PDA

View Full Version : Heritage feats[3.5]

RagnaroksChosen
2009-12-23, 11:40 AM
So I was looking through the heritage feats on crystal keep. I was thinking are any of them any good?
I could see some of them being very good for non sorcs...

Like draconic claws and duskblades...

Obviously dropping a spell for a breath weapon is not optimal but how bad is it... are we talking like tier 5-6 or 2-3 still?

Also are there any good combos with spells or other feats that use the heritage feats?

Fishy
2009-12-23, 11:49 AM
Assuming you go Duskblade 20 and are not a human, you will, over the course of your life, learn 23 spells and earn 7 feats.

Draconic Breath essentially trades a feat for a spell known. So, that's bad.

Also, the 'spell' you get from Draconic Breath deals damage, and as a Duskblade, you already have spells that deal damage. Such as, all of them.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-12-23, 12:24 PM
Assuming you go Duskblade 20 and are not a human, you will, over the course of your life, learn 23 spells and earn 7 feats.

Draconic Breath essentially trades a feat for a spell known. So, that's bad.

Also, the 'spell' you get from Draconic Breath deals damage, and as a Duskblade, you already have spells that deal damage. Such as, all of them.

ya duskblade and draconic breathe kinda sucks... but draconic claws is where its at... free claw attack every time you cast a spell...

Glimbur
2009-12-23, 01:21 PM
ya duskblade and draconic breathe kinda sucks... but draconic claws is where its at... free claw attack every time you cast a spell...

I'd rather use a two handed reach weapon.

Yuki Akuma
2009-12-23, 01:23 PM
Wow.

A free claw attack.

How amazing.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-12-23, 01:48 PM
Wow.

A free claw attack.

How amazing.

ya but when you using a two hander and you are channeling a spell into it you get an extra claw. which isn't that bad i meen its more dmg plus when you get your full attack channel at 13 you get the spell on the claw as well.