PDA

View Full Version : Famous people

BenTheJester
2009-12-18, 03:54 PM
I have a costumed party during the holidays and I need to be disguised as someone famous(in the likes of M.Jackson, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, etc).

I want to be as original as possible and don't want a really expensive costume(I thought about going as Tiger Woods, by having 5-6 blowup dolls with me, but those things are more expensive than I expected), but any piece of clothing/wig/basic makeup is totally fine

Any ideas?

Froogleyboy
2009-12-18, 03:57 PM
Can you afford a long curly wig and tight pants? If so, Go as Robert Plant

thubby
2009-12-18, 04:08 PM
there's always hitler.

Otogi
2009-12-18, 04:13 PM
Good thing about going as Hitler? Put on a bowler hat, and TADA! You're Chaplin!

SurlySeraph
2009-12-18, 04:43 PM
Politicians are easy. All you need is a suit and tie, and sometimes a flag pin or gray hair dye. Better yet, each time someone asks who you are name a different politician.

Lupy
2009-12-18, 04:48 PM
I'll second Hitler, all you need is a suit and a home made armband. And a mustache if you don't have one. Both would be easy to make out of felt.

You could also go as Obama, or the head of state wherever you live.

If you don't want to be a politician, you could be Walt Disney. Again, a suit, maybe something Disney related.

Starscream
2009-12-18, 05:39 PM
If you don't want to be a politician, you could be Walt Disney. Again, a suit, maybe something Disney related.

Go as Disney and paint yourself white and put fake snow in your hair, like you just thawed out!

Eldan
2009-12-18, 05:43 PM
Maybe show a picture of yourself, so we can tell if you resemble anyone>?

Haven
2009-12-18, 06:32 PM
I would like to suggest you go as Not Hitler. You don't have to buy anything and your friends won't dopeslap you.

Serpentine
2009-12-18, 10:59 PM
Get a big old can and some bits of old metal, and be Ned Kelly.

SilverSheriff
2009-12-19, 12:17 AM
Go as Billy Mays.

Crispy Dave
2009-12-19, 03:46 AM
Go as Gary Gygax.

Boo
2009-12-19, 05:08 AM
I like that "Thawing Disney" costume.

(And topical costumes were never all that great in my opinion.)

Don't go as MJ if you want to be original. That was the #1 costume on Halloween. I bet you'll see at least three MJ's at the party.

My suggestion: post-it monster. Try for a green and red theme to go with the holidays. It's only expensive if you consider the phrase "Time is money". You'll probably spend about ten to fifteen dollars on post-its, then spend an hour putting them all over your clothes and body (wear a dress shirt, tie and pants underneath).

For added fun: bring more post-its and a pen so people can write notes on you. At least the pen.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-12-19, 08:44 AM
I would like to suggest you go as Not Hitler.

DO IT DO IT DO IT

:smallwink:

Athaniar
2009-12-19, 10:04 AM
I don't have anything against you (or anyone) going as Hitler, but you should check with others who are involved so that nobody takes offense. The last thing you want at a party is ill will.

EndlessWrath
2009-12-19, 10:17 AM
I like the chaplin idea, and I like Billy mays (adding is Vince from the Shamwow infomercial...) You could Always go as Kanye west.

-Wrath

Strawman
2009-12-19, 10:47 AM
If you do go as Hitler, make sure to dispose of the costume afterwards. Accidently leaving that armband around the house can lead to some... awkward conversations.

SilverSheriff
2009-12-19, 11:02 AM
If you do go as Hitler, make sure to dispose of the costume afterward. Accidentally leaving that armband around the house can lead to some... awkward conversations.

"What is this doing in your closet?"
*flashes Swastika armband*
"OH FOR **** SAKE ITS A HALLOWEEN COSTUME!"
"Sure buddy...sure."
"What the hell were you doing in my room anyway?!":smallmad:

AtomicKitKat
2009-12-19, 12:16 PM
Instead of inflatable dolls, get some balloon animals(but tied up in humanoid form, with little boobies), and rafia string for hair. Or you could go as Tiger Woods ala SNL by wrapping a length of silver-painted hose(and other stuff to make it look "golf-club"-ish) around your neck.:smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-19, 02:08 PM
Go as Janet Jackson. During the wardrobe malfunction. The fact that you're a guy makes it all the funnier! :smallbiggrin:

Blas_de_Lezo
2009-12-20, 01:18 PM
A very easy and cheap one is going as Robert Smith, from The Cure.

If you like the band, cool. If you don't like it, make fun of him. :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2009-12-21, 05:44 AM
What about the Elephant Man, then all you need is a sack on your head.

Hazkali
2009-12-23, 06:37 PM
If you have time, wonders can be worked with cardboard, poster paint and tin foil. Someone I know spent three solid days working on an Optimus Prime costume fashioned out of the above and it looked the business.

nanobot_swarm
2009-12-23, 08:59 PM
I could suggest Jean-Paul Marat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Paul_Marat), I doubt many (if any) shall go as him, and he was pretty famous.

Ravens_cry
2009-12-23, 09:07 PM
I could suggest Jean-Paul Marat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Paul_Marat), I doubt many (if any) shall go as him, and he was pretty famous.
So go with a white towel wrapped around your head, a knife sticking out of your gut, and a hand written letter in your hand?
Hmmm. . .
Dr. Manhatten.
Light blue full body leotard, blue grease point, a circle with a lot on your head, and skull cap or shave. Oh and sharpie on some genitals in the appropriate area.

onthetown
2009-12-23, 09:20 PM
Billy Mays! :smallbiggrin: Or Vince from Slap Chop... Bring a friend dressed as a hooker...

Thajocoth
2009-12-24, 02:48 AM
...Oh and sharpie on some genitals in the appropriate area.

Or he could just paint his whole body. It might be easier to get right. If anyone complains that you're naked, point out that X-Men was PG-13 and Mystique was simply painted blue, so blue paint is officially clothing.

Though, you might need a lot of layers of paint to keep warm... And after what happened to the Tin Man from his paint... Maybe it's a bad idea.

-----

What I generally do each Halloween is pick a video game character that fits certain criteria (recognizable, human or physically close enough to it, male, and a character I like). My last 3 costumes were Link, Mario and Megaman. The recognizably criteria cuts out a lot of options for me, and the male only criteria cuts out over half of my remaining options. I'm having trouble figuring out who to be next year. Solid Snake's a possible... Though I'm trying not to do another protagonist, as I just did 3 in a row.

Anyway, from I've seen, Link is a very rewarding costume. Everyone seems to love it. I've used it several times, improving a few details each time. If I do it again, I'll need a Master Sword... That was the only complaint people had. "So you have the shield and the red boomerang, but no sword?"

If you're interested, there's a good guide on making an awesome shield out of foam board (I'll need to find it again). It straps over your arm, so your hand can still be free. The tunic is simply a green dress with a strip cut off to use to make the hat. Add in, like, 3 belts (1 around the waist, 2 interlocked around the torso diagonally), fake elf ears, work gloves with the tips cut off. boots, and white sweatpants (tights are too thin for the winter for me), and you've got yourself an easy Link costume.

The one problem with being Link is, ironically, the lack of pockets. It'd be best to get some sort of pouch that hooks onto and matches the belts, but I've found that finding such a pouch is difficult. I had my aunt make one, but it fell apart by the end of the day... My Mario had tons of pockets, and my Megaman had wrist-pockets.