PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a previously posted Monk redux.

Freejack451
2009-12-18, 07:24 PM
Hey there Playgrounders,

I was at work at around 4:30 am before i had my morning coffee and randomly came accross a link to a monk build that involved gaining styles every few levels, which allowed to pick to abilities from a list to create the styles. Well, I have been searching the forums on several boards to find this info, and have failed horribly b/c it was before I had my coffee and it was 4 am. Any links would be very welcome, and any complaining about another Monk post would be understood.

Freejack

tyckspoon
2009-12-18, 07:30 PM
Sounds like the Tome of War Monk, from the Tome/How It Ought To Be series of essays and homebrew. I'm not sure where the current best version of those are, tho.

Could also be a half-dozen other monk rebuilds, too, mind. That's a pretty common base structure for a monk idea.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-18, 07:33 PM
Tome Monk from Races of WarDungeonomicon. Probably. (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Monk,_Tome_%283.5e_Class%29)

Freejack451
2009-12-18, 07:35 PM
I think it got a new style every 2 or 3 levels and with the style you got to choose to abilities. I hope that helps. The background of the forum message wall was tan, unlike GITP which is white. God, I'm tired..

Freejack

Freejack451
2009-12-18, 07:37 PM
BAM!!! THATS IT!!!!

You guys rule thanks for your info and I'm sorry to trouble you over this.

YOU ROCK HARDER THAN ALL WHO HAVE ROCKED BEFORE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Freejack

Draz74
2009-12-19, 03:10 AM
The class is OK, but the 3d10 Monk Maneuver Naming Convention at the end is priceless. :smallbiggrin: