+4|
+1|
+1|
+4|Swift Creation, Spell Deflection +2|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+5|
+1|
+1|
+4|Channelled Strike (Standard Action), Spell Blade Enhancement +3|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+5|Dispelling Strike, Spell Deflection +3|-

7th|
+7|
+2|
+2|
+5|Spell Blade Enhancement +4|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+8|
+2|
+2|
+6|Channelled Strike (Full Attack), Magical Boost, Spell Deflection +4|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+9|
+3|
+3|
+6|Spell Blade Enhancement +5|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+10|
+3|
+3|
+7|Reaving Strike, Spell Deflection +5|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]
Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (Arcana or Religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Spell Blade (Su)
The Spellknife is capable of using raw magic to create a blade of pure magical energy, drawn from the Spellknife’s own reserve. Creating a Spell Blade is a standard action. A spell blade can take the shape of any weapon the caster is proficient with, and is considered to be that weapon for all intents and purposes, with the exception that a Spell Blade cannot be broken by anything that could not also destroy a Wall of Force. This weapon is chosen when the Spell Blade is created, and cannot be changed unless a new Spell Blade is created. If the Spell Blade is taken inside an Antimagic Field, the Spellknife must make an opposed caster level check against the creator of the Antimagic Field. If the Spellknife succeeds, the Spell Blade may be used as normal. If the Spellknife fails, then the Spell Blade is suppressed, losing its power until it is removed from the Antimagic Field.

To create a Spell Blade, the Spellknife must expend either a prepared spell or an unused spell slot. The Spell Blade has an enhancement bonus on attack rolls and damage equal to the level of the spell expended up to a maximum of the Spellknife’s class level. Even if this enhancement bonus exceeds +5, the Spell Blade is not considered to be Epic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction. The Spell Blade also gains weapon special abilities, chosen by the Spellknife, but the total enhancement bonus may not be more than +1. This bonus increases to +2 at level 3, +3 at level 5, +4 at level 7, and +5 at level 9. The choice of these abilities stays the same when picked, unless the Spellknife takes a full minute to reassign the abilities. The Spell Blade lasts for a number of rounds equal to the caster level of the Spellknife that created it.

When using a Spell Blade, the Spellknife may use his primary casting attribute in place of his strength modifier when determining attack and damage rolls. If the Spell Blade leaves the hands of the Spellknife, then it becomes dull and loses all its power until it is picked up by the Spellknife again. The Spell Blade lasts for a number of rounds equal to the caster level of the Spellknife. When using a Spell Blade, a Spellknife may treat the hands holding it as being free, for the purposes of somatic spell components.

For example, Tajal is a 7th level Wizard/4th level Spellknife. He uses a 3rd level spell slot to create a Spell Blade, shaped as a Quarterstaff. The Spell Blade has an enhancement bonus of +2, because the enhancement bonus cannot be greater than half of his Spellknife level. The Spell Blade also has special abilities with a total effective enhancement bonus of +2, in this case, Tajal has chosen Bane and Flaming. While using the Spell Blade, he adds his Intelligence bonus to his attack rolls and 1.5*his Intelligence bonus to his damage rolls, because he is using the Quarterstaff 2 handed.

Spell Deflection (Ex)
By wielding raw magic, a Spellknife can use his Spell Blade to block and protect himself from magic. While wielding a Spell Blade, a Spellknife gets a bonus to saves against spells and spell-like abilities equal to half of his Spellknife level.

Swift Creation (Su)
At 4th level, the Spellknife may create a Spell Blade as a swift action instead of a standard action.

Channelled Strike (Su)
A Spellknife learns to use his Spell Blade as a conduit for his other magical energies, allowing him to channel spells through his Spell Blade. When making a single attack, a 5th level Spellknife may simultaneously cast and channel any spell with a casting time of no more than 1 standard action through his Spell Blade, automatically hitting the target on a successful Spell Blade attack. At 8th level, this ability may also be used with a Full Attack.

Dispelling Strike (Su)
By striking his foe with a magical force, a 6th level Spellknife can destroy some of his opponent’s magical energy. As a full round action, a Spellknife may make a single attack against a foe. If the attack succeeds, no damage is dealt, but the Spellknife may make a targeted dispel against the target, with the dispel check being treated as equal to the attack roll.

Magical Boost (Su)
A Spellknife must learn to channel his magic through his entire body, making him stronger than he could ever otherwise be. By expending a prepared spell or unused spell slot as a swift action, an 8th level Spellknife may gain great temporary power. The Spellknife gains a circumstance bonus to attack equal to the level of the spell expended and a bonus to damage equal to 1d6*the level of the spell. This power lasts until the start of the Spellknife’s next turn. For example, the expenditure of a 5th level spell would grant a +5 bonus to attack rolls and a bonus 5d6 damage to attacks.

Reaving Strike (Su)
A 10th level Spellknife unlocks great power, learning the ability to use the Spell Blade to drain magic from others and use it for their own. Before using a Dispelling Strike, the Spellknife may declare it to be a Reaving Strike. If the attack hits, the normal Dispel Check gains a +5 bonus. Any spells which would normally be Dispelled are instead transferred to the Spellknife. For example, a Spellknife uses a Reaving Strike on a Wizard, and dispels a Haste and an Owls Wisdom spell. The Spellknife then gains the power of Haste and Owls Wisdom, with the same caster level as the original spell, and with the same duration remaining. Reaving Strike may be used a number of times per day equal to the bonus of the Spellknife's primary casting attribute.

Not balanced yet, as I have only created the concept, not the final class, and so I would like feedback from you because I'm too lazy to balance it myself I would like to know what other people think, and how it could be changed to be better (I tried, but I still don't think I have the weapon scaling right). Not to mention I've probably worded things badly or made a typo somewhere in here and not noticed it.

Melamoto
2009-12-24, 05:40 PM
Totally shameless bump, with a few changes made to the class as well. Working on some fluff in my spare time as well.

Gorgondantess
2009-12-24, 05:59 PM
Ask yourself this: is the class worth missing out on 9th level spells (8th& 9th for sorceror). No, not really, as far as I'm concerned. I'd advise, to balance it with something like the abjurant champion, or maybe swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327): make it full BAB, make the spellknife a bit better (perhaps with a total enhancement bonus equal to no more than the character's soulknife level) and then maybe missing a spellcasting progression level at 1st and 10th level, but then you'll need a rockin' capstone to get people to not just leave at 9th level.
Otherwise, well... it'd be a decent class for a duskblade or hexblade to take.

Milskidasith
2009-12-24, 06:28 PM
So it's a soulknife, but in a casting PrC that loses caster levels, in exchange for a few mostly useless features?

This probably isn't even worth the loss of one caster level, let alone 5 (to give you an idea of what is worth a loss of a caster level, Sand Shaper because of the free rez, free metamagic, and a huge boost to your spells known, and malconvoker because you get 5 levels of metamagic applied to every summon spell you cast.)

DragoonWraith
2009-12-24, 08:14 PM
Losing a single spell level is something that requires incredible return on investment. Sand Shaper gives 40-something spells known to a spontaneous caster. Malconvoker gives a lot of free, good metamagic. Recaster lets you really have fun manipulating spells. War Weaver lets you hit your entire party with up to four pre-cast buffs as a move action. These are classes that lose a single caster level, and manage to make up for it - barely, with the exception of the Sand Shaper.

The Rainbow Servant has in its table a 6/10 progression, but the text says full progression. As a text-trumps-table rule, the 10/10 is used, but as a commentary: the class is considered useless at 6/10, even though it gives arcanists every cleric spell as a spell known.

There simply does not exist a 5/10 spellcasting class worth taking as a primary spellcaster. You require 5 levels in a spellcasting class (at best), no one with that many levels in a spellcasting class is going to be willing to lose 5 caster levels.

All that said - they're neat-ish abilities. I think it could be fun. Full BAB wouldn't hurt, seeing as a Wizard entry is likely and they're already hurting on BAB, and with a higher BAB entry they're getting in later due to spell level requirements. And there's no reason to lose even a spellcasting level. Make it 10/10, and consider upping the BAB, and I say it's a solid class.

Lappy9000
2009-12-24, 08:36 PM
Ooh, I like it. Seems like the spellknife would be fun for a martial/caster multiclass. The ability to make a spell blade from any weapon is a neat plus. Speaking of which, can a spellknife make spell blades out of multiple weapons or are they locked into one?

It's also nice that you can use it in an antimagic field (sorta).

Kudos for your attention to polish, and while I agree that the Base Attack Bonus could use a bump, this is a nice little prestige class :smallcool:

So it's a soulknife, but in a casting PrC that loses caster levels, in exchange for a few mostly useless features?I can hardly imagine someone who doesn't have martial prowess taking this class. I wouldn't exactly call the spell blade useless either, it could be quite the boon for a half-martial warrior.

Roc Ness
2009-12-24, 10:13 PM
This classes' abilities could most easily be used by a duskblade given that the Duskblade can easily fulfill the requirements and has full-bab and good HP to boot. But not many duskblades would take it given that you lose out on BaB and HP. :smallfrown:

arguskos
2009-12-24, 10:21 PM
You know, looking at the Spellknife here, I'd take it. IF it was 7/10 casting and full BAB. That'd be underpowered even, but I'd still take it, since it sounds fun.

Oh, the thing though, it needs Channel Spell, like Duskblades get. That, or free Smiting Spell metamagic on some of their attack effects. I can see it now, the mage swifts out a Spellknife Quarterstaff, charges, and Smiting Spell's someone with a Fireball. Man, that'd be awesome looking.

DragoonWraith
2009-12-24, 11:05 PM
Just noticed the BAB and skill requirements; they're sensible but I'm not sure I like this as a level 8 class, instead of the usual level 6. But whatever. If you do make it 10/10 casting, add a feat pre-req - Smiting Spell seems reasonable.

Melamoto
2009-12-25, 04:31 AM
make the spellknife a bit better (perhaps with a total enhancement bonus equal to no more than the character's soulknife level)
It already has that (I added that in when I made the bump).

you'll need a rockin' capstone to get people to not just leave at 9th level.The capstone ability lets you steal people's buffs with Dispelling Strike a number of times per day. In the end, I don't think it's all that amazing, but you keep a caster level with my new edit.

Oh, the thing though, it needs Channel Spell, like Duskblades get. That, or free Smiting Spell metamagic on some of their attack effects. I can see it now, the mage swifts out a Spellknife Quarterstaff, charges, and Smiting Spell's someone with a Fireball. Man, that'd be awesome looking.

Channelled Strike (Su)
A Spellknife learns to use his Spell Blade as a conduit for his other magical energies, allowing him to channel spells through his Spell Blade. When making a single attack, a 5th level Spellknife may simultaneously cast and channel any spell with a casting time of no more than 1 standard action through his Spell Blade, automatically hitting the target on a successful Spell Blade attack. At 8th level, this ability may also be used with a Full Attack.

Changed it to be 8/10 casting and Full BAB.

DragoonWraith
2009-12-25, 07:48 AM
Still not even close to worth two spellcasting levels, but at least now it's reasonable for someone who really likes it and doesn't mind the downgrade.

Tinydwarfman
2009-12-25, 12:32 PM
I would give them armored mage at 2nd level, and maybe an upgrade at 6th. Nice boost and not too unbalancing.

arguskos
2009-12-25, 11:21 PM
Still not even close to worth two spellcasting levels, but at least now it's reasonable for someone who really likes it and doesn't mind the downgrade.
Eh, it's pretty solid now. I mean, Wizard-->Fighter-->Spellsword-->Spellknife still gives you 9th levels, since you only lose three levels of casting along the road (less if you go straight Wizard-->Spellknife, which you can do).

Lappy9000
2009-12-25, 11:26 PM
Still not even close to worth two spellcasting levels, but at least now it's reasonable for someone who really likes it and doesn't mind the downgrade.Now that's just being silly.

Oh, and Melamoto, don't forget to add the Spellcasting section into the class abilities. You know, "only one spellcasting class applies" and the like.

DragoonWraith
2009-12-26, 10:09 AM
Silly? It's absolutely true. None of the benefits compare to the loss of two spellcasting levels. This is largely WotC's fault for making the loss of spellcasting levels so abysmally painful, but it's still true. I've yet to see a class that actually manages to be worth the loss of two spellcasting levels (though if they did, Incantatrix and Rainbow Servant might).

