PDA

View Full Version : 4e?

Froogleyboy
2009-12-18, 02:23 PM
Well, I've decided to break down and play 4e. Are there any sites that could help me out with it

Artanis
2009-12-18, 02:26 PM
This one, of course :smalltongue:

The WotC site (http://www.wizards.com) is always good, especially if you have access to DDI in some way.

Asbestos
2009-12-18, 02:53 PM
Yeah, what's wrong with us?

What exactly do you need help with?

FoE
2009-12-18, 03:08 PM
I suggesting you download the free rules from the WotC website before commiting to buying any books. Keep on the Shadowfell, while not the greatest adventure, is also available for free there.

valadil
2009-12-18, 03:11 PM
Download the character generator. Without a DDI account you can make characters up to level 3. That should give you a good start.

One of the things I like about 4e is that it's much more focused. Choose your race and class, and you can very easily read up on what's relevant to you. I find this far easier to work with than 3.5's massive pile of feats that may or may not apply to your character.

Thajocoth
2009-12-18, 03:13 PM
You can get the Quick Start Rules here, and there's a link to an old copy of the Character Builder that works up to level 3 as well.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/TryDnD.aspx

That should help you try it out without spending anything yet. I've personally never seen the Quick Start Rules. When I started, there were no Quick Start Rules, but a friend of mine had gotten the PHB's pdf. After the first couple sessions I went out and bought a hard copy, which is much handier at the table, and eventually some of the other books. I've since gotten DDI and all that. If you enjoy it, you'll probably want to get DDI eventually. You'll have access to pretty much everything.

If you have any specific questions, this is certainly the place to ask them. Better than any other board I've been to for speedy, accurate, easy-to-navigate-to, helpful & friendly responses to D&D questions.

Aron Times
2009-12-18, 03:49 PM
Click on the link in my signature to download Wizards' free 4e stuff.

Tyndmyr
2009-12-18, 04:02 PM
Yeah, what's wrong with us?

What exactly do you need help with?

Did you not read his post? He broke down and started playing 4e. Obviously, he needs help! :smallbiggrin:

Volkov
2009-12-18, 04:04 PM
Shoots the OP several times. There I have put you out of your misery. reads the first post Oh you wanted me to help you with 4e, not kill you, oops. :smallbiggrin:

oxybe
2009-12-18, 04:19 PM
could be worse, he could be playing 3.5 or pathfinder :smalltongue: :smallwink:

now to be serious, check my sig for lots of free goodies. for actual help, download the quickstart guide on the test drive site & the character builder. muck around a bit, write down stuff you're confused about and come back on the boards and we'll clear things up.

play a few games, write down stuff you're confused about and come back on the boards and we'll clear things up.

Kaun
2009-12-18, 04:31 PM
One Of Us!!! One Of Us!!!

Sebastian
2009-12-18, 04:34 PM
You people got it wrong. He obviously mean GURPS 4e. ;)