PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Avatar with Paint Shop Pro (6 or 7)

Tawmis
2009-12-21, 12:42 AM
I have looked and I found this amazing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66294&page=8) thread - but it's with a program I am not wholly familiar with - at all, really! The guide is amazing - and looks easy! And I will probably try it - but was curious if one using PSP6 or PSP7 has ever been made? I searched! I found the mentioned one - and the one for MS PAINT (really? Amazing!) - but all the images are broken in that one.

Kaytara
2009-12-21, 04:23 AM
I think Zanaril uses PSP8 for making her (very awesome, mine is by her :D) avatars. You could try asking her. :)

Zanaril
2009-12-21, 04:43 AM
I'm not sure how much help I could be, since from what I remember PSP 7 handled vectors a little differently. (Then again, it might just have seemed this way for me because I was unfamiliar with the program. :smallconfused:) Maybe you could look for general PSP7 tutorials about vectors and trying to apply it to OOTS art.

That said, I'll help if I can.

However, if you're not already familiar with PSP7 it might be better to look into getting/downloading Inkscape (Is it free?). PSP7 is a little bit dated, and even PSP8 doesn't have quite as smooth lines as Inkscape does. And obviously, there's a tutorial for the latter. :smalltongue:

I'm not sure if there's a niche for a PSP8 OOTS tutorial, although I'm now somewhat tempted to make one...

Tawmis
2009-12-21, 12:25 PM
If you do one for PSP8, I'd like it! I have PSP8 at work... though they might frown if I used it to make Avatars... but my offices is pretty secluded. ;)