Expedition to Snark Island

Introduction
’Twas the gravest misfortune befell that poor crew,
And the passengers – worse was their lot:
For the ship ran aground with a terrible sound,
And the rudder, it broke on the spot.

The damage, not permanent, was yet so severe
That they knew they’d be staying some time,
So they thought they should know “Where exactly is here?
And why are we speaking in rhyme?”

The map was produced, and examined, and then
With a shout that made others demur;
The Bellman announced in ambivalent tone
That he knew where it was that they were.

“For this is Snark Island!” he loudly declaimed,
“A most worrisome place after dark:
It is home to the Bandersnatch, Jub-Jub and Jabberwock,
And also, of course, to the Snark.”

“While the first three are beasts of tremendous repute,
The Snark may be not so well known,
But is much more intelligent, cunning and shrewd,
So attend, if you want to get home.”

“What is that?” cried the Boots, pointing down to the ground,
And showed that his sight was the better;
For lying unseen right beside them they found
Something most unexpected – a letter.

“Who leaves letters on beaches?” asked some, and quite right,
For it’s rather unusual, you know;
And some, “What’s it say? Without further delay,
Let this writing be put up on show.”

“We welcome you here to Snark Island,” he read,
(That’s the Banker – he chose to take charge)
“While you wait here, indeed, or perhaps it’s instead-
The writing is not very large.”

“Give it here!” cried the Barrister, snatching the page,
And casting his trained eye around;
With a very grave look, like a fish on a hook,
He revealed to us then what he’d found:

“This letter is signed by The Snark, my dear friends,
And though mistrust does not become you,
I fear it’s a must, for the Snark closes thus:
‘We creatures are hidden among you.’ ”

Rules
Basic rules of WW may be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112401).
Votes must be in red text. Vote changes must be indicated by striking through the previous vote.
Day phases will be roughly 48 hours, night phases roughly 24.
Helgraf's scry interference rule is being used in this game.
The 25% rule does not apply in this game, except sort of for the Jabberwock as described below.

Roles
Passengers: These poor people just had the misfortune to be travelling on the ship when it ran aground on Snark Island.
Basic Villager role. Win by eliminating the predators of Snark Island.

The Crew
Bellman: Captain of the ship, he can identify the other members of the crew.
“What I tell you three times is true.”: If the Bellman points at the same person three times on three separate days, the third time his vote counts triple and ignores day-baning.
The Bellman starts the game with the Bell, and can only lose it by dying.

Beaver:
There was also a Beaver, that paced on the deck,
Or would sit making lace in the bow:
And had often (the Bellman said) saved them from wreck,
Though none of the sailors knew how.
Each night the Beaver can choose a player. That player is immune to being night killed. (Baner)
The Beaver starts the game with the Second-hand dagger-proof coat.

Baker:
There was one who was famed for the number of things
He forgot when he entered the ship:
His umbrella, his watch, all his jewels and rings,
And the clothes he had bought for the trip.

He had forty-two boxes, all carefully packed,
With his name painted clearly on each:
But, since he omitted to mention the fact,
They were all left behind on the beach.

The loss of his clothes hardly mattered, because
He had seven coats on when he came,
With three pairs of boots--but the worst of it was,
He had wholly forgotten his name.
Unnamed: Only other crewmembers can accurately scry the Baker.
Forgetful: Each night, the Baker has a 10% chance of losing any item in his possession, added to the usual chance if he uses it.

"His form is ungainly--his intellect small--"
(So the Bellman would often remark)
"But his courage is perfect! And that, after all,
Is the thing that one needs with a Snark."

He would joke with hyenas, returning their stare
With an impudent wag of the head:
And he once went a walk, paw-in-paw, with a bear,
"Just to keep up its spirits," he said.
Tracker: Courageous as he is, the Baker can follow a player each night and see who they target with their night actions.

Butcher:
"In one moment I've seen what has hitherto been
Enveloped in absolute mystery,
And without extra charge I will give you at large
A Lesson in Natural History."
Stalwart: Each night the Butcher may defend himself and one other player against the Jub-Jub’s ability.
Natural history: Each night the Butcher can scry a player to determine if they are the Jub-Jub. If the Butcher dies, this ability passes to a randomly chosen non-predator who was previously defended against the Jub-Jub’s ability.

Barrister: Brought to arrange their disputes, this Barrister is exceedingly good at defending his clients against accusations.
Each night the barrister can choose a player. The following day, that player cannot be lynched. (Day-baner)

Banker: The Banker has all the money in his care, and also helps organise various matters relating to goods and insurance, which confuse most people so much as to temporarily incapacitate them, so they simply wait and see what he gives them.
Each night the Banker can choose a player. That player is unable to use his or her night action that night. However there is a 40% chance he will give the voided player a blank cheque or an insurance policy. (Voider)
The Banker starts the game with one blank cheque.

Billiard-marker: The Billiard-marker has immense skill, and it is unwise to bet anything you mind losing against him. He always wins.
Each night the Billiard-marker can choose a player and take all their items.

Boots: As the Boots’ usual occupation is shoe-shining, he has an eye for small details which others might miss.
Each night the Boots can choose a player. He will be informed of all other actions targeting that player. He also has an increased chance of finding items.

Bonnet-maker: A maker of bonnets and hoods, who by using novel arrangements of bows, can confuse prying eyes.
Each night the Bonnet-maker can choose a player and cause scries directed at them to return a random result. (Disguiser)

Broker: The Broker was brought to value their goods, and can also identify them.
Each night the broker can choose a player and find out what items they have in their possession.

A randomly chosen crewmember will start the game with the Snark-hunting kit.
The crew win by eliminating the predators of Snark Island.

The Predators of Snark Island
The Boojum:
" 'But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
If your Snark be a Boojum! For then
You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
And never be met with again!'”
If the Boojum is lynched, one of the people who pointed at it will also die. (Beast)

The Snark: Not all snarks are boojums. This is a regular one. Since no-one really knows what a snark looks like (As the Bellman never finished his speech on the subject), it succeeds in stealthily observing the goings on.
Each night the Snark can scry a player, with completely accurate results. (Devil)

The Jabberwock:
‘Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!’
This flaming-eyed beast is exceedingly strong and dangerous, and can scare off almost anything. It’s also very hard to kill.
Each night the Jabberwock chooses a player. All other night actions targeting that player will fail.
Rampage: The Jabberwock can only be guaranteeably lynched by 25% or more of the remaining players (Though the 25% rule does not otherwise apply). If the Jabberwock would be lynched by less than 25%, either the lynch fails and the next target is lynched, or the Jabberwock is lynched, but goes on a rampage, killing a random number of the people who pointed at it.
Both of the Jabberwock’s abilities are negated by the Vorpal sword.

The Jub-Jub Bird:
Then a scream, shrill and high, rent the shuddering sky,
And they knew that some danger was near:
The Beaver turned pale to the tip of its tail,
And even the Butcher felt queer.
Each night the Jub-Jub can choose a player. For the next day and night phase, that player cannot act and is not allowed to post in the game thread. Can’t be used on the same person twice, but if blocked by the Butcher, it doesn’t count as having been used on that player.
Use of this ability cannot cause a player to be autolynched.

The Bandersnatch: This frumious beast has the strange effect on its victims of leaving them with inverted colours, like a photographic negative. It is suspected this may have other effects.
Each night the Bandersnatch can choose a player. The following day and night phase, their effects of their actions are the reverse of what they would normally be. The target is not told that they have been inverted.
This Bandersnatch cannot use this ability on its teammates.

The predators all know each other.
Each night, the predators may kill one player.
The predators win if their numbers are greater than or equal to those of the remaining passengers and crew.

Other Animals of Snark Island
Tove: A bit like a badger, and a bit like a lizard… and a bit like a corkscrew. This slithy creature is very curious indeed, also it nests under sundials, also it lives on cheese. Its tendency to gyre (Spin round like a gyroscope) can confuse people.
Each night the Tove can choose 2 players. The following day, all points at the first will be diverted to the second. (Vortexer)

Borogrove: A thin bird with its feathers sticking out all around, a bit like a living mop. It tends to feel rather mimsy around brillig, so anyone bothering it around then is likely to attract its ire.
The Borogrove’s points count double against whoever pointed 2/3 through the previous day, and anyone who pointed at the Borogrove around that time.

Rath: A sort of green pig. Since it’s so very far mome, it tends to outgribe rather pitifully. One can’t help feeling sorry for it.
Once every 3 days, the Rath can choose to have all points at it randomly redirected.

The other animals all know each other.
The other animals win if they survive.

Items
Various items were brought on the voyage, some of which may be useful. Some items start in the possession of certain players, while others are randomly found. Each time an item is used, there is a chance the player will lose it. This chance increases with repeated usage. Once an item has been lost, it is then available to be randomly found by someone else.

Scrying Items
Anyone with one or more of these items can scry a player each night. What results they can get depends on what items they have.
If someone has multiple scrying items, they can use all of them for the same scry, increasing the likelihood of a helpful result, or they can use the items for separate scries, each with more limited possible results.

Bell:The Bellman’s bell allows you to determine if your target is a member of the crew.
Starts the game in the possession of the Bellman, and he can only lose it by dying.

Snark-hunting kit:
" 'You may seek it with thimbles--and seek it with care;
You may hunt it with forks and hope;
You may threaten its life with a railway-share;
You may charm it with smiles and soap--' "
Comprising a thimble, a fork, a railway share and a bar of soap, the Snark-hunting kit allows you to determine whether your target is the Snark or the Boojum.
When the kit should be lost, there is a chance the player will only lose part of it. If the kit is split up, each piece gives a 25% chance of the scry succeeding.
Starts the game in the possession of a randomly chosen crewmember.

Map:
"Other maps are such shapes, with their islands and capes!
But we've got our brave Captain to thank:
(So the crew would protest) "that he's bought us the best--
A perfect and absolute blank!"
This map was originally used for navigation to Snark Island. However, since it is a perfect and absolute blank, it works as a map to anywhere you like. The map can be used to determine whether your target is one of the other animals.

Beaver’s lace:
Though the Barrister tried to appeal to its pride,
And vainly proceeded to cite
A number of cases, in which making laces
Had been proved an infringement of right.
The Beaver’s lace, though not much help in the search for a snark, can be used to determine a role which your target is not. This role will be randomly chosen from all the other roles still alive at the time the lace is used. If the target has been disguised by the Bonnet-maker, the scry will return the target’s correct role.

Other Items
Second-hand dagger-proof coat: Originally acquired due to a misunderstanding to protect him from the Butcher, the Beaver still has this useful garment. If the wearer is targeted for a night kill, they have a 50% chance of survival, after which the coat will be immediately lost. Each time a wearer is successfully killed, the survival chance is halved. There is a chance the coat will be lost by the Beaver if he/she chooses to bane him/herself

Insurance policy: An insurance policy promises compensation for certain types of damage specified in the policy. If its bearer is targeted by an action specified in the policy, they are then permitted to use that same action once, at a time of their choosing (Though if the action is a kill, obviously they have to use it immediately, before they die). The policy is then lost, and when found again it may specify different actions. Two policies are available at the start of the game, and additional ones may appear as a result of the Banker’s void ability.

Blank cheque: A blank cheque can be used once during a day phase to bribe a player to change their point to a different target. If a player has multiple blank cheques they may use more than one at a time. One blank cheque starts in the possession of the Banker, one more is available to be found, and additional ones may appear as a result of his void ability.

Sharpened spade: It is difficult to fathom why the Boots and the Broker felt the need to sharpen this spade, but it serves perfectly well if you need to dig something up.
Each night, the player with the sharpened spade can choose a player who is now dead, and examine them to determine what actions targeted them while they were alive.

Billiard-marker’s chalk: This allows you to imitate the Billiard-marker’s ability, but it’s not guaranteed to work. There are 3 possibilities:
Win (60%) – You take a random number of the items in the target’s possession.
Draw (15%) – Nothing happens
Loss (25%) – You lose a random number of items to the target, including the Billiard-marker’s chalk.
Should you use this ability against the Billiard-marker, you will always lose.
The Billiard-marker may use this item in addition to his ordinary ability. He will always win, but he will lose the chalk afterwards.

Vorpal sword:
One two! One two! And through and through
The vorpal sword went snicker-snack!
A very sharp sword designed to kill the Jabberwock. While a player holds this item, their night actions will always succeed and cannot be blocked, their points will ignore day-baning, and negate the Jabberwock’s rampage ability.
Additionally their points will count triple if they point at the Jabberwock.
The Vorpal sword also grants a single night kill, but once it is used, the sword will be immediately lost.
Once the Jabberwock is dead, the Vorpal sword is removed from play.
In light of lower signups than I was hoping for, a couple of things have been removed. They are now struck through.
The narrator reserves the right to change these rules as he sees fit, for balance, or just because he feels the game isn't confusing enough.

Recruitment is now closed. Game begins here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7616143#post7616143).
And ends here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7815388#post7815388).

Player list:
{table=head]Name|Death|Role
Robert Blackletter|Lynched Day 1|Jabberwock
Mustiado|Killed Night 1|Passenger
The Bookworm|Lynched Day 2|Passenger
smuchmuch|Lynched Day 3|Boots
FujinAkari|Auto'd Day 3|Passenger
Incorporeal|Lynched Day 4|Passenger
Aemoh|Killed Night 4|Bellman
Sanity702|Lynched Day 5|Passenger
BishFish|Auto'd Day 5|Passenger
Oddity|Auto'd Day 5|Passenger
Murska|Killed Night 5|Passenger
YimmytheSneak|???? Night 5|Broker
EagleWiz|Lynched Day 6|Banker
Shadowcaller|Killed Night 6|Barrister
cd4|Lynched Day 7|Passenger
TehSheen|Killed Night 7|Billiard Marker
The Bushranger|Lynched Day 8|Bonnet-Maker
Paul Muad'dib|Killed Night 8|Butcher
Opeth_Freak||Passenger
Random_person||Baker
Zar Peter||Beaver
billtodamax||Bandersnatch
Fleeing Coward||Jub-Jub
Lizard Lord||Boojum[/table]

billtodamax
2009-12-22, 07:39 PM
Sign me up!

Murska
2009-12-22, 07:46 PM
I'm in this one aswell.

Oddity
2009-12-22, 08:00 PM
INNNseeess

Wizibirb
2009-12-22, 08:17 PM
In says I,

Opeth_Freak
2009-12-22, 08:37 PM
Sounds fun, sign me in.

The Bookworm
2009-12-22, 08:47 PM
I'm in as either a player or a co-narrator.

Aemoh
2009-12-22, 11:07 PM
In, says I.

Fortuna
2009-12-23, 01:36 AM
They joined in with muffins, they joined in with ice--
They joined in with mustard and cress--
They joined in with jam and judicious advice--
They joined with conundrums to guess.

Where they means I.

Robert Blackletter
2009-12-23, 03:40 AM
Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Thufir
2009-12-23, 06:04 AM
They joined in with muffins, they joined in with ice--
They joined in with mustard and cress--
They joined in with jam and judicious advice--
They joined with conundrums to guess.

Where they means I.

Hey. Winning before the game starts is a tad unfair on the others...

@Bookworm: I'd rather have as many players as possible than a co-narrator. Besides, you still have a Thursday Next game to write the closing narration for! (It's only 2 months and a week late or thereabouts...)

Zar Peter
2009-12-23, 06:20 AM
Ah yes, sing me up!

BishFish
2009-12-23, 07:39 AM
ah, the weirdest poem ever... IN!

Shadowcaller
2009-12-23, 07:56 AM
I'm signing up.

Fortuna
2009-12-23, 01:07 PM
Hey. Winning before the game starts is a tad unfair on the others...

Can I sig that?

Mustiado
2009-12-23, 01:20 PM
I'll participate.

EagleWiz
2009-12-23, 01:35 PM
Count me in

Thufir
2009-12-23, 03:31 PM
Can I sig that?

Feel free.

Fleeing Coward
2009-12-23, 06:52 PM
Count me in

Incorporeal
2009-12-24, 06:35 PM
In please?

Unless extensive rhyming is a requirement. :smalltongue:

Fortuna
2009-12-25, 03:34 AM
I reckon that you should change the recruitment rhyme, Thufir. Something like

"'Just the place for a Snark,' the Playgrounders cried,
As they landed with infinite care,
Supporting their friends on the top of the tide,
With a finger entwined in their hair.

"Just the place for a Snark, we have now said it twice,
'Bout this antediluvian game.
Just the place for a Snark; having now said it thrice,
It is certain in all things but name."

Would sit much better with me. Entirely your choice, of course.

FujinAkari
2009-12-25, 08:38 PM
I say it once, I'll say it twice, what? Now once again?
How many times must it be said, I wish to be counted in!
Against the snark and his stark park of beasts and blasted kin
I'll take that blade, of vorpal staid, and slice from eye to shin.

Edit @ Random: No, His poem is much better X_x

Fortuna
2009-12-26, 02:18 AM
Eh, whatever.

cd4
2009-12-27, 09:26 AM
I think I will join though I have a few questions about the items.

How do we get the items?
Will we know who has items?
Can the wolves have the items?
With the Vorpal Sword, must the person with the sword be voting to lynch the Jabberwock to stop the rampage?

Thufir
2009-12-27, 02:29 PM
How do we get the items?
If you find an item, I will PM you to say you found it.

Will we know who has items?
The Broker's ability reveals what items a player has. Otherwise you only know what items you have.

Can the wolves have the items?
Yes.

With the Vorpal Sword, must the person with the sword be voting to lynch the Jabberwock to stop the rampage?
Yes.

billtodamax
2009-12-27, 09:21 PM
Sorry for rushing off like this again, but I'll be away until Friday. It probably won't put me in danger of autolynch in any of the games I'm in, but just in case, there's this.

smuchmuch
2009-12-28, 05:48 AM
In the crew there was this man
who hadf a thin mustache and a tan
He was a nice man, but he really couldn't rhyme
And his poems kept growing more and more out of time

Eventualy in the middle of a dark stormy night
They looked, he was nowhere in sight
What they found of him latter wouldn't fill a tin.
His last words where: "I'm in"

Lizard Lord
2009-12-29, 01:17 AM
I would like to join this.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-12-29, 11:36 AM
In! ...Please?

YimmytheSneak
2009-12-29, 12:22 PM
Sign me up Cap'n.

The Bushranger
2009-12-29, 12:42 PM
Most decidedly in!

Thufir
2010-01-02, 02:26 PM
In light of lower signups than I was hoping for, a few bits of the rules will not be used:
The other animals (And therefore the Map) will be removed, as will the Snark (Though we still have the Boojum, which may be referred to as a Snark)

Edit: Furthermore, the scrying ability of the Bell will only identify crewmembers, not passengers, and it may not work 100% of the time.
Other abilities may also be given chances of failing.

Any more last-minute signups before I start determining roles?

TehSheen
2010-01-02, 03:26 PM
I'm joining!!!

Thufir
2010-01-02, 06:57 PM
Right. Recruitment is now closed, though autolynch replacements will be accepted.
Role PMs will be sent shortly, and then I'll post the opening narration for the game.

Edit: Role PMs have been sent. Apologies for the fact I was too lazy to make them poetical.

Thufir
2010-01-02, 08:11 PM
“What nonsense!” I cried, and did further deride
The letter’s ridiculous claim.
“For how could it be that the Snark could be me,
When you all know my face and my name?”

“It is strange what you say,” said the Beaver, “For now,
I cannot quite recall who you are.
Though I’m sure I once knew, and I’m certain the crew
Will remind me what friendship I mar.”

But the crew they stood silent, their memories gone,
By some evil trick of that isle.
Suspicions aroused, arms they took, drove me out,
Like a mob of the witch-hunting style.

Thus did I leave them, but heard from afar,
The confusion and panic they made,
When they found they knew none but themselves, everyone
Was afeared that their minds so betrayed.

And so it began, that paranoid dance
Of suspicion, of malice, and death.
For each day I saw they would pick out one more,
And by sunset there’d be one less breath.

Summary: Thufir ran away from the mob. He was the Narrator.
Day 1 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.

Murska
2010-01-02, 08:14 PM
Bushranger.

The Bushranger
2010-01-02, 10:40 PM
Oho, what have we here, I said
Our memories seem to be gone
Perhaps there might be some way to recall
By bell or by book or by song

But until then I fear we have no choice
But to play by the rules thus empowered
One of us may be the Snark and therefore I hark
And I point at the Fleeing Coward.

Incorporeal
2010-01-03, 12:00 AM
It appears that right now I am required to rhyme
But at this point I have not the time
So instead I present a point which is not at all firm
At the person who is named The Bookworm.

billtodamax
2010-01-03, 01:09 AM
...Uh.

Hm...

Dammit! Incorporeal doesn't rhyme with anything!

Wizibirb
2010-01-03, 01:45 AM
Grabs a second of internet billtodamax

Aemoh
2010-01-03, 01:45 AM
*points at Sanity702*

EDIT: Scratch that. Point at Sanity for Ninja'ing me :smalltongue:

Oddity
2010-01-03, 03:16 AM
Aemoh.
Oddity eessss GONE!

Fortuna
2010-01-03, 03:39 AM
While a brilliant artist he most surely was
Still smuchmuch was targeted soon
In spite of his avatar's erstwhile fuzz
His silence would be quite a boon.

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-03, 03:48 AM
Standard day 1 point at Murska.

Zar Peter
2010-01-03, 05:34 AM
The question is to point at one
who deserves in the first night to be gone
In darkest night
when no moon is alight
smuchsmuch was the name my mind was driven on.

cd4
2010-01-03, 09:04 AM
As I am not much of a poet I will just point above me Zar Peter

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-03, 10:59 AM
Point at Murska.

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-03, 11:09 AM
Aemoh.Random point

smuchmuch
2010-01-03, 11:17 AM
Trying to bandwagon me on a first day ?
Can't think of a reason for such an "honnor"
That's why, please see here no foul play,
for survival, I'll point back at you, Zar Peter

Shadowcaller
2010-01-03, 12:52 PM
Aemoh is the guy!

BishFish
2010-01-03, 01:01 PM
The Bookworm!!!!

YimmytheSneak
2010-01-03, 01:09 PM
Oddity he's without points so far I think..

Mustiado
2010-01-03, 02:37 PM
Robert Blackletter. I hate white text.

The Bookworm
2010-01-03, 07:08 PM
Zar Peter was one
member of the class known as
Aristocracy
What is that you say?
'Tis all invalid nonsense!
Haiku: Real poem form!

Lizard Lord
2010-01-03, 11:22 PM
Zar Peter

I am not a poet and I know it.

FujinAkari
2010-01-04, 12:50 AM
Robert Blackletter. White text should really serve a purpose, not just create more work for us to read your post.

Zar Peter
2010-01-04, 02:49 AM
Why do I get lynched in the first days so often recently? :smalleek:
And that's because I tried to rhyme? Well, change point to Robert Blackletter to save myself hopefully.

billtodamax
2010-01-04, 04:31 AM
Weee! Changing to Zar Peter. Robert Blackletter.

It's gonna be a lot harder to rhyme with Blackletter... fetter? Netter? Jet-setter?

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-04, 07:31 AM
me 4
zar peter 4

So to protect my self I am voting zar peter making him 5 me 4

TehSheen
2010-01-04, 03:57 PM
Robert Blackletter.

Murska
2010-01-04, 06:54 PM
Since I was asked, although not very nicely...

Robert Blackletter.

Thufir
2010-01-04, 08:32 PM
Fit the First

The first day, with nothing to guide them through fear,
They looked round for something to mark;
But since none of their memories did yet reappear,
They knew not how to find them a Snark.

For but one had a thimble to seek it with care;
He alone had the forks and the hope;
He kept to himself his railway share;
And also his Snark-hunting soap.

Said one “I’ve a notion,” one more “Is it you?”
“But how are we ever to know?”
“With nothing to guide us, what are we to do?”
And the foolishness started to show.

One spoke in haiku, some in improvised verse,
For the feel of the isle took a hold;
And while some were good, some were somewhat worse,
With the meter and rhythm becoming somewhat questionable – or so I’m told.

They pointed at random, they pointed unthinking;
They accused for laughs and rhyme;
They threatened for things as suspicious as blinking;
They lynched to pass the time.

With nary a word, two targets arose,
For revenge and for frustrating speech.
And as they did fight for who’d live through the night,
I saw it all there on the beach:

’Twas brillig and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe,
All mimsy were the borogroves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

These creatures took no part in this,
But I thought it best to set the scene
(Of course the events they all did miss,
But the feeling’s what I mean).

For Robert Blackletter stood aback,
His eyes aflame with upsettling calm,
Until to six the crowd did stack,
Then raised his huge right arm.

For lo! He was the Jabberwock!
With jaws that bite and claws that catch;
The crewmen feared he’d run amok,
But stood fast at the hatch.

One two! Three four! And five, and six,
The crowd did cautiously attack.
And though they’ve injuries to fix,
They’ll live to take him back.

And thus they slew the Jabberwock!
With beamish smiles they danced around;
As sunset chimed upon the clock,
Their joy did still abound.

’Twas evening and the animals
With many a sound unnerving still
Did dull the celebrating calls,
As the whiffling winds did chill.

Summary: Robert Blackletter was lynched. He was the Jabberwock.
Night 1 Begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours. Send all night actions to me.

BishFish
2010-01-04, 08:55 PM
wooo!!!! lucky!

The Jabberwock:
‘Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!’
This flaming-eyed beast is exceedingly strong and dangerous, and can scare off almost anything. It’s also very hard to kill.
Each night the Jabberwock chooses a player. All other night actions targeting that player will fail.
Rampage: The Jabberwock can only be guaranteeably lynched by 25% or more of the remaining players (Though the 25% rule does not otherwise apply). If the Jabberwock would be lynched by less than 25%, either the lynch fails and the next target is lynched, or the Jabberwock is lynched, but goes on a rampage, killing a random number of the people who pointed at it.
Both of the Jabberwock’s abilities are negated by the Vorpal sword

The Bookworm
2010-01-04, 09:44 PM
Fortune shines on us
For once, day one turns out well
Beware, now night falls... :smalleek:

Incorporeal
2010-01-05, 12:26 AM
It seems most prudent to respond in verse
But yet again, I am too very terse
For the events of the day were so astonishing as
Like those before me, I fear the stores the future has.

Also, I thought the Vorpal Sword was removed?

Mustiado
2010-01-05, 08:13 AM
I'm totally claiming responsibility for this. For I am the most awesome hunter of the Jabberwock ever. :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2010-01-05, 05:56 PM
One rules point I just noticed and am changing: The Baker's tracker ability will not reveal what actions were taken, only who they targeted.

Get those night actions in people!

Thufir
2010-01-05, 09:06 PM
That night, the antagonised creatures struck,
In the hours ’twixt dusk and dawn.
And one poor passenger, out of luck,
Was dead before the morn.

The rest felt they’d all had such tiring days,
And they slumbered through all of his cries,
While the crew were engaged in their various ways
In ensuring the Snark’s demise.

In absentia at breakfast they noticed him not,
’Til the heroes were offered more food.
The six were but five, for one was not alive,
He was gone where he’d do no more good.

They searched through the camp with their glances and shouts,
And throughout the ship voiced their concern;
Yet he did not reply, for when one does die,
For the most part, one does not return.

To the edge of the forest they took out their search,
To the edge of the undergrowth dark.
There they found he was dead, with no life in his head,
For it’s hard to stand up to a Snark.

There’s a grave marked ‘Mustiado, the Jabberwock’s bane’
Daily washed by the high tidal foam;
For the champion who had that monstrosity slain
Would never again return home.

Summary: Mustiado was killed. He was a Passenger.
Day 2 Begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.
EagleWiz is at risk of autolynch.

Mustiado
2010-01-05, 11:42 PM
Rofl. I love it when that happens. :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2010-01-06, 04:45 PM
One day has passed and no votes in?
Come on let's vote, here is a bin!
write down and choose
Or your live you'll lose
And the creatures of Snark Island will win.

Point at The Bookworm* because I've never found a sense in Haikus.

* point to be changed if a better target is available

billtodamax
2010-01-06, 04:48 PM
Oddity until anyone does some analysis.

Thufir
2010-01-06, 05:34 PM
I've never found a sense in Haikus.

Haikus are easy,
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-06, 05:37 PM
billtodamax until someone is foolish enough to do analysis based on 1 day's votes.

Aemoh
2010-01-06, 07:14 PM
*points at Fleeing Coward*

For being the person above.

TehSheen
2010-01-06, 07:32 PM
Point at Oddity to begin a random bandwagon.

The Bushranger
2010-01-06, 08:11 PM
For today I'll take a peek
And point at this fellow named YimmytheSneak
For every day things will grow harder
I fear, my friends, we are surrounded by Snark-infested waters.

Wizibirb
2010-01-06, 08:16 PM
Thufir because I hate refrigerators.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-06, 09:01 PM
Sanity702 because of Refrigerator!

Zar Peter
2010-01-07, 01:50 AM
Thufir because I hate refrigerators.

Actually I think you should reconsider your point at the narrator:smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-01-07, 02:25 AM
Oh I know I pointed at the narrator :smallbiggrin: do not fret my friend I plan to eventually correct that, :smalltongue:

sigh might as well do it now I had my fun, Paul Muad'dib for mentioning refrigerators

BishFish
2010-01-07, 05:27 PM
incorporeal because how can we hang him if he's incorporeal?

Murska
2010-01-07, 05:52 PM
The Bookworm, for nobody has appeared to save Oddity yet. Thus I'd guess he ain't a wolf.

Fortuna
2010-01-07, 06:48 PM
There once was a lady of Quirm
Whose grip was unusually firm...

Oops. Um. Er.

Just pretend that I made an awesome poem about pointing at the Bookworm, OK?

billtodamax
2010-01-07, 07:42 PM
There once was a lady of Quirm
Whose grip was unusually firm...

Oops. Um. Er.

Just pretend that I made an awesome poem about pointing at the Bookworm, OK?

Last Hero reference, right?

*high-fives*

smuchmuch
2010-01-07, 08:12 PM
Usualy I'd try to rhyme
but I'm growin out of time
and my writtin just worsen
I'll just blame Random person

EagleWiz
2010-01-07, 09:11 PM
Random person it is

Thufir
2010-01-07, 09:43 PM
Since a fair number of people haven't voted yet, I'll take this opportunity to extend the day about 12 hours or so, so I don't have to keep writing narrations late at night when I should be sleeping.

