PDA

View Full Version : Brick by Brick (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

The Blackbird
2009-12-24, 07:43 PM
Previous IC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118061)

Preface to Part 1

Religion

Well, it appears that Professor Derrek needs me to compile an essay on the topic of religion in his class. To be fully honest he just required someone to do it for one of his classes to give the students an idea about devotion to one’s deity. I volunteered along with his daughter Rachel to write it but in the end Rachel left it to me. Sometimes I wonder if it might be because she can’t write she’s not the brightest. Which I believe is for the best, as Rachel is a cleric it would be better for terms of a class to take a scholars point of view, so not to sound like one deity is better, and I’m not particularly religious anyway. Derrek informed me that the focus should be on how far one is willing to go for religion.

The common man, assuming to be human in almost any nation would worship Pelor god of the sun, and also considered to be the patron god of humans. The common man would probably go to church pray for the strength to go on, and such and such. The common man would be proud of his deity but certainly not willing to die for it. But there are those who would, those who have such strong devotion that the god itself would grant powers to one like that for example clerics, paladins, druids and similar. There are those who would give every breath that they have to serve there god to the end. Those who would stand, no matter the odds, against an enemy to preserve their god. Call them heroes, call them fools, regardless they will most likely get a quite afterlife next to there god. These extremists can be both good and bad depending on the deity. For example many paladins have been martyrs for the greater good of the world, but on the opposite end are…well many examples. Just look at Avalon Marhan (The Obsidian General) who slaughtered so many Heironeous(God of Valor) followers that the deity actually dropped in divine rank falling to lesser deity-hood. Avalon was trying to appease Heironeous’s nemesis Hextor (God of Tyranny).

Ah, religion it can cause a man to die for his dreams…or slaughter thousands.

Milton Keller (Scholar) Neutral Good Human Bard
Member of Triple D.

Brick by Brick
Part 1 (Cont.)

Group 1
Crog moves fastest charging foward and shouting like a wookie. He closes the distance between him and his enemy, ready for an attack the next round.

The enemies go next; two archers fire their bows at Dale and two arrows smack into his armor with a loud ringing sound, but his skin is left untouched.
An arrow flies by Glenbok, and an arrow gets snagged in Crog's armor, but Zedd has an arrow skim him on the arm, he takes 3 damage.

Rhyziki moves behind Glenbok and heals him, he can heal 3 hitpoints.
"Not as effective as I would have hoped..."

Glenbok moves foward and prepares to charge one of the enemies.

Boggis uses his inspire courage, +1 to attack and damage! (The height difference is about 10ft.)

Turfin moves in front of Amtla. "The hell? There's already a bard? Pfft, whatever, guess instead of playing my flute I'll just do what Rhyziki should be doing."

Dale moves 60ft closer to the archers attacking him.

Zedd and Rusty both move closer for attacks next round.

Amtla takes a moment too long glaring at Turfin and nearly fails to notice the battle going on. At the very end of the round she casts magic missile, dealing 5 damage to the one who hit Glenbok.

Everyone (Except Rusty I think) who moved closer can make an attack if they charge.
New initiative!

Eglon
The worm dives under the sand, and vanishes from sight, leaving a hole behind it, but none in the group enter.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-24, 07:52 PM
Glenbok turns to Rhyziki. "Thank you very much, Rhyz." With a mighty shout, he charges forward to the closest enemy, his mighty barbarian strength empowering him. He swings his flail in a mighty arc.

Charging to the nearest enemy, raging.

[roll0] - Attack Roll (1 BAB, 6 Strength (2-handed), 2 Charging, 1 Courage)
[roll]1d8+6[roll] - Damage
[roll1] - Crit Confirm
[roll2] - Crit Damage

[roll3] - Initiative
AC 10 (9 Flat Footed, 2 Touch)

Silverraptor
2009-12-24, 08:55 PM
Zedd quickly rushes forward, surged by his wound. He strikes his attacker with his Kama with good accuracy. (Attack: 25) He cuts him sharply along his chest. (5 damage)

SandyCaesar
2009-12-24, 09:59 PM
Boggis frowns and closes in, twenty feet behind the initial screen of melee fighters. He readies his crossbow as he does so and eighty feet out (maximum distance), stops and snaps a shot off at the archer who fired at Zedd.

Init:
Attack:
Critical confirmation: d20+5
Damage: [roll2]

Captain Alien
2009-12-25, 07:03 PM
Eglon retrieves his dagger ((If the worm escaped before he could cast Mage Hand, then he doesn't use the spell, but takes it by hand)). 'Are you alright, boys?' Then he stares at Katlyn. 'And you, girl?'

Veeda Vidlak
2009-12-27, 01:48 AM
Dale continues his charge toward the nearest archer. Upon reaching him he swings his gigantic sword in a vicious downward motion in an effort to pound his enemy into the ground.

Take a dirt nap!

Power Attack 2

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Crit confirm: [roll3]
Bull Rush Attempt: [roll4]

The Blackbird
2010-01-05, 08:19 PM
Eglon

Cordash says, "I got some scratches, but Volvores healed most of it up good."

Volvores just nods.

Legult retrives his kukri. "I am fine." He smiles, and indicates the open doorway ahead. "Let's go."

Katlyn ignores Eglon's question and just looks at the area where the worm dived.

Captain Alien
2010-01-08, 09:25 AM
'Indeed. Let's go.' He marches in the stipulated positions.

NamonakiRei
2010-02-04, 07:58 PM

Amtla sighs,rather annoyed, and draws her dagger, muttering "Just in case."

Then she proceeds to cast Magic Missile to the same person as before.
Damage: [roll1] +1 (From bard song)
Arcane failure:[roll2]

The Blackbird
2010-02-05, 07:56 PM
Enemies general initiative

[roll0]

Two archers each shoot at Dale (again), the one he's charging gives a look of complete desperation knowing that if his opponent is not stopped, then he has a nasty death ahead of him.

[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Crit
[roll3]

[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]
Crit
[roll6]

The other three drop their bows and lash out their weapons charging to meet our groups warriors. One to Glenbok, one to Rusty, and one to Zedd.

Glenbok-Your enemy attacks with a bastard sword and shield
[roll7]
Damage
[roll8]
Crit
[roll9]

Zedd-Your enemy attacks with a rapier and buckler
[roll10]
Damage
[roll11]
Crit
[roll12]

Rusty-Your enemy attacks with a greataxe
[roll13]
Damage
[roll14]
Crit
[roll15]

Rhyziki
[roll16] He moves closer to the now clashed warriors, ready to heal.

Turfin
[roll17]
Turfin readies an action, he looks at Amtla.
"So...How you doing?"

Crog
[roll18]
Crog attacks the person on Glenbok
[roll19]
Damage
[roll20]
Crit
[roll21]

...DAMNIT NIGHTWALKER, RUSTY STILL NEEDS TO POST!!!

The Nightwalker
2010-02-05, 08:05 PM
okay okay I'm here. I attack the guy fighting me.
Attack
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]
crit confirm
[roll2]

edit: lucky that great axe didn't hit or I would be dead!

Veeda Vidlak
2010-02-07, 03:35 PM
(after the first arrow hits)
"Pathetic...the Wasteland kobolds hit harder than that."

(after the second arrow hits)
"Aggh! That actually hurt."

The Blackbird
2010-02-07, 03:51 PM
Glenbok, Zedd and Crog all surge foward to their opponents, Glenbok reaches his opponent first, and indeed strikes before he does. Smacking the foe hard with his flail the enemy takes 10 damage. He staggers, but then pulls himself upright, before counter attacking, or even muttering a curse or a defiant "I'm still standing", Crog slashes from the side, rending the poor man in half, his hitpoints knocked below -10. Crog just laughs.

Zedd charges up to the man with the rapier and gives him a good slash across the chest with his kama for 5 damage. The man, already injured from Amtla's first magic missile, still attacks back and indeed his attack still strikes true. His rapier impaling Zedd, he takes the same amount dealt, 5 damage.

One of the archers shooting Dale fires an incredibly precise shot, slamming hard into Dale's armor for a nasty wound, 8 damage. The enemy he charges has similar luck in hitting, but not so much in effect, his arrow only grazes Dale's neck for 1 damage.

The berserker running at Rusty slashes with his greataxe, Rusty though, equally skilled with his axe, blocks the larger weapon and holds it from coming closer. Rusty tries with much strength to move his own weapon closer to the enemy, but to no success.

Dale meets the archer who only nicked him, and makes him sincerely regret coming out to fight this day. Not only does Dale's greatsword fell the man with a single stroke, it keeps him from putting up any possible resistance to his mighty charge. The impact from it sends the man (what did we say Veeda, like 30ft or something), an incredible distance back and he slams into the ground. If anyone were close enough to hear, the sound of the man's bones cracking probably would make some nauseous.

Boggis fires his crossbow at the archer who originally attacked Zedd (who now is fighting Rusty), however, the aim was difficult to make without the risk of hurting Rusty, and the bolt shoots near the man without actually making contact.

The man attacking Zedd grins wickedly, proud of his sleight upperhand, but the smirk vanishes when Amtla's second magic missile slams into him (Though it was delayed from Amtla appearantly dazed or something:smalltongue:), before crumpling from the force Zedd hears him shout, "Burn the witch!"

Rhyziki, waiting for the last possible moment before the round ends, runs up to Zedd and heals him, for [roll0].
"Can you go help Rusty? I'm going to go over to Dale, it looks like he took a hard hit from one of those arrows."

Turfin after hearing the last wounds of Amtla's victum just says, "You're not going to turn me into a newt are you?"

New initiative, the remaining archer after seeing what happened to his buddy looks like he's not going to be around for much longer, but the man with the greataxe is appearently unaware of the losses his side has taken.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-02-07, 05:48 PM

Dale turns to face the remaining archer who shot at him.

"Lay onto the ground and surrender to Obsidian, archer."

Intimidate check if necessary

[roll1]

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-09, 05:08 PM
Glenbok notices the man with the greataxe, and charges at him, as he seems to be a much bigger threat than the man with the archer. He again swings his flail in a mighty arc over his head, bringing it down with a grunt.

[roll0] - Attack roll
[roll1] - Damage (remembering Courage this time!)
[roll2] - Crit confirm

Not actually charging, despite what the text implies.

The Blackbird
2010-02-09, 07:26 PM
As there are only two left I'll roll both initiatives instead of the generics.

Greataxe
[roll0]
He attacks Rusty
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Crit
[roll3]

Archer
[roll4]
He turns and runs for the full round, moving 120ft away. (Unless the intimidate works.)

Rhyziki
[roll5]
He moves up to Dale, but he ran so he can't cast his healing spell yet.

Turfin
[roll6]
Readies an action.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-02-09, 09:57 PM
(shouting at Rusty and anyone else heading to fight the greataxe dude)

"Subdue him instead of killing him, we're going to want a prisoner!"

Dale pulls out his longbow and shoots the enemy with the bow (assuming he runs).

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
crit confirm: [roll2]

The Blackbird
2010-02-09, 09:58 PM
(shouting at Rusty and anyone else heading to fight the greataxe dude)

"Subdue him instead of killing him, we're going to want a prisoner!"

Dale pulls out his longbow and shoots the enemy with the bow (assuming he runs).

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
crit confirm: [roll2]

This clearly isn't any ordinary longbow.:smalltongue:

Veeda Vidlak
2010-02-09, 09:59 PM
This clearly isn't any ordinary longbow.:smalltongue:

...Shut up.

The Blackbird
2010-03-02, 10:35 PM
As the greataxe wielding attack brings his axe down hard, close to Rusty's face, Glenbok comes in from the side and smacks him aside with his flail. He falls lifeless to the ground.

Dale fires a single shot at the fleeing enemy, but it sails over his head harmlessly.

No new initiative, but if anyone has ideas on how to stop the running guy feel free to voice them.

The Blackbird
2010-03-13, 09:41 PM
'Indeed. Let's go.' He marches in the stipulated positions.

Eglon

The group moves into a round room with a single stone door with three gems set into it, and writing of what appears to once again be the terran language, and Legult confirms this.

"The language like the other message is Terran.

The word derknefordismesari is there again."
He smirks.

Silverraptor
2010-03-13, 09:44 PM
Stop Him!

Zedd chases after the man as fast as he can run.

The Blackbird
2010-03-13, 09:45 PM
While the enemy is light armored, there is no way he can outrun the speeding monk but he does have a head start, it's down to who tires out first.

Roll a constitution check.
[roll0]

EDIT: As awesome as "fight" armored seems, that's supposed to be light armored.

Silverraptor
2010-03-13, 10:37 PM
Constitution check
[roll0]

The Blackbird
2010-03-13, 11:05 PM
The enemy doesn't slow, but nor does Zedd, and the archer decides that there's no hope to escape the speeding pursuer, he stops and knocks an arrow to fire, but there's a possibility Zedd might hit him first, roll initative!

[roll0]

Attack
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Crit
[roll3]

Silverraptor
2010-03-14, 12:40 PM
Zedd charges forward and does a jumping leap, swing his fist to try and knock out the opponent before he can fire.

Charge Attack: [roll1]
Critical: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Captain Alien
2010-03-14, 12:59 PM
Eglon

The group moves into a round room with a single stone door with three gems set into it, and writing of what appears to once again be the terran language, and Legult confirms this.

"The language like the other message is Terran.

The word derknefordismesari is there again."
He smirks.

'Maybe it means "Beware! Worms ahead!"' He jokes. 'Should we push the door?'

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-15, 06:31 PM
While the enemy is fight armored

(Nice zero wingrish there BB)

Dale gives Glenbok an askance look carrying a mixture of irritation and disappointment then shouts at Zedd.

"Knock him out!"

He lumbers toward Zedd and the archer in his full plate as quickly as he can (60 ft). He still has his bow out.

The Blackbird
2010-03-18, 04:07 PM
Zedd reaches the archer before he fires his weapon and slings a punch at him, but most of the force is absorbed by the enemies armor, he takes no damage.
He abandons his attempt to shot Zedd and drops his bow, then pulls out a short sword. Roll next initative.

[roll0]

Attack
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Crit
[roll3]

Dale moves closer, but it will be another round until he can make a reasonable shot.

Eglon
Legult laughs at the joke, Katlyn just shakes her head, Volvores face remains as unemotional as ever, and if Cordash even smiled, you would not know. His face as always hidden from his visor.

Legult starts to speak, when the center stone of the door glows.

"Eh? Now that's weird.

...I'm going to check the door before we try to open it.
"
Legult searches the door, as he does so, the light from the stone dies out, Legult doesn't let it bother him. [roll4]

"No traps... Hey Cordash come and see if we can move this door."

Cordash and Legult press their hands against the door and push, it doesn't budge.

"Maybe it's a pull door." Legult says with light sarcasm.
Katlyn gets bored and starts to pace about.

Silverraptor
2010-03-18, 10:48 PM
Zedd attempts to throw a series of blows at his attacker while sidestepping 5 feet around him around him to allow anyone to attack without Zedd being in the way. (He plans to move around to cut off the enemy's retreat.)

Attack 1: [roll1]
Critcal: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Critical: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

The Blackbird
2010-03-20, 01:10 PM
The enemy slashes out with his short sword, but Zedd weaves out of the way. He slams his fist hard into the man's face, splattering his nose. He takes 8 damage. Zedd's other fist misses, and he moves to the side, leaving a more open shot for Dale to attempt to make.

After the hard hit from Zedd the enemy staggered, but didn't drop. Now he takes a defensive crouch, he makes a single swing at Zedd, but with horrible inaccuracy.
As he does this he shouts as loud as he can, "Serk! Serk! Help me!"

Initiative
[roll0]
Attack
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Crit
[roll3]

The Blackbird
2010-03-20, 01:15 PM
Crap, I didn't mean to enter that, I have another roll I have to make.

[roll0]

Silverraptor
2010-03-20, 03:54 PM
That's enough from you! Zed swings around another flurry of blows. However, he decides to hit nonfatal areas in order to keep the man alive. He knew the man could be useful. (No penalty to deal non fatal damage)

Attack 1: [roll1]
Critcal: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Critical: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

The Blackbird
2010-03-20, 10:22 PM
Zedd's second punch drops the man to the ground, but barely a second later Zedd's hears within his head, a voice that is barely a whisper.

"Let him escape, or someone dies."

Then a moment later, "Ah, too late."
*Little laugh*

At the other side of the hill, a man with dark skin, a bald head, a black goatee and dressed in robes appears behind Rhyziki. He promptly taps the unsuspecting goblin on the back of the head, muttering a spell as he does so.
[roll0]

[roll1]

Rhyziki gives out a shout, but the attack was partially resisted, he only takes 5 damage. He staggers but does not fall.

"I thought that would have killed you, goblin."

Turfin raises a crossbow at Serk, but he just shouts.
"The next movement against me will result in the goblin's lifeforce being drained!"

He looks at Turfin, "Lower your crossbow, unless you want to see who is the fastest."
*Little laugh*

Turfin lowers the crossbow, a cool look on his face.
"Man, I'd totally take you up on that, but I don't think it's my bet to take."

Serk turns his head the other way, keeping an eye on Glenbok, Rusty, and Boggis, while also making sure Rhyziki does not flee. And indeed, the stunned goblin does not.

The Blackbird
2010-03-22, 05:35 PM
Zedd glares at the man and Turfin. Who are you?

Er...Zedd's kinda a good 300ft away from where this just happened, it's at the other side of the hill the archer to chased attacked from.

Silverraptor
2010-03-22, 05:37 PM
Er...Zedd's kinda a good 300ft away from where this just happened, it's at the other side of the hill the archer to chased attacked from.

(Fine. Deleted.)

The Blackbird
2010-03-22, 05:38 PM
(Fine. Deleted.)

Err, you could have just edit'd it or something, but okay.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-23, 10:20 AM
Dale examines the commotion from his position with Zedd and the unconscious archer.

"Take our prisoner slowly back toward the group and make sure he remains unconscious and alive. Keep a fair distance from our new intruder while I see what's going on."

Dale begins moving briskly towards Serk and the group. He puts his longbow behind his back and retrieves his greatsword although he does not charge or make any movements indicating an immediate attack against Serk. Dale makes sure he approaches Serk in such a direction that he cannot watch him at the same time as Rhyziki or Glenbok/Boggis/Rusty.

Silverraptor
2010-03-23, 03:13 PM
Zedd complies with Dales orders and carries the man.

The Blackbird
2010-03-23, 04:06 PM
As Dale comes closer to Serk he shouts, "Come no closer, Obsidian tool! Or your healer will be a lifeless husk!"
*Little laugh*

"A healer, after all, is something you often need when dealing with me." Serk puts up a smirk of arrogance.
*Little laugh*.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-23, 05:35 PM
Dale pauses about 40 feet from Serk and begins pacing.

"Give me your name mage."

The Blackbird
2010-03-23, 08:55 PM
"My name is Severard."
*Little laugh*

"No more inquiries though, I have a simple request."
*Little laugh*

"You will let the remaining of my force go, in exchange for the goblin's life. Refuse to comply then I slaughter him, and make away with his corpse. You know, to prevent whatever resurrection powers that Tremorse has."

He takes a brief look at Glenbok. Then addresses Dale again,
"And have in good faith that I will make an easy getaway if you're foolish enough for the second option. I may even be able to slay another of you before leaving, you're not that tough."
*Little laugh*

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-24, 08:51 AM
Dale continues pacing.

"Where did you come from? Did you port in?"

The Blackbird
2010-03-24, 10:11 AM
"I believe I said no more inquiries."
*Little laugh*
"Now will you indulge my request?"
EDIT: Hehe, sneaking on during English.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-24, 12:48 PM
"Perhaps...a large determinant here is what my comrades want to do."

The Blackbird
2010-03-24, 07:56 PM
Turfin just shrugs, "I don't care too much." He then turns to Amtla, his expression interested to see what her reaction to this situation will be.

There is a pause before "Severard" says, "I like him."

Rhyziki scowls and mutters to himself, whatever he says causes Serk to smirk again.
*Little laugh*

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-24, 08:55 PM
Glenbok is breathing heavily, exhausted now that his surge of energy is gone. He drops his weapon, partially to avoid appearing as a threat and partially due to his exhaustion. "We... cannot risk Rhyzikiflunak's... life... it may not be the best... option, but I think... we need to... submit to his wishes..."

The Blackbird
2010-03-25, 04:05 PM
Serk, while still pointing a finger at Rhyziki, uses the other hand to pull out a potion bottle, which he gracefully rolls towards Glenbok and the others.

"Unless there's a foolish objection, that will awaken my comrade. And you will send him on his way."

Captain Alien
2010-03-26, 07:40 AM
'I don't know what to do now. Maybe saying the words in the door has an effect on it... "Derknefordismesari". Perhaphs... "Irasemsidrofenkred"? No? Sweet gods, I just do not know.'

The Blackbird
2010-03-26, 03:55 PM
The center gem glows again, then fades.

"It glows whenver you speak, Eglon..."

Captain Alien
2010-03-27, 07:41 AM
He puts a mysterious smile in his face and says: 'Perhaps it is not enough. Maybe it... CANNOT HEAR US!' He shouts, expecting a reaction from the stone.

The Blackbird
2010-03-27, 08:46 AM
The stone brightens, then dies out, as it normally does.

"That would c-"
The left gem glows, then dies out.
"Eh?"

"The door seems to like Cordash too."

"In that case, for surely the door loves Katlyn as well!"
The right gem lights up.
"Aw, I'm starting to feel left out..." Legult muses.

Captain Alien
2010-03-28, 02:37 PM
'How odd. But the answer is pretty obvious now, I guess. Talk at the same time, you two.'

The Blackbird
2010-03-28, 03:29 PM
"Open."

"Katlyn is supreme!"

And indeed, as Eglon speaks with them, all three stones glow and the door opens, revealing a near blinding light. Nothing through the doorway is visible. Then, slowly, white colored energy starts seeping foward drawing closer to the group, and covering the entire room.

"Should we back up?"

[roll0]

Volvores says, "No. It is just positive energy, all it will do is heal us."

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-29, 02:58 AM
Dale decides his opportunity has come when he sees Serk roll the potion towards Glenbok and makes his decision without a moment's hesitation.

Charge attack at Serk.

Attack: [roll1]
Crit confirm: [roll3]

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-29, 02:59 AM
I did it again....

real damage: [roll0]

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-29, 05:01 AM
Urk...I also forgot the bull rush, to knock him away from Rhyziki and towards Glenbok.

[roll0]

The Blackbird
2010-03-29, 09:10 AM
Serk expecting this tries to get a spell off before Dale can hit him, surprisingly he actually steps 5ft away from Rhyziki when he does this.
People are free to roll spellcraft
Rhyziki [roll0]

Serk
Initiative [roll1]

Serk vanishes, but Rhyziki shouts, "He's invisible!"

