PDA

View Full Version : Fate III/Final - HWWITGT! [OoC/Questions thread]

Trixie
2009-12-22, 06:48 PM
Fate III: Hey, we were in the game, too!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/SzFYUjIvfTI/AAAAAAAAABo/goa8PDZp37A/Lanc.png

It was long night. The streets were painted with blood, the tyrants toppled, the resistance of the people finally triumphed over the forces of Evil. All that remained...

All that remained was a lone figure on a rooftop, lit by the lights of a - now free - city.

All that remained was a few untidy, loose plot ends.

All that remained was a question - as if spoken by that silent man:

- Hey, guys, what about us? We were in the game, too...!

Yes, you read that right! By popular demand, Fate/SN WW series will return one last time, to provide a (sort of) closure to the series in the last installment of Fate Trilogy...

...which would be fitting, considering that the original was a Trilogy, too...

...and it will give chance to shine for all characters cut (due to space restrictions) in the previous two F/SN WWs! :smalltongue:

What you might expect? Well, the same as in the previous instances - good game balance, unique powers, cutting edge-rules, and more intrigue than ever!

Game start: ~1 January, 2010, first WW game in the New Year!

Player List:

1. Aemoh
Billtodamax
BishFish
Bookworm
Darkcomet
Elder Tsofu
Fan
Fleeing Coward
Fostire
10. Geesi
Helgraf
Lex-kat
Murska
Oddity
Paul Muad'dib
Rakkoon
Sanity702
TehSheen

Total: 18

Rules:

Rules:
Standard rules - 48 hours for a day phase, everyone points in red at (the most likely) enemy. 24 hours for night phase, every player with abilities and/or kills gets to use them. Repeat until victory or defeat.

Autolynches: Autolynch takes place if player is for 3 straight days. Of course, if you let me know beforehand, we will give you a pass.

Other rules: scry interference, simple majority of votes.

All roles mentioned below will be included in 20 player game. I reserve the right to cut some of them if there is not enough interest, for balance.

Please make note that talking to dead players or roleclaiming might be unwise, due to certain powers.

Places of Power:
To streamline the mechanics of the previous editions (one-use items and power loss) and to follow the fluff closer, this edition features Places of Power (PP for short). There are two of them - Kotomine's Church and Ryudo Temple.

How does it work? During the first day (which will be longer to allow for a bit of diplomacy) please vote for one or two people in blue - one of these votes can be made by PM. Two players with the highest amount of votes then occupy both places. If (for any reason) players think it was a bad idea, they can issue a challenge to one of them. Then, if someone can gather more votes (percentage-wise, to not give too big advantage to early stages of game) during next day and night phases, the defending player is unseated (he can try to gather more votes as well, though, from players who haven't voted for him). Alternatively, you can nightkill/lynch defender and replace him with simple majority.

What advantage does it give? Each PP generates one point per day. For 3 points, you can buy one-time bane, scry, or day vote. For 5 points, you can buy void or 3 day votes. Alternatively, instead of using points you can use "Special" ability noted next to some roles. Also, the player in PP is immune to any abilities save for those used from the other PP (yes, even to scries), nightkills, banes, and lynches.

This, of course, raises a few tactical conundrums - do I push to occupy one? On one hand, this makes me a prime target for nightkills... on the other, for banes, too. And since everyone draws some kind of profit from it, you can't be sure if the current owner is on your team, or not.

Roles:
Team Good(ish)
Tohsaka [Seer] - Again, for the third time, the best mage in the city. One of the two survivors of the previous edition. Her already considerable skills were further improved last time - not that recognizing eight foot tall human with two handed sword as "odd" is difficult, anyway.

Special: Lose the ability to use PP to return one player to life.

Fuji-Nee [Fool] - An expert when it comes to human behavior. Which is part of the problem - she can't read undead spirits at all. Random scries.

Special: You can make scries made on even days true.

Illyasviel - The second survivor. This time, she agreed to act totally serious and actually protect others - which might be a bit problematic, giving her record. Still, let's hope for the best.

Special: Lose your bane this night to gain one daybane this day.

[B]Mitsuzuri [Herbalist] - The best martial artist in the city. Sadly, while she is capable of dealing with any human her lack of magical powers reduces her to baning equivalent of the fool, given the level of the threat, here. Random banes.

