PDA

View Full Version : Vault 6 (IC)

DMBlackhart
2009-12-18, 08:11 PM
Rosaleen Garnet Blake-

The air is thick at night with dust and gas from the mines north of town. The morningstar mines, the only mines that still operates in redding. The year is 2300, much has happened in the post-apocolyptic distopia since the bombs fell centuries ago. Purified water has made it's way throughout the wastes, a constant war is waged between mutant and man, and two powerful pre-war factions continue to vey(sp?) for power even to this day.

However Things aren't all bad. Industrial development has begun once more in the wastes, and small oasis's can be found growing throughout the once scarred lands. However the rivers that were once filled with poison and vile, although now pristene, are ever deadlier to the mutant life of the wastes.

Light ran begins to fill the outside, many people in the town head in for the night, or head back to the gold mines. It seems throughout the entire town only a single bar can be found, the sign too damaged to be read clearly.

Abraham Schelchstein-

You can already feel it as you come up a long hill. This town has a tint of radiation about it. Quartz, the major supplier of ores like iron and copper in the wastes. This is the ideal place for those looking for a job, or to make a simple, honest living. Many caravans re always comming and going from this place, and looking for a little support out in th wastes.

Vic Jhonson-

Your path through the wastes meets with the sleepy town of modoc. A small, almost lifeless town in the mountains nea vault-city. This town, for years now, has become a simple stop-off and trading point for those taking their chances out in the wastelands. This is the place where adventurers and survivors start heir carreers, and where some end them.

Helena Blue-

The broken hillz, as it has come to be known, sits just in the horizon. This town has so far manage to elude the NCR's corrupt influence, and keeps itsef alive thanks to the power generator that lies at the heart of the town. The town isen't too kind to strangers, less so to humans. However you shouldent find too much trouble making your own here. The town is the only surviving source of power in the californian wastes. It produces energy cells of all kinds, and ships this power throughout the wastes to ensure the continuity of both man, and mutant kind.

Zachery Tass and Milo Stout

The stink of rot and smoke is always thick in the air. Given your in the heart of possibly the crappiest locale in the wastes, it's no surprise. Los Angeles, or the "L.A. Boneyard". Aptly named due to the towering skeletal remains of once important skyscrapers that loom over the city, casting constantly shifting shadows below.

You find yourself in another filthy tavern, with the usual filthy clientell. However the boneyard happens to be slightly more unique then most places you've been. What with the 3 and 1/2 meter tall, leathery skinned, sharp toothed "lizards" roaming about. The deathclaw, or "lizards" as another stereotypical hate word is known, in the boneyard happen to be the only intellegent ones in the wastes.

This doesent make them any more friendly, however.

alexeduardo
2009-12-18, 08:42 PM
Abraham approaches the caravans, he follows them discreetly up to their stopping-points, where he starts distantly inspecting them, trying to figure out which one of them could use protection the most.
What does he see?

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-19, 01:19 AM
Blake looks around and taps her hat, sighing lightly and walking towards the bar. "New town, new bar. The innkeep will know everything I need... Too bad I've got nothing to barter with. 'Cept fer some rocks. I got rocks." She loosens her coat and walks into the bar slowly, looking around for who anyone who looks nervous, lonesome, despairing, etc. Trying to get a feel for the current clientele of the establishment, as well as finding the barkeep. The males of the place are more important to her than the females, as she knows she is better at getting what she wants from the opposite gender, which is currently information.

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-19, 04:45 AM
A Boy and His Dog...

Vic rubs his hands together as he looks onto the town, "See Blood, I told you so. Thriving city, lucky ladies, food." Inside of his head he hears the old-styled phrasing of Blood respond in sarcastic tones, <Your inferior intellect combined with your spastic lifestyle, only lend credit to how much of a bad idea this is, Albert. No good can come of staying here for to long.>

"You don't think I know that you mangy mutt? Now shut up, or I'll pop you one, right in the kisser." Blood shakes his head with affront, <Of course, Albert.> Vic hisses slightly as he stomps off into the city, "And stop callin' me Albert, I ain't no-damn Albert, and you know it." Blood trotted off after the boy.

Casually Vic began strolling around the streets, taking in what the city had to offer. Inside his head, he and Blood were scoping out all of the businesses and houses, casing each place what might eventually become their greatest heist ever. Or at least, one of the best to offer them something of worth in this dirt-farm.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-19, 08:57 AM
The sun was setting low behind the barren horizon, painting the landscape in a dirty yellow shade that only barely brightened the coming darkness.

Helena paused her relaxed pace through the dust and brought one hand to her brow, inspecting the piece of land that lay ahead, bathed in glow. A junk-town the wastelanders refered to as Broken Hillz stood there, like a shattered jewel among the rubble, a jewel too precious for her liking. Dropping her head momentarily, she let out a deep sigh and clutching her satchel's leather belt tighter on her shoulder, she began down the path with renewed determination in her eyes.

Although she'd heard about Broken Hillz through the grapevine, she never actually needed to come 'round this way before. This time, however there was no avoiding it. She had to venture into town. Food was never a problem, although the wandering critters became less and less frequent as she moved towards the Hillz. Water, on the other hand, was always a commodity and she had run out of everything. Without a single cap in her pocket and her bag empty of any scavengings, she would think twice before nearing civilization.

Broken Hillz always needed mechanics though; something to patch that leaked, something to oil that creaked, something to bolt down that buckled up. People always had small stuff like that lying about in their homes and stores, that made their lives just a tad more difficult to be noticed. Fixing them would probably earn her a few caps or a decent bed and meal, preferably the latter.

Besides, shedding an eye on that spiffy generator of theirs was always a thought that warmed her heart. It stood proud, a revived testament of technology that caused life to flourish around it, an ideal perhaps that always led her own hand in mechanics. Unfortunately there was always the other side of the coin as well. That was inevitable.

Thoughts like these made her approach easier to bare and in time she stood outside the town's main gate. Pausing for a moment to take a deep breath, she walked up to it.

Wraithkin
2009-12-19, 11:56 AM
QuoteYour path through the wastes meets with the sleepy town of modoc. A small, almost lifeless town in the mountains nea vault-city. This town, for years now, has become a simple stop-off and trading point for those taking their chances out in the wastelands. This is the place where adventurers and survivors start heir carreers, and where some end them.

"Hey... wait... up..." Julius huffed and puffed after his friend. "Just... because... " Huff puff "you think... it's " He finally catches up to Vic and slows to a walk. After a few heavy breaths, he exhales slowly. "Just because you think a piece of technology is useless doesn't mean it is."

He has a piece of a robobrain he found in his left hand, and a screwdriver which is tethered by a nifty gizmo (one of his own design!) to his belt in his right. Giving a slight grunt, the screw pops loose. "Ah hah!" Julius lets go of the screwdriver and it falls briefly before the gizmo automatically and silently retracts and pulls the screwdriver up into a little sleeve specifically designed for that tool.

With a careful hand, not even bothering to watch where he's going, he pries open the case. Inside are a tangled mass of wires, boards, and other various little components. "Perfect..." Julius starts muttering technobabble about the components. "So .. " mutter mutter mutter "What's the plan?" mutter mutter mutter.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-19, 12:05 PM
Helena Blue-

As the sun fades and the sky begins to fade black you reach the outer-area of "The Broken Hills".

The gate of the town seems to be made of a series of pieced together concrete, cars, and othr sturdy materials. You see 4 very large, very stupid looking Super Mutants standing at the gate. Each is dressed in strong leathers and is armed with hunting rifles.

If you haden't been told so by other wastelanders in your travels, you'd have thought this to be a mutant war-camp. However these men, although gruff, do not seem out right violent.

Hold! What buissness do you have in the broken hills?

One of the mutants sputters through his crooked teeth and bulbus jaw.

Vic & Julius-

The town looks almost like a real cliched "ghost town" from old western movies. You'll see the occasional wastelander-dressed cowboy, crooked wooden signs filled with bullet holes, and even tumble weeds bouncing along you path.

The lot here seems friendly enough, however a man laying against the side of the closest general store seems to eye your dog suspisciously.

The town has little to offer in the way of immediate gratification, but with a little searching anyone can make their name known.

Places of Note

Bar- "The Oasis"
General Store- "The Outpost"
Water Caravan- "Roy's Caravan"
Hunting Club- "The Silver Bullet"

R.G.B-

You step into the tavern to escape the dusty night air, only to be assaulted with thick, smoke filled air. The bar is typical for these times, dingy, rundown, and filled with alchoholics and chainsmokers. However a unique trait of the town you have noticed, are all the shifty-eyed men wearing similar blue overalls and hardhelmets. They obviously seem to be the men comming from the mines north of town. Each one seems to be skittish, shifty, and have red and stressed eyes.

Around the bar you notice a few people in particular that fit your description.

People

"Man in a white pre-war suit."
" Miner down on his luck "
" A sobbing wastelander "
" A small poker group. "

Abraham-

The caravans stop off in the town of quartz, and each begin to sell and purchase goods. Some of the caravans go off to the quarry, to gather ores, some head into the various shops to sell their wares. One caravan from the rest sits in the middle of town, selling something "unique".

We got your Cure right here! Tired of the poisons of the wastelands getting to you? We have all your survival gear and more. And now, on sell at a special price, AQUA CURA! A miracle in purifing technology!

The man selling these wears seems to be a heavy-set human who is missing his left arm. He seems to be your typical charismatic salesman type.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-19, 12:18 PM
Blake walks over to the sobbing wastelander and takes a seat, taking a sympathetic demeanor. "What's your sorrow, bud? You look pretty down on your luck."
[spoiler]Speech and she keeps an eye on the guy in the white suit, she wants to talk to him.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-19, 12:39 PM
R.G.B-

The man seems to only look up to take a swig of some sort of alchohol. When you try to converse with him he just waves you off and goes back to his misery.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-19, 12:52 PM
She shrugs and takes a seat at the bar, looking over to watch the man in the pre-war suit, see what he's doing.

purepolarpanzer
2009-12-19, 01:36 PM
Milo Stout
Milo sits at the bar of the tavern, smiling even though his brain was racing. Those damn raiders had jumped on that shipment of books like pigrats on a wounded brahmin.He went over his resources. Few caps, no trade goods, nothing but his Sarah, his guns, and his wits. Oh well, things had been worse. He turns to Zachary.
So what do you think? Time to look for jobs? I know you signed on as a caravan guard, but the only thing this caravan is carrying is fleas.
He also began to look around the tavern for any of the evident signs of employment.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-19, 01:36 PM
R.G.B-

The clean-cut, dark haired human male in the still pristine pre-war suit just stands in the corner, holding a rather bulky briefcase. The man just eyes the tavern, his gaze crossing yours multiple times.

Milo-

The boneyard has it's troubles like anyone else. You find a women constantly in argument with one of the deathclaw, repeating the words "Filthy Lizard" as they disguss.

The bartender also seems to be constantly spitting out gosip or rumors, a valuable source for jobs.

Finally there are the occasional caravaners who come and go for a drink, some even mention recruitment and pay.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-19, 01:48 PM
She steps away from the bar and over to the man in the suit, smiling slightly at the sight, "Those are pretty nice threads... what's got you in a dive like this?" She looks curiously at the expensive attire for a moment after saying that.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-19, 01:50 PM
R.G.B-

The man removes his dark shades, sizing you up.

Thankyou madam. Im here on... buissness. I require an assitant.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-19, 02:03 PM
"An assistant, you say? Perhaps I could help. What is it you want?"

DMBlackhart
2009-12-19, 02:05 PM
R.G.B-

I require someone to retrieve personal belongings of mine from a near-by Cheatu. You see, out in the dead forests near here there is a cabin built into the side of a hill. I recently took up residence there, until the yao-guai started getting more territorial.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-19, 02:16 PM
"Hm... What sorts of belongings? I might be able to help."

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-19, 05:00 PM
Hold! What buissness do you have in the broken hills?
One of the mutants sputters through his crooked teeth and bulbus jaw.

Upon hearing the large fellow's words, Helena walked up to him calmly, however keeping a somewhat safe distance. For some reason she never really bothered to comprehend, Super Mutants always reminded her of overgrown, radioactive teddy-bears. Well, at least the friendly ones. This thought painted a smile on her face.
"Hey, I'm just passing through looking for some food and board, nothing big. Can I come in?" she said, looking up to meet the mutant's eyes.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-19, 05:20 PM
R.G.B-

The man's tone turns a bit more aggrasive, however he masks his aggitation at the Q. and A. Well.

Just some personal materials. Am I to assume your interested?

Helena-

The mutants each move to keep distance from you, and keep their guns pointed at you, however none of them move aggresivly as long as you do not approach them.

G'on in. But watch yerself. Not many like yer kind round here.

Moving into the broken hills you find a large population of non-feral ghouls, and a very diverse mix of humans, super mutants, and half-mutants.

The "mutties" however seem to be the gruff of them all. Few will give anyone but their own kind the time of day.

As you wander the towns shops, meet with the locales, and search for room and board, you happen to notice a key-feature about the town. The sickly sting of radiation is in the air. The power plant obviously runs on uranium, and although it's effects are strongest, and possibly deadly at the compound itself. The touch of radiation still clouts the air around you.

(Whats your rad resistance?)

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-19, 05:47 PM
(My Rad Resist is 10%)

Helena took her time, wandering around town, at some points aimlessly, getting familiar with her surroundings and the faces around her, getting lost and retracing her steps back again.
Clutching her bag to her side firmly, she mostly tried to avoid being stepped on or step at the heaving throngs of people that pulsated around her.
She gasped in awe at the multitude of colors, shapes and sizes that formed the living tapestry that was Broken Hillz and although a deep part of her felt exuberant to be amongst all these souls, she couldn't help but admit a nauseating feeling grasping her stomach, reaching for her throat.
At first she thought it was normal; the change between complete and utter loneliness to being amidst the roaring masses after some time was too abrupt and made her feel lightheaded. But soon she realised it was the effect of radiation. The crowds moved in it, a light green mist that blurred her eyesight.
She withdrew from the street and clutching her aching head, she stepped blindly into the first store that met her path.

Arq Kujos
2009-12-19, 07:47 PM
Milo Stout
Milo sits at the bar of the tavern, smiling even though his brain was racing. Those damn raiders had jumped on that shipment of books like pigrats on a wounded brahmin.He went over his resources. Few caps, no trade goods, nothing but his Sarah, his guns, and his wits. Oh well, things had been worse. He turns to Zachary.
So what do you think? Time to look for jobs? I know you signed on as a caravan guard, but the only thing this caravan is carrying is fleas.
He also began to look around the tavern for any of the evident signs of employment.

Zachery Tass
"Well, sitting here isn't going to do us much good, now is it? Why don't we join a scav team? Or team up with some other traders?" Zach took a swig of his Nuka-Cola and let out a blech. "God this is good stuff." He took another swig and sat the bottle down close to him. "Like I said, that brahmin o' yours ain't fast enough or strong enough to turn profit on 'er own. We need to expand business." Zach never was one to be good with words. He wasn't unattractive, but once he opened his mouth, it became clear that he was backwaters. "Look, I don't mean no offense, but life is hard and we got to face facts. Lets go join a scav team. We can find some good stuff in the city, and then we can come back, pick up Sarah, buy her a friend, and get back to what we do best. Turn profit where others see junk." Zach took another swig of his Nuka-Cola, gulping it down greedily. "Ahhh. Hey barkeep, you got any more of this fine beverage? I'm still thirsty." Zach set the empty bottle down and turned back to his friend. "Now, I ain't never had a friend before, but trust me, as long as stick together, we can handle anything. I just wish I could have stopped them Raider sumbitches from ruining your last job. As long as I'm here, you got nothing to worry about." He slung an arm over his comrade and smiled. "Hey bartender, get a Cola for my buddy here." After paying for the drinks, a slightly caffeine buzzed Zach will wave the bartender over. "Hey man, do you know where a couple of down on our luck joes like us could get a scav job?

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-20, 08:55 AM
Vic & Julius-

The town looks almost like a real cliched "ghost town" from old western movies. You'll see the occasional wastelander-dressed cowboy, crooked wooden signs filled with bullet holes, and even tumble weeds bouncing along you path.

The lot here seems friendly enough, however a man laying against the side of the closest general store seems to eye your dog suspisciously.

The town has little to offer in the way of immediate gratification, but with a little searching anyone can make their name known.

Places of Note

Bar- "The Oasis"

A Boy and His Dog... and their Friend.

Vic looks over at Jules, a rather sidelong expression as the saunter through the town, "That crazy stuff will fry your brain, like they fried the world. Best to just let it all fade away." He looks around at the buildings and people, especially the ones who eye his dog... he makes sure they know he saw them doing it, even if his back was to them when they did it.

"So, what looks good Jules? I'm thinking this Silver Bullet... might wanna see what we can get and such, and what we can get later."

Wraithkin
2009-12-20, 09:57 AM
Vic & Julius-

Places of Note

Bar- "The Oasis"

Julius, Techmaster Extraordinaire!

"You're no fun." He mutters as he takes the pieces and parts, reaches over his left shoulder and stuffs the gizmo parts into his unique backpack. "Not only that, but we should look at that general store, too. I am still looking for the weird parts that this thing needs." He taps the Pip-Boy 3000 on his left forearm. It looks like it doesn't even work, but he still wears it and tinkers with it. Somewhere there are parts that will make it work. "But yes... I think silver bullet would be the best bet. What do you think blood?"

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-20, 01:51 PM
She nods and smiles lightly, "Absolutely. Sorry for the snooping, I just figured, I couldn't get the stuff for you if I didn't know what it was to look for. I am to assume you, or someone you know, would be accompanying me, then?"

DMBlackhart
2009-12-20, 02:43 PM
Helena

(My Rad Resist is 10%)

Helena took her time, wandering around town, at some points aimlessly, getting familiar with her surroundings and the faces around her, getting lost and retracing her steps back again.
Clutching her bag to her side firmly, she mostly tried to avoid being stepped on or step at the heaving throngs of people that pulsated around her.
She gasped in awe at the multitude of colors, shapes and sizes that formed the living tapestry that was Broken Hillz and although a deep part of her felt exuberant to be amongst all these souls, she couldn't help but admit a nauseating feeling grasping her stomach, reaching for her throat.
At first she thought it was normal; the change between complete and utter loneliness to being amidst the roaring masses after some time was too abrupt and made her feel lightheaded. But soon she realised it was the effect of radiation. The crowds moved in it, a light green mist that blurred her eyesight.
She withdrew from the street and clutching her aching head, she stepped blindly into the first store that met her path.

Zach

"Well, sitting here isn't going to do us much good, now is it? Why don't we join a scav team? Or team up with some other traders?" Zach took a swig of his Nuka-Cola and let out a blech. "God this is good stuff." He took another swig and sat the bottle down close to him. "Like I said, that brahmin o' yours ain't fast enough or strong enough to turn profit on 'er own. We need to expand business." Zach never was one to be good with words. He wasn't unattractive, but once he opened his mouth, it became clear that he was backwaters. "Look, I don't mean no offense, but life is hard and we got to face facts. Lets go join a scav team. We can find some good stuff in the city, and then we can come back, pick up Sarah, buy her a friend, and get back to what we do best. Turn profit where others see junk." Zach took another swig of his Nuka-Cola, gulping it down greedily. "Ahhh. Hey barkeep, you got any more of this fine beverage? I'm still thirsty." Zach set the empty bottle down and turned back to his friend. "Now, I ain't never had a friend before, but trust me, as long as stick together, we can handle anything. I just wish I could have stopped them Raider sumbitches from ruining your last job. As long as I'm here, you got nothing to worry about." He slung an arm over his comrade and smiled. "Hey bartender, get a Cola for my buddy here." After paying for the drinks, a slightly caffeine buzzed Zach will wave the bartender over. "Hey man, do you know where a couple of down on our luck joes like us could get a scav job?

Vic

A Boy and His Dog... and their Friend.

Vic looks over at Jules, a rather sidelong expression as the saunter through the town, "That crazy stuff will fry your brain, like they fried the world. Best to just let it all fade away." He looks around at the buildings and people, especially the ones who eye his dog... he makes sure they know he saw them doing it, even if his back was to them when they did it.

"So, what looks good Jules? I'm thinking this Silver Bullet... might wanna see what we can get and such, and what we can get later."

Julius

Julius, Techmaster Extraordinaire!

"You're no fun." He mutters as he takes the pieces and parts, reaches over his left shoulder and stuffs the gizmo parts into his unique backpack. "Not only that, but we should look at that general store, too. I am still looking for the weird parts that this thing needs." He taps the Pip-Boy 3000 on his left forearm. It looks like it doesn't even work, but he still wears it and tinkers with it. Somewhere there are parts that will make it work. "But yes... I think silver bullet would be the best bet. What do you think blood?"

R.G.B

She nods and smiles lightly, "Absolutely. Sorry for the snooping, I just figured, I couldn't get the stuff for you if I didn't know what it was to look for. I am to assume you, or someone you know, would be accompanying me, then?"

Helena-

The sting of radiation isen't strong, but it exists. You know now why there aren't many humans here. However adapting to the irradiated air is tasking, and causes you to lose your sense of direction. Although the sting still exists, you manage to regain control of your senses, your stomach still churning.

You find yourself in a run-down supply shop. Inside 2 heavily armed and armored ghouls, and a burly half mutant are chatting up the shopkeep. The man behind the counter seems like any regular human, however his skin is tinted green. He must have been here for awhile now.

One of the ghouls speaks just as you enter, Now listen here you little smooth skinned welp. We took care of your "investors" so we want our cut of the caps.

Ya! Hand em over! The half-mutant shouts.

Zachery & Milo-

The obviously unkempt bartender hands over your drinks, his scarred and warty hands only adding to the disgust of the bar.

As you wave the man back over, and inquire about work, a wicked little smile creeps along his face.

Yeaaaah. I got work for yeah. What kind you looking for?

OoC- ( Feel free to be as descriptive as you want. I suggest looking for something along your better skills and the like. )

Julius & Vic-

You all make your way to the silver Bullet, apparently the local "Gun Club". Inside you are greeted by a single, asian male with a rather complex electronic collar on.

Sir! Some wastelanders are here to see you!

After which you are let into the rather large stone complex. The club seems to have been stationed in an abandoned warehouse. As you are led in another asian male in a soft-leather trenchcoat, and a rather large rimmed hat steps away from a crowed of about 10 or so other armed humans.

Names mik. And ya'll would be?

The man named mik waves off his "servent?" as he addresses you three.

R.G.B-

Trust me you'll know it when you see it. And no such luck. no one else in this dump will take up my request. Although I wont stop you from bringing friends. Long as your here within the week. I have a shedule to keep.

Arq Kujos
2009-12-20, 02:59 PM
Zachery & Milo-

The obviously unkempt bartender hands over your drinks, his scarred and warty hands only adding to the disgust of the bar.

As you wave the man back over, and inquire about work, a wicked little smile creeps along his face.

Yeaaaah. I got work for yeah. What kind you looking for?

OoC- ( Feel free to be as descriptive as you want. I suggest looking for something along your better skills and the like. )

OOC: Well, considering we are level 1, not too much is within our speciality. Lets try this.

OOC: Oh, and feel free to have Milo agree or object. Zach is as impulsive as he is friendly. His charisma penalty stems from his inability to shut up or slow down, so feel free to save him from himself if you're character senses him heading towards destruction.

"Well, my buddy and I, we're a couple o' travelin' traders, well, he is anyway. I'm a gun for hire. Anyway, we need some work that will pay well if we are ever going to get back into the tradin' biz. Me, I'm fast, sneaky, and good with a gun or a wrench. I can find almost anything. There has to be scav team or some rich sumbitch in need of something. If you need something found, recovered, repossessed, or reclaimed, me and Milo here are the right men for that job." Zach stopped his long ramble to take another swig of Nuka-Cola. As he drank it, a big smile came over his face. "Now, Milo here is a good, honest guy. Me, I'm willing to work hard and not ask a whole lot of questions. As long as we ain't shooting kids or stealing from the Steelies, and as long as the pay is good, we are the men for you.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-20, 03:02 PM
The sting of radiation isen't strong, but it exists. You know now why there aren't many humans here. However adapting to the irradiated air is tasking, and causes you to lose your sense of direction. Although the sting still exists, you manage to regain control of your senses, your stomach still churning.

You find yourself in a run-down supply shop. Inside 2 heavily armed and armored ghouls, and a burly half mutant are chatting up the shopkeep. The man behind the counter seems like any regular human, however his skin is tinted green. He must have been here for awhile now.

One of the ghouls speaks just as you enter, Now listen here you little smooth skinned welp. We took care of your "investors" so we want our cut of the caps.

Ya! Hand em over! The half-mutant shouts.

Helena manages just in time to gulp down the bile that ascended from her aching gut. It felt nearly as bad as having to survive on dried molerat meat. She threw her back on the wall, almost in relief that the dizzyness slowly subsided. As soon as her vision cleared enough to inspect her surroundings, however and the sound of gruff voices in argument reached her ears, coming from the mouths of equally gruff individuals, she wished she'd stayed outside and spilled her intestines on the ground.
Still clutching her mouth and stomach in pain, she squeezed herself upon the wall, hoping to stay unnoticed by the battle-ready company. Now definately wasn't a good time to ask the merchant for some Rad-X.

alexeduardo
2009-12-20, 04:18 PM
[
Abraham-

The caravans stop off in the town of quartz, and each begin to sell and purchase goods. Some of the caravans go off to the quarry, to gather ores, some head into the various shops to sell their wares. One caravan from the rest sits in the middle of town, selling something "unique".

We got your Cure right here! Tired of the poisons of the wastelands getting to you? We have all your survival gear and more. And now, on sell at a special price, AQUA CURA! A miracle in purifing technology!

The man selling these wears seems to be a heavy-set human who is missing his left arm. He seems to be your typical charismatic salesman type.

Abraham approaches the man, obviously skeptical. He approaches, without shame. He's got no patience for bigots.

What's this "aqua cura" thing you're selling?

Abraham also looks thoroughly at the caravan itself, looking for any guards the merchant might employ. He's been looking for some sort of adventure, to take him out of his tedium. Caravan guardsman sounds about right.
On the other hand, Abraham was never too fond of charlatans. This casual conversation might end in gunfire.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-20, 06:20 PM
Trust me you'll know it when you see it. And no such luck. no one else in this dump will take up my request. Although I wont stop you from bringing friends. Long as your here within the week. I have a shedule to keep.
"What would I be getting in return for fetching your belongings? Yao-guai are pretty dangerous."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-20, 06:32 PM
Zachery & Milo

"Well, my buddy and I, we're a couple o' travelin' traders, well, he is anyway. I'm a gun for hire. Anyway, we need some work that will pay well if we are ever going to get back into the tradin' biz. Me, I'm fast, sneaky, and good with a gun or a wrench. I can find almost anything. There has to be scav team or some rich sumbitch in need of something. If you need something found, recovered, repossessed, or reclaimed, me and Milo here are the right men for that job." Zach stopped his long ramble to take another swig of Nuka-Cola. As he drank it, a big smile came over his face. "Now, Milo here is a good, honest guy. Me, I'm willing to work hard and not ask a whole lot of questions. As long as we ain't shooting kids or stealing from the Steelies, and as long as the pay is good, we are the men for you.

Helena

Helena manages just in time to gulp down the bile that ascended from her aching gut. It felt nearly as bad as having to survive on dried molerat meat. She threw her back on the wall, almost in relief that the dizzyness slowly subsided. As soon as her vision cleared enough to inspect her surroundings, however and the sound of gruff voices in argument reached her ears, coming from the mouths of equally gruff individuals, she wished she'd stayed outside and spilled her intestines on the ground.
Still clutching her mouth and stomach in pain, she squeezed herself upon the wall, hoping to stay unnoticed by the battle-ready company. Now definately wasn't a good time to ask the merchant for some Rad-X.

Abraham

Abraham approaches the man, obviously skeptical. He approaches, without shame. He's got no patience for bigots.

What's this "aqua cura" thing you're selling?

Abraham also looks thoroughly at the caravan itself, looking for any guards the merchant might employ. He's been looking for some sort of adventure, to take him out of his tedium. Caravan guardsman sounds about right.
On the other hand, Abraham was never too fond of charlatans. This casual conversation might end in gunfire.

Zachery & Milo-

The man outreaches a filthy palm as he greets you both by name and in turn.

Names Morgon. And yeah, the boneyard is always full of interesting things to do. Now as for a couple scavangers, I think I know the perfect job. Ya' see, those filthy Lizards are always scavanging stuff from the east side of town. Which the police force don't really mind them staying out west, and despite what most people say they are welcome in the taverns and pits, but some of em steal our trash over here.

Now, I know that doesent sound that bad, but it is. This town has existed for easily 2 centuries now since the bombs fell. It hasen't even begun to be fully scavenged. But those filthy lizards comming over here and stealing all our finds is kinda pissin a good deal of people off.

Now, I know a couple guys who wouldent mind some help making a message for those bloody monsters. Look for roy a few buildings over. Or if your more into self-profit you can always head out into town and dig around some of tthe ruins. Careful though, some lizards might be out there and they are violent.

Other then that you can check around the tavern. I know a little lady looking for some escot in the boneyard. You could see about helping her.

All the while the man hands you a drink or two each, neglecting to ask for pay as he rambles on.

Helena-

The conversation continues for a solid minute before the man caves in and hands over a small tin box FULL of caps. You could guess no less then 1000 or so. And with that the bruitish trio leaves the compound, each giving you a dirty look as they leave.

Abraham-

Why sir it's only the latest and greatest craze in survival supplies! The aqua Cura brand purified water is just the fix to keep your stomach steady and your nerves steeled!

And as a bonus affect the water actually CURES ghouls! It completely cleanses radiation from your system, and according to some remote test subjects, has the ability to reverse mutations!

So COME ONE COME ALL!! Sample the newest cure ot hit the wastes since the geiger counter! Aqua Cura only 200 caps a bottle!

R.G.B-

The man gives a sly smile, as if this is what he had been waiting for you to say all along.
Im sure we can come to a fair agreement. Hows about a handful of caps, and a very special item from my own person?
As if the man thought you were going to ask again, he continues, removing a peace of thick, folded paper from his jacket pocket.
It's a map, ya'see. To a place called, "The Station". Apparently there is talk of an organization there that's been working on some pretty fancy technologies. Not a bad place to go and take a look around.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-20, 06:38 PM
The man gives a sly smile, as if this is what he had been waiting for you to say all along.
Im sure we can come to a fair agreement. Hows about a handful of caps, and a very special item from my own person?
As if the man thought you were going to ask again, he continues, removing a peace of thick, folded paper from his jacket pocket.
It's a map, ya'see. To a place called, "The Station". Apparently there is talk of an organization there that's been working on some pretty fancy technologies. Not a bad place to go and take a look around.
"That would be wonderful. All I need now is directions on how to get there - a map, if you have one." She looks over at the poker players to see what their stakes currently are.

Arq Kujos
2009-12-20, 06:39 PM
Zachery & Milo-

The man outreaches a filthy palm as he greets you both by name and in turn.

Names Morgon. And yeah, the boneyard is always full of interesting things to do. Now as for a couple scavangers, I think I know the perfect job. Ya' see, those filthy Lizards are always scavanging stuff from the east side of town. Which the police force don't really mind them staying out west, and despite what most people say they are welcome in the taverns and pits, but some of em steal our trash over here.

Now, I know that doesent sound that bad, but it is. This town has existed for easily 2 centuries now since the bombs fell. It hasen't even begun to be fully scavenged. But those filthy lizards comming over here and stealing all our finds is kinda pissin a good deal of people off.

Now, I know a couple guys who wouldent mind some help making a message for those bloody monsters. Look for roy a few buildings over. Or if your more into self-profit you can always head out into town and dig around some of tthe ruins. Careful though, some lizards might be out there and they are violent.

Other then that you can check around the tavern. I know a little lady looking for some escot in the boneyard. You could see about helping her.

All the while the man hands you a drink or two each, neglecting to ask for pay as he rambles on.

"Thank you friend. We'll weigh our options, but rest assured that as long as we are in town, this bar is the bar we will visit." Drinking another glup of Nuka-Cola, Zach turned to Milo. "What do you think? I ain't so keen on shooting 'Claws in no town, but I think we could go find something if we looked. ****, We might be able to find something on the way through while we escort that pretty lady over there. That's my personal favorite." He reached in the back he kept at his waist and pulled out a .45 caliber bullet. "Besides, if we have to kill a few 'Claws on the way, maybe we could go get a 'reward" from that Roy feller." He placed the bullet back in his bag.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-20, 06:49 PM
R.G.B-

The stakes at the table aren't too bad. It seems they are playing with a 10 cap minimum, however the pot currently is pretty nice. Some of the games are seeing 100 caps a hand.

Turning your attention back to the man in the white suit, he seems to have vanished. It's almost spooky how easily he snuck away when you had your head turned only slightly.

Regardless you remember the basic directions he gave you.

~ It's over near the edge of the forest, in the side of a hill.~

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-20, 06:51 PM
The conversation continues for a solid minute before the man caves in and hands over a small tin box FULL of caps. You could guess no less then 1000 or so. And with that the bruitish trio leaves the compound, each giving you a dirty look as they leave.

Helena couldn't fight the nudging feeling she should have acted somewhat differently. The situation surrounding those men, however, seemed a little blurry from her point of view and all those years roaming the Wasteland had taught her that no one's innocent in this wide world. Then again she had a knack for getting into trouble because she happened to get involved in someone else's business. Conscience was always a thing she tried to outrun anyhow, but in the end it always caught up.
With heavy steps, she walked up to the counter and propping one elbow upon the hard surface, looked up at the green-skinned man, sizing him up.
"So what was that all about?"

DMBlackhart
2009-12-20, 09:14 PM
Helena-

Wh-What? oh, that was nothing. Just some men I hired. Boy... That got out of hand.

The man seemed lost in a daze when he replied, but quickly comes to his senses and looks at your pale complexion.

Your looking a little green around the gills aren't ya?... Ahahahahhh.

The man catches the joke only shortly after saying it, and once more continues with the conversation, wiping some dust from the counter.

I-im sorry. Here, take some of this. Just stick this here, and strap that on there.

There, feeling better? So.. How can I help you madam?

The man pulls out a pouch full of orange goop, on the front are the words "RAD-AWAY". He quickly demonstrates how to administer it into your blood stream. With a quick pinch the bag is set, and with some duct tape you keep the bag in place on your arm as the chemicals continue to work.

OoC- The bag is a mix od RAD-X and RAD-AWAY. So for this one day you'll be safe from the radiation effects in the town. Not counting the increadible radiation around the power plant.

alexeduardo
2009-12-20, 09:34 PM
Abraham-

Why sir it's only the latest and greatest craze in survival supplies! The aqua Cura brand purified water is just the fix to keep your stomach steady and your nerves steeled!

And as a bonus affect the water actually CURES ghouls! It completely cleanses radiation from your system, and according to some remote test subjects, has the ability to reverse mutations!

So COME ONE COME ALL!! Sample the newest cure ot hit the wastes since the geiger counter! Aqua Cura only 200 caps a bottle!

200?

To be one of them?
Abraham is resentful of humanity, yet he has always wanted a cure. He was sad science no longer advanced towards him.

Look, pal, I haven't got any money on my person, but I'm good with a rifle. What do you say to me working with you, then maybe taking a sip of two? That way I earn it, and I don't lose my money if it turn to be false.
Abraham doesn't have much to live for, so what the hell.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-20, 09:47 PM
Abraham-

Sir I can assure you this cure is 100% real! You are gaurenteed results or your caps back!

The man leans in closer to you, speaking softer.

I suppose we could come to a deal. I am heading out at night. If you want I can always use the muscle.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-20, 11:13 PM
Blake leans against a nearby wall to watch the game until the players are done, then walks over and says, "hey, you guys mind if I get in on the next game? I don't have any caps on me, so I'd like to propose some, special stakes."

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-21, 07:30 AM
Helena-
Wh-What? oh, that was nothing. Just some men I hired. Boy... That got out of hand.
The man seemed lost in a daze when he replied, but quickly comes to his senses and looks at your pale complexion.
Your looking a little green around the gills aren't ya?... Ahahahahhh.
The man catches the joke only shortly after saying it, and once more continues with the conversation, wiping some dust from the counter.
I-im sorry. Here, take some of this. Just stick this here, and strap that on there.
There, feeling better? So.. How can I help you madam?
The man pulls out a pouch full of orange goop, on the front are the words "RAD-AWAY". He quickly demonstrates how to administer it into your blood stream. With a quick pinch the bag is set, and with some duct tape you keep the bag in place on your arm as the chemicals continue to work.
OoC- The bag is a mix od RAD-X and RAD-AWAY. So for this one day you'll be safe from the radiation effects in the town. Not counting the increadible radiation around the power plant.

Waiting patiently for the magical goo to do its trick, Helena felt the ill effects of radiation slowly washing away from her system, only to be replaced by the aching need for a smoke. Her throat felt dry and she couldn't remember the last time she had one. Dipping in her bag with her free hand, she pulled out a cigarette from its pack and brought it to her lips.
"Do you mind...?" she asked the shop owner, striking a match on the counter and lighting her smoke. She felt the warm, ephoric feeling spreading inside her, cooling her brain enough to think. It was more than obvious the man had things to hide. Her walking into that scene a while ago possibly meant a very awkward outcome for him if the info ended up in the wrong hands. He couldn't be helping her out of the kindness of his heart now, could he? She tried to make a mental image of the trio that threatened him, as detailed as possible.
"Thanks for the meds, I appreciate it. By the way, do you know of anyone who needs a mechanic's skill around town? I'm a devil with a wrench but a little short on caps and chow at the moment."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-21, 01:24 PM
R.G.B-

All the men at the table high you at the same time. A short whistle escapes one of the miners, while the others just scoff or laugh.

The man with the most winnings, a scruffy, well-built adventurer type in leather armor scratches his chin stuble as he thinks over the request.

What kind of stakes, do ya have in mind?

Helena-

O-oh yeah, yeah. I think I know of some jobs. You might wanna ask around town for more detail, b-but here, lemme write down some names quickly.

The man scrambles around his desk and a back room, comming back with a small black book, a pen, and some paper.

L-lets see here. We have ruckus down at the plant, though I dunno if your stomachs up to that. Hmm, theres lee, he might have some use of you... And Gabby, down at the waterin hole. Yeah, that's it I think...

The man hands off a list of 3 names, location names next to each, and a small summery of the job they need done.

Das Note-

Ruckus, Powerplant B2, Needs some help at the plant.
Lee, Chopshop, Might need an extra hand.
Gabby, Watering hole, been trying to patch up an old ham radio.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-21, 02:05 PM
She smiles lightly and pulls up a chair to take seat, leaning in a bit as she speaks, "An exchange of services. I need to go out to the forest to pick some stuff up, and don't like the idea of going alone. You guys look like strong, capable sort, so, anyone who I beat, will help me out. If there's anything worth looting besides the particular items I'm looking for, we can split them. Anyone I lose to, I owe some vaguely equivalent service with the caveat that I do not do it alone - whatever I do for you, should you win, you would have to be accompany me through the task. How does that sound, guys?"

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-21, 02:07 PM
Julius & Vic-

You all make your way to the silver Bullet, apparently the local "Gun Club". Inside you are greeted by a single, asian male with a rather complex electronic collar on.

Sir! Some wastelanders are here to see you!

After which you are let into the rather large stone complex. The club seems to have been stationed in an abandoned warehouse. As you are led in another asian male in a soft-leather trenchcoat, and a rather large rimmed hat steps away from a crowed of about 10 or so other armed humans.

Names mik. And ya'll would be?

The man named mik waves off his "servent?" as he addresses you three.

A Boy and His Dog... and their Friend...

Vic carefully watches as the servant lets them through doors, and makes sure to note each area they pass through in order to get to the servants master. He gazes around the warehouse casually as Blood rambled on about US Presidents in his head, his attention a bit divided as the asian speaks to them.

"Oh... yeah. I'm Vic, this is Jules, and this is my hounddog Blood." He reaches down and ruffles the fur ontop of Blood's head, which only serves to make the dog growl at him, <'I'm a Bearded Collie, Albert.'>

DMBlackhart
2009-12-21, 02:16 PM
R.G.B-

The "leading" player at the table is the first to accept these stakes. However he seems obsessed with scratching the poorly shaven stuble on his chin when he speaks.

Alright, im in. That's the stakes boys, you wanna play in the next hand you gotta anti-up yourself. We'll play with 7-card hands, aces wild. Winner has leadership over the losers for the day.

The man pockets away his winnings and dishes out a new hand to each of you.

OoC- Roll a d10, gotta beat your LUCK score.... Best of "luck" to ya buddy. :p

Vic & Blood & Co.-

You manage to memorise the route around the boxes and barrels, and drums in the warehouse as you were led to the ringleader of this "club".

Good to meet you mister vic. What, may I ask, is your purpose for intruding on private property?

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-21, 02:39 PM
Helena-
O-oh yeah, yeah. I think I know of some jobs. You might wanna ask around town for more detail, b-but here, lemme write down some names quickly.
The man scrambles around his desk and a back room, comming back with a small black book, a pen, and some paper.
L-lets see here. We have ruckus down at the plant, though I dunno if your stomachs up to that. Hmm, theres lee, he might have some use of you... And Gabby, down at the waterin hole. Yeah, that's it I think...
The man hands off a list of 3 names, location names next to each, and a small summery of the job they need done.
Das Note-

Ruckus, Powerplant B2, Needs some help at the plant.
Lee, Chopshop, Might need an extra hand.
Gabby, Watering hole, been trying to patch up an old ham radio.

Helena studies the man in detail, as he walks about the place trying to oblidge her a little more eagerly than is necessary, mumbling and stuttering in the process, but says nothing. Finally, lighting out her smoke in a forgotten ashtray, she takes the small paper from his hand and looks at it, then nods.
"Thanks again. The name's Helena, by the way. What's yours?"

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-21, 02:39 PM
Vic & Blood & Co.-

You manage to memorise the route around the boxes and barrels, and drums in the warehouse as you were led to the ringleader of this "club".

Good to meet you mister vic. What, may I ask, is your purpose for intruding on private property?

A Boy and His Dog... and Their Friend

Vic blinks as he crosses his arms, "Well... we ain't knowin this was a private place. We just heard this was a gun club, figured it would be the local place to look into picking up ammo and stuff."

Blood began walking around, sniffing at various things. Between their link, Blood is directing information about the men and their weapons* to Vic, and looking around the place for various goods and such.

------------

*- Awareness Perk

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-21, 02:43 PM
Blake does her best to win the hand, attempting to distract the other players with her looks. She focuses more attention on the prime player than others.
Rolling against Luck of 5 with a bonus from Black Widow: [roll0]. Best of luck to her.
Upon her victory, she smiles and lays her cards down, "Good game, guys. Hopefully our trip can be enjoyable, and quick. Who's the best at navigating through woods?"

DMBlackhart
2009-12-21, 03:07 PM
Helena-

Th-the names J-jho, er leeroy. Just call me leeroy.

Vic & Julius-

Awareness-

HP: Mik 53, others 35-42. ( 9 other members in the club )

Weapons: Combat Knife, Comp. Hunting Crossbow 20 bolts, .357 Magnum Revolver loaded with 24 extra rounds, Winchester 12-gauge shotgun Loaded w/ 8 more rounds, Colt Hunting Rifle Loaded w/ 20 more rounds, DKS-501 sniper rifle loaded.

This is the silver bullet hunting club. To be sure. But we only allow skilled marksmen in on the action.

R.G.B-

All the men groan at the thought of being bested by a women. Although some chivalry remains. The gruff, lead-player of the group is, yet again, the first to speak.

Well played miss, names falcon, by the way. That'd be me miss. I got a huntin dog that can navigate just bout anywhere in the wastes.

The man stands, putting the cards away and getting his gear and the likes packed and ready. One of the miners seems not entirely keen on going into the dead woods at night, but steels his nerves as he uses a sort of "inhaler". The gas inside is a yellowish color.

purepolarpanzer
2009-12-21, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the delay. Lost the thread and had to find it again.
Milo scratches his head, a bit ashamed of the truth of the situation. He was going to need some capital to get the trading up again. And that meant some less than optimal labor.
You're right, Zach. Not only does going out and looking for a fight with the Death Claws go against my scruples, it hurts my sense of self preservation. If one brings a fight to me, I think I could bring it back, but till then I think we'll stay as neutral as possible to those ones. But escorting a lady... Milo smiles and slicks back his short hair with a hand. That sounds much more in line with my chivalric attitude. After that, maybe we can sign on with some traders. It'll be nice to get a change of scenery, get paid for it, and get back to what I love. I know its not your cup of tea, Zach, but I love the art of the deal. I say we take the lady where she wants to go, we pick up any useful trash we see along the way, and then see where we go from there.
Milo turns back to the bartender. Could you direct me to the lady you mentioned before, sir? Milo takes the Nuka-Cola and sips slowly at it. He liked the stuff, but he heard it was addictive and Zach was all the evidence he needed. He preferred good clean water when he could get it, but that turned out to be rarely in the Wastes. At least Nuka-Cola was sterile, if radioactive. But his socks were radioactive too.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-21, 03:10 PM
"Nice to meet you Falcon. Name's Blake." She reaches out shake his hand, "You're probably better at navigating the wastes than I am, so I suppose it's your call if we go out tonight or in the morning. I've got just under a week to make the trip."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-21, 03:15 PM
Milo & Zach-

Well, to tell ya the truth I dunno where she is right now. I know her name and what she looks like though. The lady goes by the name of Bel. With one L. She generally wears over alls and a doctors labcoat.

Might wanna ask around, sure you can find more on her where-abouts.

R.G.B-

No can do mam. Your in charge, you make the decisions.
The man eyes you over, noticing your lack of experiance with the wastes.
but if I were to make a suggestion, I would say night would be the safest. Yao-guai are deadly in both day and night, but then night gives us a slight advantage when trying to be stealthy.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-21, 03:21 PM
Helena-
Th-the names J-jho, er leeroy. Just call me leeroy.

"Right then...Leeroy", she concludes watching the last drops of the orange concoction get swallowed by her blood stream. Unpatching the wicked thing, she turns to walk towards the door.
"I'll see you later then..." she says, bringing two fingers to her brow in form of goodbye, "...just jot my name down and I'll come by to pay you for the meds before I leave."

Stepping down the crowded street, Helena pauses for just a moment to take a glance at the shop's name and bearings, then directs her gaze to its whereabouts. Lighting another cigarette, she moves on, note in hand, seeking to make her way to the watering hole.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-21, 03:24 PM
"Then we leave as soon as possible. That'd be my preference anyway. You all about ready, guys?" she looks about to gauge the men's reactions to their new situation.
Trying to get a feeling for their individual reactions, basically.

purepolarpanzer
2009-12-21, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the help, sir. Milo turns to Zach. Well, ready when you are, friend. Time to make some caps. I say we find our damsel in distress and see what we can do to help her. If all else fails, we can sign up with a caravan for cut. But I've got a feeling about this lady. Think it's the thing for us. Zach may not have experienced much of it, but he had been told of Milo's stupendous bad luck. That may be enough reason to doubt this "feeling", but Milo gets up, puts on his baseball cap, and turns around to begin asking people if they've seen Bel, with one L, anywhere around.

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-21, 03:32 PM
Vic & Julius-

Awareness-

Weapons: Combat Knife, Comp. Hunting Crossbow 20 bolts, .357 Magnum Revolver loaded with 24 extra rounds, Winchester 12-gauge shotgun Loaded w/ 8 more rounds, Colt Hunting Rifle Loaded w/ 20 more rounds, DKS-501 sniper rifle loaded.

This is the silver bullet hunting club. To be sure. But we only allow skilled marksmen in on the action.

Vic snorts as Blood informs him about the Sniper Rifle, which happen to coincide with when the asian told them about the requirements of the club. He reaches up and pats his rifle, "I'm a crack shot, but that ain't why we're here. Not looking to join no exclusive boysclub or something. Looking to refill ammo and maybe pick up better guns."

Arq Kujos
2009-12-21, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the help, sir. Milo turns to Zach. Well, ready when you are, friend. Time to make some caps. I say we find our damsel in distress and see what we can do to help her. If all else fails, we can sign up with a caravan for cut. But I've got a feeling about this lady. Think it's the thing for us. Zach may not have experienced much of it, but he had been told of Milo's stupendous bad luck. That may be enough reason to doubt this "feeling", but Milo gets up, puts on his baseball cap, and turns around to begin asking people if they've seen Bel, with one L, anywhere around.

"Well, shoot. Now that is the kind of attitude I can get behind. A man has to trust his gut." Zach watched as Milo stood up and started walking. "Wait for me!" he said, chugging down both his and Milo's remaining Nuka-Cola. He tossed two caps on the table to pay for the delicious, fizzy beverage, and headed out after his buddy. He caught Milo a moment later, and cracked both his knuckles. "Milo, my friend, I believe we are going on a great adventure, and if we get lucky, we might even live to tell about it." Zach reached into his bag and pulled out a green bandana and a pair of goggles (that do nothing!) and placed them both on his head, with the bandana around his neck. Zach started asking around to help find this Bel with one L, but most of the looks he got ranged from slight confusion to a smirking grin at Zach's surprisingly Southeren accent.

Wraithkin
2009-12-21, 04:50 PM
Vic & Julius-

Awareness-

Julius stays decidedly quiet, instead busying himself with keeping an eye on their surroundings. Unless he was going to be using a focused beam of light to shoot something, he couldn't really be considered a crack shot. If, however, he was able to get access to a computer, or fix or build something... now that on the other hand was something he was a crack shot at. But Vic knows that. So he stays quiet, and sticks with his looking around.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-21, 06:58 PM
Julius

Julius stays decidedly quiet, instead busying himself with keeping an eye on their surroundings. Unless he was going to be using a focused beam of light to shoot something, he couldn't really be considered a crack shot. If, however, he was able to get access to a computer, or fix or build something... now that on the other hand was something he was a crack shot at. But Vic knows that. So he stays quiet, and sticks with his looking around.

Zach

"Well, shoot. Now that is the kind of attitude I can get behind. A man has to trust his gut." Zach watched as Milo stood up and started walking. "Wait for me!" he said, chugging down both his and Milo's remaining Nuka-Cola. He tossed two caps on the table to pay for the delicious, fizzy beverage, and headed out after his buddy. He caught Milo a moment later, and cracked both his knuckles. "Milo, my friend, I believe we are going on a great adventure, and if we get lucky, we might even live to tell about it." Zach reached into his bag and pulled out a green bandana and a pair of goggles (that do nothing!) and placed them both on his head, with the bandana around his neck. Zach started asking around to help find this Bel with one L, but most of the looks he got ranged from slight confusion to a smirking grin at Zach's surprisingly Southeren accent.

Milo

Vic

Vic snorts as Blood informs him about the Sniper Rifle, which happen to coincide with when the asian told them about the requirements of the club. He reaches up and pats his rifle, "I'm a crack shot, but that ain't why we're here. Not looking to join no exclusive boysclub or something. Looking to refill ammo and maybe pick up better guns."

R.G.B

"Then we leave as soon as possible. That'd be my preference anyway. You all about ready, guys?" she looks about to gauge the men's reactions to their new situation.
Trying to get a feeling for their individual reactions, basically.

Helena

"Right then...Leeroy", she concludes watching the last drops of the orange concoction get swallowed by her blood stream. Unpatching the wicked thing, she turns to walk towards the door.
"I'll see you later then..." she says, bringing two fingers to her brow in form of goodbye, "...just jot my name down and I'll come by to pay you for the meds before I leave."

Stepping down the crowded street, Helena pauses for just a moment to take a glance at the shop's name and bearings, then directs her gaze to its whereabouts. Lighting another cigarette, she moves on, note in hand, seeking to make her way to the watering hole.

Helena-

The "watering hole" is probably the only bar in this entire town. Amazingly enough there is little smoke in the room, unlike most bars. However you see that most of the materials like the tables, stools, chairs, and counters are made of metal. This is possibly due to the rather brutish clientel.

As you enter you see the general bar seen, people chatting, others arguing, some gambling, and still others quietly enjoying their food. The sting of radiation that surronds the town is less thick this far away from the plant, but there is still a slight tickle in the air.

Behind the counter you find a rather slim african-female in a metal plated tanktop and skirt. This women is possibly gabby, as she can clearly be seen trying to manipulate the workings of a very large, very old looking ham radio system.

R.G.B-

Each man in turn gives a cough or grunt as you look over them. The only experianced one in this group is falcon. The others include 2 miners, one of which seems increadibly high, that is probably attributed to the jet he inhales every couple minutes. The other miner is older, but much more focused, he seems almost as steady as falcon. The last of the group is a young man, no older then 20. He is obviously worried where this job will take you all, but tries not to give into fear.

Milo & Zach-

You wander the L.A.Boneyard. Keeping your wits about you, you stay within the borders of the "populated" areas. However the task of finding this women is an extensive one. It's not until nightfall when you finally have a lead. A young boy, no older then 9 manages to tell you where she is.

Yeah, she usually runs off north east, into the big buildings. I ask her what she is doing out there, but she is pretty secrative about it. Oh.. also she brings food when she goes out there.

Although the exact route is unclear, the boy gave you a generalised direction. Your sure with a little scouting you could locate her. But which building has miss bel gone to? And is it safe?

Vic & Julius-

Ah, now see that is interesting. Guns, we have. But not for you. Only members can buy our wares. So I can't help you. Now if your in the trading buissness I might be willing to sell my servent here, if you have the caps.

The man is obviously mocking you at this point, and he turns around to head back to his group, the servent from before comming to your side to lead you out.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-21, 07:56 PM
The "watering hole" is probably the only bar in this entire town. Amazingly enough there is little smoke in the room, unlike most bars. However you see that most of the materials like the tables, stools, chairs, and counters are made of metal. This is possibly due to the rather brutish clientel.
As you enter you see the general bar seen, people chatting, others arguing, some gambling, and still others quietly enjoying their food. The sting of radiation that surronds the town is less thick this far away from the plant, but there is still a slight tickle in the air.
Behind the counter you find a rather slim african-female in a metal plated tanktop and skirt. This women is possibly gabby, as she can clearly be seen trying to manipulate the workings of a very large, very old looking ham radio system.

Helena steped cautiously into the bar, feeling decidedly better after that Rad-Away fix and a couple of smokes, but the subtle veil of radiation around them was still enough to sting her eyelids and nostrils.
Taking a look around, her attention was caught by the metal furniture and a bitter smile formed on her lips. It seemed so long ago that her brothers, being a little rough around the edges and all, would thrash around their home engaged in some fight and breaking stuff in the process, stuff she usually took to fixing afterwards, just for fun.
Rubbing her eye a bit, she walked towards the counter and stood casually, hoping to catch the woman's attention.
"Excuse me, ma'am. I'm looking for Gabby? I was told they had some work for a mechanic."

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-21, 08:45 PM
Blake smiles at them and thanks them for the help before heading off towards the forest. She keeps an eye out for anything particularly interesting to take note of, and tries to remain close to Falcon. "We're heading out near the edge of the forest, to a cabin in the side of a hill."
Perception 1d10+2. Also, she tries to assist Falcon in the Outdoorsman check.
During the trek, she assists Falcon any way she can and listens in on anything the other men are saying to each other.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-21, 09:08 PM
perception [roll0] against my perception-2, I think that makes the DC 5.

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-21, 09:49 PM
Vic & Julius-

Ah, now see that is interesting. Guns, we have. But not for you. Only members can buy our wares. So I can't help you. Now if your in the trading buissness I might be willing to sell my servent here, if you have the caps.

The man is obviously mocking you at this point, and he turns around to head back to his group, the servent from before comming to your side to lead you out.

Vic instantly becomes offender, "What? You lousy crow-" He's instantly cut off as inside of his head Blood speaks up, <Albert, I don't believe this is your wisest of decisions. There are many of them, and they are very well armed.> Vic throws a glance at the assortment of men and spits on the floor before turning around and storming past the servant to get back out. Blood follows after him.

"Let's go Jules... place stinks." As soon as they get outside, Vic kicks at the dirt, cursing up a storm. He hated people... almost all of them. Walking a bit aways from the building and anybody else with Jules he looks over at the man, "Alright... so. Here's what I think. Later tonight, we sneak in. Slit their throats, take the stuff, move on. Watcha think?"

alexeduardo
2009-12-21, 10:10 PM
Abraham-

Sir I can assure you this cure is 100% real! You are gaurenteed results or your caps back!

The man leans in closer to you, speaking softer.

I suppose we could come to a deal. I am heading out at night. If you want I can always use the muscle.

Very well then, I escort you for one trip, and i get a sip. Deal?

DMBlackhart
2009-12-21, 10:34 PM
Abraham-

The man ponders the offer over for a minute, handling sales at the same time.
You've got yourself a deal. He will be leaving later tonight, come to the edge of town.
The sales and fanfare continue as you and the man make your deal. The hype is keeping the crowed hungry for more and more.

R.G.B-

The chilling night air pinches your flesh as you head into the dead forests. Each and every tree, shrub, and flower is either wilted, or bare. The wastelands are almost entirely silent, except for the occasional whimper from your team, or the howel of what would be thought to be a bear.

The Yao-Guai, they are out hunting, tred lightly.

Falcons warning is heard by the group, but it does not seem to settle any of them.

Keep close, the beats will not harm me. If you do no provoke them, they should remain at bay.

During the treck through the dead forests you see a number of interesting finds. An old jeep with a family of pigrats nesting in the bed; some strange foliage, the roots of which glow green from the touch of radiation; and the most intriguing find, a yao-guai bent low in the brush.

It's unsettling how something so large managed to hide in an almsot entirely bare landscape, but there it was, maybe 5 meters off, crouched low. Falcon seemed to have noticed this and continued walking on, the others, however, were either oblivious, or tried there best to hold back the fear.

After about an hour you come to the far western landscape, roughly a mile or so outside redding. At the edge of a broken cliff lies a stunning cheatu. If the building hadent been decayed from the years of dis-use, it'd have been magnificant. The only element that causes you stress is the cliff itself. It is loose, and constantly crumbling away. Your not sure how long this building would last with people roaming around inside it.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-21, 10:48 PM
"Wow... umm, okay... You guys, stay out here. I've got a feeling we shouldn't all go in together, this place doesn't exactly look stable. Falcon, let's just you and I go in, 'kay?" She gazes over at the decrepit building and steels herself for the coming excursion. Once they start walking she says, "Keep an eye out for anything for taking."

Arq Kujos
2009-12-21, 10:51 PM
Milo & Zach-

You wander the L.A.Boneyard. Keeping your wits about you, you stay within the borders of the "populated" areas. However the task of finding this women is an extensive one. It's not until nightfall when you finally have a lead. A young boy, no older then 9 manages to tell you where she is.

Yeah, she usually runs off north east, into the big buildings. I ask her what she is doing out there, but she is pretty secrative about it. Oh.. also she brings food when she goes out there.

Although the exact route is unclear, the boy gave you a generalised direction. Your sure with a little scouting you could locate her. But which building has miss bel gone to? And is it safe?

*Whistles* That is one unfriendly looking place if I ever saw one. Mama always said not to go knocking on doors you ain't sure of, and this place takes the cake." Zach pulled out his .45 and checked the clip before pulling the slide back, cocking a round into position. "God only knows how much I'd love to not need this, but I've yet to meet a man that lucky. Though, I've not met a lot of men as it is, so maybe there is hope after all." Zach chuckled a bit at his joke before carefully sliding his pistol into his holster. He had 4 spare clips in bag, along with some extra rounds for his shotgun and rifle. I tell you what, I'll take my shotty in with me, and leave Betsy with you. If I call, or come running out, you shoot whatever follows me. This way, I can sneak on it, take a look around, maybe grab whatever ain't nailed down, and then get the hell out of there." Without waiting for his partner to respond, Zach shoved "Betsy", his M-17 Carbine, into Milo's hands and moved towards the first building. Walking carefully to avoid traps, Zach will enter the first building.

Do I need to roll perception to look for/avoid traps?

Arq Kujos
2009-12-21, 11:23 PM
Perception equals 9, and minus 3 for penalties, means I need to beat 6.

[roll0]

Also, didn't you say you would roll stealth in secret in the OOC Thread?
My skill in that is only 23

EDIT: YES! No death by landmines for me today!

purepolarpanzer
2009-12-22, 12:05 AM
Milo stutters a bit, about to protest that he has his shotgun, and that he could come help, but his words don't move faster then Zach. Checking the mag on the carbine, he hunkers down to a semi-comfortable, stable position and waits, listening and watching for anything.
Damn it Zach, there are other ways to do these things...

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 12:27 AM
Milo & Zach-

The building you venture to is possibly the smallest of the group in this district of the boneyard. However the wind that rages through the frozen night air not only manages to frees your snot; but as gusts of air push through the cracks and gaps in the building, your distracted by ominous sounds.

Is it the howling of some terrible beast..... or just your imagination.

As the caffene rushes through zachs system, he contineus deeper. The journy, although tense, seemed a bit easy. This is, of course, until you come to a bloodsoaked, utterly ruined hallway. The begining of which lies a skeletal corpse, at the end, two beastly eyes stare you down.

You see it, it's one of them. The deathclaw, the filthy, blood thirsty monsters stares you down, hiding in the shadows, ready to pounce.

R.G.B-

For once in a great while the brave and rugged falcon seems shakened. However he quickly steadys himself, his gun in hand.

Naw mam. I have to stay behind and keep the area clear of the yao-guai.

Arq Kujos
2009-12-22, 12:39 AM
Milo & Zach-

The building you venture to is possibly the smallest of the group in this district of the boneyard. However the wind that rages through the frozen night air not only manages to frees your snot; but as gusts of air push through the cracks and gaps in the building, your distracted by ominous sounds.

Is it the howling of some terrible beast..... or just your imagination.

As the caffene rushes through zachs system, he contineus deeper. The journy, although tense, seemed a bit easy. This is, of course, until you come to a bloodsoaked, utterly ruined hallway. The begining of which lies a skeletal corpse, at the end, two beastly eyes stare you down.

You see it, it's one of them. The deathclaw, the filthy, blood thirsty monsters stares you down, hiding in the shadows, ready to pounce.

When Zach saw the Deathclaw, only one thing went through his mind. I am going to die. Then, a combination of caffeine, adrenaline, more caffeine, and survival instincts took over. Without thinking, Zach turned and ran for all his might. "F**K F**K F**K!" could be heard throughout the entire building as Zach put the speed he was known for to good use. As he ran, Zach thought up a plan. He was good at thinking on his feet. If he could lead the beast back to the opening, Milo would be there, ready to help him. Next time, he was taking Milo. To hell with this sneaking in the dark business.

Forget the shooting, lets just GTFO.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 12:48 AM
Milo& Zach-

Apon seeing the shadow of the horrif beast, you turn tail and stick to your motto of survival. You find yourself taking LONGER to navigate a way out of the building then it took getting this far in. When your heart is pumping, your adrenaline rushing, and your senses swirling you rarely have time to keep track of direction.

Too soon do you find yourself heading into a random doorway. What you thought to be the exit happened to only be a stairwell leading into darkness.

Gravity plays it's role against you, forcing you to tumble down, and smacking your head against a solid surface ahead.

The room is far to dark to see anything, but what you can tell is the ground is thick with a sticky fluid. The room is foul with the smell of death.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-22, 01:37 AM
Blake smiles a bit wider and wraps her brass knuckles around her fist, "Haha, bit scared?" She approaches the place steadily and swings the door open and tries to enter quietly, keeping an eye out to examine the place carefully.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 01:49 AM
R.G.B-

Falcon gives a slight scoff at your comment before you head in. The cheatu is worse looking inside. Moonlight pours through every crack, as does wind and dust.

The building is pretty extensive, with over a dozen rooms to explore.

Cheatu Le Oh S***

1. Ground floor
Meeting Hall
Parlor
Bedrooms 3
Kitchen
Supply rooms
Recreational Room

2. Basement- locked
???
???
???

3. Second story
bedrooms 3
bathrooms 3
Study
Locked Room

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-22, 01:53 AM
She wanders through the first room, looking around for any items that might provide light or otherwise be even remotely useful, including anything vageuly resembling a pole. Like a long stick. If she finds one, she uses to open any cupboards, drawers, or other open-able things in the room. If not, she uses her foot, and is ready to punch anything that moves too quickly.

Wraithkin
2009-12-22, 07:50 AM
Blah blah sneak in blah blah kill them and steal their crap. :smallamused:

"That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking." He looks over at his friend and smirks mischievously.

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-22, 10:55 AM

Vic nods as he looks around, "Let's stake the place out then. Blood can hang out nearest so his nose can track 'em all down. That way we ain't goin' in with our shorts around our ankles." Blood looks away, <'How very colorful of you, Albert.'>

Vic moves off from Jules to take up a hidden perch a bit aways from the warehouse so he can monitor it and all, but keep an eye on Blood who will move over behind it and lay down in the shade while keeping track of the goings on inside. Vic will move around throughout the day to get better vantage points, and not look like he's just watching the building exclusively. This will go on until nightfall when he'll meet back up with Jules to discuss what he observed.

-------

[roll0] (Target: 36)

Wraithkin
2009-12-22, 11:39 AM
"That would be decidedly unpleasant, to say the least." He nods, and then wanders off, occasionally peeking at the building as he frequents the rest of the town's interior.

[roll0]

Holy craptacular roll batman.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 01:33 PM
OoC- ( Im going to post it here so I can make sure all the players see it.
Stealth, Luck, And creating traps {can't recall the exact skill for that.} are rolled in private by the DM. This is only because results for those checks shouldent really be known to the players. Sure you can have a high chance at success at stealth, but you'll never really know if you were sneakier then the guys watching you. )

(Yeah... Epic fail. Wow. )

Vic & Julius-

You spend the day staking out the warehouse. Unfortunately you weren't able to find too many vantage points. This leads to an unfortunate lak of information.

Another worrisome element is the amount of noise you both made. Julius believed he had caught the attention of one of the men during your escapades. Striking now may be harder, the men are sure to be on the alert.
OoC-( is night for you three now)

R.G.B-

The entrance hall has a set of double stairs leading off to the second floor. It also holds about 4 seperate closest throughout the room. Finally it seems this room connects to every other room on this floor of the cheatu.

You do manage to find a piece of broken wood. It seems to be from a near-by support beam, which hardly helps to settle your nerves. This room of the cheatu is remotely empty. You find a few items of possible note and worth.

Loots-

1. Book- Eye of the Tiger (+1% to Unarmed)
2. Pre-war casual wear (freash off the corpse) (2)
3. Small Energy Cells (3)
4. 1,328 Pre-war currency (U.S. $)

Helena-

Helena steped cautiously into the bar, feeling decidedly better after that Rad-Away fix and a couple of smokes, but the subtle veil of radiation around them was still enough to sting her eyelids and nostrils.
Taking a look around, her attention was caught by the metal furniture and a bitter smile formed on her lips. It seemed so long ago that her brothers, being a little rough around the edges and all, would thrash around their home engaged in some fight and breaking stuff in the process, stuff she usually took to fixing afterwards, just for fun.
Rubbing her eye a bit, she walked towards the counter and stood casually, hoping to catch the woman's attention.
"Excuse me, ma'am. I'm looking for Gabby? I was told they had some work for a mechanic."

The women turns on you, absentmindedly dropping the tools in her hand. After the initial disruption has settled, the women returns to working on the radio as she speaks to you.

That'd be me. What'r you? Some kinda mechanic?

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 01:58 PM
The women turns on you, absentmindedly dropping the tools in her hand. After the initial disruption has settled, the women returns to working on the radio as she speaks to you.
That'd be me. What'r you? Some kinda mechanic?

"Yeah sorta, more like a repairman eh...so to speak. So, is that the troublesome radio? Looks like a piece of work. What you offering if I fix it?"

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 02:05 PM
Helena-

The women laughs when you mention fixing it.
Wow, that's a good one honey. I have been at this for about 2 years now. It's pretty much working as is. I just need a new fuse. And no trader in the entire bloody wastes seems to have one.

But, if you were able to fix this hunk of junk, im sure I could part with something. I have some caps saved up, if you prefer money. Or, if you want I have some other junk I can show you.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 02:34 PM
Helena-
The women laughs when you mention fixing it.
Wow, that's a good one honey. I have been at this for about 2 years now. It's pretty much working as is. I just need a new fuse. And no trader in the entire bloody wastes seems to have one.

But, if you were able to fix this hunk of junk, im sure I could part with something. I have some caps saved up, if you prefer money. Or, if you want I have some other junk I can show you.

"A fuse? Maybe I could fix the old one if you found me some wire pins, say from a brush or something..." Helena mumbles, almost to herself.
Circling the bar, she gets behind the counter, nearing Gabby and her radio. Letting her bag on the floor, Helena crouches above it and pulls out a worn-out metal toolbox, full of bumps, scratches and rusty spots. The old thing squeaks in complaint as she opens it and shuffles its contents.
"All right, let's see what we can do for this baby. Then we talk payment." she says to Gabby, pulling out a cigarette from her belt "In the meantime, can you fetch me an ashtray?"

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 02:53 PM
(Sorry for double post, only way to make the roll work)

With a lit cigarette hanging from her lips, Helena approaches her patient, screwdriver in hand.

[roll0] vs. Repair 41% YES!

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 03:41 PM
Helena-

Here ya are darlin. Gabby hands you an ashtray as you work.

The job takes a good hour or so, but at last you manage to rig a makeshift fuse out of the older parts, and some on-hand materials.

Your not entirely sure how long it will last, but thats no different then anything else in the wastes.

The moment the radio is working again gabby retrieves it from you, and places it in a back room, motioning for you to follow.

On a desk in the room lies a good deal of "junk", each piece more unique ten the last. Gabby clears some space to place the radio, and begins manipulating the knobs and dials.

Take your pick, if you prefer caps, then we can talk price.

Junk-

1. Ruined Pip-boy with a bold yellow painted letter 6 on the front.
2. A set of important robotics parts (1 robobrain, combat inhibitor, program chip, large energy cell)
3. 3 stealth boys
4. 5 electronic lockpicks

OoC- ( pick any one of those. Obviousl feel free to try to manipulate her for MORE, fair warning that CAN backfire)

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 04:24 PM
Helena-

Here ya are darlin. Gabby hands you an ashtray as you work.

The job takes a good hour or so, but at last you manage to rig a makeshift fuse out of the older parts, and some on-hand materials.

Your not entirely sure how long it will last, but thats no different then anything else in the wastes.

The moment the radio is working again gabby retrieves it from you, and places it in a back room, motioning for you to follow.

On a desk in the room lies a good deal of "junk", each piece more unique ten the last. Gabby clears some space to place the radio, and begins manipulating the knobs and dials.

Take your pick, if you prefer caps, then we can talk price.

Junk-

1. Ruined Pip-boy with a bold yellow painted letter 6 on the front.
2. A set of important robotics parts (1 robobrain, combat inhibitor, program chip, large energy cell)
3. 3 stealth boys
4. 5 electronic lockpicks

OoC- ( pick any one of those. Obviousl feel free to try to manipulate her for MORE, fair warning that CAN backfire)

(What was the name of "Leeroy's" place again? I want to fish out some info about the guy.)

Helena gawks at the impressive collection of Gabby's "junk", but her attention is positively drawn by the Pip-boy. Vault stuff rarely made their appearance in merchant inventories around the Wasteland, but she had happened to some of them, mostly uniforms and water canteens. A Pip-boy though; she'd only seen one of those in Vault Tech manuals.
A yellow 6...that must be the number of the Vault this puppy came from, Helena thought but she never actually raised her hand to pick it up.
"You know, Gabby, the fuse is bound to get fried sooner or later and I might not be around to fix it again. So what do you say I teach you how to work the thing and make new fuses and you just let me pick two stuff instead of one? Think about it, you won't have to worry about the damn thing anymore."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 04:30 PM
Helena-

Mm, I guess so. Or you could just owe me a debt next time your in town.

Just as gabby says this she has the radio tuned once more. Sounds of a radiobroadcast are heard over the system. A radiostation named "GNR Studios" is constantly playing pre-war music, only every few minutes is it interrupted by a man called "Three Dog" with words of wisdom to the "survivalist to be".

OoC- Next time if the situation calls for something outside of what a person would normally accept/ allow I need a speech check ok? As for Lee, it's just Lee, and he is at the "chop shop". Probably some kind of junkshop. *shrugs*

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 04:51 PM
Helena-

Mm, I guess so. Or you could just owe me a debt next time your in town.

Just as gabby says this she has the radio tuned once more. Sounds of a radiobroadcast are heard over the system. A radiostation named "GNR Studios" is constantly playing pre-war music, only every few minutes is it interrupted by a man called "Three Dog" with words of wisdom to the "survivalist to be".

OoC- Next time if the situation calls for something outside of what a person would normally accept/ allow I need a speech check ok? As for Lee, it's just Lee, and he is at the "chop shop". Probably some kind of junkshop. *shrugs*

"No, it's ok. I'd rather show you the tricks right now, it won't take long. Besides, I don't like leaving debts behind me, it's bad luck..." Helena answers after a while, her words almost interrupted by Three Dog's familiar, sloppy tone.

OoC: Was it outside her line of thought? Because I didn't try to persuade her, I just suggested it like a sort of trade (I teach you, you pay me something extra for it). Generally, do I roll a speech check when I ask for info? Also, I didn't refer to the "Chopshop" owner, but the green-skinned guy who gave me the Rad-Away? What was the name of his shop, I think I checked it out.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 05:02 PM
"No, it's ok. I'd rather show you the tricks right now, it won't take long. Besides, I don't like leaving debts behind me, it's bad luck..." Helena answers after a while, her words almost interrupted by Three Dog's familiar, sloppy tone.

OoC: Was it outside her line of thought? Because I didn't try to persuade her, I just suggested it like a sort of trade (I teach you, you pay me something extra for it). Generally, do I roll a speech check when I ask for info? Also, I didn't refer to the "Chopshop" owner, but the green-skinned guy who gave me the Rad-Away? What was the name of his shop, I think I checked it out.

Helena-

Well, im not so good with tools. But I guess you can give me some tips. But if I run into any problems I will be sure to hunt you down personally.

Your not entirely sure if she was joking or not, her tone seemed friendly enough.

OoC- Ah, sorry, very similar names I guess. Erm, I dident actually stop to think of a name, but lets say "---- Mart". The sign is worn, so only half of it was legible at the time.

As for speech checks, only when your trying to manipulate someone outside of their "comfort level". So, if you want someone to risk their life, or give you MORE then what they offer, or to give you information they wouldent divulge normally, then a speech check is needed.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 05:50 PM
Helena-

Well, im not so good with tools. But I guess you can give me some tips. But if I run into any problems I will be sure to hunt you down personally.

Your not entirely sure if she was joking or not, her tone seemed friendly enough.

OoC- Ah, sorry, very similar names I guess. Erm, I dident actually stop to think of a name, but lets say "---- Mart". The sign is worn, so only half of it was legible at the time.

As for speech checks, only when your trying to manipulate someone outside of their "comfort level". So, if you want someone to risk their life, or give you MORE then what they offer, or to give you information they wouldent divulge normally, then a speech check is needed.

Helena takes a distant look, while a hopeless smile creeps up her lips.
"If I wanted to be found that easily, Gabby, I wouldn't be roaming the Wastes, now would I? Anyway, you know how the saying goes, teach a man how to fish..." her voice trails off, as she searches the mess for materials to construct some back-up fuses.
Perception [roll0] vs. 8
"My name's Helena, by the way. Oh, do you know who gave me your name and suggested I drop by? That fellow who runs the general store in town, a few blocks from here. He your friend?"
[roll1] vs. Speech 17%
OoC: I think I get it now. Anyway, if I make a mistake, don't proceed just stall the whole thing and ask me to roll ok?

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 07:47 PM
Helena-

Hmm, I hear ya. Yeah, I know em. Ol' jhonny right? Oops, I meen, erm.. lee..lee... umm leeron or whatever it is he wanted me to call him. Your not a collector are you? or one of them regulators? He has had trouble with debts before.

Gabby seems completely oblivious to the things she is telling you, continuing to ramble about "leeroys" debts.

On the workbench you find some of the parts to make a few spare fuses, enough to keep the system running for a couple months at least.

OoC- The speech wasent really needed, your question to her wasen't really something anyone would keep secret. If she WOULD have kept it secret in some subtle way, THEN you would need a speech check. The information above I dident provide becuase of your check, mostly because the NPC is a general gossip.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 08:01 PM
Helena-

Hmm, I hear ya. Yeah, I know em. Ol' jhonny right? Oops, I meen, erm.. lee..lee... umm leeron or whatever it is he wanted me to call him. Your not a collector are you? or one of them regulators? He has had trouble with debts before.

Gabby seems completely oblivious to the things she is telling you, continuing to ramble about "leeroys" debts.

On the workbench you find some of the parts to make a few spare fuses, enough to keep the system running for a couple months at least.

OoC- The speech wasent really needed, your question to her wasen't really something anyone would keep secret. If she WOULD have kept it secret in some subtle way, THEN you would need a speech check. The information above I dident provide becuase of your check, mostly because the NPC is a general gossip.

Helena approaches Gabby and looking over her shoulder to see if anyone watches, she continues in a low voice.
"Look, I just came into town a few hours ago. I would really appreciate any information at all, you know things to look out for. What's all this about collectors and regulators? What's going on here? And why're you all so scared?"

Darn! Alright, I ask first and if they try to hide something, I use speech if I want, right?
Anyway, my Perception is 8, I just corrected it above. I thought we only mentioned this for skills!

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 08:04 PM
Helena-

W-well. I really shouldent.... But, you did do me a favor... Alright what do you wanna know?

