PDA

View Full Version : Loot Flaunting Thread

Exeson
2009-12-24, 12:01 PM
Well, some cultures I know open their 'wrapped boxes of mixed surprise' on Christmas eve so I might as well put this up now.

Everyone likes to brag... or complain (:smalltongue:) so here is the thread to show off all the loot you have gathered. Happy Christmas!

:smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-24, 12:27 PM
So far, the only thing I know I'm getting is a drawing from my Lion friend of my two favorite Clone Wars character taking part in adult behaviors.
I am excited.

Mattarias, King.
2009-12-24, 12:39 PM
I think I'm getting a 4e DMG, so that's pretty cool. :smallbiggrin: I'll feel like I'm a real DM! Now I just need a PHB! :smalltongue:

Ilena
2009-12-24, 12:43 PM
Lol i know im getting a necklace from a friend .... and aside from that, i get a wonderful gift from work! being told that im working xmas! woot! paid for sleeping as whos going to call on xmas? *highly sarcastic comment please disregard :P*

reorith
2009-12-24, 01:25 PM
i got a rock

Gamerlord
2009-12-24, 01:27 PM
I haven't opened my presents yet, but I hacked into my mothers amazon account so I already know:
4e adventurers vault
Dungeon masters screen
5 MTG 2010 booster packs.
$25 or more amazon gift card
Socks :smallannoyed:
T-shirt, but I bet it has a dragon on it :smallbiggrin: ! She knows my favorite shirts are those with dragons on it.

Perenelle
2009-12-24, 01:27 PM
i got a rock

ahaha. :smallbiggrin:
that was the Charlie Brown Halloween episode though! wrong holiday! :smalltongue:

xyzzy
2009-12-24, 01:29 PM
The only things I know for sure are NaNoWriMo winner's t-shirt and a 1.5 TB external hard drive, because my parents are the awesome kind who accept that they have no idea what to get me and just ask :smallbiggrin:

Gamerlord
2009-12-24, 01:31 PM
The only things I know for sure are NaNoWriMo winner's t-shirt and a 1.5 TB external hard drive, because my parents are the awesome kind who accept that they have no idea what to get me and just ask :smallbiggrin:

Mine are like that too, except they tell me to give them my wish list and they will pick stuff from it, this year's list was big.

Quincunx
2009-12-24, 01:40 PM
We exchanged our presents today and will open the box from my family tomorrow.

For him: Dragon Age: Origins (PC), Legend of Zelda 'it was the last copy in the store so I grabbed it without paying attention to the subtitle' (Wii)
For me: Gift card for online fabric retailers. When I went to one of them today, it listed a clearance of the online fabrics, 65% off everything still in stock. :smallbiggrin:

Good times all around!

xPANCAKEx
2009-12-24, 01:55 PM
haven't got a clue what else i've got, but i know im getting a pair of these:

http://www.espyclothing.com/images/prodpic-2461a-180-230.jpg

Mauve Shirt
2009-12-24, 02:42 PM
I have received a jar of bees. I know I'm getting plane tickets. This has been a really screwy Christmas season, so I don't know what else I'm getting tomorrow.

Phae Nymna
2009-12-24, 03:12 PM
I still have between 16-20 hours before anyone in my family opens a present.
In the mean time, we're all wrapping things like crazy.

Zar Peter
2009-12-24, 03:16 PM
Three Singstar DVDs, two books and a Winter Jacket (+ scarf).

And Son 1 is playing with his new DSi and the other two kids are sitting around him laughing so I think it was a pretty cool christmas.

Moff Chumley
2009-12-24, 03:43 PM
I got an EHX Memory Boy! :smallbiggrin:

d13
2009-12-24, 03:43 PM
Santa tends to forget about me pretty often, being that I'm the oldest son/nephew/etc in the family, so I'm supposed to be giving the little ones with the rest of the adults.

At any rate, I always get a present or two, but it's still 7 pm here, so I'll have to wait another couple of hours.-

drakir_nosslin
2009-12-24, 04:03 PM
Since we had decided that there would be no Christmas gifts this year, and that we should spend the money on doing something together, the whole family, so far my gifts include: Free food, free lodging, nice people, honey and a box with After Eight.

I'm totally happy and I haven't spent a single time trying to come up with gifts, and I know that no one else has either. No stress and no worrying that I've bought the wrong things. :smallwink:

xPANCAKEx
2009-12-24, 04:22 PM
I got an EHX Memory Boy! :smallbiggrin:

thats some tasty goodness

Dispozition
2009-12-24, 04:38 PM
I know I'm getting the newest Robert Jordan book, and one of these (http://s7ondemand7.scene7.com/is/image/FossilPartners/JR9121_main?$fossil_detail$). I might also be getting a photography book, and I think that's it. Pretty small christmas this year :P

I'll be finding out for certain in about...2 hours, tops.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-24, 04:42 PM
I got a subscription to a gaming magazine.

I also got my parents paying for my trip to Japan with the People to People Student Ambassador Program, although I do have to pay them back. (Not that I'm complaining. $7000? A lot.)

But still, a gaming magazine! :smalltongue:

Froogleyboy
2009-12-24, 04:43 PM
It's only 4PM here so I gotta wait :(

Mystic Muse
2009-12-24, 04:59 PM
I KNOW I'm getting Start of darkness.

not entirely sure what else other than a Dice bag.

Exeson
2009-12-24, 05:25 PM
Well, I have to wait still as well, although on the 22nd my girlfriend took me ice skating at Somerset House, which was amazingly beautiful. :smallbiggrin:

The Orange Zergling
2009-12-24, 06:10 PM
My haul this year consists of:

-Somewhere Out in Space & No World Order by Gamma Ray
-The Essential Weird Al Yankovic
-The Forgotten Goddess by Echoes of Eternity
-God of War I & II for the PS2
-Magic of Incarnum & Complete Scoundrel for 3.5e
-Mythbusters Collection IV DVD
-A book called "Orcs" which appears to be a novel
-and a calender for 2010

It is a truly glorious day. :smallcool:

Dispozition
2009-12-24, 06:11 PM

I own this, but haven't read it yet. Does look very good though. If you like fantasy novels, you'll probably enjoy it :P

Dragonrider
2009-12-24, 06:37 PM
My family doesn't really "do" Christmas, but my grandma gave me three Cat Stevens albums (I had the MP3s but not the physical disks, which I've been wanting since forever) and a "Harold and Maude" DVD. :smallbiggrin: It's lovely.

Escef
2009-12-24, 06:45 PM
I got a new suit from my Mom. It was an early present, but I'll likely end up needing it for interviews. (Just got out of the Army and will be shooting resumes at three-letter agencies.)

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-12-24, 06:46 PM
I've not yet left for Christmas looting, though did get one present today. Stopped at McDonalds for lunch while at work and forgot my wallet at home. Cashier gave me a burger for free :smallsmile:

The Rose Dragon
2009-12-24, 06:49 PM
We get New Year's presents instead of Christmas.

So yes, I'm 6 days behind all of you Christmas-observing folks.

Exeson
2009-12-24, 07:29 PM

That is a very very good book. It is actually the book that got me into Fantasy Novels.

Lappy9000
2009-12-24, 07:37 PM
I have received a jar of bees.:smalleek:!!!

...:smallconfused:?

Tar Palantir
2009-12-24, 07:40 PM
I got Left 4 Dead 2, some D&D minis, a real DM screen (I've been using a cut-up cardboard box :smallfrown:), and a collapsible hand cart to cart (ha) around all my D&D stuff. Not a bad haul, all things considered.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-12-24, 07:43 PM
Thus far, I've received a Yellow Submarine ornament and 1600 Microsoft Points (which I used to buy Rubber Soul for Beatles Rock Band) from my best friend, and about $80 from assorted friends and relatives. The rest remains to be seen.

Renegade Paladin
2009-12-24, 07:48 PM
So far, the only thing I know I'm getting is a drawing from my Lion friend of my two favorite Clone Wars character taking part in adult behaviors.
I am excited.

You're a strange, strange rabbit. :smalltongue:

We opened presents tonight due to work tomorrow (working in the service sector sucks that way) and I got a pile of books, namely Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day (I'm a baker; it'll be handy), A World Lit Only by Fire by William Manchester (a history of the medieval period), The Men Who Stare at Goats (my brother thought I'd find it hilarious, and he's probably right), and Nickel and Dimed, which Dad thought I should read not knowing that it was assigned to the entire freshman class when I entered college. :smalltongue:

GallóglachMaxim
2009-12-24, 07:51 PM
I got a six month gym membership, sunglasses and a chocolate orange, I'm happy.

Now to set up my parents' new GPS for them.

KuReshtin
2009-12-24, 08:05 PM
I was sent a couple of limited edition Swedish chocolate bars (Marabou Winter), a keychain from my sister with the ingraving "F*** you, you F***ing F***" (I LOL'ed when I read it. She knows me so well). Also I got two DVDs based on the Swedish writer Stieg Larson's novels ("The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "Men Who Hates Women") and I got a bunch of money that allowed me to buy an XBox 360 Elite.
I also got a candy cane (yummy goodness).

Pyrian
2009-12-24, 08:15 PM
...adult behaviors.Ah, Christmas pr0n, nothin' like it. :smallbiggrin:

I'm... I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting, aside from cookies (which I already polished off). :smallconfused: I think there's a camelback and hopefully some chocolates. I'm a little annoyed that I got a grand total of one non-work-related holiday card. :smallyuk: Ah, well, my family is all in Hawaii and I already went to go see them earlier in the month. :smallcool:

Dispozition
2009-12-24, 08:53 PM
My predictions were 100% accurate! The photography book is absolutely awesome. 600 pages of photos that, in the next 4 or so years, be used obsessively in assignments and what not in Uni :D

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-24, 09:12 PM

You're a strange, strange rabbit. :smalltongue:
Don't you judge me!

>>

Renegade Paladin
2009-12-24, 09:15 PM
Don't you judge me!

>>

*Judges*

:smalltongue:

Eldan
2009-12-24, 09:20 PM
Well, I'm visiting the relatives tomorrow, so I'll get most gifts then, probably, but today I got all four Red Dwarf Novels from my brother and a box of cookies.

Nice.

Gullara
2009-12-24, 09:58 PM
So far I've got boxers, PJs, a piggy bank thimg that counts your change, and some candies. I get the best stuff tomorrow hopefully. Apparently my brother got me something awesome but it is still coming in the mail so it'll be a bit late.

EDIT: To whoever said they got Orcs, its a very good book read it asap, also its parts of a series although that's not imediatly apparent.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-12-25, 12:13 AM
Mmm, is that the chocolate orange that you smack on the table and it splits into sections of chocolatey orange-flavored goodness?

Dispozition
2009-12-25, 12:17 AM
Mmm, is that the chocolate orange that you smack on the table and it splits into sections of chocolatey orange-flavored goodness?

Best ever. I got one of those too. Everyone in the family gets one every year though. Totally tradition now.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-25, 12:18 AM
We opened one present tonight, the rest to be left til tomorrow.
I got Inglorious Basterds from my Dad.
I r pleased.

Extra_Crispy
2009-12-25, 01:29 AM
Since Christmas is for the kids, I'm getting very little. I bought stuff for my neice and 2 nephews, giving some money to my grandmother. Got a few things for the girlfriend, she said she got a couple of things for me but more inportant is the fact that Saturday she is comming over and we are going to spend the whole day watching movies, and holding each other. That is my idea of a perfact Christmas, sitting around with the one you love in your arms.:smallbiggrin:

Trog
2009-12-25, 02:05 AM
For Christmas I got two very happy boys. They liked the Wii it seems. :smallsmile:

Lucky
2009-12-25, 02:19 AM
While I haven't officially received it yet, I will be getting a very nice Ottawa Senators jersey.

It should look something like this. (http://www.icehockeyjersey.com/assets/images/nhl/Ottawa-Senators-Premier-Home-Jersey.jpg)

Lorn
2009-12-25, 04:44 AM
14th/15th century German combat manual, originally by one Hans Talhoffer.

It is awesome.

I am currently considering the prospect of fighting simultaneously with a spear and bastard sword because of it... except I don't know of a system that'll allow me to do so aside from the age old "f***ing around with implements of a pointy nature." Ah well... sure I can find someone.

Lord Herman
2009-12-25, 06:54 AM
We don't really celebrate Christmas with presents here, but my uncle did give me a cunning hat. It's not quite the colour of the one worn by the hero of Canton, but it's very cunning nonetheless.

Viera Champion
2009-12-25, 07:06 AM
I won't tell you everything I got. Just the beatles stuff.

The Beatles Revolver album
The Beatles Please Please Me album
The Beatles Love album
The Beatles White Album jigsaw puzzle (Yeah. Thats right.)
One Beatles shirt of my choice off the Internet. (I asked for one that had the full Seargent Peppers album cover on it.)

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-25, 07:13 AM
Ahhh, I remember the joy of getting Beatles paraphernalia.

Now I have too much of it, so no one can buy me anything more, for fear I already own it :smallfrown:

Nameless
2009-12-25, 07:14 AM
Dark Moor- Autumnal album
Code Geass- Season 1 DVD box set
Awesome shirt
Chocolate
Wrist band

Dogmantra
2009-12-25, 07:22 AM
I got a lot of books, including And Another Thing from my Godmother, which will be brilliant even if it ruins the series: it'll give me new snarking material for months.
A stylish hat
Guitar Hero 5 (sort of a joint present: my dad tends to buy Guitar Hero games for "me" though he and my brother both play them just as much)
A new dressing gown, and slippers, neither of which are pink and fluffy, much to my dismay.
And the cream of the crop: a new Ukulele with a fancy case, and tuner so I don't have to keep chasing after people to borrow theirs. I feel like a proper musician now that I own more than one of my chosen instrument.

Reinboom
2009-12-25, 07:25 AM
The Beatles White Album jigsaw puzzle (Yeah. Thats right.)

Ooo, I'm envious. That has to be an amusing puzzle.

Nomrom
2009-12-25, 07:51 AM
Well, we open presents at eight in the morning here in my family. Before that time no one is allowed out of their rooms. So, I'm sitting here on my bed with my laptop trying to kill one more hour. So far the only thing I know I'm getting is my own blender.

Lioness
2009-12-25, 08:00 AM
A Green iPod NaNo, which I shall load with tons of classical music.

Bwahahaha.

And I didn't get anything else, because all I wanted was the iPod.

GallóglachMaxim
2009-12-25, 08:06 AM

The very one. I'm saving it for a situation deserving of orangey chocolate-on-table smashing goodness.

Dvil
2009-12-25, 08:37 AM
I got:
a little Guiness set thing (with a can, a mug, two beer mats and a stress ball)
2 comedy DVDs (Ross Noble and Russel Howard)
Monty Python's Life of Brian
A dog IQ tester
A 16GB mp3 player (15GB better than the current one), with leather case
An Adidas set of deo, cologne, and shower gel
Three musical pegs (for playing outside)
and finally, a musidoku book.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-12-25, 08:38 AM
I didn't really have any presents, but after the rest of the family opened their presents, my wife let me go back to bed and sleep in while she watched the kids. For another 2.5 hours. Ahhhhh, sleep.

Trobby
2009-12-25, 08:43 AM
It's T-minus 45 minutes to unwrapping, and I know of two things I'm getting:

1: No More Heroes for the Wii
2: An entire new computer that may or may not come today.

While computerage reduces my total present get, I still look forward to opening my gifts this morning. :3

thubby
2009-12-25, 09:29 AM
i got a really nice combination head set and mic.

Froogleyboy
2009-12-25, 09:56 AM
I woke my mom up at 4 in the mornin to open my presidents.
My haul:
The annual monster compendium, first volume (for AD&D 2e)
The Spelljammer boxed set in original packaging (which I actually let out a loud SQUEE when I opened)
A PSP!!!
I was so excited

randman22222
2009-12-25, 10:02 AM
I got a Boss digital delay pedal! Now I can sound like The Edge! :smallbiggrin:

Oh. And some Argyle socks with Union Jacks on them. I personally think that they're amazing.

Two Sting albums. I only lack two now.
Yellow Submarine! :smallbiggrin:

Tons of chocolate.

EDIT: How could I forget?! A promise for a Fender Jaguar. :smallbiggrin:

We gave and received many smiles.

thorgrim29
2009-12-25, 10:37 AM
I got films (Basterds, OSS 117, diner de cons and Kaamelot season 1), Cosmic Egg from Wolfmother, Alice Cooper's along came a spider, a very nice pair of leather gloves, a few Sci fi books I had never heard about (Illium by Dan Simmons and Anathem by Neal Stephenson, my dad hit the jackpot a few times while buying me random books, but sometimes he misses it). Also a bunch of gift cards and cash (for the boxing day Amazon binge). Plus I still have one batch of presents to open.

And a little frustration: My brother and I decided to buy a very nice bottle of port (a 1980 Offley Coheira) for our parents, and our aunt bought them the exact same bottle.....:smallfurious:

The Demented One
2009-12-25, 10:40 AM
I have got a massive tome of poetry sitting next to me on the desk. It starts in 2000 B.C. with some pre-Gilgamesh stuff, and ends in the 20th century. *Happiness.*

zeratul
2009-12-25, 10:52 AM
I got

The sagas of the icelanders (translation of all the icelandic sagas)
Supernatural Season 2
A collection of W.H. Auden poetry
Rum Sodomy and the Lash by The Pogues on vinyl
The Telling Pool by David Clement-Davies
Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness by smashing pumpkins
The complete magnolia bakery cookbook
Battles of the Medieval World
Dragon Age: Origins

a pretty good haul this year

Trobby
2009-12-25, 10:58 AM
Well, besides this shirt that I'm wearing right now, I seem to have covered the majority of my haul.

Can't use my new computer yet though, with two brothers both trying to sleep in the same room, and their luggage blocking access to that computer.

...Mmm...I know I shouldn't be rude about this, but I kind of wish I had something to use. I've got this shirt, and not much else to do but watch my sister play "Boogie" on the Wii. :/

Closet_Skeleton
2009-12-25, 11:13 AM
I got some cheques, a £10 Games Workshop voucher and some headphones.

KilltheToy
2009-12-25, 11:22 AM
I got:

-An Xbox 360 Arcade (I have no complaints. It's better than nothing) and Call of Duty 4, The Beatles: Rock Band, and Transformers
-A watch from Fossil
-An unabriged German dictionary (I want to learn German. I'll be needing this)
-A box of Chaos Space Marines :smallbiggrin: (Not the battleforce I wanted, but it's still better than nothing.)
-This shirt (http:/http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=8943/)

And other things. I am appeased.

Gamerlord
2009-12-25, 11:23 AM
Correction, that gift card is $50, awesomesauce.
What I'm buying with it:
Star wars galactic battlegrounds saga jewel case
Star wars jedi knight jedi academy jewel case.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-25, 11:29 AM
-Chocolate
-Lady Gaga; The Fame Monster
-The Eagles; Long Road Out of Eden
- New Moon Soundtrack (say what you want about the movie, the music was most awesome....except for you Metalheads and your overwhelming numbers in the Playground. You'll say what you want about the music, anyways :smalltongue:)
- Edward Scissorhands DvD
- Inglorious Basterds DvD
- long, thick socks
- makeup
- OMG MORE MEMORY FOR MY LAPTOP YAY
- Abbey Road poster (My sister and I share a room, and she didn't realize I already had one v.v)
- another Let It Be tshirt, except this one is made for women, unlike any of my other thirteen Beatles tees
- a cage for the rat I want to get someday (My friend Ruben got it for me =) )
- a bag with the cover for the Rolling Stones on it. With Sean Penn. Um.
- Two fuzzy coats
- vanilla lotion (mmm, vanilla...)
- gum
- an ice scraper for my car. The day after the snow storm...

Ilena
2009-12-25, 11:44 AM
Hmmmm myself i told my parents i didnt want anything but dad bought me an emachines lcd 19inch monitor (bigger then my lg 17 that i bought myself 2 years ago) i dont like emachines but its the thought taht counts, and im going to bake both my parents a cake tonight :P and probably a bunch of cookies too.

Quincunx
2009-12-25, 11:49 AM
The American presents: A cute little statue of two birds, the annual kitsch Christmas ornament (mini snow globes, this year), cash which will be saved for the next visit as it's in USD, and extra-large bubble wrap which popped loud enough to wake up our housemate. Sorry about that. Somewhat. :smallamused: Poor guy's working today. Be kind if you have to petition something in-game.

@V: It wasn't so much that we doubted as that we couldn't picture what you meant, even taking it literally. . .those are certainly bees.

Mauve Shirt
2009-12-25, 11:50 AM
I got a German language keyboard, some nice German books, the new Star Trek movie, Patrick Stewart performing A Christmas Carol, and a brand new Cribbage board!
Not to mention a few neat things in my stocking, like a new deck of cards and some excellent jewelry!
And some people doubted the jar of bees present, so here is a picture.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs134.snc3/18141_1175177859345_1225020560_30803521_3395408_n. jpg

blackfox
2009-12-25, 12:04 PM
LEWTS:
Couple of hand trainers (prohands.net) for rock climbing
Couple of <insert college here> shirts
Moneys
New set of climbing shoes
FUZZY JACKET (http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Product.aspx?top=1828&prod=3703&cat=1843&viewAll=False)
Some collages of cutouts from the local newspaper of the concert I missed for a midterm :smallsigh:
A calendar of Celtic mandalas
Really nice Norwegian yarn and Norwegian knitting patterns (thanks Dad, can't read Norwegian :smalltongue:)
A frying pan (?!)
A pair of shiny earrings
A pencil box with Yoda on it
A hedgehog ornament
A book on how to make origami boxes
A book about the band U2
A couple of CD's
Another book on knitting, this time in English
A rattlesnake soldered out of a bike chain
A book called "The Predictioneer's Game"
A tortoise carved from tagua nut
Assorted edibles

Morty
2009-12-25, 12:14 PM
Yesterday, I was given a shirt, a set of weighs and a pair of sport drawers to wear while skiing and cycling. Tomorrow, I'll get the gifts from the other half of my family.
My sister however, was given an album with 1001 pictures of cats.

Perenelle
2009-12-25, 12:15 PM
So far I've gotten:

Star Trek Interactive Tribbles
Laptop stand thing
Chop Saver Gold (http://www.chopsaver.com/)
Itunes Gift Cards
Ipod skin
Electronic candle that you blow on and off
This (http://www.cafepress.com/+conflict_resolution_womens_dark_tshirt,188203508) Shirt
Freeze dried astronaut ice cream
Lord of the Rings poster
Pair of earrings
Dolphin Necklace
and a Blue Star Trek shirt :smallbiggrin:

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-25, 12:26 PM
I got..

WoW: Wrath of the Lich King

and... Well, that's really it. :/

UnChosenOne
2009-12-25, 01:03 PM
What I did got yesterday?
-Dr. Strangelove dvd
-Fahrenheit 9/11 dvd
-Blackadder dvdbox
-English dictionary

randman22222
2009-12-25, 01:23 PM
What I did got yesterday?
-Dr. Strangelove dvd
-Fahrenheit 9/11 dvd
-Blackadder dvdbox
-English dictionary

Ahhhh. Dr. Strangelove was a funny film. :smallsmile:

Pyrian
2009-12-25, 01:34 PM
I got Belgian Filled Chocolates. ...I wonder if they're filled with real Belgians? :smallcool:

Recaiden
2009-12-25, 02:06 PM
I got:

-A duffel bag
-5 books: Smoke and Mirrors, Shadow of the Giant, I am the Messenger, The -Den of Shadows, and 1 other. :smallbiggrin:
-Games: Xenosaga Ep. 1&2, Majesty 2, Mountain Climb :smalltongue:
-Binoculars :smallsigh:
-A light :smallcool:
-A pocket knife :smallamused:
-Nail clippers :smallconfused:
-Candies :smalltongue:
-Cards
-Zen garden thing
-An umbrella

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-25, 02:16 PM
Reccy; Xenosaga is one of my favorite games. Actually, its more like an interactive movie cause of all the really long cutscenes, but I really, really like it.

Eldrys
2009-12-25, 02:39 PM
I just got the AD&D Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Masters Guide!!!

Mary Leathert
2009-12-25, 02:40 PM
Well, I did get some chocolate and couple of books (a book on Japanese cooking and something about great thinkers throughout history), my first MP3-player, a wooden salad bowl, and some other stuff.

But the presents I'm really excited about have not arrived yet. Those are a Nintendo Wii (black version, with Motion Plus and Sports Resort, though the game is there just because it was part of the set; which is in the mail) and OotS: Don't Split the Party (which hasn't arrived at the local retailer yet).

onthetown
2009-12-25, 03:12 PM
My mom bought a Wii for the family because she became obsessed with having one after she saw the Raving Rabbids game... She got me Wii Music and my stepdad Blazing Angels, and in return I bought her the Raving Rabbids game. She absolutely loves it.

Apart from that I got a popcorn popper, hand mixer, potato masher, and BBQ fork for my hope chest (where I put things that I'm saving for when I move out and get my own place), some diamond jewellry from my father and a gift card for our favourite restaurant (we go to it every week... guess it's my turn to start paying :smallamused: ), some merchandise from my cousin's band (since I'm a huge fan of it), lots of chocolate, a bottle of white wine made by my uncle (I'm a huge fan of that, too :smallbiggrin: ), and the usual clothes and soap and a random hairbrush. Any other girls around here only get hygeine stuff in their stockings every year since they were 13?

All that is despite my mother swearing that she wouldn't be buying anything but the Wii and games. She can't resist shopping. :smalltongue:

Ilena
2009-12-25, 03:14 PM
I know the feeling! Go down to get a pair of pants and ..... well you gotta get a matching top .... and then theres this ... and that .. oh thats on sale .... :P

onthetown
2009-12-25, 03:17 PM
Heh, I'm not much of a clothes shopper myself, but all of my scrubs match each other perfectly and can be accesorized with various pens I own :smallbiggrin:

I almost forgot! My mother also bought me a little mug that says, "Just because I'm a medical secretary doesn't mean I want to hear about all your ailments." I'm a ward clerk, but it's still cute.

Ilena
2009-12-25, 03:35 PM
I agree :P But ya im not much of a shopper either but mom is ....... spent 8 hours walking around the main event 2 years ago, a horse sale place, we went around the entire place ... at least 5 times at least :P had to have looked at each thing at least twice :P

Mauve Shirt
2009-12-25, 03:38 PM
Loot update from aunts and uncles. I now have a beanie with musical notes on in from the Alice Springs beanie festival, a nice silver bracelet, and an easy recipe cookbook.

onthetown
2009-12-25, 03:40 PM
I agree :P But ya im not much of a shopper either but mom is ....... spent 8 hours walking around the main event 2 years ago, a horse sale place, we went around the entire place ... at least 5 times at least :P had to have looked at each thing at least twice :P

Oh, lord, don't even get me started on my horse... I cannot go into a tack store or any store that is remotely horse-themed without finding $300 worth of "presents" for my horse. I don't even go into those stores around Christmas anymore unless I need a new bag of treats.

Jacklu
2009-12-25, 03:45 PM
*Ahem*

1 Passion Pit album, Chunk of Change
1 ODST soundtrack
1 Pack of 12 socks ( =3 <3333 I lurvs new socks)
1 Pack Appropriate undergarments
1 Bottle Shampoo/conditioner
1 Gillette Razor with two replacement heads
2 V-neck T-shirts, neutral earth colors
1 Exacto knife
3 Exacto knife blades
1 Copy of Sun Tzu, The Art of War
1 Copy Eoin Colfer, And Another Thing...
1 World of Warcraft; The Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
1 8 Gigabyte Flash Drive
1 Jar of pasta sauce
1 Fedora, black, two sizes too small
1 Picture, drawn by mah Big Brother Moon_Called

A very nice haul for me this year. ^_^ I'm gonna go put on mah new socks and purr now.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-12-25, 03:47 PM
So, um. I got some loot from the girlfriend a while ago in the form of white chocolate Tim Tams and really nice tea.
Other then that, I don't get many (if any) loot this year - mostly by request, but I have acquire loot for people!
None of my family nor friends of the family are itP, so I feel free in listing them here.

Older Brother:
Brass Pocket Watch. It has a train design on the front cover. My older brother has always kinda liked trains. It's weird.

Younger Brother:
Spore Heroes for the Wii. This is in addition to the Wii he's getting (today-ish) that I also chipped in some cash for.

Mother:
2000 or so Yen worth of various delicious teas from the Shizuoka prefecture. The girlfriend picked it out for me. This meant she spent hours in a tea shop taste-testing a bunch of different teas. She enjoyed this, as well.
I'm also bringing some soba and soba sauce type stuff. Soba. :smallbiggrin:

Girlfriend:
I gave her ichimon yen and set her loose in a store in Harajuku. She walked away very happy.

Dad:
I... I actually don't have anything for him, yet. I'll figure out something remotely gift-like soon, I guess.

Recaiden
2009-12-25, 03:55 PM
Reccy; Xenosaga is one of my favorite games. Actually, its more like an interactive movie cause of all the really long cutscenes, but I really, really like it.

It's been about 2/3 cutscenes, but so far I like it.

I now also have:
-A book of graph paper
-A toy spider:smallbiggrin:
-Socks

Ilena
2009-12-25, 03:57 PM
Oh, lord, don't even get me started on my horse... I cannot go into a tack store or any store that is remotely horse-themed without finding $300 worth of "presents" for my horse. I don't even go into those stores around Christmas anymore unless I need a new bag of treats.

theres a good reason why i avoid going to stores :P i barely have enough money to pay for training (im learning to train horses, and training my two at the same time) though mom does enough shopping for the both of us ... each horse has 3 blankets, then 1 or 2 winter ... and a cooler .... 3 horses , she hasnt started working on the 4th yet though ... though that one is dads :P

Pika...
2009-12-25, 04:05 PM
$40 and some ugly pants I will take back for more monies.

All this monies will be put away for a very special gift which I will hopefully get to give next Xmas. :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2009-12-25, 04:15 PM
I got $20.00 from my grandmother, a set of dice from one friend, and 2 sets of dice (1 set is metal) and a dice bag (okay the metal set came in its own bag) as well as the old movie version of Dune from my parents. Oh and 2 candy canes from my grandmother. And I bought myself a new set of dice for the first time in 5~6 years.

TheWerdna
2009-12-25, 06:59 PM
I got Borderlands, Left 4 Dead 2, Crysis Warhead, and Bioshock for the PC, aswell as assasins creed 2 for the Xbox

Besides those games i got some DvDs and a few 3.5 D&D books

Lupy
2009-12-25, 07:08 PM
I got an authentic and SCA approved 11th century Norman spangenhelm! :smallbiggrin:

http://i46.tinypic.com/161nrew.jpg

The card with it was the OOTS "Night before Christmas" one too! I also got Don't split the party and some other less stick figure-i-fied reading.

Pika...
2009-12-25, 07:23 PM
I got an authentic and SCA approved 11th century Norman spangenhelm! :smallbiggrin:

http://i46.tinypic.com/161nrew.jpg

The card with it was the OOTS "Night before Christmas" one too! I also got Don't split the party and some other less stick figure-i-fied reading.

Who are the SCA?

I could use a DM hat. :smallsmile:

Solaris
2009-12-25, 07:45 PM
I'm a single guy with a job and no dependents. Every day is Christmas for me.

Lol i know im getting a necklace from a friend .... and aside from that, i get a wonderful gift from work! being told that im working xmas! woot! paid for sleeping as whos going to call on xmas? *highly sarcastic comment please disregard :P*
If it makes you feel better... Last Christmas, I had to roll out on a mission. I had to spend all of the Christmas before that guarding a different unit's building because the Brigade didn't want them to spend Christmas away from their families. Clearly, though, they had no problem doing the same to us and provided a flimsy excuse of 'their guys got in trouble playing with the forklift while guarding the building'.
This Christmas, though, I actually managed to not get screwed over by the Army and was able to take leave. I don't expect that to happen again for a long time.

Who are the SCA?

... Kids these days.
Society for Creative Anachronism. Basically, much more hardcore LARPing. The fighting is the best part.

d13
2009-12-25, 08:19 PM
My not-so-phat lewts...

* A pair of socks. (This never gets old :smallsigh:)
* A new wallet (I needed one, so :smallsmile:)
* A new jean (woohoo ~~ :smallbiggrin:)
* A suit, that I'll be using in my step-sister's marriage in two weeks
* A cool t-shirt
* Random After Shave/Deodorant/etc pack (another thing that never gets old :smallsigh:)

Still waiting for my GFs present, that has not arrived yet, and my father promised he would be getting me something, so... 'twas better than the expected stuff :smalltongue:

Lupy
2009-12-25, 08:51 PM
@Solaris. That's harsh. You aren't stuck on a boat in the Persian Gulf though, so there's that at least.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-12-25, 09:36 PM
*8 gig iPod touch (I named it Ringo, to go with my computer which is named George [there's a reason for that] and my 360 named John [no reason])
*Dragon Age: Origins
*Lego Rock Band
*Batman: Arkham Asylum
*Soul Music
*New headphones
*Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's Greatest Hits (?)
*Microfiber head-towel thing
*New pajamas
*Assorted candy and money

Best Christmas ever? Yeah, I think so.

Escef
2009-12-25, 11:13 PM
A few bucks, a gift certificate, and a GPS.

Edit: And the suit I mentioned earlier, of course.

Partof1
2009-12-26, 12:08 AM
Monies from grandparents
CDs (Cosmic Egg-Wolfmother, The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon-Pink Floyd)
Book- Star Wars:Deathtroopers
New iPod Nano
Movies(Spiderman 3, Transformers 2, Indy 4, Monty Python[Holy Grail, Life of Brian, Meaning of Life])
Hoodie, 2 shirts, new pj pants
Candy
Wii Mario Bros.
Nerf Tommy Gun

I love Christmas.

Froogleyboy
2009-12-26, 12:19 AM
I just got back from my mom's relatives family, and I got:
Books: 7 things smart teens do (actually an awesome page turner), Global warming, A killing in comics
And my great grandpas army uniform (it's a fancy, he might have been a general) from WWII

Solaris
2009-12-26, 01:08 AM
@Solaris. That's harsh. You aren't stuck on a boat in the Persian Gulf though, so there's that at least.

This is true. This year I got to spend two grand on tickets to fly home - I don't think I'll be doing it again next year. My little brother's leave ended just a day before mine began, which was a great source of holiday cheer considering the Army hasn't let us see each other in about three years now.
Ahh, the military. The only place where one-upping each others' tales of holiday suck is a hobby that can consume hours.

And my great grandpas army uniform (it's a fancy, he might have been a general) from WWII

Pics? I'm fair sure the history buffs here could ID it for ya.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-12-26, 02:35 AM
Would also like pics of great-grandpa's uniform. The patches on the shoulders will tell you what unit he served with.

Felixaar
2009-12-26, 02:40 AM
Loot update from aunts and uncles. I now have a beanie with musical notes on in from the Alice Springs beanie festival, a nice silver bracelet, and an easy recipe cookbook.

Alice Springs Beanie Festival?

Why would anyone wear a beanie in Alice Springs? It's HOT.

Ah well.

I got books and book vouchers (which I used to get books), so now have a big thick Thesaurus, the Illiad, Under the Dome and Pirate Latitudes.

Also, a piglet for a developing country. Woo!

Em Blackleaf
2009-12-26, 02:44 AM
I got so much lewts. The best being an XBOX 360 (finally) along with many many games to play on it; Bioshock, Brutal Legend, Dragon Age: Origins, The Orange Box and Assassins Creed. My brother got Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC. My dad promised to get us XBOX Live.

I got a new digital camera, which my dad had already ordered just before fixing my old one (He'll be keeping my old one). The new one is much better.

I got a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card along with $30 cash. That $50 gift card adds onto the $25 one I already had from my birthday. Even $75+ to spend at B&N doesn't seem like enough. :smalltongue:

I also got several SD cards. I now have 9GB of SD card memory. Everyone had the same idea that I like taking pictures. :smalltongue:

Then I got a bunch of other stuff like school supplies, makeup, jewelery and a stuffed dalmatian. You know, what you'd imagine when you think 15 year-old girl. :smalltongue:

Best Christmas ever. :smallsmile:

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-12-26, 02:51 AM
Also, a piglet for a developing country. Woo!

Ah, Heifer International (http://www.heifer.org)?

Ninja Chocobo
2009-12-26, 02:58 AM
Welp.

A rug.
Some pyjamas.
Socks! :smallbiggrin:
A T-shirt.
A wet-pack with toiletries.
Some teas.
$30 Dymocks gift card.
$30 JB Hi-Fi gift card.
$50 Hoyts gift card.
$70 off an outstanding debt.
$500.

O'course due to expenses that last one will probably only last me a month. Oh well.

I got Belgian Filled Chocolates. ...I wonder if they're filled with real Belgians? :smallcool:

It's the bones that make it crunchy.

Boo
2009-12-26, 03:19 AM
I got Meet the Spartans as a special gift...

I didn't know what to say...

It was so...

As much as I love my father, he doesn't understand that a) That movie... is not worthy of being called a movie, b) I have taste, and c) My sense of humour isn't so low.

He got me Postal too, but that movie was very bearable. Once.

All in all it was a good Christmas for presents; I'll have my own graphics tablet by New Year at the latest, and we got a Wii Sports, so yeah, it wasn't so bad. Still: "Meet the Spartans"? Really? I would have preferred Die Hard or anything by Tim Burton (I did get Sweeney Todd). Or Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. That was a good film (kids films can be good too!).

I got my brother an L. Ron Hubbard book as a joke gift (It was a dollar and came with it's own special bookmark, I couldn't resist!). I think he appreciated it. I also got him an additional version of "How to Host a Murder". That's 2 out of ??? versions.

For my mum... I got her a snuggie because it was funny, and I don't doubt she'd use one. I also got her some nicer things (mostly for lounging since she really loves to).

For my da, I got him boardgames. He's always complaining that we don't spend enough time together as a family, so yeah: boardgames.

Me brother and I both received a non-brand name MP3 player. Haven't tried it yet.

Oh, and we baked all day. We now have about five pounds of cookies, three of macaroons, and three more of desert-y appetisers.

Lioness
2009-12-26, 06:16 AM
Girlfriend:
I gave her ichimon yen and set her loose in a store in Harajuku. She walked away very happy.

Woah. Cool.

I wish I was your girlfriend.

Leon
2009-12-26, 07:00 AM
Unseen Academicals
3 Shirts (Selected on Xmas Eve by Me...)
a Jar of Baileys Fudge
a $20 Angus & Robertson gift card
Tolkien Treasury
Death at a Funeral DVD
Perdido Street Station (at least i hope... haven't got it yet but its what i asked for - the people buying that one can be a mite unpredictable, once given a list with a wide and varied selection of music i would potentially like i was given a CD of band that my cousin likes and thus they thought i would... i did not)

thorgrim29
2009-12-26, 12:36 PM
Loot update:

Using the money I got, I just placed a pretty big Amazon order , to buy:

-The Graveyard book by neil gaiman
-Princept's fury and First Lord's fury by Jim Butcher
-Orcs, the omnibus
-3 Cain books (those after the omnibus)
-Rome, the complete series
-Jeckyll, the complete series
-The Mounty Pyton holy trinity (Holy grail, meaning of life, the life of brian)
-best of the Yoshida Brothers
-The return of the Black company by Glen Cook

Manicotti
2009-12-26, 12:54 PM
apparently, all of my friends got either a Snuggie or a Kindle. I was in the former group. :P Mine is beige, and I can now impersonate a butterscotch pudding (or Jabba the Hutt, I suppose).

Also got 150 bucks, a ton of peanut butter-oriented candy, a booklight, a set of pajamas (seriously, they're comfy), and some kind of super electric toothbrush.

(I used some of the cash to buy myself the novel Dune and a leather fedora. I can't wait.)

Falgorn
2009-12-26, 01:35 PM
I got
The Orange Box
Left 4 Dead 2
GTA IV
GTA IV: TBoGT and TLaTD
Fallout 3
Ork Codex
Spiffy new Sweatervest
Clothes
Jammies!

Pyrian
2009-12-26, 02:17 PM
Manicotti, you got a snuggie and pajamas? :smalltongue:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-12-26, 02:29 PM
Let's see here...

New headphone set, to defend my ears from the jagged edges of my old ones
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies 1-3, also that newer, CGI TMNT
New mitts, to defend my hands from the ravages of Saskatchewan winter
LEGO Star Wars Republic Cruiser, the big red-and-grey ship that drops dropships
Super Mario Bros. Wii
One decoractive iron-wrought tree
One old Bionicle Dude (Phantoka Chirox)
Three Star Wars 3 3/4" figures
Revenge of the Fallen Devastator

And now I need to find room for Devvy and the big Cruiser.

Manicotti
2009-12-26, 02:33 PM
Manicotti, you got a snuggie and pajamas? :smalltongue:

Yep.

dark green 2pc pajama set + beige snuggie from the same package.

Edit: I suppose it would be apropos to also flaunt what I got for other people. :P
This shirt (http://www.headlineshirts.net/da-vinci-rock-man.html) was for my sister.
This shirt (http://store.xkcd.com/xkcd/#XKCDcollegestyleshirt) is for my best friend.
And I'm making this (http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/) for her best friend, whom I have a mild crush on. (I will see them both on New Year's Eve)

arguskos
2009-12-26, 02:34 PM
2 sweet hats (pics will be forthcoming eventually, when I stop being lazy).
$550
A $150 card to an electronics depot.
A new wallet.
The 2009 Swarovski star. We collect them, Mom and I.

Yes. A very nice haul this year, if I do say so myself. :smallcool:

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-12-26, 02:35 PM
Here's my list of loot!

1. Wolfhound, a 2006 fantasy film from Russia. :smallcool:
2. 2 LED stoplights so I can practice doing 90-degree parking this year! :smallbiggrin:
3. Two D&D t-shirts from Jinx! :smallcool:
4. A tin of Penguin Caffienated Mints (a family favorite!) :smalltongue:
5. A box of Andes Mints :smalltongue:
6. A gift card for Barnes and Noble :smallsmile:
7. A new pair of Adidas shoes :smallsmile:
8. The card game, Apples to Apples :smallsmile:
9. Some pajama pants :smallsmile:
10. A chocolate Santa and two white chocolate and marshmallow snowmen :smalltongue:

loopy
2009-12-26, 02:42 PM
I got:

- Tickets to X-Qlusive Technoboy, a big Q-dance rave held on the 19th, it was epic.
- Spending money for the rave.
- Digital camera.
- Nice shirts and stuff, my sister has good taste, they make look good.
- The new Star Trek movie and Serenity on DVD.
- More money.
- Loads of chocolate.

Kurien
2009-12-26, 04:35 PM
Clothes.
A book consisting entirely of LOLCAT images.
A gift card for select book stores.
A box containing a piece of chocolate shaped like a letter ''K'.
A printer.
A small stack of blank paper with a picture drawn by my cousin.
A tie.
A polished rock attached to some string, a pendant of some kind.
Candy.
Lucky Money.

golentan
2009-12-26, 04:46 PM
I got Bucky balls. (http://getbuckyballs.com/)

The potential for magnetized evil is wonderful, and I've already used them as a molecular structure demonstration.

Adlan
2009-12-26, 05:40 PM
14th/15th century German combat manual, originally by one Hans Talhoffer.

It is awesome.

I am currently considering the prospect of fighting simultaneously with a spear and bastard sword because of it... except I don't know of a system that'll allow me to do so aside from the age old "f***ing around with implements of a pointy nature." Ah well... sure I can find someone.

Talhoffer is a good manual, lovely illustrations. Not the best for your first though (it was my first manual), very complex some of the stuff.

I've seen spear and main gauche fighting, which is very nasty. Never heard of it done with the Bastard sword though.

I got a Bag of Rocks and bone (A dozen best norfolk flint blanks, a new grist stone, a copper tipped antler flaker and a leather palm pad).
A hammock
A chocolate orange (Traditions FTW).
Socks (which I am greatful foor, military action boot socks. One can never have too many good pairs of socks).
A new Victorinox swiss army knife and leatherman
A copy of unseen academicals
A Powerball
a Copy of Hugh Fearnely-Whittingstall's Fish book.
a copy of Keep Calm and Carry on.
A DVD of Neverwhere.
A copy of Maximum Offence.

I'm most please with my Bag of Rocks (one set of Flint Hunting Arrowheads comming up.) and my Hammock, because hammocks are kickarse.

And my leatherman, it's awesomesauce. unfortunately, not legal for street carry.

Thufir
2009-12-26, 06:04 PM
I got:

£10
£15 amazon voucher
Chocolate (Nom)
4 Collections of Stoppard plays (Thank you amazon.com)
CD of Evelyn Glennie performing Veni Veni Emmanuel (Probably good, though not as good as seeing it live in the Sage Gateshead)
Order of the Stick Adventure Game (Hell: Yeah)
It's Alive! (Thank you KuReshtin and the York UKitP meetup for introducing me to it)
Carcassonne: Wheel of Fortune (Yeah, the meetup kinda influenced my suggestions for possible presents)

Pretty good, all in all. I didn't want too much in the way of books or DVDs, since I have something of a backlog of things I need to read/watch without adding more. However the Stoppard collections are excepted because A) I've read them before, and B) They're brilliant.

Darius Midnite
2009-12-26, 06:27 PM
I got myself:
- A pre order on Bioshock 2. (Exuberance! It shall arrive on the release date)
- A new desk chair, since the last one broke.
- A bottle of fine Laphroaig 15 year old scotch.
- New drawing equipment.
- A selection of clothes.

I am quite satisfied. :smallbiggrin:

Is there a threat that focuses on what you have given too? I wonder.

Quincunx
2009-12-26, 06:54 PM
That's this one also. Never says you have to only flaunt your own loot. :smallwink:

Veg Sorbet
2009-12-26, 07:06 PM
I pretty much got the usual; a boatload of edibles, a couple of books, some cash, a machete, and some folk music.

CrimsonAngel
2009-12-26, 08:10 PM
Some pokemon, a gameboy with internet, some legos, and a... transformer?c:smallconfused:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-26, 11:08 PM
Book- Star Wars:Deathtroopers
That's the Star Wars book with zombies, right? Lemme know how it is, please =)

IsaacTheHungry
2009-12-26, 11:47 PM

I am working on getting you a DM hat remember.

I would have gotten it done by christmas if it wasn't for the fact that my first 2 designs would have shocked you or lit the hat on fire. :smalleek:

Boo
2009-12-27, 12:05 AM

I would have gotten it done by christmas if it wasn't for the fact that my first 2 designs would have shocked you or lit the hat on fire. :smalleek:

Flaming hat. Just get a fedora and attach some tubes to reroute gas (5 places would be good, but 3 will do--must be uneven for effect) equip some materials that don't heat up easily, or are not as kenetic as a simple flame. ...I'm not being very clear. The point is: FLAMING FEDORA!

Alternatively: Cover a leather hat with metal plates, and connect those to a battery (and other little bits that I can't remember at the immediate moment). Route the battery to a switch under the hat (behind so it still looks nice), and then you'll have yourself some shockin' style. Just make sure to only use the hat when punishing players for suggesting/doing stupid things. Also: Bad Pun-ishment.

Eon
2009-12-27, 12:26 AM
1) Assassin's Creed 2
2) Warcraft III Battlechest (which I am REALLY bad at :smallfrown:)
3) D&D Jones Soda
4) Dungeon and Dorks comics
5) laser pointers :smallbiggrin:
6) Dungeons and Dragons animated series
7) 4 D12s
some more stuff that's i can't think of at the moment:smalleek:

smellie_hippie
2009-12-27, 08:35 AM
Mountain_Faerie and I got each other...

Twin Peaks Gold edition box-set (with intros by the Log Lady and the SNL skit)
some CDs
lots of chocolate
plenty of coffee
and cash (which will obtain Left 4 Dead 2, and a Nerf Longshot :smallbiggrin:)

The kids get a new Bass Amplifier and a new Laptop

oh yeah....... and we still count our new house as a Chrsitmas present. :smallamused:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-12-27, 08:37 AM
How wrong is it that I read:

Twin Peaks Gold edition box-set (with intros by the Log Lady and the SNL skit)

as

Twin Peaks Gold edition box-set (with intros by the Trog Lady and the SNL skit)

:eek::smalltongue:

V: Hmm, yeah. But the first mental image...Not so much. ><

smellie_hippie
2009-12-27, 08:41 AM
That's actually pretty funny...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AzT5pruwnbg/RsTUjuUwhfI/AAAAAAAAB5M/o9Lcz3Muh6c/s400/LogLady1989.jpg

I can promise you that Trog doesn't look anything like her. she has hair

Trobby
2009-12-27, 08:49 AM
My Loot Update:

Grandma's House proved to be a valuable journey in loot-getting, as both my grandma and my secret Santa provided some much-needed omph to my holiday loot. I got:

-A Wireless Gamecube controller
-A Tom & Jerry Cartoon DVD
-A gift card for $25 for a game from Toys-R-Us
-Sweet Relaxation pants
-$50 check

As for what I got for OTHER people...

-For my Sister: The original Chipmunk Movie (The one with balloons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chipmunk_Adventure)
-For my older brother: New Drum Sticks
-For my older older brother: A book "by" Kermit T. Frog. I think it was called "Bein' Green".
-For my Mother: Garfield Holiday Collection on DVD (It has the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas ones. She likes the Halloween one best).
-For my Dad: The Sims 3: The Island for the Wii. (He really likes simulation games. I just hope this one doesn't absorb him TOO much.)
-For my Grandmothers: A tin of green tea for each one.
-For my Secret Santa: Coffee and a Moose-themed decoration. (Really, me and all my siblings are pretty poor this holiday season. So we got what we could for each other and our parents actually took care of our secret santas.)

KuReshtin
2009-12-27, 08:52 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot. I traded some dice away for two souls.

I got RPGsr4me's soul from the man himself, and I was promised smellie_hippie's soul by Archonic Energy in return for some leftover meet-dice.

smellie_hippie
2009-12-27, 08:55 AM
I don't believe I signed for that transaction KuReshtin... :smallamused:

KuReshtin
2009-12-27, 09:01 AM
I don't believe I signed for that transaction KuReshtin... :smallamused:

I'm not fussy. :smallwink:
After all, you offered RPGsr4me's soul for the same dice.

Lorn
2009-12-27, 09:09 AM
Talhoffer is a good manual, lovely illustrations. Not the best for your first though (it was my first manual), very complex some of the stuff.

I've seen spear and main gauche fighting, which is very nasty. Never heard of it done with the Bastard sword though.
The book has good stuff in; I've got enough experience to be able to work out, for the most part, what's going on in the images. Plus, a lot of other people in my re-enactment society use it which helps no end.
(The LARPers, however, do not. This will be fun :smallwink:)

And aye, sadly, there's no real way I can do it.. The Talhoffer style seems to emphasise throwing the spear ASAP, which is really not recommended when you're using metal. Even if it is blunt.

Pika...
2009-12-27, 10:09 AM

Well, the BBEDM needs some backup plans in case his subbosses fail. :smallwink:

Assassin89
2009-12-27, 10:13 AM
I received the following on the 25th of December

A slinky
Toy Story Midway Mania for the Wii (More of a family gift)
A The Argyle Sweater 2010 Calendar
Two shirts
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Some peanuts
$100

I think my list will update around New Year's.

EmeraldRose
2009-12-27, 10:13 AM
I am very happy with my loot!

Wii Fit Plus <3
Torchwood second season
Torchwood Children of Earth
Terry Pratchett Unseen Academicals
iTunes gift card
Plants vs Zombies

:smallsmile:

Reinboom
2009-12-27, 12:24 PM
A Pen & Mechanical Pencil set with my name engraved on it.
A sketch pad
A statue kitty bank who's outside is a chalk board and the ball of yarn is the eraser. (so cute!)
A 6 pack of Ramune
A new gothic lolita dress
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (my games list requires specific things =P)
A hug from each of my siblings in the area
A friend from the playground who is spending a few days here

Overall, very good =D

CrimsonAngel
2009-12-27, 01:22 PM
Oh i forgot, i got the new oots book too.

smellie_hippie
2009-12-27, 06:57 PM
Plants vs Zombies

:smallsmile:

I got this for Mountain_Faerie for her birthday!! Awesome Game!!!!!

Voldecanter
2009-12-27, 07:15 PM
Let's See I recieved

100 dollars from my grandfather
A big flat screen t.v
A new Printer for University
2 Minature Wiener Dog Calendars
Some Dutch Chocolate
Snow White Collector's Edition
Phantom of the Opera DvD
Slippers
House Coat (It seems I get one of these every year)
Sensitive Shaving Gel
A reader's Wrap
Oh and a random hand flashlight

and District Nine ; But gave it to my father right when I saw it because it is one of the most disturbing movies I have seen since the Silence of the Lambs , since my sister accidentally got my dad a blue ray dvd of star trek I cancelled out her mistake .

I was very surprised that I got what I did because the only thing I wanted for Christmas this year was Robert Jordan's The Gathering Storm ; and it's Audio Tape by the Same Name .

Makensha
2009-12-27, 07:19 PM
10 Cds + 3 songs (Total count at 127 songs)
Bass Effects Pedal
Buffalo Jerky

EmeraldRose
2009-12-28, 06:31 PM
I got this for Mountain_Faerie for her birthday!! Awesome Game!!!!!

I absolutely love it! We had gotten the download before, but lost it when our computer got the stupid virus. Now I have the disc, so it will be on both pcs...

Ah, the hours that will be spent blowing up zombies with vegetables....

Arutema
2009-12-29, 03:06 AM
I got:
A GPS
A sweater
A pair of PJs
The latest Discworld book
The latest Hitchhiker's Guide book
And...
2 copies of Start of Darkness, putting me at 3 total. Oops!

Manicotti
2009-12-29, 11:16 AM
I got:
2 copies of Start of Darkness, putting me at 3 total. Oops!

I'll trade you candy for one of them :P I got a Hershey's Pot of Gold.

Cyrion
2009-12-29, 11:26 AM
My sweetie took me to Cancun for Christmas. We played on the beach; snorkeled; floated down an underground river; saw sea turtles, sharks, porpoises and more iguanas than you could shake a stick at (they seem to be Mexico's answer to pigeons), and a Mayan field hockey game in which the ball was on fire. :smallcool: Best Christmas as an adult!!

Thufir
2009-12-29, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I also got a pair of slipper socks. Lovely warm feet.

Mauve Shirt
2009-12-29, 11:28 PM
And the last gifts have been received, and they are a lovely pair of earrings from my grandfather and a gorgeous Coach bag from my cousin.

Arutema
2009-12-29, 11:53 PM
I'll trade you candy for one of them :P I got a Hershey's Pot of Gold.

I have too much candy already, but I'd be happy to trade them for the non-prequel OOTS books.

Manicotti
2009-12-30, 02:08 AM
I have too much candy already, but I'd be happy to trade them for the non-prequel OOTS books.

Damn. :P I have none of the OOTS books, or I'd totally swap. SoD is the one that I'd actually go out of my way to get.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-01-04, 03:45 PM
My boyfriend got me a Mace Windu Force FX lightsabre.

There is much happy nerdom in my life.

CMOTDibbler
2010-01-04, 09:17 PM
I gots me a Yoshimoto Cube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQtbcgBWobA)!
So... Awesome...

Sneak
2010-01-04, 09:38 PM
For Christmas I got a nice sweater, some socks, a dress shirt that actually fits, a reading light, and a $50 Amazon gift certificate.

For Hanukkah, I got

Album, by Girls
American Water, by Silver Jews
The Biz, by The Sea and Cake
Boxer, by The National
Dear Science, by TV On The Radio
Another copy of For Emma, Forever Ago, by Bon Iver, which I will probably give to someone else.
Golden Daze, by The Wildbirds
Post-War, by M. Ward
Sound of Silver, by LCD Soundsystem
And a whole lotta Bob Dylan.

Christmas wasn't terrible, but Hanukkah was very, very good to me.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-01-05, 12:51 AM
How about... a handmade chainmail dice bag, from my oh-so-awesome cousin? And one of his first 3 d20s, in celebration of me starting to play D&D?

(Also, Beatles Rock Band, Last Night on Earth, 4eMM2, 4eAV, Monty Python Fluxx, and some new speakers.)

Sneak
2010-01-05, 06:59 AM
How about... a handmade chainmail dice bag, from my oh-so-awesome cousin? And one of his first 3 d20s, in celebration of me starting to play D&D?

(Also, Beatles Rock Band, Last Night on Earth, 4eMM2, 4eAV, Monty Python Fluxx, and some new speakers.)

Wait, there's a Monty Python Fluxx?

You lucky, lucky bastard. :smalltongue:

Crispy Dave
2010-01-05, 09:23 AM
I got a good haul this year. Most likely because I shopped for myself ;)

Xbox 360 game-Brutal Legend
Xbox live points
Xbox controller
World of Wacraft Wrath o the Lich King.
Taco bell gift card for $20
Radio Shack gift card for $20
and best of all...Shamwows

reorith
2010-01-07, 11:54 PM
a kinda weird gain since i don't celebrate either, but i picked up a Lee Enfield Mk. III as a combination christmas/birthday present. that is the extent of my loot. at least there is a parallel universe where people are glad i'm alive. oh well.

Assassin89
2010-01-07, 11:58 PM
So updating using the stuff I got on New Year's

Bag of assorted stuff
A pot
PEZ dispenser
Sweatshirt
Some checks
Domino's gift card for $20
Remote controlled helicopter
Ornament with $50 inside

EndlessWrath
2010-01-08, 12:25 AM
I give props to the monty python fluxx.

Christmas and my birthday are not far apart. 11 days to be exact.

So.. I got the Memories Anime movie. I got the David Hasselhof version of Jekyll and Hyde dvd from broadway, I got a book or two that are cool and some money for college. I got the good the bad and the munchkin, and the death of captain america series 1-3. a good amount of clothes and that alarm clock made by something from the 7th or 8th layer in dnd hell. It shoots off that propeller and it doesnt turn off till you find it and put it back on? yeah.. one of those..
The two coolest gifts was front row center stage tickets to go see wicked! its coming near my area in the next month or two ^___^ and a scrapbook of all my theater adventures over the past few years .. in addition to all the other wonderful people i had befriended and lost due to college and moves and things. I almost cried in the restaurant XD. i also got myself a 2010 Dr Horribles sing along blog calendar! ^__^

Thats all the loot Wrath has to brag about currently.

-Wrath