PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Knighthood?

Mr. Versipellis
2009-12-20, 05:54 PM
I have OTOOPC's in the post, so no spoilers please!
Has anyone ever wondered why Roy is called SIR Greenhilt? I can't help wondering what sort of heroic deed he did to deserve that title.

Ancalagon
2009-12-20, 05:55 PM
Doesn't the "Sir" here just mean: "male"? Like "Mister"?

FabuVinny
2009-12-20, 05:56 PM
He doesn't have a knighthood.

And don't call me "Sir". (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0010.html)

Does anyone besides V even call him that?

Dienekes
2009-12-20, 05:56 PM
Or he was trained by a knight. There's really no heroic deed necessary to become a knight.

(though since he was trained in Fighter College this does seem a bit less likely)

I'm guessing Ancalagon has the right of it though.

FujinAkari
2009-12-20, 06:08 PM
Sir Greenhilt is the honorific equivalent of Miss Starshine. It is merely a sign of respect.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-20, 09:54 PM
V really likes using honorifics I'm guessing. It's part of hir character.

Hey, Versi, what happened to that project you were working on?

Haven
2009-12-20, 10:29 PM
I assume that's just V calling Roy that because V respects him so much. (As for what he did to earn that respect...well, you'll see when your mail arrives. :smallbiggrin:)

B.I.T.T.
2009-12-21, 12:01 AM
Well...most people would tell you that it's a bit of a tip of the hat to the age old Peanuts comic strip, specifically when Marcy would call Peppermint Patty "sir" and Peppermint Patty would respond with "...and don't call me 'sir'!" (though I'm not sure if that ever happened outside the Charlie Brown specials).

But those people are unaware of the true evil conspiracy that V in his (or her) evil wicked mind is planning. You see in calling Roy "Sir Greenhilt" V was hoping that Roy would become corrupt with power. Soon (no pun intended) he wouldn't be satisfied with just stopping Xykon, but he would be after bigger and better titles. First "Sir" then "King" or "Emperor" or even the ultimate highest of all titles...the highest of all possible honors..."Bartender".

Fortunately, Roy had his feet firmly planted on the ground. Albeit at a higher velocity then he would have preferred.

...or maybe I just drink too much coffee.

Atronach
2009-12-21, 10:06 AM
No, I believe it is just out of respect.

dps
2009-12-21, 12:00 PM
V call Roy "Sir Greenhilt" because that way she get to use twice as many words than she would if she just said "Roy". :smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2009-12-21, 12:20 PM
Knight isn't a terrible choice for Roy anyway, with his Charisma - though he wouldn't like the whole "don't flank anyone" part of the Code.

Scarlet Knight
2009-12-22, 01:53 PM
:elan: "Oooo! Oooo! I can be your herald! "

:roy: "Can I be un-knighted? No really, here are my spurs..."

Mariel Dragon
2009-12-25, 12:55 PM
It's at least better than Mister Greenhilt

:mitd: Wake up, Mr. Greenhilt. Wake up and smell the ashes.

In unrelated news, I now know the MitD's identity.