PDA

View Full Version : ROCK 'N' ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL- Igneous Thread

Jahkaivah
2009-12-23, 10:55 AM
This game is awesome.

It's a Digipen Project where you play a rolling totem head kinda like Monkey Ball / Sonic the Hedgehog, with the nice touch of it's third level (thats counting the tutorial) being quite possibly the most intense experiance I have ever seen in a computer game.

That level has a bridge that is being torn apart by procedral explosions, you have to keep moving or else the bridge will tear apart under your non-feet. The really cool part being its possible to jump off of the debris that falls and flys off.

My one recommendation is to play this on Impossible at first. The second level is too easy on normal as lava doesn't kill while the third isn't nearly as intense, though the final boss level is very unforgiving at impossible so you probably want to go back to normal at that point.

Here's the main website - http://www.igneousgame.com/

Here's a download mirror in case the one provided on the website does not work. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U1G3L6WR)

You will probably need a decent graphics card to run this.

Zovc
2009-12-23, 11:26 AM
I just watched the trailer on the website. I wish this game had multiplayer...

I will probably try it out.

WillGraham
2009-12-23, 05:51 PM
Thanks for playing! The bridge level was the first thing we made when we started this game design (game started as 3rd person shooter / brawler) and we barely changed it after the initial implementation. After that it was just us trying to make other levels that were as epic as the bridge, which was VERY hard and we went through about 5 levels that didn't stack up. Over all I think the other 2 main levels came out pretty well, but I always come back to the bridge level.

Glad you enjoyed it ;).

OH! that megaupload link you have up is an outdated build, don't use that one.

WillGraham
2009-12-23, 05:53 PM
I wish this game had multiplayer...

We agree haha. Would have been nice but when we switched our game design to run-for-your-life, the engine didn't really support it and we didn't have the time to add it.

Narazil
2009-12-23, 08:32 PM
Tried it for 20 minutes, then I gave up. I have never been more frustrated with a set of controls in my life, seriously.

Domochevsky
2009-12-25, 04:43 PM
Tried it... first impression: stupid resolutioning. 1024x768 fullscreen enforcement on first start? Yeah thanks. How about adding a external config. :smalltongue:
It also takes suspiciously long to actually load and change settings, which is odd.

Second impression: Riveting tune, but this game is not for me. My reflexes suck, so the only way i could get through this is by memorization. :smallsigh: