PDA

View Full Version : Hunted Maids IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Siren
2009-12-20, 09:44 PM
You arrive at the appointed destination. There is a tall man in a cloak that covers all but his eyes. There is also a woman in a dancer's costume waiting. You have been given a code phase to say to the leader.

OOC: Say whatever you want your code phrase to be. Then I need a luck roll from each person.

Link to OOC. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135690)

Verlaufen
2009-12-20, 10:04 PM
Hitomi

A tall woman walks up to the leader from ahead, staying at a calm walking pace as she nears. Her face is concealed mostly by her large hat. She bows to the man and utters a simple phrase.

"Hello, sir." She pushes up the hat's brow and smiles at the leader. "The desert sun shines brightly upon us this evening, does it not?"

[roll0]

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-20, 10:33 PM
A shorter woman, her hair done up intricate Ringlets, wearing a Cream Dress that is obviously of finer make then one would expect for someone in her circumstances, approached the man.

"In the heat of the day, it is easy to forget the cold of the night."

[roll0] Luck

twilightdusk
2009-12-20, 10:37 PM
Karin

A minute figure in bright orange robes trudges up to the meeting point. Its entire body shrouded in the orange cloth except for her face so that she can breath and see. She pulls the hood more firmly to shadow her face as she stands near the man.

"What a miserable day to meet, there aren't even any birds out."

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2009-12-20, 11:21 PM
Tanith Bellerose

A tan woman carrying a staff walks up to the man. "Ze desert sand can be a real pain, can it not, mon Chéri ?"

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2009-12-20, 11:56 PM
Ophelia

A plump young woman wearing an orange, almost red robe and a veil upon her head, partly concealing her face walks up to the group and with great care and tongue twisting try to repeat flawlessly the phrase she spend a long time memorizing

Whether the weather be fine, or whether the weather be not, Whether the weather be cold or whether the weather be hot, we'll weather ... the whether.. wither.. er weather..
Damnit !
She crosses her arm defiantly, daring silently anyone to do better with that phrase. Also she'd have a lot to say about the leader of this gropup choice in passphrase.

OOC:
Luck: (1d6)[2] (rolled in OOC)

twilightdusk
2009-12-21, 12:18 AM
Karin

The orange robed girl giggles as the fat one messes up her phrase, her voice typical for her age, somewhat high pitch and amused.

Should that have been that we'll whether the weather whenever the weather shall wither?

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-21, 01:05 AM
Next a shorter.. person? rapped up in bandages walks up to the mysterious man and woman alongside the other assortment of mysterious people.

..The four corners of Egypt belong to King Tut.

[roll0]

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-21, 01:16 AM
Yuko

A tall, lean woman that looks older than her years stalks through the desert, draped in a dark cloak and trudging along on traveler's boots. Her black hair is cut short and spiky in a masculine style and the lines on her face are hard and androgynous. It would be hard to mistake her as a boy however, since her chest is stacked higher than a house of pancakes. She doesn't look at people so much as she looks through them, not exactly glaring, just giving a look that says: "Your existence is irrelevant to me, get in my way and I will end it." She's wearing an eye patch, which partially covers a diagonal scar over where her right eye once was.

She stares at the man and woman as if she weren't sure whether to kill them or scrap them off her boots, and then she clears her throat and says, "Ahem. Will you be my friend?"

[roll0]

Siren
2009-12-21, 01:44 AM
Meeting Place

The man looks them all over now that they are assembled. He speaks to everyone in a low growl.

"Well you all had the proper code or we would have killed you on the spot."

He slowly walks around examining them.

"I have never seen such a different group of girls. Why did it have to be all girls? What I wouldn't do for one blinking man. Well I am not holding your hand and I am not taking you back to your mothers. You will do what I say and no arguments. If not you are left behind and I don't care what happens to you. You can call me Night. This here is Trina. She will tell you the plan for now."

"Hi. Well we are joining a caravan for now. We are going disguised as dancing girls and guards. I have some appropriate dresses for the girls picked as dancing girls."

Trina points to Cassy, Ophelie, and Alice.

"You three will be dancing girls. You can go change in a minute. We have to go join the caravan as soon as they are done. Do you all have weapons?"

Shades of Gray
2009-12-21, 01:46 AM
Tanith

Tanity looks down at her flimsy-looking staff. It's not much of a weapon, truth be told. She looks sort of nervous. "Errr... Can I not just be une dancer instead?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-21, 01:56 AM
Alice

Alice was about to speak her piece, most likely in an imperious manner, but one of the other women cut in. She stepped forward. She would rather not be a guard, but she certainly wasn't being a Dancing Girl. While she didn't quite know what that entailed, she could guess.

"Sir Night, Lady Trina, I would... request that I be allowed to take her place as a guard."

Alice's voice was respectful, and she gave a curtsey after it. She had been trained in etiquette, and she would make every use of it.

"I can fight with a Quarterstaff, if need be."

Truth be told, she'd just been trained to use whatever came to hand, but that was life.

Siren
2009-12-21, 02:02 AM
Meeting Place

Trina starts to say something, but Night pushes her out of the way.

"You want to fight me over it? We don't have time to argue."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-21, 02:06 AM
Alice

Alice shook her head at Sir Night's question, trying to erase any such impression. She would be relying on these people, so making a bad impression on them was a terrible idea.

"Sir Night, you misunderstand me. I am not challenging you, nor arguing. Simply making a request."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-21, 02:25 AM
Yuko pulls out a dagger from her cloak. It's a gray, vicious thing that's really more of a sword than a dagger. If I didn't have a weapon, I wouldn't be standing here right now. Her remaining eye shifts to Alice for a long moment, as though she were sizing her up for a kill. Her words don't match her expression at all though.

"I'll be a dancing girl instead if she doesn't want to," says the one-eyed, tough-looking girl that looks ready to slit someone's throat. "It shouldn't be that hard, right?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-21, 03:21 AM
Karin

The small girl reaches into her cloak momentarily before drawing out a sharp Katana. She gives it a few practice swings off to the side before sheathing it. "My weapon is right here ma'am" she speaks with the same, bubbly voice as she did before.

Siren
2009-12-21, 08:48 AM
Meeting Place

Trina gets past Night.

"Let me handle this. Fine you two original girls switch. That is it. Go get dressed now or we will be stuck here."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-21, 08:53 AM
"I'm already dressed," points out Yuko.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-21, 11:08 AM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith takes one of the dancer outfits, and puts it on under her current clothes. She manages to do this with surprising grace. She then takes off her old dress. She wears the dancer outfit quite well.

smuchmuch
2009-12-21, 11:41 AM
Ophelia

After a bit of quiet prying, ""A dancer ? me ? Are you really sure ?"", she really doesn't make any illusion about her ability to dance, Ophelia resign herself, thinking she probably wouldn't look much more convinving as a guard anyway.

Curiously she doesn't look that ridiculous. Maybe she's used to this kind of outfit and learned to wear them in a way not to make herself looking too ridiculous . Maybe she just learned to move with her weight no matter the costume. It still looks terribly awkward, though.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-21, 02:22 PM
Alice

Alice managed to find a mop, and rather quickly had converted it into a mildly convincing Quarterstaff. Of course, her attempts to look menacing were an utter failure, but she managed to swing around the stick impressively enough. She walked over to Trina, and curtsied again.

"Thank you for allowing me to switch places, Lady Trina."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-21, 02:28 PM
"Won't she get sun burnt dressed like that?" Yuko is apparently totally clueless.

twilightdusk
2009-12-21, 04:23 PM
Karin

"Maybe she's the kind of person who likes those "tan" things" Karin suggests, standing next to Yuko

Verlaufen
2009-12-21, 05:11 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi is standing off to the side, observing the others quarrel between themselves about dancing. She mutters something under her breath, looking at the leader, than at the rest of the group, continuing to speak to herself about the party, trying to size up why they're here.

The falchion peeking up behind her head says all it must about her weapon availability.

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-21, 05:42 PM
"You three will be dancing girls. You can go change in a minute. We have to go join the caravan as soon as they are done. Do you all have weapons?"

Cassy stares at the flimsy garments in her hands for a moment before making up her mind. She wraps herself up in her cloak and rolls around in the bundle through the sand for several minutes. Eventually she comes out wearing the dancer's outfit, and even more bandages then before, spaced in parts that aren't covered by the brightly coloured veils. In a way, it's rather alluring..

Siren
2009-12-21, 06:44 PM
Meeting Place

"You dancing girls should wear a cloak over your clothes on the way there. If you don't have one I can provide it. The guards are going to be with Night and report to him. The dancing girls will be with me and report to me. I hope you dancing girls are good actresses and liars. Hopefully we won't be separated much. Night you can lead the way."

Night motions for the girls to follow him.

"Don't do anything to draw attention to us."

Night walks down an alley towards the northern part of town.

Verlaufen
2009-12-21, 07:14 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi follows behind at the end of Night's group. She tries to draw as little attention as possible as a woman with a sword on her back.

smuchmuch
2009-12-21, 07:40 PM
Ophelia

Ophelia grabs a coat and wait for Trina to get moving before following wordelessly.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-21, 07:43 PM
Alice did her best to comply, but she was still a little bit out of place in the group, her dress and styled hair. Her impromptu Quarterstaff (a broom with a number of bristles still attached) didn't make it any better.

twilightdusk
2009-12-21, 09:51 PM
Karin

Karin nods and adjusts her hood again before following Night closely

Siren
2009-12-21, 10:20 PM
Caravan

"Ok I am going to tell them we are here. The dancers should get ready for the show. The guards can find something to do."

Night walks off to talk to a man with too much jewelery. Trina walks to a tent. Around the camp their are a lot of activities going on. A few guys are gambling, some others are drinking, and there is a group doing something around a fire.

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-21, 10:43 PM
Cassy

Cassy whispers to the other two dancers. (Not sure who they are after the switching.)

So what sort of dance are we supposed to do? The one with the wiggling? Should we spin on our heads? Or do you think they're going to give us metal shoes to wear?

Verlaufen
2009-12-21, 10:44 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi leans against the outside of a building, keeping an eye on Night. She grimaces as she scans the area's local gamblers and druggies.

twilightdusk
2009-12-21, 10:47 PM
Karin

The small girl wanders near the fire, wondering what's going on there.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-21, 10:56 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith pulls out a compact case of makeup and a small mirror, and makes a few touch-ups before the show. She turns to Cassy. "I haven't ze foggiest. Just follow Madame Trina's lead I suppose, no?"

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-21, 11:06 PM
Yuko follows behind Night, scowling faintly.

Siren
2009-12-21, 11:22 PM
Night

Night walks up to the man with too much jewelery.

"I brought your guards and dancers."

"Good good. Are the dancers beautiful?"

"I didn't really look at them."

"Who is that behind you?"

Night turns to look at Yuko.

"Why did you follow me?"

Campfire

The guys are talking about a ghost that people have been seeing on the route the caravan is taking. Some of the guys seem nervous and others are laughing it off.

Trina

Trina starts doing some kind of belly dancing.

"Does anyone want to practice?"

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-21, 11:29 PM
Yuko glances around dully. You said I was with you?

twilightdusk
2009-12-21, 11:31 PM
Karin

The small girl tilts her head at the men "A ghost?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-22, 12:05 AM
Alice drifted away, coming up behind the men gambling to watch. She was curious as to what they were doing.

smuchmuch
2009-12-22, 04:24 PM
Ophelia

Seing triana dance, Ophelia make a face, feeling suddenly a lot crapier about herself , before trying timidely to imitate triana at the best of her capacities.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2009-12-22, 05:13 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith looks at Ophelia's dance with a smile. "Tres bon. Try moving your hips a bit more." She suggests, not bothering to practice. She finishes applying her makeup.

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-22, 06:03 PM
I was hoping it was the shoes.. oh well.

Cassy also makes an attempt at belly dancing, but not to seriously.

[roll0]

Siren
2009-12-22, 06:50 PM
Night

Night puts a hand to his forehead.

"You aren't very bright are you?"

Campfire

"There are stories that the ghosts show up when people make camp and in the morning things are gone. That is why we have hired more guards. You girls don't look much like guards though. Are you girls any good?"

Gamblers

The guys were rollings some kind of dice made from bones. They appeared to be betting on who would roll higher. One of the guys wasn't making any bets and was using a special set of dice.

Trina

"You guys are a lot better than I thought you would be. Well our show is going to start."

Trina heads to a break in the curtains.

"Come out in a minute. I am going to dance first. If anyone touches you don't hit them please."

OOC: Ophelia and Cassy get an extra point to their roll to dance since they practiced. Give me a roll to see how well you guys dance.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-22, 07:05 PM
Yuko folds her arms and scowls. Well, there's no need to worry about me. I'm just a guard after all.

twilightdusk
2009-12-22, 07:49 PM
Karin

The girl sighs "Well, I cant say much about that, but there's always power in sheer numbers if you believe in such silly things as ghosts"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-22, 08:35 PM
Alice watched the game, a question coming to mind. She was used to servants answering her automatically, and their acceptance of her ignorance.

"Why aren't you betting?"

She asked the fellow with strange dice. Afterwards, she realized that she probably shouldn't have asked that. She blushed slightly, but withdrawing the question would only make it more obvious.

Verlaufen
2009-12-22, 09:54 PM
Hitomi

Looking over the crowd, Hitomi continues scanning the area. Seeing the other guards conversing with the locals, she decides to look away. Instead, her eyes stay locked on Night and his activities.

Siren
2009-12-23, 06:33 PM
Night

"Don't you have something else you want to do? You can do whatever you want."

Campfire

"Any of you got any magic? That might help against ghosts."

Gamblers

"I already know the outcome. Do you want me to tell you what is in your future?"

OOC: Roll luck if you want to do it.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-23, 06:46 PM
OOC: I... really shouldn't given how terrible Alice's luck is. But... still, I can't say no.

Alice shrugged. This she had heard of. Plenty of girls played at being able to tell the future. She herself had done it once or twice. It was an easy game. Figure out what they wanted to hear, and say it.

"Sure, why not."

[roll0]

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-23, 06:50 PM
Yuko's lips part and she looks completely lost when Night tells her that she has free time. After a while her normal blank, threatening expression resumes and she leaves to join the other girls.

Reluctantly she approaches the gamblers. Uhh... me too.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-23, 06:51 PM
[roll0]

filler text

Siren
2009-12-23, 08:39 PM
Gamblers

The man rolls the weird dice and looks at them for a minute. Then he looks at Alice.

"You are trying to get away from something, but it is a part of you. You will not be able to run forever. You should come to terms with yourself quickly or when you are caught it will not go well."

The man rolls his dice again. This time he looks at Yuko.

"You have been raised in the image of others. You have left that behind and are new to everything. On your journey you will find what you really want. Watch out for mirrors because they reveal all."

twilightdusk
2009-12-23, 08:50 PM
Karin

The girl chuckles "Maybe we do, maybe we don't. I'm not at liberty to say."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-23, 08:51 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith will go onstage and dance. [roll0] She however, doesn't seem too confident, and actually trips.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-23, 08:56 PM
Alice does her best to control herself as the man speaks, not wanting to show a reaction to his words.