OoC-Yes and no, just use common sense. If your trying to uncover something that you KNOW people wouldent readily speak of, go ahead and roll it, if your trying to gain, or lie, or manipulate people in some way that is out of the normal, roll, OR if you just want to roll it cause your not sure on the situation, go ahead, and I wont count it at all if it isent nescessary.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 08:16 PM
Helena-

W-well. I really shouldent.... But, you did do me a favor... Alright what do you wanna know?

OoC-Yes and no, just use common sense. If your trying to uncover something that you KNOW people wouldent readily speak of, go ahead and roll it, if your trying to gain, or lie, or manipulate people in some way that is out of the normal, roll, OR if you just want to roll it cause your not sure on the situation, go ahead, and I wont count it at all if it isent nescessary.

She takes a seat on the table, letting one foot dangle in mid-air nervously, while lighting yet another cigarette she pulled out of her utility belt.
"Well, for starters, what are those collectors you mentioned? And the regulators, they some sort of police force? I thought the Hillz had a decent enough Sheriff. And why'd you have to run in here to listen to 3-Dog?"

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 08:24 PM
Helena-

Gabby looks about nervously as you ask your questions. Before she replies she shuts the door tight, making sure it's securly locked.

Ah-alright, but I can't tell you too much. I don't wanna be in as much trouble as jhonny.

Well, you see jhonny, thats his real name, but he comes up with weirder ones when he has unpaid debts; Jhonny is the sort to have a bad gamblin habit. And.. well, he aint too good at it ya'see. So he constantly has unpaid debts.

Now, the regulators, I really can't say much about. Not because I don't wanna, but because I don't know too much. Alls I know is they used to be the police force of some town out west. Ever since the enclave were disbanded they had become more of freelancing mercenaries. However their price is pretty steep, I don't know many wastelanders who can hire them, or outwit them for that matter. That's what jhonny's good at, he is smart.

I diden't really run. I just don't want none of the customers in here shoutin at me to turn it off. That's how it got broke last time. Some hot headed mutant grabbed a human he was upset with, and tossed him into the wall. That knocked my radio over, and killed the poor bastard.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-22, 08:37 PM
Helena-

Gabby looks about nervously as you ask your questions. Before she replies she shuts the door tight, making sure it's securly locked.

Ah-alright, but I can't tell you too much. I don't wanna be in as much trouble as jhonny.

Well, you see jhonny, thats his real name, but he comes up with weirder ones when he has unpaid debts; Jhonny is the sort to have a bad gamblin habit. And.. well, he aint too good at it ya'see. So he constantly has unpaid debts.

Now, the regulators, I really can't say much about. Not because I don't wanna, but because I don't know too much. Alls I know is they used to be the police force of some town out west. Ever since the enclave were disbanded they had become more of freelancing mercenaries. However their price is pretty steep, I don't know many wastelanders who can hire them, or outwit them for that matter. That's what jhonny's good at, he is smart.

I diden't really run. I just don't want none of the customers in here shoutin at me to turn it off. That's how it got broke last time. Some hot headed mutant grabbed a human he was upset with, and tossed him into the wall. That knocked my radio over, and killed the poor bastard.

Well, nothing new about that last story. People got killed for all the wrong reasons all the time, in this world. Helena pinched her bottom lip, as if to get rid of some sharp metal chipping or other, her mind working frantically.
Well if Jhonny paid some thugs, or even worse some regulators to get rid of some of his debtors, then he really is deep into the s**t pit..., she thought.
"Alright, what about the collectors then? Who're these guys? Scavengers?"

alexeduardo
2009-12-22, 09:08 PM
Abraham-

The man ponders the offer over for a minute, handling sales at the same time.
You've got yourself a deal. He will be leaving later tonight, come to the edge of town.
The sales and fanfare continue as you and the man make your deal. The hype is keeping the crowed hungry for more and more.

Abraham agrees to this deal. He leaves the crowd and starts looking for an inn to spend the night.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-22, 09:12 PM
Helena-

You'll really have to ask him more, and please, don't mention me. He kinda trusts me.

Abraham-

not more then a few yards away you find an INN among the makeshift shelters. The INN isent very clean, as is to be expected, but it should do fine for a nights rest.

Inside the Inn you find a number of interesting faces. The first that catces your eyes are 2 very tall, very well armed humans. The men have pristine metallic armor on, and are armed to the tooth.

Among the other patrons you find the usual gamblers, story tellers, drunks, and freaks. While your checking the place out a purple-dressed Hispanic male comes to you with a clipboard in hand.

Would you care for something to eat? Or possibly a bed for the evening?

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 12:17 AM
Blake cautiously picks up the stuff and folds up the clothes before laying them down right outside the door to the place. The rest, she pockets. After that, she heads into the kitchen slowly, peeking in first before heading into the room.

1. Ground floor
Meeting Hall (found unarmed book, 2 pre-war casual wear, 3 small energy cells, 1328 dollars - boring room)
Parlor
Bedrooms 3
Kitchen
Supply rooms
Recreational Room

2. Basement- locked
???
???
???

3. Second story
bedrooms 3
bathrooms 3
Study
Locked Room

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 12:41 AM
R.G.B-

Each wooden panel creaks as you move around the entrance hall. After moments of careful movements you come to the kitchens entrance.

At first sight and sound you find nothing of note in the kitchen. At least, it looks safe enough. However a putrid smell is comming from somewhere nearby. A trail of blood comes from a closed refrigerator.

The only other things to note are the skeletons in the room. 2 of them, both look to be very old, pre-war victems no doubt.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 12:58 AM
Blake slowly opens the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen, looking into them as long as it would not make it harder for her to defend herself. Again looking for any sort of loot, specifically a sharp object and something with which to strap it to her fist.

Perception [roll0] vs. 7. Stealth vs. 19%.

Arq Kujos
2009-12-23, 01:01 AM
Milo& Zach-

Apon seeing the shadow of the horrif beast, you turn tail and stick to your motto of survival. You find yourself taking LONGER to navigate a way out of the building then it took getting this far in. When your heart is pumping, your adrenaline rushing, and your senses swirling you rarely have time to keep track of direction.

Too soon do you find yourself heading into a random doorway. What you thought to be the exit happened to only be a stairwell leading into darkness.

Gravity plays it's role against you, forcing you to tumble down, and smacking your head against a solid surface ahead.

The room is far to dark to see anything, but what you can tell is the ground is thick with a sticky fluid. The room is foul with the smell of death.

"Oh sweet God, I hope there aren't more of them." As he felt around on the floor, Zach instantly knew what this was. "Son of a bitch." he said under his breath as he pulled out his lighter. Flicking it once, he tried to use it to illuminate the room.

OOC: What do I see?

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 01:15 AM
R.G.B-

The moonlight from the holes in the roof illuminate your vision, making your search possible.

Throughout the entire kitchen you find the usual things, spoons, knives, non-parishable foods and the like. You search every cabinat, and every drawer for something of use; all the while remembering to look for that "item" the man told you of.

However it seems there is little of use in this room beyond kitchen wear.
You check through one more cabinat before you begin to grow hopeless of this room. The rustling of which unfortunately masks the soft slapping of rough, bare feet against stone. Before you know it you hear the ominous breathing of something foul behind you, something... living.

OoC-

loots-

Non-perishables
Water
56 caps.

Just as well, list your sequence, cause combat is about to go down hardcore yo. :p)

The breathing increases as a fell howl escapes the bipedal creatures lips. With that it digs it's teeth into your right arm, biting down hard. Turning to see your foe, your reflexes reacting lightning fast, you see it as a feral ghoul. The disgusting, mottled skin of the feral is the source of the grotesque stench.

OoC- 2 damage, and -5% to your armors condition

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 01:21 AM
Sequence is 14.
Blake grits her teeth and spins around at the rotten creature, pushing her arm back against its mouth to make it harder to bite down, trying to press its mouth open enough for her to pull away from it. To help in prying her arm out, she starts punching at the thing and snarling at it.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 01:24 AM
"Oh sweet God, I hope there aren't more of them." As he felt around on the floor, Zach instantly knew what this was. "Son of a bitch." he said under his breath as he pulled out his lighter. Flicking it once, he tried to use it to illuminate the room.

OOC: What do I see?

Milo& Zach-

You struggle around for your lightr, comming to your feet. Just as you find your lighter, the room is filled with a dim light.

Inside the room you see MANY things that just plain and straight " Freak you the F*** out".

You see a refrigerator with a trail of blood comming from it. The blood ends in pools on the floor. Off to another end of the very small room is a workbench with alot of "meat" on it. According to the flesh, and structure of the body parts, it's clear they are human.

And finally, you see a beautiful women in a daisy patterned formal dress with a white, blood soaked labcoat on. The women has an eery smile, like an insane person would have. in her rleft hand is a meat-cleaver.

The women shakily approaches you, the cleaver raised.

I-i-im so sorry... but h-he's sick...

R.G.B-

Your punches do nothing to the monster but aggitate it. It bites down harder, it's arms clawing at your face. It snarls the entire while.

However the conflict causes the entire house to shake slightly. An overhanging pot comes loose, beating the monster on it's head. The creature is now a few feet away, rubbing it's head from the pain.

OoC- ( it critically failed)

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 01:44 AM
Hah! The house fights with me! Come, my inanimate allies, DESTROY THIS FIEND WITH ME!!!

Blake ignores her thoughts and punches at thing's chest, then head.

targeted shots. Unarmed skill is 35%, making one shot to the head for -20.

Chest [roll0]
Head [roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 01:50 AM
R.G.B-

You strike the ghoul exceptionally hard in it's already bruised head. This causes it to stumble when trying to get back up at you. At this point your just kicking a puppy. A very viscious, feral, human-y puppy.

The ghoul does manage to grip your leg with it's jaws however. All 10 of it's teeth dig into flesh.

OoC- (4 damage, -1% to armor condition)

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 01:53 AM
Blake makes two more attacks, and defends with 2 AP for a 23% AC. Not a whole lot of variety to her combat right now, I guess.
Unarmed 35%
Punch [roll0] damage [roll1]
Punch2 [roll2] damage [roll3]

waiting for results for fluff

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 06:23 AM
You'll really have to ask him more, and please, don't mention me. He kinda trusts me.

What do I roll to teach her a few tricks about repairing? Charisma+Repair?:smalleek:

"Don't worry Gabby, I won't mention this conversation to anyone...thanks about telling me all that stuff though, it really helped me get my bearing you know?"
Helena sighs and puts out her cigarette, dismounting the table.
"You know what, I won't pick up my payment right now. I think it's safer in here with you, anyhow. I'll come by to show you how to work the radio and collect it before I leave town, ok? Besides, it's getting late and I'm growing tired...so you got beds or I need to find the inn?"

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 12:19 PM
R.G.B-

OoC It died by the fists.

Another strike breaks the ghoul free from your leg, it recoils, trying to recover as you prepare the final blow.

100xps aye. :p

Helena-

Umm, hay really honey, I'd love to put you up, but I can't really take the risk. But there are plenty of buildings around town no one uses, or you can spend some caps and get a room over at the INN. It's just a few buildings down.

OoC- Not entirely sure, a simple repair check woulden't make much sense.... So.... Lemme say, roll Repair + Intellegence, then roll a basic d100. Bit confusing, but I have a formula to give you semi-satisfactory results.

Forgotten T.S.
2009-12-23, 12:49 PM
Vic & Julius-

You spend the day staking out the warehouse. Unfortunately you weren't able to find too many vantage points. This leads to an unfortunate lak of information.

Another worrisome element is the amount of noise you both made. Julius believed he had caught the attention of one of the men during your escapades. Striking now may be harder, the men are sure to be on the alert.
OoC-( is night for you three now)

"Damnit Julius... I know beavers that make less noise when they're beatin' their tails." He takes off his hat and beats it across his hand... his frustration evident. <'Blood... lets call this one for a couple days. Them iggits will probably be holed up in there ready to blast a mouse.'> Blood gives an appreciative bark, <'Your colorful, if not logical, statement only lends worry to my fear you are becoming terminal, Albert.'>

Vic gives the dog a nasty look, perhaps from the use of a word he didn't understand, or the unappreciative attitude about having it applied to him. With frustration he looks over at Julius, "Let's hop over to the bar, find a place to bunk down... maybe we can find some work or something. Starting to run out of food... and I'd like some clean water." With that, he lead them to the Oasis.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 12:50 PM
Umm, hay really honey, I'd love to put you up, but I can't really take the risk. But there are plenty of buildings around town no one uses, or you can spend some caps and get a room over at the INN. It's just a few buildings down.

OoC- Not entirely sure, a simple repair check woulden't make much sense.... So.... Lemme say, roll Repair + Intellegence, then roll a basic d100. Bit confusing, but I have a formula to give you semi-satisfactory results.

"Nah, I wouldn't want to put you in anymore trouble anyway. I just thought maybe you also had rooms besides the bar business. I'm sure I'll find something else though." Helena says while unlocking the door and tidying up all her stuff inside the toolbox. Lifting her bag on her shoulder, she turns to Gabby again.
"I'll come teach you about the fuses before I leave town. Then I'll pick up the stuff, ok? Thanks again." After exchanging goodbyes with Gabby, she steps down the road and looks up the darkened sky, while lighting a cigarette. Eyes to the road again, Helena looks around for some vacant building to settle for the night, preferably something not too dark or crampy that provides some view of the starry night, while keeping her wits about her for any sign of danger.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 12:52 PM
(Darn, with the roll again!):smallannoyed:

[roll0] vs. Perception 8
OoC: Alright, I'll come back to teach her after I leave town...hopefully

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 02:30 PM
Helena-

OoC- The perception wasent nescessary. But it's better safe then sorry right? :P

You search the town for some time, the sky over head quickly turning black. Thankfully, the town isent too large and you quickly find a place to stay. The building lacks a roof entirely on it's 2nd floor, and the only opposition you found were a couple rad roaches.

With the dirty work down you prepare to bunker down, another day in the wastes over with. Your head spins as you lay down. Unfortunately this isent from fatigued, but from radiation. You can feel it, he chemicals in your body are wearing off, but you hope it should last the night.

OoC- Day 2 perhaps? :p

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 02:42 PM
Blake grabs the ghoul by the head and slams it's skull against the counter before pulling a kitchen knife out of a drawer and stabbing it through the eye. "Blasted ferals... Tragic, really." She tosses the body aside and swings the refrigerator open to see what is causing the blood leak.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 02:46 PM
R.G.B-

With the ghoul dead, and the room stable once more you open the refrigerator. Inside you find freshbodies of humans, not unlike yourself. The ghoul was probably storing them to eat later.

As you finish your buissness here the house rattles once more. It seems the ruckus has knocked loose more of the cliffside which this building rests precariously on.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 03:09 PM
Helena-

OoC- The perception wasent nescessary. But it's better safe then sorry right? :P

You search the town for some time, the sky over head quickly turning black. Thankfully, the town isent too large and you quickly find a place to stay. The building lacks a roof entirely on it's 2nd floor, and the only opposition you found were a couple rad roaches.

With the dirty work down you prepare to bunker down, another day in the wastes over with. Your head spins as you lay down. Unfortunately this isent from fatigued, but from radiation. You can feel it, he chemicals in your body are wearing off, but you hope it should last the night.

OoC- Day 2 perhaps? :p

I'm hopeless...anyway, maybe I'll get the gist of it in the process. Yes, by all means Day 2! (After an inexplicably long post)

Helena lies with her back against an old, dirty matress stuffed in the corner and puts her hands behind her head as a pillow, gazing at the sky that opens above. That way she can trick herself, thinking she's still somewhere in the open wastes; that's the only way she can fall asleep. The occasional chitter of a radroach and the frequent, rattling sounds of the run down walls against the breeze are enough to upset her from time to time. Good thing the stars shed some light in the room. She lights the day's last cigarette and her head spins, not only from radiation and fatigue, but also thought. Once again she'd found herself in a town, amidst all those little groups, all those individuals fighting constantly for some shred of power over the others; everything that makes up a town really, everything she's been running away from all along. But maybe you can't outrun all that. Without noticing it, she falls asleep.

The morning sunlight, that falls on her face both wakes her up and blinds her. Helena stretches and rubs her eyes, then packs her things and heads for the main gate. Her stomach growls with a hunger she has yet to cater for but seeing as she has naught a cap on herself, she decides to hunt some game outside the city, both to eat and sell for some water and supplies. Maybe that way she can shake off the slight headache the rads cause her.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 04:30 PM
Blake gathers up some food and leaves it outside the door, then heads back in to look for the parlor.

Perception [roll0] vs. 7, stealth check vs. 19%.

1. Ground floor
Meeting Hall (found unarmed book, 2 pre-war casual wear, 3 small energy cells, 1328 dollars - boring room)
Parlor
Bedrooms 3
Kitchen (fought feral ghoul, brought some food outside)
Supply rooms
Recreational Room

2. Basement- locked
???
???
???

3. Second story
bedrooms 3
bathrooms 3
Study
Locked Room

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 05:06 PM
Helena-

OoC- Roll outdoorsman and list EXACTLY what you wish to suceed at. If your looking for game, a failure will put you in an overpowered fight, or will get you lost, or some such.

R.G.B-

The house creaks and rattles with every step. Finally you come to the parlor, the door opening only a couple inches before falling off the hinges and unto the floor.

beyond the doorway you see a destroyed parlor. The furnishings and wall paper is ripped and torn. The glass figurines and trophies are broken and dented. In general it looks like a swarm of locast hit the place. The only thing that seems to remain is the fireplace, a rusty grate locking it, and a desk in the corner with a skeleton sitting in the seat.

One of the cabinets seems to have been busted open by some force, inside you see VERY well aged alchohols.

As you finish surveying the room you see the floor is moving, and shifting. A swarm of radroaches calls this section of the cheatu home.

The resulting noise of the door falling causes a swarm of radroaches to scatter. Some hide, others run at you, snapping furiously.

( you got first go, 5 radroaches approaching you, No AC.)

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 05:23 PM
Blake moves in quickly, holding her arm out to pull down trophies onto the roaches before getting onto a nearby table and preparing to defend herself.

[roll0] to all, and 22% AC for this round.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 05:24 PM
Helena-
OoC- Roll outdoorsman and list EXACTLY what you wish to suceed at. If your looking for game, a failure will put you in an overpowered fight, or will get you lost, or some such.

[roll0] vs. Outdoorsman 30%

Helena shields her eyes from the blinding rays of the Wasteland sun and inspects the land, hoping to catch sight of a large enough animal to become her prey; a molerat, a rabid dog or even a brahmin gone astray.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 05:32 PM
Helena-

You head out into the wastes, a light sandstorm whipping up around you. Even with your eyes further agitated by billowing sand you manage to find it. A small out-of-the-way makeshift cattle pin. Inside there are about 5 brahmin, each eating from a rusty trough (sp?).

Immediatly surveying the area you can't find anyone who would own these animals.

R.G.B-

Using your enviroment against the enemy you cause a small rockslide of metals and glass. As it all falls to the ground a couple of the roaches are crushed or impaled. This allows you enough time to run past the enemies, deeper into the parlor, and find a sturdy wooden table to use as high ground.

However, just as the 2 roaches die, 3 more come out of hiding. The roaches swarm around the table. The swarm begins working in unison to bite at the table legs. However a single roach finds itself climbing up the table and snapping at your feet.

OoC- 0 damage. -1% to armor condition

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 05:38 PM
Blake grins and punches the roach to get it off her table, then kicks out the table leg to crash the table down on the roaches while she slides and jumps off onto her feet, near the table.
unarmed [roll0] vs. 35% against the roach, then unarmed [roll1] against the table leg (which is auto-hit, I think, regardless of roll). Unarmed damage [roll2] and table damage [roll3]. Also, agility [roll4] against 7 to do the jump.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 05:45 PM
R.G.B-

you kick the table leg loose, causing the roaches to scatter. Unfortunately most scatter under the table. As it collapses the radroaches either fall off, or under the table, and are subsequently squashed.

