PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Magic/Psionics resistant materials (DND)

Eldritch_Ent
2009-12-22, 02:43 PM
Anyone know of any materials that are particularly resistant to arcane magic and psionics in DnD? Long Story Short, I need some sort of creature that would be a pain for someone who can cast equal amounts of psionics and Sorcery. I'm thinking some sort of highly advanced Alloy Golem, but I'll need a material or two to make the golem out of. (Most golems are magic resistant anyway, so I suppose just using a psionic resistant material would work fine too.)

Temet Nosce
2009-12-22, 02:55 PM
Anyone know of any materials that are particularly resistant to arcane magic and psionics in DnD? Long Story Short, I need some sort of creature that would be a pain for someone who can cast equal amounts of psionics and Sorcery. I'm thinking some sort of highly advanced Alloy Golem, but I'll need a material or two to make the golem out of. (Most golems are magic resistant anyway, so I suppose just using a psionic resistant material would work fine too.)

Are you not using the rules for Psionics-Magic transparency? If it's resistant to one, it should be resistant to the other (unless you're specifically not using those rules).

Eldritch_Ent
2009-12-22, 03:07 PM
Are you not using the rules for Psionics-Magic transparency? If it's resistant to one, it should be resistant to the other (unless you're specifically not using those rules).

I usually do, but I'm not yet sure. Either way I want it to be equally resistant (or at least close as I can get) to both.