"I run from nothing. I think your fortunes could use some practice old man. The point of the game is to make your customers happy."

Alice shook her head, gripping her staff tightly and ignoring the feelings the words roused. She wandered over to the fire, coming to stand beside Karin.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-23, 09:02 PM
Yuko turns away, frowning. "Yeah, guess so."

She sees Tanith stumble and before she really knows what she's doing she dashes forward in a blur, trying to catch her so she doesn't fall.

Siren
2009-12-23, 09:07 PM
Campfire

"Aww she wouldn't know anything she is just a little girl."

Gamblers

"In order to be a customer, you would have to pay me. I saw no money in my future so I simply told the truth. Some people are never happy though."

Man keeps rolling his weird dice.

OOC: If you want to catch her roll me an athletics check.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-23, 09:09 PM
[roll0]

filler text

twilightdusk
2009-12-23, 09:09 PM
Karin

The girl scoffs at the men. "Such narrow thinking is why you're so scared of this ghost of yours"

Siren
2009-12-23, 09:44 PM
OOC: Yuko is able to catch Tanith.

Campfire

"If you aren't scared of it then why don't you take the ghost on. All by yourself. Is that too much to ask of a little girl?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-23, 09:48 PM
Karin

"Oh, I would without a moment's thought if this ghost of yours really existed."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-23, 09:49 PM
Alice looked over at Karin, whispering to the girl.

"What is all this talk of Ghosts?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-23, 09:53 PM
Karin

The small girl giggles and turns to her fellow guard. "These men here are afraid of some silly rumors about ghosts."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-23, 09:55 PM
Alice

Alice smiled as well, nodding understandingly. She had been taught logic. She knew about Ghosts and such silliness, and the foolishness that created them.

"Really? Are they scared of the bogeyman as well?"

Verlaufen
2009-12-23, 09:56 PM
Hitomi

While scanning once more, Hitomi sees Yuko dash at lightening speeds to save one of the falling dancers. She takes a step back in shock, and, being against a wall, she bumps into it, causing her hat to fall off.

[roll0]

Hitomi tries to catch the hat, but it escapes her grip. Her hair scatters momentarily as she rushes to pick it back up and throws it haphazardly on her head. She pulls the brow down and straightens it out, swaying unevenly side to side.

twilightdusk
2009-12-23, 09:59 PM
Karin

The small girl giggles more. "Oh I'd bet. I think they're afraid of monsters outside the tent too."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-23, 10:01 PM
Alice

Alice giggled along with Karin, deciding she liked the other girl. She'd need friends here. Especially with Night acting like that.

"Oh most definitely. So, have they told you what the spooky ghost looks like?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-23, 10:04 PM
Karin

"oh, no, they haven't as a matter of fact." She turns to the men. "Hey, what's this ghost of your look like anyway?"

Siren
2009-12-23, 10:05 PM
Campfire

"We haven't seen the ghosts only heard about them from the other caravans. Easy to joke now. When we get to where the ghosts are we will see who is laughing then."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-23, 10:14 PM
Alice

"I suppose we will see, won't we."

Alice's face told a story completely contradictory to those words, however.

twilightdusk
2009-12-23, 10:17 PM
Karin

The girl looks back at her fellow guard. "I suppose we will, if they do exist of course."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-23, 10:55 PM
Yuko holds Tanith tensely, giving her an expressionless look. "Are you... alright?"

Shades of Gray
2009-12-23, 10:58 PM
Tanith

"I'm fine, merci." She says, a little flustered. "I'm not too good on my feet I suppose..."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-23, 11:12 PM
Yuko

Yuko sets Tanith upright and steps back. "You were probably just careless. You ought to try again, you move well." She sits down nearby and falls silent.

Verlaufen
2009-12-23, 11:18 PM
Hitomi

Underneath her hat, Hitomi keeps a careful, glaring eye on Yuko for a moment, before turning her attention elsewhere, being meticulous in her care to not make eye contact with the eye-patched woman.

Siren
2009-12-24, 12:13 AM
Campfire

The guys around the campfire moved over near the area where the dancers are. Several of the guys were bringing up lesbians after the girl saved the other girl. More guys crowded around.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-24, 12:20 AM
Yuko tenses and scowls off into the distance. "Hey, stop staring."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-24, 12:38 AM
Tanith

Tanith stands up, shakes herself off, and attempts the dance again. [roll0]

She's better at it this time, but by no means an amazing dancer.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-24, 12:53 AM
Alice almost asked what a lesbian was. Almost. She held her tongue, thinking that such was the kind of thing she should have known about.

"Appears they have found something more interesting then Ghosts to talk about."

Alice giggled to Karin, and walked forward, helping Yuko keep a barrier between the men and the stage.

twilightdusk
2009-12-24, 12:56 AM
Karin

The girl giggles as she walks as well. "geez, a girl helps another girl and suddenly their in love?"

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-24, 01:07 AM
Cassy

Cassy follows the other's lead and makes a go at belly dancing as well.

Athletics [roll0]

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-24, 02:19 AM
Alice almost tripped as Karin spoke, realizing what she was implying with that. So that was what the men had been so interested in.

"Men will dream, I suppose."

Alice was smiling, even if it was a little shocking

twilightdusk
2009-12-24, 02:32 AM
Karin

The child giggles more as an idea hits her. "yes, yes they will. A group of dancing girls with female guards, what's to keep them from jumping to that conclusion?" She smirks at Alice

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-24, 02:37 AM
Yuko shifts and looks away uncomfortably. "Wh... what kind of conclusions? I'm just trying to protect them because it's my job.

Siren
2009-12-24, 02:52 AM
Stage

Once Cassy comes out the girls start having money thrown at them. It appears the guys want her to keep dancing.

A drunk guy walks towards the guards.

"So one eye is that your girlfriend?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-24, 02:56 AM
Karin

The child smirks at Yuko as the drunk man approaches "Those conclusions" She turns to the man "Away from the stage sir."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-24, 03:22 AM
Yuko looks like she wants to die. "I was just doing my job," she says weakly. "I don't even know her name."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-24, 03:30 AM
Alice sighed, and stepped in front of the man, giving him a hard look. Her voice filled with the air of authority as she spoke.

"Sir, go sit down. Now."

[roll0] Will

Screwed up roll.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-24, 03:31 AM
[roll0] Will

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-24, 03:32 AM
"Hey, that's right." Yuko is inspired by Alice's example and she draws her dagger. "You can't disturb me when I'm on duty. Stop bothering me or you're getting hurt."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-24, 03:35 AM
Alice turned to Yuko, and smiled, nodding. She was glad to see the other woman getting her spirit back.

"That's the spirit. These drunks are just impressing their hopes onto you. Best to pay it no mind."

twilightdusk
2009-12-24, 05:26 AM
Karin

The girl giggles as the two act so seriously "did the thought cross your mind though?"

smuchmuch
2009-12-24, 05:51 AM
Ophelia

has been dancing quietly behind the other girls, atrempting to keep up^.
(([roll0]*2= 8))

But seeing as, between Tanith tripping and Cassy being simply extremely good at this, the others have pretty much drawn all the attention (wich is fine by her, she came here to be inconspicuous after all), Ophelia doesn't see the point of displaying further her inability to dance to an inatentive audience and quietly grabs somme of the money on on the floor (no sense in letting it go to wait) and moves backstage.

Siren
2009-12-24, 09:54 AM
Stage

"Oh you know that it did cross their minds."

The drunk starts to turn around and walk away. Night walks through the crowd.

"You bothering my girls?"