Lizard Lord
2010-01-07, 10:16 PM
Random point at a random person.

Fortuna
2010-01-07, 10:37 PM
Random point? We now have three people pointing at me, the person who brought the Bookworm bandwagon into clear majority over the Oddity bandwagon?

Does anyone else feel like there's something going on here?

Lizard Lord
2010-01-08, 06:09 AM
Random point? We now have three people pointing at me, the person who brought the Bookworm bandwagon into clear majority over the Oddity bandwagon?

Does anyone else feel like there's something going on here?

Okay so my point was less random and more for the joke. It is only day two. There is not much to go on.

cd4
2010-01-08, 06:17 AM
I think I will balance the wagons. With 3 votes for random person, 3 votes for Bookworm and only 2 votes for Oddity I will point at Oddity

Thufir
2010-01-08, 09:47 AM
Fit the Second

At Oddity first they directed their ire,
Though much was still spread around,
With some even for me, for it seems Sanity
Of my haiku did not like the sound.

A literary passenger, lover of books,
Of poetry, prose and all,
Of legends fantastic and histories drastic,
And all kinds of tales so tall.

He felt things were worse now than back in the past,
That greatness was not of this day;
Hence did he propose that the lynchee be chose
In an antediluvian way.

“What is that?” cried the others, perplexed at the use
Of that word, which describes itself;
“What’s the meaning of ‘antediluvian’?” “Deuce!”
“Took you never a book off the shelf?”

This superior attitude liked the rest not,
To their rage gave another dimension;
“Well, I may condescend-” but then he reached the end –
Of his life, but not this condescension.

For a word he was strung up and hanged in a noose,
For a word he was hanged and then hung.
When his life was extinguished they cut the rope loose,
And saw what it was they had done.

No predator he, no Jub-Jub or Boojum,
No Bandersnatch waiting to leap,
But simply a harmless, defenceless young bookworm,
Whose memory ever I keep.

Summary: The Bookworm was lynched. He was a Passenger.
Night 2 begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours.

Incorporeal
2010-01-08, 02:37 PM
Sorry I was caught up in playing Phoenix Wright.

I am unable to create a rhyme at this time.

smuchmuch
2010-01-08, 03:35 PM
*Read with utermost admiration
*Claps hands at the narration*

The Bookworm
2010-01-08, 06:06 PM
You killed me, you fools!
I was enjoying this game...
Now I am dead, gone.

Thufir
2010-01-08, 08:24 PM
You killed me, you fools!
I was enjoying this game...
Now I am dead, gone.

Look on the bright side: the more games you die in, the more free time you have to write that ending narration for Thursday Next...
You know, the one we've been waiting for for almost 3 months...

Thufir
2010-01-09, 10:49 AM
:smallsigh: I have less than half of the night actions sent in, and I know people have been online. Night is extended since it's still early in the game and I have to revise for exams next week.
Sending out reminder PMs to those who haven't sent me their actions.

The Bookworm
2010-01-09, 11:40 AM
Look on the bright side: the more games you die in, the more free time you have to write that ending narration for Thursday Next...
You know, the one we've been waiting for for almost 3 months...
I might get around
To that narration someday
Just keep on waiting...

Thufir
2010-01-10, 10:33 AM
There was one of the group very thoughtful, and he
Was concerned at the fear all around.
For the island to scout, he took a boat out,
To see what was there to be found.

On that boat fixed the eyes of the predators wild,
And hatched them a devilish scheme:
By some means unknown, that poor boat would be thrown,
And the boatman would ne’er more be seen.

Through unnatural powers the boat was then tossed
On so powerful and fearsome a wave,
That the crowd standing watch thought that all must be lost,
And that nothing their fellow could save.

Yet through all the foam as the loud waters broke
That poor boat flew and fell, but kept on;
While the rest stood amazed, until one of them spoke,
“But why is the boat not yet gone?”

So as he came in once again to the beach,
And returned to the main ship to dry,
All the passengers and crew, and the predators too,
Could do nothing but watch him go by.

They could think of naught else as they joined him on deck,
This man who they thought should have died;
They asked him what he thought had saved him from wreck:
“Why, surely the Beaver!” he cried.

That kind little Beaver, to the Bellman so true,
Had saved the young man from his fate.
Though how he had done it, not one of them knew –
And not one of them knows to this date.

Summary: Someone was attacked, but they were saved by the Beaver.
Day 3 Begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.

FujinAkari, Shadowcaller and YimmyThe Sneak are at risk of autolynch.

Fortuna
2010-01-10, 03:54 PM
Though smuchmuch's poetry survived a few days
To all poetry critics' chagrin
Still there was an attempt, in circuitous ways
To once and for all do him in

YimmytheSneak
2010-01-10, 10:13 PM
Random Person because I can't figure out what he has against Smuch

Lizard Lord
2010-01-10, 10:36 PM
YimmytheSneak

I think Random Person was just sticking to his name with a random vote. There is nothing in RP's poem that suggests he has evidence against Smuch. It suggests some sort of vendetta perhaps, yet RP did not start voting for Smuch until now. If he truly had it out for Smuch he would have voted for him earlier.

The Bushranger
2010-01-10, 11:57 PM
Once he stood there above me
And I fancied he carried a sword
I had no other choice than to trust the voice
Telling me to point at Lizard Lord.

billtodamax
2010-01-11, 12:45 AM
The Bushranger

Zar Peter
2010-01-11, 01:34 AM
All hail the beaver
He saved our day
And for the rhyme I should point at Griever
But I go with smuchsmuch instead if I may.

Why? Because he was the only one who didn't react on my PM day 1.

Fortuna
2010-01-11, 02:51 AM
I have nothing in particular against smuchmuch. Except that his joining poem was bad. Grrr.

Oddity
2010-01-11, 03:56 AM
Zar Peter... I want one of them fancy PM's

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-11, 04:47 AM
Well, why would Zar Peter want to kill smuchmuch for not answering a pm?

Zar Peter
2010-01-11, 06:18 AM
Well, why would Zar Peter want to kill smuchmuch for not answering a pm?

Well, I didn't wanted to die at day 1 and send PMs to people hinting that it may be better for the villagers not to kill me. I also told them to switch their point to Robert Blackletter. I didn't know that he was the Jabberwock but it was a pretty lucky coincidence. Anyway, I think that one of the people who got my PM could be a wolf and the only one who didn't react was smuchsmuch.

Oh, and I know who got attacked today. You have three guesses :smallwink:

Shadowcaller
2010-01-11, 06:45 AM
Random point at Fleeing Coward.

smuchmuch
2010-01-11, 07:19 AM
Well, I didn't wanted to die at day 1 and send PMs to people hinting that it may be better for the villagers not to kill me. I also told them to switch their point to Robert Blackletter. I didn't know that he was the Jabberwock but it was a pretty lucky coincidence. Anyway, I think that one of the people who got my PM could be a wolf and the only one who didn't react was smuchsmuch.

Oh, and I know who got attacked today. You have three guesses :smallwink:

I din't react to your PM because last time someone send me a PM like that not to be lynched on day one, I'm a power role and yada yada yada, I accpeted and Fleing coward, for it was him, turned out to be a wolf two turn, later and the change of vote at day one made look horribly suspicious and almost got me lynched in turn.

With all respect due,
I didn't react because I didn't trust you
and now that you imply you are the banner
I still don't. Zar Peter

But I'll pont at Lizard lord instead.

Aemoh
2010-01-11, 09:57 AM
*points at Oddity*

Just a quick random point.

BishFish
2010-01-11, 05:23 PM
smuch much

TehSheen
2010-01-11, 07:29 PM
Bishfish for TPAM.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-11, 09:32 PM
TehSheen for no reason.

billtodamax
2010-01-11, 09:35 PM
smuchmuch.

Thufir
2010-01-12, 11:36 AM
Fit the Third

Now smuchmuch’s poetry came under suspicion,
And also the way that he stared –
With a look so intent, they knew not what it meant,
But the easily worried it scared.

For why would he take such an interest? They asked,
And an answer could none of them find,
Unless it was he who would with so much glee
Lead on with their deaths close behind.

It must be, it must be, oh the Bandersnatch he,
Or the Jub-Jub or Boojum, who knows?
So the frantic mob cried, until one of them died,
Of excitement and fear in the throes.

And thus was sparked off the so fearful rage
Of the paranoid crowd gathered there;
For ’ere I’d a chance to finish this page,
His life was no more in his care.

Though loud he protested and with all contested
His right to remain in this life,
The mob would not hear him, and all who were near him
Did curse him for causing this strife.

But a tragedy this, for they found on his death,
He was not what they’d thought him to be;
For revealed they knew he was one of the crew –
The Boots so meticulous he.

Summary: smuchmuch was lynched. He was the Boots.
FujinAkari was autolynched. She was a Passenger.
Night 3 begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours.

Fortuna
2010-01-12, 01:48 PM
Huh. That's really funny. Has anyone else heard of the conspiracy theory around the Boots? We might have done ourselves a favor.

Thufir
2010-01-12, 05:58 PM
Huh. That's really funny. Has anyone else heard of the conspiracy theory around the Boots? We might have done ourselves a favor.

I've read about it on wikipedia. I think it's all a load of rubbish, personally.

The Bookworm
2010-01-12, 06:39 PM
Nonsense! Boots is a
Normal member of the crew!
Boots is not a boo-

Thufir
2010-01-13, 03:01 PM
They were all so downhearted that evening that most -
Though not all, for a few kept up work –
To the Boots drank a toast, as they looked down the coast,
And all of their duties did shirk.

Around they all sat, to each other did chat,
And forgot all the things they could do;
And even the predators’ kill – even that –
Was left, for they all felt so blue.

Why those creatures should share in our feelings, who knows?
But it’s true that they did not attack;
And so for that night, the sounds stayed peaceful quite,
For of screaming there was a great lack.

Of these quiet few hours, I cannot say much,
For there is little or nothing to say.
Nothing of note did I feel should be wrote,
And so we proceed to next day.

Summary: Very little happened, because people didn't send in their night actions. :smallmad:
Day 4 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.
cd4, EagleWiz, Incorporeal, Murska, and Sanity702 are at risk of autolynch.

