PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2 d20

SilveryCord
2009-12-20, 09:33 PM
FINAL FANTASY X-2 d20
x2d20
http://homepage.mac.com/ral8158/ffx2/ffx2.jpg
Y, R, P, in position. It's showtime, girls.

Foreword:

Final Fantasy X-2 d20--x2d20, for short--has come from a whirling storm of homebrew. For the past few months, I've been ruminating on my own "D&D 3.75" system (who hasn't), a '4E, but modern' system, and an incarnum-centric campaign setting. And yet, the thing I release first is the stuff I've been working on for the least time.... x2d20 is not nearly finished, only containing 5 dress spheres and the most basic rules, but it's at a point where I'd like some guidance and criticism on the direction of the project.

I'd like to thank Zeta Kai for his great Final Fantasy X d20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4260529#post4260529) conversion, which I highly recommend to all homebrewers as an exemplary project. It's important to say though, that besides flavor, x2d20 is not similar to Final Fantasy X d20 at all, and I don't think compatible systems for the two are possible (Much like one system could not possibly contain Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 8). I'd also thank the great members of #giantitp, who are always very helpful with homebrew and roleplaying in general, my friend Greg, and the members of #rpg on Foonetic, for getting me back into Pencil and Paper games in the first place.

And without further adieu, I give you, x2d20:

SilveryCord
2009-12-20, 09:34 PM
Table of Contents
Basics
Dress Spheres

Basic Combat Spheres:

Gunner (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7543120#post7543120)
Thief
Warrior

Basic Support Spheres

Songstress
White Mage
Black Mage

Advanced Melee Spheres

Berserker
Dark Knight
Samurai

Advanced Ranged Spheres

Alchemist
Gun Mage
Lady Luck

Rare Spheres

Gambler
Trainer
Festival-Goer
Psychic
Skills
Feats
Garment Grids
Accessories
Items

Status Conditions
[/LIST]

SilveryCord
2009-12-20, 09:37 PM
Basics
Characters in x2d20 advance by hit dice. By default, characters have d8 HD.
{table=head]HD|AP|Advancement
1|+4|Feat, 4 Skills, Ability +1
2|+5|New Skill
3|+6|Feat
4|+7|Ability +1
5|+8|New Skill
[/table]
At first level, a character masters four skills, gains a new feat, increases one of their ability scores, and gains 4 AP to spend learning abilities. Afterwards, they advance as shown on the advancement table.

Characters have four defenses: Armor Class, Fortitude, Reflex, Will. [to be added]

Dress Spheres

Two years into the Eternal Calm, High Summoner Yuna popularized dress spheres. Dress spheres contain the personalities of heroes long past. With a Garment Grid, characters can use the power of those heroes to defeat fiends. Each character starts with her own dress sphere; a team of three characters should be able to utilize three different dress spheres. As the characters adventure, they will find new spheres and new grids to put them on.

Reading Dress Spheres

Name: A dress sphere's name describes the character class it emulates.
Ability Bonuses: Each dress sphere gives innate bonuses to certain ability scores when equipped.
Bonus to Defense: Each dress sphere gives a bonus to a certain defense.

Primary Action: Characters use the primary action of their new dress sphere when they sphere change; some feats affect the usage of primary actions.
Weapon: When a dress sphere is equipped, it grants the wearer a weapon. The character is automatically proficient with the weapon, and uses it for that sphere's powers.

Class Features: Some dress spheres have effects that are available simply by equipping the dress sphere. Class features do not need to be bought with AP.

Powers: Each dress sphere has its own set of powers. Powers follow the same format as D&D 4E powers. You spend your AP at each level to learn a dress sphere's powers, which you may use when you have that dress sphere equipped.

Sphere Changing

Sphere changing is a full round action. Choose an adjacent sphere on the equipped Garment Grid, and equip it. Alter your ability scores, defenses, and other attributes accordingly, then equip your new weapon. Finally, as part of the sphere change action, you may use your new dress sphere's primary action.

Reading Powers

Example:
Liquid Steel (1 AP)
|Waterstrike, Weapon|
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1|W| + Strength modifier damage.

The power's name is Liquid Steel, and it costs 1 AP to learn. It is a power with waterstrike, meaning that weapon damage it deals is water damage, and weapon, meaning that it uses the character's equipped weapon. The next line shows the timing and the range it affects-it takes a standard action to use, and is a melee power. It's target line indicates what it targets, in this case, one creature. The attack line indicates what ability score to use in an attack role against a particular defense, in this case, armor class. "Hit" explains what happens if the attack roll succeeds against the defence, and in this case, the power will deal damage equal to the weapon's damage dice plus the character's strength modifier.

SilveryCord
2009-12-20, 09:44 PM
Gunner
http://homepage.mac.com/ral8158/ffx2/gunner.jpg

Ability Bonuses: +2 DEX, +2 WIS
Bonus to Defense: +2 AC

Primary Action: Attack
Weapon:
{table=head]Weapon|Attack Bonus|Damage|Range|Weight|Group
Pistol|+2|1d6|30 ft|-|Light Guns
[/table]

Class Features:

Trigger Happy
|Weapon|
Full Action Ranged weapon
Target: One Creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC. Repeat the attack until you miss. Each additional attack has a cumulative -2 penalty. As soon as an attack misses, this power ends.
Hit: 1|W| damage.

Darkproof
Effect: You are not affected by the Dark condition while equipped with the Gunner dress sphere.

Gunplay

Potshot (2 AP)
|Weapon|
Standard Action Ranged Weapon
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1|W|+4 damage.

Cheap Shot (4 AP)
"Got any ideas?" "That's your department."
|Weapon|
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1|W|+Dexterity damage.

Enchanted Ammo (2 AP)
|Magic, Weapon|
Hit: 1|W|+Dexterity damage.

On The Level (10 AP)
|Weapon|
Full Round Action Ranged Weapon
Hit: 1|W| + Your HDx2 damage.

Burst Shot (4 AP)
Prerequisite: Cheap Shot
|Weapon|
Full Action Ranged Weapon
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 2|W| damage.

Table Turner (4 AP)
Prerequisite: Potshot
|Weapon|
Full Action Ranger Weapon
Hit: Damage equal to the target's AC.

Thief

Ability Bonuses: +2 DEX, +2 INT

Primary Action: Steal
Weapon:
Daggers|+4|1d4/1d4|-|8 lb.|Light Blade
[/table]

Class Features:

Steal
|Skill|
Standard Action Personal
Prerequisite You must have Legerdemain mastered.
Effect: Make a Legerdemain check to pick a pocket, ignoring the -10 penalty for being in combat.

Double Hitter
|Weapon|
Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC (main weapon and off-hand weapon)
Hit:1|W| damage per attack.

Flimflam

Pilfer HP (2 AP)
|Weapon|
Hit: 1|W|+Dexterity modifier damage, then recover that much HP.

Pilfer Gil (2 AP)
|Weapon|
Hit: Gain 10|W| Gil.

Warrior

Ability Bonuses: +2 STR, +2 CON

Primary Action: Attack
Weapon:
Sword|+3|1d10|-|8 lb.|Heavy Blade
[/table]

Class Features:

Flametongue
|Fire, Weapon|

Ice Brand
|Ice, Weapon|

Thunderblade
|Lightning, Weapon|

Liquid Steel
|Water, Weapon|

Swordplay

Power Break (4 AP)
|Weapon|
Full Round Action Melee weapon
Hit: 1|W| + Strength modifier damage, then make another attack on the same target.
Secondary Attack: Constitution vs. Fortitude
Secondary Hit: Your target gets a -2 penalty to Strength until the end of the encounter.

Armor Break (4 AP)
|Weapon|
Hit: 1|W| + Strength modifier damage, then make another attack on the same target.
Secondary Hit: Your target gets a -2 penalty to Armor Class until the end of the encounter.

Magic Break (4 AP)
|Weapon|
Secondary Hit: Your target's black magic deals 3 less damage, and your target's white magic recovers 3 less HP until the end of the encounter.

Mental Break (4 AP)
|Weapon|
Secondary Hit: Your target gets a -2 penalty to Wisdom until the end of the encounter.

SilveryCord
2009-12-20, 09:51 PM
Songstress

Ability Bonuses: +2 Dex, +2 Cha

Primary Action: Dance
Weapon: None

Class Features:

Darkness Dance
"This is no time for stage fright!"-Yuna
|Magic, Dance, Zone|
Full Action Close Burst 30 ft.
Effect: The burst creates a zone of magical energy that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any opponent that enters the zone or starts its turn there is blinded until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Full: The zone persists.

