PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Most Overpowered Build

mage1337
2009-12-19, 04:19 PM
Hey gang,

I've been reading a lot of threads on strong 4E builds, but I'm curious: What is the Playground's concensus on the strongest 4E build, post-recent rules update?

My own thought is that is would be a Warlock/Multi-Class Wizard for additional encounter and daily charm powers, stacking various Warlock save penalties. What are others thoughts?

PS: When discussing, full build posts, or links to them, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sinfire Titan
2009-12-19, 04:24 PM
Overpowered? Orbizards who know where the penalties lie.

Game breaking? Probably the Horizon Walker build that kills the world.

Thajocoth
2009-12-19, 04:27 PM
Hey gang,

I've been reading a lot of threads on strong 4E builds, but I'm curious: What is the Playground's concensus on the strongest 4E build, post-recent rules update?

My own thought is that is would be a Warlock/Multi-Class Wizard for additional encounter and daily charm powers, stacking various Warlock save penalties. What are others thoughts?

PS: When discussing, full build posts, or links to them, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Strongest in what way? Best choice for a solo PC with no allies? Best at a certain party role? Highest Str Score?

How do you compare?:
* A Bugbear Shock Trooper Tempest Fighter dealing striker damage without sacrificing being one of the best defenders.
* A Bard who dips into every other healing class, gaining lots of extra heals and ways to cause saves to keep his party alive.
* A Swarm Druid who slows with their melee basic (good for AoOs), and whenever they're damaged gain CA and either shift for free or take less damage, with a few daily heals and an aura of bright light that grants allies a bonus to all saves.

They're good in such different ways that you can't really compare HOW good they are.

Aron Times
2009-12-19, 04:59 PM
When it comes to buffing, nothing can beat the Battle Captain. My favored build is Tactical Warlord/Wizard/Battle Captain/Demigod. Basically, paragon tier and higher warlords grant the entire party a bonus to initiative equal to their secondary ability score (+5 at level 11, +8 at level 11). That ensures that your party will often go first, gaining an extra turn against the enemy.