Night doesn't wait for an answer and punches the guy. One of the men watching makes a grab for Ophelia while she is grabbing money.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-24, 11:20 AM
Yuko

Yuko's eye widens dangerously when she sees someone go after Ophelia. She leaps on stage and stabs him in the back, aiming straight for his heart.

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2009-12-24, 12:40 PM
Ophelia

Startled, Ophelia is about to concentrate her full willpower to make the men drop her but ,before she can try anything, her would be assaulter falls on the floor, dead or just in horrible pain, things went so fast it's hard to tell.

((I'm going to assume that's what happens given Evilroeshade's good roll, will edit if not))

Ophelia take a quick look at Yuko then the body at her feet. With the grimace of someone who has already seen peoples dying brutaly before and therefore won't panick, faint or hurl, but not nearly enough that she got used to it, Ophelia mutters a short "thanks" to Yuko and look for a way to get out here before the situation degenerate futher.

Verlaufen
2009-12-24, 12:42 PM
Hitomi

The lone guard's focus was all on the stage, now that everybody important was there. She sees Yuko lunge towards the guard, and her body tenses. She's not at the distance to stop the dangerous woman, so she is forced to watch panicked as the man falls over, presumably dead.

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-24, 12:54 PM
Cassy

Cassy continues to dance up until one of her new companions stabs the
grabber the death, it just seemed inappropriate to keep doing it afterward..

This whole night had turned sour fast, and if the crowd started to get ugly she'd likely try to get out of there as fast as she could.

Siren
2009-12-26, 06:00 PM
Stage

Man moved slightly at the last minute. The knife did not get him in the heart. He is bleeding a lot though. The incident sends the crowd into a frenzy and they start to rush the stage.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-26, 06:07 PM
Alice faces the crowd, brandishing her Quarterstaff, and staring them down coldly. She didn't really like tapping into something she was trying to get away from, but the situation did seem to call for it. Her voice was a cold, authoritative bark, and full of menace.

"Gentleman. You will all take a step back. You will all sit down, or leave. Or you will all die. You have been given you choice, now make it. My friends and I care very little which one it is."

Alice knew she didn't look all that threatening, but she did have backup.

[roll0] Will

smuchmuch
2009-12-26, 06:44 PM
Ophelia

Ophelia had been walking slowly to the stage but is quite afraid she won't be able to go out before the whole situation tuen really ugly.

"Comme to your senses. There is a man bleeding on the floor for *insert name of local divinity here* sake !"
She isn't naive, she's quite aware that calling out to a crowd better sentiment is usualy a pretty pointless endeavour. Still, those are just a bunch of drunk, not an organised lynch mob and there are a few "guards", one of wich proved her quickness and enthousaism, if not her efficacity, at stabbing people. That should make quite a few of them think twice (in a sugestive "that could be ME, do I really want to keep going forward to the dagger happy women near stage ?" kind of way), maybe enough to defuse the situation.

"Stop now and we may get him somme help before he bleeds like a pig."
Not that she'd mind that much given what the guy just tried but now isn't the time to be enitrely truthfull

OOc:
Not sure what to use here. [roll0] *4 if it's affection (4), *3 if you feel more under the ressort off cunning. (3)

Once again it's proven it work better to threaten and stabb peoples around than calling out to their better side.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-26, 06:45 PM
Yuko stabs, twists, and pulls her dagger out in a fluid motion. The ease at which she's taken him down and the blank expression on her face makes it obvious that she's killed before.

"Just part of the job," she murmurs to Ophelia in acknowledgment.

She sees what Alice is doing and doesn't think it's a good idea, the crowd looks past the point of reasoning with. She doesn't want to throw her to the wolves though so she joins her in front of the stage. "Who wants to be next?"

[roll0]

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-26, 09:34 PM
Cassy

Just gets worse and worse..

Cassy muses about the possibility of finding another band of travelers to throw her lot in, as this one hasn't been working out well so far. Before getting caught up in this increasingly tense situation, she decides to inconspicuously make her way off the stage, in the direction not clogged with angry drunken men.

twilightdusk
2009-12-26, 11:31 PM
Karin

The smile girl sighs irritatedly before standing in front of the other guards and smiling sweetly at the crowd.

"Now now now~ we're just a bunch of cute girls trying to protect our cute friend here~ we'd all hafta be a buncha big meenies to want to hurt more people here right~?"

[roll0]

Siren
2009-12-27, 12:53 AM
Stage

The crowd breaks up. The sun appears to be coming up soon. The men start heading for their tents and beds. The man with too much jewelery heads for the stage. He claps his hands a few times.

"Ladies that was a great show. You might want to have a bit less bloodshed tomorrow though."

The man with the jewelery kicks the man bleeding on the ground.

"Go to the nursing tent you. Letting some girls beat you."

Night has come over as well.

"Well I think we should get our tent set up. We will move out after we wake up."

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 12:56 AM
Karin

The girl sighs in relief "Good thing that didn't get any worse...what was she thinking doing that much?"

Verlaufen
2009-12-27, 01:09 AM
Hitomi

Hitomi storms up to the stage area, scowling at the almost-killer Yuko before picking the assaulter up and throwing him over her shoulder, carrying him to the medical tent before rushing up to Yuko. Her hat has tipped backwards, revealing bloodshot eyes glaring, contrasting her silence before the incident.

"What the hell do you think you were doing?" Hitomi demands in a hushed rage, hoping not to attract attention to her discussion. Her voice is deeper than average and sharp in it's tone. "Trying to keep a low profile and nearly killing a man in the first day?"

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 02:15 AM
Yuko

Yuko glances at Karin quizzically, still keeping watch over the now vacant stage. "You're not talking about me, are you?"

She takes a step back from Hitomi to give herself some more space. "I did what I had to, okay?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 02:17 AM
Karin

The girl sighs and turns to Yuko "Yes you, why did you stab him like that!? there could have been a riot!"

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 02:31 AM
"Uhh... I stabbed him like that because he ruined my shot at his heart so I had to go for a major vein. I didn't expect everyone to side with him though, so I was surprised when the whole crowd got angry."

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 02:34 AM
Karin

The girl smacks her own forehead lightly "Men like that...they see each other as friends and allies unless someone gets in their way. You nearly killed one, of course they'll get angry."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 04:13 AM
Alice stepped forward, placing herself between Yuko and the others. The woman had helped her, and Alice was indebted to her.

"Look, I think she misunderstood the situation. Jumping all over her won't do anything but get us all angry at each other. None of us are hurt, and we appear to have finished the job. Let's go have dinner, and get some sleep. In the morning, we can talk about this more levelheadedly."

Alice was trying to keep the peace. She believed, to herself, that Yuko had quite clearly crossed the line, but this wasn't the fashion to deal with it. All this would do would make her resentful and angry.

Damn you, old man.

Verlaufen
2009-12-27, 10:18 AM
Hitomi

Hitomi continues to stare angrily, but a bit of the menace in her voice has since receded. Deciding that speaking right now would get her nowhere, she gives Yuko an "If-Alice-weren't-here-right-now-you-might-be-dead" look before turning away and pulling down her hat. She begins pitching her tent shortly afterwards.

smuchmuch
2009-12-27, 10:33 AM
Ophelia

The show being definitvely over, Ophelia, who isn't taking part in the argument about Yuko, changes back to clothes more apropriate for the cold deserst nights and move away from the stage to find quiet hidden spot.

There she does somme strange ritual with a small metalic object, a flamme and a strange colorfull calboard square box from wich she pulls a small paper cylinder. Eventual witnesses who wouldn't have grown up in a fantasy world would recognize that as the quite out of place for the setting act of lighting up a pre rolled cigarette and having a quiet smoke.

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 10:39 AM
Karin

The girl sighs "That sounds like the best idea right now, let's just get the tent set up before the sun rises."

