PDA

View Full Version : It's Teatime!

mabriss lethe
2009-12-22, 09:40 PM
With the holidays fast approaching, I really have an urge to play a Johnathan Teatime (Hogfather) style assassin. I'm thinking CN or CE (more like CE with touches of neutrality here and there) shadowhand swordsage. Anyone know of any options or equipment that would help flesh Teatime out?

Happy Hogswatch!

Gametime
2009-12-22, 10:01 PM
I would peg Teatime as Lawful Evil, strangely enough. He's utterly mad, absurdly cruel, and evilly ingenious, but he follows his own strange code of rules. His actions are mostly motivated by his contract, and he doesn't appear to have any interest in killing without a purpose. He might be the craziest assassin to ever live, but he's still an assassin, and in Discworld they've got laws.

You could get most of the flavor with his odd mannerisms and a willingness to kill people. Remove some of the cruelty and any particular DESIRE to kill people, and you've got an interesting (and off-putting) Lawful Neutral avatar of ambiguously-pronounced death.

Zom B
2009-12-22, 10:10 PM
A long, dark, teatime of the soul?

Zeta Kai
2009-12-22, 10:12 PM
A long, dark, TEE-ah-TIM-ay of the soul?

Fixed it for you. :smallwink:

Temet Nosce
2009-12-22, 10:24 PM
Fixed it for you. :smallwink:

"It's pronounced Teh-ah-tim-eh, sir."
"Everyone gets it wrong, sir."

As far as alignment, definitely LE. He's careful, methodical, and precise. Just... extremely strange. I wrote such a character up back when I first read the book (he's easily my favorite Discworld character), it was... interesting. I never did get to play him though (sheet is probably still buried on my old PC).

Kudos to the Op for reminding me of him...

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-22, 10:59 PM
Should I be worried or pleased that Mr. Teatime is the first thing/person I thought of when I saw this thread's title?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-22, 11:05 PM
Should I be worried or pleased that Mr. Teatime is the first thing/person I thought of when I saw this thread's title?I was scrolling to the bottom of the page to see what I missed, stopped, and came back up on the off-chance that this was what it turned out to be. You're fine.

Anyways, he needs very high mental stats(he figured out how to...inhume... the Hogfather, the ability to one-shot opponents(lots of SA and Craven, plus Shadow Blade), the standard Hide/MS suite of skills, and Intimidate. Very high intimidate. I'd go Factotum or Rogue/SS 1. His build isn't what's important, his character is.