PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Conspiracy Party (Hunter: The Vigil)

Suzuro
2009-12-21, 04:48 PM
Alright, so I've had an idea in my head to allow players to choose different conspiracies and still be in the same cell, and since I got Slashers I've been thinking about it again, I run into only one major problem: justification.

I can understand how they could get together, but I'm having trouble justifying how they increase their individual endowments. I can understand how the Cainite Heresy could get theirs and even the more 'mystical' ones such as the Lucifuge, but where I'm running into a road block is for ones such as Task Force: Valkyrie where they actually get them from someone.

See, the plot I had was that the supernatural horrors had effectively elimanted the conspiracies in a town/city/what have you, and the players would be the surviving members who would team up to fight back, "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that. But how would I justify the enodwments?

Any ideas? Has anyone played a game like this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Suzuro

erikun
2009-12-21, 05:10 PM
The Task Force agents would probably need to find an abandoned labrotory which belonged to Valkyrie for new endowments. I'm not sure how wide-spread the destruction was, but anyone who was part of the Valkyries before they were eliminated probably knew the location of a lab, along with someone who was looking into the organization's existance beforehand.

Of course, just because the supernaturals didn't set the place of fire doesn't mean they left it alone. The first "mission" of the group could be to check on the lab, and see what might be lurking there. After all, Valkyrie seems to me like a conspiracy that would keep some info on what was happening.

I'd probably leave the maintanence of the lab in the hands of the local cell/compact in town, once the player cell finds it. Reasons to prevent simply pumping every endowment into the PCs immediately could be anything from smashed equipment, to disorganization, to "gotta read the instructions to see how this stuff works." Government offices always have manuals somewhere.