PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Decisions

Koury
2009-12-23, 05:51 PM
OK, first things first, I'm am unsure if this belongs here or in Banter. This seems focused enough on RPG to warrant being here, though if I'm wrong I apologize.

Anyway, I participate in the arena matches that take place on these boards and, well, I had an exhibition match end last night that I'm still feeling the end of.

I was so close... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135787)

Is it wrong to feel like... I don't know... That you can't believe something worked out the way it did?

Do any of you have stories like this? Tactical decisions you made that so nearly paid off that you could taste it? Crazy or random choices you made to benefited you much more then you thought they would?

Temotei
2009-12-23, 06:14 PM
OK, first things first, I'm am unsure if this belongs here or in Banter. This seems focused enough on RPG to warrant being here, though if I'm wrong I apologize.

Anyway, I participate in the arena matches that take place on these boards and, well, I had an exhibition match end last night that I'm still feeling the end of.

I was so close... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135787)

Is it wrong to feel like... I don't know... That you can't believe something worked out the way it did?

Do any of you have stories like this? Tactical decisions you made that so nearly paid off that you could taste it? Crazy or random choices you made to benefited you much more then you thought they would?

In a campaign, my character was forced to fight alone because he decided to split from the party to meet with an informant who always has my character go alone. Unfortunately, the informant decided then to reveal himself as my rival...blah blah...ended up in a fight with him. We were only level two, and my character had very little prowess in early level close combat. It was close. Got lucky though! My decision to back up outside and throw my rope tied to my dagger (which was previously done--I had it ready beforehand) up to the balcony of the same building was great, because I hit the balcony side (I aimed for above the balcony, so I could climb up quickly and hopefully escape) and ended up swinging into the guy with my rapier at the ready. That was kind of funny. :smallbiggrin: See? You don't have to be a swashbuckler to be a swashbuckler.

Koury
2009-12-23, 06:34 PM
Nice. Sounds like it was epic. I've always loved creativity in fights.