PDA

View Full Version : First come first serve

Akisa
2009-12-23, 03:56 PM
So I was wondering why do people like to do first come first serve for applications for online rp? I seen group when someone closed interest because enough people posted interest. Aren't you better off seeing a pool of application and pick from those who mesh with the group and looks like they're going to stay?

BenTheJester
2009-12-23, 04:00 PM
So I was wondering why do people like to do first come first serve for applications for online rp? I seen group when someone closed interest because enough people posted interest. Aren't you better off seeing a pool of application and pick from those who mesh with the group and looks like they're going to stay?

They usually don't close when you have just as many players as you need. They often close when you have double or even more applications.

I imagine that this is because they don't want to feel overwhelmed with applications.

Saintjebus
2009-12-23, 04:56 PM
Some people don't want the hassle of picking one person over another, so they do first come, first served as a fair alternative. Generally in that case, the recruitment will stay open not until enough interest has been posted, but when the DM has recieved a full party's worth of completed characters.