PDA

View Full Version : CR and LA help please

theinnerdevil
2009-12-24, 03:08 PM
hi, I play in a campain with a DM thats rather open to most races being PC's (as long as we have a solid back story) but cant seem to reach him as of late and dont think i can in the near future. So i need help with transfering the CR of a creature to a LA. the specific creature is the IMP. Any and all help is apretiated.:smallbiggrin:

sofawall
2009-12-24, 03:09 PM
hi, I play in a campain with a DM thats rather open to most races being PC's (as long as we have a solid back story) but cant seem to reach him as of late and dont think i can in the near future. So i need help with transfering the CR of a creature to a LA. the specific creature is the IMP. Any and all help is apretiated.:smallbiggrin:

There is no way to base LA off of CR.

Next question.

Duke of URL
2009-12-24, 03:11 PM
Creatures that do not have an LA listed are presented that way because they're unsuitable for being player races (due to racial special abilities).

Scoot
2009-12-24, 03:25 PM
Although, if you're playing 3.X, Savage Species does have a racial progression for the Imp.

Kylarra
2009-12-24, 03:28 PM
Yeah, savage species puts the imp at effectively LA+4 with 3 RHD (A 7 level racial progression with only 3 HD).

theinnerdevil
2009-12-24, 08:08 PM
thanks i'll check that out