Wizibirb
2010-01-13, 04:33 PM
forgetful I am
Cd4 to avoid auto lynch,
Repentance I must pay

The Bookworm
2010-01-13, 05:12 PM
I am fairly sure
That the line count five-nine-six
Makes not a haiku

Zar Peter
2010-01-13, 05:17 PM
With Haikus I always get this problem
I don't know how to make them
is there a sense?
is there a tense?
often they don't even rhyme, goddam.

Wizibirb
2010-01-13, 07:57 PM
Yea I was always bad at poetry especially Hiakus :smallfrown::smallfrown:

Aemoh
2010-01-13, 10:38 PM
Haiku not off' rhyme
I think it really ought to
Agree Sanity?

Incorporeal
2010-01-14, 12:31 AM
Without guidance
I turned to pie dance
And the pie pointed at Lizard Lord.

cd4
2010-01-14, 05:57 AM
I'll do a retalitatory point at Sanity

billtodamax
2010-01-14, 06:03 AM
cd4 because I don't need any filler if I write this out.

Lizard Lord
2010-01-14, 06:10 AM
Incorporeal because I am not sure if he was aiming for a haiku or not. It doesn't rhyme and it has three lines, but the number of syllables is just too far off. Maybe he wasn't trying to make a poem, like me, but the three paragraphs still throw me.

The Bushranger
2010-01-14, 01:33 PM
Incorporeal 'cause I'm too sleepy to think otherwise or to rhyme
This time.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-14, 02:46 PM
Incorporeal because I have no clue what's going on.

Zar Peter
2010-01-14, 03:19 PM
The activity of the predators is not on a peak
And one of the main suspects is even Incorporeal
I also suspect the one called Yimmythesneak
But the fate of the other one my point should seal

Fortuna
2010-01-14, 04:06 PM
Though the island's small climate is beautifully hot
The wind is most certainly boreal
While I might be complaining (currently I'm not)
Still I'll target someone Incorporeal.

I won't shift this wagon, so I might as well be on it, for good or ill. And I get to make nonsense poetry!

Incorporeal
2010-01-14, 05:18 PM
It wasn't a haiku. Also, wait what?

And as for activity, I was jub-jub'd night before last, which ends today.

I find this sudden wagon suspicious, the same way I found smuchmuch's wagon suspicious.

Editduetoparanoiaofthreepostrule:@V: Logic behind my point: I thought that lizard lord was somewhat suspicious during last day, so lacking any better ideas, I pointed at him. The fact that suddenly everyone's pointing at me seems to reinforce my suspicions, and as for activity, as I've already mentioned, I was targeted by the Jub-jub bird.

Coincidentally, doesn't it seem strange that the people who are pointing at me are also the people who pointed at smuchmuch?

BishFish
2010-01-14, 05:20 PM
no one has voted with any logic.... It is day 4...

Zar Peter
2010-01-14, 05:30 PM
Logic behind my point: No one send in the kill tonight: Predators not very active. Point at autolynch candidates. Predators may not be very experienced: Point at unexperienced autolynch candidates. I'm sorry Incorporeal but you are on top of my completely logically sorted list... which can be of course complete rubbish, too.

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-14, 07:44 PM
Incorporeal makes sense I guess

TehSheen
2010-01-14, 08:18 PM
Incorporeal, and I suck at rhyming. Sue me.

Incorporeal
2010-01-14, 09:40 PM
As suspicious as it might seem, I'm a passenger. I'm willing to be lynched to prove that.

However, if I'm lynched, I request that a trained eye be cast at the events of today...

EagleWiz
2010-01-14, 10:33 PM
Sanity, because I don't want that trained evil? eye looking at me from beyond the grave

Murska
2010-01-14, 10:34 PM
Sanity, because I don't want that trained evil? eye looking at me from beyond the grave

*stares at Eaglewiz*

Lizard Lord
2010-01-14, 10:52 PM
Huh. Honestly didn't expect a bandwagon to pop out of my nonsense post. I will remove my vote and ask Paul and Bushranger this? Was your vote meaningless nonsense, like mine, or did you have reason to vote. I suspect you will say it was the former, but thought I should ask.

Zar Peter
2010-01-15, 01:35 AM
change to sanity

He's on the autolynch list, too, Pointed at first with a remark that he is forgetful and Incorporeals reaction on my post didn't sound wolfish enough.

Fortuna
2010-01-15, 03:09 AM
Wow. The wagon shifted.

Y'know what? I won't have any impact anyway. Zar Peter.

Shadowcaller
2010-01-15, 11:51 AM
EagleWiz for now.

Thufir
2010-01-15, 05:39 PM
Fit the Fourth

The fourth day a great many haikus were penned,
Though some got the syllables wrong,
And some did not bother, for they saw no good end
In poetry, saga or song.

That’s not to say they were not cultured, I add;
(Such aspersion would be somewhat rude)
But with predators prowling, and all the men scowling
They feared cheer would be misconstrued.

Then spoke up the spokesman, “Oh who shall we lynch?
“For we have to choose someone, it seems.
“I can think of no reason, although in a pinch,
“We can always rely on our dreams.”

And a cry came resounding, “A nightmare last night
“Showed to me what I feared the most:
“That among us, dear friends, and a-plotting our ends,
“Incorporeal’s a bloodthirsty ghost!”

“For reflect, he did nothing all day and last night,
“And the twenty four hours before,
“While we found ourselves in such a grim plight,
“How else could he all this ignore?”

“It is not true, compatriots paranoid all!”
So began his defence of his life,
“The Jub-Jub attacked me, and such fear wracked me,
“To paralyse me all through our strife.”

(“Hold men, perhaps he is truthful!”) Zar Peter
In a hasty parenthesis cried;
But the thought came too late, and that man on this date,
On the beach of Snark Island had died.

Summary: Incorporeal was lynched. He was a Passenger.
Night 4 Begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours. Please send in your night actions.

Incorporeal
2010-01-15, 05:47 PM
... didn't quite shift enough.

Good luck to all on my team. :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2010-01-15, 05:58 PM
Somehow I want to know sanitys role now. Is the bellman out there?

Thufir
2010-01-15, 10:09 PM
Night 4 Begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours. Please send in your night actions.

Actually, an adjustment - this night phase will last probably 40-48 hours, as I've just remembered I'll be at a party, and therefore unavailable to resolve all the actions and write the narration until sunday afternoon or evening. Note, that's 40-48 hours from the time the narration was posted, not from now.

Zar Peter
2010-01-16, 05:05 AM
It wasn't a haiku. Also, wait what?

And as for activity, I was jub-jub'd night before last, which ends today.

I find this sudden wagon suspicious, the same way I found smuchmuch's wagon suspicious.

Editduetoparanoiaofthreepostrule:@V: Logic behind my point: I thought that lizard lord was somewhat suspicious during last day, so lacking any better ideas, I pointed at him. The fact that suddenly everyone's pointing at me seems to reinforce my suspicions, and as for activity, as I've already mentioned, I was targeted by the Jub-jub bird.

Coincidentally, doesn't it seem strange that the people who are pointing at me are also the people who pointed at smuchmuch?

Just noticed that: There is no three post rule in the structured game forum. Don't edit in arguments, you may post as often as you like (Just don't do double posts).

Oh, and sorry for new page... READ THUFIRS LAST POST IF YOU HAVE NIGHT ACTIONS!

Incorporeal
2010-01-16, 11:47 AM
Just noticed that: There is no three post rule in the structured game forum. Don't edit in arguments, you may post as often as you like (Just don't do double posts).

Thanks, I was always at a loss as to whether the three-post rule applied in certain places. :smallfrown:

Thufir
2010-01-17, 04:53 PM
Melancholic they were for that evening once more,
But the predators chose not to rest.
And nor did poor Aemoh, who went out his door
With a bundle clutched close to his chest.

He sought for to find out the crew of the ship,
But that night he found nothing but fear;
The Jub-Jub said, “Boo!” and the Bandersnatch too,
So that only poor Aemoh would hear.

For the rest stayed indoors on that dark stormy night,
And many kept company well;
’Til roused from their drinking, they set out, a-thinking
They’d heard the faint sound of a bell.

As the party grew nearer there was no more doubt:
A bell rang out clear, shrill and true;
But they were already late by the time they set out,
And the peals did not much renew.

They came upon Aemoh, a-lying all dead
And on seeing him were rather downhearted.
His eyes blank and glazed and his aspect quite dazed
And his soul with the dearly departed.

Yet perhaps ’twas worse still, for some memories returned
And they thought they remembered his rank:
The Bellman so brave, both Captain and Knave,
He whose expertise all had to thank.

“’Tis the corpse of the Bellman! I’ve stated it once,
“As our Captain himself would have said,
“’Tis the corpse of the Bellman! Now twice, for the nonce,
“But I cannot believe that he’s dead.”

“I cannot repeat it, the thought is too great,
“How I wish it were other than this.
“For now he is gone who shall take up the weight?
“Oh how dearly our friend we shall miss.”

“But I cannot abandon my logic!” he said,
“Just before all the arguments meet.
“’Tis the corpse of the Bellman! A third time – he’s dead!
“The terrible proof is complete.”

Summary: Aemoh was killed. He was the Bellman.
Day 5 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.

Aemoh
2010-01-17, 05:12 PM
*grumbles*

G'luck all.

EDIT: Also, I rather like my death scene :smallamused:

TehSheen
2010-01-17, 07:40 PM
I point at Sanity to start the day.

Wizibirb
2010-01-17, 08:40 PM
retaliation at tehsheen

billtodamax
2010-01-17, 08:55 PM
Sanity for ZP's reasoning.

Murska
2010-01-17, 09:07 PM
Sanity to make it into a wagon.

EagleWiz
2010-01-17, 10:40 PM
Sanity to make it a larger wagon

Wizibirb
2010-01-17, 10:51 PM
Oh I am going to laugh when I die, because it will be the third game I am lynched for no reason in.

Murska
2010-01-17, 10:56 PM
That's how it usually goes. 90% of lynches happen with no or inadequate reasons.

Wizibirb
2010-01-17, 11:19 PM
oh well *kicks feat back up and enjoys a bag of popcorn*

EDIT: Yimmythesneak cause of what Zar peter said

Fortuna
2010-01-18, 01:17 AM
Though I've spoken of temperate and tropical
Still the wind sometimes makes this place bleak
And though I may henceforth be thought of as small
still I'll vote to lynch Yimmythesneak.