Lappy9000
2009-12-26, 04:05 PM
Silly? It's absolutely true. None of the benefits compare to the loss of two spellcasting levels. This is largely WotC's fault for making the loss of spellcasting levels so abysmally painful, but it's still true. I've yet to see a class that actually manages to be worth the loss of two spellcasting levels (though if they did, Incantatrix and Rainbow Servant might).Doesn't make it any less silly :smalltongue:

If he didn't take out any caster levels, well, why wouldn't any caster want to take it?

boomwolf
2009-12-26, 04:10 PM
Silly? It's absolutely true. None of the benefits compare to the loss of two spellcasting levels. This is largely WotC's fault for making the loss of spellcasting levels so abysmally painful, but it's still true. I've yet to see a class that actually manages to be worth the loss of two spellcasting levels (though if they did, Incantatrix and Rainbow Servant might).

2 caster levels are irrelevant, as long you got to caster level 17 (or 18 is spon), its enough. bonus spells mean nothing past that point. your workday is 2-3 spells long anyway.

Flickerdart
2009-12-26, 04:12 PM
Usually, the levels on a partial progression class that don't have casting are the ones that get the best stuff, to stop people from bailing out of the class. This is not the case here. The entry level to the class is pretty good, and the whole casting attribute to damage thing is wonderful for a gish, but the 5th level is a good place to jump ship, since the next level loses you another casting progression level in return for a small bonus to saves and a dispel as a full round action, something that's not worth much without the Reaving ability you get so much later on.

And yes, the 2 spell levels lost hurt you even less than a regular gish, because you can put all the points you'd normally have in STR or DEX into your casting stat, thereby enjoying bonus spells you wouldn't normally see.

DragoonWraith
2009-12-26, 04:56 PM
Doesn't make it any less silly :smalltongue:

If he didn't take out any caster levels, well, why wouldn't any caster want to take it?
Because there are better PrCs that don't? Because most casters wouldn't want to get into melee anyway?

I would advise adding a couple of feat requirements if it was a full casting class, but that's about it, really.

2 caster levels are irrelevant, as long you got to caster level 17 (or 18 is spon), its enough. bonus spells mean nothing past that point. your workday is 2-3 spells long anyway.
Getting 9th level spells at 17 rather than 19 is hardly irrelevant. Being two levels behind in general is anything but irrelevant.

Basically, compare it to the Abjurant Champion, the current standard in gishes. Full BAB, full caster progression, and some really nice bonuses to your Abjuration spells that you're going to want anyway. That's solid. Here, you get some pretty cool abilities - better than an Abjurant Champion? Yes, though over ten levels instead of five. So much better that it should cost two spellcasting levels? No. So much better that it should cost one? Welll... probably not, but it's better than some other options (Eldritch Knight, for starters); it doesn't really compare, but for a gish maybe it's acceptable.

Lappy9000
2009-12-26, 05:30 PM
but for a gish maybe it's acceptable.I'm quite certain that was the point, hence the aforementioned silliness :smallwink:

Basically, the people who are going to take this class are going to do so because the idea and class are really cool, and they aren't really going to care whether or not they stack up to 9th-level spell supremacy.

DragoonWraith
2009-12-26, 05:50 PM
I'm of the opinion that it is not good design to make a prestige class that is weaker than its entry. A prestige class should cost something and gain equally valued somethings, but this one does not, hence my attempt at constructive criticism.

Lappy9000
2009-12-26, 06:35 PM
I'm of the opinion that it is not good design to make a prestige class that is weaker than its entry. A prestige class should cost something and gain equally valued somethings, but this one does not, hence my attempt at constructive criticism.I still believe that you're missing the point because the spellknife is most likely directed at multiclass gish builds or gish classes who wouldn't really miss their casting all that much anyways.

Milskidasith
2009-12-26, 06:50 PM
I still believe that you're missing the point because the spellknife is most likely directed at multiclass gish builds or gish classes who wouldn't really miss their casting all that much anyways.

From personal knowledge, even gishes like to have as much spellcasting as possible; thus why people make gishes with Ruby Knight Windicator or Abjurant Champion, not other classes without full spellcasting.