Dance

Samba of Silence (3 AP)
"Welcome to your doom, starring me!"-Rikku
|Magic, Dance, Zone|
Effect: The burst creates a zone of magical energy that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any opponent that enters the zone or starts its turn there is Silenced until the end of your next turn.

Carnival Cancan (3 AP)
|Magic, Dance, Zone|
Effect: The burst creates a zone of magical energy that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any ally that enters the zone or starts its turn has its max HP doubled until the end of your next turn.

Slow Dance (3 AP)
"No holding back. If you can't keep up, stay off my dance floor."-Paine
|Magic, Dance, Zone|
Effect: The burst creates a zone of magical energy that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any opponent that enters the zone or starts its turn is Slowed until the end of your next turn.

Jitterbug (3 AP)
|Magic, Dance, Zone|
Effect: The burst creates a zone of magical energy that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any ally that enters the zone or starts its turn is Hasted until the end of your next turn.

White Mage

Ability Bonuses: +2 CON, +2 WIS

Primary Action: Pray
Weapon: None. (Can't attack)

Class Features

Pray
|Holy, Magic|
Standard Action 60 ft.
Target: All Allies
Effect: Each target recovers 2+Wisdom modifier HP.

Vigor
|Holy, Magic|
Standard Action Personal
Target: Personal
Effect: You recover 1d8+Wisdom modifier HP.

White Magic

Cure (2 AP)
|Holy, Magic, Spell|
Full Action 60 ft.
Effect: Target recovers 1d6+Wisdom modifier HP.

Life (4 AP)
|Holy, Magic, Spell|
Three Full Actions 60 ft.
Effect: Return a fallen ally to 1d4+1 HP.

Black Mage

Ability Bonuses: +2 INT, +2 CHA
Bonus to Defense: +2 Will

Primary Action: Fire*
Weapon: None. (Can't attack)
*A Black Mage may use Blizzard, Thunder, or Water instead, if she has learned those powers.

Class Features

Fire
"Smoking is bad for you."-Paine
|Fire, Magic, Spell|
Full Action 60 ft.
Target: Creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier damage.
Miss: 1d3 + Charisma modifier damage.

Black Magic

Blizzard (2 AP)
"I like mine on the rocks."-Paine
|Ice, Magic, Spell|
Full Action 60 ft.

Thunder (2 AP)
"One one-thousand..."-Yuna
|Thunder, Magic, Spell|
Full Action 60 ft.

Water (2 AP)
"Wake up."-Paine
|Water, Magic, Spell|
Full Action 60 ft.

SilveryCord
2009-12-20, 11:54 PM
Garment Grids

Garment grids are obtainable items that determine your ability to spherechange in battle. Garment grids have a certain number of connected nodes. When you obtain a garment grid, copy it into your character sheet and place the spheres you own in the nodes of your choice. During battle, when you sphere change, you may switch to a sphere in any node directly connected to the one in which the sphere you are currently equipped with lays. Below is an example of a basic Garment Grid.

http://www.ffx2.com/garmentgrids/First%20Steps.jpg

Some Garment Grids will have nodes that are filled with bonuses. You may pass through these nodes as if your node is directly connected to the node after; but by sphere changing through those nodes, you may gain a temporary bonus in battle.

Skills

Mastery in a skill means that you have practice and aptitude in using that skill. When you select a skill to master, you gain a permanent +5 bonus to that skill.

{table=head]Key Skill | Ability
Acrobatics|Dex
Athletics|Str
Chocobo Handling|Wis
Dungeoneering|Wis
Endurance|Con
Heal|Wis
Insight|Wis
Perception|Wis
Religion|Int
Stealth|Dex
Tinker|Int
Thievery|Dex
[/table]

TBA

Feats

[B]TBA[/A]
{table=Head]Feat|Prerequisite|Benefit
Improved Initiative|-|+4 to initiative checks
Skill Focus|-|+3 to checks with chosen skill
Toughness|-|Gain 5 additional hit points.
[/table]

Accessories\

TBA

Items

TBA

dsmiles
2009-12-21, 07:03 AM
You're making a tabletop RPG out of FFX2 (better known as "Pretty Princess Dress-Up")?

Personally, I don't think I would ever play it, but mechanically, so far it seems pretty balanced. Keep up the good homebrewing!