The Blackbird
2010-03-29, 09:13 AM
Dale's miss chance,
[roll0]
Dale's sword swings right through the area Serk was just standing in, to no avail.
*Little Laugh*

New initiative, this time, against Serk!

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-29, 09:21 AM
Dale shouts to his comrades.

"He's right here!" *indicates area he just swung at*

"Glenbok! Come right at him from just in front of me! Crog and Rusty come keep him from escaping to my left! Zedd, drop the guy and run in here and block him from my right!"

He looks at Rhyziki, Turfin, and Amtla.

"If you have magic to deal with invisibility you need to use it now. If not throw sand or dust at him to try to mark him."

EDIT: the deleted roll is my listen check (got a 9) which I realized I don't need to make this round because he didn't move from his square.

The Blackbird
2010-03-29, 10:54 AM
[roll0]

Rhyziki
[roll1]

Rhyziki takes Dale's advice and throws some dirt, [roll2]

[roll3]

Turfin
He just stands there, crossbow at the ready, but he seems not to be paying too much attension.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-29, 02:44 PM
Glenbok sighs, but says nothing. He's still quite tired from the adrenaline rush of the earlier fighting (which had turned out to not be of much use), but he moves as Dale tells him to, drawing his Greatsword as he moves, and does his best to make a mighty attack at the area indicated. It takes a surprising amount of effort, and it's obvious that Glenbok isn't quite in the best shape for fighting.

[roll0] - Initiative
[roll1] - Attack Roll
[roll2] - Damage
[roll3] - Crit confirm, if needed
[roll4] - Miss Chance, I suppose

Veeda Vidlak
2010-03-29, 04:11 PM

Silverraptor
2010-03-30, 07:34 PM
Zedd tries to hurry over to the fight while dragging the unconcious man with him.

Captain Alien
2010-04-03, 09:06 AM
"Open."

"Katlyn is supreme!"

And indeed, as Eglon speaks with them, all three stones glow and the door opens, revealing a near blinding light. Nothing through the doorway is visible. Then, slowly, white colored energy starts seeping foward drawing closer to the group, and covering the entire room.

"Should we back up?"

[roll0]

Volvores says, "No. It is just positive energy, all it will do is heal us."

'If the light does not dissapear soon, then we enter anyway. We don't have any other options.'

The Blackbird
2010-04-09, 07:10 PM
Eglon

The positive energy spreads across Eglon's group, healing the group fully, in fact, it's so powerful that you have temporary hitponts equal to double your full hitpoints, but you do not know for how long (and it defeats the effects of the moss from earlier). This extra energy actually makes the Eglon feel dizzy for a moment, Volvores says, "Interesting...I predict if even the greatest of undead attempted to enter, it for surely would have been destroyed."
The energy moves past us and continues farther away, into the previous room.

Captain Alien
2010-04-10, 09:22 AM
'This is really good' Eglon keeps on moving.

The Blackbird
2010-04-11, 05:25 PM
Eglon

Ahead of you now is a staircase, Cordash says "Let us get in formation and be moving."

"The effects of the positive energy will last only a while."

"Only all the more reason to be on the move then."

We get back in order and decent a spiral staircase, more of the terran language is written on the walls. When you reach the bottom there is an open archway leading into a large room. The width of the room is about thirty feet while it is over 100 feet in length, strewn across the floor are many bodies, mostly skeletons but some you can see are recent, but only closer inspection would be able to determine how recent.

"Haha! Corpses to animate to my will!"

"Somehow I doubt you have attained such power..."

"Well Volvores arn't you talkative today. Come, I find this interesting, but approach with caution."

Captain Alien
2010-04-13, 03:47 PM
'So the healing energy was just like the banquet the prisioner is given before his execution, right? I suggest we search the bodies, they might carry valuables.'

The Blackbird
2010-04-14, 05:21 PM
Eglon

Legult quickly moves over to one of the bodies, Katlyn and Volvores inspect another while Cordash moves to one leaving Eglon standing at the archway.

"Some have old weapons and I can see an armoed one in the corner, but no one here carries anything else."

"This one has but a few silver pieces..."

NamonakiRei
2010-04-14, 09:06 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Amtla, who has been very tense this whole time, now relaxes a bit, and sighs in relief. She walks some steps closer to Rhyziki, but keeps some distance because of the danger of the invisible enemy.

"I hope this works..." She mutters.

Amtla casts Detect Magic and looks at the area Serk was in.
Arcane Failure [roll1]

The Nightwalker
2010-04-17, 11:05 PM
inv (roll)1D20+3(/roll)

Rusty moves to were dale tells him to go a mutters.

D*mn wizards with there annoying spells show me where ye are and I wont slash ya up that much for threating the green man..

Edit: been awhile since I've rolled.

The Nightwalker
2010-04-17, 11:11 PM
[roll0]
that should be my inivtitve now.

The Blackbird
2010-04-18, 09:04 PM
Crog
[roll0]

Crog charges at the stop where Serk just was, swinging his weapon with a roar.

[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Crit
[roll3]
Miss Chance
[roll4]

The Blackbird
2010-04-18, 09:14 PM
Rhyziki throws dirt at the stop Serk was just standing and backs away, but the dirt finds no target. At the same moment Glenbok comes rushing in, arcing his flail to no avail. (hehe...Rhyme.)

Then Crog barrels in and his swing makes contact, everyone hears Serk give a shout of pain and a small splatter of blood smacks the against the ground. Serk takes 11 damage.

Rusty moves up to where Serk was, but it becomes appearant that he's already moved, a trail of blood leading eastward, away from the battle.

Dale moves closer to where Serk was, but also sees the trail of blood from Crog's attack.

Amtla nearly stumbles over her own feet but regains her footing and casts detect magic sometime in the brief miliseconds between this and the next round. While she indeed detects magic nearby it takes rounds to focus it to specifics.

You all can see the trail of blood on the low grass and dirt moving eastward, but a spot check is required to see the exact square, roll initative.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-19, 03:00 PM
...arcing his flail to no avail. (hehe...Rhyme.)

((Oh, that would have been so cool... if Glenbok had used his flail. :smalltongue:))

Glenbok, after his unsurprising miss, attempts to follow the trail of blood. Since he's in the middle of a battle, he can't quite take the time needed to follow it exactly, so an eyeballing will have to do. He follows the trail to where it seemed to lead and strikes again at, hopefully, Serk.

Initiative - [roll0]
[roll1] - Spot Check
[roll2] - Attack Roll
[roll3] - Damage

Glenbok moves to wherever his quick spot shows him the blood trail leads to. He charges if possible, which is an extra +2 to the spot check. Also, I can't remember if the Inspire Courage is still active. If it is, I haven't been adding that.

The Blackbird
2010-04-19, 06:17 PM
((Oh, that would have been so cool... if Glenbok had used his flail. :smalltongue:))

Darn it!:smallannoyed:

Silverraptor
2010-04-19, 06:28 PM
Zedd runs forward to the group and throws down the unconcious man down near Amlta. He then scans around at everyone who are behaving oddly.

"So?... What's going on?"

The Blackbird
2010-04-19, 06:36 PM
Turfin, who's not doing anything this round responds to Zedd, "The Severard dude turned invisible and started running off that way. But before he did that half-orc dude gave him a nasty slash and all them are trying to follow the blood trail to where he's at before he gets away.

Pretty entertaining, wanna play a card game?"
He pulls out a deck of playing cards and starts shuffling.
"How bout you Miss Green Fetish, you in too?" He asks Amtla.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-04-19, 06:45 PM
Dale attempts to discern Serk's location using his keen vision

Spot check: [roll0]

If his check succeeds and he can reach the position within the round (40 ft) he will charge. Otherwise he will move in front of Rhyziki and block Serk's view of him.

