PDA

View Full Version : Steve's Voices

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 06:42 PM
Meet Steve. He's 22, lives in an suburban apartment, has relatively good health, and works at a shoe store. He has a Business degree, a few good friends, and a girlfriend named Cindy. He doesn't hear from his parents much, and his little bro is a dead-beat. His life is relatively good right now - he hates his job, but it puts money in the bank, and things are good with Cindy, as long as he doesn't piss her off. There's just one problem...

He has voices in his head which tell him what to do.

---

Steve's alarm clock is going off. Its 6:30 AM. Work is at 8. He needs time to get up, take a shower, eat breakfast, and maybe watch some tv or something before he has to leave and drive to work. He probably should get up and start getting ready. But... Another 5 minutes wouldn't hurt anything, would it?

ThePhantom
2009-12-20, 06:44 PM
Insanity

Yes Emperor Steve, sleep, and then become a beautiful butterfly.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 06:48 PM
The Feminine Side
No Steve! If you don't get up now then you won't have enough time to take a super long shower, then stare at your closet deciding which tie would match your suit best!

MrEdwardNigma
Self-Loathing

Christ, why get out of bed just to go to that crummy job? I mean, seriously Steve, shoe salesman? This was our ambition? This was our childhood dream? This was all we could accomplish with all our efforts? A minimum wage job dealing with people's smelly feet? God...

Just turn off the alarm and roll over. Might as well sleep in today. Forget what a miserable sod you are for just a bit.

Neknoh
Self Destructive

Steve, you have been working hard lately, maybe reward yourself? Just a few more minutes would be just fine.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 06:49 PM
Conscience

Get up, Steve. You don't want to be late; you're already on thin ice from when you pretended to be sick last week.

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 06:49 PM
Paranoia

Sleeping will only help the monsters get you.

Better to stay awake.
Quick! Head under the covers! They can't get you then

Neknoh
2009-12-20, 06:50 PM
Destructive
Tch, quiet Concience, since when has just five or ten more minutes hurt anyone?

Greystone
2009-12-20, 06:51 PM
Sarcasm

Oh sure Steve, you can take five minutes, I mean- its just a job right? Pfff, and you wonder why your boss calls you lazy!

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 06:51 PM
Paranoia

Five or ten minutes is more than enough time for them to get us

ThePhantom
2009-12-20, 06:52 PM
Insanity

Its does hurt when monsters eat your flesh. Quick take a shower, then become one with your car.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 06:53 PM
Manipulative Shoulder Devil

Sure, work, that's important and all, but you don't want to be all tired and grumpy when you're there right? The last thing you need right now is to get snappy at some customer, amirite?

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-20, 06:54 PM
Paranoia

Five or ten minutes is more than enough time for them to get us

Self-Loathing

I say let them. maybe something interesting will happen for once, instead of that same old bore. Working all day in the shoe store, washing, cleaning, blah, blah, blah, staring at a girlfriend you know is about to leave you. Might as well shake it up a bit. What have we got to lose?

Madmal
2009-12-20, 06:54 PM
Personal mediation
Well, crummy job as it is, we currently need the money. Rise and Shine Steve. while losing this job would clearly help to motivate us to find a better one, we still need to cover expenses made to get to that wedding...erhm...what was the name of the bride...i'm not memory....

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 06:55 PM
The Feminine Side
Steve. If you don't get up now you won't even have time to eat your Special K and cut out the donate to breast cancer foundations box top.

TruorTupnm
Self-Confidence

You're awesome, Steve. You deserve five more minutes of sleep. At least! You can totally get up whenever you want and still be on time for work, because you are super fast.

Neknoh
Self-Loathing

I say let them. maybe something interesting will happen for once, instead of that same old bore. Working all day in the shoe store, washing, cleaning, blah, blah, blah, staring at a girlfriend you know is about to leave you. Might as well shake it up a bit. What have we got to lose?

Destructive

Speaking of that, didn't you promise you'd call her today? Why not do it now, might as well help you wake up properly if you do, call her and stay on the phone for a while, maybe get up and brush your teeth or something whilst you do.

Yes, phone her Steve

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 06:56 PM
Self-Loathing

I say let them.
Paranoia

You're working with them aren't you... I've got Steve's eye on you...

ThePhantom
2009-12-20, 06:56 PM
Insanity

I wonder when we get to the part where we all scream Steve at the top of our lungs and save his life.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-20, 06:57 PM
Personal mediation
Well, crummy job as it is, we currently need the money. Rise and Shine Steve.

Self-Loathing
Pfeh. No doubt we would make more on unemployment, or begging for that matter, and we wouldn't have to deal with people's feet, or that **** of a boss. What kind of world puts that kind of man in charge of you? What kind of man does that make YOU, Steve? Are you even a man?

Madmal
2009-12-20, 06:58 PM
Insanity

I wonder when we get to the part where we all scream Steve at the top of our lungs and save his life.

Personal reasoning
If that get's him up, i'll let the probable damage to the psyche slide.

Self-Loathing
Pfeh. No doubt we would make more on unemployment, or begging for that matter, and we wouldn't have to deal with people's feet, or that **** of a boss. What kind of world puts that kind of man in charge of you? What kind of man does that make YOU, Steve? Are you even a man?

You're too busy loathing to check the status of this economy, right?

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:00 PM
Destructive

Speaking of that, didn't you promise you'd call her today? Why not do it now, might as well help you wake up properly if you do, call her and stay on the phone for a while, maybe get up and brush your teeth or something whilst you do.

Yes, phone her Steve
The Feminine Side
Ugh... Don't call her, Steve. She doesn't deserve your call. I mean really... Did you see the heels she wore last night? They are so last year.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 07:46 PM
Steve groans and hits his alarm clock, shutting it off. After a few seconds, he lets out a growl and staggers out of bed. Yawning and stretching, he looks at the clock. 6:32 AM... Still plenty of time for a shower, breakfast, and some tv. The question is, in what order? Some pain relieving medicine might be a good idea, too. He could feel a headache already starting to form...

---

Steve has until 7:30 to get ready. That'll give him plenty of time to drive to work and clock in early. Hopefully. Until then, please help Steve decide what he wants to do. :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:50 PM
The Feminine Side
Steve, go eat your Special K. Then you can watch a soap opera for a short time. Maybe Army Wives. And at 7:00 you should use your last half hour to take a shower. And I mean the whole half hour.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 07:51 PM
Conscience

Shower first, then eat. If that doesn't help your headache, take an Asprin or two. Just don't over dose.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 07:51 PM
Self-Confidence

Okay, Steve, we are going to take a shower, then eat some breakfast and see what's on TV, before going to work to easily be the best employee there. That's how we always do it. And who could come up with a better routine than Steve's, huh?

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-20, 07:52 PM
Self-loathing
Let's numb the pain with some pills. A whole bunch of painkillers should keep you from realising how awful your life is for a while at least, and it'll help with the headache. It's completely necessary, you can't work with a headache like that. C'mon, it'll do you good. To soften the edges a bit.

Maybe wash it down with some leftover beer from yesterday. It's just standing around anyways. It'll go bad, like everything goes bad around here. Like those vegetables from last week. Couldn't even leave them lying around for two days. Your own stupid fauly, you suppose. Fooled again by the supermarket. If you didn't make so little money you wouldn't have to try to save it by buying the vegetables on sale. Now you just lost that money and had to buy other vegetables anyways. Smart move.

Anyways, the beer might make things better for a while. Help you forget.

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 07:53 PM
Paranoia

What's so special about "Special" K? I don't trust it...

Yes, shower. Wash away your scent. They can't track what they can't smell...

Greystone
2009-12-20, 07:53 PM
Sarcasm

Yeah drugs, that's the manly way. C'mon, nut up and ignore the pain.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 07:57 PM
Self-Confidence

You don't need any stinking pills, Steve. You are too tough to be done in by a headache. Probably just some bad dreams messing with you. Also, who cares what there is to eat? You can go days without food, anyway. How'd you get so awesome?

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 07:59 PM
The Feminine Side
Ugh... Drugs? That is so utterly irresponsible I don't even want to talk about it. You need to take a shower last. So you are clean right before you go to work. Plus, if you shower first you won't be able to watch the new episode of Army Wives.

Greystone
2009-12-20, 08:00 PM
Self-Confidence

You don't need any stinking pills, Steve. You are too tough to be done in by a headache. Probably just some bad dreams messing with you. Also, who cares what there is to eat? You can go days without food, anyway. How'd you get so awesome?

Days without food? You barely make it to Lunch every day. C'mon Steve, drop this Special K nonsense and pull out the microwavable sausage mcmuffins.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 08:03 PM
Conscience

Avoid the beer, it's not good to be drunk. You're a mean person when your drunk, and you shouldn't subject others to that.

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 08:04 PM
Paranoia

Microwaves cause cancer and infertility. Better to eat the sausage mcmuffins raw than risk it.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 08:09 PM

Well, and this all ties back into my "don't want to be snappy" thing, you should definately take some of that medicine. I know it says you should only take one, but two won't hurt and you DO have a long day ahead of you... after that, well, you should eat some breakfast. Something filling and good, none of this "special K" crap *yeuch* you might as well eat sawdust. You should really hit the shower after breakfast, then some T.V. Your favorite shows come on then, and you really shouldn't miss your favorites before heading off to your boring job, eh?

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 08:15 PM
Self-Confidence

Come on. Work through the pain, Steve. Get that shower knocked out first. You know about discipline. And then, yeah, the sausage mcmuffins, man. You definitely know what to spend your money on!

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:15 PM
The Feminine Side
Dont watch any of the crap these guys tell you to watch. Watch a soap opera like Army Wives. Or maybe you can watch Animal Planet and learn about how you can save all those cute polar bears.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 08:16 PM

Work through the pain? Sure, thats fine, if you don't mind getting fired for yelling at the customers for being too loud. Seriously, an extra dose'll keep your headache down all day, and will make this day go by like a breeze. Just watch what you want. Don't waste your time before your boring job watching something stupid. Soaps are what old women with too much time on their hands watch...

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:23 PM
Soaps are what old women with too much time on their hands watch...
The Feminine Side
What is that supposed to mean. Soaps are good for everyone, and Steve needs his daily dose of them. He does not need a daily dose of those pills though. He should get natural medicines, they are better for you.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 08:23 PM
Self-Confidence

Hey, if Steve feels like yelling at idiot customers all day, they obviously deserve it. Go on. They need you to yell at them, most of the time, since they can't decide anything for themselves. Not like you, Steve, you so decisive! Television-wise, it's just background noise, really. Nothing on that screen is as awesome as you.

Neknoh
2009-12-20, 08:25 PM
Destructive

And even if the pills are bad, it could be worse, honestly, you could be taking stronger stuff or trying to end it all. All you want to do is make this headache, this hammering, jarring feeling of pain and regret go away, take some, not too many, just a few.

Then wait and see, if they don't quite work, you could always wash them down with a small glass of whiskey, seing as everything's going downhill, you need SOMETHING to cheer you up in the morning.

Or perhaps call her instead of that whiskey, don't you miss her? It's not too early for that you know, and with aspirin or something in you, you should be able to be on the phone for a while. Call her.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 08:29 PM

Maybe if you take the extra pills, it'll shut out the annoying voices, like the girly one and the self-aggrandizing one. Seriously, is he TRYING to get you fired? It's like he doesn't even care about you...

And seriously, natural medicines? You mean either "poison" or "useless overpriced garbage" right? You seem obssessed with worthless crap, soaps, "special K" "natural medicine" it's like the overhyped junk jamboree!

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:29 PM
The Feminine Side
How many times do I had to say it? Don't call her! She was wearing lime green boots with her orange dress yesterday. I mean, clash much? You need a new girl. One thats more up to date with fasion like you.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 08:33 PM
Conscience

Don't listen to her, Steve. It might not work out in the long run, but right now you both make each other happy! You can't put her through a break up!

Greystone
2009-12-20, 08:34 PM
The Feminine Side
How many times do I had to say it? Don't call her! She was wearing lime green boots with her orange dress yesterday. I mean, clash much? You need a new girl. One thats more up to date with fasion like you.
Sarcasm
Mhmmm, because your such a stud Steve. Your lucky to have one girlfriend, one you probably shouldn't piss off by calling her this early in the morning.

MrEdwardNigma
Self-Loathing
God... All these voices on top of everything else. Maybe some pills would drown out the terrible pain they're causing in that poor brainpan of yours? C'mon, Steve, quick, you need to fix this.