Siren
2009-12-27, 11:32 AM
Tent

Night helps put up the tent. Trina walks around to the girls trying to give out sleeping furs and other things to sleep with.

"You should all calm down we have a long trip together. You are all such nice girls I would hate for anything bad to happen."

Trina looks at Night.

smuchmuch
2009-12-27, 11:55 AM
Ophelia

Throwing her cigarette stump into the sand, Ophelia will walk a bit around the camp, looking around since she didn't have the occasion before.
After a while, if nothing particular catch her attention she'll gop back to the tent.

Verlaufen
2009-12-27, 04:16 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi goes to her tent for the night, getting ready for tomorrow and thinking about the other members of the group. A french woman, a young and cheery girl, some...thing covered in bandages, and a grim-faced potential murderer. What was Night thinking?

With those thoughts in her mind, Hitomi goes to sleep for the night.

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 04:53 PM
Karin

The young girl ducks into the medical tent where the wounded man was brought to.

Siren
2009-12-27, 04:57 PM
Medical Tent

There are a couple guys lying down on cots. There is also a woman in a cloak that appears to be mixing something.

Around the Camp

There are guys standing sentry duty. There appears to be some kinda store or trade area. Also there are some people leaving the camp. Most people are going to sleep.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-27, 04:58 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith goes into the medical tent as well. She felt guilty, it was sort of her fault that the whole affair started. If she hadn't tripped, then unneeded bloodshed could have been avoided.

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 05:00 PM
Karin

The girl looks over at the woman "ah, hey, does that man need any help?"

smuchmuch
2009-12-27, 05:36 PM
Ophelia

Take look at the merchants in the trade zone in case someone sell something that might be of interest for latter latter but doesn't purchasse anything. She doesn't feel like bartering right now.

On the way back, seing tTanith and Karin at the medical tent, she takes a look inside. It be nice if the man survived today, would avoid haviong to run from a lynch mob tomorow. Plus she's curious about the curing practice around here.

Siren
2009-12-27, 05:47 PM
Medical Tent

"Wow one of these guys must be popular."

The woman flips her hood back. She is very pretty.

"Both men are doing just fine. Are you concerned about the man who just got here? If so he is fine. I did a healing on him. By tomorrow he will be gone."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 06:17 PM
Alice sits, wrapped in her furs, brushing her hair calmly and throughly. It was a relaxing thing to do, for the most part, and it helped her prepare for bed.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 06:21 PM
Yuko looks lost in thought, cleaning her dagger and frowning as she usually does.

Eventually she decides to see if there will be any dinner tonight. She doesn't see anyone eating outside so she goes into their tent.

Taking a seat next to Alice, she watches the tent flap as she speaks. "Hey. Thanks."

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 06:22 PM
Karin

The girl nods and smiles "That's good. ah, is there any blood that needs to be cleaned up?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 06:27 PM
Alice smiled at Yuko's thanks, continuing to brush her hair as she responded.

"Not necessary. You stood beside me when I needed you to. I could do nothing less. We are friends, and that is all there is to it."

Alice thought for a moment and sighed before continuing.

"I don't believe it is my place to tell you off, or anything like that. But might I ask that you be a bit slower to use your knife? Bloodshed is sad, even when it is unavoidable. And it can be avoided most of the time."

smuchmuch
2009-12-27, 06:28 PM
Ophelia

"Oh goody then". comment Ophelia who moved near the guy and discretly took a small sample off his blood on a small tissueclothe "There's no chance he may catch a painfull agonising malign fever then" There's just a hint of hidden disapointement in her voice

"Just out off curiosity how do you heal people ?"

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 06:35 PM
Yuko's brow knits. "We're... friends? I never..." she doesn't finish her thought, and when she speaks again it appears to be about something entirely different. "I never feel sadness, or anything else when I use my blade. Not anymore." Despite her words she certainly doesn't look very happy. "I'll respect your wishes anyway though."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 06:40 PM
Alice just continues brushing her hair, stopping everyone once in a while to inspect her work. She listens to Yuko speak quietly, wondering what the other woman had stopped herself from saying, but resolving not to pick at it. Alice had secrets as well.

"That you don't feel sadness anymore is even sadder. At least it seems that way to me."

Alice sighed. She didn't understand Yuko. It wasn't Yuko's fault, but her own. She was here giving her advice even so.

"I thank you for respecting my wishes. Let's hope a situation where your blade is neccessary doesn't come around for a long time."

Alice knew that was probably an impossible hope, but that wouldn't stop her. Impossible hopes were better then crushing realities.

Siren
2009-12-27, 06:45 PM
Medical Tent

"No everything is cleaned up. If you would like to though the other patient needs a sponge bath."

The woman smiles before continuing.

"Um I heal through magic. I hope that doesn't offend you."

smuchmuch
2009-12-27, 06:48 PM
Ophelia

"Magic can heal ?" she's slightly surprised,either that use for magic apparently never crossed her mind or she didn't think it was possible. She seems suddenly interested "How does that work ? Isn't there like a price toipay for, that kind of thing ? You could teach that ?"

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 06:49 PM
Yuko closes her eye for a moment. Astoundingly it looks like she's on the verge of tears, but she doesn't succumb. "You're right, it is sad. I really wish I could feel remorse." She gives Alice an expressionless look, having straightened her face. "I don't even know your name. Mine is Yuko."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 06:58 PM
Alice put down her comb for a moment, and just looked hard at Yuko, a look of concentration on her face.

"I'm Alice. Very nice to meet you Yuko."

Alice placed her hand on Yuko's for a moment. She was about to give advice, enen though she admittedly had no idea who this woman was. But she had caused this as well.

"I think you do feel remorse. Your face says so. You just might be hiding it from yourself. Extinguising your sense of remorse would be a terrible thing. I think you are just hiding from it."

Alice removed her hand, and went back to brushing her hair, having said her piece.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 07:04 PM
Yuko

Yuko shakes her head quickly. "You read me well. But the sadness that you're seeing is just for myself." She stares at Alice's hand, tensing but not reacting. She doesn't really know how to respond to the gesture of affection.

For the first time she looks over at Alice. "Can I have that when you're done?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 07:06 PM
Karin

The girl backs away. "Ah, that's fine, just checking up, I'll take my leave now." She ducks out of the tent and goes towards the group's tent, walking into it.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 07:09 PM
Alice looks over at Yuko, and shakes her head softly.

"I don't believe that."

However, she shakes her head, trying to leave all this sorrowful talk behind.

"Alright. Would you like me to do it? I'm pretty good with hair, and if you haven't brushed it in a while, having someone else do it is going to hurt less."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 07:13 PM
Yuko

Yuko frowns at Alice, which is simply her default expression. "Oh! Sure." She scoots closer to Alice and then turns her back on her. Then she glances back suddenly. "You don't have to be nice to me, if you don't want to."

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 07:15 PM
Karin

The girl smirks a bit at the two already inside. "Hello."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-27, 07:17 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith, confident in the man's survival, gives Ophelia a pat on the back and heads to the tent as well.

She throws her old dress on over her dancing outfit, and lies down on her fur.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 07:18 PM
Alice turns Yuko's head around gently, and begins brushing softly her hair. She doesn't know how to respond to the remark about not needing to be nice other then to just ignore it. She is intent on her work.

"You could have lovely hair if you grew it out a bit, and took care of it."

Alice looked over at Karin, and smiled, before turning back to Yuko's hair.

"Hello."

Siren
2009-12-27, 07:31 PM
Medical Tent

"I can teach it, but there is a price to pay to heal people."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 07:31 PM
Yuko
"Hi you guys," says Yuko softly as the other two enter. "I don't think we introduced ourselves... I'm Yuko. Does anyone know if we're getting any dinner?" Obviously it's not easy for her but she gradually allows herself to relax under Alice's ministrations.

smuchmuch
2009-12-27, 07:34 PM
Ophelia

"Wich is ? just out off curiosity"

Siren
2009-12-27, 07:36 PM
Medical Tent

"You can't hurt anyone or you will lose the ability. It isn't that difficult really."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-27, 07:37 PM
Tanith Bellerose

"Tanith. And, I'm not feeling very hungry. I don't eat a lot." Tanith says, sitting up.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-27, 07:53 PM
Alice continued brushing Yuko's hair, thinking about how it could be styled with its short length.

"Alice."

twilightdusk
2009-12-27, 08:02 PM
Karin

The girl sits down on the ground "Karin, pleased to meet'cha~"

smuchmuch
2009-12-27, 08:13 PM
Ophelia

"Interesting." Ophelia doesn't comment more and after saluting the doctoress, goes back to the group tent.

Siren
2009-12-27, 10:47 PM
Tent

Trina is putting down her sleeping gear. Night is sitting in the corner it is hard to see if he is asleep or awake.

"Girls shouldn't you be getting some rest? It will be a long walk tomorrow night and then we will have another performance perhaps."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-27, 10:51 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith shakes her head. "I don't sleep a lot, I'll probably get some sleep later, but I'm not tired yet."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-27, 11:23 PM
Yuko

"I don't eat a lot either... it's just that I ran out of food last night and haven't eaten anything today."

twilightdusk
2009-12-28, 07:12 AM
Karin

The girl lies down on her bedroll, positioned not too far from Night. "You may as well lie down then, wont be much else to do once the sun is up."

smuchmuch
2009-12-28, 03:43 PM
Ophelia

Ophelia is lying on az fur, forcing herself to fall asleep to forget she's hungry, soon hot and would rather be somewhere else altogether.
"Have a gd'nigh... day. whichever."

Siren
2009-12-28, 06:27 PM
OOC: Moving on to when they should be waking up.

Tent

"Wake up girls. We need to pack the tent and grab some food before they move out."

smuchmuch
2009-12-28, 06:43 PM
Ophelia

Despite what ther corpulence and previous attitude way suggest, Ophelia is a surprisingly light sleeper and quick riser. After a just bit of stretching and a much needed drink, she is quicly on her feet and helping to dismount the tent.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-28, 08:10 PM
Yuko

When Yuko realizes she isn't getting any dinner, she goes to sleep without complaint, though her stomach growls a few times through the night. She sleeps in her clothes and the next morning she awakens immediately and gets to her feet the moment Trina enters. "Yes ma'am."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-28, 08:13 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith woke up after only an hour of sleep, she had just been laying on her fur. Still, she seemed to have tons of energy today.

"Off course, I will get to zat right away." She smiles, packing up the fur she had barely slept on.

twilightdusk
2009-12-28, 08:22 PM
Karin

Karin starts packing up her bedroll as soon as the order is given. She quickly walks out of the tent and takes a look around.

Verlaufen
2009-12-28, 08:30 PM
Hitomi

While she isn't a very good morning person, Hitomi does okay waking up at night. She packs up quickly and heads out shortly after without a word.

Siren
2009-12-28, 09:19 PM
Outside the Tent

Most of the men are packing up the tents. There is a big man serving food to a group of people. He is also passing out packets to them. A girl is wandering around the camp. She seems lost or something. Night is sitting on a log drinking something and looking around.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-28, 09:25 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith stretches, and goes to speak with the maybe-lost girl. "Are you alright, darling?" She asks, leaning on her staff.

Verlaufen
2009-12-28, 09:27 PM
Hitomi

Seeing Night looking around, Hitomi walks up to him. Her voice and expression are still slightly angry from yesterday's events. "Night, what will you need us to do tonight?"

Siren
2009-12-28, 10:51 PM
Girl

"I am looking for someone. I can't find them. I can't let him go with the caravan."

The girl shivers.

Night

"You are a guard so you will need to protect the caravan. Keep an eye out especially when we stop for the nights. Other caravans have been losing goods and if we are not careful we will lose our jobs."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-28, 10:52 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith frowns. "What does 'e look like? I could 'elp you find him, no?"

Verlaufen
2009-12-28, 11:11 PM
Hitomi

"Yes, sir." Hitomi salutes Night before heading over to the man serving food, assuming that that's where she should be going. She looks around the camp, waiting to see if anyone else is coming for food.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-28, 11:12 PM
Alice hadn't slept well, and awoke badly, looking around and not recognizing the place, her hair in a sleepy halo around her head.

...this isn't home...

Slowly she remembered where she was, and bolted out of bed, packing her things with one hand while attempting to soothe her hair with another.

"Late late late late!"

twilightdusk
2009-12-29, 09:27 AM
Karin

Karin had walked over with Hitomi and listened to the order. "So, we should stand guard at the sides of the group, yes?"

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-29, 09:41 AM
Cassy

upon hearing the familiar sounds of other others talking, Cassy crawls out from beneath the sand were she'd been sleeping. She yawns and then greets Alice who happened to be nearby.

Hey! you guys are still alive.. so eh, does this mean I've been hiding all night for nothing?

Cassy sounds mildly disappointed by this revelation.

Verlaufen
2009-12-29, 11:42 AM
Hitomi

Hitomi looks down at the girl more than a foot below her and nods after slight hesitation. "Yes, that's correct."

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-29, 11:55 AM
Cassy

...Oh, well I should probably go change or something..

Cassy digs herself back into the sand. After several minutes she crawls out completely this time, having changed her dancing outfit for the robes she previously wore.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-29, 01:54 PM
Yuko spends the morning stoically packing the tent and folding up everyone's blankets. Only when she's finished does she go and get herself some breakfast, looking very tired and hungry.

twilightdusk
2009-12-29, 02:55 PM
Karin

Karin nods. "OK then, we'll arrange more specifically after breakfast." With that, she gets in the food line.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-29, 02:58 PM
Alice gets in the food line as well, her hair slowly taking shape.

"So what is for breakfast?"

Alice wasn't to optimistic.

twilightdusk
2009-12-29, 03:03 PM
Karin

Karin turns to look at Alice. "No idea. So did you get any sleep last night?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-29, 03:05 PM
Alice shrugged at Karin's question.

"I got enough. Why?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-29, 03:07 PM
Karin

Karin shrugs. "I dunno, just making sure yesterday didn't disturb you too much."

smuchmuch
2009-12-29, 05:32 PM
Ophelia

After having helped a bit with the packing, feels that she has merited her breakfeast (well in her own opinion anyway) and goes into the appropriate line, trying to hide her impatience (she's starting to get really hungry.) despite the fact she's occasionaly taping her foot nervously or twisting her head to take a look the end of the queue.

Siren
2009-12-29, 06:23 PM
OOC: You guys were very busy today.

Girl

"He is really big and has a beard."

That describes about half the men in the camp.

Food Line

There are some men grumbling in the food line. The cook doesn't appear to be in any hurry. When the girls get to the cook they see that for breakfast they are having oatmeal and toast. They are also handed packages to eat on the road. The cook does not offer any words.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-29, 06:40 PM
Tanith Bellerose

"Ah. Come with me, I'll 'elp you find 'im. Don't worry." Tanith smiles. "Do you know where 'e would 'ave gone?"

Verlaufen
2009-12-29, 08:56 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi says nothing in return, and sits down on the sand a good distance away and begins eating. She eats the food slowly, peeking at Night and at Yuko every few minutes. Her hat stayed down as she ate.

Siren
2009-12-29, 09:51 PM
Girl

"He is a really good with a weapon. Are there guys like that around here? I am not sure where he would be."

A large number of the men are getting food or eating there food near the food line in case there is extra.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-29, 11:41 PM
Alice takes her food with a smile from the cook, walking back toward the tents. She believed what she was sufficient, and didn't feel the need to hang around.

"Wonder how far we will be going today..."

Alice was thinking out loud, not talking to anyone in particular.

twilightdusk
2009-12-29, 11:45 PM
Karin

Karin takes her food and sits with Alice. "I dunno, not like it will make a difference." She starts to eat. "So, anyone in particular you want to stand with today?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-30, 12:49 AM
Alice looked over at Karin curiously, still eating.

"Stand with? What do you mean?"

Shades of Gray
2009-12-30, 01:37 AM
Girl

"He is a really good with a weapon. Are there guys like that around here? I am not sure where he would be."

A large number of the men are getting food or eating there food near the food line in case there is extra.

"Hmmm... Maybe 'e's training somewhere? Or in an armory tent?" Tanith suggests.

twilightdusk
2009-12-30, 06:53 AM
Karin

Karin takes a bite of food before responding. "We're on guard duty right? that's best done in pairs, is there anyone in particular you'd want to be paired with?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-30, 03:18 PM
Alice shrugged, and just shook her head.

"No, not really. Maybe with Yuko, since it seems like she has difficulties getting along with everyone, but I don't have a preference."

smuchmuch
2009-12-30, 03:34 PM
Ohelia

With heartfull sigh Ophelia scraps the last of the gruel from her bowl and start wandering aimlessly around the camp, looking curiously around at the other peoples in the caravan.

twilightdusk
2009-12-30, 03:37 PM
Karin

Karin pouts a bit as she continues eating. "no girl-crushes you want to spend time next to? or oh! maybe you fell in love with Yuko after her daring display yesterday?" Karin teases at Alice.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-30, 06:34 PM
Alice fixed Karin with a dissaproving stare. She wasn't about to rise to that obvious bait.

"I don't know what you mean by 'Girl Crushes,' and I have not fallen in love with Yuko. She's my friend, the same way you are."

Siren
2009-12-30, 06:39 PM
Girl

"Do you know where people train or the armory is?"

Around Camp

The men are finishing up their food and starting to form the caravan. It appears they might move out soon. Night has moved off towards the wagons they are guarding. He is cleaning a sword while waiting.

twilightdusk
2009-12-30, 07:05 PM
Karin

Karin giggles like the little girl she is as she finishes her food. "Of course of course. Just don't be afraid to admit it when the time comes." She giggles more as she goes to turn in her bowl and prepare to move out.

Cpt. Soup
2009-12-31, 09:52 AM
Cassy

Cassy walks over to where Night is. She watches him clean his sword for a few moments before moving closer to talk to him.

Um.. Mister Night, sir.. I'm wondering what me and the other girls are supposed to do now.. Are we going to dance again after camp's set up?

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-31, 02:05 PM
Yuko takes a while to get her food since she didn't get in line until much later than the others. She takes enough rations for the day and eats her rather tasteless fare without fuss or complaint, joining Alice and Karin while she does so.

"Hey, she murmurs, looking as though she disapproves of the world and everyone in it.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-31, 04:01 PM
Alice smiled toward Yuko, washing out the bowl with a little bit of water as she finished.

"Morning Yuko."

She began to fold up her things neatly and pack them away, doing things with an air of careful concentration.

twilightdusk
2009-12-31, 04:20 PM
Karin

Karin smiles up at Yuko as she prepares her equipment. "Morning oh heroic one."

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-31, 05:05 PM
Yuko turns and stares at Karin. "Huh?"

twilightdusk
2009-12-31, 05:07 PM
Karin

Karin giggles a bit. "Nothing nothing, did you sleep well?"

Siren
2009-12-31, 06:47 PM
Night

"Yes you girls will be dancing after camp is set up. This might be the last night we are with the caravan though."

Caravan

The wagons and men start to move out.

twilightdusk
2009-12-31, 06:50 PM
Karin

"Ah! we're moving out, come on come on!"She tugs on Alice's sleeve and starts jogging toward the wagons.

EvilRoeSlade
2009-12-31, 07:00 PM
"I slept fine, how about yourself?" There isn't much expression to Yuko's words, she just trudges dutifully along to their caravan.

smuchmuch
2009-12-31, 07:18 PM
Ophelia

Walking to the waqgons, Ophelia look if there is a vacant place in one of the wagons. she's ready topy for it if necessary. She'd really rather sit that walk all night.

If somme negociations are necessary [roll0]

Siren
2009-12-31, 09:03 PM
Lost Girl

"Looks like the caravan is moving. Can I walk with you? I have to find him."

Caravan

Ophelia is able to get a ride on a wagon full of girls.

"What are you doing with the caravan? We haven't seen you before."

Shades of Gray
2009-12-31, 09:04 PM
Tanith Bellerose

Tanith nods, smiling. "Of course, darling. Come with moi." She uses her staff as a walking stick as they go with the caravan.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-31, 09:14 PM
Alice follows along after Karin. She resolved to walk as far as she could. If she had to, she could always try to snag a ride on one of the Wagons.

"Alright, Alright."

twilightdusk
2009-12-31, 09:18 PM
Karin

Karin walks alongside a wagon towards the middle of the caravan.

Siren
2010-01-01, 11:26 AM
Lost Girl

"Thank you so much for helping me. What is your name?"

Caravan

After a few hours they stop at an oasis to water the animals. The guards are asked to spread out and keep an eye out.

twilightdusk
2010-01-01, 11:29 AM
Karin

Karin nods at the request and stands guard a short ways from the wagons, facing the direction the group came from.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-01-01, 12:14 PM
Yuko wanders off to find a suitable post and then notices Tanith and the girl. She approaches and gives the girl a suspicious look. "Who is she?"

Verlaufen
2010-01-01, 04:20 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi has followed along on the opposite side of the caravan as Yuko, not saying anything except for the necessary "Yes, sir" or the like, as if there were some reason to conserve the air. When they come to the oasis, Hitomi seeks shade, and lifts up her hat's brow again to monitor the area while they stop.

Siren
2010-01-01, 05:23 PM
What Karin Sees

Back in the direction the caravan came from there is a glowing light. It is shaped like a person.

What Hitomi Sees

There are a couple of cats running around the oasis. This is unusual because there aren't any cats living in the desert.

OOC: If you need something for your maid to do let me know.

twilightdusk
2010-01-01, 05:26 PM
Karin

Karin squints in the direction of the light, trying to get a better look.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-01-01, 05:27 PM
Tanith Bellerose

"I'm Tanith, a-"

Then Yuko arrives as Tanith is about to ask. Ah, bonjour, Yuko. She was just about to tell me.

Verlaufen
2010-01-01, 05:45 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi looks at the odd site without her normal amount of suspicion. She focuses on the cats for a bit as a smile crosses her face. She begins walking towards them slowly and quietly, trying not to seem too threatening to them. If she gets close, she begins to examine them closely.

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2010-01-01, 06:04 PM
Ophelia

"Hi. I'm Ophelia."" She's a little surprised as she didn't expect anyone would take nay attention to her. I'm one of the dancing girls who travels with Mr Night."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-01, 06:07 PM
Alice looked over at Karin.

"What are you doing? Got some Sand in your eye?"

Siren
2010-01-01, 09:27 PM
What Karin Sees

It appears to be a glowing man with a sack coming towards the caravan.

Lost Girl

"My name is Aria. Nice to meet you."

Aria holds out a hand for someone to shake.

What Hitomi Sees

The cats look normal enough, but they are a bit big. They don't appear to be starving either even though there is nothing to eat around here. One of the cats tries to climb up Hitomi. The other cat is looking around.

Girls in the Wagon

"Are you guys staying with us the whole time?"

twilightdusk
2010-01-01, 09:30 PM
Karin

Karin points at the approaching figure "tell me you see this...there's a glowing man walking towards us."

Verlaufen
2010-01-01, 10:03 PM
Hitomi

Hitomi keeps her leg stiff as the one cat tries to climb up it. She turns her head back to look at the group, then slowly looks back to the cat, and picks it up if it allows her to. She looks it in the eyes, her expression conflicted between disappointment and curiosity. Then, for some reason, she talks to it.

"You're lucky, little kitten." Her voice is harsh and menacing. She pulls down her hat and sets the cat down, waiting to see how the felines react.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-02, 12:15 AM
Alice looks the direction Karin is pointing, curious as to what she sees.

(Not saying Alice sees it, just in case Karin is going crazy.)

smuchmuch
2010-01-02, 05:13 PM
Ophelia.

"..Probably ?
I don't know, I just joined the troop recently, I'm not yet aware of the whole tour arrangements.

Why do you ask ?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-01-02, 05:18 PM
Yuko just gives the hand a long, hard look. "I don't think Night wants you to tag along with us Aria. Why don't you go home?"

Siren
2010-01-02, 06:32 PM
Glowing Man

Alice can see it as well. The man is now walking right by them and is about to reach the camp.

In Hitomi's Head

Why are we lucky?

Wagon

"A lot of people come and go we just want to know if we should get to know you."

Aria

"You want a little girl to go home alone through the desert? I could die or get lost. I need to find someone."

twilightdusk
2010-01-02, 06:35 PM
Karin

Karin quickly draws her sword and holds it so that the blade blocks the man's path. "Halt!"

Shades of Gray
2010-01-02, 06:39 PM
Aria[/B]

"You want a little girl to go home alone through the desert? I could die or get lost. I need to find someone."

Tanith Bellerose

"Oh come on Yuko." She says, putting a hand on Aria's shoulder. "Night took us all in, what makes Aria any different?" She asks.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-01-02, 06:46 PM
Yuko looks thoughtful for a moment. "She's not his niece?

Shades of Gray
2010-01-02, 06:49 PM
Tanith Bellerose

"Niece?" She looks confused. "I wasn't aware that being 'is niece was part of the criteria."

Verlaufen
2010-01-02, 06:52 PM
Hitomi

Hitmoi jolts backwards, instinctively also grasping her sword's hilt before releasing and kneeling down to look at the cats on a more I level. She now looks fiercely focused on them. "...Because I didn't know you guys were unnatural here until now. If you were normal cats, then there's something about me you don't want to know."

"And get out of my mind, I need to get back to guard duty."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-02, 07:53 PM
Alice was suprised by the glowing man as well, but took up the broom she had been using as a Walking Stick, and braced it.

"Please identify yourself, sir."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-01-02, 08:08 PM
Yuko furrows her brow, perhaps surprised though it's hard to tell. "So you're not family?"

Shades of Gray
2010-01-02, 11:22 PM
Tanith

"No, of course not! Whatever gave you that idea?" Tanith asks. "You're related to Night?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-01-02, 11:34 PM
Yuko

"Y-yeah." Yuko looks away, embarrassed of the mistake she's made. "That's why he agreed to take me in. I guess I just assumed the rest of you were too somehow."

Cpt. Soup
2010-01-02, 11:48 PM
Cassy

Cassy peers into the wagon occupied by Ophelia and friends. Rather pleased by the discovery of a wagon not brimming with foul camp workers or supplies, she catches hold of the edge and pulls herself in. She attempts to give a friendly smile, but then remembers that her face is all covered up. Coughing she addresses Ophelia.

Oh hello.. ..Ah we haven't exchanged names yet have we? My name is Cassy, who are your friends?

Siren
2010-01-03, 01:42 AM
Glowing Man

The sword goes right through the man without any effect or stopping him at all. He doesn't appear to hear them either.

Aria

"Once I find the man I am looking for I should be off your hands. Please just let me stay for now. I will try to be sooo helpful."

Cats

We aren't getting out of your head yet. Do you want a friend? Do you want some help?

EvilRoeSlade
2010-01-03, 01:47 AM
Yuko

Yuko just stares unkindly at Aria. "I have no problems with it, but it's not up to me. Let's take her to Night, alright Tanith?"

Verlaufen
2010-01-03, 02:09 AM
Hitomi

"I can always use help and a friend, but I'm doing just fine for now." Hitomi has calmed slightly, but still looks menacing. Her voice is no longer hushed, and the brow of her hat is lifted further. "What are you, anyway, magical, shapeshifters, or just some sort of mirage?"

Siren
2010-01-03, 02:47 AM
Cats

Don't worry about what we are. If you help us we can give you something that will help you. We will also assist you however we can.

Verlaufen
2010-01-03, 02:54 AM
Hitomi

Accepting a deal from someone like me... Despite that offhand thought, Hitomi nods without much hesitation. "Don't worry, I'll make sure your trust is well placed... provided it doesn't interfere with my mission with Night."

Hitomi smiles a half-smile. "So, What do you need?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-03, 03:01 AM
Alice watched the man walk through the Sword, and bit her lip with worry, recalling something.

"That is... unusual. Karin... do you remember what the men at the fire were talking about last night?"

twilightdusk
2010-01-03, 10:27 AM
Karin

Karin bites her lip. "Don't tell me you think it's that ghost..." She runs to get in front of the man. "I order you to stop moving!"

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2010-01-03, 10:52 AM
Ophelia

"Hello Cassy, I'm Ophelia. Nice dancing yesterday"
Ophelia helps Cassy to get into the wagon if necessary, too happy that she is to have someone else diverting the attention from her. She's not much of a conversionalist.
".. I just got into this wagon so I don't know anyone in there too. But I'm sure they'll delighted to make your aquaintance"

Shades of Gray
2010-01-03, 11:55 AM
Yuko

Yuko just stares unkindly at Aria. "I have no problems with it, but it's not up to me. Let's take her to Night, alright Tanith?"

Tanith Bellerose

Tanith smile and nods. "MmmHmm. Let's go." Tanith walks with Aria and Yuko to Night.

Siren
2010-01-03, 03:29 PM
Cats

The cats cuddle with each other for a minute and then separate. There is a shiny belt where they were.

There is a ghost in the camp. You must send the ghost on. This magic belt will help you.

Glowing Man

The man walks right through Karin and Karin feels a little chilled.

Night

"Do you guys want something?"

Verlaufen
2010-01-03, 03:36 PM
Hitomi

"If you say so. If there's something in the camp, it's my duty as a guard to stop it, either way." Hitomi puts the belt on over the desert clothes, and runs off towards Alice and Karin, not worrying about the cats more for now.

Realizing she didn't know either of their names, she tries to make do. "You two. Have either of you seen a ghost around this oasis?"

twilightdusk
2010-01-03, 03:39 PM
Karin

Karin ignores Hitomi and charges after the glowing man "I said stop!" She tries to slash her katana through the man.

[roll0]

Siren
2010-01-03, 03:44 PM
Glowing Man

The katana goes right through the man. He continues towards the oasis.

Verlaufen
2010-01-03, 03:51 PM
Hitomi

Having just watched the small girl's sword - Why does she have that thing? - cut straight through someone without leaving so much as a scratch, Hitomi concludes that this must be the ghost. She runs past Karin and into the ghost's line of sight and walking. She pulls the falchion of her back, hefting it with both hands.

"Halt, ghost! You are not welcome in this oasis!"

[roll0]