You manage to keep your footing as you step down on a clear patch of floor. Underneath your feet you feel something rough.

With that, whatever rad roaches still exist, seem to have fled, or are hiding.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 05:49 PM
Helena-

You head out into the wastes, a light sandstorm whipping up around you. Even with your eyes further agitated by billowing sand you manage to find it. A small out-of-the-way makeshift cattle pin. Inside there are about 5 brahmin, each eating from a rusty trough (sp?).

Immediatly surveying the area you can't find anyone who would own these animals.

She walks up to the brahmin pen, all the while looking around on the ground for some sort of bottle or container that's not too damaged.

[roll0] vs. Perception 8

(What are the brahmin eating?)

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 05:50 PM
She looks down at the rough thing, ready to stomp it. If it is uninteresting, she does a brief search of the room to look for any useful items. She also takes the liquor, planning to leave it in the main room on her journey to the bedrooms.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 05:54 PM
Helena-

You search the wastelands, finding a broken spear handle to use. The tip is cracked, but should suffice.

Inside the trough you see some sort of unidentifiable muck. Your not even sure if it's edible to animals, but they continue to consume it regardless.

R.G.B-

Moving your foot you find a small copper key, it is obviously rusted with age. You make your way around the room, robbing it of the liqour and the junk and taking all back to the entrance.

Loots-

15 caps
130 Pre-war dollars
1lbs of gold shards/ruined figurines/ jewelry

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 05:57 PM
She takes the key over to the desk, inspecting it for locks and digging through the drawers. She also inspects the skeleton, just in case.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 06:11 PM
Helena-
You search the wastelands, finding a broken spear handle to use. The tip is cracked, but should suffice.

Inside the trough you see some sort of unidentifiable muck. Your not even sure if it's edible to animals, but they continue to consume it regardless.

(Hahaha! No, no, I wasn't looking for something sharp to kill them with:smalltongue: Just a bottle or a container; I got a plan:smallwink: Do they have water to drink beside them?)

Helena looks around inquisitively, then inspects the brahmin for some short of marking or brand that herd animals usually carry.
Well, I don't think your master would be very happy now, if I just took one of you, she thought, snooping around the pen for a couple of empty containers.

[roll0] vs. Perception 8

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 06:45 PM
R.G.B-

You search the remainder of the parlor, there is nothing left but the desk now. Comming to the remaining corpse, you find that the body is bare. Inside the desk, however, you find a few useful items.

Loots-

1. .357 Magnum Revolver (empty)
1. Crumpled note- "1...3....5...5...3"
1. Keyring with 3 keys.

Helena-

( Please specify next time please. :p)

There is no water to be found in the pen, yet signs from.. wastes.. and other markings point to the animals having been here for at least a couple weeks.

You manage to find a few empty bottles laying around, but only 2 of them are in good enough condition to use.

The brahmin have no markings on them.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 07:10 PM
( Please specify next time please. :p)
There is no water to be found in the pen, yet signs from.. wastes.. and other markings point to the animals having been here for at least a couple weeks.
You manage to find a few empty bottles laying around, but only 2 of them are in good enough condition to use.
The brahmin have no markings on them.

(I did specify!:smalltongue:I said I'm looking for bottle or container that's NOT too damaged! I couldn't know you'd make such a mental leap! Broken spearhead...wow..it was hilarious!:smallbiggrin: Don't worry, I'll list my plan ahead from now on.)

She picks up the bottles and cleans them off of dirt as best she can, with a piece of cloth from her garments. Looking around one last time to see if anyone is watching, she approaches the most calm-looking brahmin of the herd and kneels beside it.
"Ooo there, good girl. Easy", she says in a nurturing manner, patting the brahmin's side lightly to settle it a bit, before reaching down to milk it, trying to pour as much of the blessed liquid inside the bottle as she can.

[roll0] vs. Speech 17%
[roll1] vs. Outdoorsman 30%

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 07:24 PM
She moves on to check out the bedrooms, moving through a process of going in, searching for useful stuff, and moving to the next one. "stupid freaking monsters. going to hurt falcon when I get out there, he can't fend off a yao-guai, thing would eat him."

Perception [roll0] vs. 7 and stealth vs. 19%

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 07:32 PM
Helena-
Erm, please note WHAT your trying to achieve with each check, I can guess from the fluff easily enough, but I dont want to be mistaken and waste time. Also about the bottle thing, I totally miss read that sorry, I thought you were looking for the MOST damaged. Which spawned the idea you wanted a stabby tool, which led to the spear. :p

You spend some time manipulating the brahmin, but to no avail. You squeeze out maybe 1 ounce of milk from the animals, and it's unfortunately irradiated worse then the water.

While you continue to farm from the brahmin you can hear the faint whirring of track tires and gears. Shortly following, a segment of ground near you explodes. A lazer had flown just past you, hitting the dirt.

Behind you is a single "robo-brain", equiped with all the standered equipment. Lazer gun, brain, heavy plating, and the like. However one special attachment had been made. You see a cattleprod extend from the other arm.

Step away from the cattle. Ya'll put your hands in the air.

The robots speech is choppy and oddly southernised.

Rosaleen-

The bedrooms seem to relinquish much for your search. Other then dust, prewar clothing, or mold, there is nothing of particular interest.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 07:45 PM
Blake makes her way to the supply room too look for more useful stuff.

Perception 1d10 vs. 7. Stealth vs. 19%.

1. Ground floor
Parlor (fought radroaches, got quest items)
Bedrooms 3 (boring rooms)
Kitchen (fought feral ghoul, brought some food outside)
Supply rooms
Recreational Room

2. Basement- locked
???
???
???

3. Second story
bedrooms 3
bathrooms 3
Study
Locked Room

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 07:47 PM
Helena-
Erm, please note WHAT your trying to achieve with each check, I can guess from the fluff easily enough, but I dont want to be mistaken and waste time. Also about the bottle thing, I totally miss read that sorry, I thought you were looking for the MOST damaged. Which spawned the idea you wanted a stabby tool, which led to the spear. :p
You spend some time manipulating the brahmin, but to no avail. You squeeze out maybe 1 ounce of milk from the animals, and it's unfortunately irradiated worse then the water.
While you continue to farm from the brahmin you can hear the faint whirring of track tires and gears. Shortly following, a segment of ground near you explodes. A lazer had flown just past you, hitting the dirt.
Behind you is a single "robo-brain", equiped with all the standered equipment. Lazer gun, brain, heavy plating, and the like. However one special attachment had been made. You see a cattleprod extend from the other arm.
Step away from the cattle. Ya'll put your hands in the air.
The robots speech is choppy and oddly southernised.

"Darn! Like I needed you, stupid piece of sh-" she mutters between clenched teeth and rushes to take cover behind a rock, while keeping her bag close to her.
[roll0] vs. Agility 5 for rushing off behind a rock

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 07:57 PM
Helena-

OoC You wouldent need reflex for that, you just need to move. Which considering the rather flat land inside the cattle pin, im going to say no to cover via rock. Now, if your ok with using a brahmin for cover, I can allow that.

Next list your sequence ( if im right your going first anyways), then just finish this turn. 1AP for moving behind cattle, or 0AP spent for... well yo uhavent mentioned anything else yet.

R.G.B-

You move further back into the building. You feel uncomfortable this far in, the flooring is VERY loose, and in some segments you find holes in the ground that lead straight off the cliffside.

However you search the few supplyrooms the building has to offer, none of which have more then the occasional cleaning supplies.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 07:59 PM
"Nehhh, bad spot..." she leaves that area to find the way upstairs, and looks for the recreational area to finish her exploration of the ground floor.

Perception [roll0] vs. 7, Stealth vs. 19%

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 08:03 PM
R.G.B-

The second to last of the rooms on the first floor is found, however the door seems jammed.

Strength to bust open. The stairs are back in the entrance hall, if you recall.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 08:07 PM
Blake shrugs and goes back outside the house slowly, after making sure all items she has are hidden on her person, not easily seen. "Hey, Falcon, get in here and let them deal with our, eh, watch. I need your muscles."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 08:09 PM
R.G.B-

You head back outside the building, every footstep echoing in the spacious halls.

Comming back outside you only see 3 men waiting for you. Falcon, one of the miners, and the young man.

I honestly must detest miss, I accompanied you here, but I cannot in all good sense come with you inside that hellhole.

Speech Check

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-23, 08:15 PM
OoC You wouldent need reflex for that, you just need to move. Which considering the rather flat land inside the cattle pin, im going to say no to cover via rock. Now, if your ok with using a brahmin for cover, I can allow that.

Next list your sequence ( if im right your going first anyways), then just finish this turn. 1AP for moving behind cattle, or 0AP spent for... well yo uhavent mentioned anything else yet.

(You really got something against brahmin, don't you?:smalltongue:)

Helena finds herself belly first, behind the trough. How she could mistake the thing for a rock escaped her. It must have been the sun, beating down on her head from above. The trough couldn't provide much cover for a long time, she knew that. Pulling out the shotgun from her bag, she takes aim.

1AP for moving behind trough, 4AP for pulling out shotgun, Defend with remaining 2 AP (AC +2)
Sequence: 16

purepolarpanzer
2009-12-23, 10:01 PM
Nervously, Milo moved up to the door leading into the building. It was dark. And spooky. And in the wasteland, that meant a lot. This wasn't right. He was tempted to move in to support him, but he would give it a few more minutes. Zach should either be back by now or have come out gunning, but maybe he found something interesting. A few more minutes... just a few.
ZACH! What's up, man? How's it look down there?
Milo yells into the door, looking around and fingering the trigger of the carbine, his hands sweating. That feeling he had earlier... maybe it was the bad luck. Milo knocks on the nearest bit of wood and throws a little dust over his shoulder. Better safe then sorry.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 11:14 PM
"Come on, Falcon, I'll make it worth your while. This place isn't as bad as it looks, and I just need some help getting a door open."

Speech [roll0] vs. 55.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-23, 11:34 PM
R.G.B-

Falcon returns with a stern reply.
You coulden't pay me enough to go in that forsakened place. Now if you'd please hurry so we may return to town before dawn.It is clear that falcon, nor the other 2 remaining men will be accompanying you.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-23, 11:52 PM
"Fine. Cowards. You won't be getting in on the treasure map, either then." She re-enters and heads upstairs to check out the upstairs bedrooms.

Speech [roll0] vs. 55 to make the treasure map sound enticing. Stealth vs. 19%

DMBlackhart
2009-12-24, 12:10 AM
Ai Zhen Huang-

The wastes was never a place anyone wanted to live in. Unfortunately, those who were in charge, were to blind to care. Those who's fates were decided by others made their best efforts to prevent the unfortunate events that followed.

You stand a couple meters outside of a large cavern. The mouth is damp and cold. Inside you can see it, a large circular opening, a very thick metal door moved to the side. Printed on the door were the numbers "V42" imprinted.

Unfortunately you were far too north of any civilization, and if you dident find some supplies here, you would die out in the wastelands.

R.G.B-

You re-enter the complex and up the stairs to the second story. Here you come to two hallways, each with multiple doorways.

You move down the left-wing, searching the bedrooms as you go. Each one seems bare other then ruined sheets, or dust. However the last one prooves more interesting. This bedroom, although normally no different then the others, has major signs of a struggle. You see scorh marks all throughout the rooms. On the bed lays a strong, steel briefcase.

INT to identify the scorch marks.

tacocat
2009-12-24, 12:28 AM
Ai Zhen-

Ai Zhen looked to the mouth of the cave, chewing her lip anxiously. She could feel her stomach rumble, her mouth dry, all feelings she was, frankly, unaccustomed to. The only bastion of civilization, past or present, she had was right here and hopefully with it a bit of aid.

Well, there's really no choice in the matter is there? She thought, looking back behind her before stepping up to the old metal door. She laid her hand across it, tilting her head curiously. V42? Taking a single step inside the old compoud, she paused to draw her sword, peering around curiously as she did. Perhaps this wouldn't be the chore it was meant to be...

Perception [roll0] vs. 7

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-24, 12:29 AM
Intelligence [roll0] vs. 7
Blake takes the briefcase and heads down to try her keyring at the basement.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-24, 12:36 AM
Ai Zhen-

You move into the darkness of the abandoned vault-like compound. Your eyes slowly adjust to the lack of light. The only source in this room are a couple 40watt bulbs, providing JUST enough light to make out basic shapes.

The first room seems like a control room, possibly for the compounds main systems, and the door no less. The control panels however, seem to be too ruined to function. Your honestly amazed the very low powered lightbulbs are even still functioning.

This main room has 3 other rooms, each leading in a seperate direction. Each door is electronically control, and is currently too underpowered to move.

OoC- STRENGTH check to manually force open a door.

R.G.B-

Moving back downstairs has unfortunat results. One of the two flights of stairs breaks in too many places to safely climb back up.

Down at the first floor you come to the door that leads to the basement. You try all three of the keys on the key ring, before turning to the small copper key you found before. Unlike the others, this one opens the door. As it opens you swear you heard movement, something is down there, and it knows your comming.

The stairs into the basement are made of stone, but the rails, a flimsy wood. The darkness stretches well past your vision.

tacocat
2009-12-24, 12:44 AM
Ai Zhen

Waiting warily for her eyes to adjust, Ai Zhen takes a glance about the room breathing a sigh of relief. She wades into the dim room, looking over the controls of the panel as a dog shown a card trick. Amazing what people can build with a few nuts and bolts, I guess.

Wetting her lips from thirst, she sheathed her weapon, feeling no immediate danger as she looked over the doors. "Right is right," she mumbled aloud to herself, moving over to wrench the door to her right open.

Strength [roll0] vs. 9

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-24, 02:31 AM
"Anybody down there? Look, come on out - I found some food and water up here, and some liquor. I don't need or want all of that, you can have some."

Arq Kujos
2009-12-24, 10:04 AM
Milo& Zach-

You struggle around for your lightr, comming to your feet. Just as you find your lighter, the room is filled with a dim light.

Inside the room you see MANY things that just plain and straight " Freak you the F*** out".

You see a refrigerator with a trail of blood comming from it. The blood ends in pools on the floor. Off to another end of the very small room is a workbench with alot of "meat" on it. According to the flesh, and structure of the body parts, it's clear they are human.

And finally, you see a beautiful women in a daisy patterned formal dress with a white, blood soaked labcoat on. The women has an eery smile, like an insane person would have. In her left hand is a meat-cleaver.

The women shakily approaches you, the cleaver raised.

I-i-im so sorry... but h-he's sick...

Zach barely had time to even reach to the horrors around him. Blood filled the air, chocking his nostrils. It was all over the ground. And apparently, it came from a man who was last nights dinner. Seeing the lady, Zach drew his pistol and pointed it at the woman. "You just stay the f**k over there. You come near me, and I'll f***'n drop you like a bad habit." Zach pulled the hammer back on his pistol to emphasize his point. Still holding the lighter in his left hand, Zach scanned the room for exits. Doors, windows, holes in walls, even a sewer access. Anything to get him the hell out of this place. Zach finally couldn't stand it anymore. "What the f**k is this!? The woman was obviously some form of cannibal. "What the f**k is this, you sick f**k!? Zach keep his gun trained on her, ready to fire if she looked at him funny.

Ok, this time, Zach really will fire. I want him to aim, and shoot at her IF she makes a hostile move against him. At this point, hostile is coming within 5 feet of him. What do I need to do, if I can use old D&D terminology, to ready my action to shoot this crazy b***h?

DMBlackhart
2009-12-24, 01:15 PM
Milo& Zach-

Even this far into the building you could swear you heard the echo of Milo's voice, or that could just be your mind playing tricks on you.

However you have more important things to focus on. The women whom your assuming is "bel" is advancing on you, slower then before, but still pulling herself to you. The butchers knife lowers a bit as her arms and legs shake.
Tears stream down her cheecks.

P-please. Im s-sorry. He's sick.

OoC- There arent any rules for "Readying" actions. So, if you don't do something on your turn, it's assumed your defending, or in some other way not able to take the action.

But I am always looking for a rule to revise after all. Let's see, for now lets say
"You can use all your AP on ATTACKS ONLY anytime after your turn before the next round." ( So, no readying to change out gear, or run. :p)

So if she is definately not going to halt (she wont) then feel free to attack anytime, if you chose not to, it's her turn, and she will try to cut you.

R.G.B-

Calling into the darkness proves futile. Whatever made that noise isent interested in comming to your calls.

Ai Zhen-

You grab the right-most door with both your hands, pulling with all your strength, shortly the door slides open. The lighting is just as poor in the rest of the building as it was in the entrance. You can see maybe 9 meters before things become too blurry. Inside this segment of hallway seems to be a number of side doors, each sealed shut due to the lack of power.

tacocat
2009-12-24, 01:35 PM
Ai Zhen

She took a moment to peer into the nigh-darkness, but to no avail. Closed shut, she thought. But there's got to be something that way! Ai Zhen smirked faintly as she drew her sword, crouching low as she proceeded into the hallway. Her pistol was near useless in the dark, whatever trouble she met she'd have to dispatch of quietly, or face-to-face, or so she reasoned.

Looking around for anything of use, Ai Zhen cautiously advanced.

Don't know if its needed but...
Perception [roll0] vs. 7.
Sneak vs. 38%

Wraithkin
2009-12-24, 04:22 PM
Apparently because I have to post that I'm following Vic, even though I'd think it's implied... :smallannoyed:

Jules follows Vic to the bar.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-25, 12:44 PM
Blake walks back over to where Falcon and the others are, "Hey, guys, do any of you have a light source? I gotta head to the basement, and it's... pretty dark down there."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-25, 02:48 PM
Vic & Julius-

Abandoning your stake out at the silver bullet's hideout, you head off to the "oasis". Unfortunately, the ONLY bar in the entirety of modoc. Because of which water sources are low, as well as much other sustenance.

You both head into the bar, a man being tossed out the doorway by a powerful supermutant moments prior.

AND STAY OUT! YA BUM!!

The Oasis is nothing as it's name would suggest. The place is a dirty, run-down, watering hole. The place seems to be ran by an increadibly bulky, and equally frightful, supermutant. The creature stands at least Nine-Feet-Tall, and has forearms the size of your torso.

Taking a seat at the counter, you can see prices etched into the countertop. The markings are crude, no doubt made by the owner. Unfortunately, due to modoc being so far out of the way of civilzation drinks are far pricier here. Purified water runs 100caps a bottle!

Ai Zhen-

With the first of many obstacles overcome you continue down the dimly lit hallway. Unfortunately the path is rather straightforward, and the doors that lead off in other directions are sealed tight.

The path finally ends at a set of stairs leading up into yet another dimly lit room, inside of which you can hear the skittering of radroaches.

Helena-

You dive next to the trough, crouching low to avoid as many of the blasts as possible. The robotic cowboy advances closer, ensuring a more accurate shot, issuing the same verbal threat as before.

Put up yer hands and drop your weapon!

A volley of lazers escapes the robot, many of which hit the dirt far off from you. A few hit the closest brahmin too you, causing it to collapse over in a pool of blood. You, however, remain unscathed.

R.G.B-

Heading back out brings very unfortunate results. The entire troupe` has dissapeared. Whether falcon led them back, or something got them is unknown, there are no signs of a struggle however.

tacocat
2009-12-25, 03:41 PM
Ai Zhen

Ai Zhen follows the hallway, standing straight as she climbs the stairs. The chittering sound of the roaches fills her with a bit more hope than dread. If there's radroaches, there might be something worth scavving this way! She thought hopefully, her thoughts drifting to those of food. It probably wouldn't be pigrat dumplings, but hey, it'd keep her alive.

She advanced, sword drawn, ready to hack through some bugs.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-25, 04:06 PM
Ai Zhen-

Each step up the stairs is masked by the insects own noises. Giving you the advantage in this fight.

You come to the top of the stairs and into the center of a very complex, very high tech room. A large computer terminal lies straight in front of you, an open doorway to the south.

Just as everywhere else, the power here is very low, because of which only an extremly dim light comes from the roof lights.

On the floor below you you can't see it, but can hear it. Nasty chittering all over. The radroaches must be in swarms in this room. This is proven when you feel the skittering of thousands of cat-sized roaches across your feet. However, the roaches seem more blind then you, and don't seem to notice your movements through the room.

( You act first if you WANT to fight.)

tacocat
2009-12-25, 04:20 PM
Ai Zhen

Gasping aloud as the first radroach crawls across her foot, Ai Zhen grasps her sword tighter. However, the girl is surprised. She hadn't expected nearly so many, nor for them to seem so... docile, whatever the case. She wades in slowly, grimacing as one gets as high as her thigh before dropping to it's comrades. Squashing the bugs was easy enough, but with so many, Ai Zhen felt pangs of doubt.

She glances over at the computer terminal, squinting in the dark before turning her head to the exit to the south, listening and looking to see if the sea of roaches continues on.

No fighting... for now.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-25, 04:27 PM
Ai Zhen-

The screen of the terminal is a reflective black. You can just barely make out your own reflection in the poor lighting. The lighting past the doorway is no better, and there is no accurate way to tell how far, or where the radroaches are at.

( If your familir with "fallout" your currently in "the overseers" office. So, that might help with you understanding the location)

tacocat
2009-12-25, 04:44 PM
(Sounded familiar. :P)

Ai Zhen looks over the busted tech, running a hand over the dead, black screen, her fingers tracing small lines in dust and grime. Curiousity nagged at her to find some way to turn it on! Maybe then the sea of roaches would clear. She wipes her hand on her pants before turning to the open doorway, proceeding carefully.

Still sneaking. Vs. 38%

DMBlackhart
2009-12-25, 07:18 PM
Ai Zhen-

Not more then half a yard down the hallway you find a still illuminated electronic signpost on the left-most wall. Like all other aspects of this location, the sign is dimly lit. Luckily you can still make out the directions the map illustrates.

V42-

* Upper Level
-Admin
o. Overseer's Office
o. Reception Room
o. Overseer's Apartment
o. Operations
o. Security
o. Holding Cell
o. Systems

-Atrium
o. Utility
o. Equipment
o. Storage

* Lower Level
o. Clinic
o. Physician's Office
o. Classroom
o. Cafeteria
o. Apartments
o. Common Room
o. Restrooms

* Sub-level
o. Generator
o. Filter
o. Reactor
o. Storage

(Keep that map somewhere. I might lose it. :p)

Arq Kujos
2009-12-25, 08:14 PM
Milo& Zach-

Even this far into the building you could swear you heard the echo of Milo's voice, or that could just be your mind playing tricks on you.

However you have more important things to focus on. The women whom your assuming is "bel" is advancing on you, slower then before, but still pulling herself to you. The butchers knife lowers a bit as her arms and legs shake.

OoC- There arent any rules for "Readying" actions. So, if you don't do something on your turn, it's assumed your defending, or in some other way not able to take the action.

But I am always looking for a rule to revise after all. Let's see, for now lets say
"You can use all your AP on ATTACKS ONLY anytime after your turn before the next round." ( So, no readying to change out gear, or run. :p)

So if she is definately not going to halt (she wont) then feel free to attack anytime, if you chose not to, it's her turn, and she will try to cut you.

Well, I guess since she won't stop, she really doesn't leave Zach with any other choice.

"Stay back!" The crazy woman, Bel or not, had to be stopped. Zach aimed his weapon and fired at her, hoping to put enough rounds into the deranged woman to put her down and keep her there.

Again, good sir, what are the rules for me to shoot this woman? I don't have the PDF on this computer.

I do know that my Small Arms skill is 38%.

I promise I will learn these rules one day.

tacocat
2009-12-25, 09:19 PM
Ai Zhen

She smiled. She was in a Vault! She'd heard of them, they were almost like her home, save for the sturdier construction and radiation-proof walls. Licking her lips again, she looked over the map, she was on the upper level, the overseer's office. Maybe Mr. Overseer has something that ought to help me out, she thought, heading to where the electronic map indicated the overseer's apartment was. Her head swam a bit as she plotted out the rest of her course.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-25, 10:19 PM
Ai Zhen-

You wade through the never ending sea of radroaches. What is it making them so docile? It mattered little, as it was currently an advantage.

You finally come to the overseer's apartment. The electronic door of which is shut, the power far too low to open it with the near-by terminal.

The radroaches continue to scatter and skitter searching for food. The never ending swarming noise quickly becomming a hypnotic rhythem.

(Strength Check to force it open please)

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-25, 10:31 PM
Blake finds a short wooden rod and wraps some ragged curtains around the tip, then goes to the kitchen and soaks the tip in oil from the appliances. She then gathers some metals with which to make a spark, to light her makeshift torch. Now that she has a light source, she slowly heads down to the basement, ready to attack anything that jumps out at her.

She readies herself to attack anything that startles her.

tacocat
2009-12-25, 10:41 PM
Ai Zhen

Nudging a radroach aside, Ai Zhen lays her hands on the door to the overseer's apartment, her sword temporarily sheathed, as she attempts to pry it open. She silently thinks back to the days of wrangling a rogue brahmin, for some reason...

Strength [roll0] vs. 9

DMBlackhart
2009-12-25, 10:47 PM
R.G.B-

You continue into the slowly fading darkness and chill of the sub-levels of the cheatu. The temperature continues to drop steadily as you advance further down. At last you come to ground floor, a number of things catching your attention.

The first is the large, dangerously unstable tool box only a couple meters away from you. The other is the large busted iron cage in the corner, stains of blood all about it.

The last... would be the ghoul standing inches away from your face. Before you can even react you feel the piercing ache of wood colliding with your skull.

The attack hardly phases you, adrenaline keeping your body numb and energized.

(Your turn, ghoul is 1 hex away. )

Ai Zhen-

Ai Zhen

Nudging a radroach aside, Ai Zhen lays her hands on the door to the overseer's apartment, her sword temporarily sheathed, as she attempts to pry it open. She silently thinks back to the days of wrangling a rogue brahmin, for some reason...

Try as you might this door just will not budge. You decide to relinquish all efforts after a good 10 minutes of work on the door. Whatever information was inside, is now lost to you.

tacocat
2009-12-25, 11:03 PM
Ai Zhen

The girl groans as the door fails to even budge. She draws her sword again, replanning her tour through the vault. Seems Mr. Overseer spared no expense on security... at least his. Heading out again, keeping her movements from disturbing the living carpet, she makes her way down to the security office.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-25, 11:17 PM
Blake swings at the ghoul before moving back into the cage and getting ready to slam the cage on the ghoul's head when it comes to attack her.

Unarmed attack [roll0] skill 35%; damage [roll1]. Then she moves into the cage, and readies her action to smash the cage door on it's head when it comes to attack her. Cage damage [roll2]

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 12:08 AM
Ai Zhen-

Your journy is quick and easy. The living floor continuing it's insipid (sp?) skittering. In a matter of seconds your at the security office, yet again another door sealed shut. It will take strength to move the doorway aside.

( you know the dril)

R.G.B-

Your punches go wide and miss the ghoul, however it's ferocity does not end just because you run. Now that the ghoul is giving chase, your in the perfect position to abuse it, or to be abused yourself.

You seal yourself in the cage which no doubt once held this feral beast. Unfortunately for you this tactic is not one of the better ones. You do manage to kick the door BACK open from the inside, striking the ghouls head hard, causing it to recoil. However the monster shows intellegence unlike most ghouls.

The goul catches the door of the cage, holding it open as it jumps INTO the tiny space with you, gnawing at your arms and stomach the best it can in the restricted space.

(-1% to armor condition, -5hp)

tacocat
2009-12-26, 12:11 AM
Ai Zhen

She sighs, slightly annoyed by the sheer amount of closed doors. "Why couldn't they use locks instead?" she mumbles aloud to herself, yet again placing her sword in its sheath. She rubs her hands together, grabbing the edges of the door and pulling hard...

Strength [roll0] vs. 9.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 12:19 AM
"If you want food, I've got some upstairs, we can split it! You don't -need- to eat me, I can help you. so get off me!"

Two unarmed attacks (skill 35%); [roll0] / damage [roll1]

[roll2] / damage [roll3]

Defend for 23% AC

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 12:25 AM
Ai Zhen-

With less effort then the overseer's office, the doorway to the security center slides open. Your arms are already sore from this obnoxious practise, but if it gets results....

Inside the room you find the place in ruins. Most of the furnishings, and most anything not made of stone or metal, has been eaten away at by the roaches. You can't get a STRONG look at the finer features of the room thanks to the woefully tiny watt bulbs.

Despite the abyssmal illiumination you make out a desk, with a STILL functioning terminal on it. The glare of the terminals active screen is horribly bright in contrast. However over the desk, and the chair that sits infront of it, are many roaches, using a skeleton wearing a tattered police uniform as shelter.

R.G.B-

The creature continues to snap at you, much like a starving hound. The teeth catch you RIGHT on your left fist as you stuff it down it's throat. The monster claws at your hand trying to wrenge your arm free. Unfortunately it fails to do so before the oxygen supply to it's brain ends, and it falls limp to the ground.

(100xps please?)

tacocat
2009-12-26, 12:37 AM
Ai Zhen

Pausing a moment to rub her arms, the girl takes her sword once more before surveying the room, her eyes adjusting suddenly to the glare of the screen. She takes her sword, moving closer to the terminal, an "Oooooh" escaping her.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 12:38 AM
She pauses for a moment, then does a quick search of the room for anything useful, including the tool box. "Falcon leaves, jackass, going to hurt him. Ferals attacking me, getting me upset. Bah."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 12:42 AM
Ai Zhen-

The terminal seems to currently be in a locked position. Whoever was the last user couldent get in it seems.

Access Denied, attempts remaining 2

(Science check to guess the password)

R.G.B-

The tool boxs leaves you empty handed to any USEFUL equipment. You salvage an entire repairset worth of tools from the chest, but not a bit more.

tacocat
2009-12-26, 12:51 AM
Ai Zhen

Ai Zhen simply stared are the screen for a long moment, wondering what to do. What did the computer even have to say? She cursed herself once and twice cursed the door to the overseer's apartment. Gnawing on her lip, she scrolled through some of the gibberish on screen, until she came across the word 'HOMES' before pushing down on the input key.

(Incoming fail roll!)
Science [roll0] vs. 9%,.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 12:55 AM
She sighs, takes the repairset, and heads off to the next room. She carefully opens the door, peeking in first before enterting.

Stealth vs. 19%, goal is to get back out of the doorway before anything could attack me, if anything tries to. Agility [roll0] vs. 7, if needed.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 01:03 AM
Ai Zhen-

You attempt to hack into the terminal, unfortunately to no success. The system gives a light *beep* before issuing another warning.

Access Denied, Attempts remaining 1

R.G.B-

You push open the next door, the reason for the increadible cold becoming quickly evident. Beyond the doorway is a completely led-lined room. The metal room has 1 feature of interest, a large metallic cylander in the center. Your not entirely sure what someone would store in a thing like that.

There is a hatch at the floor of the room, it seems to be sealed with a padlock unfortunately.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 01:04 AM
She goes over, and knocks on the hatch. "Irradiated room, crap - need to hurry." She pays close attention to whether she is feeling sick at all.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 01:06 AM
R.G.B-

You do not yet feel any ill effects if there are any. However if what is in that canister, is what you believe it to be, the lead casin SHOULD prove sufficiant to prevent the nastier effects of radiation.

Rapping on the canister proves no response. Your hands quickly become numb in the negative temperatures.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 01:08 AM
She starts trying the keys from the keyring on the padlock. "****, it's cold."

tacocat
2009-12-26, 01:10 AM
Ai Zhen

Ai grumbled as the computer beeped indignantly. She vaguely looked over the dead policeman before turning to the desk. She looked to one of the handles on the old desk, covered with rust and grime. Maybe there was something in there that might help?

Perception [roll0] vs. 7. (To search for something useful)
Strength [roll1] vs. 9. (To open drawer, if needed)
Wasnt sure what kind of desk it was, just went on what I know of the game.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 01:17 AM
R.G.B.-

You struggle to manipulate the keys with your numbed fingers, but it isent impossible. None of the keys fit the padlock, a sigh of aggrivation escapes your mouth in a white cloud.

Your body slowly gets colder with each second.

Ai Zhen-

Shuffling through the desk you find a series of papers and objects. Taking out each one in turn you finally find one with characters scribbled on it.

Using th light from the terminal your able to make out the code for the terminal. "Velocity"

Imputting the code, the terminal gives a clicking noise, much akin to a lock unlocking. A quick list of options and actions appears on screen.

Terminal X-1:

1. Upper Level Security Cameras
2. Lower Level Security Cameras (offline).
3. Security Lockdown (active) (Error, insufficient power)
4. Sub Level Security Cameras
5. Overseer's Logs (Error, Folder Empty)

tacocat
2009-12-26, 01:24 AM
Ai Zhen

She frowned, recalling the cafeteria was on the lower floor. But if the radroaches were as bad there as they were here, she might as well be out of luck anyway... or figure out how to roast radroach in the Wastes. But a little knowledge never hurt anyone and she always read it was important to have much information on the enemy, be they human, radroach or a particularly hard to find bottle of water. She goes to view the camera logs for the Upper and Sub levels, one after the other, respectively.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 01:36 AM
Blake growls at it and leaves quickly. "Stupid mansion." She gathers her stuff and leaves the rotten building, examining the surrounding area and commenting, "Falcon... You suck, so very, very much."

She tosses a bottle of liquor into the mansion once she has left, then throws her torch down at it. "Burn, beautiful."

She starts walking off away from the burning mansion once it has caught flame.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 01:46 AM
Ai Zhen-

Cameras:

* Upper Level
-Admin
o. Overseer's Office- You know what it looks like. :p
o. Reception Room- The room is fairly ordinary, it has some remains, some ruined furnishings, and a nest of roaches.
o. Overseer's Apartment- The overseers apartment has an obvious lack of radroaches. The place has only 1 thing out of place, a rather nicely preserved human body laying on the bed. Your not sure if it's alive or not.
o. Operations- This room is packed with roaches as well, and itseems EVERYTHING in the room has been damaged. The terminals are all busted in.
o. Security- You are here. :p
o. Holding Cell- The holding cells are still sealed from the roaches, alot like the overseers apartment. Only one cell is occupied at the time, and it's occupent is INDEED alive. It is a human, or, you'd believe. His skin is all mottled and saggy. The man looks like the living dead. He is unfortunately locked in an energy cage.
o. Systems- The systems room is completely ruined like the operations room. Whatever information was on those terminals is now in ruins. This must be why the terminals arent working throughout the compound.

-Atrium
o. Utility- A utility Closet, Boi!
o. Equipment- This room is opened, and has many roaches scurrying about. However it seems not ALL the equipment has been salvaged. It seems some weapons, and uniforms still survive.
o. Storage- You almost had a glimpse of hope. But the room is trashed by the roaches. Any food or other supplies that were here are either salvaged or ruined.

* Sub-level
o. Generator- Your heart stops for a good minute. You see something dark and twisted. Inside the generator room is about 24 bodies laid in a circle AROUND the generator. Their blood making out writing, but it's too hard to read it from here. The generator is currently inactive, this must be the cause of the low-wattage.
o. Filter- The compounds vents all lead here, and visa-versa. Just as well the you see the words on a rather large machene scribing "Water Purifier". Could that be what you seek?
o. Reactor- Another shiver goes down your spine. Inside the normally sealed reactor room you see a creepy sight. another 13 bodies are scattered aimlesly through here. It is obvious the peoplke struggled to get free, unfortunately the radiation most have taken them.
o. Storage- Pristine, pristine and beautiful. All he supplies you could need to supply in the wastes for YEARS! Pure water, packaged foods, the whole lot! All packaged in led-lined cases!

R.G.B-

Stomping off angrily from the now towering inferno that was the cheatu, you head off towards "town", grumbling angrily about falcon was you toy with the strange mans case.

You can't seem to handle the locks in any effective manner, and quickly give up. Unfortunately you find yourself lost in the cold... dark... scary wastelands. Your still in the dead forests, thankfully, or.. unfortunately. However none of that reassures you;.

What DOES reassure you ( and slightly annoys) is the sound of a VERY familiar voice. Falcon, the bastard is in a clearing picking some fruits from a small bush with a little life left in it.

Hmmmhmhmhm, yum yum yum. Starvin. Shame blake won't be making it back, she'd probably love these.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 01:55 AM
Blake charges out of the woods and tackles Falcon, dropping the mass of crap she was dragging right before she does so. After pouncing on him, she grabs the collar of his shirt and yells at him, "You're a ****ing ****sucker, you piece of mother****ing ****! Left me there to fight all that crap on my own, you could have helped some, I told you you'd get a share if you did! And what was that about me not making it back? Why wouldn't I make it back? Who the hell do you think I am? And the BERRIES! You were just MOCKING me, you bastard! Where did those other guys go, too? Were their balls too ****ing small to stick around? And what convinced you to leave, the place wasn't even collapsing! Whatever, you damned coward, I get some of those berries!" Once she's done ranting at him, and got blood from her combat-bloodied arm on his shirt, she stops to take a breath and grabs some of his berries to eat.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 02:20 AM
R.G.B-

Falcons survivalist insticts did not take a holiday all of the sudden, as such he had a knife drawn on your neck. Unfortunately for him you were far too enraged to notice. And even more unlucky for him, you overpowered him far too easily. The man pushes you off his chest and stands back up, with a heavy sigh.

How in the bloody hell did you SURVIVE?!?!

(3000xp btw. I don't wanna go into details, but +500 just for the badassery of burning down a building. (thats 3000 total, not 3500)

tacocat
2009-12-26, 02:34 AM
Ai Zhen

Ai Zhen simply stares, mouth agape at the last few scenes fromk the cameras. Until then she'd had the ups and downs of disappointment and hope, but now came hard pangs of fear. With no idea of what happened here or what might be waiting beneath the sea of vermin, the girl stood, pondering her course of action. The storage room, the very last level, had all she could need and probably all that was available here. It'd be a risk, but at least then she'd have a chance.

But before she could go delving into the bowels of the Vault, perhaps it's only living (if only barely) resident could have some insight on whats went on aorund here...

With that, Ai Zhen made her way to the holding cells.

If i need it to get to the cells too.
Strength [roll0] vs. 9.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 02:41 AM
Ai Zhen-

( Please note that in dangerous situations it's best to supply a perception check once in awhile. :p)

You move through the sea of vermin, your heart pounding, wondering what the connection between such insanl docile monsters, and the dead residence was.

Finally you come to the holding cells door, it's still sealed shut, preventing vermin access. You grab the sides of the automated door with a tight grip, and pull with undiscovered strength, this is hardly the time to be making errors.

Pushing the door aside you see the man from before. He sits in the cell, his hands and arms shrouding his face. The "man" looks up when he hears you enter, and you can see the deformities much closer.

The man looks like a zombie, from cliche'd horror movies, however he isent violent, although a bit eager.

The man pounds at the energy cell with all his might.

Let me out of here! Y-you gotta help me!