The Blackbird
2010-05-20, 07:11 PM
[roll0]

Rhyziki
[roll1]
Spot Check
[roll2]

Crog
[roll3]

Spot
[roll4]

Attack
[roll5]
Damage
[roll6]
Crit
[roll7]
Miss Chance
[roll8]

[roll9]

Rusty
[roll10]
Spot
[roll11]

Attack
[roll12]
Damage
[roll13]
Crit
[roll14]

The Blackbird
2010-05-20, 07:18 PM
Rusty charges foward howling madly, "I think I see sometin!" He calls and gives a wild swing but makes contact with nothing.

Glenbok and Crog move at the same moment, like Rusty, they charge foward and while not seeing where Serk stands they swing anyways but only slash through the grass.

Dale moves in front of Rhyziki after not seeing where Serk went, but Rhyziki a moment later shouts, "I saw him! He just ran over the hill...I don't think we'll catch him..."

Amtla moves a little closer, detect magic reveals a couple minor and moderate auras moving fast over the hill but the spell won't narrow until next round and Serk is bolting for it far faster than Amtla can move and retain concentration.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-05-23, 02:06 PM
Dale tensely darts his eyes around as if expecting an attack to come from anywhere. After about half a minute he relaxes slightly and looks at Amtla.

"Did he leave?"

NamonakiRei
2010-05-23, 07:35 PM
Amtla dismisses the spell and sighs. "I don't think we can follow him. He's going too fast."
She goes next to Rhyziki.
"Are you okay?"

The Blackbird
2010-05-23, 07:56 PM
Rhyziki nods but looks a little shaken, "Yeah, I'm okay."

The Nightwalker
2010-05-23, 08:34 PM
I fell as if somethin was controlling me for a second like a unknow force most adventure groups never seem to know about, it's like a nagging voice and a guiding hand it trying to tell me something.)
(non-cannon)

rusty really says Well ther be no way I be cathin up to him with me short legs.

The Blackbird
2010-05-23, 08:53 PM
"That is I you fool!" Rusty hears within his head, "I, the pseudonatural paragon half-dragon vampire mindflayer, Sinugogillygolg! Controlling you're mind when you are too foolish to act yourself! Do not dissapoint me again A-err Rusty, or you shall find the wrath of the Rakshasha and his Gnoll army!"

"It's okay Rusty, I'm sure we'll see him again." While he says this he doesn't seem overly fond of the idea.

"*Yawn* well that sure was exciting, come on now, I want to see this church. Or play cards, take your pick."

Silverraptor
2010-05-23, 09:21 PM
Zedd nods. Then addresses the unconcious man

"Atleast we still have him. He might provide us some information."

The Blackbird
2010-05-23, 09:25 PM
The group leaves the clearing and begins its course back to the church of Kord. Rhyziki resumes the holding of Amtla's hand and says to her, "We really need to stop having these near death experiences." He gives a weak smile.

However not too long after, our prisoner wakes up and starts muttering to himself.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-05-27, 09:09 PM
"Our captive has awoken. I'd better keep an eye on him."

Dale moves behind whoever is carrying the prisoner (unless its him, in which case he continues without comment).

The Blackbird
2010-05-27, 09:26 PM
The captive stops muttering and locks stares with Dale, obvious distaste etched on his face.

The Blackbird
2010-05-28, 10:30 PM
Eglon

Legult quickly moves over to one of the bodies, Katlyn and Volvores inspect another while Cordash moves to one leaving Eglon standing at the archway.

"Some have old weapons and I can see an armoed one in the corner, but no one here carries anything else."

"This one has but a few silver pieces..."

(This was the last post directed at Eglon.

Captain Alien
2010-05-29, 08:28 AM
'Actually, I do not think taking their items is a good idea at all. This kind of places are often cursed, and so the objects there. We should be more careful than ever, but we shall carry on anyway.' Eglon slightly smirks as he tries to figure out what they might find. 'Let's move on.'

Silverraptor
2010-06-08, 11:04 PM
The captive stops muttering and locks stares with Dale, obvious distaste etched on his face.

Zedd, who is carrying him over his shoulder, gives him a rough jerk.

(Just thought I do this to make the thread breathe again.)

The Blackbird
2010-06-09, 12:36 PM
(You're my hero:smalltongue:)

The man spits on the ground and curses in abyssal very loudly. He struggles briefly but not with enough strength to get free of Zedd's grip.

The Blackbird
2010-07-09, 11:41 AM
Eglon

Katlyn scowls at Eglon "It was your idea to search them fool!"

"He's still right though, its not like they have anything useful anyways, let's be off."
Cordash starts moving across the room, where there seems to be another archway, but it looks like it only leads to a walk wall with more terran on it.

Volvores moves to follow, Legult does as well saying "Well don't I feel foolish."

However, as Cordash moves about halfway across the room it begins to rumble violently, so much that you have to roll balance to keep footing.

Cordash
[roll0]
Legult
[roll1]
Volvores
[roll2]
Katlyn
[roll3]

*Beat 10 to stay on footing

At the same moment the stone wall in the archway moves out of place. The rock then shifts shape and appears in a slightly humonoid shape that's a bit taller than Cordash and starts moving at the group, it's initiative time.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-11, 10:59 PM
Dale speaks menacingly at the captive.

"I suggest you cooperate. You do not want me annoyed with you once we get back to the church."

The Blackbird
2010-07-12, 09:54 AM
Roll intimidate

NamonakiRei
2010-07-12, 09:30 PM
Rhyziki resumes the holding of Amtla's hand and says to her, "We really need to stop having these near death experiences." He gives a weak smile.

Amtla squeezes Rhyziki's hand, and smiles at him.

"Yeah. I think we've had enough for a while"

When Dale talks to the man, Amtla turns her head toward them for a second, but she looks back at Rhyziki right away.

The Blackbird
2010-07-12, 11:09 PM
Rhyziki smiles at Amtla, then says to Dale. "Let's take him back to the church and talk to him there."

Also with the combination of XP from today's fight and the RP XP, everyone should be at exactly level two. Thanks for the reminder NamonakiRei!

Naturally this does not apply to Eglon or Dale. I'll give Dale a seperate XP amount later.

EDIT: I'll wait until Dale's intimidate check then do the "Getting back to the church" post.

The Blackbird
2010-07-13, 02:32 PM
Dale's intimidate [roll0] (I'm assuming Dale's strength is 17 or so)

We take our hostage back to the church with him kicking and screaming all the way...I'm betting we actually knocked him out again. We return just before nightfall, to see Carnik hammering in a sign with parchment nailed to it, he smiles at us as we walk in. But looks confused at the man were dragging and Turfin.

He addresses the latter, "More adventurers?" He smiles, "Wow! That's two-no, four more! Unless he's one too..." He points to our hostage.

Turfin just shrugs and smirks. Carnik then says to Amtla, "Amtla, Trem wants to see you...and me need to talk to all about rooming issues. Trem got moved into cell...And one of the newcomers wants to see Amtla too.
And we also need to talk about jobs sorta...Me thinkin were having too many people to send in one group."

Silverraptor
2010-07-14, 04:54 PM
Zedd indicates the unconcious man over his shoulder.

"We need to do something about him. Maybe tie him up?"

The Blackbird
2010-07-14, 05:19 PM
Carnik nods to Zedd. "Me get some rope. You all come in now."

He leaves.

"If Tremorse is in the cell then that means we won't have to be anymore." Rhyziki says to Amtla.

"Wait...You were both in a prison?" Turfin smirks.

The Nightwalker
2010-07-14, 11:15 PM
aye there were lad two little prison doves ye could say.

now what this be aboot new jobs?

The Blackbird
2010-07-15, 10:51 AM
Turfin just continues to leer at Rhizzy and Amtla. But Carnik just says something in orcish to answer Rusty's question as we follow him inside.

"He said "In a sec", Rusty."

We enter the church's main hall to find six people still in it. Sitting on a bench and talking to a huge human man without his right leg is a young gnome in grey robes with a little blue pointed hat. He speaks so quickly its hard to understand what he's saying. In the corner of the room is an elf youth staring about the room with wide curious eyes, like a child's would be.

Carnik runs off towards the door leading to the underground area where the prison cell and supply closets are (presumably to get some rope).

The gnome stands up on the bench to look at the group that just came in and smiles widely. "Hi everyone!" He says cheerfully.

"Why hello little gnome." Turfin responds with a bow, "My name is Turfin and this is Rhyziki."

Rhyziki looks at Turfin for a moment with a raised eyebrow, but then he finishes, "He was a prison bi***"

The gnomes smile drops.

"Her prison bi*** to be exact." He points at Amtla.

The Nightwalker
2010-07-15, 01:40 PM
*jaw drops* That's not what i meant ye word twister!

The Blackbird
2010-07-15, 01:57 PM
Turfin laughs but before responding there is a sudden movement from above us. A moment later a young man floats down besides the group. He has short brown hair and is starting to sport a goatee and wears a long black cloak, which almost reminds you of a trenchcoat. Two longswords are sheathed on his side, for armor he wears a chainshirt.

Amtla is shocked to see Nick Norrington, a trapeze artist from the circus back on Ria. He smiles warmly at her for a moment but then seems confused and disapproving at Rhyziki.

"Why is that goblin not tied up? Oh...I see Amtla has him...By the hand?"
He still seems confused, and Turfin bursts out laughing.

"Contrary to popular belief I am actually assisting the cause here. But...How do you know Amtla?"

NamonakiRei
2010-07-15, 08:11 PM
"Nick?! I- wow, it's been long." Amtla says, with a rather confused look on your face. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be travelling with the guys back at the circus?" She asks. At the same time, she makes some pressure on Rhyziki's hand.

The Nightwalker
2010-07-15, 08:44 PM
hey turfin come ere a sec me fists have something to tell ye. *walks towarsd turfin*

The Blackbird
2010-07-15, 09:47 PM
"Wait? What? You're fists, ah!" Turfin begins running to the other end of the room.

Rhyziki smirks as he watches Turfin bolt away, but then looks at Nick.

"I uh... Actually came here to find you, uh." He goes a little red.

"Maybe I could talk to you about it in private?" He asks a little nerviously, a detail Rhyziki doesn't miss. He frowns.

"...So um...If the goblin's not a prisoner then why are you holding its hand?"

NamonakiRei
2010-07-15, 11:48 PM
Amtla raises an eyebrow, but aside from that, she's calm.

"Nick, he is my boyfriend." She says. "And, please, please don't freak out or something" She adds, hurriedly. Amtla pauses for a second. "If you want to talk to me about something... I trust you can say whatever you want in front of him."

The Blackbird
2010-07-16, 12:08 AM
Nick stands there for a moment, "Bo-Boyfriend? The...goblin is? That's not funny, Amtla...Don't joke about...See, you've offended him. Look at his face."

Indeed, Rhyziki does look offended, but, as we know, it's from something else.

"That's...Oh...Oh crap...Yeah, that goblin totally wants to kill me right now...Um...Sorry dude? I guess...Um

Woo akward. Um...But I still need that talk to be private...Please Amtla?"

Rhyziki continues to stare sternly at Nick.

The Nightwalker
2010-07-16, 12:19 AM
*chases after* Come er I show ye what a dwarvenbar fight be like!!

The Blackbird
2010-07-16, 01:23 PM
Turfin continues to run away from Rusty, "You'll never get me with those stubby dwarf legs, mate!"

But then the gnome stands up, "I wouldn't be so sure little man!"

He starts casting a spell.

"Wait...Did that gnome call me li-"

[roll0]

A brief flash of light erupts at Turfin's feet, but he just keeps running.

"Nice try short stuff!"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-16, 08:14 PM
((*Runs back to check what color Glenbok used.))

Glenbok stares at Nick. "If Amtla wants to have Rhyziki present, surely you could respect her wishes? Or, if for some reason you absolutely cannot stand him being there, perhaps I could replace him?" This last part is directed both at Nick and Amtla in equal parts. He's not quite sure why Amtla doesn't wish to be alone with him, but surely she has a reason, and he'd be better than nobody, right?

Unless she just wants Rhyziki there, of course.

The Blackbird
2010-07-16, 10:31 PM
"I don't know you." Nick says to Glenbok, "I need her because I know her...Which doesn't apply to the goblin or anyone else...It's kind of personal."

Silverraptor
2010-07-17, 10:28 PM
Zedd hands over the prisoner to Dale.
"Tie him up. And make sure he doesn't escape."

The Blackbird
2010-07-17, 10:33 PM
Carnik returns to the room with the rope, "Anyone make good knot?" He asks aloud.

Nick takes a glance to Carnik briefly and says, "...I can."

Turfin shouts, "Hey! Pick me! I totally can do it, just keep this dwarf from beating me!"

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-17, 10:37 PM
"I will speak with the prisoner later with Anaraxis's assistance, perhaps tomorrow."

The Blackbird
2010-07-17, 10:45 PM
Nick while still waiting for Amtla's answer takes the rope and starts tying up the man.

[roll0]

He finishes very quickly with a strong knot, you're sure he's not escaping.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-17, 10:52 PM
Dale carries the bound man down into the prison cells and puts him into one before locking the door.

"Maybe if you're kind and cooperative with me tomorrow you'll be lucky and I'll forget the kicking and screaming you made on the way back here. You will also want to hope I'm in a good mood."

Dale leaves before asking Anaraxis to check up on the prisoner every couple hours or so.

The Blackbird
2010-07-17, 10:57 PM
Instead of a prison cell you're using an empty room in the under area of the church because there's only one. However, stationed there is a large half-orc priest.

As Dale moves away he can see Tremorse in the cell that originally held Rhyziki and Amtla, the huge man is sitting on the floor his powers appearently gone. For the first time you can really tell how old Tremorse really is, he has to be in his 50s or so, but just a day before you would have thought of him a younger man.

His voice does not seem different though, as he addresses Dale when he's about to leave.

"Dale? You've returned.

...Is anyone dead?"

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-17, 11:13 PM
Dale glances at Tremorse for a moment before responding.

"It seems you have regained some of your composure, good. To answer your question, yes people are dead. Six men were found at the location of Rhyzikiflunak's old church and our scout group killed four of them when they attacked us. We have captured a fifth as well. No one from your church has been killed since you were taken here."

The Blackbird
2010-07-17, 11:35 PM
"Good." Tremorse responds, "I suppose the rest of the information will go to Carnik... But Dale-"

He pauses for a moment and says the following in a dead serious tone, "Dale you have to get Rhyzikiflunak and myself switched, he has to be in here, he's dangerous. If you don't, he might kill Amtla, or maybe multiple people. I know what I did wrong...Trying to accuse Amtla of being evil and the others, but I know that now. Rhyziki though, I'm certain is an enemy to be stopped, please Dale..."

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-18, 12:46 AM
"Tremorse...Rhyzikiflunak is not going to kill Amtla. I am worried about the multitudes of problems a relationship with the goblin will cause for Amtla, but he most certainly cares for her. Rhyzikiflunak cannot possibly be a Wasteland assassin and if you need absolute proof of this then I think my reinforcements can confirm it once they get here."

The Blackbird
2010-07-18, 01:12 PM
"You don't understand...How can you be so certain? And how do your reinforcements help?"

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-19, 03:19 PM
"My reinforcements will contain a holy man capable of discerning certainty from falsehoods. He can determine if Rhyzikiflunak is from Ria or the Wasteland.

