PDA

View Full Version : girard as a plural

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-19, 04:23 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0695.html girard was talking about himself and serini, and then used the personal pronoun "us" in the second pannel...

who is us? himself and dorukon? seems unlikely in context to the rest of the monologue...

has this been discussed?

Tijne
2009-12-19, 04:26 AM
I don't want to say it [i]hasn't/[i] been discussed before because I don't really read every thread or post on this forums...

But it's certainly a point I didn't consider til you brought it up!

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-19, 04:30 AM
is it too late to rule out mr scruffy? (jk)

Teddy
2009-12-19, 05:14 AM
I've seen some mentions of it, some assuming that he's refffering to Dorukan and Lirian, and some just favouring the idea of him using the royal third person (which I find more amusing).

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-19, 05:17 AM
possible parasitic or other creature type symbiosis? anyone have any ideas theorys about it?

SPoD
2009-12-19, 09:48 AM
Heirs. Girard is human and won't live forever, so he needs to have some provision for the Gate to be guarded after he dies (assuming he isn't already dead at this point). I imagine a single apprentice, groomed to take over when Girard dies, who then takes his own apprentice and so on. But it could be a small group of them, too.

Forbiddenwar
2009-12-19, 03:02 PM
possible parasitic or other creature type symbiosis? anyone have any ideas theorys about it?

Gasp! He's secretly Apophis! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophis_%28Stargate%29#Apophis) Oh, won't he ever die!:smallwink:

Mando Knight
2009-12-19, 04:17 PM
The "us" is probably referring to "you and me." The spell notifies Girard and Serini by sending a secondary spell effect to them, and it notifies the person activating it by the image and message.

brionl
2009-12-20, 01:39 AM
Tapeworm infestation. Or possibly a mouse in his pocket.

Teddy
2009-12-20, 03:00 AM
The "us" is probably referring to "you and me." The spell notifies Girard and Serini by sending a secondary spell effect to them, and it notifies the person activating it by the image and message.

That only makes half-sense, since "This spell is set to notify [Serini] and us that you couldn't leave well enough alone". Soon would already know that and doesn't need a spell to notify him of it.

Herald Alberich
2009-12-23, 01:59 PM
Heirs. Girard is human and won't live forever, so he needs to have some provision for the Gate to be guarded after he dies (assuming he isn't already dead at this point). I imagine a single apprentice, groomed to take over when Girard dies, who then takes his own apprentice and so on. But it could be a small group of them, too.

"Always two, there are ..."

Prowl
2009-12-26, 12:49 PM
Advanced class: "girard" as an adverb.

Asta Kask
2009-12-26, 01:53 PM
He and his familiar.

Neopolis
2009-12-26, 06:42 PM
Advanced class: "girard" as an adverb.
Today, I had a girard delicious meal. :smallsmile:

Gorgondantess
2009-12-26, 06:58 PM
Dorukon managed to live that long, and both he and Girard are mages. Has the potion of longevity been updated to 3e? There's gotta be a non-evil way to extend your lifespan, especially for a wizard.

Asta Kask
2009-12-27, 03:44 AM
There's an epic feat, IIRC.

Sir_Elderberry
2009-12-27, 08:33 PM
Girard is a Borg drone. The next thing the OotS sees will be a cube warping in above them, then: "We are the Borg. Fail your will saves and surrender your magic weapons. You will be assimilated. We will adapt your class features to service us."

snikrept
2009-12-28, 12:07 AM
After he mentions "us," he goes on to say "we" made a bet about how long it would take Soon to break his oath.

If us and we are the ootscribble, then they all seem to have hated Soon, if they are betting on how long it takes Soon to fall into an explosive deathtrap.

If us and we are not the ooscribble, then Girard has multiple allies who are wealthy enough to casually bet 10 thousand gold. High level people. Maybe rulers of kingdoms. Tyrinaria comes to mind.

Spiky
2009-12-28, 12:31 AM
is it too late to rule out mr scruffy? (jk)

Not quite. Mr. Scruffy's great, great, great, great, great, great grandparent.

Definitely.

The_Weirdo
2009-12-28, 01:03 AM
After he mentions "us," he goes on to say "we" made a bet about how long it would take Soon to break his oath.

If us and we are the ootscribble, then they all seem to have hated Soon, if they are betting on how long it takes Soon to fall into an explosive deathtrap.

If us and we are not the ooscribble, then Girard has multiple allies who are wealthy enough to casually bet 10 thousand gold. High level people. Maybe rulers of kingdoms. Tyrinaria comes to mind.

That would place the Chaotic Semi-Goodish-Neutral guy that made a point against tyranny in his spell as a friend of at least one Lawful Evil tyrant.