(Btw, not sure from your characters history, but the guys a ghoul, if she knows them. )

purepolarpanzer
2009-12-26, 02:45 AM
(Zach posted, DM, btw. He's shooting, he just doesn't know what to roll)
MILO! I'M COMING IN! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME COME BACK! WE CAN GET ANOTHER JOB!
Milo slowly begins to enter the building, one hand on the trigger of the gun, one wrapped around the barrel and the flashlight. Thinking a bit, he slings the carbine and pulls out his father's gun, the Widow Maker. Taking a leather strap, he wraps it around both barrels, securing the flashlight to the gun.
COME ON ZACH!
He cautiously makes his way in, his fingers on both triggers, ready to give something a massive hail of lead.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 02:52 AM
Milo & Zach-

(I know) ( Am I to assume your looking for zach?)

You push through the woefully decrepid compound, moonlight piercing the roofs and walls. The occasional radroach creeps by, causing you to flinch.

After a good 5 minutes of searching you have stil yet to find zach, however you have come to a flight fo stairs leading into a basement level of the complex.

( We will have to stop here until zach posts his shooting-ness. Afterwhich you can continue your guy as you please. Sorry)

tacocat
2009-12-26, 02:54 AM
Ai Zhen

Ai Zhen recoils as the ghoul begins to bang on the confines of his cell, barely suppressing a shriek as she backs away. From the cameras he seemed like a particularly poor, perhaps sick wastelander, but now...

Everything she'd been taught told her this was a monster, something the radiation had created, something that shouldn't be trusted. Yet another part of her nagged to investigate. This part nearly won as she began to choke out an answer until she was stopped. Do not compromise the mission, she'd remembered reading.

"Wh-What... happened here?" She asked, her voice low and beads of sweat on her brow. "Who...? What...?" The girl added, nodding slightly to the man in the cell. She began to get a particularly sick feeling about this place...

Alright, I'll start now... :P

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 03:07 AM
Ai Zhen-

( no need now. :p)

P-please! Hit the control panel! I can't take it!

The ghoul seems too wrapped in the apparent hope at freedom to focus on your inquiries.

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-26, 06:57 AM
You dive next to the trough, crouching low to avoid as many of the blasts as possible. The robotic cowboy advances closer, ensuring a more accurate shot, issuing the same verbal threat as before.

Put up yer hands and drop your weapon!

A volley of lazers escapes the robot, many of which hit the dirt far off from you. A few hit the closest brahmin too you, causing it to collapse over in a pool of blood. You, however, remain unscathed.

Splatter from the brahmin's blood stains Helena's face and armor, as they rain from above. She knows that she could as easily lay there, instead of the brahmin. Closing her left eye, she grits her teeth and from her vantage point, raises her shotgun and takes aim.

[roll0] vs. Small Guns 41 % and I miss...I was going for a targeted shot in its gun-arm (6AP), I defend +1AC

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 01:15 PM
Helena-

The robo-brain does not continue his advance, finding his current vantage point more then sufficiant.

Drop your weapon! Ya'll are on private property! Reach for the sky, partner!

The robo-brain continues it's western styled call for peace as the shoot out continues.

Another volley of lazers flies into the surronding area. One heated blast finally catches you, right on the upper-eye. Your surprised this dident out-right kill you, it did however, manage to blind you in one eye. The heated blast seemed to be less painful then you would have thought, however, and you manage to hold your position without too much recoil.

(( 12 damage, blind in one eye, -5% to armor condition))

tacocat
2009-12-26, 02:12 PM
Ai Zhen

"O-Okay," she said, moving over to the panel beside the cell. Subtly, or perhaps not so subtly, if the ghoul saw, she drew a combat knife with her free hand. While she was willing to help this... person thing... as it cried for help, he was still something that was, quite frankly, gross and monsterous. Not that humans don't have their ugliness.

"I help you and you help me, alright?" She said, looking to the ghoul for a moment before pressing the release.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 02:15 PM
She thrusts her fist into the air, "What do you mean, how did I survive? Who do you think I am!? I'll survive everything, no matter how absurd or impossible the situation, I'll break through every obstacle in my way! I..." she pauses, blushes, then says, "cannot believe I just said that, I sounded like.... gahh!!!" She shakes her head some, then points at Falcon, "Whatever, I don't care if I sounded like a moron there. I did survive, because I decided I would. Simple as that. Good berries, by the way."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 02:23 PM
R.G.B-

Falcon Sheeths the combat knife he had pulled, sitting on a nearby stump and laughing.

Well, happy to see you survived, im guessing that was your doing

He says this while pointing off to the smoke in the distance.

Ai Zhen-

The energy field drops, and with it so does the ghoul. The man dusts himself off, checking his clothing for any wrinkles.

Th-thanks. The names Boris. So..... How... Hmm... What the hell are you doing here anyways? I thought he already took out all the others?

tacocat
2009-12-26, 02:33 PM
Ai Zhen

"Ai Zhen," she said, laying her hand over her chest a moment, her heart still pounding. "And I'm just here looking for food and water, maybe a few other things, is all."

She pauses, shooing a radroach away from her. "But, you said something about others? You mean the people downsairs, right? They're... they're all dead alright..."

Ai Zhen shudders at the images still left in her head. "Please, can you tell me what happened here?"

In case he doesnt wanna give it up...
Speech [roll0] vs. 9%

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 02:42 PM
Ai Zhen-

The ghoul takes out an inhaler, and medicates himself before continuing the conversation.

Y-Yeah. It's a long story so...

To make things simple, this vault was intruded by.. something. Somekind of monstrocity. I just call it "him" now. It looks relitivly human but... well.. it's eyes are white, and it doesent even need to touch you to hurt you.

It's a horrible creature. Im not even sure how it got in the vault. It was about half a year before we were to open the vault and head into the wastes, but, I don't know what happened.

As for the others, the creature got them. All of them. He brainwashed them somehow, forced them into the generator room and had them KILL themselves!

The only reason I know this much is because I managed to baracade myself in my office for some time. But, I don't know how it happened. It got in here, and it got me too. It sealed me, and many others in the reactor room. I managed to find some loose paneling and got out, the others though... Their....

That's not the point, right now we have to get out of here. He could be anywhere right now!

tacocat
2009-12-26, 02:59 PM
Ai Zhen

"Wait!" the girl said, grabbing the ghoul by the arm. Instantly her hand recoiled at the touch, almost wiping itself on her pants. She momentarily looking up, only somewhat apologetic underneath her shock. "We're too far away from anything, even if we got out it'd only be for... a day or two? I don't know."

Wetting her lips, she continued, "Please, we have just have to grab a few things, not much, and then make a break for it."

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 03:38 PM
Ai Zhen-

(( I rolled aspeech check for you. If that's ok. This is a situation where it's needed))

The ghoul stops in place when you hold him back. He rubs his arm after you release him, a bit surprised at your strength.

Nice Grip The ghoul says rubbing his arm.

Grumble... Hrm.. Fine, do you have a gun or something? Im not about to go any further without something to protect me.

((Dun dun dun duuun, ally! :p Boris the overseer has joined your party. :p)

tacocat
2009-12-26, 04:08 PM
Ai Zhen

((That's okay, still figuring things out. ><))

Ai Zhen smirked faintly. "Here," she said, handing over her combat knife to Boris. "There's an equipment room in the Atrium that should have a few more things we need before we head on down."

The girl drew her sword, heading back to the hallyway. "Not all of its stuff's been destroyed. No worries, I checked it through that computer!"

With Boris in tow, she begins to head down to the Atrium.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 04:12 PM
"Indeed it is. Burned down the whole place after fighting my way through some feral ghouls." She grins a bit, "You, however, ran like a yellow-bellied mutt. And I beat you at cards. You ever get the feeling, you kinda suck?" She is obviously just mocking him, not being serious.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 04:21 PM
R.G.B-

Falcon seems to ignore the mocking, a mischevous grin on his face.

Right, well. My contract with you is up anyways. So why don't we have ourselves another little gamble? If you can get back to town on your own, I will accompany you whever you head to next.

If you don't though, and by some miracle survive the wastes, you gotta give me that shiny lil case of yours.

All the while he sits on the stumb, munching on berries.

Ai Zhen-

Sigh, it'll have to do. The ghoul says as he takes the knife.

The ghoul heads off after you to the atrium, wading through the roaches, a look of disgust on his face.

So where you from anyways? Why are you all the way out in the middle of nowhere?

After a few moments you come to an open doorway, one of the few you've seen so far. The atrium has been intruded apon no doubt, possibly during the attack that boris mentioned. However it seems the area is clear for now. You both trudge through the mess of roaches as you make your way to your next destination.

((The afformentioned rooms are here, and a stairwell to the sublevel))

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 04:27 PM
She smiles and kicks some dirt at him, "You're on. The wastes got nothin' against me." She sets down some stuff at his feet. "You didn't stay with me through the mansion, but you got me here. And, I'll see you back in town, with my shiny case."

Stuff
3 days of water and rations
500 pre-war dollars
bottle of extremely aged liquor

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 04:30 PM
R.G.B-

Falcon takes the waters and items and gathers up his gear, walking off into a completely different direction then where you thought town was.

Seeya there! Ooh, no I wont.

The man gives this last taunt before disspearing into the night.

((Outdoorsman yes please now kindly?))

tacocat
2009-12-26, 04:39 PM
Ai Zhen

"I guess I was just... looking for some help. I have nowhere else to go, really," she said, her voice lowering. "...And ...I really don't want to talk about where I was from, sorry..." She continues on with a little bit of a pout.

"But... uhm, what... are... you?" Ai Zhen askes, chewing her lip again as she moved toward the equipment closet cautiously.

Sneak vs. 38%.
Speech [roll0] vs. 9%.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 05:13 PM
Ai Zhen-

The ghoul seems a bit befuddled by your question.

What do ya meen? Im boris, I told you that.

You both come to the "equipments" room, the door unfortunately sealed shut as well. It'll take a little effort to budge.

You both work at opening the door, it soon comes screeching open, causing alot of the bugs to scatter. There are at least 2 crates that have yet to have been busted into.

R.G.B-

You head off into the forest of dead trees, trying to retrace your steps to the town quickly as possible. Unfortunately, you are stopped short by a very unfavorable sound. A low growling can be heard, although you can't see where or what is making the noise.

(Sequence? Your turn. )

tacocat
2009-12-26, 05:53 PM
Ai Zhen

Ai Zhen mirrors the ghouls confusion. Was he not aware of how he looked? Just how long had he been in there? Regardless, Ai Zhen was not about to look a gift Brahmin in the mouth, but if they saw the light of day again, she'd be sure to ask away then.

She looks to the crates, a hopeful grin creeping up her face. She tries opening the first one. "Here we go."

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-26, 06:25 PM
Blake looks carefully in the direction of the offending noise, and growls back at it, getting ready to beat it down if it approaches.

moving back 2 hexes, and speech [roll0] vs. 40 for intimidation, if possible

DMBlackhart
2009-12-26, 08:22 PM
Ai Zhen-

Busting open the crate grants you a small cache of supplies. Boris immediatly takes a few of the items, but leaves enough for you to make use of.

Unless otherwise noted, all the gear is at 90% condition

2 Colt 10MM

Min. ST: 3 W: 4 lbs. Dmg: +6 Rng: 19 AP
S: 5 T: 6

1 set (3) throwing stars. (Boris Took)

Min. ST: 1 W: 1 lb. Dmg: 1d6 Rng: 15 AP
S: 3 T: 4 B: N/A

2 Frag Grenades

Min. ST: 3 W: 1 lb. Dmg: 1d12+22 Rng: 15
AP S: 5 T: N/A B: N/A

1 Police Uniform (Leather armor) (Boris Took)

W: 8 lbs. AC: 15 N: 2/25 L: 0/20 F: 0/20
P: 0/10 E: 0/20

R.G.B-

(( It's charisma in that case. Since, speech is more for... talking. :p Basically, if it doesent fit a skill category use an attribute))

Out from behind a small cluster of dead trees, troding on tired and bloodied paws, are three VERY hungry wolves.

The pack leader is obvious by the size differences. It is, of course, the leader who makes the first move.

With a spring and a howl the wolf leader pounces at you. Immediatly after the other wolves follow cue. You manage to knock the leader to it's side, unfortunately the opening left allows the other wolves in at you. Their claws dig into you, scraping into your chest and stomach.

((15 damage!!! 0_0, -2% to armor condition.)) ((Endurance Check or you are kncoked down))

tacocat
2009-12-26, 10:15 PM
Ai Zhen

Ai Zhen takes one of the pistols, handing the other to Boris. She does, however, pocket the grenades. "Hold onto this, maybe there's some bullets in this one."

She shuffles over to the next crate, opening the next one.

10mm and 2 Frag Grenades added to inventory, total weight: 39 lbs.

Arq Kujos
2009-12-27, 12:00 AM
Milo& Zach-

OOC: Sorry for the hold up.

Zach panicked. He squeezed the trigger as hard as he could, and the handgun responded.

I think I can get off two shots in a round, thanks to my 9 in Agility.
Shot #1: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Shot #2: [roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Well, I was trying to beat a 38, but in his panic, Zach missed both shots. F**k my life.

I hope this works.

Unfortunately, Zach made a major mistake. He gripped his gun so tightly that the recoil caused his aim to be way off. Well, that, and he probably should have opened his eyes long enough to aim. Still, the unmistakable sound of gunfire filled the room for a few brief moments.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-27, 12:51 AM
Ai Zhen-

You're held breath is quickly wasted as you open the second crate. It was empty, entirely empty!

Damn.... That's... Just great.

Boris checks the gun, seeing it's clip is still full.

I thought the instructions said the clips would be stored seperatly... Thats... moronically dangerous. You- you ready?

A short, high pitched squeel can be heard from far off. Your not entirely sure what caused it, it dident sound human, but whatever it was made boris jump outof his skin.

Milo & Zach-

The gun fires off twice, the room is pierced with a screeching boom. Shortly after there is silence. Unfortunately you can feel it, a body, pressed up against yours. The women, is she... grabbing you? Or... No, she is laying on you. You can feel a smooth trickle on your stomach, a warm liquid streaking onto your shirt.

(( yes, she died. Taking into account the fact she was maybe 2 feet away, a miss WOULD be possible, just unlikely. Which, modifiers had to be taken into account. Your second attack hit btw.))

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-27, 01:08 AM
Blake steps back slightly before grabbing the old pre-war clothes out of her back, wrapping them around the wolves head's a bit before getting ready to really defend herself.

As discussed, one wolf has 3 rounds of blindness, another has 1 round, and my AC is 22% for now.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-27, 01:23 AM
R.G.B-

You toss some clothing around the wolves who pounced on you. This manages to blind one as it struggles to rip free, the other one, and it's leader from before, however, are not so easily fooled. The both of them swipe their claws at you, trying to tear a piece of you free.

The lead wolf manages to take out a large cut on your already damaged leg, but that's not enough to keep you down.

(( -10hp, -2% armor condition))

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-27, 01:28 AM
Blake runs off past them, going at full speed. I'm as fast as they are, so if I go so fast I can't attack, then they should'nt be able to either. They're starving, and worn out, so if I run them and get them a bit tired, then I drop the food and some water I've got, they should take the easier alternative.

Blake is doing exactly as her mental plan says. Run like hell toward the town.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-27, 01:33 AM
R.G.B-

You dash off away from the wolves, your only hope now being to out run the starving beasts. Evident signs on them prove that the task of out enduring them is possible...

((Endurance & Outdoorsman check please.))

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-27, 01:40 AM
Blake runs toward town, still worn out from her encounters with the mansion and anger at Falcon, but navigates the wastes away from the wolves as effectively as possible. Once the wolves seem to be realizing how annoying their situation is, she drops the food off along with some water.

tacocat
2009-12-27, 01:42 AM
Ai Zhen

"Sure is, wonder who used to run this Vault," Ai Zhen said, grateful to have another gun with some more ammo. As she headed out she stopped, mid-step, hearing the squeal. It sent a definite shivver down her spine. "C-C'mon. Let's keep low and hurry!"

Stepping carefully though the Vault now, but not without a sense of urgency, Ai Zhen makes her way down the stairs to the lower level. She glances around, sword drawn again, wary of anything other than the chittering of roaches and her ghastly companion.

Sneak vs. 38%.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-27, 01:43 AM
R.G.B-

What had it been? An hour? Two? Maybe three? you lost track as you ran, and ran, and ran. Your lungs fill with fire and ice at the same time, your breathing becomming horribly sporadic.

However, finally it comes, the light of a rising sun pierces your eyes as you see it, redding is just a few meters off. You exit the edge of the forest, stumbling and gasping for air. A few concerned citizens look your way, but no one immediatly does anything as you stumble into the streets, beate and bloodied.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-12-27, 01:48 AM
Blake catches her breath and walks back into the bar where her adventure began, laughing maniacally, "VICTORY IS MINE!!! HAAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Queen of the mother****ing wastes! Falcon! Where are you!? where is Falcon, the douchebag!"

Dir-Arstil
2009-12-27, 04:57 PM
Helena-
The robo-brain does not continue his advance, finding his current vantage point more then sufficiant.
Drop your weapon! Ya'll are on private property! Reach for the sky, partner!
The robo-brain continues it's western styled call for peace as the shoot out continues.
Another volley of lazers flies into the surronding area. One heated blast finally catches you, right on the upper-eye. Your surprised this dident out-right kill you, it did however, manage to blind you in one eye. The heated blast seemed to be less painful then you would have thought, however, and you manage to hold your position without too much recoil.
(( 12 damage, blind in one eye, -5% to armor condition))

Helena breathed heavily, feeling the scorching pain of the lazer blast only give way to the heat of her own blood, pouring from the open wound on her face, staining her armor. To give up her gun, to admit defeat just like that was something she hated. But what was she thinking not surrendering earlier? Was it the thought that perhaps the robot was programmed to shoot her down anyway or was it her pride alone? Survival always had to come first! She could not know the condition of her battered eye, but if it meant she was blinded for good, she should stop now before it was too late.
Kissing her shotgun's barrel, Happiness is a warm gun she whispered and then dropped it on the ground.
"All right! I surrender! Don't shoot!" she shouted towards the robot, emerging cautiously from behind the trough, ready to duck back down in case of need.

Arq Kujos
2009-12-28, 09:13 AM
Milo & Zach-

The gun fires off twice, the room is pierced with a screeching boom. Shortly after there is silence. Unfortunately you can feel it, a body, pressed up against yours. The women, is she... grabbing you? Or... No, she is laying on you. You can feel a smooth trickle on your stomach, a warm liquid streaking onto your shirt.

(( yes, she died. Taking into account the fact she was maybe 2 feet away, a miss WOULD be possible, just unlikely. Which, modifiers had to be taken into account. Your second attack hit btw.))

Zach wasn't sure what happened. He looked down at the woman pressed against him. He carefully wrapped one arm around her and gently lowered her to the floor. Zach flicked his lighter off and holstered his gun. He stood there in the dark for a moment. He thought about what he had seen and about the woman he had shot. She was the first person he had ever shot this close. It was unnerving. Zach took a moment and re-flicked his lighter. Blood had covered his shirt, ruining it. "Aww, damn it." He looked at his shirt for a moment before the smell of blood reminded him of where he was. "I have got to get out of here." Zach did take the knife she was wielding and left the way he came.

Ok, I'm hoping to bump into Milo again so these two can get the heck out of here.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-28, 03:03 PM
Alright! Final notice! ( since I believe I have PMed every so far about it)

I have moved the game to mythweavers! So PLEASE Check the OoC thread to navigate off to the new gaming thread.

PM me "vault boy" when you get there, so I can set up your gaming thread if it isent yet crafted!