Yuki Akuma
2009-12-21, 07:09 AM
You're making a tabletop RPG out of FFX2 (better known as "Pretty Princess Dress-Up")?

Personally, I don't think I would ever play it, but mechanically, so far it seems pretty balanced. Keep up the good homebrewing!

It could also be referred to as "Final Fantasy: Fanservice". My god there were a ton of references in that game. It was awesome.

And the dress sphere system was a nice nod to the old job systems which have vanished in the face of characters with actual personalities and special abilities of their own. Sigh.

SilveryCord
2009-12-21, 02:33 PM

I definitely am making a tabletop RPG out of Pretty Princess Dress-Up!
FFX-2 does get an unfair reputation for being 'stereotypically girly', though, which has never made sense to me. Consider the main character's development: Yuna transforms from a meek, pushover girl ruled by old-world traditions into a strong, independent woman.

anyway.... </rant>

It could also be referred to as "Final Fantasy: Fanservice". My god there were a ton of references in that game. It was awesome.

And the dress sphere system was a nice nod to the old job systems which have vanished in the face of characters with actual personalities and special abilities of their own. Sigh.
You'll be happy to know that Final Fantasy XIII uses basically the same combat mechanics as FFX-2, minus dress spheres, and including wandering around the battlefield randomly. (Funny enough, they've done away with MP, and attacks and spells are balanced against how much time they take to use.... just like in x2d20!) It also appears to be obsessively reference-ridden, what with the female Cloud, the Star Wars undertones borrowed from FF12, and the Advent Children visuals.

Nero24200
2009-12-21, 03:47 PM
I definitely am making a tabletop RPG out of Pretty Princess Dress-Up!
FFX-2 does get an unfair reputation for being 'stereotypically girly', though, which has never made sense to me. Consider the main character's development: Yuna transforms from a meek, pushover girl ruled by old-world traditions into a strong, independent woman.

I'm sure the reputation has nothing to do with the "Girl Power" theme that's going (It's not like the opening has the three protagonists standing holding their weapons out ala charlies angels), or the fact that it's the only FF game in the series where the only playable characters are female (and there hasn't been a reverse of this, theres never been an FF game with only male playable characters), or the fact that the characters powers are determined by their choice of clothes.

Theres a reason why the game is considered "girly". In fact, the majority of players I've known who like the game just happen to be girls (and even like the game despite never trying it's predacesor, FFX or even any FF game in some cases). Did it occur to you that maybe the game designers intentionally made the game that way hoping to reel in a bigger female audience? It's not as if they'd be the first company to attempt such a theme in order to expand their fanbase.[/rantover]

Anyway, back to the topic. Having said what's above, I'll still offer some insight, While I can't stand the game, the actual game mechanics don't seem that (though they had alot of flaws. Magic was useless compared to just striking your foes, since it took too long to charge up. Incidently, being able to move more quickly didn't compensate for the theif's pitiful damage).

So, personally, I wouldn't bother to make the actions different lenghs. In some cases, it didn't matter at all (the Dark Knight's features were more than worth the extra half a second wait) while in other cases it was a crippiler.

Also, how would you handle dress changes? I notice that you have the classes grant certain ability bonuses (like +2 Int and Dex for the gunner). Would these remain after class changes?

Also, would you consider a "Default Dress"? On the increadibly off-chance something happens to the garmet grid and the PC's won't have access to dress spheres.

SilveryCord
2009-12-21, 04:10 PM
I'm sure the reputation has nothing to do with the "Girl Power" theme that's going (It's not like the opening has the three protagonists standing holding their weapons out ala charlies angels),

Well, those things are true, but I think they're more humorous than negative gender role reinforcement... I guess I think of it as being about someone discovering herself as an individual after years of being told exactly what to do and how to be, than as a cliché empowerment fable. But maybe I'm reading too much into a years-old videogame!

Anyway, back to the topic.

yes.

Having said what's above, I'll still offer some insight, While I can't stand the game, the actual game mechanics don't seem that (though they had alot of flaws. Magic was useless compared to just striking your foes, since it took too long to charge up. Incidently, being able to move more quickly didn't compensate for the theif's pitiful damage).

That's what sphere changes are for! You don't attack with the thief, you steal with her :P
It is true, though. I'm in the middle of a playthrough right now, and I can not figure out how to make the Black Mage dress sphere good.