Flickerdart
2009-12-26, 06:51 PM
I believe the two things that define an effective gish are +16 BAB and 9th level spells by 20th, and everything else can be whatever you need it to be. As long as you don't lose any more caster levels, this is a perfectly serviceable gish PrC. Should regular casters take it? No, because it's not intended for them. Regular casters won't take Swiftblade either, but Swiftblade is a great gish PrC (even if you have to jump through hoops to get 9th level spells).

arguskos
2009-12-26, 06:56 PM
I'm of the opinion that it is not good design to make a prestige class that is weaker than its entry. A prestige class should cost something and gain equally valued somethings, but this one does not, hence my attempt at constructive criticism.
That's a great idea... when you're dealing with base classes that aren't stupidly powerful and debatably broken to begin with. That train of logic gave us the Planar Shepard and the Incantrix, which isn't a good thing. :smalltongue:

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-26, 07:07 PM
Personally, I'd give it better BAB requirements and lower spell level requirements. It's already a minimum of 7th level, so give it BAB +5 or +6 and spell level 2nd or higher. This forces full casters to either take it after level 10+, multiclass or lets only gish base classes(duskblade, for example) take it to begin with.

Lappy9000
2009-12-26, 09:03 PM
That's a great idea... when you're dealing with base classes that aren't stupidly powerful and debatably broken to begin with. That train of logic gave us the Planar Shepard and the Incantrix, which isn't a good thing. :smalltongue:Yeeeah. That too :smalltongue:

Personally, I'd give it better BAB requirements and lower spell level requirements. It's already a minimum of 7th level, so give it BAB +5 or +6 and spell level 2nd or higher. This forces full casters to either take it after level 10+, multiclass or lets only gish base classes(duskblade, for example) take it to begin with.I totally agree with the lowered spell level requirements at the least. The rest aren't bad ideas either.

From personal knowledge, even gishes like to have as much spellcasting as possible; thus why people make gishes with Ruby Knight Windicator or Abjurant Champion, not other classes without full spellcasting.Never heard of them. If they're full casting gish builds, it sounds like your scope for balance is cheese, which isn't good...well...balancing.

wadledo
2009-12-26, 09:18 PM
I'd consider giving it a slow Sneak Attack progression (3rd, 6th and 9th) to make it a little more clear that it's not a frontliner, and more a finesse fighter.

This would also make me happy in another sense, as this seems to be a very interesting idea for a rouge/wizard gish, except for the abyssal skill points.
Any chance of bumping those up a bit?

DragoonWraith
2009-12-26, 09:41 PM
That's a great idea... when you're dealing with base classes that aren't stupidly powerful and debatably broken to begin with. That train of logic gave us the Planar Shepard and the Incantrix, which isn't a good thing. :smalltongue:
No, it didn't. Both the Planar Shepherd and the Incantatrix do not lose anything meaningful, compared to what they give.

Moreover, if a base class is "stupidly powerful and debatably broken to begin with", nerf the base class. Applying a weak PrC as a stealth nerf is just a bad idea. Especially when weaker base classes might qualify, and get hit with the same downgrade.

Never heard of them. If they're full casting gish builds, it sounds like your scope for balance is cheese, which isn't good...well...balancing.
Abjurant Champion from Complete Mage is a 5-level PrC that requires 1st level spells, +5 BAB, Combat Casting, and proficiency with a Martial Weapon, and gives full BAB and spellcasting, as well as some bonuses to Abjuration spells (and Mage Armor, which the author apparently assumed was sensibly an Abjuration). It's pretty much the benchmark for gish PrCs, and is in no way imbalanced. Two feats, or a feat and taking a feat and losing the human bonus feat to take a race with a martial weapon proficiency (not to mention not taking some other PrC) for 2.5 BAB and some sensible class features? Seems reasonable to me, considering that a Wizard's going to have a hard time entering on his own. Notable for synergizing very nicely with the Suel Arcanamach (Complete Arcane), as well.

Ruby Knight Vindicator is from Tome of Battle, requires some Devoted Spirit maneuvers and the ability to Turn Undead, and gives 8/10 spellcasting, a reasonable progression of maneuvers, and some neat flavorful features. Can be broken (see Chuck, the Ruby Knight Windicator, who can easily exceed escape velocity), but that's a tricked out optimization build, not out of the can.

Lappy9000
2009-12-26, 10:34 PM
No, it didn't. Both the Planar Shepherd and the Incantatrix do not lose anything meaningful, compared to what they give.'xactly. In my experience, Planar Shepard at least is generally regarded as broken to the 9th layer of Baator.

Moreover, if a base class is "stupidly powerful and debatably broken to begin with", nerf the base class.Fix the wizard? You get right to that :smallwink::smalltongue: (I also don't believe that this class was designed as a nerf)

Prestige ClassesThankee for enlightening me :smallbiggrin:

DragoonWraith
2009-12-26, 11:59 PM
'xactly. In my experience, Planar Shepard at least is generally regarded as broken to the 9th layer of Baator.
Yes - though that's only partially because of its status as "lossless" (advancing wild shape, animal companion, AND spellcasting fully). Yes, it loses nothing compared to a straight Druid - which should never happen - but it also gives ridiculously powerful extra features, besides. If it gave a series of minor improvements over advancing everything, it would be only minorly overpowered, or perhaps not at all if the features were sufficiently minor and the entry requirements included a few burned feats or so.

Fix the wizard? You get right to that :smallwink::smalltongue: (I also don't believe that this class was designed as a nerf)
Neither do I, which is the only reason I commented that losing two spellcasting levels without some pretty insane abilities is a nerf.

Thankee for enlightening me :smallbiggrin:
No problem. I hope I didn't overstep the bounds on how much we're allowed to divulge on non-OGL stuff, though.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-27, 12:09 AM
Wait, I just noticed something:

To create a Spell Blade, the Spellknife must expend either a prepared spell or an unused spell slot. The Spell Blade has an enhancement bonus on attack rolls and damage equal to the level of the spell expended up to a maximum of the Spellknife’s class level.

Bolding done by me: Wouldn't this mean a 6th level spell turned into a spellblade would be an epic weapon?

Melamoto
2009-12-27, 06:00 AM
Bolding done by me: Wouldn't this mean a 6th level spell turned into a spellblade would be an epic weapon?

I knew there was a reason I didn't give it full BAB! Although this is made up for slightly in the end by the loss of BAB from caster levels.

Also, the reason I decided for the 3rd level spells requirement is because of the fluff; only a more experienced caster could learn to channel their magical energy in such a way.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-27, 10:12 AM
I knew there was a reason I didn't give it full BAB! Although this is made up for slightly in the end by the loss of BAB from caster levels.

I think you should limit the enhancement bonus to 1/2 level, rounded up. So that at Spellknife 11(read: Epic) you can get a +6 Soul Knife. Because epic weapons prior to level 21 seems sorta weird.

Melamoto
2009-12-27, 10:41 AM
I think you should limit the enhancement bonus to 1/2 level, rounded up. So that at Spellknife 11(read: Epic) you can get a +6 Soul Knife. Because epic weapons prior to level 21 seems sorta weird.
That was actually the original ability. I changed it because the Spellknife didn't have full BAB at the time, and so this balanced it out. I also took into account the fact that giving up a level 6 spell rather than a level 5 spell gains you +1 to attacks. If you want to spend an 6th level or higher spell slot for a temporary +1 to 4 attack bonus, then that's fine. I don't see anything really broken here. You're already a bare minimum of 3 BAB under any other melee class, and you're suboptimal if you're not 4 below. So it just bridges the gap, in exchange for costing you a high level slot.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-27, 10:50 AM
I didn't say it was broken, but it is distinctly strange. A Wizard 5/Spellsword 1/Spellblade 6 can, at level 12, bypass DR/Epic.

Melamoto
2009-12-27, 11:05 AM
I thought that it wouldn't count as Epic for such purposes, gaining the Enhancement bonus from a Supernatural Ability rather than actual value. I'll change the text to specifically exclude this.

DragoonWraith
2009-12-27, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I don't think it's even remotely broken unless the spellknife starts counting as an Epic weapon - then you have problems.

Milskidasith
2009-12-28, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's even remotely broken unless the spellknife starts counting as an Epic weapon - then you have problems.

Even counting as an epic weapon isn't enough to tip it into overpowered territory... is DR really that huge of a problem unless you are very underoptimized?

Tim4488
2010-01-05, 11:22 AM
Even counting as an epic weapon isn't enough to tip it into overpowered territory... is DR really that huge of a problem unless you are very underoptimized?

Depends. I'm not super familiar with how epic works, but do epic weapons bypass EVERYTHING? If so, then yes, it's too good. Otherwise, it's strange, yes, but not overpowered.

Flickerdart
2010-01-05, 01:47 PM
Epic is the highest of the material types, but I believe is below energy damage, so it's not especially broken.