PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions For Writing A Bones (TV Series)/New World of Darkness Crossover

Leliel
2009-12-18, 11:35 PM
Anyway, an idea that's been occurring to me is a Bones fanfic where she discovers that the fictional universe she's in is the New World of Darkness, with werewolves, mages, changelings etc.

The basic story idea is that Bones gets a horrifically mangled "corpse" that has several strange attack wounds, such as blood appearing to have been drained surgically without evidence of syringes, a bizarre clear substance laced with what blood there is, not appearing to decay, etc. She, being a scientist, is interested, but she decides to work on it at home.
When she comes back, she finds an unconscious Jack and the body gone ripped. When Hodgins comes to, he appears to have a concussion, making everyone write off what he says about "The guy came back to life" as brain damage...until they review the tapes, at which point Bones sees the Sin-Eater, healed of all wounds, blast out of the body vault and attack the surprised entomologist.

Cue variations on "T-that's n-not p-po-possible" and "AIEEEEE!"

So begins Bones' journey into the hidden and deep shadows of the WoD, slowly uncovering a Seer of the Throne plot to gain control of the Smithsonian's Shadow allowing them to control the knowledge within. Along the way, a few of the team might pick up a supernatural template (Booth makes a perfect Obrimos mage), and Bones comes to terms with a side of reality that refuses to be shackled by logic alone...although a lot of it can. Science is Mostly Right in the NWoD after all.

So, how would you suggest I write this?

Leliel
2009-12-19, 11:39 AM
Is this the wrong forum or something? I'll ask the mods to move it if it is.