The Blackbird
2010-07-19, 06:49 PM
"How soon will they be here?"

NamonakiRei
2010-07-19, 10:10 PM
"It's okay"

Amtla says.

"I'll talk to him"

She says to Rhyziki, letting go of his hand. She walks toward Nick

"Okay, let's talk..."

She now turns to go toward... well, toward wherever is private.

The Blackbird
2010-07-19, 10:17 PM
Amtla leaves with Nick to one of the living quarters down the hallway, with Rhyziki looking a little frusterated.

Nick stands there looking a little akward and thinking for a moment, then says. "So...Uh...Rhyziki huh? When'd you meet him?"

NamonakiRei
2010-07-19, 10:30 PM
Amtla raises an eyebrow.

"About a day and a half ago." She says, calmly.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-19, 10:50 PM
"A week or so, maybe a bit more."

The Blackbird
2010-07-19, 10:55 PM
Amtla

"Wait, what? That short? You said he was your boyfriend? You can't know him that much!"

Dale
"Think of it this way Dale...If you're right then that weeks time doesn't matter. But if I'm right, he could kill someone in that time. So how about he keep him in here until then, and set me free..."
He pauses, then says before you respond, "I'll let you think about it...Could you tell Amtla I want to see her, maybe I can get her to listen...I at least have to try."

NamonakiRei
2010-07-19, 11:01 PM
Amtla looks at Nick.

"Really, Nick." She says, still calmly.

"You can't really say that. You don't know how these days have been."

The Blackbird
2010-07-19, 11:03 PM
"What could possibly bring up such a bond in such a short time?! Amtla...I think you've been...I dunno, charmed maybe...Magically I mean..."

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-20, 10:15 PM
"I have a better idea, how about we act rationally and not throw green gobbie in jail because he has about the same chance of assassinating someone as anyone else in the church of lunacy. The cleric who gets here will then judge without any trace of doubt Rhyziki's guilt or innocense. I'll tell you what though...if Rhyziki tries to harm Amtla or any of our other allies I will kill him myself."

NamonakiRei
2010-07-20, 10:18 PM
Amtla sighs.

"Nick, that's a bit paranoid on your part. And I don't think so. I really don't think so."

The Blackbird
2010-07-20, 10:30 PM
Dale

"...Fine." Tremorse sounds aggravated.

"Never let Amtla out of sight...Please send her by."
He motions for Dale to take his leave.

Amtla
"Maybe." Nick says, crossing his arms. "But really Amtla...What could have happened? I came all the-"
He pauses and starts thinking over what he wants to say.
"What do you see in this guy anyways...What gets passed the fact that he's from The eastern Wastes."

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-20, 10:36 PM
Dale simply leaves and heads upstairs leaving Anaraxis to watch the prisoner for a few moments before leaving as well. When he gets upstairs he looks around for Amtla and seeing she isn't around asks where she is.

"Where is Amtla? I have something to tell her briefly."

The Blackbird
2010-07-20, 10:38 PM
A clearly annoyed Rhyziki indicates a hallway to his right and says, "She left with one of the new guys down there to talk. The guy said the conversation was to be private though."

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-20, 10:41 PM
"Whatever, tell her that if she goes downstairs and calls Tremorse a paranoid imbecile I'll give her 5 gold pieces."

The Blackbird
2010-07-20, 10:42 PM
This causes Rhyziki to smirk, "Oh I really hope she does."

Veeda Vidlak
2010-07-20, 10:43 PM
Dale leaves to find Emily before retiring for the evening.

The Blackbird
2010-07-20, 11:08 PM
Uh...Okay, he finds Emily.

Silverraptor
2010-07-24, 12:16 AM
Zedd

Zedd walks down several hallways, aimlessly exploring. Thinking over in his head everything that had happened. Trying to make sense of it all and to see if any of it was related.

The Blackbird
2010-07-24, 04:57 PM
Zedd

Zedd passes by a few of the priests who just wave to him or pass him by. After a little while Zedd passes by a door where he can hear the sounds of what seems to be a spar or fight of sorts from the room at the other end. While he clearly hears the clang of blade on blade he doesn't hear any grunts or shouts from the participants.

NamonakiRei
2010-07-24, 09:55 PM
"He's from Ria, actually"

Amtla says, her tone slightly colder than before.

"He's a good person, and, really, that's all you need to know, Nick."

Her tone is calm again, and rather soft.

The Blackbird
2010-07-24, 10:03 PM
"Alright, whatever. I guess we'll talk about it later." Nick says, more cautious now that Amtla's starting to get a little angry.

"Anyways um...I sorta came all the way down here because I have this...problem. And...I dunno, you were the only person I thought of that could...understand."

NamonakiRei
2010-07-24, 10:05 PM
"You have a problem?"

Amtla says, now sounding rather worried.

"What is it?"

The Blackbird
2010-07-24, 10:16 PM
"Well you know how you can do stuff...Magic stuff I mean?

Well...I can too." He lifts off the ground, floating in midair.

"I can do this too..."
He outstretches a hand and his arm briefly glows with a blue energy which then shoots out and hits the wall with a crack and a small explosion blasting a chunk out of it.

Silverraptor
2010-07-24, 10:44 PM
Zedd pauses for a moment. Then cautiously he moves to the door and quietly tries to open it.

(Is a roll required?)

The Blackbird
2010-07-24, 10:53 PM
To open a door? Shouldn't you have asked if it was locked before asking something like that.

Sure Silverraptor, make an open the door check, if you roll a one the door eats you.:smalltongue:

But in all seriousness.

Zedd

You open the door and there is a short staircase going down into a large room were there appears to be a fighting ring of sorts. A knowledge religion check would reveal more of why the room is there.

Standing in the ring is a cowled elf wearing a brown cloak and leather armor who you've never seen before. You cannot see his eyes under his hood but you know his race from the pointed shape of his face. He stands there crossed armed, but the sparring sound stopped when you opened the door, and you don't see anyone that the elf could have been sparring with.

Silverraptor
2010-07-25, 02:09 AM
(I meant opening the door quietly. Would that have required a move silently check or something?)

Zedd watches the elf apprehensively.
"Who are you?"

The Blackbird
2010-07-25, 11:28 AM
The elf says nothing but with a blurred movement he draws out a pair of gleaming scimitars, he does not advance though.

Silverraptor
2010-07-25, 11:47 AM
Zedd shifts his stance better so that he could respond better if the elf decided to advance. He however says nothing as well and continues to watch the elf.

(And thus, a staring contest has started. Don't blink.:smalltongue:)

The Blackbird
2010-07-25, 01:24 PM
(He doesn't)

"Flawed..." He mutters, but loudly enough to hear.

Silverraptor
2010-07-25, 01:33 PM
Zedd keeps still, but answers back.
"What's flawed?"

The Blackbird
2010-07-25, 06:32 PM
"...You."

[roll0]

He takes a single step foward and slides the rest of the distance towards Zedd. He scraps his two scimitars together and causes them to make an almost deafening ring, at the same moment he outstreches a foot in a movement that suggests he's going to trip Zedd. Instead though, he pivots on the ball of his foot into a spin and both scimitars lash out incredibly fast, one just flashes at Zedd's right causing him to dodge slightly but the other scimitar moves at the same moment with a surefire hit against Zedd.

He doesn't let the attack connect though, instead the first scimitar swings up to Zedd's face and in another brief movement the elf vanishes from sight.

The Nightwalker
2010-07-25, 11:18 PM
hey rhizzy I always wanted to try this it was a hypothesis te dwarfs had for a while now.

Silverraptor
2010-07-26, 01:05 AM
Zedd is startled at what happened and even more so to see that the elf disappeared. He looks around frantically.