Special: You can make banes made on odd days true.

Citizens [Villagers] - Squishy innocent bystanders.

Special: You can gain one (and only one) extra vote for lynch purposes.

Victory conditions: Standard - kill Team Evil.
Team Neutral
Inquisition [masons] - as tradition dictates, there shall be a team of neutral masons. Now with more options and less sadistic victory conditions :smalltongue:

Victory conditions: secret for now.
Team Evil [Servants]
Lancer [Devil] - Really friendly guy.

Like any WW Devil, he can scry one person per night.

Special: One additional kill during his turn.

Berserker - Has... interesting issues.

Like any WW Beast, he can kill his killer.

Special: Immunity to first kill he received in this PP.

[B]Rider [Voider] - Owner of (really) killing looks.

A target loses either day or night actions and cannot speak during that phase. Cannot target the same person twice in a row unless he/she roleclaimed :smallwink:

Special: She generates 2 points in PP.

(True) Assassin [Shadow] - Good when you need a (stealthy) crowd.

Always scries as villager.

Special: Gains one temporary day vote per any night kill to use as needed - but you can "store" only as many of these as the PP has points at the moment.

Team Evil players start not knowing each other. Team Evil has one night kill, with target picked by order of appearance (Lancer/Berserker/Rider/Assassin). Night kill of another Servant fails, and both are placed in contact.

Each Servant has two abilities - only one can be used per night, unless the other is automatic.

Victory conditions: Standard - number of non-evil players equals that of evil ones.
If you're interested, more fluff, names and character descriptions can be found in the opening posts of recruitment and game thread of previous editions.

Co-narrator still welcome.

Murska
2009-12-22, 06:55 PM
Sure, I'll be in.

Trixie
2009-12-22, 07:10 PM
Wow, that was quick.

Anyway, were you 'not in' in even a single game? :smalltongue:

BishFish
2009-12-22, 07:15 PM
I'll be in too.
what are the specifics of this game? (I.E. roles, special rules, etc.)

Wizibirb
2009-12-22, 07:24 PM
for now this zombie is in however that may change.

Murska
2009-12-22, 07:31 PM
Wow, that was quick.

Anyway, were you 'not in' in even a single game? :smalltongue:

I'm very rarely not in. :smalltongue:

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-12-22, 08:15 PM
In. I liked Fate II as well.

The Bookworm
2009-12-22, 08:39 PM
I'll be in, although I'm doubtful that I can understand it one bit.

Darkcomet
2009-12-22, 10:22 PM
In. Hopefully I can actually stay in this one for a while...

Helgraf
2009-12-22, 10:29 PM
I'll give 'er a go. I should be a lot less groggy and out of it this time around.

Aemoh
2009-12-22, 10:47 PM
In again, says I.

Oddity
2009-12-23, 03:11 AM
Ill be in if nobody else desperately needs my spot

Elder Tsofu
2009-12-23, 03:24 AM
*Jumps in through the closed window*
Ininininininininin!!!! :smalleek:

*Sits down on chair*
*Catches breath*

Phew.

I'd like to participate if possible. :smallsmile:

Oh, and I fully expect to go from worst bastard in the game to the second worst, albeit the more disturbing one. :smallwink:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-23, 10:51 AM
In!! :smallbiggrin: Would've joined sooner, but didn't realize the recruitment thread was up. :smallsmile:

Fan
2009-12-23, 10:56 AM
In as well. Even though I suspect myself a early target in these.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-23, 11:07 AM
You and Darkcomet.... I swear. :smallannoyed: Not too much though.

Fan
2009-12-23, 01:23 PM
You and Darkcomet.... I swear. :smallannoyed: Not too much though.

Well. I was joking....

Maybe I should have put a smiley?

rakkoon
2009-12-23, 03:40 PM
In please ta ta taaah

Fostire
2009-12-23, 05:49 PM
Well, I'm already in USB and that won't be ending anytime soon (unless I get killed :smalltongue:), and I don't want to be on two games at the same time.
BUT, if I join this I can say that I was in all the Fate games so... IN! :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-12-23, 06:49 PM
Count me in again.

billtodamax
2009-12-23, 09:15 PM
Sure, I'll give it a go. In.

Guancyto
2009-12-24, 12:00 AM
In for another round of getting carried to victory!

Trixie
2009-12-25, 03:01 PM
[Player list updated]

Irbis
2009-12-28, 08:28 AM
Well... I'd join, but everyone probably still remembers my performance in the previous one :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-28, 01:26 PM
Well... I'd join, but everyone probably still remembers my performance in the previous one :smalltongue:
You were in Fates II? :smallconfused:

Join us. Those that do remember, won't ever forget until you redeem yourself. :smallamused:

TehSheen
2009-12-28, 02:20 PM
Count me in, doc.

Trixie
2009-12-31, 10:53 AM
Player list updated. Did I missed anyone?

Irbis, are you going to play or not? :smalltongue:

Also, list of revised rules added. This time track-intensive one-time powers and power loss rules were removed, and the whole shtick was streamlined. All roles are classic WW roles - the difference in flavor made up by additional powers the players can use in some circumstances.

Much more beginner-friendly, if I say so myself :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-31, 06:49 PM
Yay!! :smallbiggrin:

Trixie
2009-12-31, 07:14 PM
Technically, it has been New Year there for the past 80 minutes so the game unofficially began, but I (and the rest of the world) have a whole night of celebrating (and resting after it) so the opening post will be a bit... chronologically impaired :smalltongue:

So grab the chance of joining the first GitP WW Game in 2010 while you still can!

Happy New Year! :smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2009-12-31, 07:32 PM
Happy new year - I suppose many start the new year so horrible they can so it only can get better. :smallwink:

cd4
2010-01-01, 06:47 AM
Now the rules are up and I have died in world of warcraft I will join this game.
Just one question, if you are voted out of a place of power but had several PP points already accumulated then can you use those points while you are not in the place of power like you could in the place of power? Also do you keep your power points when you leave the place of power?

Trixie
2010-01-01, 04:23 PM
No, the whole total stays in the PP, as it belong to the place, not the player.

Game thread posted, let's hope it will be accepted as quickly as this one. In the meantime, I'll look into role distribution and PM's. Tum te tum te tum.

happyturtle
2010-01-01, 04:38 PM
*joins to make 20*

*begs narrator and team mates not to expect much of me* :smalleek:

Trixie
2010-01-01, 04:42 PM
Great! :smalltongue:

Oh, and btw - Cd4, I'm surprised anyone even bothered to read the rules :smalltongue:

Trixie
2010-01-01, 06:44 PM
Aaand... the PM's are away!

Everyone got one?

By the way - interesting rolls. Heh.

And before Murska/FC or someone else breaks the system - all PM's (and pictures) were taken straight from the role list in the game thread, so no digging there :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-01-01, 06:53 PM
No PM yet.

Trixie
2010-01-01, 07:23 PM
Really? :smallamused:

Yes, our beloved forum sent two posts to wrong people and I had to correct this mess in the meantime.

Game starts as soon as game thread appears, or, it that will take too long, here in 12 hours. You can start sending PM's with votes now, though.

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-01, 07:26 PM
I'll say right now that I'm not campaigning for a PP. I'm campaigning for Murska not to have a PP :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2010-01-01, 07:28 PM
I'd like to be considered for a PP. If only to stop Murska/FC from getting one. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-01-01, 07:32 PM
There are rules? :smalleek:

Trixie
2010-01-01, 07:41 PM
Rules...? :smallconfused:

What rules? :smalleek:

Huh, if there are some, I've never read them. It looks like I'll have to before, say, fifth day :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-01-01, 07:49 PM
That's what I usually do. :smallbiggrin:

Irbis
2010-01-01, 07:54 PM
So, I take that end of my little career in USB means I'm here now, eh, judging by PMs?

That said, I'll not campaign for a PP. I'll campaign for Murska, FC and BtDM not to have a PP! They spoke first, so they must have some ulterior motive! :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2010-01-01, 08:38 PM
My motive was to get my role PM. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-01-01, 08:40 PM
My motive was to get my role PM. :smalltongue:

How selfish of you! :smalltongue:

(On another note, it took me a depressingly long time to figure out how to spell selfish.)

TehSheen
2010-01-01, 08:50 PM
I campaign for a PP because I'm totally selfish. :smallamused:

Murska
2010-01-01, 08:56 PM
Apparently am neutral. Yay.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-01, 09:02 PM
I don't want one. Give it to someone else. Vote for me.

Elder Tsofu
2010-01-02, 02:55 AM
I don't want one. Give it to someone else.
Vote for the handsome guy below me.

Yup, give it to me - there is far to much selflessness around here. :smalltongue:

I will candidate based on not being Murska (whom I expect will step forward soon enough), a mime and for generally not being a "bad" guy (in WW).
If you vote on me you can atleast feel secure that you haven't voted berserker into the temple. :smalltongue:
Or can you? ;-)

Trixie, will you show the results of the polls (the percents) - or will we have to challenge each other more blindly?

Fleeing Coward
2010-01-02, 08:41 AM
Vote for me and I'll give you:

This cute little kitten
http://www.freewebs.com/beware169%5Eposer/cute%20kitten(weee).jpg

Or if you're more of a dog person

These cute puppies
http://www.top-dogs-names.com/images/cute-puppies.jpg

Or if you hate both puppies and kittens

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/026/2/f/I_Prepared_Explosive_Runes___by_Nalan_TheMuse.jpg

Elder Tsofu
2010-01-02, 11:21 AM
Question 2 about challenging:
It seems from the rules that there is no "duel", that is all players voting on just the two. Does this mean that there is a "fixed" system where I as a loyal supporter for the unchallenged player can't effect the outcome without risking to unseat the one I supported?

That is, if the unchallenged players voters scurry over to one of the two competing players with the result that he or she falls down to 3:d place or below in the general ranking - will he or she be unseated or will a formal challenge need to be issued?
(If they can without unseating him/her it would become a duel where all players just vote on their favourite)

Not that it will matter much as I expect that the PP's will shift owners through lynch and nightkills rather than something as civilised as voting. :smallwink:

And FC, your arguments are well below the belt - to sink to such dirty tricks... :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2010-01-02, 01:46 PM
FC ? Two puppies and a kitten with hot sauce to go please

Trixie
2010-01-02, 01:55 PM
Sigh. And to think this thread was accepted almost immediately...

Anyway.

Trixie, will you show the results of the polls (the percents) - or will we have to challenge each other more blindly?

Yesss.

Question 2 about challenging:
It seems from the rules that there is no "duel", that is all players voting on just the two. Does this mean that there is a "fixed" system where I as a loyal supporter for the unchallenged player can't effect the outcome without risking to unseat the one I supported?

That is, if the unchallenged players voters scurry over to one of the two competing players with the result that he or she falls down to 3:d place or below in the general ranking - will he or she be unseated or will a formal challenge need to be issued?
(If they can without unseating him/her it would become a duel where all players just vote on their favourite)

Not that it will matter much as I expect that the PP's will shift owners through lynch and nightkills rather than something as civilised as voting. :smallwink:

Hmmm. Now that I think about it...

All right, for the sake of simplicity let's amend the takeover rules to this:

If someone wants to take over existing/empty PP - ask the GM for Challenge (with a note which PP it concerns). Then, another round of voting ensues during nearest (whole) day phase - and winner takes over the PP (in case of the draw, first draw-breaker is (if any) the person who owned it before, second - who gathered enough votes first). A PP can be freed by nightkill/lynch/challenge.

Oddity
2010-01-02, 04:28 PM
And now for the rise of a copy-pasted message brought to you by Oddity.

I'm going to be away camping until the 10th or so. Please don't auto meee.
Sorry if I miss the game start but ill be back soon enough...

Trixie
2010-01-03, 09:23 AM
Sigh. And to think I praised speedy appearance of this thread.

I'd start the game here, but it turns out the game thread has the only copy of starting narration and updated rules (yes, I haven't considered the possibility of such delay).

Anyone knows/can contact the right mod as Alarra seems to be absent? :smallsigh:

billtodamax
2010-01-04, 04:27 AM
I'll go contact a mod and ask them to look through the structured threads.

Trixie
2010-01-04, 06:01 AM