PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help optimizing a Hellbred Binder 14

Thurbane
2009-12-20, 12:12 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for help with optimizing a build. At the moment, it's for use as an NPC, but if I like the concept enough I might use the build for a future PC I run.

Stiplulations are this: race (Hellbred with Body aspect) and class are non-negotiable (the only possible change to class would be a PrC that advances binding, but no other multiclassing or dipping is allowed). The less books involved, the better. Ideally, it would just be PHB, ToM and FC2, plus MIC for gear. Strictly no psionics, incarnum or ToB. Beginning stats would be elite array (8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15), and current character level is 14.

My aim for this build is to be a consummate Binder, and to make the most of his Devil Touched feats.

Here's my preliminary build:

Hellbred Binder 14

STR 13
DEX 10
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 8
CHA 16

1 Devil's Tongue
B Devil's Favor
3 Devil's Flesh
B Devil's Stamina
B Improved Binding
6 Expel Vestige
9 Ignore Special Requirements
B Rapid Pact Making
12 Skilled Pact Making
B Devil's Aura

- Bluff 5
- Diplomacy 17
- Gather Information 5
- Intimidate 7
- Sense Motive 17

Optimystik
2009-12-20, 03:11 AM
Have you checked here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=137.0) yet?

Myrmex
2009-12-20, 03:19 AM
CharOp tends to assume EVERYTHING is on the table, which makes it a little difficult to use when you're restricted to a handful of sources. Especially when you have to cross-reference everything with a Crystalkeep index to see where it came from.

Unfortunately I've never played anything out of ToM, so I cannot help you. I hear good things about Anima Mage, though.

Optimystik
2009-12-20, 03:26 AM
Anima Mage is ridiculously good - just like any other class with full wizard casting and metamagic reducers.

But if you dislike a fine brie, Knight of the Sacred Seal is perhaps the best "pure" binding PrC. Pick Savnok as your patron and you'll be an excellent tank.

Thurbane
2009-12-20, 08:26 PM
Cool, KotSS...might go into it after the bonus feat at level 11...that way the only thing I miss out on is resistance to energy drain. I'll post up my new build when I'm back at my books. BTW, I know how kick@$$ Anima Mage is, but that's not what I'm looking for in this build.

The next thing to consider is equipment. Anything from PHB, DMG and MIC is fair game.

Plus the Binding magic items from the ToM, onviously.

Draz74
2009-12-20, 08:35 PM
The next thing to consider is equipment. Anything from PHB, DMG and MIC is fair game.

The only thing that really jumps out at me is the Veil of Allure (MIC p. 145). 14k gp, +2 to most/all of your Binder Save DCs.

Mostly, you just want to pick a lot of the good items that almost everybody can use ... Tome of Worldly Memory, Rod of Viscid Globs, Steadfast Boots ...

Thurbane
2009-12-20, 08:41 PM
The only thing that really jumps out at me is the Veil of Allure (MIC p. 145). 14k gp, +2 to most/all of your Binder Save DCs.
Nice catch. But I'm getting a hilarious mental picture...a big, burly fiendish guy in an "I Dream of Jeanie" pink veil! :smallbiggrin: