PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Fugue [IC]

Elagune
2009-12-20, 06:37 PM
[Beginning]

The six of you wake up in a room that looks something like a temple - except ruined. Fragments of glass are scattered on the ground - probably a result of whatever destroyed the stained glass mosaics which hung high up on the wall. A combination of time and erosion has weathered this place, but it has stood. Groggily, each of you get up, wondering exactly who you are who these other people are. What has happened here? What are you doing?

In front of you, in the middle of the room, lies an altar. On it, floats a gigantic crystal. Its surface is absolutely flawless, its colour a beautiful blue. Then, seconds after you notice it, it glows and takes in energy, brightening the room. Three seconds later it explodes, sending shrapnel flying everywhere. Luckily, each of you dodge the bits and pieces, but now the crystal is gone.

Crystal shards lie around the room, but there is something strange about the largest six. They float in the air, defying gravity, and spin around each of you.

Six crystal shards appear in front of you all...

In the first one stands a warrior, proud and tall. His firey red locks seem to lick at the sun, and the gigantic sword at his side stands as a testament to his might. In his arm is a shield, one that protects his devotion. He looks at you with a smile, confident and strong. He is the Knight.

In the second one hops a fighter, jumping to and fro with furious flying kicks. His brown hair covers partially the blue headband that he wears. With a cry, he shatters the wooden logs in front of him, sending them crumbling to the ground. Turning around, he greets you with a bow. He is the Monk.

In the third one a green-wearing, sly figure stands at the top of a house, cackling madly. Over his shoulder is slung a large bag, bulging with all sorts of things. A gold piece falls out of a small hole, and he dextrously catches it in mid-air without looking. A cocky grin stands on his face. He is the Thief.

In the fourth one sits a enigmatic man, pouring over the pages of a mystic grimoire in front of him. With a snap of his fingers, he lights a candle sitting on the table with magical ease. His yellow eyes stare from within deep darkness, displaying no emotions. He is the Black Mage.

In the fifth one a pink-haired woman smiles as she puts her hand over the head of a child. The boy is crying, his knees scraped and bruised. A soft green glow fills the room, and the child is healed. The woman gently brushes his hair back, before looking towards you with an angelic face. She is the White Mage.

In the sixth one fights a brown-haired man, clad in blue robes and wearing a blue mask. The monster he is fighting hits him with a gust of wind, and the man glows. He returns in kind, summoning up a tornado that knocks the beast out of the skies. Bloodied and bruised, he smiles in victory, looking at you. He is the Blue Mage.

The crystal shards spin around you for a second, and glows brilliantly and warmly. You feel something awaken inside of you, disoriented as you are...

Thana has become a [Knight]!
Surg has become a [Monk]!
Ralix has become a [Thief]!
Eri has become a [Black Mage]!
Lay has become a [White Mage]!
Stefen has become a [Blue Mage]!

Suddenly, metallic footsteps come from behind you, behind the gigantic door. There are voices, some of them sound worried, while others sound angry. From the clanking, they seem to be wearing heavy armour...

In front of you, behind the altar, is another door. This one is smaller, almost ruined. You have no idea where this goes.

You have no memories of yourselves. No memories of each other. You have absolutely no idea what you are doing here, or why you guys are amnesiac. You are a blank slate, surrounded by five other blank slates...

What do you do?

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 06:41 PM
Layla feels the energy of pure life flow through her after the flash. She also hears the footsteps and notices the staff in her hand.
Whats going on?

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 06:54 PM
"Who cares?!" Ralix yelps as he leaps up and takes off running towards the ruined door across the room. If the voices outside wanted the crystal, and they came in the room to only find them and no crystal, he didn't want to find out what would happen. Angry people in heavy armor seemed like something to avoid at all costs. "Don't just stand there, lady! RUN!!"

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 06:57 PM
Layla leaps up.
Not yet. We have to make sure everyone is ok.
Natural white Mage thing to do. She walks around asking everyone if they are hurt or need help.

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 06:57 PM
Surg blinked slowly as his vision cleared. With the glowing blue light gone, he suddenly felt much more... at peace. Who he was, what he was doing here, it seemed slightly more distant, less upsetting than it had a second ago. He felt... a little more balanced. Perhaps that odd crystal had had something to do with it.

He also felt a great energy flowing inside him, focusing in his stomach and fists. The longsword at his waist suddenly felt very heavy. Far heavier than it should have. It seemed strange, that it would feel so... wrong.

He set the blade on the ground, glad to be rid of its weight, and jumped at the sounds outside the door. Someone was coming in.

"I have no idea what's going on, but I think maybe we should see who's on the other side of that door."

Fan
2009-12-20, 07:00 PM
Stefen clutches his wrist as sparks of Blue Mana surge up his arm like a river of electricity, but inwardly is rather fascinated by this turn of events... He knew absolutely nothing about himself, but he inherently knew how to speak, how to walk... A most interesting thing indeed.

He cracked his back... damn that was sore... and began examining the door ways, and listening for forces that might be in front of either of them... Wouldn't want to run head first into a ambush after all!

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:03 PM
Layla starts by walking to Stefen.
Are you alright? Are you injured in any way?

Elagune
2009-12-20, 07:07 PM
BANG!

BANG! BANG!

Armoured arms on the other side of the gigantic door seem to be trying to force their way in. The door is bolted by a large beam - perhaps if you were A-rank or higher in Strength you would be able to move it. Their voices are now close enough to be heard clearly, but the language they speak in is something that none of you, save Ralix, understand.

"Kad eh drana! Fa ryja du bnudald dra Crystal Core!"

RALIX ONLY:
"Get in there! We have to protect the Crystal Core!"

"Cen, fa lyh'd! Dra tuun ec pynnelytat... Ed'mm dyga ic y frema du pnayg ed tufh! Fa haat du kad dra Magitek Cannons vnus uidceta!"

RALIX ONLY:
"Sir, we can't! The door is barricaded... It'll take us a while to break it down! We need to get the Magitek Cannons from outside!"

"Drah ku kad dras!"

RALIX ONLY:
"Then go get them!"

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:08 PM
The strength and knowledge of a knight fills Thanas mind.The aror over his skin felt ...right.

He took a look at the blade in his hand. It seemed off somehow. He'd look for a different weapon. An axe perhaps or a polearm. He's think on it later. For now there were people to deal with.

"Looks like we have a choice on our hands. Fight or Fight. We have no clue where we are or what we're supposed to be doing. We could hit a wall for all we know. On the other hand here are some people who sound like they know what they're doing. So, I suggest you let me get closest to the door and draw attention. Someone else sneak behind and backstab them while I'm in front!"

He grips the blade and looks around for anything resembling a shield to use, even improvised. It wasn't his choice but it'd do.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know what they are saying?

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:11 PM
"I caught Crystal core and Cannon. Either the were protecting that thing and we'll get the blame for breaking or they wanted to break it and we beat them to it. Either way they won't be happy.

Change of plans. We'll get to either side of the doof and catch them by surprise with a flanking manouver!"

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 07:14 PM
Ralix sighed. No sense in heading off alone and getting himself into even more trouble. Or... Maybe that would be better? He had no idea who anybody here was. Not even himself... But still, there was safety in numbers. With a low groan, he spun on his heels and began to stride back towards the rest of the group.

"C'monnnnnn, we don't have time for this. How do we know the people in armor outside the door won't kill us? They sound angry. What if that crystal was important to them? They're gonna think we blew it up, or stole it, or something like that. Angry people in heavy armor verses us, a bunch of squishy people who don't know who we are or why we got here. Or at least, I don't..." Ralix arched an eyebrow, scratching his the back of his head in confusion. This was really weird... How did they get here? And what was up with all those weird crystals, lights, and images?

For some reason, Ralix felt different. He felt... sneaky. Mischevious. Granted, he already felt that way before. It was part of his personality - he remembered that much at least. But now those feelings were stronger than ever, as though something was encouraging him to be a scoundrel. And for some reason, it just felt... right. Like he was whole for the first time in his life.

Something caught Ralix's attention, and his gaze diverted towards the ground. A sword... One of the big guys had put it on the ground. And now his attention was diverted elsewhere. For some reason, Ralix wanted to take it. He knew better than that, though. It wasn't a good idea to piss off your only hope for survival only three seconds after you meet them... "Seriously, folks. If we stay and fight, we probably won't stand a chance. Especially if we, k'know, leave our swords lying around..." he nodded at the blade on the floor with a smirk. "I think you'll be needing that, Mister... uh... Yeah, that's a problem. My name's Ralix. And by the way, did I mention that we need to go?"

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:14 PM
Lesly doesn't know what to do.
Ummm... I'll just wait over here. Jut tell me if you need me.
She quickly walks as far from the door as possible. She looks at Ralix.
Im not going. It would be mean to leave these people here.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 07:20 PM
"Hm?" Ralix arches an eyebrow as he hears the people outside speaking a language he can somehow understand. He mutters to himself as he translates mentally. "Protect the Crystal Core? Barricaded door? Break it down?! CANNONS?!" he yells in horror, his eyes wide with shock and terror. "Change of plans, folks! They're pissed, and they're gonna blow down the door to protect the thing we DESTROYED. So yeah. WE NEED TO GO NOW!!"

Ralix looks at the girl with the staff with a look of desbelief, and then at the rest of the group in the room. He lets out a growl of frustration. "Then we'll grab 'em and take 'em with us! Whatever gets us out of here quickest!"

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 07:21 PM
Surg looks at Ralix with an eyebrow raised and smiles when he motions to the blade he'd possessed.
"Don't you worry about that, Ralix. You want that blade, you can have it." Surg punches one fist into his other hand's open palm. "The name's Surg Stenbuck, and I happen to like my fists, thanks."

He suddenly noticed the twin vipers he had on his wrists. Fitting. His fists would be his fangs.

"They do indeed sound angry. And if they wanted to protect the crystal then they are about to be VERY disappointed. Which might be bad for us."

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:23 PM
"So exactly as I said. We have no terrain knowledge, no escape route. We should take positions on either side of the door and hammer them from both sides as soon as they cross." Thana is already on one side of the door, about three and a half meters from the portal itself. His blade is ready to thrust at whatever comes across.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:24 PM
Layla just continues to stand silently in the far corner.

Elagune
2009-12-20, 07:25 PM
Respond to Stefen's check: There is apparently nothing at the side of the other, ruined door. Through a crack in the ruined wood, you can see an empty hallway that splits off into paths. But the door is hard... moreso than it should be. Perhaps it's due to the erosion? If you were A-rank in Strength, you may be able to open it.

One pair of armoured footsteps die off into the distance, while the banging stopped. Apparently they are waiting now. The silence is heavy - you can feel the anticipation.

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 07:27 PM
"Knight, if they're about to BLOW the door open, you may want to step AWAY from it."

Surg moves toward the back of the room, ready to yank the back door open should they prove to be outnumbered or outgunned.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:31 PM
Thana sighs. He can't pull this off alone and he may as well take the chance, he runs to the door and yanks it off it's frame. He motions for them to go first. He then holds it up as a shield in case of blast debris hitting him.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:33 PM
Layla looks at Thana.
What are you doing? You can't just leave everyone else here.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 07:33 PM
A lightbulb goes off in Ralix's head. He briskly jogs over to the large door the people have been banging on. "Hold on a sec, folks. Lemme see if I can sort this out..."

Ralix clears his throat, and then knocks as loud as he can on the door. He then speaks in that strange language: "Excuse me? Um... We're not sure what's going on. Could you please tell us who you are? We just kinda... woke up here. I know it sounds strange! But we seriously have no idea how we got here, or what's going on..."

He then looks at the rest of his "team" and smiles nervously. "Lets hope they feel like being diplomatic... Ya'll go ahead and run while I try to talk to them."

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:35 PM
Layla feigns a smile at Ralix and gives him a thumbs up.
Hes screwed.
She mutters to herself.

Elagune
2009-12-20, 07:39 PM
After a moment of hesitation, a gruff voice comes in from the other side.

"...Tiscehi ayoh reli. Zned um er Al Bhed tyurk nihi zudn dnimi Returners?"

RALIX ONLY:
"...Declare your name. What is an Al Bhed doing here with these Returners?"

On the other side of the room the ruined door hits the ground with a thump, kicking up dust. The passageway is dark and musty - nobody has been here in years. Made of stone, it seems to head deeper underground...

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:40 PM
What are they saying?!

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:40 PM
"If we're gonna run, we should run NOW!"Thana motions for everyone to go through the small door "Come on, I'll cover you. Go!"

Thana grabs the door and improvises a large and ungainly shield for the moment, using it to shield himself in case shrapnel comes off the blown door.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 07:41 PM
"GO!" Ralix mouths towards the others, waving them off. He then turns back towards the door, and goes back to speaking a language he probably shouldn't know. "My name is Ralix. Ralix Zane. And like I said, I just woke up here a few minutes ago. I honestly have no idea how any of us, including myself, got here. So your guess is as good as mine..."

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:43 PM
We can't leave you here. What if you die?

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 07:47 PM
Surg nods, needing no further encouragement.

Then he notices something out of the corner of his eye. A girl with cat ears seems to still be unconscious on the floor. He hadn't noticed her before.

Picking the girl and her staff up in his arms, he moves down the musty hall, allowing himself one last glance at Ralix before taking his leave.

"Good luck, Ralix!" he calls back.

Elagune
2009-12-20, 07:47 PM
There is a deep breath on the other side... almost shuddering.

"Ralix... Zane?" said the voice. Then it turned bloodcurdling. "RALIX... ZANE?! Ayo mzuri! Dni shyzr bhursi yw dni Al Bhed Ilbuhi tuit wufi aiehm eky! U zucc ryd nefi Returner msol cugi ayo degi num reli! Lir! PHIEG DNUM TYYH TYZR!"

RALIX ONLY:
"Ralix... Zane?" said the voice. Then it turned bloodcurdling. "RALIX... ZANE?! You swine! The crown prince of the Al Bhed Empire died five years ago! I will not have Returner scum like you take his name! Men! BREAK THIS DOOR DOWN!"

The banging returned, this time with a fury.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 07:51 PM
Ralix's eyes go wide in terror. "Oops..." he mutters. He then leaps backwards, spinning around in mid air, and takes off running towards the exit the moment he lands. "RUNNNNNNN!!!! RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!! I MADE IT WORSE!!!! DON'T ASK, JUST RUN!!"

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:51 PM
"I'm not leaving anyone anywhere. Everyone who's leaving leave. I've got the feeling I'm supposed to be first into a fight and last out, and that's whats going to happen." A look of determination crosses his face, his blank mind was filled with ideas of combat, tactics, and a few ideals. He would not break on these ideals, he would not bend or falter not ever. "If this turns nasty you run and I'll cover you."

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:52 PM
What are they so angry about?!
She yells at Ralix as she finally follows him through the door.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:54 PM
"EVERYBODY OUT! GO GO GO!"He leaps to protect those too slow and only advances with the shield/door behind him.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 07:57 PM
"I'm a dead prince, or something like that!" Ralix yelps back at the rabbit-eared girl, stopping at the door to make sure she goes in first. Ralix was a coward, but he also wouldn't feel right putting a girl between himself and the enemy. "Ladies first," he smirks, gesturing down the hallway. He then flashes a nervous grin and adds: "Trust me, you don't want to be between them and me!"

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 07:59 PM
Thana returns the grin. "I don't have much experience WANTING. I've got some instructions from the crystals and some crazy code to live by. I don't have anything else so I'm going to use that!"he still waits til everyone else is through before advancing himself.

Elagune
2009-12-20, 08:00 PM
The passageway is damp and musty. There seems to be several smaller corridors, but as you look deeper they seem to consist mostly of dead-ends. There is a faint smell of... water in the air. After several seconds of running through the corridor, you come across a large chamber.

The chamber is beautiful - hauntingly beautiful. It is made entirely of glass, and keenly decorated in gold and silver. As you walk across the stained floor, you can see through your surroundings. You are underwater, somewhere deep down. All around there are beautiful schools of fish... Aquatic creatures from beyond your dreams. But your worst nightmare as well - there is no exit. This is a dead-end.

There is machinery here. In the center of the chamber is locked gate. On the other side of the room is a mechanical terminal, gently sleeping. Near the terminal are two treasure chests.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:02 PM
She reluctantly goes ahead of Ralix but continues talking to him.
Dead prince?! Wow... If thats what you are I can wait to find out what I was.
She is a little to excited for a scenario where her life is at stake.

As they enter the room Layla stops amazed.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 08:04 PM
Ralix nods at the guy bringing up the rear as he heads into the hallway. He had to admit, the guy's sense of duty was impressive. Hopefully it wouldn't get him killed... "Heh, I never said I was the prince. I just have his name. Haven't you noticed that I'm too much of a scoundrel to be a prince? Hah hah!"

When Ralix gets to the chamber, he grins. Its just so pretty. Instinctively, he walks towards the terminal. He had a feeling that he might know a thing or two about it. As he approaches the terminal, he looks around at the machinery in the room. What could it do? What is its purpose? He also eyes the locked gate, pondering if he might be able to slip through or maybe break in somehow.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:06 PM
Layla looks through the treasure chests. She doesn't actually take anything but she does look. By the way, what does she see?

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 08:07 PM
Thana looks all around. Any predatory looking fish? Can he see the surface?

Elagune
2009-12-20, 08:08 PM
In the left treasure chest is:
[Worn Shield] x1
[Potion] x3
2000 Gil

In the right treasure chest is:
[Mage Masher] x1
[Ether] x2
[Pile of Scraps] x3
1000 Gil

There are no predatory fish around, and the surface can be seen, but is much too far. Light does reach down, but most of the light is supplied by the lights in the chamber.

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 08:10 PM
Surg looks awestruck at the room, eyes glued most of all at the panoramic view around them. So many creatures, so much life all around. The lack of an exit was distressing, but this seemed a very nice place to die.

Slowly, he steps into the room, the catgirl still resting unconscious in his arms. He hovers somewhat reluctantly in the middle of the room, content to let the others do the treasure hunting for now.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:11 PM
Layla picks up the Mage Masher and looks at it. She studies the rapier carefully. Still not stealing.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 08:12 PM
As Ralix pokes around the terminal to see if he can figure out how to work it, he notices the rabbit-eared girl looking through the treasure chests. He catches a glimpse of the scrap parts, and smirks. "You gonna use that? I might be able to do something with it... If that's okay with you, Missss...?" he arches an eyebrow, curious as to what her name is.

Elagune
2009-12-20, 08:12 PM
[OOC: Er, sorry. The Mage Masher is a dagger. Should've made that clearer.]

Suddenly, the terminal boots up. Ralix had inadvertently brushed by a touch-control sensor at the side of the terminal. Lines of text run down the screen, ending in gibberish. The screen bugs out, before going into what seems to be administrator mode.

[INPUT USERNAME]

Strangely enough, this terminal seems to operate in Common rather than that language from before.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 08:16 PM
"I have an idea" Thana says "We break the glass and float to the top. We use potions to heal ourselves once the air deprivation begins getting to us. We should catch them by surprise and escape since they're weighed down by heavy armor"

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:17 PM
Oh really? I could have sworn the Mage masher was a rapier. Oh well.

Oh great thief. What did you do?

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 08:18 PM
Surg looks at Thana as if he were insane.

"I-I... don't even know how to respond to that. That is a horrible, horrible idea."

Elagune
2009-12-20, 08:18 PM
[Mage Masher (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mage_Masher): Lots of different varieties. This time I'm going with the dagger, though.]

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 08:20 PM
"You got a better one? We have armed men chasing us down and no exit"

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 08:21 PM
Surg looks around at the surrounding machinery.

"Well, maybe some of this will help us. And if nothing else we can fight. We don't know how many there are, but if we bottleneck them inside the corridor we should be able to hold our own. Over all, our defensive position is better than back in the Crystal Room."

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 08:24 PM
"Apparently, I turned it on..." Ralix shrugged. If she was going to be rude and not give him her name, nor refer to him by his, he didn't see any reason why he should be nice and polite to her. Granted, he could have taken it a step further and tried his best to be obnoxious, but there was no sense in making things worse. He then eyes the dagger. "Oooh, shiney..." After he stares at the dagger for a few seconds, he returns his attention to the monitor. "Part of me wants to type my name in, since it seems to be important. The other part of me is screaming at me not to do something that stupid, and to let one of ya'll take a stab at it. The computer, I mean, not me..." he grins nervously. Chances are, they were already losing patience with him enough as it is. Inviting them to get stabby on him was probably a bad idea.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 08:25 PM
"Well if we fight in a glass cavern we may break it anyway but lets get to it then!" Thana places the remains of the strong door and places it at the mouth of the hallway to obstruct the enemy before grabbing the worn shield.

"Everybody get ready, if this goes bad breaking the place is our backup plan!"

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:32 PM
Actually she doesn't know his name yet.
Im Layla by the way but you can call me Lay. And whatever your name is, just type it in!

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 08:39 PM
"Thank you. Its nice to meet you, Layla. I was going to start calling you "Ears" if you didn't tell me your name soon. Heh heh..." Ralix grins, hoping that she could detect the good humor in his tone. "At any rate, my name is Ralix Zane. And if this thing goes psycho when I type that in, just remember that it was your idea!"

He then looks down at the terminal, and prepares to type his name. but first he pauses and looks at the others. "Any complaints?" he asks. If not, he'll input his name as the terminal's username.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 08:41 PM
"We're caught between a rock and a hard place, go for it!" Thana calls out

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:41 PM
Layla laughs at the joke.
Nice to meet you too. I'm glad someone here has a send of humor.

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 08:43 PM
Surg shrugs. "Go for it, you've got as good a chance as any of us."

Elagune
2009-12-20, 08:46 PM
[Username: Ralixzane]
[Accepted]
[... ... ...]
[... ... ...]
[... ... ...]
[Logged In As "Light Warrior"]
[Notice!]
[Incoming Transmission]
[Will You Accept The Transmission?]

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:54 PM
Ralix did it work?
Layla sounds anxious.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 08:58 PM
Ralix looks at the people around him, and gulps nervously. "I'm logged in. And I have an incoming transmission. I'm gonna accept it. Lets hope this doesn't make things worse..." he sighs.

And with that, he taps the "accept" button.

Elagune
2009-12-20, 09:03 PM
The terminal beeps and squeaks. It seems like it's been here for a long time, despite the pristine condition of it. In fact, this entire area seems much more well-kept than the rest of the place you have seen - how come the destruction and erosion did not reach this place?

[I... Light Warriors. Are you all there?]
[Answer me, please... I'm l-sing po--r...]

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:03 PM
Layla walks over to Ralix and looks at him while she listens to the transmission.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 09:07 PM
-type type typety type-

[I'm at the Crystal Core. Where are you? What's going on?]

Ralix looks at the others, and shrugs. "Yeah, I'm clueless. I dunno who this person is, or who the Light Warriors are. But any info we can get is good to have..."

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:08 PM
Rax [Ralix]? Do you have any idea whats going on?

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 09:14 PM
Ralix smirks. "Oh sure. I'm surrounded by people I don't know, with no memory of my life before 15 minutes ago. Apparently, I'm named after a dead prince. Or I might be the prince. I'm not sure. That'd be interesting, though. At any rate, I pissed off the Crystal Guardians, and now somebody thinks I'm a Light Warrior. Oh, and I want those junk parts you found in the trunk. I get the feeling I can make something cool with 'em..." He then shrugs. "Other than that, I'm clueless. How 'bout the rest of you?"

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:18 PM
You know more than me. Here you go.
She hands him the dagger she found in the chest.

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 09:19 PM
Surg shakes his head somewhat ruefully, his smile seeming a little forced.

"All I know is my name and that I woke up with all you guys around me and people screaming from the other side of that door. I dunno who any of you are, but I know you're the friendliest people I've met today, so I'll stick with you. Oh, and I like to hit things, there's also that."

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 09:21 PM
"No clue. I get the feeling we'll find out eventually weather we want to or not."Thana says"Now can someone pass me a potion please? I'll likely need it all things considered"

Since no one claimed the chest potions Thana takes one.

Fan
2009-12-20, 09:26 PM
Stefen looks quizzically at the items displayed... He wouldn't have much use for a shield, as he would be more likely to hurt himself with it then block a blow.... The dagger was taken... as was the scrap... Oh hey potions!

With a deft hand, and a sure eye he picks up the potion, and looks it over quietly.. Healing items were good, yes... avoiding death was good.

He pocketed the potion, and looked around... Before deciding to strike up a conversation!

"So... Whats the plan from here?"

Elagune
2009-12-20, 09:27 PM
In the left treasure chest is:
[Potion] x1
2000 Gil

In the right treasure chest is:
[Ether] x2
[Pile of Scraps] x3 [Not sure about this. Did Ralix take it?]
1000 Gil

[Cr--tal Core? But... no, you m-st be conf-sed.]
[You have regained your s-ntience from conf-onting the Cry-tal then.]
[B-t, jud-ing from the loss of p-wer... The Crystal must be lost.]
[Why have you n-t gotten out of th-re? Use the te-epo-ter.]

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:28 PM
There a teleporter! Where?

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 09:29 PM
"We've got a bottleneck with the only entrance obstructed. If the battle goes wrong we break the glass and flood the place and escape upwards, using the potion to keep ourselves alive while using potions to heal our burning lungs if we fall short of Air"Thana says "It isn't the best backup plan but we have no exit and none of the fish look predatory"

He pauses.

"Teleporter? That's much better then!"

If no one else wants it I'll take the last potion.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:33 PM
Shouldn't we be giving all the potions to the healer?

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 09:34 PM
-click click tap tap-

[Just tell me what buttons to press, and we'll use it. I see a bunch of machinery, and a locked gate. Oh, and I pissed a bunch of guards off when I told them my name. Can you explain that to me while you are at it, please? :-)]

Before anyone can comment on the smiley, Ralix adds: "Just trying to be friendly. I don't want the only help we've gotten so far to get pissed off at me for asking too many questions..."

Ralix then looks at Mr. Glass Breaker. "I'm sorry, what did you say your name was? It'll be nice info to have. Also nice info to have? The possibility that we're so far deep, that when we broke the glass, the pressure would shatter all the glass, and we'd be shredded in the resulting tornado of sharp glass and metal bits. We've got no clue how deep we are, either. How do you know those potions will last us? Or that they'll treat drowning?"

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 09:35 PM
Seeing as everyone had so far only taken a few items, Surg decided to become the pack mule. Gathering the Gil and remaining consumables (after setting the unconscious mage over his shoulder along with her staff), he offers the scrap to Ralix and the Ethers to Layla.

"I have a feeling you two might need these."

OOC: Thus far I have a Potion, my armor, and whatever Layla and Ralix don't take, I guess. I hope no one objects to me carrying everything.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:42 PM
Layla takes the ethers.
Are you sure you don't need any help?

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 09:42 PM
"Names Thana, and as for the plan: You got a better idea? We're in the middle of a delicate room with people that brought canons and want us dead. I figure if we break it and swim up we'd be able to catch the enemy by surprise. As for the potions without our air our lungs and body will be damaged. I'm hoping the potions will counteract that and get us to safety."

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 09:47 PM
"I'll be fine. I'm a strong fellow after all." Surg smiles at the bunny-girl and flexes for emphasis.

Upon hearing Thana's complaints again, Surg looks around, studying the walls of glass as best he can.

"Somehow I doubt this room is all that unstable. Considering how deep we are this room HAS to be pretty tough to survive all that water pressure." He shakes his head. "In any case, let's find that teleporter."

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:47 PM
Layla actually giggles as Serg flexes.

Thana, why do you insist on a plan that could kill us all when there is a teleporter right here?

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 09:48 PM
"Lets, I don't want to test my plan to be honest. Or if the room can take a few cannon rounds."

Elagune
2009-12-20, 09:56 PM
[Teleporter... Sho-ld be w-rking?]
[Oh no... He took it down! Probably af-er taking the Core...]
[Back-up will be arr-ving sh-rtly to e-tract you. Ple-se wa-ch out.]
[Chances are, he's le-t a nas-y surprise of some k-nd for you bef-re he left.]
[Plea-e sur-ive.]
[The po-er won't stay on long, not if the Cry-tal has been des-]

BLINK.

The transmission cuts off aruptly, as the terminal dies down. The lights in the chamber shut off, leaving everybody in darkness. There is the hintest trace of light, coming from high above - the surface. Now you truly feel like you are within the belly of the underwater world, trapped without any means out. But before you are able to think about the ramifications of that one...

A light appears.

In the center of the room, the gate that has been locked opens up. But instead of water gushing inwards, the gate reveals a green vortex of energy. Suddenly, a monstrous red hand pushes past the gateway, and its full figure fights to move into the room. It is a huge, spherical creature, with embers at the top of its head that resembled flames. Two small, withered claws stand at its side, and its gaze is full of malice.

The gate shuts off, crackling with electricity. Parts fall off, completely overwhelmed by the burst of energy necessary to bring this monstrosity into the room.

The Mom Bomb (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bomb_%28Race%29) roars, lighting up the chamber with its burning red embers, before looking at you with hateful anger.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 09:59 PM
"GET BEHIND ME!"Thana roars and leaps ahead, shield in front of him with the sword ready to thrust should it advance.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:04 PM
Layla just stares, frozen to the spot.
What is that thing?

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 10:05 PM
"OH CRAP!!" Ralix howls, horrified by what he sees. "MOVE!!" He turns to run backwards, hoping to put himself behind the bigger fighter guys. He grabs Layla's wrist, pulling her along. "You stay in the back! Don't let anybody die, okay Ears? That'll be your job..." he flashes a grin, still hoping to keep the situation from falling apart with a bit of humor.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 10:05 PM
"It's bloody viscious it what it is!" Thana has his shield keeping the Bomb creature from advancing so much as another inch. He brings his sword out downwards from over his head to strike the thing.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:07 PM
Cant anyone here freeze that thing?!

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 10:09 PM
"Oh... This is bad." Surg says entirely unnecessarily.

Gently setting his unconscious catgirl cargo down behind the terminal, Surg faces the giant living fireball and suddenly he feels his body react by itself.

He drops into a martial arts stance he can't remember learning, but his muscle memory takes over. He didn't know what he was doing, but he knew he could do it.

He takes a stance between the Bomb and the others, a few feet to Thana's left, his mind focusing. The burning energy within began to flow, and he could hear his heart racing, blood pumping in his ears. He gravitated mentally inward, drawing upon forgotten training to Accumulate his strength.

Unbidden, a cry of focused determination slowly builds from his throat, vocalizing his added power. "Kii-YAI!!"

OOC: I am using Accumulate to boost my strength, if it wasn't obvious.

Fan
2009-12-20, 10:11 PM
Having a Long Sword? Stefen puts himself beside the screaming fighter, settling into a agile stance as he awaited the Fire beings action.. He did need something to gauge it by, and something told him he'd be most able here.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 10:12 PM
"Surg, I have an Idea! I'll keep it distracted while you try to pin it down, then I'll ram my sword in it's throat!"

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:14 PM
Umm... Hate to tell you this but it's a floating fireball. It doesn't have a throat.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 10:16 PM
"I'll jam my sword wherever then!"Thana shouts. The equivalent to years combat training takes over. His stance perfect for defending those behind him, his shield protecting the area most likely to be hit. His blade swinging over the shield to the monsters body.

Revanmal
2009-12-20, 10:16 PM
Surg nods his assent to this plan, though he's unsure as to how well he'll be able to hold on to something that looks like it's made of fire.

"Well, it's gotta have SOMETHING vital. Just keep stabbing it!"

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:18 PM
Layla once again feels the life flowing through her. She waits back with Raxis for when she will be needed.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 10:18 PM
"Then stab it somewhere!" Ralix yelps, unsure if he should laugh or scream. He makes sure he gets Layla to the back of the room, furthest from the fire creature. He then looks down at the scrap pieces of junk he's got in his possession - would it be possible to make something out of these?

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 10:19 PM
"Somewhere, anywhere, lets cut the wordplay and get to swordplay!"Thana spares a short bark of a laugh before going silent. He'd save his breath for the fight, each inhale warm from the flames and warmer still from his body on the exit.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:21 PM
Layla sits down with her legs crossed and closes her eyes.
Tell me when one of them gets hurt.

Kasanip
2009-12-20, 11:41 PM
"Jiekng."

Comes a word from somewhere in the room. Immediately following the short incantation, the air around the bomb turns frosty and then cracks as it turns to ice.

Eri casts Blizzard!

If one looked, he or she would see a certain, previously unconscious catgirl mithra is now standing and adjusting the berret on her head, with a wide, smug look to her face. Her eyes track across the other characters and she waves absently in greeting.
"Good morning, or evening. Whatever time it may be. This is quite an interesting place to wake up... Whomever kidnapped me I should thank for at least trying to shield me from this...bomb."

She blinks and manages to look a little surprised, as if she just remembered something important.
"Oh! I'm sure we'll all have proper introductions soon. For now, you can call me Eri."

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 11:46 PM
In Layla, but you can call me Lay. Nice to meet you. says the viera as she walks over to Eri.

Jayngfet
2009-12-20, 11:49 PM
Thana uses the opportunity created by the bombs surprise at being frozen to bash with the shield and get in another slash before springing a step back and ready to thrust if it advances further.

"Great, now can we MAKE SURE IT'S DEAD BEFORE CONVERSATION?!?"

Kasanip
2009-12-21, 12:11 AM
Eri winks at Lay in response, revealing a toothy grin to her as she stands nonchalantly.

"A pleasure then, Lay." She responds in kind. Looking back at the others attempting to melee the angry bomb, she crossed her arms over her chest, resting on her staff a bit. "Well, it looks like a focused and energetic enough group to be in... Not sure why here of all places. I don't remember doing any adventuring, but it's exciting!"

"And that...is a lot of water." She remarked, looking up.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 12:14 AM
Noone here remembers anything except for there names. And yes, that is alot of water.
She too watches the oters fighting the bomb. She is also leaning on her staff.

Revanmal
2009-12-21, 12:26 AM
Surg looks back at Eli, and winks playfully.

"Well, it's about time. I was getting a little tired of carrying you around, little cat napper. You don't weigh much, but it's the principle of the thing."

Surg punctuates his statement with an almighty kick to the side of the blazing creature that was attacking them.

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 01:02 AM
"Hi!" Ralix pipes in as he stops fiddling with the bits of junk, and flashes one of his characteristic lop-sided grins while waving in a friendly manner. "My name is Ralix! I'm a reincarnated prince, or something like that! Don't ask - it makes no sense to me either. Heh heh... Oh, and I'm trying to make a grenade or something. Not having much luck!"

Ralix suddenly looks down, and then up, and then all around. "Water puts fire out, right?"

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 01:11 AM
"Yes, though I thought we all agreed breaking the walls was a BAD thing!"

Revanmal
2009-12-21, 01:17 AM
"Says the guy who suggested it about a half-dozen times."

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 01:18 AM
Ralix points at the massive fire demon. "AND THAT'S A GOOD THING?!"

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 01:20 AM
"I've currently seen the error of my ways and would like to survive. But on the other hand we could put this thing out and I'm thinking since none of these fish are dangerous we could try to hitch a ride on some to go faster."

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 01:23 AM
"Lets fight this sucker for awhile. If things go our way, we'll fight it out. If he beats us like a drum, I say we blow the glass. Sound like a plan?" Ralix shrugs, still fiddling with the junk.

(Is it possible for me to make a grenade or anything? I'm not much use in combat right now, am I? :smallconfused:)

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 01:24 AM
"So dangerous and risky plan stays in the back where it should be!"

Fan
2009-12-21, 05:06 AM
Stefen is surprised by the beasts stoic nature, and how it is allowing them to converse so much, and decides that action would be a better course then arguing over which plan was more risky, and considering the least risky plan was currently "STAB IT IN THE THROAT!", he guessed it was time for him to pipe up.

"How's about we fan out into a sort of formation? Have some tactics, and prevent us from being hit all at once by it's abilities standing here in a clump like this? Layla... from what I've seen you can heal people... so you go next to Stabby McGARface there, but keep behind him.. No offence, but you don't exactly look to durable... and Eri... I'd suggest you sticking behind Thana, and Surg... Ralix just keep doing what your doing, and I'll take the front with the guys in armor."

Praying to whatever god ruled this universe subconciously, he at least, will move into position, and then preform a attack of his own.. He didn't know how good this was going to work... but god dammit if he wasn't going to try!

Elagune
2009-12-21, 05:48 AM
The Bomb recoils in pain as the Blizzard spell strikes its weak point. It falls to the ground for a second, before regaining its composure and floating back up, giving off a terrifying scream. Rearing its arms back, it gathers energy, before sending out a powerful spell with a cry.

"FIRE!"

The blast strikes Thana head-on, sending him careening to the ground. The Wooden Shield took the brunt of the blow, but he was not built for taking magical damage.

Thana -50 HP
Bomb -40 HP

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 07:51 AM
Seeing Thana get hurt Layla stands up.
Finally, something I can do.
And with that she raises the staff and her other hand above her head. She begins to glow and Thana should to.
Lay casts Cure!

Kasanip
2009-12-21, 08:43 AM
Eri's brows furrow and her lips turn into a frown as she looks at Ralix, unsure whether he is joking or not.
"Surely you jest? A grenade? Like an explosive? That sounds like you are suggesting to attack a monster of fire with...fire."

Yet no sooner were the words out of her mouth when Stefan relayed his plan. Eri nodded with her smug grin returning as she trotted over behind the two strong men who would serve as her shield.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 08:54 AM
Eri, they aren't mages. They don't even think in elements.
Lay laughs a little.
Wait which one is Stabby Mcgarface?

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 01:40 PM
You know what. Forget about that question. I'll just go stand next to Ralix.

Elagune
2009-12-21, 02:25 PM
Layla casts Cure! Thana has recovered 90 HP!
Surg attacks! Mom Bomb takes 60 damage! Accumulate has worn off.
Thana attacks! Mom Bomb takes 40 damage!
Stefen attacks! Mom Bomb takes 30 damage!
Ralix used Mix! Ralix has created a Magitek Grenade from 2 Pile of Scraps!

[When you guys declare an action, can you guys do it this way from now on? It makes it easier for me to see who has done what. Every one of you has one turn before I take one of mine, although your turn may be skipped if enough people have gone and enough time has passed.]

The Mom Bomb howls in agony as it takes the cumulative damage from the hits dished out by the party members. Surg's kick knocks the monstrous sphere out of the sky right into the waiting arms of Stefen and Thana as they slash across its body with their blades. The flames that its form is made out of simply covers the wounds, but you get the feeling that it has been damaged. At the side, something has clicked in Ralix's mind. The Pile of Scraps he has been fiddling with suddenly come together, just like that, and he now holds in his hands a spherical object he's pretty sure he knows how to use. As the damage escalates, it seems to respond by glowing orange. Is it just you or... is it growing?

It glows once more, sending its withered arms out towards the party. Surg winces in pain as magical flames erupted around him, singing his clothing and leaving marks on his skin.

Mom Bomb casts Fire! Surg takes 45 damage!

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 02:29 PM
Oh crap.
Lay once again begins to glow. The glow surrounds Surg this time.

[Layla casts cure on Surg]

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 02:34 PM
Ralix fiddles with the scraps, jamming pieces and wires into what he hopes are the proper places. Then, with a loud click, everything seems to snap together. Ralix holds up the small explosive device he's created, and grins. "Booyah! Now can anybody tell me what sort of properties this thing has? If its a grenade, it'll do more force and shrapnel damage than fire damage. I'm not that stupid you know..."

(What sort of damage does the grenade do? :smallconfused: Also... Would it be possible to steal from the Mom Bomb? Or would I just get burned?)

Elagune
2009-12-21, 02:38 PM
[Well, I wouldn't want to give everything away. Try it out for yourself. :smallsmile: Stealing is certainly possible. You can steal from every enemy that you encounter. Oh yes, one more thing. From now on, go ahead and tell me if you want to Mix anything by saying the two items you want to mix together. For instance Pile of Scrap and Longsword. You're allowed to mix any two items you want, save for plot unique items. I can't guarantee the outcome will always be good, though.]

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 03:06 PM
Edit: Nevermind, realized that was a bad idea.

Fan
2009-12-21, 03:16 PM
Stefen, quite tired of waiting for him to be able to intercept a attack, gives a small grunt before charging forward in a complex path, using what little agility he had to his advantage, and leaping into the air for a powerful downward strike at the Beast... unsure if it would be any more effective, but it was damn better then sitting there with his thumb up his arse.

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 03:21 PM
Thana attacks, swinging his sword upwards in a diagonal slash from bottom left to upper right, followed by bringing his sword back down for a second slash.

"Focus on healing the others, I can take care of myself with potions later!"

Elagune
2009-12-21, 03:35 PM
Layla casts Cure! Surg has recovered 90 HP!
Stefen attacks! Critical Hit! Mom Bomb has recieved 60 damage.
Thana attacks! Mom Bomb has recieved 40 damage.

Stefen's strike hits the burning abomination straight on the cranium, sending it careening towards the ground. It hits the ground with a thud, as though dazed. Its monstrous eyes seem out of focus, still reeling from that last blow. Before it has a chance to regain its composure, Thana attacks, slicing its face with two diagonal slashes. The beast recoils in pain, before floating back up once more.

But... the more you damage it, the more it seems to grow...

[Waiting for at least one more action from another party member.]

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 03:36 PM
Ralix looks down at the grenade, and realizes it'd be best saved for later. Especially if the battle went South, and they needed an escape plan. The Thief pockets the explosive device, and then looks down at his gloved hands. For some reason, he had a strong urge to be a kleptomaniac. Ralix looks up at the mom bomb, and studies it for a moment. He feels an idea growing in his mind. It seems insane at first, but it feels as though a driving force in his mind is urging him to try it. He can't help but feel its part of the Theif Crystal's influence...

Ralix flashes one of his lop-sided grins, and then takes off sprinting towards the mom bomb. "Scuse me, comin' through!" he exclaims, zipping between his allies and running past them. He zig zags towards the mom bomb, hoping to throw off its aim as he nears it. He then leaps forward, lands directly in front of the beast, and plunges his hand directly into it. The creature's flesh seems to mold around his hand, and though he feels intense heat through his gloves and the padding of his suit, he doesn't get burned for some strange reason. He gropes and grabs for a moment, trying to grab something - anything. Its as though a voice inside his head is telling him that something is there, and he needs to take it!

After a short moment, Ralix rips out his hand, and throws himself backwards. It doesn't matter if he did or didn't grab anything, he just knows he needs to get away from the creature as fast as possible now. And with that in mind, he quickly spins around and sprints back in the opposite direction, back towards Layla.

[Ralix uses Steal!]

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 03:37 PM
Thana takes the opportunity to finish the monster, as it rises he skewers it with his blade to finish the battle.

Elagune
2009-12-21, 03:45 PM
Ralix uses Steal! Bomb Essence stolen!
[Round End]
[Round Start]
Mom Bomb casts Tanker! The entire party has been afflicted with [Oil] (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Oil)!
Stefen learns Blue Magic - Tanker!
Thana attacks Mom Bomb! Mom Bomb takes 40 damage!

Ralix grasps a glowing red orb as he runs back to the party.

The Mom Bomb closes its eyes, before opening up its jagged mouth to spew a huge amount of black liquid at the party. Before anybody could react, they are doused in a liquid that seems to be quite flammable. The liquid doesn't do much except annoy, but you dread to think what would happen if the monster were to hit you with a fire-elemental attack right now...

Stefen glows for a split second, and new knowledge enters his mind.

Thana attacks, yelling as he does so, as the Mom Bomb takes the blow.

[Please take a look at the OOC thread to see a more detailed explanation of the battle system. It's been fixed up a little now.]

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 03:47 PM
Thinking for a split second Thana takes several steps back and to the side before throwing his shield at the monster, sure to keep well out of range.

Revanmal
2009-12-21, 04:11 PM
Surg growls angrily even as his wounds heal, and his focus wavers. He retreats within once again, focusing his Chi into his limbs.

'Chi? How do I know that?'

[Surg uses Accumulate.]

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 04:13 PM
(Aw crap, I just realized what my friggin' dagger can actually do. I feel dumb...)

Ralix pockets the glowing red orb. He then looks at the oil dropping from his clothes. "Aw, crap..." he murmers. He was not in the mood to become a plate of BBQ today.

The Thief suddenly remembers the dagger he'd been given by the others. He draws it from his belt, and surveys it for a moment. (Mind if I take some creative liberties?) The blade seems to be very ornate, with a curved blue blade and a black hilt. Silver runes decorate one side of the blade, and on the other side there is an inscription which reads: "Silencer of Storms."

"Silencer of Storms?" Ralix mutters to himself. Something seems familiar about that line. Like a riddle with an obvious answer. What could it be refering to? Then it started to dawn on him. "Silencer of Storms? Silencer... Storms... Silence?" The lightbulb finally lit up. "Silence! It casts Silence! Perfect!"

Ralix knew enough about magic to know what Silence did. And he knew it was something they direly needed. Grinning like a madman, Ralix suddenly runs forward. If this works, he might be able to buy some time. Darting past his allies, the Thief sprints towards the monster, and then leaps into the air. As he flies towards the monsters, he spins around, and brings the blade down in a slashing motion. The knife cuts deep, with both the momentum of his body and the strength of his slash going into it. He then leaps backwards, turns, and runs back for the safety of his group, hoping that his attack worked.

[Ralix attacks with Mage Masher!]

Elagune
2009-12-21, 04:18 PM
[Sorry Jay, you've used up your turn for this round. After the Mom Bomb attacks again, that's the start of a new round.]

Surg used Accumulate! Strength is temporarily boosted!
Ralix equips Mage Masher! Ralix attacks! Mom Bomb has recieved 25 damage. Mom Bomb has been afflicted with [Silence]!

The Mom Bomb blinks for a second, almost completely missing the attack, but the side-effects are something it could not miss. It opens its mouth to roar again, but this time no sound came out. It blinks several times more, confused and surprised, before attempting another growl. Again, no sound comes out. It sparks in anger, but can do not much more than that. Its spells have been sealed.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 04:19 PM
Ewww... This is gross...
She tries to wipe the oil off.
You know... It would be helpful if I knew some more spells.

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 04:21 PM
If thats it's attack thana throws aside his sword and takes out a potion and attacks. He uses his shield as a bludgeoning weapon to bash the monster in the face while holding the potion.

Should he ignite he'll down the potion in tiny doses to heal the over time burning of the flames.

Revanmal
2009-12-21, 04:42 PM
The power coursing between his fists is almost intoxicating. It's like holding an earthquake in each hand...

With a battlecry, [Surg Attacks!]

"KI-AII!!"

Kasanip
2009-12-21, 05:59 PM
Eri manages to look quite disgusted with the oily substance across her before giving a mournful, exasperated sigh. She chants another stream of words under her breath as a look of concentration passes over her face.

Eri casts Blizzard!

Elagune
2009-12-21, 07:06 PM
Surg attacks! Mom Bomb takes 60 damage! Accumulate wears off.
Thana attacks! Mom Bomb takes 20 damage!
Eri casts Blizzard! Mom Bomb takes 50 damage!
Mom Bomb has been defeated!

An earthshaking punch rocks the spherical demon, sending it rocking backwards. It groans, as though on its last legs. Just as it's about to fight back with its withered claws, Thana rams into it with a powerful charge, knocking it off balance and straight onto the ice spike conjured up by Eri. The Mom Bomb gasps for the last time before falling silent.

[Battle Won!]
Drops:
Bomb Essence x2
Fire Element x1
500 Gil

The glowing corpse of the Mom Bomb lies in the middle of the chamber, but everything is still offline. You can barely see anything around you... But...

Is the Mom Bomb... still growing?

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 07:11 PM
"****. Blizzard it, BLIZZARD IT!"

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 10:00 PM
"Woohoo!" Ralix exclaims upon seeing the creature die. However, as it starts to expand again, his joy fades. "Aaaaah craaaap..." the Thief groans. "We can either Blizzard it, or I can Silence it! Or, we can run and hide in those dead-end passages we passed on the way here! So yeah, Blizzard spell, Silence dagger, or run and hide?!

Jayngfet
2009-12-21, 10:11 PM
"Better idea! Silence it, blizzard it, then run!"

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 10:38 PM
"Right-O!" Ralix grins, twirling the dagger in his hand with a flourish. He then darts across the room, sprinting towards the dead beast. He skids to a halt just as he gets to the monster, and slashes out at the mom bomb. The blade cuts into its rapidly cooling flesh, and he uses the momentum of the slash to twirl himself around and start running back to safety. "Done! Now Blizzard it, and then lets go!"

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 11:02 PM
Layla picks up all the items the mom bomb dropped. She would have let Ralix do it, but she doesn't trust him with items.

Kasanip
2009-12-22, 03:32 AM
"Oh, I don't know. It looks fairly harmless to me." Eri says with a coy smile, revealing one of her fanged teeth.

She winks after the silence sets in. "Just kidding of course."

Eric casts Blizzard!

She dusts her hands and strikes a victory pose.

Elagune
2009-12-22, 04:37 AM
The Blizzard spell does its job, cooling the beast. But not soon enough. The monster's body turns bright orange despite the cold blast, and explodes. Each of you are thrown into the air, landing on the ground several feet away from where you were before. You have suffered some minor scrapes and slight injuries, but nothing big enough to warrant a handicap in battle... Judging by the previous size of the beast, however, you must have disturbed its explosive power enough to keep the damage to a minimum. The Blizzard spell must have done the trick.

The corpse is gone, and now in its place is smoke. The glass appears to be quite strong, having withstood the force of the blast, but there are cracks now, and the durability of the place is called into question. The power is still offline, and the gate that the monster had come through on appears to be completely broken now, having fallen into a crumpled heap.

Just then, you hear metallic footsteps thundering down the musty hallway that leads to the chamber. The sound of the wooden door being broken down must have been covered by the sounds of your battle.

Kasanip
2009-12-22, 05:05 AM
Eri sits up and grabs her berret from where it had fallen off. She puts it back on her head as she stands up and brushes herself off before retrieving her staff.
"Well! That was quite an ending!" She remarks, before putting her free hand on a hip and looking up to survey the cracks in the ceiling.
"That doesn't look good though. No, not at all." She affirms. But as soon as she says this, her right ear twitches at the sound of metallic footsteps, and she turns with a bright smile.

"Oh, excellent. Someone's coming who can explain what's going on. Where are we? Why am I here? ...And why am I with you?" She asked aloud, to no one in particular. Her eyes floated back to her companions curiously. "I don't suppose one of you knows?"

Fan
2009-12-22, 05:08 AM
"We're all in the same boat as you. And I think that teleporter was the easy way out, and we're going to have to hack, and slash our way through some guards."

Stefen sighs, and wipes his longsword off on some stone, and what little there is of the excess cloth on his tunic/trouser combination.

Kasanip
2009-12-22, 05:18 AM
"A teleporter?" She asked, puzzled. "What's wrong with the teleporter?

...And why do we have to fight the guards who are coming?"

Fan
2009-12-22, 05:22 AM
"A teleporter?" She asked, puzzled. "What's wrong with the teleporter?

...And why do we have to fight the guards who are coming?"

"Odds are because we weren't supposed to touch those crystals... and from our state of memories... I'd hazard we weren't supposed to get up either."

He says worriedly, but shifting into a defensive stance anyways... Bracing for impact.

Viera Champion
2009-12-22, 08:43 AM
Layla slowly stands up and looks around. She picks up all the things she dropped including her staff. She hands the fire element and the two bomb essences to Ralix but keeps the 500 gil. Feeling it would be safer if she held it. She then hears the footsteps.
Give me a break!

Jayngfet
2009-12-22, 10:51 AM
Thana springs to his feet and grabs the sword and shield.

"By the door, either side. We can still catch them by surprise!"

Viera Champion
2009-12-22, 10:59 AM
They will be more cautios if they don't see anyone. Plus I can't do much fighting anyway. You guys hide on either side of the door, while I stand as far away from the door as possible but still visible to anyone come through it. They will see me and rush at me. Giving you the perfect oppurtunity to attack. And don't worry about me I have the speed to dodge and run away. And if I get hit there's is alwys cure.

Kasanip
2009-12-22, 11:12 AM
Eri raises an eyebrow at Layla's volunteering offer.
"And if you get hit..." She pauses, and then shrugs. ...Well, I guess you could cure yourself."

She gestured to the doorway leasurely. "Wouldn't it just be easier to...I don't know.... set fire to the narrow hallway? I mean...I can light it with no problem.. If we had some way to keep the fire going. Some wood perhaps...Though that looks like it'll be difficult to find in the time we have." She looks around absently with her hands on her hips. "Either way, that'll stop them from getting in for a little bit...right?"

Viera Champion
2009-12-22, 11:15 AM
Well that depends. Since we don't know what they are capable of anything could happen.

Jayngfet
2009-12-22, 11:20 AM
Thana gestures to the blocked door, covered with the remains of another door hard enough to need strength A to break that he wisley put there the moment they entered.

Revanmal
2009-12-22, 12:49 PM
Surg shakes his head, flinging ash and soot from the explosion from his hair. Somehow he felt he should have been expecting that.

"Maybe we should focus more on restoring power? There might be something else here we can use."

Lycan 01
2009-12-22, 02:30 PM
"I've got an idea..." Ralix sighs. "I'll stand out in the open, and serve as a distraction. When they see me, I'll say something in that language they speak. There are two possible outcomes. One, they'll realize I'm the guy that claimed to be their prince, and they'll be so infuriated that they'll come after me and ignore ya'll. Or two, I'll actually turn out to be said prince, and they'll have no choice but to follow my authority. I personally think option two would be quite cool..." Ralix grins.

"But, since it will probably be option one..." Ralix looks down at the new toys he's been given to play with. "I'll work on a contingency plan..." he mutters as he starts to tinker with the items.

[Ralix uses Mix to combine Spare Junk with Bomb Essence!]

Elagune
2009-12-22, 05:30 PM
Ralix uses Mix! Ralix has created a Magitek Molotov from a Pile of Scraps and a Bomb Essence!

The metallic footsteps keep coming, and soon enough they stand right in front of the door. You can't see them, but you can feel their presence, and you can see their shadows coming from under the door. As seconds pass, you start hearing the eerie hum of what seems to be machinery, and a blue glow radiates from the crack under the door, giving some light to your dreary situation.

"Magitek Cannons... nayto!"

RALIX ONLY:
"Magitek Cannons... ready!"

Revanmal
2009-12-22, 05:34 PM
Surg moves to find a good ambush spot near the door, while trying to stay hidden by the scattered machinery.

Viera Champion
2009-12-22, 05:51 PM
Lay hides somewhere where she can't be seen. But where she can still see everything else. She is ready to cure.

Jayngfet
2009-12-22, 06:30 PM
Thana stands just a bit aways from the door, blade outstretched to stab at whoever passes through.

Lycan 01
2009-12-22, 07:53 PM
"Uh, guys?" Ralix gulps, taking several steps back towards the center of the room. "You may wanna get a bit further from the door. They're fixin' to blow it up..."

Ralix takes a few deep breaths, and prepares for whatever is about to happen. Once the enemy enters, he intends to order them to halt in their language. Hopefully, he'll catch their attention, and give the rest of his team a chance to act. And maybe, just maybe, there's something to his name being the same as their deceased prince's, and maybe that something will catch the enemy off guard... But until they enter, he's going to brace himself, because chances are its about to get pretty hectic when those cannons fire.

[Ralix Guards!]

Jayngfet
2009-12-22, 08:37 PM
Thana takes several steps away from the door to the side and raises his shield to guard himself, crouched low to expose the least amount of skin to the blast. Only a single eye pokes out halfway to see when its safe to spring out and attack.

Kasanip
2009-12-22, 11:29 PM
Eri trotted back a few more feet at Ralix's insistence and tapped her chin with a finger, as if contemplating something deeply. But she shrugged it off and raised her staff, ready to cast another spell when their foes were revealed.

Elagune
2009-12-23, 07:02 AM
The hum of machinery turns into an explosion as the door is blasted off its hinges, landing several feet away from where it had been. Luckily, it avoids Ralix by inches, landing almost right in front of him. From the destroyed doorway trots several rows of armed soldiers, their clothing a similar style to Ralix's own although clankier. The front row of the group hold cannons in their arms, the barrels of the menacing objects glowing with a cold blue.

They point their cannons at Ralix, and the hum starts up again. Before they get any further than that, however, a man walks out from the middle of the crowd. He is a head taller than the rest of them, and his armour is intimidating to look at. He raises his hand, and the hum suddenly stops.

"...Sah, rumt ouin vena."

RALIX ONLY:
"...Men, hold your fire."

With a shuddering breath, the man takes his mask and goggles off. Staring out at Ralix is the face of a battle-hardened warrior. His body, what one could see of it, is covered with scars, but the most striking one of all is the thin red line that goes diagonally from the top right of his face to the bottom left. In his left hand is a strange contraption - his weapon, probably. The object starts as a gun of an automatic variety, but as it goes down the barrel it turns into a sword. One could only imagine his fighting style.

His eyes are wide, as though he does not believe what he is seeing.

"Bnehla [Ralix]... Ec drec y tnays? Tyna E pameaja so aoac?" says the man.

RALIX ONLY:
"Prince [Ralix]... Is this a dream? Dare I believe my eyes?""

He takes a step forward.

"Ed ec sa! [Vasha]!"

RALIX ONLY:
"It is me! [Vasha]!"

The group doesn't seem to have noticed the rest of the party, hiding in the shadows. It seems that the power outage was good for something after all, as the rest of the party are now nestled within the faint darkness.

[As you might've noticed, I've now bracketed the words that are the same in both languages.]

Viera Champion
2009-12-23, 08:10 AM
Layla watches quietly. Ralix said he might have been the prince of these people. If thats true she is going to be so excited to found out who she used to be.

Jayngfet
2009-12-23, 01:48 PM
Thana moves his shield and crouches. Should things turn ugly he aims for the magitek cannon bearers, so encumbered they couldn't react in time to a sword jammed into them.

Lycan 01
2009-12-23, 02:12 PM
Ralix furls his brows. This man... Were they friends? Had he really been a prince? Or was this all some sick joke? He was confused, excitied, nervous, and slightly afraid. He didn't want to dissappoint the man, but he also didn't want to lie to him. "I... I'm sorry, Vasha..." Ralix murmers in the man's own language. "I don't know who you are. But I don't know who I am either. Neither do any of the people that woke up with me. I don't remember a thing before when I woke up about half an hour ago... I don't even know how old I am, or what year it is. Its also so strange. I may be your prince. I may be your friend. Or this may all be some sick joke being played on both of us... I don't want to get your hopes up. But I also don't want to lie to you. I honestly do not know who I am..."

Viera Champion
2009-12-23, 02:33 PM
Lay watches curiously as Ralix talks to the soldiers.
He better not be saying anything that will kill us.

Kasanip
2009-12-24, 02:54 AM
Eri crosses her arms and waits for the outcome to be decided, though she certainly would prefer it to be a peaceful conclusion...

Elagune
2009-12-25, 02:45 PM
"E... drec...? Fryd dfecd uv vyda ec drec?"

RALIX ONLY:

"I... this...? What twist of fate is this?"

Vasha looks as though he's in pain.

"E veht so meaka, yht..."

RALIX ONLY:

"I find my liege, and..."

Although only slightly, he slumps, as though hope has been drained out of him. His warrior's constitution prevents him from showing the extent of the damage on his face, but its clear at this point that he is both confused and in pain. He looks at Ralix, and then at the soldliers at his side. He holds the gunblade up, and then points it towards Ralix.

"E lyhhud tu ed. Drana ec hu bnuuv oui yna res, pid E lyhhud dyga so meaka bnecuhan. Oui cuiht mega res, oui dymg mega res, oui muug mega res... Oad... E ymcu lyhhud mad lnesehymc fru ryja lusseddat [Crystallicide] ku."

RALIX ONLY:

"I cannot do it. There is no proof you are him, but I cannot take my liege prisoner. You sound like him, you talk like him, you look like him... Yet... I also cannot let criminals who have committed [Crystallicide] go."

Then, he looks up, this time determined.

"Bnehla. Keja sa dra mulydeuhc uv dra udranc fru fana fedr oui, ymmuf ic du ynnacd dras, yht E crymm cyo E hajan cyf oui."

RALIX ONLY:

"Prince. Give me the locations of the others who were with you, allow us to arrest them, and I shall say I never saw you."

Lycan 01
2009-12-25, 03:18 PM
"Thank you, Vasha..." Ralix nods solomnly. "I understand... And I won't forget this."

Ralix lowers his gaze, and stares at the floor. He doesn't move, nor does he speak for several seconds. Finally, he growls: "They abandoned me."

Ralix looks back up at Vasha, a look of annoyance and insult on his face. "They said I was too dangerous, and that I'd draw too much attention to them, since I seemed to be so important. So, when they went through that teleporter-" Ralix gestures at the destroyed machine across the room, his expression stern, "And made me stay behind, or else. The machine exploded just after they went through. The stress must have been too much for it to handle after being dormant so long. So, if you know where it leads to, you'd better get some people over there as soon as you can." He then gestures at the glass. "I'd suggest you hurry. This room may not hold much longer, and you don't need to let them escape..."

Viera Champion
2009-12-25, 05:10 PM
Oh I really wish I could understand what teyre saying. And I really wish I knew who I use to be! What is Ralix doing?
She watches him motion at places in the room.

Elagune
2009-12-26, 12:35 AM
"E... E caa. E cibbuca drao ryja kuddah yfyo, drah," said Vasha at last, looking outwards. His sight passes through the glass, looking into the depths of the sea. "Ihvundihydamo, fa ryja hajan paah ymmufat du ahdan dra [Crystal Room] uincamjac. Drec sicd pa y namel uv frah dra [Water Shrine] fyc vencd luhcdnildat po dra [Light Warrior] uv [Water]. Drec bmyla caasc nydran cdypma, pid huhdramacc drana ec tysyka rana. E cikkacd dryd fa kad uid pavuna yhodrehk ihdufynt rybbahc."

"I... I see. I suppose they have gotten away, then."

"Unfortunately, we have never been allowed to enter the [Crystal Room] ourselves. This must be a relic of when the [Water Shrine] was first constructed by the [Light Warrior] of [Water]. This place seems rather stable, but nontheless there is damage here. I suggest that we get out before anything untoward happens."

He looks downwards at Ralix once more, taking in his features.

"...Oui muug dra cysa yc res, veja oaync yku. E fuh'd xiacdeuh oui yho vindran... Oui yna vnaa du ku," said the armoured man. "...Hud syho ghaf dra Bnehla yc famm yc E tu, rufajan, yht cu E femm hud ycg oui du lusa pylg du dra lybedym fedr ic. Lryhlac yna kuut dryd oui'mm pa dneat yc yh vnyit. Ouin aqecdahla ec y socdano du sa, pid E ryja cbahd ahuikr desa ynuiht dra Bnehla du ghuf oui ryja dra cysa xiymedeac yc res; suna cu dryh yho vnyit luimt ajan ruba du esedyda. Fa femm mayt oui uid uv drec bmyla."

"...You look the same as him, five years ago. I won't question you any further... You are free to go."

"...Not many knew the Prince as well as I do, however, and so I will not ask you to come back to the capital with us. Chances are good that you'll be tried as an fraud. Your existence is a mystery to me, but I have spent enough time around the Prince to know you have the same qualities as him; more so than any fraud could ever hope to imitate. We will lead you out of this place."

He turns around, and the guards at his side finally switch off their weapons. The dim glow of the Magitek Cannons finally die down, and now there is absolutely no chance left of the guards seeing the rest of the team.

Jayngfet
2009-12-26, 12:48 AM
Thana sneaks as quietly as one never trained for stealth can sneak. He gets behind the warriors, blade still outstretched. He follows them out, keeping a few meters behind the last one.

Kasanip
2009-12-26, 01:06 AM
Eri blinked, a little miffed by this whole turn of events. For whatever reason, the dialogue had seemed to go well enough, and now it seemed Ralix was walking out with the guards. One of the quiet mithra mage's cat-like ears twitched a little as she contemplated what to do.

Well, might as well stand a little more comfortably at least. She shrugged and wondered if it was better to follow the soldiers out. They'd see them soon enough if they did... but then again, that whole ceiling was looking quite unsafe. Getting drowned certainly was not what she had in mind.

So, Eri stood up and pattered silently across the expanse towards the doorway. She wondered if Ralix had explained the full situation...or he was trying to play hero. The smile came back to her face.

Lycan 01
2009-12-26, 01:11 AM
"Thank you, Vasha," Ralix smiles warmly. "I do not know for certain if I am the prince or not. But clearly he knew how to pick his friends. Please, lead the way..."

Ralix falls in beside Vasha, if possible. He hopes that his allies won't screw up, and reveal their existance. And should things go badly, and his allies be uncovered... he will protect them. But he will also not allow any harm to come to Vasha. If this man was willing to put himself in such a position, Ralix would not simply cast him aside without thanks. There was a such thing as honor amongst thieves.

A sudden thought crosses Ralix's mind. "By the way... I noticed that I have a scar on my chin. You wouldn't happen to know the story behind that, would you?" the Thief arches a curious eyebrow. "Part of me wants to say its from a practical joke gone bad... But I honestly can't recall. If you know, would you care to enlighten me? I'm sure there's a funny story behind it..." he chuckles, relying on humor to calm his nerves as he always had. Or at least, as he thought he always had...

Revanmal
2009-12-26, 01:30 AM
Surg watches cautiously as the strangely-dressed people speak with his equally-strangely-dressed acquaintance. The situation was seemingly defused, and the group as a whole began to file out the door. His companions were acting very strangely, however. Why was Thana sneaking right behind them with his weapon drawn?! He could get caught, and then they'd all be screwed!

Silently cursing the warrior, he follows at a much safer distance in the darkness, hoping he somehow lives through this.

Viera Champion
2009-12-26, 11:18 AM
Lay smiles as the guards turn around.
It seems Ralix has convinced them of something good for us. I wonder if they know about us yet.
She smiles. Her ears twitch as she listens to even the smallest sounds. Her large rabbit ears had an advantage when they could hear so well they could even hear the spirit world. She queitly slips out of her hiding place and walks next to Eri.

Kasanip
2009-12-26, 11:45 AM
Eri's ears perked up as the Vierra mage stepped up to her side, and the mithra gave her a wink. Leaving the light footed sneaking job to the two non-humans was probably a good idea in hindsight.

But if the soldiers turned around, what would they think? Eri gave Lay a curious expression as if to convey that question.

Viera Champion
2009-12-26, 11:48 AM
Lay winks back. She grins at Eri as if to say "I have no idea so let's hope they don't."

Elagune
2009-12-28, 05:12 AM
They made it through the musty corridor, through the ruined crystal room, and walked into what was basically a completely new world. They moment they moved through the broken wooden double doors - blasted into pieces by what must have been Magitek cannon meltdown - they could see the rest of the shrine. Much of the base, the walls and floors, were similar to inside the crystal room, but they were covered by all sorts of machinery and much better kept than within. They had to bypass three gates, which thankfully stayed open long enough for each of the five hidden figures to slip through. The guards kept their eyes in front of them, and Vasha seemed to preoccupied with his thoughts to observe.

The main shrine was much bigger than one would expect. It took at least an hour minutes of walking, as well as much climbing of stairs, for them to finally reach the outside. Daylight filtered in through the windows before they broke free, climbing up the last flight of stairs and entering a world of green.

The rest of the team were hidden safely behind the gates as Vasha turned to talk to Ralix. The armoured guards had already parted ways slightly before the opening, apparently to go back to their posts. It was rather strange, considering what they were protecting seemed to be gone, but do you really feel the need to ask?

"Drec ec frana fa sicd bynd... E ys hud cina fryd E femm tu vnus drec buehd uh, pid ed muugc mega E'mm ryja du aqbmyeh fryd E ghuf du so cibaneunc."

"This is where we must part... I am not sure what I will do from this point on, but it looks like I'll have to explain what I know to my superiors."

Vasha sighed.

"E fecr oui milg... E tuh'd ghuf fru oui yna, un frana oui lysa vnus. E ryja hu etay ev oui tacdnuoat dra [Crystal Core], un cduma ed, pid E ryja hu tuipd dryd oui yna y kuut bancuh. Dyga drec fedr oui."

"I wish you luck... I don't know who you are, or where you came from. I have no idea if you destroyed the [Crystal Core], or stole it, but I have no doubt that you are a good person. Take this with you."

From his back holster, he retrieves what looks to be a smaller version of the weapon that he wields. The handle is that of a revolver, and the blade seems to be that of a knife. It is much like a small bayonet.

"Drec ec dra cdyhtynt faybuh uv dra [Al Bhed] ynso... dra [Gunknife]. Ed ec ouinc huf."

"This is the standard weapon of the [Al Bhed] army... the [Gunknife]. It is yours now."

Lycan 01
2009-12-28, 05:30 AM
"Thank you, my friend..." Ralix nods, accepting the weapon graciously. "I thank you for your kindness. If we cross paths again, be it for better or for worse, I will not forget what you have done for me today. Before we do part ways though, perhaps I can ask you a few questions? I might need to know a bit more about this Prince I may or may not be connected to somehow. So I know what to say and what not to say, and who to talk to and who to avoid. I'd rather avoid the angry mobs, y'know? Heh heh... And I'm still curious about this scar. Did the prince have a scar like this? And if so, how did he get it? I feel like I got this from a joke or prank gone wrong... But its very vague and foggy. That ring any bells?"

"Also..." Ralix sighs, "I suppose I should tell you what happened with the Crystal. It may help you explain things to your superiors. You see, me and those other people all woke up in that room. There was this big Crystal, but we didn't do anything to it. We were too lost and confused, since we all didn't know who were were, or how we'd gotten there... Anyway, the Crystal randomly explodes. Boom! Bits and pieces fly everywhere, and I almost got more scars to be confused about later on... Well, then things get weird. Bits of the Crystal start floating around, and then there are these ghostly figures, all of 'em weird colors and stuff. I dunno, its kinda foggy, since I'd just... y'know... started existing. I do remember that there was a shard in front of me, and the ghostly figure related to it was a laughing man holding a bag. He was the Thief. Then the figures faded away, and the Crystals... morphed into us? Or something like that. I don't recall it all exactly, but I think that's the general gist of it. When I woke up, though, I felt... different. Stronger. Better. Whole... And of course, I learned how to steal things. Woo! Oh, and then these guys in armor started banging on the door, the other people decided to stay and fight, I tried to convince them to run, and then I tried to talk peace with the people banging on the door. Then somebody asked me my name, and you know the rest of the story from there..."

Kasanip
2009-12-28, 10:42 PM
The world of green was so close. And yet, now it looked and sounded like Ralix was going to keep chatting with this guard or whomever he was, as if he had forgotten about the rest of his team. Eri tapped her foot on the ground, suddenly seeming a bit more impatient.
"Hurry up already." She muttered.

Eri looked around to see if there was some way to sneak past the two standing in front of the gate without getting caught.

Viera Champion
2009-12-28, 10:52 PM
Lay, still by Eri's side, is also starting to get a little impatient with Ralix and his conversations. She also looks out to see if there is an escape route.

Jayngfet
2009-12-28, 11:54 PM
Thana stays close to the group, VERY slightly ahead, to protect in case of discovery and attack, not speaking.

Elagune
2009-12-28, 11:58 PM
Vasha nods.

"E caa... Yc muhk yc oui yjuet dra lybedym, oui cruimt pa veha. Dra Nuoym Ruica uv [Zane] ec vysuic vun paehk ehdnujandat, yht dra uhmo vyla dryd dra bipmel nalukhewa ec dra vyla uv Asbanun [Razan]. E... icat du pa y nadyehan uv dra [Zane] vysemo, yccekhat du pa dra ouihk Bnehla'c didun eh dra fyoc uv pyddma. So canjelac fana dansehydat yvdan rec taydr. Rec clyn... E pameaja ed unekehydat tinehk y cbynnehk ehletahd, ymdruikr E fyc hud drana yd dra desa."

"I see... As long as you avoid the capital, you should be fine. The Royal House of [Zane] is famous for being introverted, and the only face that the public recognize is the face of Emperor [Razan]. I... used to be a retainer of the [Zane] family, assigned to be the young Prince's tutor in the ways of battle. My services were terminated after his death. His scar... I believe it originated during a sparring incident, although I was not there at the time."

He looks up into the sky.

"...E cikkacd oui syga ed uid uv rana. Du dra cuidr ec dra lybedym, frelr ec frana E femm pa kuehk. Du dra aycd ec dra cay, yht du dra facd ec dra [Forest of Woe] - uhla oui kad bycd drana, oui'mm pa yd dra puntan padfaah [Home] yht dra myhtc uv [Ivalice]. Du dra hundr ec y haidnym dufh dryd lmyesc hu ymmakeyhla ghufh yc [Dale]. Oui syo redlr yh yencreb drana."

"...I suggest you make it out of here. To the south is the capital, which is where I will be going. To the east is the sea, and to the west is the [Forest of Woe] - once you get past there, you'll be at the border between [Home] and the lands of [Ivalice]. To the north is a neutral town that claims no allegiance known as [Dale]. You may hitch an airship there."

Vasha looks at Ralix once more, nodding.

"...Rubavimmo E femm caa oui ykyeh. E sicd mayja huf. Drec femm tasyht y mynka fneddah nabund."

"...Hopefully I will see you again. I must leave now. This will demand a large written report."

With that said, Vasha walks off. There are no guards in the vicinity now, and everything is fine. The sun is shining, and the grass is green. Freedom is within your grasp now.

Viera Champion
2009-12-29, 12:03 AM
Lay slips out of her hiding place and up next to Ralix.
Good job.
She says as she pops up next to him.

Kasanip
2009-12-29, 12:43 AM
Eri also emerges soon afterwards, stretching languidly and looking quite pleased with the grassy landscape.

"Did you make a new friend?" She asked politely to Ralix, though the smug look on her face might have had other interpretations.

Lycan 01
2009-12-29, 01:46 AM
Ralix looks at his friends, lets out a loud sigh, and then plops down and sits on the grass. "My head hurts..." he groans, massaging his temples. "Between lying about ya'll, hoping we wouldn't get busted, trying to talk to Vasha, and attempting to comprehend everything I'm hearing... my mind is fried." Ralix sighs again, lays down on the grass, and stretches. He then puts his hands behind his head, crosses his legs, and begins to watch the clouds. "Man, it feels good to not have people trying to kill you for no reason... For a moment, at least."

After relaxing a moment, Ralix grins. "Alright, who's up for story time?"

Revanmal
2009-12-29, 02:01 AM
Surg sits quietly beside Ralix , his eyes drawn to the sky.

He was free.

He took a deep breath, filling his lungs with the clean air and the scents of grass and what may have been wildflowers. Freedom. It was incredible. But also... overwhelming.

In the open air, the calm allowed his mind to clear, and he began to realize just how lost they all were. None of them seemed to remember anything - only their names remained, and that alone would not get them far. Did Surg have family? Friends? A home? Where exactly were they? What was this world called? Where would they go? What would they do? Why were they in that strange room? What did those shards of crystal mean? Everything was so strange.

He was a truly blank slate: he knew next to nothing. All he knew was that the people around him were his friends, and that the funny-talking people in wetsuits liked big crystals.

"I would be very happy to hear anything you might have to say, Ralix." he schooled his expression into one of apathy, but his sadness was hard to keep out of his eyes as he drew his knees to his chest and rested his chin on the folded arms he laid across them. "Anything you could teach would no doubt be news to any of us."

Kasanip
2009-12-29, 02:51 AM
Eri nodded as she stretched out in the grass. She propped her elbows up and stared at Ralix and the others from where she lay, though her ears twitched occassionally.

"Let's hear the tale then. I must say I am starting to become curious who we are...and why we are here."

Viera Champion
2009-12-29, 08:32 AM
Lay's rabbit ears twitch slightly as she sits down and gets ready for the story.
Ralix said he might be a prince. Then maybe I'm a princess!
She laughs.

Jayngfet
2009-12-29, 10:55 AM
"Ok, lets see what's going on here, shoot." Thana looks in all directions, in case anything ELSE bad happened today.

Viera Champion
2009-12-30, 01:34 PM
Lay sits, waiting imaptiently.
Are you gonna stand there all day or tell us the story.

Lycan 01
2009-12-30, 10:06 PM
Ralix takes a deep breath, and then starts. "Once upon a time, some people randomly woke up in a room with no idea who they were or how they got there. Then a conveniently places Crystal exploded, and that was the beginning of their adventure..."

Ralix then proceeds to tell them everything he's learned. Who Vasha was, who the Prince was, what he'd told Vasha, what the nearest places where, and everything else his "old friend" had told him. He answers any questions they have, sparing no details and keeping completely honest.

"So yeah, I made ya'll out to be the bad guys. Sorry 'bout that. But at least I got a cool gun!" he grins at the end of his story.

(Sorry for the delay, and the lack of detail. I am NOT recalling all of that in my own words...)

Revanmal
2010-01-01, 04:15 AM
Surg lies back to stare at the clear sky, allowing the information to wash over him.

"So what comes next?" he asks to no one in particular. He plays absentmindedly with a Gil he'd fished from his pocket. "Where do we go from here? We've little more than a few thousand bits of whatever this currency is, our weapons, and the clothes on our backs. The only one who knows anything about himself is Ralix, and we can't exactly ask his buddies for help because they'd kill us."

Surg rolls on his side, propping his head on his hand and looking sadly at the assembled party. "This is a pretty messed up situation, guys. I don't really know what we should do."

Jayngfet
2010-01-01, 04:27 AM
"I know." Thana gets up and looks. "We go..."

He looks around and points in a random direction away from the guard "That way."

Kasanip
2010-01-01, 06:09 AM
Eri gave a sideways glance to Surg, still with a playfully curious smile on her face.

"Yes... I think there is still plenty for us to find out. Ralix may have a clue to who he is, but we don't yet. So, let's start there! None of the names of the lands that your 'friend' told you are familiar to me...but perhaps we best should find one."

She stood up and stretched, before tapping her chin as she pondered.

"Let's see... A forest with a menacing name to the west, a capitol to the south, a sea to the east, and a neutral town to the north.

In this case, I suggest we go north! Neutral means no one will be angry or hunting us, right?" She asked, looking around.

Viera Champion
2010-01-01, 08:57 AM
Lay nods.
I agree with Eri. It would make much more sense to go north than any other direction.

Lycan 01
2010-01-01, 09:32 PM
"I agree!" Ralix chimes, leaping to his feet and dusting himself off. "Lets head North. Maybe we can get some more information, and figure out where to go from there..."

Viera Champion
2010-01-02, 01:01 AM
Well it seems that curiosity has stuck us together. So is everyone ok with heading north to the nuetral town?

Revanmal
2010-01-02, 01:24 AM
Surg nods as he sits up, relieved that at the least they had a goal for now.

"Let's go."

Lycan 01
2010-01-02, 04:10 AM
Ralix stretches, and begins to pop his back, neck, and other joints so he'll be relaxed and ready for the long journey. "Well, I guess we'd better start walking. Lets try to find a path or road or something, and then hopefully we'll find an inn along the way. There's no telling how far off the city is, and I'd rather not be lost in the dark. So, if we see an inn or tavern or something like that, I say we drop in and rent some rooms. We can gather information, get directions, and buy supplies. Plus, I'm lazy, and I could use a nap. Heh heh... Then in the morning, once we've all had a good night's rest, we can begin afresh. What do you guys thinks?"

Viera Champion
2010-01-02, 08:59 AM
Well I already know Eri likes the idea. So, we have a majority on going north. I'm ready to go whenever you guys are.

Kasanip
2010-01-02, 10:51 AM
"I think I vote for Ralix to be party leader for now~." Eri responded with a toothy grin.

"Come on boys, adventure is awaiting!" The mithra girl said, adjusting her berret before starting to tromp off, northwards.

Viera Champion
2010-01-02, 11:13 AM
Lay Laughs and grins too.
I agree let the prince lead the way.

Lycan 01
2010-01-02, 04:24 PM
"Party leader, huh?" Ralix looks back over his shoulder and grins mischeviously as he walks. "If you want to trust me, the aloof and mischevious rogue, with not getting ya'll killed, go ahead... I personally think we shouldn't really have a leader, but instead make choices as a group. I can still do all the talking for us, though... At any rate, lets get going. I reaaaaally don't want the sun to set on us while we're out in the open. I just have a bad feeling about that..."

Viera Champion
2010-01-02, 04:51 PM
You just risked your own life five times over to save ours, and were supposed to be afraid that you'll get us killed?

Elagune
2010-01-03, 02:12 PM
The party sets off, heading north in the direction that Vasha had pointed towards. Thankfully there was a trail here, something that had been created through time as many pairs of legs and wheels pounded the ground and packed the earth hard enough to prevent grass from growing. The sun was shining... It seems like morning, fittingly enough. The episode in the Water Shrine had been the darkest moment before dawn.

After traversing at least a couple hours and the sun moves above your heads, you see a figure in the distance. He is clad in simple clothing - no armour or weaponry of any kind, and is riding on a golden yellow bird the size of a horse. You realize that he's getting bigger... He's getting closer! Closing up behind him are three other chocobos, these ones being ridden by little wrinkled creatures with great big noses and triangular hats, and these don't seem to be friendly.

Revanmal
2010-01-03, 02:20 PM
Surg carefully places himself to one side of the stranger's path, and begins shouting at him to catch his attention. He prepares to jump after him and grab hold if the rider refuses to stop.

"OI! Hey, you! Slow down, what's going on!?"

Viera Champion
2010-01-03, 05:33 PM
Lay glares at Surg as if to say "Shut up! How do you know we can trust them?"

Kasanip
2010-01-03, 05:55 PM
Eri's eyes widened as she looked at the large birds, though her mysterious smile didn't fade. Her ears did perk up a bit though, and one of her hands twitched idly at her side.

"Those ones coming up behind don't look too friendly." She commented obviously, though the sniff of the air that she took didn't seem to reveal anything.
As Lay growled at Surg, the mithra shrugged in an exaggerated manner, albiet ruefully.
"Too late now. Let's be optimistic this time." With the slightest of a grimace, she stepped out onto the road behind Surg and raised her hand to wave at the rider, hoping that it would get his attention.

Lycan 01
2010-01-03, 08:24 PM
Ralix sighs, clapping his hands together and shaking his head. "Wellll... I was going to suggest we talk this over before we got involved, buuuuut it seems we have no choice in that matter now. Good job, Surg!" the Thief playfully gives his ally a big thumbs up gesture. He then steps to the opposite side of the road from his allies, so that they'll have a flanking position. He then places his hand on the hilt of his holstered gunblade, but does not draw it yet. He wants to see what the situation is before he shows any sign of hostility.

Viera Champion
2010-01-03, 08:52 PM
Lay just puts on her best smile for the driver and holds her magic at the ready.

Elagune
2010-01-05, 11:56 PM
As he comes closer, the figure's appearance is revealed. He is short, youthful in stature and in complexion. The clothing he wears resembles what the guards did earlier, although they resemble Ralix's clothing even more save the shabbiness and the dirt. White hair frames his face, and his glasses are fogging over as he pants for breath. His chocobo seems to be running out of breath as well, as its knees shake. Both rider and steed seem ready to collapse.

He sees you, and calls out.

"Oui...! No, you! You guys have weapons?!" he cries, realizing from your dress that you do not speak the same language he does normally. "Help me! Save me! I'll repay you generously!"

Jayngfet
2010-01-06, 12:24 AM
Thana rushes to the mans defense, scanning the area for the smallest of the three enemies. He faces that one, meaning to take out the small ones first and diminish the advantage of numbers.

As he faces the small one he takes a defensive stance and shouts "What's going on here?"

Lycan 01
2010-01-06, 12:31 AM
Before the man gets too close, Ralix flashes a grin at the rest of the party. "I soooo want to order him to stop in the name of Prince Ralix Zane of the Al Bhed Empire. Ya'll think I should? Heh heh heh... Once we get him to stop, though, somebody stand guard while the rest of us run ahead and get those other guys to stop. If we're able to make them stop, we have to keep these people apart so things don't get messy..."

Kasanip
2010-01-06, 06:23 AM
"I'm on it, boss." Eri said playfully, though she eyed the birds more than the people. Still, she politely stepped around they're current...what was the word? Charge? Protectee? She wasn't sure. The three who had approached certainly didn't look as friendly or happy to see them. But Eri stuck back close enough to their protectee that she could keep an eye on him and still be able to cast magic should it become necessary. No point in drawing more attention to herself yet though.

Viera Champion
2010-01-06, 07:06 AM
Lay follows here natural white Mage instinct and rushes over to the man. She kneels down and sets her staff next to her. She puts her hands on him.
Are you hurt anywhere?

Revanmal
2010-01-06, 01:03 PM
Surg moves beside Thana, taking his combat stance as the three pointy-looking people approached. Hoping they could understand him, he shouts again to catch their attention.

"Alright, the three of you, calm down. Just what exactly is going on here, and who are you?"

Lycan 01
2010-01-07, 12:49 AM
"Keep quiet and wait here, my good man. We'll see if we can sort this out..." Ralix tells the man in Al Bhed, grinning broadly. He then runs ahead, and skids to a stop between Thana and Surg. He gestures over his shoulder with his thumb, and grins. "Sorry to intrude, but do you mind telling us why you're chasing that Al Bhed guy? He doesn't seem like the sort to be an escape criminal or anything, and you guys don't strike me as the long arm of the law. So, whats up?"

Fan
2010-01-07, 03:44 AM
Stefen had been oddly silent, and oddly useless these past few half hours, or whatever amount of time had passed, and this had mostly been due to inexplicable reasons that simply happen.

He moves forward, catching up with the party from the back, where he had trudged along, and takes a back seat to the man who apparently knew what he was doing in social encounters.

Elagune
2010-01-08, 02:35 AM
"Why are you trying to reason with goblins?!" cries the man in front as he rides past the group.

Just as he crosses the last party member, the chocobo collapses, its adrenaline running out, and the man falls from his saddle, landing on the ground. It seems that he has been escaping for a long time, and if his wounds are anything to go by then these goblins are not merciful enemies.

[BATTLE START]

The goblin in the lead grins, looking at the party, and readies its arms. The two goblins at the side, smaller ones with blue hats rather than red, split off to the side in what seems to be a set formation, preparing themselves. They jibber and jabber, as drool fly from their rabid mouths.

The lead goblin rams into Thana, standing at the front, launching him backwards. Although the goblin itself doesn't seem to be that strong, the chocobo's forceful legs and the momentum of the blow add enough to the hit to launch the armoured warrior backwards.

[Gobbledegook attacks! Thana takes 60 damage!]
[Goblin A prepares!]
[Goblin B prepares!]

Lycan 01
2010-01-08, 02:55 AM
"Right-o. Let me respond to this show of hostility in the following way..." Ralix responds politely.

He then reaches into one of his pockets, withdraws the grenade he built earlier that day, presses the red button to arm it, and then casually lobs it into the center of the goblin formation.

[Ralix uses Grenade on the center Goblin!]

Viera Champion
2010-01-08, 08:17 AM
Lay yells as Thana gets hit.
Gah! Why can't anyone be hurt next to the other people that are hurt?! This healing one by one thing is annoying!
Strange thingto yell in te middle of a fight but she yells it all the same.
Thana is somewhat of a teammate tos me now. He is more important than this person. But I can still try and protect him if I stand here. But I am not wasting any of my cures on him right now.

The soft green glow surrounds Lay where she kneels next to the injured stranger. The glow then surrounds Thana.

[Lay casts Cure on Thana!]

Kasanip
2010-01-08, 08:46 AM
Eri whistles lowly as she grabs the chocobo's reins in one hand, patting the bird's side with her other one.
"There, there. No need to run for now." She said to the bird with a grin, before looking down at Lay.
"Don't worry about this guy." She remarked with a wink, nudging their protectee's boot with a foot.
"I'll keep an eye on him while you focus on our friends." She continued, seemingly satisfied for now. After looking to make sure their new 'friend' wasn't going to die from blood loss, she returned her attention to the battlefield. Keeping a mild hand on the chocobo's reins in case it decided to try and run off.

(Eri will wait until the grenade's effect on the enemy is determined... If Fire is looking effective, she'll cast Fire! If it's not looking effective, she'll cast Lightning! ... on the weakest looking enemy.)

Revanmal
2010-01-08, 01:24 PM
"So these things are called 'Goblins'? Well, if they're all this ugly I don't think I'll be seeking them out anytime soon."

Surg decides that his previous tactics had worked well enough for a big fireball, so they should work for these little bastards. Once more he directs his Chi from his center to his fists, muscles flexing and ligaments tightening as his whole body tenses with power!

"Kiii-YAI!"

[Surg uses Accumulate]

Viera Champion
2010-01-09, 11:24 AM
Lay nods at Eri and rushes over to Thana. She has already healed him so she can't do so again. But she will do her best to protect him.

Jayngfet
2010-01-09, 07:04 PM
Thana attacks Gobbldigook's chocoboHis arm comes up from low, aiming at the mounts legs. Without the Chocobo to provide force it shouldn't be much of a problem. And there always was the possibility it'd hurt itself falling off if the chocobo staggers.

"You guys take out the little ones, leave this bastard to me!"

Viera Champion
2010-01-10, 11:36 PM
Lay stays near Thana since she can't protect herself. Also so she can heal him again when she is able to again.

Elagune
2010-01-11, 02:11 AM
[Ralix uses Grenade! The Gobbledegook took 150 damage!]
[Layla casts Cure! Thana has recovered 60 HP!]
[Surg uses Accumulate! Strength is temporarily boosted!]
[Thana attacks! Gobbledegook's Chocobo has sustained damage. The Chocobo has fled!]

The grenade is lobbed over into the path of the rampaging goblin, and explodes just as the yellow-feathered bird steps into its path. The explosion of the device sends the creature off-balance, warking in pain, and the goblin on its back gripping at its neck for dear life. Before it is able to do anything, however, Thana charges in, cutting at the bird's underbelly. The blade meets skin, and the Chocobo is spooked, ripping at the air and trying to get as far away as possible. The Gobblegegook is launched from the backside, hitting the ground with a thud.

At the side, Surg closes his eyes and accumulates strength in his arms, and Layla puts her hands out, letting her magic enter Thana's being. His wounds sustained from the previous attack have now been healed.

[Gobbledegook is stunned!]
[Goblin A and Goblin B cast Double Goblin Punch!]
[The party takes 30 damage!]

The goblin in the lead had fallen off his Chocobo, and was now understandably stunned. He had hit the ground something fierce, and his eyes were out of focus. At his side, the two other goblins charged, smashing into the midst of the party with their arms swinging.

Lycan 01
2010-01-11, 02:21 AM
Rolling with the punches, Ralix reaches for his belt and grips the handle of his gunknife. As the goblin that struck him passes by, Ralix spins around, draws his weapon, and strikes. He attempts to plunge the blade into the goblin's back, and sink the knife as deep as he can. He then hopes to pull the trigger, putting a round into the monster at point blank range. As he attacks, he calls out to his allies: "Spare the leader! Maybe we can take him alive..."

Ralix has no idea what he can do with a captive goblin leader, but its got to be slightly more useful than a dead goblin leader. If anything, they could at least dress him in a funny hat and make him do a little dance to pass the time while they went about their journey...

[Ralix attacks the nearest Goblin with his Gunknife!]

Revanmal
2010-01-11, 02:34 AM
Surg glances skeptically at Ralix's statement, wondering just what he was getting at. What good would a goblin do...?

With a shrug, Surg turns and leaps toward the goblin Ralix had not stabbed, aiming a hard punch to its chest, trying to knock the little wart off its steed as it passes by.

Kasanip
2010-01-11, 03:53 AM
Eri winced from the blow and her smile flickered off of her face for a second. She looked at the three goblins, and decided, even if she disagreed with Ralix's plan, for now it might work to eliminate the two other goblins faster.

So she raised her free hand and went through the motions as she recited the spell, with subtle quickness that seemed to capture the element itself. A brief flicker and hiss of static errupted and hopped down her arm with a fury before exploding into a bolt of lightning that blasted into the goblin that Surg had attacked.

(I'm just going to assume Ralix attacked Goblin A, and Surg & Eri are attacking Goblin B as of right now)

[Eri casts Thunder on Goblin B!]

Viera Champion
2010-01-11, 06:51 AM
Lay winces at the blows but remains standing. Her ears are sent into a furious rage.:smalltongue: She should probably heal herself since she is the weakest member of the party when it comes to enduring blows. But she is also one of the most selfless members. She looks at Eri and is about to heal her when she realizes that Eri doesn't participate in combat very much and so has less of a chance of getting hurt. So instead, when the glow surrounds her it surrounds Ralix too.

[Lay cast Cure on Ralix!]

Jayngfet
2010-01-11, 08:30 PM
Thana grunts, his eyes twitching for a fraction of a second as he charges on the goblin leader, using his vulnerable moment to end the battle, chargin in and bringing his blade down for one final blow, using every bit of weight and strength he can muster to get in a clean blow to the neck and end this.

Elagune
2010-01-14, 01:03 AM
[Ralix attacks! Goblin A takes 60 damage!]
[Ralix suffers recoil. Recieved 20 damage!]
[Goblin A's Chocobo has fled!]
[Surg attacks! Goblin B takes 70 damage!]
[Goblin B's Chocobo has fled!]
[Eri casts Thunder! Goblin B takes 50 damage!]
[Goblin B has been defeated!]
[Layla casts Cure! Ralix has recovered 60 HP!]
[Thana attacks! CRITICAL! Gobbledegook takes 80 damage!]
[Gobbledegook has been slain!]
[Goblin A casts Goblin Punch! Stefen takes 60 damage!]
[Stefen has learned 'Goblin Punch!]

Ralix pulls out his weapon, jumping and stabbing it into the gut of the monster he faces. The blue-capped beast gasps for a second, before the Al Bhed thief pulls the trigger. The blast knocks Ralix off his feet, blowing him backwards and bruising his wrist from the blow. What little damage he suffers is nothing compared with the goblin's agony though, as it is blown from the chocobo's back, before hitting the ground, coming to a stop, and crouching on the grass, grasping at the gaping hole in its gut in pain. But the monster displays a front of resilience worthy of the gods, and gets back on its feet, its face scrunched in pain.

Surg charges at the other one, delivering a flying clothesline to the goblin on board, smashing the beast into the ground and off the chocobo. The goblin gasps, clutching at its windpipe, and the chocobo runs off to join its companions, happily free of their masters. Before the goblin has a chance to move, however, a bolt of lightning strikes from the sky, killing the beast as it stands.

Ralix is surrounded by a warm glow, and his wounds heal. Layla is at the side, casting the spell. Just then Thana attacks, striking at the stunned leader. Vulnerable and confused, the beast snaps out of its daze just in time to feel the cold steel going through its neck. The beast flops to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut.

The last goblin, surrounded by enemies and without a Chocobo to escape with, engages in a suicidal strike. It lands a storm of powerful blows on Stefen, who is caught unaware, and the barrage of punches is enough to make him cough up blood. However, in the midst of the attack, something clicks in Stefen's head, allowing new knowledge to flow into his brain. He catches the last hit right before it strikes his head, and jumps backwards to avoid the finisher.

Lycan 01
2010-01-14, 03:12 AM
"Okay..." Ralix looks at the bloody weapon in his hand, and flexes his wrist a few times, "This sucker kicks a bit more than I expected... And this is the standard issue Al Bhed weapon WHY?!"

He then turns towards the last Goblin, and runs up behind him. While he's not paying attention, the Thief picks his pockets.

[Ralix uses Steal!]

Viera Champion
2010-01-14, 06:58 AM
Lay rolls her eyes at Ralix's thievery and the glow that surrounds her is moved to Stefen.

[Lay casts Cure on Stefen!]

Jayngfet
2010-01-16, 05:30 AM
Thana cuts in, stopping the lethal strike by hitting the goblin in the back of the head with his shield lightly enough to be nonlethel, but hard enough to get him to stop.

"Fights over, you lost. Give up and we won't need to kill you."

Kasanip
2010-01-16, 06:39 AM
Eri looks with satisfaction at the sky, as if she is happy the lightning bolt came down where it did. Well, what reason was there to not be happy? It had struck the intended target afterall... but you never could be too sure with lightning if it'd do what you wanted to.

Seeing the last enemy remaining, Eri turned to the collapsed rider, still holding onto the Chocobo gently with her hand. She rummaged into the bag at her waist, and frowned, finding only an Ether.
"Ah...well, I thought I had a potion around her somewhere... Sorrrry friend, 'guess we'll have to wait for Lay to come over after the fight is finished." She gives him an apologetic wincing smile and looks back at the battle.

If the Goblin doesn't surrender or die by the end of the rest of her team's attack, Eri will [cast Thunder again]

Fan
2010-01-17, 05:34 AM
Stefen being injured, but carrying a boat load of potions, shifts slightly towards his pack, his fingers working carefully on copper clasps while he dodges blows, and dances around his opponent... Then he gets hit... and he all but upchucks his lunch, as he collapses gasping for air.

Thankfully, then the cure comes.

Okay... Enough Screwing around Stefen... Time to get your ass in gear, and kick this punk into the dirt!

He holds up a single hand, it beginning to glow with the blue magic energy, tendrils of the blue magic wrapping around his fist as he channeled the energy of the blow he had just recieved.

"Do you really think I'd just let you hit me like that, and get away with it?!"

He then delivers a mimic of the beasts ability to the back of it's head, aiming to knock the beast unconsious.. So much easier then capturing it while it was AWAKE, and willing to kill you with it's last breath.

"Now we can hopefully tie it up, and do a interogattion, when it's not behaving like a cornered animal, and not willing to kill us with it's last breath."