PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone find that fantasy...

paddyfool
2009-12-22, 10:39 AM
... has changed the way you look at people?

For myself, I find I tend to notice when people have unusually bulging eyes ever since playing the Escape from Innsmouth Cthulhu module...

WalkingTarget
2009-12-22, 10:43 AM
... has changed the way you look at people?

For myself, I find I tend to notice when people have unusually bulging eyes ever since playing the Escape from Innsmouth Cthulhu module...

While watching (I think it was) This Film Is Not Yet Rated there was one person being interviewed that a friend and I both thought "Innsmouth Look" as soon as we saw her. I don't think I've had that reaction to anybody I've run across in real life, though.

Player_Zero
2009-12-22, 10:54 AM
Why yes. Sometimes I see giant squid-fish people instead of the land-octopuses that they truly are.

rayne_dragon
2009-12-22, 12:37 PM
A little. I find that D&D leads me to try and figure out what people's class or alignment would be.

The innsmouth look is something I think I always noticed, I'm just more likely to think "Deep One" instead of "Frog" or "Crab-people".

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-12-22, 04:30 PM
I've never played any of the Cthulhu stuff, but thought you might find this interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exophthalmos

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-12-22, 05:01 PM
I knew a guy in the Army, Special Forces. I thought he was a Dwarf. 5'2" of nothing but muscle and gristle, and as broad as he was tall. I could easily imagine him with a braided beard and an axe on his shoulder, clad in armor from head to toe.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-22, 07:51 PM
Instead of thinking "Wow, he/she is strong!" I think "Wow, is his/her Strength like... 17?"

Gamerlord
2009-12-22, 09:46 PM
Instead of thinking "Wow, he/she is strong!" I think "Wow, is his/her Strength like... 17?"

An odd number for a stat score? THE INSULT! :smallfurious: :smalltongue: