PDA

View Full Version : Advanced 4e Multiclassing

YvizztX23
2009-12-18, 01:10 PM
So, one of the frequent complaints about 4th Edition is the fact that multiclassing has been seriously dumbed down and made worthless. But no more!

Now, you can easily multiclass. Here's how:

1. You need to get the multiclass feat and have the requisites necessary for it.

2. From there on out, wen you level up, you decide which class you won't to take a level of. Note that these individual levels are not divided, so you won't be a Druid 3/Paladin 5. You would be a Druid/Paladin, Level 8.

3. When you do level up in one class, you get the power relevant to your level, the hit point advancement for your class, and any other bonuses the chosen class might get at that level.

4: You choose any of the features of your new class to replace those of your old class. You don't have to choose any if you don't want to.

5: At 11th/21st Level, you can take any of the paragon paths and epic destinies for either class.

So, what do you people think of this?

(Oh, and apologies if someone has posted something like his before):smallsmile:

Yakk
2009-12-18, 01:43 PM
Have you read the Hybrid Rules?

YvizztX23
2009-12-18, 01:49 PM
Have you read the Hybrid Rules?

No...where do I find them? All I've heard is that they'll be in the PHB 3.

Yakk
2009-12-18, 04:13 PM
No...where do I find them? All I've heard is that they'll be in the PHB 3.
Dragon articles, or the DDI-updated character builder, both have hybrid rules in them.

They let you generate a half X, half Y character that gets a mixture of powers, mixture of features, mixture of HP, mixture of healing surges, mixture of skills, etc.

It tries to make sure that a hybrid Defender | Defender isn't a way better defender than a pure Defender, while still allowing a hybrid Defender | Striker to be somewhat of a defender, etc.

Aron Times
2009-12-18, 06:16 PM
So, one of the frequent complaints about 4th Edition is the fact that multiclassing has been seriously dumbed down and made worthless. But no more!

The vast majority of CharOp power builds are multiclass characters. No, not hybrid characters, but multiclass characters. Multiclassing has not been dumbed down nor made worthless.