So, personally, I wouldn't bother to make the actions different lenghs. In some cases, it didn't matter at all (the Dark Knight's features were more than worth the extra half a second wait) while in other cases it was a crippiler.

Well, I meant more of like Full vs. Standard than anything else. I have everything as at-will powers right now, which is kind of weird, but I rather like it. I'll see when I get the more advanced dress spheres completed if that'll continue to work.

Also, how would you handle dress changes? I notice that you have the classes grant certain ability bonuses (like +2 Int and Dex for the gunner). Would these remain after class changes?

Also, would you consider a "Default Dress"? On the increadibly off-chance something happens to the garmet grid and the PC's won't have access to dress spheres.
I shoved a lot of rules in "Reading Dress Spheres", which I probably shouldn't have. I'll try to make it more clear when I have more of the content completed. Basically, you equip dress spheres as if they're magic items, and they grant the benefits that they list, create a weapon for you, and let you use the powers you know from their list. So no, the bonuses don't remain when you change spheres.

At this point, I'll leave it up to the DM. (which is probably only going to ever be myself, yay). I imagine in the scenerios when your garment grids are all stolen or otherwise lost (I'm imagining the hot spring scene of FFX-2 in reverse), you'll probably use skills to solve the 'encounter', and not engage in combat. What's the point of using a random homebrew system from the internets if you're going to ignore its key mechanic for a whole combat encounter?

erikun
2009-12-21, 06:00 PM
What's the point of using a random homebrew system from the internets if you're going to ignore its key mechanic for a whole combat encounter?
Change of pace?

Anyways, I did like FFX-2. Sorta. While it wasn't one of my favorite games, it was still fun to play. I still need to finish that game, though.

As for the system, I'm not quite sure what you're using AP for. Can you only gain AP through leveling up? Or do you gain more AP from killing the same monster with a higher level dress? Are you planning on making all abilities purchasable, or keep dresses with a limited amount of AP?

How do skills work? Are they attached to the dress, or independent? It looks like you'll have all the skills trained after achieving 1st level in three dress spheres, given 4 new skills each time. Or are you using a 3rd edition-style skill system?

I don't think you need a term like "Waterstrike". |Water, Weapon| is clearly a water attack with a weapon, while |Water, Spell| would be a water spell attack.

I'm not normally a fan of the full attack option, but given that you'll rarely be using a "standard" attack, it's less of a problem than I would have with a standard D&D game.

I note that the rogue has no use for her second dagger. :smalltongue:

It is true, though. I'm in the middle of a playthrough right now, and I can not figure out how to make the Black Mage dress sphere good.
I seem to recall using the Songstress for buffing/debuffing before swapping to Black Mage for nukage. That might help.

SilveryCord
2009-12-21, 09:20 PM
As for the system, I'm not quite sure what you're using AP for. Can you only gain AP through leveling up? Or do you gain more AP from killing the same monster with a higher level dress? Are you planning on making all abilities purchasable, or keep dresses with a limited amount of AP?

I imagine at some point, once I pin wealth and other aspects of the system down, there will be other ways get AP. (Spending a significant amount of Gil to buy AP instead of items, getting extra from your DM for roleplaying...)

How do skills work? Are they attached to the dress, or independent? It looks like you'll have all the skills trained after achieving 1st level in three dress spheres, given 4 new skills each time. Or are you using a 3rd edition-style skill system?

I'll put this on the list of issues with the current rules summary. You do not level up in any classes or dress spheres, you just advance your hit dice, and gain the corresponding features: Feats, skills, ability score increases, and AP. Think of Dress Spheres as miniature 'Shield of the Sun' items. Your number of dress spheres does not correlate at all to your hit dice, but your total HD determines how many abilities you will have learned from your dress spheres via AP.

I don't think you need a term like "Waterstrike". |Water, Weapon| is clearly a water attack with a weapon, while |Water, Spell| would be a water spell attack.

Yeah, you're right about this. Don't know what I was thinking. What I really need to do is have waterstrike be an accessory keyword-"All of your attacks deal water damage".

I note that the rogue has no use for her second dagger. :smalltongue:

Yeah, I know :smallannoyed:

I seem to recall using the Songstress for buffing/debuffing before swapping to Black Mage for nukage. That might help.
Two warriors and an alchemist/white mage are still a lot more effective. Especially since it's easy to get accessories that obviate the black mage's elemental advantages. Not to mention that for most enemies, Gun Mage gets way better bang for your MP buck.