The Bushranger
2010-01-18, 01:40 AM
There seems to me to be a drive
To run someone over with a wagon
I don't see any choice but to help stay alive
By helping with Sanity's draggin'.

Zar Peter
2010-01-18, 02:12 AM
Attention attention!

This sanity wagon grew far too fast for my taste.
But I fear my vote is too weak
In fact it would be a waste
because this night I was attacked by yimmythesneak

Don't point at sanity, point at yimmythesneak instead.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-18, 10:09 AM
Yimmythesneak then, I guess.

YimmytheSneak
2010-01-18, 12:28 PM
Well I'm naturally nervous about people who "make lists" because it seems to give them this power over a certain following that gives them good cause to follow that person blindly. This very action is what we use to find our killers, my fellow Sailors. So why give Zar Peter the wheel and get steered into these lynches? I can tell you that I'm not one of the creatures you're looking for. Sanity because it's my counterwagon, although we have no reason to suspect him rather than Peter's conclusions. Either way consider your Captain after this day.

Zar Peter
2010-01-18, 12:33 PM
Well I'm naturally nervous about people who "make lists" because it seems to give them this power over a certain following that gives them good cause to follow that person blindly. This very action is what we use to find our killers, my fellow Sailors. So why give Zar Peter the wheel and get steered into these lynches? I can tell you that I'm not one of the creatures you're looking for. Sanity because it's my counterwagon, although we have no reason to suspect him rather than Peter's conclusions. Either way consider your Captain after this day.

Well, reason for my point is that I'm in contact with the butcher (or I hope I'm in contact with him/her). I surveyed you this night and you're action was against me. Since you didn't contact me but wrote this post I think I can assume that you are one of the creatures. And my guess goes to bandersnatch.

Thufir
2010-01-19, 07:24 PM
Fit the Fifth

The next day miscarrying lynches they feared
So much more with the loss of the bell;
And two men I recall just did nothing at all,
And they did it incredibly well.

Though a few claimed that Yimmy was naught but the Sneak
And cited his love of catastrophe,
And the fact he took tea at exactly half three,
They could not convince all he was dastardly.

Meanwhile a few others said this was all wrong,
They claimed it was nothing but vanity
“For surely,” they said, “To choose the next dead,
“Snark Island is no place for sanity?”

“This is madness!” said Sanity, and a great hush came down,
For I’m sure that most never would dream,
In a parody of a poem of quite high renown,
You would find an internet meme.

But still, so it was, and a spokesman stepped up
To deliver the standard response
(With one minor change, for the original’s range
Would prohibit its usage this once)

“THIS IS SNARK ISLAND!!!” the spokesperson yelled
As he kicked the poor victim away.
But the inactive two, their position they held
In the path of young Sanity that day.

So all three were cast off the side of the ship,
And not one among them could swim.
So the group oh so furious for reasons so spurious
Went on without him, him or him.

Summary: Sanity702 was lynched. He was a Passenger.
Bishfish and Oddity were autolynched. They were Passengers as well.
Night 5 begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours.

Wizibirb
2010-01-19, 08:24 PM
*does the I told you their was no point to lynch me dance*

Thank you for the wonderful narration I truly enjoyed it.

Zar Peter
2010-01-19, 10:56 PM
I propose that the passengers left look more than once at the thread... without discussing votes this game makes no sense. I know I insisted to lynch sanity the day before but I'm not free of mistakes. Sorry sanity by the way. At least I'm pretty sure about Yimmythesneak now but I'm really sorry I couldn't turn the bandwaggon away.

Oh, and the narrations are wonderful Thufir!

Wizibirb
2010-01-20, 12:21 AM
It's ok Zar Peter I forgive you

Zar Peter
2010-01-20, 01:25 PM
Well, until further investigations I give Yimmy at least the benefit of the doubt. What do you all think of lynching Murska or Eagle Wiz tomorrow? At least I want some discussion before an unbreakable Bandwagon rises (That's what the wolves want: Point without thinking. Therefore I give you two targets).

Murska
2010-01-20, 05:27 PM
I think it's a bad idea.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-20, 09:17 PM
Of course you do, you're one of the possible lynch targets!:smalltongue:

Thufir
2010-01-20, 09:43 PM
The predators sought for a victim that night,
While the crew for survival did pray
But the predators first searched the sea oh-so cursed
For one who had died in the day.

Their confusion was evident simply because
On a boat floated YimmytheSneak,
He saw them a-splashing, and with courage most dashing
Went to save them from this death oh so bleak.

But as out he paddled his boat, why the waves,
Though the sea had been quite still before,
They rose all at once, and though he was no dunce,
Yet he’ll never be seen any more.

Meanwhile on the shore one had called out the men,
And he made a great speech to them there.
Speaking of how each should furl up his brow,
Stamp his foot, and put twirl to his hair.

“For a British tar is a soaring soul,
“As free as a mountain bird!
“His energetic fist should be ready to resist
“A dictatorial word!”

But the predators came up behind him, unseen,
For their minds by his words were so led,
And his silence belay what they feared to say:
That the silver-tongued Murska was dead.

The crowd was enraged, and they leapt up as one,
To seize on those murderers foul,
But they fled from the chase and were gone without trace
And the crew could do nothing but scowl.

So back down to the sea-shore the tramping group came,
And there Yimmy’s body was found.
“Why, is that?” “It can’t be!” “The Broker?” “The same.”
One more crewmen lay dead on the ground.

Summary: Murska was killed. He was a Passenger.
YimmytheSneak died under mysterious circumstances. He was the Broker.
Day 6 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.

Murska
2010-01-20, 09:59 PM
Told you I didn't like it. Darn wolves should listen to me.

YimmytheSneak
2010-01-20, 11:31 PM
Oh well, I hope Peter believes my story now :smallsmile: Good luck Crew!

Zar Peter
2010-01-21, 07:41 AM
Well, well, Eagle Wiz then I suppose.

It was a long night at work
and my brain is a far far away
so even if you drag me to court
there's no rhyme from me today.

Fortuna
2010-01-21, 01:59 PM
Though an elderly cat
May hiss and may fizz
We now have a kitten
My point: Eagle Wiz

billtodamax
2010-01-21, 02:35 PM
Eagle Wiz.

Lizard Lord
2010-01-21, 04:57 PM
I should point at Zar Peter for lying about not rhyming, but instead I will point at Eagle Wiz.

billtodamax
2010-01-21, 06:47 PM
I'll be away for four days.

It's fairly likely that I'll be able to get a vote in each day, but just in case, don't auto me please.

The Bookworm
2010-01-21, 08:08 PM
This game seems to be
Going extremely badly!
Serves you right, killers.

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-21, 09:39 PM
Why Eagle Wiz? I seriously don't know what Zar Peter is consulting to get his targets.

((Yes I know all about ZP's claims etc but I see no logic behind this wagon and ZP ain't in no danger of getting lynched))

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-21, 09:42 PM
I say Eagle Wiz

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 09:56 PM
Zar Peter since I'm braindead and can't think straight that's how bad it is.

Zar Peter
2010-01-22, 01:29 AM
Why Eagle Wiz? I seriously don't know what Zar Peter is consulting to get his targets.

((Yes I know all about ZP's claims etc but I see no logic behind this wagon and ZP ain't in no danger of getting lynched))

Actually, since there seems to be no one around who tries to think a bit I suspect everyone except me and therefore I point. I can't do anything against people who follow my lead without using their brain. I do use a spreadsheet but I also use stomach feeling as there is one equal to the other in my opinion.

cd4
2010-01-22, 05:09 AM
As I am still recovering from a nasty bug I will just follow the main wagon on EagleWiz

Thufir
2010-01-22, 11:13 PM
Fit the Sixth

Dismayed was Zar Peter at the absence of thought
His companions put into the search;
For they followed him blindly, and then most unkindly
For mistakes did his honour besmirch.

Yet no other target did any put forth,
And no questions they made to his choice,
But just played along, and if he was wrong
Only then their misgivings did voice.

And so onto EagleWiz the bandwagon lighted
For no reason any could see,
And since he did not fight for his loyalty slighted
The motion went through easily.

And so yet one more tragedy piled up on the rest,
For the victim was not what they thought:
He was that most sensible, intelligent, the best
Who cohesion to finances brought.

Indeed, ’twas the Banker, the master of cheques
And insurance ’gainst all kinds of harm,
But yet his own life could not save from the strife
Of the mob who would not remain calm.

Summary: EagleWiz was lynched. He was the Banker.
Night 6 begins now and ends in approximately 29 hours.

Zar Peter
2010-01-23, 11:16 AM
Wow... I've got the feeling I will be positively mentioned by the predators when they win this game :smalleek:

Thufir
2010-01-24, 04:46 AM
The predators prowling presumed to invade
The most private and personal space
Of their victim that night, he was put out quite,
As he in his study did pace.

“This night is your last,” spoke the Snark, as it stood
With a glass in its critical eye,
Dressed in gown, bands and wig went on, “Fighting’s no good,
“I’m afraid that tonight you must die.”

He responded, “No more! I have seen this before,
“In a dream, in which, I know not why,
“Dressed in gown, bands and wig, you defended a pig
“On the charge of deserting its sty.”

“In the dream all your nonsense took over the court,
“Until nothing was done but by you,
“For the jury and judge you persuaded to budge,
“As they didn’t know what they should do.”

“But here in the real world, my most learned friend,
“Such tactics shall never succeed!
“To lawfully attain such a strange legal end,
“You have none of the leverage you need.”

And he summed up his case and sat down in his place,
Knowing no-one would dare to convict -
Based on evidence none, and witness? Not one -
However the jury was picked.

But the Snark played its trump card, checkmated and killed,
Since of game there was more than of court,
And although he was safe from all legal threats billed,
’Gainst attack his chances were naught.

Summary: Shadowcaller was killed. He was the Barrister.
Day 7 begins now and ends in aproximately 48 hours.

Zar Peter
2010-01-24, 11:55 AM
Someone has to begin, ain't it so?

There's one who mentioned this game in another thread
To stab someone in the heart with a Snark
Maybe it was a freudian slip, which is bad
The Bushranger, I point at you with terms stark.

Well, yes that's all my reasons. That and I think he usually is better in this games.

