PDA

View Full Version : Charging/smite evil two weapon fighting with shield bash

Soranar
2009-12-19, 02:44 PM
My questions

If you charge with a lance (mounted) you get damage x2, does that work with smite evil? Meaning, will it double my smite evil's damage too (or triple it if I get spirited charge)

Secondly, can you use two weapon fighting feats with a shield as a off weapon, and if so could you possibly use improved shield-bash to get the extra AC and the extra attacks?

Andras
2009-12-19, 03:01 PM
As far as I know:

1) Yes, static bonuses multiply.

2) Yes, it counts as a weapon in that regard. Quite a feat investment though.

Soranar
2009-12-19, 03:49 PM
the charge idea was for a small creature paladin build that rides a riding dog (not as sturdy as a large warhorse but better attacks and you get a tracker), also you get to go wherever a medium character goes and you wouldn't trail behind with a small creature's bad movement, you also get the most out of your smite evil attacks (besides , a Paladin is supposed to tank anyway, charging ahead is kind of the point)

the shield-bash idea was for a ranger build, otherwise it would take so many feats as to be counterproductive (unless you're a fighter but you'd lose the weapon focus/specialization bonuses with a shield weapon), and you still need to use a light shield not to suffer a penalty (or a mythril heavy shield) but even at a simple 1d3 (1d4 with spikes) damage the extra attacks and AC seem to be the best of two worlds,

might work with a sneak attack based class too (light shields wouldn't hinder hide and move silently much), weapon finess works with any light weapon too