PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Class/Alignment Combination

Fenlun
2009-12-23, 10:41 PM
Just wondering what everyone's favored Class/Alignment is to play as :smallsmile: Race can factor in too.

My preference is a NE Wizard (Gnome Illusionist)

(Edit: Apologies if one of these already exists v.v)

tahu88810
2009-12-23, 10:47 PM
NE Wizard (Leaning towards CE), or CE Wizard

There is nothing more fun than being able to do anything you want, and not having to hold to a moral code in regards to it.

Superglucose
2009-12-23, 10:51 PM
CN Wizard, yo!

Fenlun
2009-12-23, 10:56 PM
This forum seems to enjoy its Wizards :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-23, 10:58 PM
TN swordsage, don't know why.

Roukon
2009-12-23, 10:59 PM
I like CG/CN rogue myself. Usually more neutral over good, though.

Later Days,
Roukon

Mando Knight
2009-12-23, 11:00 PM
Classic Paladin. It's just what comes naturally.

d13
2009-12-23, 11:26 PM
LE Sorcerer. Wonderful.

Achilles
2009-12-23, 11:29 PM
I love my TN Druid. But I also had lots of fun with my CE Dwarven Rogue named Shimmerbeard (said Shimm-uh-beard). He would rape and pillage and enslave and do whatever his greed led him to do. One time he roofied and raped the entire party before selling them into slavery to the Temple of the Goddess of Pain. Shimmuhbeard!!

SurlySeraph
2009-12-23, 11:37 PM
Lawful Good human paladin.

Gralamin
2009-12-23, 11:38 PM
3.5: LN Wizard
4e: Neutral Tactical Warlord.

Fenlun
2009-12-23, 11:40 PM
I love my TN Druid. But I also had lots of fun with my CE Dwarven Rogue named Shimmerbeard (said Shimm-uh-beard). He would rape and pillage and enslave and do whatever his greed led him to do. One time he roofied and raped the entire party before selling them into slavery to the Temple of the Goddess of Pain. Shimmuhbeard!!

The fact that he is a mere 3 ft. tall-ish is what scares me :smalleek:

3.5: LN Wizard
4e: Neutral Tactical Warlord.

I always find it hard to play Lawful as a Wiz/Sorc (like the one stated above)

Coidzor
2009-12-23, 11:43 PM
We're always favorably inclined towards the drifter walking the earth archetype, and we are rather partial to the free spirit of chaotic neutral and we've had a couple of ranger-based characters (one was a horizon tripper) in 3.5 D&D.

Sort of working out the kinks in what we'd most love to pair with a more LN interpretation of a ronin, we imagine ToB would be all but necessary to do it right.

ClockworkMoon
2009-12-23, 11:46 PM
CE Human Bard

Fenlun
2009-12-23, 11:47 PM
CE Human Bard

I have to ask: What's your Perform specialty :smalleek:

Nohwl
2009-12-23, 11:48 PM
lg archivist

Temotei
2009-12-23, 11:52 PM

Scream sing?

My favorite...I don't know. I find CG hard to play, so that's not it. I like being a jerk in character, so either CE, NE, or LN. CN is great too, just because that's the crazy alignment. :smallbiggrin: It's funny, because the good alignments are most synergistic with my own life. Specifically, NG. My favorite combination is probably CN cleric or wizard.

Zaydos
2009-12-23, 11:54 PM
Chaotic Good Wizard, usually with a tendency to steal from the rich and give to the poor (this has caused DMs to have mayor's mansions full of golden spoons in a town with only middle class... somehow I was talked to about my alignment for robbing the mayor and giving 2/5ths to the poor[we did not then know the town had no poor] and my LG companion who suggested it and kept it all for himself was not...).

Actually my friends describe me as a paladin in real life, but I always play Neutral or Chaotic. I can play LG, honestly I can do so better than anyone I know when I want to (except maybe one friend who when he actually role-plays ends up LG whether he wants to or not), but I just don't like it; the character is usually boring and does less interaction. I do want to try a LG paladin or religious fighter sometime though.

Fhaolan
2009-12-23, 11:57 PM
CG Bard or Ranger... Possibly Bard/Ranger... Kinda a Celtic-themed non-neutral Druid, when you boil it all down.

Glimbur
2009-12-23, 11:57 PM
NG Gnome Bard.

Superglucose
2009-12-23, 11:59 PM
I have always preferred to be the "power behind the throne" rather than the one in the hotseat, so to speak. It's because I like helping people but if I shoulder the responsibility myself I'll either kill myself or drive myself crazy second guessing every choice ever. It's not that I'm a bad leader, I'm just a leader all the time amongst my friends and I don't like doing it in game.

Sadly, party leadership always falls to me. Always.

And yes, I know that Wizards are known for "soloing encounters" but I prefer to play a battlefield control wizard who relies on the fighter-type to finish enemies off. It lets them get their win.

Fenlun
2009-12-24, 12:10 AM
CG is a hard alignment to play IMO, mainly because its hard to be good and not just chaotic :smallbiggrin:

And I've been looking over Epic Spells *drool*, and I still stick by my Evil Wizard.

AslanCross
2009-12-24, 12:38 AM
CG Human Warblade or LG Warforged Knight/Crusader.

ClockworkMoon
2009-12-24, 12:45 AM

Yeah, typically something very painful.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-24, 12:46 AM

Perform (monologue) obviously :smalltongue:

My personal favorite for play is Neutral Rogue. Sometimes Chaotic Neutral. It's pretty cliche, I know (and normally I try to stay away from cliches) but I love rogues, and the dnd alignment system doesn't really sit well with me and when you're neutral its not something you wholly have to worry about. Unless you plan on eating babies or sacrificing yourself for an NPC.

Kelb_Panthera
2009-12-24, 12:46 AM
LN Monk, I like a challenge :smile:

Coidzor
2009-12-24, 12:53 AM
Perform (monologue) obviously :smalltongue:

My personal favorite for play is Neutral Rogue. Sometimes Chaotic Neutral. It's pretty cliche, I know (and normally I try to stay away from cliches) but I love rogues, and the dnd alignment system doesn't really sit well with me and when you're neutral its not something you wholly have to worry about. Unless you plan on eating babies or sacrificing yourself for an NPC.

Or sacrificing yourself to a life of eating babies for an NPC. :smallwink:

Deth Muncher
2009-12-24, 12:56 AM

Unless they live by the coast. Then there's a unilateral hate. :P

Solaris
2009-12-24, 12:57 AM
CG mount-focused human fighter. He's lost more horses to pesky dragons than it woulda taken to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again, but darn if it ain't more fun than it should be - especially in a dungeon crawl.
LG paladin with the battlecry of "Blood for the Blood God!" The exploding heads shower all with shrapnel as he screams that out... then donates it all to the poor.
NG elven wizard who's too snooty to be bothered to actually cast a spell - making things die is what he has the self-propelled wagons and his golems for.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-24, 12:57 AM
Or sacrificing yourself to a life of eating babies for an NPC. :smallwink:

Some people would call that true Neutral

Fenlun
2009-12-24, 01:51 AM
CG mount-focused human fighter. He's lost more horses to pesky dragons than it woulda taken to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again, but darn if it ain't more fun than it should be - especially in a dungeon crawl.\

But... but they're so tasty...

Coidzor
2009-12-24, 02:36 AM
Yes, the good thing about horses is that they make very fine cooking as well.

Dragons are a bit hit or miss, depending upon the color and age though.

Blacks are right out considering what they'll mostly have been subsisting on, living in swamps. :smallyuk: Worse than bears about tasting of whatever they've lived off of, dragons are.

Harperfan7
2009-12-24, 04:32 AM
CG elf scout/transmuter/swiftblade

or

CG gnome rogue/illusionist/arcane trickster

Cyanic
2009-12-24, 09:43 AM
LE Wizard and CN Warblade

Foryn Gilnith
2009-12-24, 09:44 AM
LG Human Paladin. It's just such a challenge. Gets the brain pumping.
Some variety of amoral mage is also fun, at the right levels.

IonDragon
2009-12-24, 09:48 AM
CN Sorc.
I like to play blasters, no matter how bad they are. It's the MMO player in me, I love me some *pew*.

Flyingfox
2009-12-24, 09:50 AM
I'm having lots of fun with my current CG swordsage, with an emphasis on the chaotic. NG druids are also a favorite

alisbin
2009-12-24, 10:01 AM
i've got 2, LE Rogue/Assassin and TN Telepath/Thrallherd.

Optimystik
2009-12-24, 10:04 AM
Some of my favorites:

CG Conjurer/Malconvoker who quite naively believes that the lower planes are inhabited by fools, due to his ease at ordering demons around.

TN Transmuter/Binder/Anima Mage, constantly on the run from persecution by witch hunters and enemy binders alike.

NE Warlock/Ur-Priest/Eldritch Disciple, who seeks to revive his dead god (Myrkul) even though it might result in him losing his priestly powers.

LG Kalashtar Monk/Psywar/Quori Nightmare with the Tashalantora feat, that seeks to stop the Inspired at all costs.

Frozen_Feet
2009-12-24, 10:23 AM
Chaotic Good Human Ranger / Horizon Walker... and Lawful Good Human Fighter.

Samb
2009-12-24, 10:45 AM
In terms of flavor?

CN or CG wilder
TN or NG psion
LN druid
LG crusader or pally
CG rouge
NG warblade, cleric
any evil wizard (just can't picture a wizard being anything but evil)

Optimystik
2009-12-24, 10:48 AM
any evil wizard (just can't picture a wizard being anything but evil)

What about Gandalf? Or Albus Dumbledore?

Fishy
2009-12-24, 10:48 AM
I've been on a Lawful Good Ranger kick, and I don't know why. Sort of a 'I know these woods and you don't, so it's my responsibility to make sure everyone gets out of here alive. So we can go drinking afterwards.'

Roderick_BR
2009-12-24, 05:12 PM
Lots of "_E"s around here...
Paladin player here. As my friends say, even when I'm not playing a character with the paladin class :smalltongue:

Samb
2009-12-24, 05:35 PM

Ah good point, I stand corrected, good wizards can exist.

erikun
2009-12-24, 05:47 PM
NG Gnome Ranger/Wizard. Not that I've actually ran that specific class, but a lot of my characters end up similar or close to the concept.

Good-aligned Paladin/Cleric and anything Psionic are also pretty common.

jseah
2009-12-24, 05:57 PM
LG Wizard or Archivist or Artificer

Idealist Librarian/Tinkerer who can't tell what harm to society his ideas do.
Then again, Magic as Tech is one of the primary reasons I play D&D. So...

Munchkin-Masher
2009-12-24, 06:37 PM

Bah! have you ever seen Gandalf in a fight? He is clearly a Wizard 2/fighter 18

Also Albus Dumbledore is dead. That's where being good got him.

Fenlun
2009-12-24, 07:20 PM
NG Gnome Ranger/Wizard

How's that workin out :smalltongue:?