PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon build help 3.5

Rosalinath
2009-12-18, 10:57 AM
I know this might sound insane but I thought an idea, the idea of making a character based off of the game series Panzer Dragoon (specifically the game Panzer Dragoon Orta). The premise is a girl flying around on a laser shooting, wyvern/dragon thingy. The girl herself isn't exactly important, maybe a caster that can use buffs for said dragon.

I need to do two things:

I. Make the dragon itself so that it is about large in size and will be balanced while hopefully not using a standard dragon.

II. Make the girl so that she is not easily killable, can actually do damage while airborne, and can enter into the dragonrider prc.

Any ideas? I know alot about dragons (I have dragon magic and the draconimacon) but I need experianced advice.

pic (http://http://gameswalls.com/wallpapers/p/panzer-dragoon-orta/ortas-dragon-1.jpg)

Melamoto
2009-12-18, 11:07 AM
Don't know about the dragon, but in Draconomicon high level Paladins can get a Dragon special mount.

Starscream
2009-12-18, 11:09 AM
If you want to be a Dragonrider, use the Dragonlance version of the PrC, not the Draconomicon one.

Dragonlance actually gives you a dragon to ride as part of the class features, Draconomicon just assumes that you already have one and give you some bonuses to ride it.

Sir.Swindle
2009-12-18, 11:35 AM
For lazars you could either go Warlock or Soulbow. Dragon Rider from the draconomicon is fairly easy to enter, but isn't very good, I only used the first level form my Wyvern rider build.

Rosalinath
2009-12-18, 01:05 PM
I like the soulbow/Warlock idea actually. Which one do you recommend?

The paladin special mount idea wouldn't work because a) it only allows a tiny list and b) I would have to be high level as a paladin in order to get an ok mount (gold dragon)

My idea personally is to take the abyssal drake from the draconimocon and shape it into what I want without it changing its CR. Change the breath into electric/divine line rather then fire/divine cone. Sacrifice the poison and barbed tail for maneuverability increase?

I’m really just trying to make this idea into something that could be used in most situations so I’m not focused only on fly around and shooting things. Flying yes, but also dungeon crawling if need be. Hence the wish for it to be large: it can fit through most passageways with a tight fit, its line breath is almost always useful, and can grapple.

What’s the difference between the two dragonrider prcs? I haven’t seen the one you are referring to.