It's your own fault too, probably a hangover from last night. You know what they say, hangovers are best cured by getting a new buzz! It makes the day bareable. You're sure you could handle a million yelling old ladies who hit you with their umbrellas like that hag last monday with some pills and some beer.

Vexxation
Paranoia

Natural medicine? As opposed to unnatural medicine? You don't know enough about medicine to trust any of them. Sure, there're regulatory agencies, but they might have infiltrated. Better not risk taking the aspirin, then.

Actually... headache! They must be listening! They're monitoring your thoughts, right now! Only tinfoil can save your thoughts, Steve! Stop the thought-thieves! Wrap your head in tinfoil!

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:38 PM
The Feminine Side
You know what Steve. I changed my mind you need to call up your girlfriend right now. She is a disgrace to the female gender tell her this and add in something about her being a skank while your at it.

Greystone
2009-12-20, 08:41 PM
Self-Loathing
God... All these voices on top of everything else. Maybe some pills would drown out the terrible pain they're causing in that poor brainpan of yours? C'mon, Steve, quick, you need to fix this.

It's your own fault too, probably a hangover from last night. You know what they say, hangovers are best cured by getting a new buzz! It makes the day bareable. You're sure you could handle a million yelling old ladies who hit you with their umbrellas like that hag last monday with some pills and some beer.

Sarcasm
Yeah, and standing out in the sun is the best way to get rid of a sunburn. Think boy, Drinking got you here, are you willing to feel like this around, err, four?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 08:44 PM
The Feminine Side
You know what Steve. I changed my mind you need to call up your girlfriend right now. She is a disgrace to the female gender tell her this and add in something about her being a skank while your at it.

Conscience

Steve, don't you dare listen to her! Your girlfriend is a great person, and doesn't deserve anything of the sort!

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 08:45 PM
Ahhh... Okay, take a deep breath, Steve. Shower. Discipline. Sausage mcmuffins. Tasty. TV. Whatever's on. Pills? Only if the headache's making you go blind! Cindy? You don't need to talk to her, right now. You don't need anybody telling you what to do, right? Right.

Greystone
2009-12-20, 08:46 PM
Sarcasm

Yep, that same great person who drank all of the milk. Wait... if that means no cereal then I agree, don't call her a skank.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-20, 08:46 PM
Yeah, and standing out in the sun is the best way to get rid of a sunburn. Think boy, Drinking got you here, are you willing to feel like this around, err, four?

Self-Loathing
Then again, we pretty much feel like **** without it hangover or no, right? Our life SUCKS, remember? We're minimum wage shoesalesmen! We'll just have another beer at, uhm, four then! Problem solved.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 08:47 PM
Conscience

Steve, don't you dare listen to her! Your girlfriend is a great person, and doesn't deserve anything of the sort!
The Feminine Side
A great person? What great person has plastic surgery. She isn't even natural.

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 08:48 PM
Paranoia

For all we know they replaced her with a cyborg when she went under the knife.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 08:49 PM
Conscience

That's news to me; I think you're just making things up now.

Greystone
2009-12-20, 08:49 PM
Sarcasm

yes Steve she's a cyborg. If you call her she'll call in the robot army on your house!

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 08:50 PM

You're not natural lady. Listen Steve, shut all these wackos out and listen to your old pal. What you need is pills, two not one, to get you through the day. Next comes breakfast, something hardy and delicious, not woodchippings and sour milk. After that a shower, and after THAT, some well-deserved T.V. watching, your favorites! Just the kind of stuff to get your attitude up so it'll only be neutral when you're done with your job and all those annoying customers you gotta deal with.

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 08:51 PM
Sarcasm

yes Steve she's a cyborg. If you call her she'll call in the robot army on your house!

Paranoia

OH GODS NONONONONONO CYBORG ARMY NONONONONONONONO DON'T CALL HER DON'T DRAW HER IRE NONONONONONONO BAD NO

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 08:53 PM
Towards drinking as a crutch, no. Steve doesn't require any crutches! Crazy thoughts, those. Towards Cindy, hey, Steve chose her. Everyone is jealous. Go Steve.

Greystone
2009-12-20, 08:56 PM
Sarcasm

Steve chose Cindy? is that what you call hiding in the corner until a drunk girl came and propositioned?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 08:58 PM
Conscience

However it happened, they're a good match now. Don't do anything bad here, Steve. Neither of you can handle a breakup right now.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 09:02 PM
Oh, yeah. Steve has many ways of rolling, no doubt, but you can't deny that this way totally worked. All part of the plan. Steve doesn't hide. The ladies come to him. You know, Steve, a shower is one of your tried-and-true methods of attracting them...

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:02 PM
The Feminine Side
If I'm not natural than Steve isn't natural! Steve I'm worried about you. Your hanging out with the wrong crowd. Especially that skank Cindy. You should just take a shower. A nice hot shower should help with your headache.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 09:07 PM

Hear that Steve, she thinks you aren't natural. What kind of helpful person says that? You want to take a shower first, that's your call. But, I gotta say, the two pills are whats going to stick. A nice hot shower is all well and good for right now, but what about in a few hours when some lunatic is yelling at you because they can't use some coupon from the Jurassic period? You're going to need the heavy duty stuff then, and we both know it.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 09:10 PM
Conscience

Here, I've got a solution. Take an Asprin now, and pocket another in case your headache comes back. Sound good, buddy?

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:11 PM
The Feminine Side
If I had hands I would slap you, you stupid munipulative jerk! Steve hurry up and make a decision! Your wasting time just standing here.

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 09:24 PM
Steve shuffels into the kitchen, and takes an Advil with a glass of water. Although, he was tempted to down it with some beer... but he knew better than that. He then heads off to the shower. After a long, warm, and relaxing shower, he gets dressed for work and heads to the kitchen for breakfast. With plenty of time to spare, he microwaves a sausage mcmuffin and makes a small bowl of cereal. His girlfriend loved Special K, and somehow she'd gotten him into the stuff. Truth be told, he knew it was better for him - he'd already lost weight! He then sits down at the table with his breakfast, and turns on the tv. He switches back and forth between soap reruns, Animal Planet, and the morning news. His headache is mostly gone now, so he decides not to bother with any more Advil. He then puts his dishes in the sink, turns off the tv, grabs his keys, and heads off to work.

---

Two words: Morning traffic.

Steve's stuck in traffic. If he stays in line, he'll barely get into work on time. But if he cuts out into the next lane when there's a space, he might get hit or something. There is a lot of risk, as well as a lot of reward, for losing or keeping his patience...

Greystone
2009-12-20, 09:28 PM
Sarcasm

Go for the opening Steve, because you really want to be at your job faster.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-20, 09:29 PM
Conscience

Don't risk it, Steve. You could get hurt, and you know how much that'd hurt the people who love you! Not to mention that if you get in a wreck, you'll hurt somebody else, and that you'll cause even more of a backup. How would you like it if you were a few cars back, and couldn't go anywhere because somebody tried to save time and got in a crash?

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:32 PM
The Feminine Side
Do what your mom used to do. Drive as fast as you can, try to make it into any space possible, honk your horn, and flip people off. It works for all the women.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 09:36 PM
Go for it, Steve. You won't get hit. You know what you're doing. These other drivers are too meek. You see a space, you go for it!

Greystone
2009-12-20, 09:37 PM
The Feminine Side
Do what your mom used to do. Drive as fast as you can, try to make it into any space possible, honk your horn, and flip people off. It works for all the women.

Sarcasm

Yes, and don't forget to flip your hair and when the cop pulls you over- just put a little bit of the ol' girlish flirtation.

THAT didn't work for your Mom, I hope to god it doesn't help you.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:49 PM
The Feminine Side
Oh shut up Sarcasm. What do you know?

alexeduardo
2009-12-20, 09:51 PM
Super-Ego
Look, Steve, you've got a responsibility to arrive to work on time. Don't you dissapoint me, lad, I don't know if my heart could handle any more failures.
Goddamnit, I had a plan for you! A future! But you just threw it right down the drain, didn't you?
I don't know how they do things nowadays, but I always got to work on time! And I was glad to do so!

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:53 PM
Super Ego? Sounds more like fathers unwanted wisdom.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 09:54 PM

Sarcasm knows a hell of a lot more than you do lady. I mean, at least he can figure out the gender of the person whose head he's in!

Lycan 01
2009-12-20, 09:55 PM
(I'd say that's more so "Dad's Voice" than "Super-Ego" there. Super-Ego would be like "You can cut in front because you're AWESOME. You're better than those PUNKS. They can go screw themselves, because they'll never be anything as cool as YOU. YEAAAAAH!!" or something like that. Like Joe from Family Guy, or a cliche weight lifter persona...)

Madmal
2009-12-20, 09:56 PM
Personal mediation
Just keep it easy Steve, there's always traffic, on these hours.
Stay calm. if you think you can pull it off, than give it a try, but remember that you may risk getting even more later...or worse. Afterall, that gives high risks for a car accident...

Greystone
2009-12-20, 09:56 PM
Sarcasm

Waita second, are we really giving ourselves personification? And all this time I thought I was a figment of Steve's imagination. Maybe insanity is right? heh.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 09:58 PM
The Feminine Side
Hey! Steve needs his feminine side. Women's are equals and he needs to understand that. Well except for that freak Cindy. Hey Steve, while your waiting in traffic go ahea and call her up so you can dump her.

Also, as a side note, Lust is in the corner making out with Fantasies.

Madmal
2009-12-20, 09:58 PM
(I'd say that's more so "Dad's Voice" than "Super-Ego" there. Super-Ego would be like "You can cut in front because you're AWESOME. You're better than those PUNKS. They can go screw themselves, because they'll never be anything as cool as YOU. YEAAAAAH!!" or something like that. Like Joe from Family Guy, or a cliche weight lifter persona...)

(that sounds like the Id, not the Super-ego)

Sarcasm

Waita second, are we really giving ourselves personification? And all this time I thought I was a figment of Steve's imagination. Maybe insanity is right? heh.

Maybe we ARE going insane, and Steve is doing this to cope, The old devil/angel routine...i think we first saw it with Daffy duck...

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:10 PM
The Feminine Side
Listen Steve, I'm serious. Your gonna be in this traffic for a while anyway. So call that freak that calls herself a woman and tell her she is an unfashionable skank and that you are through.

Madmal
2009-12-20, 10:13 PM
The Feminine Side
Listen Steve, I'm serious. Your gonna be in this traffic for a while anyway. So call that freak that calls herself a woman and tell her she is an unfashionable skank and that you are through.

Personal mediation
Wait, why would he even do that?

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:16 PM
The Feminine Side
Why? Because she is a disgrace to women everywhere! She doesn't deserve to have a gender!

Madmal
2009-12-20, 10:19 PM
The Feminine Side
Why? Because she is a disgrace to women everywhere! She doesn't deserve to have a gender!

Personal mediation
...i don't think that justifies such a rash action. And you haven't proposed a valid explanation.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:23 PM
The Feminine Side
Dont talk to me like that. I don't need to explain myself to you.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-20, 10:32 PM
Self-Confidence

Is that a space? No. That guy thinks he owns the road. oh well. I'll get out of this eventually. Do I have a map in this car? I should totally find a shortcut. Hm? Cindy again? If Steve wants a better girlfriend, oh, he could easily get one. I haven't seen any reason to go looking, though. Steve's choices are the best. Come on, man! Sausage mcmuffins! Oo! Is that a space? No.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:36 PM
The Feminine Side
Hey Steve. While your at it do you mind playing some music. Maybe something a little more female appreciative than these losers in your head.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 10:42 PM

I think we can all agree that the Feminine Side is at least as crazy as Insanity himself, and should be ignored. I mean, seriously, being feminine is one thing, you act like Steve is really a Stephanie.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:45 PM
The Feminine Side
And what exactly, is the problem with that?!

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-20, 10:46 PM

With what? The fact that you're completely out of touch with reality, or the fact that you think Steve is a girl despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Because there are plenty of reasons for both...

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:50 PM
The Feminine Side
You wanna fight about it?

Greystone
2009-12-20, 10:54 PM
The Feminine Side
You wanna fight about it?
Sarcasm

oooh, what are you going to do? Throw metaphorical slaps at us?

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 10:58 PM
The Feminine Side
Grumble, grumble, grumble...

Madmal
2009-12-20, 11:00 PM
Personal mediation

Can't we cut us some slack? if what we have been pondering it's truth, then we're all part of steve, even if someone doesn't really seem to fit at first, there must be a reasonit'll be here.

Viera Champion
2009-12-20, 11:34 PM
The Feminine Side
I can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to Self Mediation.

