PDA

View Full Version : Help me find just the right weapon to give my NPCs...

dyslexicfaser
2009-12-23, 09:37 PM
I'm looking for a weapon (preferrably a spear, but that's not set in stone) or item that will let a fairly ordinary level 6-10 paladin NPC get a hit reliably on an AC 35 monster (30 of which is Natural Armor). A bonus would be to also grant the ability to get through DR 15/Epic.

Money is no object, of course, I can just handwave it away as being an artifact of their order or whatever (yes, I realize I could just handwave the whole thing, but I want to have something ready in case the PCs get their grubby mitts on one).

I originally had high hopes for the Brilliant Energy special ability, but it turns out it only gets through 'armor', not 'natural armor'.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-23, 09:42 PM
Snag the SotAO feat and the Wraithstrike spell. Doesn't help with DR, but the only thing that does IIRC is a +4 Bane weapon.

Grumman
2009-12-23, 09:46 PM
The Impaling ability lets you make touch attacks with a piercing weapon 3/day.

Bob
2009-12-23, 10:00 PM
well, when I think of touch attacks i think of deep impact, but that is a feat. It would be fun, though, to have an intelligent magic weapon that can gain psionic focus like a psicrystal, and also give the weilder access to psionic feats. A fun little way for nonpsionic characters to play with the psionic focus mechanic. For your purposes, obviously, one of those feats would be deep impact.

on second thought, that should probably some kind of psionic weapon.

Coidzor
2009-12-23, 10:00 PM
Bows can get the force enchantment on them so that they turn their ammunition into force effects that ignore DR.