PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, stupid question regarding which topic that something would belong in

Gamerlord
2009-12-20, 05:59 PM
So, I wanted to start a structured game in the structured game section, but then I noticed that the rules for the game were more like the rules for a roleplaying game, and there would be a fair amount of roleplaying in the game, and most all of the stuff in structured games is mafia or werewolf or variants thereof. So now I don't know which topic to put this in(Work in progress)

So, hello, my name is Gamerkid, you might not know me on this part of the forums, that is because I have never really participated in a structured game, but that is now changing, now, I am HOSTING one. So forgive me if this game stink.
The rules are this:
1.Assign the following scores in any stat you wish: 14,12,16
Strength: Determines how many hits you can take, and how hard you hit.
Agility: Determines the usual stuff a dexterity-like stat determines
Intelligence : This is pretty much what WIS,CHA, and INT do in D&D. How eloquent you are, how aware you are, and how smart you are.
Like in D&D, every 2 points after 10 garners you a bonus to certain things (i.e 12 is a +1 and so on), also, strength determines how many hit points you have, so 16 means 16 hit points. Also, intelligence helps with mage casting and strength aids in elemental servant Power points.

2.Pick a race:
Human-Pick one additional training, 2 more to stat of choice.
Dwarf- 100 gold pieces at start, +2 strength.
Elf- Training in navigation and nature, +2 intelligence.
Orc- Extra 6 hit points, +2 strength
Chaosborn- 6 power points, +2 strength.
Halfing- Can use a fools luck power to force me to reroll one roll of choice a day, also, you're lucky to the point of insanity, many a good thing happens to you, +2 agility.

3. Pick a class:
Fighter: Can use any weapon and any armor, two trainings, additional 10 hit points.
Rogue: Can use all weapons but the advanced weapons, can use up to leather armor. Five trainings, also is resourceful, as in, you are better at doing unusual tasks( i.e disabling a trap or building a weapon from some scraps.) Starts with 50 gold pieces.
Mage: Cliche D&D wizard,starts with one spell per intelligence modifier (i.e with a 12 you start with 1 spell, 14 2 spells, etc.), can only use daggers and clubs, no skill with armor, one training. Can learn additional spells by training or copying scrolls. Can casts as many spells as he has intelligence.
Cleric: You know what this is! Can cast spells as many times as he has "Favor" with his chosen deity, starting favor is 10, you earn more by becoming you gods pet mortal, and lose favor by displeasing your deity of choice, different gods grant different powers. One training. Can use all weapons except advanced weapons and can use all armor.
Elemental servant: Use "Power points" to cast spells, starts with as many power points as he has strength. Has a special list of spells. Two trainings. Can use the longsword,shortsword,dagger,and club. Cannot use any armor.
4. Grab your gear!
Depending on your class, you have different gear, you start out broke unless you're playing a dwarf or rogue (Or both!).
Fighter: Scale armor and greatsword.
Rogue: Leather armor,shortsword, and shortbow.
Mage: Club.
Cleric: Warhammer and chainmail.
Elemental servant: Longsword.

Also, armor aids in the defense of your character, your AC starts at a 0, and the armor increases that, so does your dexterity if you are wearing Hide armor or worse.
Leather armor: +2
Hide armor: +3
Chain mail: +4
Scale: +5
Half-plate:+6
Full plate:+7

Also: WEAPONS!
Simple weapons:
Dagger: 2 damage
Club: 3 damage
Advanced weapons:

Which topic should I put this in: play by post or structured games? All the rolling would be done by me, but still....

Roland St. Jude
2009-12-20, 06:08 PM
Play by post.

Gamerlord
2009-12-20, 06:09 PM
Thank you very much.