Vexxation
2009-12-20, 11:36 PM
Paranoia

This discord is just what they want. Steve... listen to your heart. It's telling you to run. Get out of the car. The voices must be quieted. They can't be trusted.

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 01:17 AM
Steve thinks about pulling out, and he almost does a few times. But he decides to listen to that little voice inside his head telling him its a bad idea. (Or at least, what he thinks is just one voice...) Just as he passes up a good spot, a sports car zooms past him. If he'd have pulled out, his car would have been munched on by a Mustang. As Steve ponders what could have been, traffic starts to move. Looks like he'll be early after all...

---

"Ah! Steve! Happy to see you get here early!" the boss grins as Steve walks through the front door. Steve can't help but be reminded of one of those old movie cliches, where the boss is a short portly bald guy with a bushy mustache and a cigar in his mouth. Because that's exactly who Frank is - the cliche boss. Greed included. The concept of a pay raise is like Medieval Witchcraft to this guy. But at least he's nice to Steve, and lets him have a little say in his responsibilities. Speaking of which...

"Alright Steve, you know the drill... What do you want to work today?" the boss asked with a grin, as he held up a clipboard. Whenever Steve was lucky, he got to pick his shifts. There were two options - inventory, or sales. Inventory usually included stocking and checking logs, and he had to work with the Inventory Manager, Jake. Sales meant helping customers and working behind the register, and being paired with the Sales Manager, Samantha. He'd have one shift, a lunch break, and then another shift - both of his choice. "Kyle (the other underling) isn't in yet, so you get to take your pick. What'll it be today, my boy?"

---

You heard the man. What'll it be? You get to decide what shifts Steve will work today. First shift with Jake, second shift with Samantha? Vice versa? Both shifts with Jake, or both shifts with Samantha? Rock-Paper-Scissors? Or is it quitin' time for Steve? Ya'll get to decide!

And no, I can't give you any info on Jake or Samantha, what they're like, or how Steve views them. :smallwink:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-21, 04:35 AM
Self-Loathing
Oh, great, on top of everything else we're early? Way to go, Steve :smallannoyed:

I told you to sleep for a bit more, I told you you had some more time, but nooooooooo, you wouldn't listen, you had to eat your special K and skidaddle to work. You messed it up again Steve. Smart choice, really :smallannoyed:
Now we have to stand for Frank's baloney longer, and spend more time in this cursed shoestore.

You know what that little ugly blot of a boss is, don't you? Your future. That's you, Steve, if you should even be so lucky. This is as high as the corporate ladder goes for a screw-up like you. Manager of a small time shoestore, cursed to forever spend his days talking to snotty kids who work in the store. The snotty kid here being you. I can just see it in his eyes. He loathes you. He thinks as high of you as an object, a tool, like his cashregister. Okay, so he probably thinks higher of the cashregister than you. Bad example.

Anyways, not that the choice really matters because they both suck, but you might as well do some Inventory work. You might at least get a chance to slack off a bit in the back to make your day more bearable.

Neknoh
2009-12-21, 05:22 AM
Destructive
Tcheh, inventory? There's nothing for you there Steve, nothing to gain what so ever, what, do you think the boss is gonna give you a raise because you are good at counting shoes? No, go for the shift with Sam today, two shifts with her to be precise, we all know you kind of like her... and why shouldn't you? She's no frigid monster, she does have good looks... for a sales manager. I'm not saying that you should try to get some action or anything, but it would, in general, be nicer to work the shifts with her.

Besides, she can deal with the shouting costumers whilst you look some extra on her or catch a nap, it really is a lot better, same goes for it being an opportunity. Do you honestly want that snotty little brat... whatshisname.... being out there, being seen and doing stuff that can get him promoted? Really, he's better off in the back, counting shoes. Go for two shifts with Samantha, it's not as if though your girlfriend will have an issue with it or anything, you deserve something pleasant today, and if it isn't beer, why not a good looking woman to keep you company?

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 07:58 AM
The Feminine Side
Listen to Destructive. Take both shifts with Samantha. Maybe she won't be such a disgrace to the female gender, and maybe she will know fashion too. You can take her out on a date or two an dump that wierdo Cindy.

ThePhantom
2009-12-21, 09:54 AM
Insanity

What I miss? A chance to marry shoes to people's ears? A chance to take first drive with Jake, and the second boat with Samantha? Did someone say they were just like me.

Vexxation
2009-12-21, 10:06 AM
Paranoia

The voices, Steve, the voices are back. Why are they still here? Steve I told you to get rid of the voices. Maybe Samantha knows how to fix the voices. She sounds trustworthy. Not like Jake. You know how he looks at you. Envious and greedy. He wants to displace you; to take your job. You can't let him, Steve! You can't let him! Fire! Fire! Burn Jake's murderous ambitions!

ThePhantom
2009-12-21, 10:08 AM
Insanity

OOooh. Set your hair on fire Emperor Steve. It will give you the godly look which you should have.

Madmal
2009-12-21, 10:23 AM
Self mediation
voices urging you to burn people? so cliche if you ask me....
well, Steve: Inventory is a dull and tedious job, but is not as stressful as sales. of course, there's the factor of Samantha and Jake...i say take a chance with both of them, preferably samatha first, since it's morning, and things get busier at sales around midday.

Oh, and feminine side, while i do try to keep us for breaking apart, i still think you have too much of a pull inside our head. maybe once we get some money, we could try some therapy to find out why is this, well, and all this multitude of voices inside our head.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 10:28 AM
The Feminine Side
Wow Self Mediation, that was sexist. Now women can't have power?

Vexxation
2009-12-21, 10:34 AM
Paranoia

The woman speaks of power. She wishes for control! She wants Steve for herself! PURGE THE HERETIC WITH FIRE! CLEANSE YOURSELF, STEVE! BURN THE EVIL VOICES OUT OF YOUR HEAD!

Madmal
2009-12-21, 10:39 AM
Self mediation
Oh don't bring gender on this, most of us aren't really supposed to have it, nor an apparently autonomous voice inside Steve.

I'm just expressing the curiosity of your origins. I 'm wondering what on earth caused you to be...well...this way. afterall, it's sure that part of you is derived from steve's image of women. What does that tell us about us?

And while i'm all for a good balanced and equal psyche, there's the risk of one of us voicing too much, and you're the most obvious target for this.

EDIT: And Paranoia, ease it up with the fire, you're starting to get into Insanity's turf.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-21, 10:44 AM
Self mediationOh, and feminine side, while i do try to keep us for breaking apart, i still think you have too much of a pull inside our head. maybe once we get some money, we could try some therapy to find out why is this, well, and all this multitude of voices inside our head.

Self-loathing
Oh, yeah, therapy, that's going to help us... Some idiot babbling about you wanting to sleep with your mom won't help you at all. You didn't. Did you? I mean, that'd be really sick, Steve. She did used to prance around the house naked sometimes. God, you're a sick person! :smallyuk:

Let's face it, Steve, there's no-one that can make these voices end but you, and it's even too late for that. It's been too long... Years of just letting those voices ferment, those disturbing thoughts. You don't have the strength to fight it. You can't anymore... You just want to forget... You're such a loser, Steve.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 10:44 AM
The Feminine Side
You do know taking us to a therapist would just get rid of all of us. And as much as I hate to admit it. Steve needs all of us.

Vexxation
2009-12-21, 10:49 AM
Self mediation

EDIT: And Paranoia, ease it up with the fire, you're starting to get into Insanity's turf.

Paranoia

Fire has cleansing properties not unlike that of rubbing alcohol but better and Steve needs to cleanse himself or they'll be able to pick up his scent and then it's Game Over, end of story, that's all she wrote...

ThePhantom
2009-12-21, 11:20 AM
Insanity
Twich, twich.

therapist! No therapist!!!

You say that that word again and I will beat you to death with a rubber chicken!

Greystone
2009-12-21, 11:44 AM
Sarcasm

Well, I'll ignore this senseless debate and go for the subject at hand. Jake or Samantha? Those are some quality choices. Jake is a quiet guy, but he is lazier than you while Samantha pulls her weight but can be grating on the nerves.

I'd go for inventory, a little Steve time will do you good.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-21, 03:57 PM

You should take sales first, get some face time with the boss. Besides, dealing with customers is better than sorting shoes all day long.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-21, 05:25 PM
Self-Confidence

You can handle both jobs. Don't let anyone think otherwise! Inventory first, to get things organized. Sales after lunch, when it's busier, to show them who the man truly is! It's Steve, but, you know.

Therapy is a stupid idea, Steve. Unless you feel like making a therapist feel inadequate! Heh. 'Cuz you're so much better than her.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-21, 08:02 PM
Logic

It doesn't matter much what you pick, I don't think. Maybe if you work out front, you'll make a better impression and get a promotion sooner, but... probably not.

If you do work with Sam though, make sure you don't stare at her. That's how sexual harassment suits start.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 08:11 PM
The Feminine Side
Quiet you. Most women like being looked at. It boosts there self confidence.

alexeduardo
2009-12-21, 09:24 PM
Father, then
Seriously, Steve, is this how I raised you? What sort of a job is this? What are your options here? Slack off backdoors with some high-school drop-out or endure stupid costumers next to a pretty girl that you can't have?
It's about time you left this dump, it's about time you did something with yourself. It's about time you made me proud.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-21, 09:48 PM
Self-Confidence

Don't listen to the old man, Steve. You don't need anyone's approval but your own! You just tell Frank, "Inventory, lunch, then sales. And that's how we'll do it, from now on, so don't bother asking again. Let's not be inefficient, Frank." Or something like that. You'd make a better manager than him, easy.

alexeduardo
2009-12-21, 09:53 PM
Father
Steve, if you didn't need anyone's apporval, you wouldn't be in this dump.
This is shameful, son. If you were a man, you'd already be looing for a new job, something I would like, for once.
And by the way, I never knew my son was so much of a pansy as to let himself be bossed around by a girl.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 09:57 PM
The Feminine Side
You know what Father screw you!

alexeduardo
2009-12-21, 10:02 PM
Father
Silence! Steve, you should definately get a professional to quiet her! I would never have stood for a girl talking to my father like that, especially if she was one of them insinde my head!

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 10:11 PM
The Feminine Side
I can't believe you treat me like this Father. I'm your son too. Just a different aspect of him.

alexeduardo
2009-12-21, 10:13 PM
Father
An aspect that I would've been strong enough to repress, by the by. I just hope you're satisfied with forgetting me and all I taught you, 'cause I shure fell let down.

Greystone
2009-12-21, 10:15 PM
Sarcasm

Huh, you know, as often as I agree with Feminine Side *chuckle/cough* I feel an undeniable urge to be snippy and annoying to Father.

Viera Champion
2009-12-21, 10:17 PM
The Feminine Side
Sob sob. I'm so depressed now! I'm gonna run of and eat a whole container of non existent ice cream. Sob sob.

Madmal
2009-12-21, 11:10 PM
Self Mediation
And now there's the voice of our need to prove ourselves against dad. Wonderful.:smallsigh:

errr..now now feminine side...you don't need to eat the WHole ice cream...

Vexxation
2009-12-22, 12:36 AM
Father
Silence! Steve, you should definately get a professional to quiet her! I would never have stood for a girl talking to my father like that, especially if she was one of them insinde my head!

Paranoia

Them? Them?!! Steve, do not listen to the female. She is trying to destroy you.
...Father seems to know what's going on... perhaps a little too well... Neither can be trusted. Manipulative Shoulder Devil only wants to help... listen to him.

DeathBD
2009-12-22, 01:32 AM
Optimism

Steve! Think about what will happen if you work with Samantha! She might like you and you might like her back and then you could fall in love and then everyone will see and it'll be so romantic and then you'll get married and have lots of babies somanybabies and then she might get promoted and your wife will be your boss and then you'll get a raise and then you'll be so very happy! So veryveryhappy!

Apathy

Eh. Inventory, sales, what does it matter. You might as well leave and go home. Not that I care...

Viera Champion
2009-12-22, 01:35 AM
The Feminine Side
Yes. Listen to Optimism. Dump the unfashionable freak that calls itself Cindy and take a shift or a date with Samantha.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-22, 03:18 PM
Logic

Think for a second, Steve. What are the chance she'll actually go for you? Is it worth the risk of being a lone again?

ThePhantom
2009-12-22, 04:31 PM
Insanity

Make up your mind. I want some action.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-22, 06:04 PM
Self-Confidence

Samantha? Oh, yeah, if you wanted her, you could get her. You're Steve, man. You can handle two women, easy. You'd impress anyone with your sales skills! Not your usual approach for women, but your sales skills are that good!

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-12-22, 06:04 PM

Trust me Steve, sales is the way to go. You can do crummy inventory later, but for now you need to make yourself known. Besides, that John kid, or whatever the hell his name is, can be annoying as snot. Might as well let fatigue wear him down before we have to deal with him.

alexeduardo
2009-12-22, 06:28 PM
Father
Steve, if you were one tenth of the man I was, you'd take the front desk, set a new sales record, seduce Samantha, break her heart, quit, take a new job, break all the records in it, and save the world. Then you'd have lunch.
Of course, you're such a dissapointment that I'd be amazed if you made it as far as step one.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-22, 06:50 PM
Self-Confidence

Okay, this guy is pissing me off. Those are all easily obtainable goals, for your level of awesome! Steve, you can show this guy! Your father is a pathetic vessel of fecal matter! Take that front desk!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-22, 07:27 PM
Logic

Hey Steve, wasn't your father a horrible drunkard who never got anything done?

Or am I perhaps thinking of your uncle...

alexeduardo
2009-12-22, 09:30 PM
Father
That may be so, but a father has a right ot expect his son to do better than him. Goddamnit! Just quit this job already!

Lycan 01
2009-12-22, 10:04 PM
Steve tells the boss he wants to work both shifts in Sales. Frank smiles and tells him to do a good job and have fun with it. Steve then heads off to the front desk, and waits for Samantha to show up and the store to open.

Samantha is an interesting person. She's young, friendly, and pretty. She loves her job, and does it properly. She's very gung-ho about it, too. She's almost always the employee of the month, thanks to her strong work ethic, friendly personality, and ability to work well with the customers. She shows up just before the store opens, and greets Steve and Frank with a peppy "Good morning!" and a friendly smile. Frank returns the sentiment, and then heads off to the back of the store.

Once he's gone, the raven-haired beauty's expression becomes one of smug superiority. Samantha locks eyes with Steve and smirks. "Betcha I sell more shoes than you today, Steve-O. I always do... You might as well go take a nap under the counter. Heh heh heh..." Before Steve can answer her, the sensor above the entrance bings - a customer has arrived. Before Steve can even blink, his superior zips off and descends upon them like a hawk on a rabbit. Beating her will be quite a challenge, if Steve even decides to take her up on it.

It doesn't take long for customers to start showing up. Samantha is busy with the first customer for awhile. While she's distracted, an middle-aged man, an old lady, and a young woman with a child enter the store. They all begin to peruse the eisles of shoes in the stores, looking for footware worthy of their soles.

---

So, what's Steve gonna do? Is he gonna push himself to best Samantha at her own game, and sell more shoes than her? Or is he gonna take is easy and chill behind the cash register, simply ringing up the customers when Samantha is done with them? If he does push himself, which customer is he going to deal with first?

TruorTupnm
2009-12-22, 10:31 PM
Self-Confidence

She thinks that she can best Steve? Oh, Samantha... So insane... Ah, well. Take it easy on her, and try not to steal her current customer away from her, after you easily deal with these others. Go for the guy, first, since the ladies will take longer with the shoes, anyways. The the old lady, since that's the type that usually gives the most problems. The other one is probably just here for her kid. That'll be easy, and if Samantha catches it, who cares? It requires no skill. Heh! Poor insane Samantha... She's lucky that you're such an awesome guy, really.

alexeduardo
2009-12-22, 10:54 PM
Father
I would never let myself be defeated by a girl. If you're going to endure this piece-of-**** job, then you've gotte be the absolute goddamned best one at it. Steal her customer, then the next one and the next one. Go on, do it! Be awesome! Incredible, even! Like I always wanted you to be.

DeathBD
2009-12-22, 11:45 PM
Optimism

Gohelpallthree!!! If you work hard you might get a promotion and then you'll make more money and then you'll work harder and then you'll get promoted further and then you'll eventually become themostpowerfulshoesalesmanonearth!!! Samantha will be oh so impressed and then you'll do that whole married thing that I talked about before with the somanybabies and the ohsoveryveryhappy!

GoGoGoGo!!!!

Apathy

Yawn... That nap under the counter sounds good. No more decisions... Eh. Whatever.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-23, 11:47 AM
Self-Loathing
Oh, dear... I can't believe you forgot what a terrible hassle sales is, Steve. Dumb choice, really, Sales, but you've only got yourself to balem. Now Samantha is going to embarras you again, like that hasn't happened enough... There's no way you'll win this battle, she's got tons more experience than you do, and let's face it, you're a loser, Steve, a waste of human life...

Just stick behind the counter. It's just a job after all. Even, if you did beat her, which you impossibly could, who'd care? You'd still be a spec of dirt on the windshield of the universe. A relative large fish in an incredibly small pond maybe, but even that is too much for you, you're the microscopic fish in the minuscule pond. Try saboting some of Samantha's stuff or sales instead, you've got to take your anger and frustration out on someone...

Viera Champion
2009-12-23, 12:26 PM
The Feminine Side
Women love a challenge but hate being beaten. Go for the businessman first than the woman with the child.

alexeduardo
2009-12-23, 07:29 PM
Father
Steal her customer, son, you know I know what's best.

TruorTupnm
2009-12-23, 07:50 PM
Self-Confidence

Hey, now that I think about it, you are awesome enough to get away with sabotage and still have time for all of the customers. This will require only a fragment of your skill ---> Tell Samantha that Frank is calling her to the back, then take her customer, then handle the rest. Charm, speed, and confidence. Totally Steve.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-24, 07:37 AM
Logic

Steve, you don't want Sam angry at you, do you? Of course not, enemies are never good. So don't openly antagonize her by stealing her customer. Go for the others, doesn't really matter the order.

alexeduardo
2009-12-24, 11:21 AM
Father
Afraid of enemies? Naturally. You were always the coward.

Saintjebus
2009-12-24, 12:33 PM
Ambition

If you sell more shoes, that might get you noticed.....maybe a promotion?

smuchmuch
2009-12-24, 04:55 PM
Anger

What the HELL, Steve ?! Are you going to TAKE that kind of CRAP much LONGER ?

If you had an ounce of courage you would have already AREASED that bitch supperior ATTITUDE with your FISTS before making her EAT all the damn SHOES before WRECKING the whole place and telling that pointy haired *** where he can put his SHIFTS and that you QUIT this freaking dead end of a job.

If you won't have the COURAGE to do that, you can at least make her SWALLOW her DAMN smugness back. Show HER who is the BOSS, ONCE and for ALL !

Logic

Steve, you don't want Sam angry at you, do you? Of course not, enemies are never good. So don't openly antagonize her by stealing her customer. Go for the others, doesn't really matter the order.

YOU shouldn't be the one afraid of making her ANGRY ! She should be the one afraid of YOU, you WRETCH. Her and all the OTHERS !

((It won't surprise anyone that anger is pretty uncompromising and not particulary subtlle (or smart for that matter)))

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-25, 08:59 AM
If you won't have the COURAGE to do that, you can at least make her SWALLOW her DAMN smugness back. Show HER who is the BOSS, ONCE and for ALL !

Self-Loathing
It's a pity you lack a spine, Steve, or that might actually be a somewhat decent idea. As it is though, channel your anger through a little subterfuge. It's all a waste of molecules like you can manage...

ThePhantom
2009-12-26, 04:19 PM
Insanity

Dance with the customers, wear the shoes they want on your head. And then menace Samantha with a shoehorn.

Lycan 01
2009-12-30, 10:50 PM
Steve decides to take Samantha up on her challenge. He heads out from behind the counter, intent on working as hard as he can in hopes of beating her, and maybe catching the bosses attention. Of course, before he can decide who he wants to work with, the choice is made for him.

"'Scuse me, sonny boy!" exclaims the well-dressed businessman, the Southern drawl in his voice very apparent. "You think you can help me ta find a nice pair 'a shoes? Great!" Before Steve can respond, the main plops down in the nearest chair and stretches his legs out. He then proceeds to kick his shoes off - and the smell nearly kills poor Steve. "Thank ya kindly, sir! I want a nice pair of boots. Y'know, the hiking type. A nice dark brown color. We call 'em Clod Hoppers* back in Mississippi..."

---

Steve's got a few choices here. What he's supposed to do is measure the man's feet, go look for the matching shoe, and then present them to the man for purchase. It helps if he does it in a nice and friendly manner.

Recoiling from the stench, tuning out the man's babble, or otherwise insulting him may get Steve in trouble. But, he can't really help some of his actions, now can he? :smallwink:

*Yes, yes we do. I haven't heard it in awhile, but yes, some people call hiking boots Clod Hoppers. We have a lot of interesting names for stuff down here in the South... :smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-31, 09:32 AM
Logic

Here's your chance Steve. Be kind and polite, take his measurements, and find him some shoes. Simple, no? Be a bit quick about it though, if you want to beat Samantha.

Viera Champion
2009-12-31, 10:00 AM
The Feminine Side
*Sputter sputter* Clodhoppers! Sorry Steve. I'm not going help you with this guy. The old woman probably has more fashion sense than he does.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-12-31, 10:20 AM
The Feminine Side
*Sputter sputter* Clodhoppers! Sorry Steve. I'm not going help you with this guy. The old woman probably has more fashion sense than he does.

Self-Loathing
I agree... What, you're the slave now of some impolite, stinky guy who call hiking boots clodhoppers? Could you possibly fall any lower than touching this man's gross feet? Could this possibly be any more demeaning?

You may want to mutter something insulting under your breath as token resistance. It might make you seem like not an utter failure in your own mind...

Saintjebus
2009-12-31, 11:08 AM
Ambition

Now Steve! Nose to the Grindstone! If you work hard, your boss will notice you! Also, this guy looks like he might be rich.... Time for networking!

smuchmuch
2009-12-31, 11:13 AM
Anger

What the **** ! Can't this guy WASH his feet one in a while ! GOD, I wish we had FLAMETHROWER, that's all taht guiy DESERVES. And Does he EVER stop TALKING ? Who the HELL calls boots, Clod Hoppers anyway ?! You don't have TIME for this.

Just THROW that disgsuting PIG the FIRST pairs off boots you get your hands on that look like they may match and if he's not HAPPY with it, tell him to SHUT the **** UP and to go **** himself. And THAT's too GOOD for HIM,

TruorTupnm
2009-12-31, 02:36 PM
Self-Confidence

Hm? There's nothing to think about here, Steve. You know the drill with these customers. Find some clodhoppers for the guy. Pretty boring, but, luckily for you, this is the perfect chance to try out your Southern accent! Ham it up with this guy, man! You will have him convinced that you grew up on some cotton farm just outside of his hometown.

ThePhantom
2010-01-02, 07:39 PM
Insanity

Go and measure his feet, get the shoes, and watch as he turns into a giant fighting robot, which you take control of, and battle Samantha, who fights in a giant model of Queen Victoria.

smuchmuch
2010-01-16, 10:01 AM
Anger

This is BORING. Just DO something ALREADY

((yes this is an atempt to bump that game before it's comlpletly dead. I though the concept was fun and it would be a shame to let it die.))

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-16, 03:22 PM
Logic

Actually... you've got a point. Just hurry up and help him Steve; you don't want people thinking you're insane.

TruorTupnm
2010-01-17, 07:40 PM
Self-Confidence

Wait. Why should Steve care about what other people think? He'd be the coolest insane dude ever! But he isn't. Giant robots are cool, though. Anyways, yes, hurry up and fix this dude up with his clod hoppers. You've got other customers to beat Samantha to, dude!

ThePhantom
2010-01-18, 09:57 AM
Insanity

Finally, someone agrees with me. Now run and get the clod hoppers.

Lycan 01
2010-01-23, 12:33 AM
Steve decides to just grin and bear it. Part of him is upset about having to work under such conditions, while part of him wants to do his best and have a good attitude. In the end, he winds up just doing the job without saying much, flashing a smile whenever he thinks it might be best, but otherwise not striking up much conversation. He gets the man's size, then quickly heads off to the back of the store room and retrieves the shoes that will best fit the man, both physically and style-wise.

Sure enough, the man likes the shoes, and soon Steve finds himself ringing up the Southern Gentleman's new purchase. The customers pays for his shoes, then leaves with a grin, wishing Steve a good day. Samantha has finished up with her customer, and she's surveying Steve with a sly smirk from across the room as she waves off her last customer. What will Steve do now?

---

Steve's got some options. He can go after the next customer (little old lady or mom with kids), go chat with Samantha (flirt, trash-talk, discuss the weather), take a break (smoke outside, go chat with the boss, sleep under the counter), or do whatever else (quit, call his girlfriend, find a snack, light himself on fire) the voices in his head decide he should do.