Temotei
2009-12-21, 09:56 PM
Why are feats there? Shouldn't you just leave the feats as they are, so you don't have to rewrite everything? Anyways, Toughness barely gets better from +2 hit points. DDO did it right in my opinion--+3 at first level, +1 at every level after. Even then, it's not an overpowered feat by any means.

Thief doesn't get a Dex bonus...:smallconfused:

And dancer only gets +2 Cha, while every other dressphere gives you +2, +2 to your stats. Maybe you could add +2 Dex on top of that.

erikun
2009-12-22, 10:21 PM
Two warriors and an alchemist/white mage are still a lot more effective. Especially since it's easy to get accessories that obviate the black mage's elemental advantages. Not to mention that for most enemies, Gun Mage gets way better bang for your MP buck.
I never got to the alchemist anyways. Besides, Final Fantasy has a habit of invalidating early options with strickly better options later (Seer, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Summoner, Sage, etc.), or with some kind of uber-attack that renders everything else obsolete (Ultima/Osmose).

Back on topic, it sounds like I'm getting distracted by the details here. It looks like you're basing the system around 4e, which looks like it could work in this case. Why not just list out all the attacks the gunner gets in the game, and then assign appropriate damage/effects to them all? That seems more practical than trying to design all the dress spheres with only a few attacks each.

Some game features should probably be ignored, at that. The Warrior, for example, should start with Flametongue, Ice Brand, Thunderblade, Liquid Steel. Or at least choose which one to start with. I understand why they only start with 1 in the video game, but the "grind for more abilities" isn't something that translates into RPG systems well. As it is, it's just a 3 AP feat tax for abilities that won't matter 90% of the time.

Also, you might want to consider how high a level your system will be going. Regardless of whether it maxes out at level 20, level 30, or level 99, you'll want the attacks to scale appropriately. 1[W] + Dex modifier just isn't going to cut it at level 20, assuming standard 4e HP values. Even assuming the HP values for PCs.

SilveryCord
2009-12-23, 07:24 PM
Why are feats there? Shouldn't you just leave the feats as they are, so you don't have to rewrite everything? Anyways, Toughness barely gets better from +2 hit points. DDO did it right in my opinion--+3 at first level, +1 at every level after. Even then, it's not an overpowered feat by any means.

Thief doesn't get a Dex bonus...:smallconfused:

And dancer only gets +2 Cha, while every other dressphere gives you +2, +2 to your stats. Maybe you could add +2 Dex on top of that.
The feats were just taken from 4E, not 3.5E. Changed the dress sphere ability bonuses.

Back on topic, it sounds like I'm getting distracted by the details here. It looks like you're basing the system around 4e, which looks like it could work in this case. Why not just list out all the attacks the gunner gets in the game, and then assign appropriate damage/effects to them all? That seems more practical than trying to design all the dress spheres with only a few attacks each.

I'm working on it. Plenty of Gunner powers added. The reason I'm doing all the basic ones before having a complete list is... simply because that's my style of work. Also, I'm only planning to design and test the first 5 HD of game experience, at the moment, so I can better balance the spheres.

Some game features should probably be ignored, at that. The Warrior, for example, should start with Flametongue, Ice Brand, Thunderblade, Liquid Steel. Or at least choose which one to start with. I understand why they only start with 1 in the video game, but the "grind for more abilities" isn't something that translates into RPG systems well. As it is, it's just a 3 AP feat tax for abilities that won't matter 90% of the time.

Agreed, changed.

No one look at the skills section right yet. It doesn't count :)

worly7000
2010-08-31, 11:31 AM
Is there a completed version about this? I'm a dungeon master from China, and I've liked the setting of Dress Shperes for a long time. I had done lots of homework searching information about ffx-2 d20 in japanese website (their language has lots of Kanji or chinese letters that Chinese can understand) but i got nothing. It seems like japanese doesn't play D&D so much, so i search it on google and i found this threads. So i wanna ask a full version about this homebrew. Thank you very much if you can help me. (it's better more if there is a 3R setting about FFX-2)

averagejoe
2010-08-31, 12:51 PM
The Mod They Call Me: No thread necromancy please.