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-24, 12:15 PM
Well since ZP is encouraging thinking rather than blind bandwagoning, I'm going to offer up my suspicions on cd4.

Pointed at ZP on day 1, late last point on day 2. missed day 3 (same night there was no kill), retaliation point day 4, missed day 5 and last minute auto avoiding point day 6.

He might just be inactive but I'm thinking he's trying to fly under the radar here.

The Bushranger
2010-01-24, 02:00 PM
I'm usually better when my computer doesn't try and die halfway through a game distracting me. :smalltongue:

Zar Peter, you pointed at EagleWiz first yesterday. I wonder why?

Zar Peter
2010-01-24, 02:10 PM
Well, he lay low, pointed every other day in the beginning... well, because I actually thought he was a predator. And yes, it was a mistake.

cd4
2010-01-24, 02:44 PM
Okay, lets just mention a few things to help clear my name from Fleeing Coward's idea which was nice in theory.

Day 1 I pointed at Zar Peter because he was the person above me and I had no idea who to choose.
Day 2, I came in after some people had voted because I could not fully analysis 1 day of voting and decided to even the bandwagons and it turned out to be late enough in the day to be the last point.
Day 3, I think that was the day I spent upgrading my computer to a new operating system and trying to get it to talk to the internet, so missed that day.
Day 4, I still didn't have any ideas from analysis so I went against someone who had voted for me as a simple idea.
Day 5, I was so ill that getting out of bed was difficult so I did not do much in the way of voting.
Day 6, The illness was just about over and I needed to point so I went with the bandwagon.

Overall, I wish that your suspisions were justified but I have never been a wolf(or similar) in any game I have played so far.

My suspision is that Random Person is a possible wolf. He spent most days on the bandwagon except for day 1 and the last few days when it might start to look suspisous he moved off the bandwagons.

Fortuna
2010-01-24, 04:36 PM
Have you looked at my post history? This is my first WW game ever. Of course I started with the bandwagons: I didn't know better. So if you want to be that way, then yes, I am a possible wolf: so is almost everyone on this thread.

I will hold off on my point until someone gives me a good reason to point.

Zar Peter
2010-01-25, 01:30 PM
It's nice and shiny that you all wait for another lead but... there's about 15 hours till the next update.

billtodamax
2010-01-25, 03:09 PM
Bushranger then, for the freudian slip.

TehSheen
2010-01-25, 04:12 PM
Bushranger, to go with the bandwagon.

Zar Peter
2010-01-25, 05:53 PM
I just wanna say that if Bushranger turns out to be a villager I don't want to vote first tomorrow... unless I have definite informations.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-25, 09:22 PM
I vote cd4.

Zar Peter
2010-01-26, 01:37 AM
Change vote to cd4

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-26, 02:38 AM
Thanks Zar Peter, I'd like to say that I also take no responsibility for my actions if cd4 turns out to be a villager, he just happened to be at the top of my list :smalltongue:

Of course, if he turns out to be one of those nasty creatures, I'll take full credit for it :smallbiggrin:

cd4
2010-01-26, 06:26 AM
Okay, seeing the bandwagon on me, I'll change to The Bushranger

Lizard Lord
2010-01-26, 09:10 AM
I guess between the two of them I would rather vote for CD4. I am not really sure what the case against Bushranger even is.

Zar Peter
2010-01-26, 12:42 PM
I guess between the two of them I would rather vote for CD4. I am not really sure what the case against Bushranger even is.

Since I was suspicious of him he's likely to be a villager... should think about that tomorrow. :smallsmile:

Fortuna
2010-01-26, 02:56 PM
To avoid later autolynch, and because Zar's new logic seems to work on soun axioms, cd4.

Thufir
2010-01-26, 09:14 PM
Fit the Seventh

After so many deaths of the passengers and crew,
The mistakes pitting brother ’gainst brother
Was breaking the team, for now it did seem
That not one of them trusted another.

Each one who accused was accused in his turn,
A circle of vicious intent.
’Til a few stood there silent, while the rest remained violent,
But worried this day they’d lament.

For none of them wished to accept all the blame,
If another companion should fall.
The mob never cried, their bloodlust they denied,
As concern spoke its fear to all.

The daylight stretched on, for too long, so it seemed,
Until everyone spoke who would speak.
The sun still shone on, off the gallows it gleamed,
As if marking the end of the week.

For we’d been there a week (Seven days to the week
Is a concept I’m sure you’ll accept –
Unless you desire the month not to expire,
To be from your untimely death kept)

Disregard that parenthesis too long by far,
What it speaks of is not of this place;
Like the flowers the bloom in the spring, tra la,
It has nothing to do with the case.

Plucked by the ear, I resume my account
Of the paranoid death of the men.
The one called cd, suffix 4, and not 3,
Is as dead as the ink in this pen.

Summary: cd4 was lynched. He was a Passenger.
Night 7 begins now and ends in approximately 32 hours

Thufir
2010-01-28, 07:48 AM
What was left of the crew sat around playing games,
To gamble their sorrow away,
Though they had no real money, to all of their shames,
For the Banker had died yesterday.

So they wagered with chequebooks, they wagered insurance,
One bet a spade and his shoe;
But this fashion lopsided the others derided,
So he wagered the one other one too.

There was one among them whose skill was immense,
To whom every man Jack of them lost;
And lost far more times than was really good sense,
For they played on no matter the cost.

This good fortune of his was resented by some,
So in playful mock battle they pounced,
And landed upon him one after one,
’Til by all of them he had been trounced.

“Come on now, my friends, let him up now!” said one,
As he dragged off the men from the pile,
“Our endeavours so joint have delivered our point,
And I think he’ll be sore for a while.”

So they crawled up and stood up, and scrambled up too,
Left him lying where he had been smote,
But they saw on his back, neatly stuck down with glue,
There was a small handwritten note.

The style was familiar, though the two now were dead,
Who had read the first one week ago,
’Twas innocuously placed, and the lines clearly spaced
For his stealth and his message to show.

“My poor foolish friends, such good cover you gave,
In the chaotic, violent dark,
That I could not resist – though I’m sure he’ll be missed –
To kill dear TehSheen. Signed, The Snark.”

Summary: TehSheen was killed. He was the Billiard Marker.
Day 8 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.

Thufir
2010-01-29, 07:59 AM
*Looks around* Anyone here?

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-29, 08:35 AM
Well, at this point I've got to assume that Zp has been silenced for the day since he posted in other threads.

I got no idea myself so I'll follow his hunch from yesterday and point at The Bushranger

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-29, 10:04 AM
I guess I'll point at The Bushranger as well.

Fortuna
2010-01-29, 02:14 PM
The Bushranger. I can't be stuffed rhyming.

The Bushranger
2010-01-29, 02:43 PM
I am not a wolf. Fleeing Coward's loyalties, however I suspect, and I say we throw him in the gulf.

billtodamax
2010-01-29, 05:19 PM
Bushranger then.

The Bushranger
2010-01-29, 08:41 PM
>_>
It seems I have to out myself. I'm the Bonnet-Maker, peoples. If you want the Snark to win, lynch me now!

@v Because I forgot to send an action in, to be completely honest. :smallredface:

Fortuna
2010-01-29, 09:40 PM
And I am in contact with the baker. Who has informed me that you took no action last night. Explain your way out of that one, buster. For what it's worth, you lot have probably won anyway, Mr. Boojum. Yes, that's me, openly accusing and putting my reputation and relatively innocuous appearance on the line. If I'm wrong, then my contact managed to lie to me somehow, and you can all consider me compromised (and so lynch me). If I'm right, then I will have struck a blow that the crew has been waiting for for a long time. Either way, the battle lines are now drawn, and I got to make a ridiculous speech :smalltongue:

EDIT in response to EDIT: Ah well, I was getting kinda sick of this anyway. This way I get to go down in a blaze if being completely wrong. Adieu, cruel game!

Thufir
2010-01-31, 10:45 PM
Fit the Eighth

“Zar Peter sits silent, and still as the grave,
“The Jub-Jub has caught on his tongue!
“So we’ll follow his last, our lives for to save,
“Bushranger, this day you’re undone!”

“Hold, my dear friends, mark you not this kind face,
“And this novel arrangement of bows?
“The Bonnet-Maker I, and I wish not to die,
“So find someone else to be chose.”

“Though none in particular I, yet still,
“I’ve a friend in the Baker, who says,
“That you are not he who makes bonnets with glee,
“That in fact, you’re the Snark, no-one less!”

“Well, if Thing-em-bob says so, it’s certainly true!
“For we know we can trust Candle-ends!”
“Yes! Call him Fritter-my-wig or Thing-um-a-jig,
“We know that we all are his friends.”

So they strung up the Bushranger, fitting the ropes
With great care round the ribbons and bows,
Which they all disregarded, the notion discarded
That they were anything but tricks and shows.

Alas, they were wrong, they saw after the fact,
That the ribbons and bows matched precisely:
The arrangement the Bonnet-Maker made, still intact,
Unlike him, though he asked them so nicely.

Summary: The Bushranger was lynched. He was the Bonnet-Maker.
Night 8 begins now and ends when I feel like it.

Fortuna
2010-02-01, 12:03 AM
I would just like to say that he brought it upon himself. He agreed to target someone, the Baker followed him and he didn't. Therefore it's his own dumb fault for not following through on a promise.

The Bushranger
2010-02-01, 07:50 PM
Yup. I need to be paying better attention. :smallfrown: Sorry folks. And I'll do better in the future.

*kicks Real Life to the curb* :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2010-02-02, 11:31 AM
Summary: The Bushranger was lynched. He was the Bonnet-Maker.
Night 8 begins now and ends when I feel like it.

I do believe that pretty much means game over? Zar Peter can't protect anyone tonight after all :smallamused:

Fortuna
2010-02-02, 12:43 PM
Wait, how many people are left?

Fleeing Coward
2010-02-02, 07:47 PM
7 left, 6 when we kill someone tonight. 3 creatures left.

Zar Peter
2010-02-03, 01:31 AM
7 left, 6 when we kill someone tonight. 3 creatures left.

Hope that doesn't count as posting... :smallbiggrin:. Anyway, I wish a honorable mention when the creatures brag. Sorry villagers, I failed miserably :smallfrown:

Thufir
2010-02-03, 05:21 AM
They were many times warned of the danger to come,
With many a fearful phrase:
“Beware ye the Jub-Jub, the Bandersnatch shun,
“And the Snark with its Boojum-like ways.”

The shadow of Paul Muad’dib stood alone,
And whispered his fears to himself,
’Til the creatures descended, and they his life ended,
As he searched for a book from his shelf.

The book he did find, and did clutch as he died,
A ledger of natural history.
Lying open, you see, at ‘Jub-Jub’, for he,
Was the Butcher, a-solving that mystery.

“Aha!” came a cry, from the one they called ‘Hi!’
“Your stealth for this night has been lax!
“For you’re caught in the act, although after the fact,
“And we see you are billtodamax!”

There stood Random, the Baker, whose memory so poor
Did not lessen his courage to strive,
To seek and to find, not to yield, all blind
To the fear he’d not come back alive.

With him stood Zar Peter, the Beaver, still silent,
From the after-effects of the Jub,
And one passenger meek who had slept through the week,
And he ‘Opeth Freak’, they did dub.

“The game, it is up! You creatures are caught!
“We know you for that which you are!
“My only regret is that while so beset,
“We have saved no more victims thus far.”

From the other side spoke, “Your assessment is flawed,
“Like a coward I’ll flee you no more!”
Then his plumage he swelled, and the sleeper was quelled,
For the Jub-Jub was stood on the shore.

There was also a Bandersnatch, billtodamax,
Who directed the creatures around,
It was he who had chosen the nightly attacks,
And ensured that they never were found.

But oh, beamish reader, the lizard beware,
Who stood there beside them so tall,
For he was the Snark, and a Boojum whose glare
Did silence the Baker and all.

Spoke the Jub-Jub, “Your numbers are no more than ours!
“We have won this engagement, dear friends!
“You will never return, and no-one shall learn
“How this night you did all meet your ends.”

So it all ended there, but the tale I share,
For all who would know of this fear,
To warn you away, in more safe lands to stay,
For anywhere’s safer than here.

Summary: Paul Muad'dib was killed. He was the Butcher.
Random_person, Opeth_Freak and Zar Peter lost the game. They were the Baker, a Passenger, and the Beaver.

billtodamax, Fleeing Coward and Lizard Lord won the game.
They were the Bandersnatch, the Jub-Jub and the Boojum.

Thufir
2010-02-03, 05:32 AM
Player list:
{table=head]Name|Death|Role
Robert Blackletter|Lynched Day 1|Jabberwock
Mustiado|Killed Night 1|Passenger
The Bookworm|Lynched Day 2|Passenger
smuchmuch|Lynched Day 3|Boots
FujinAkari|Auto'd Day 3|Passenger
Incorporeal|Lynched Day 4|Passenger
Aemoh|Killed Night 4|Bellman
Sanity702|Lynched Day 5|Passenger
BishFish|Auto'd Day 5|Passenger
Oddity|Auto'd Day 5|Passenger
Murska|Killed Night 5|Passenger
YimmytheSneak|???? Night 5|Broker
EagleWiz|Lynched Day 6|Banker
Shadowcaller|Killed Night 6|Barrister
cd4|Lynched Day 7|Passenger
TehSheen|Killed Night 7|Billiard Marker
The Bushranger|Lynched Day 8|Bonnet-Maker
Paul Muad'dib|Killed Night 8|Butcher
Opeth_Freak||Passenger
Random_person||Baker
Zar Peter||Beaver
billtodamax||Bandersnatch
Fleeing Coward||Jub-Jub
Lizard Lord||Boojum[/table]

I do believe that pretty much means game over? Zar Peter can't protect anyone tonight after all :smallamused:

While it worked out for you, I should just point out that you did choose to kill the one person who had an insurance policy against night kill. You're just lucky he hasn't been on to use it, and I could only be bothered to wait so long.

A minor explanation, regarding Opeth Freak: A while back, shortly after he signed up for this game, he said he'd be without internet access for a while, he wasn't sure how long, and asked to be put on the away list for all the games he was in. Originally, I intended to auto-lynch him if he still wasn't back after 5 (in-game) days or so, but by the time we reached that point team good were doing pretty badly, so I figured they needed all the help they could get.
Also, it's amusing to have someone away for an entire game. I might make him a special trophy or something if I can be bothered.

So, questions:

Did you enjoy the game?
Were you incredibly confused by the game?
Did you like your role?
Did you have any problems with the rules?
What did you think of the items?
How was the narrating?
Anything else you think could have been improved?
Would you play this again and/or recommend it to others?

Thufir
2010-02-03, 05:39 AM
Did you enjoy the game?

I did, but I thought it suffered a bit from inactivity of certain players. Also could've done with a few more players.

Not at all. I knew what was going on the whole time. :smallamused:

Did you like your role?

It was interesting, seeing a game from the other side of the rules.

Some bits should possibly have been decided in advance, rather than making an arbitrary decision on the spot when it came up. Some ideas should possibly be revised.

I think some of them didn't get enough use. Perhaps it should be easier to find them. Oh, and the Sharpened Spade is useless, it needs to have its ability changed.

How was the narrating?

I think it was absolutely superb. :smallamused:

Just what I've said above. More players, more active players, revise a few rules.

I think everyone should play this game if and when it happens again.

Zar Peter
2010-02-03, 06:37 AM
So, questions:

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, had great fun. Not only because I had a role but because I loved the rhyming (although I don't know the source)
No. Well, yes, I didn't find the bad boys.
Did you like your role?
I liked it but because of inactivity/ignoring I had too much power.
No, none at all. But I didn't read all the good power role rules till now.
Interesting. I got one in the beginning and one during the game. But I don't think the baner needs a baning item in the beginning. The rule where he loses it when he banes himself is good, though.
How was the narrating?
Excellent.
More players would have been good, yes. But that's not in the competence of the narrator.
Yes. Yes.

The Bushranger
2010-02-03, 08:01 PM
Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, Yes I did.
Nope
Did you like your role?
It was OK, but when it comes to roles, it was a little...unfulfilling, perhaps? As in it's a role, but not a really interesting one, if that makes sense.
Nope
They made sense to me.
How was the narrating?
Loved it. :smallbiggrin:
Er...my paying attention and actually sending in my night action the night I really, really needed to? :smallredface: Sorry, folks. Not that it probably made any difference to the result. Hopefully next time Real Life won't have me ragged causing me to be distracted like that.
YES. :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2010-02-04, 12:08 AM
Did you enjoy the game?
Hell yes! It was so much fun.
Nah, not really. It was fun watching Zar Peter run around accusing villager after villager after villager. I was directing the kills, so I just decided to take out anyone that looked like they'd be too big a threat.
Did you like your role?
I loved my role. Not so much the actual inverting, as that didn't feature much, but directing the kills.
Did you have any problems with the rules? Bonnet-Maker was useless when you took out the Snark. That's the only thing that stood out to me.
What did you think of the items? They weren't used much, I think. Possibly make items a bit more useful next time.

There will be a next time. You have no choice in the matter.
How was the narrating? It was superb. A more readable font would have been nice. :smalltongue:
Anything else you think could have been improved? Nothing that comes to mind right now.
Would you play this again and/or recommend it to others? Definitely.

Aemoh
2010-02-04, 02:13 AM
Did you enjoy the game?
Ayup.
Not in the least.
Did you like your role?
Yeah. Interesting being a Seer that could only find good guy power roles.
Nope.
I liked 'em.
How was the narrating?
Good stuff. Like I said before, I really liked my death scene.
*shrugs*
In again, says I :smallamused:

smuchmuch
2010-02-04, 06:49 AM
Did you enjoy the game?
Yes.

Not particulary

[B]Did you like your role?
yes. it would probably have been very usefull if I had any idea of what I was doing.

Not really.

Dunno. The only I had was the sanrk hunting kit and with high chances to loose part , making the scry 25/° less acurate, it didn't sems that usefful, except for getting confimation of suspitions

How was the narrating?
Amazing. Trully amazing.
Best thing about the game.

Not that I can think off

Yep

Thufir
2010-02-04, 06:55 AM
Interesting. I got one in the beginning and one during the game. But I don't think the baner needs a baning item in the beginning. The rule where he loses it when he banes himself is good, though.

Yes, well giving the baning item to the baner was purely because of the source material. I didn't want to go against that, so I made him lose it if he baned himself.

Did you like your role?
It was OK, but when it comes to roles, it was a little...unfulfilling, perhaps? As in it's a role, but not a really interesting one, if that makes sense.
Did you have any problems with the rules? Bonnet-Maker was useless when you took out the Snark. That's the only thing that stood out to me.

Fair points. I'm generally uncertain about disguiser roles, but I couldn't think of anything else, and they're used in other games, so... *shrug* I'll try to come up with something better for that role.
Actually, he was still potentially useful, but only under certain specific circumstances:
1. In theory, one of the predators could have found the Bell.
2. If he found the Beaver's Lace, then used it to scry the person he was disguising, he effectively becomes a seer. Until he loses the Lace. This actually happened.
3. Inverting him had the potential to be interesting...

Did you like your role?
I loved my role. Not so much the actual inverting, as that didn't feature much, but directing the kills.

I was disappointed with how the inverting turned out, because it was actually one of my favourite ideas. But of the 5 people you inverted, only one actually used a night action while under the effects.

What did you think of the items? They weren't used much, I think. Possibly make items a bit more useful next time.

There will be a next time. You have no choice in the matter.

Possibly. Blank cheques shouldn't be too powerful, maybe make insurance policies guard against more than one thing. Obviously scrying items which can only identify specific roles are of limited use, I might change that, or not.
Items might have come more into play if the Banker had been more active, giving out more cheques and policies.As it is, the cheques weren't used at all. Two insurance policies were activated, but neither ability actually got used. Inactivity makes me a sad narrator.
And I'm coming up with ideas.

How was the narrating? It was superb. A more readable font would have been nice. :smalltongue:

I can read it just fine.

Zar Peter
2010-02-04, 10:52 AM
I was disappointed with how the inverting turned out, because it was actually one of my favourite ideas. But of the 5 people you inverted, only one actually used a night action while under the effects.

That was me, wasn't it? Helping the wolves with an inverted kill... should have baned myself that day .

Sorry again Yimmie :smallfrown: