PDA

View Full Version : Idea on Elan's and Nale's father.

Cizak
2009-12-19, 01:26 PM
I just noticed, re-reading some of the comics, that he might actually be dead.

This comic, (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0061.html) panel 5. "No one denies me, Elan. Not father, not you, no one."
Nale is willing to kill Elan for denying him. It's possible that their father in some way dinied Nale and so Nale killed him.

I leave it up to my fellow playgrounders to prove me wrong, you're all so good at that :smallamused:

Thor Person Guy
2009-12-19, 02:31 PM
Not quite.

Commentary from the second book indicates that that goal was the reason he wanted the Talisman of Dorukan: So he could match his father's army with an army of outdated monsters.

Kiaron Hebleth
2009-12-19, 03:56 PM
I've been wondering if Elan will run into his father in the desert. We know that there are seveal armies trying to carve out kingdoms there. It also raises the possiblity of a complicated multiple reunion where Elan's father is the one holding Haley's father to ransom.

Cizak
2009-12-19, 03:58 PM
I've been wondering if Elan will run into his father in the desert. We know that there are seveal armies trying to carve out kingdoms there. It also raises the possiblity of a complicated multiple reunion where Elan's father is the one holding Haley's father to ransom.

Yeah, this has been debated over and over and over and over and over and over. Oh, and over.

Welcome to the forums! :smallsmile:

FujinAkari
2009-12-19, 04:05 PM

This is actually an almost established "fact." We know that the flashback has an imposing "T" as the insignia of Nale and Elan's father, while we know that "Lord Tyranor" (or close) is holding Haley's father. We know that the armies of the desert tend to transform General into Warlord... it certainly makes sense.

Kiaron Hebleth
2009-12-19, 04:29 PM
Yeah, this has been debated over and over and over and over and over and over. Oh, and over.

Welcome to the forums! :smallsmile:

Thanks.

I figured it might have been. I've been lurking for a while and I hadn't seen any other topics about it.

At least I didn't start another V gender/what is MiTD thread.:smallsmile:

This is actually an almost established "fact." We know that the flashback has an imposing "T" as the insignia of Nale and Elan's father, while we know that "Lord Tyranor" (or close) is holding Haley's father. We know that the armies of the desert tend to transform General into Warlord... it certainly makes sense.

In the one clip we've seen of Elan's and Nale's father they are shown in a fairly featureless brownish background. It doesn't seem to be desert, but it could just be some generic battlefield.

Rutskarn
2009-12-19, 06:26 PM
It's entirely possible Nale's already killed Elan's father. I mean, he did say, "nobody denies me" and then lists his father as an example. Seems like a weak thing to say if you haven't already visited punishment on the individual in question.

Or maybe Nale's just blowing hot air.

FujinAkari
2009-12-19, 06:48 PM
It's entirely possible Nale's already killed Elan's father. I mean, he did say, "nobody denies me" and then lists his father as an example. Seems like a weak thing to say if you haven't already visited punishment on the individual in question.

Or maybe Nale's just blowing hot air.

Naaah, as mentioned, the Giant stated that Nale was trying to raise the army of unconverted monsters in order to have a force capable of challenging his Father.

Atronach
2009-12-20, 12:21 AM
An army capable of challenging his father? Nale really is psychotic, seeing how I cannot provide a good reason as to why Nale would bother.

The Extinguisher
2009-12-20, 12:37 AM
An army capable of challenging his father? Nale really is psychotic, seeing how I cannot provide a good reason as to why Nale would bother.

This is Nale we're talking about. He probably wasn't allowed to take the chariot out one night and he ran away swearing revenge.

Atronach
2009-12-20, 04:23 PM
Perhaps, but I still think Nale is psychotic.

Haven
2009-12-20, 05:03 PM
I just noticed, re-reading some of the comics, that he might actually be dead.

I think this is actually probably true, but for a different reason.

First, let's assume the "Nale and Elan's dad is the guy holding Haley's dad captive" theory is correct (further evidence: Elan being the only one who didn't get a last name in the cast page, or anywhere else).

As mentioned in the strip about the maps, Tyrannia no longer exists. So he was probably killed in a violent coup or something.

Now, my guess is that the twist is going to be that Haley's dad took over shortly after that happened, but hasn't been able to send a message to Haley due to plot (hard to get a message to someone who moves around as much as an adventurer, after all).

TengYt
2009-12-20, 05:22 PM
Perhaps, but I still think Nale is psychotic.

I'm pretty sure Nale is psychotic.

Asta Kask
2009-12-21, 04:16 AM
I'm pretty sure Nale is psychotic.

Not psychotic as much as socipathic and narcissistic. And possibly some OCPD thrown in for good measure.

Fenlun
2009-12-21, 08:53 AM

First, let's assume the "Nale and Elan's dad is the guy holding Haley's dad captive" theory is correct (further evidence: Elan being the only one who didn't get a last name in the cast page, or anywhere else).

As mentioned in the strip about the maps, Tyrannia no longer exists. So he was probably killed in a violent coup or something.

I'm guessing that if this was the case, that maybe he was forced out and is now some sort of Desert Warlord :smallyuk:

Evil Mustache
2010-01-17, 09:38 PM

Now, my guess is that the twist is going to be that Haley's dad took over shortly after that happened, but hasn't been able to send a message to Haley due to plot (hard to get a message to someone who moves around as much as an adventurer, after all).

Wow... that would be an very... uncomfortable family reunion for eachother. I bet Haley would be pissed off at her dad.

Gift Jeraff
2010-01-17, 09:57 PM
It seems that Nale's father 'denied' him when he took him aside and told him something (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0046.html). My guess? "You are not Lawful." I mean, c'mon! He hardly is!