PDA

View Full Version : Hunting an Arms Dealer

Theres
2009-12-22, 10:45 PM
So basically after having many mishaps as being an emergency DM where everyone in the group yells at me for not having anything prepared i decided to rip off my story and make it d&d and removing the guns. so basically the party are a group of mercenaries hired to track down and capture an mars dealer who is supplying rebellious factions( orcs, goblins, bad dwarves, drow, pirates and whatnot) with superior weaponry and siege weapons giving these forces incentive to start a war. the party has a lead to a small northern outpost where the arms dealer was last seen. they can either go by land or by sea either way encountering there own set of npcs and sidequests. i want to make the campaign have lots of twists and turns and some morally gray decisions that will have a major impact on the fate of the colonies and on the rebellious factions. any tips?

Knaight
2009-12-22, 10:53 PM
Yeah. Wing it all, introduce lots and lots of characters going for their own agendas, shift alliances around, and most importantly make sure that you have smart, clever, even ruthless NPCs throwing wrenches into plans. Just let things get to the point where things are a tangled mess, then kick the action into high gear. If your players are anything like mine, that should happen on its own.

deuxhero
2009-12-22, 11:00 PM
Aren't siege weapons made on-site? Why does anyone siege when you are a 3rd/4th level spell away from making a giant gap in the mightiest of walls?

Crafty Cultist
2009-12-23, 01:07 AM
Aren't siege weapons made on-site? Why does anyone siege when you are a 3rd/4th level spell away from making a giant gap in the mightiest of walls?

I agree. magical devices usable in war or that would allow a tactical advantage would be far more dangeorous. and the players might consider taking them for themselves, making for an even more tangled plot

Coidzor
2009-12-23, 01:19 AM
...We're imagining a BBEG who wants to make war so deadly everyone will be scared to wage it now...