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 12:20 PM
Zedd

When he spins about he sees the elf standing behind him with his weapons sheathed again and his arms crossed again.

"When you can dodge that attack...You will be ready..."

With one last quick movement he smacks Zedd in the face with his palm and then vanishes into thin air.

Zedd can gain 50xp.

Rusty
Rhyziki while still looking grumpy, raises an eyebrow at Rusty. "What?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-26, 06:31 PM
Glenbok turns to Rusty as he speaks to Rhyziki. "Have I ever told you I can never understand what you say?" He doesn't seem to expect an answer, as Rusty wasn't really talking to him in the first place.

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 06:59 PM
At glenbok what ye be talkin about me common be the best around mlost dwarfs.

but no rhizzy it's the hypothesis that if ye throw a wooden object mostly a chair or table that it will cause a large in building fight *picks up a chair* for example, hey turfin!!

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 07:02 PM
"Hey! Rusty?! What are you doing with that chair?"

(You can roll a ranged attack roll with a -4 penalty. Don't forget when we leveled up you got another base attack.)

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 07:04 PM
[roll0]

catch!

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 07:15 PM
Turfin gets out of the way of it just in time, "Ah! What the hell Rusty?!"

Both Rhyziki and the gnome laugh and the one legged priest claps for Rusty. Carnik however says, "Stop! Bad Rusty!" He wags his finger at him.

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 07:18 PM
It was in te name of science carnik it really was.

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 07:21 PM
Carnik can't help to smile a bit but says, "We have ring for that sorta thing though."

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 07:23 PM
*grabs the chair again* Alright then,Turfin let's wrastle

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 07:24 PM
"Um...Let's not and say we did, ok man? You can even say you won."

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 07:30 PM
fine I guess but remmebr I'll get to ya some time turfin and you will know it was me.

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 07:41 PM
Turfin, looking quiet intimidated moves out of the room rather quickly. The gnome joins the priest in applause and says "Very good Mr.Dwarf! That sent that smirk jerk running!"

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 07:44 PM
why thank ye mister.... we never got te new peoples names why dodn't ye all tell us now.

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 07:54 PM
"Me." The gnome states more than asks, "I'm Delwin, I'm from the Nurmen Gnomes! The king himself sent me he did. To look after Rhyziki over there." he points at Rhyziki, "Hey Mr.Rhyzikiflunak! Remember me, it's Delwin?"

Rhyziki considers the gnome for a moment, "Um...I'm afraid not Delwin...Sorry."

"Tis fine sir, we only met briefly."

The elf in the corner moves towards are group, he has a wide eyed almost childish expression, "Um, I'm Ilrae, pleased to meet all of you. I'm good at...I have skills and stuff."

"And I'm an transmuter of great skill I assure you."

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 08:08 PM
*raises an eyebrow*what be wrong elf were all friends here.

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 08:18 PM
"Hm? Oh...Yeah, I know."

The Nightwalker
2010-07-26, 08:25 PM
ye just seemed realy shaky and surprised, so te gnomes sent ya to help and protect us huh

The Blackbird
2010-07-26, 08:30 PM
"I've just had a bad week, that's all. Nice to meet you..."

Silverraptor
2010-07-31, 12:04 AM
Zedd reacts instictively, putting his hand over the spot that was slapped. He then glares at the spot where the elf was, silently cursing. He then quietly leaves and begins to walk down the hallway again.

The Blackbird
2010-08-02, 01:48 PM
Zedd

You continue walking down the halls until you run into Carnik who's carrying a large bucket over his head.

"Me need everyone back in entrance room." He says as he passes by.

Silverraptor
2010-08-07, 12:24 AM
Zedd stops by to acknowldge him.
"Alright. And do you know of an elf that may be taking lodging here?"

The Blackbird
2010-08-07, 09:24 PM
Carnik raises an eyebrow at Zedd but answers, "Yes, a new guy. I saw him in entrance hall."

Silverraptor
2010-08-08, 02:05 AM
Zedd slants his eyebrows.
"I see..."

He then follows Carnik back to the entrance hall.

The Blackbird
2010-08-08, 11:09 AM
Zedd abd Carnik go back to the entrance hall, but the only elf Zedd sees is the one talking to Rusty.

"Me need to find Rhyzikiflunak and Amtla. They be here for this.

Stay here please."

Carnik leaves.

NamonakiRei
2010-08-08, 04:43 PM
Amtla looks at Nick, surprised.

"Wow... that's..."

Amtla pauses for a second

"Though I fail to see the problem with that..."

She pauses again, thinking of what Nick just did, and trying to remember if she's seen something like it, or read about it before. [roll0]

The Blackbird
2010-08-08, 04:49 PM
Amtla doesn't think she's seen anything like it before, it seems Nick has some sorcery in him.

Nick smiled at Amtla's "wow" but it drops quicky and he sounds a bit scarred when he continues , "The guy I talked to about it back home said he hadn't seen anything like it before...And he sounded afraid of me...He said it wasn't even real magic...And sometimes I can't control it... He more of mutters the last part almost as though he didn't want you to hear it.

NamonakiRei
2010-08-08, 06:27 PM
"I don't think I've seen anything like that before either, but that doesn't mean it's bad."

Amtla says, and thinks for a moment.

"I'm not really an expert, but maybe what you're doing needs time or practice to get used to..."

The Blackbird
2010-08-08, 06:32 PM
"You don't think it's bad..." He half smiles "Hey Amtla...That wasn't the only reason I came all the way here..."

The door to the room opens then and Carnik peeks his head through, "Me need everyone in entrance hall."

NamonakiRei
2010-08-20, 08:43 PM
"Oh, ok" Amtla says, addressing Carnik.

"I'm sorry, but I think we'll have to finish this conversation later" She says to Nick, "Because this is probably important. Is that okay?"

The Blackbird
2010-08-20, 09:11 PM
Nick just mutters, "Yeah..."

Carnik ushers the two out of the room and leads them down the hall to the entrance room, he also says to Amtla. "Trem wants to talk to you...Later, after this."

NamonakiRei
2010-08-20, 09:44 PM
"Ok... I wonder why, though."

Amtla says, rising an eyebrow for a second.

"Oh, well, I guess I'll know later"

She mutters to herself.

Silverraptor
2010-08-21, 04:23 PM
Zedd watches as Carnik returns with the group. He doesn't say anything unless addressed by someone.

The Blackbird
2010-08-21, 06:08 PM
Rhyziki walks back over to Amtla and looks at her as though he expects her to tell him something. At about the same moment, Nick crosses his arms and floats a couple inches on the ground over to Ilrae.

Carnik moves over to the benches and lifts up the one legged priest over his shoulders, and he speaks to the room. "Hey everyone, you probably don't know me but I'm priest Jornek and Carnik here wants me to do all the speaking for the church from now on. Though, technically he's in charge now... Anyways though, I have an announcement or two. First, there is a rooming issue but that'll be discussed with those affected. The other issue is that we...And this is by no means bad, got a lot more people than we originally thought he would have when we sent out for help. Far too many people to be sending out in a big clump. So we've decided that were going to split the jobs. I have some er...sign up sheets I guess."

He holds up some parchment. "The first attack on the church had about twenty people, and appearently more were engaged today. Were starting to worry if this is an army were dealing with. So this is what were going to do. Some of you are going to leave the church to find as much as you can about the threat to the church, and the others are going to stay here and help guard. I know this is a church of Kord, god of strength and warriors, with Tremorse out were few on really good warriors.

So, I'll be here with the sign ups here, and Carnik's going to talk to people about rooming.

...Uh...That's it, think about what you want to do." Carnik puts him back down on the bench.

Veeda Vidlak
2010-09-29, 07:17 PM
Dale listens to Jornek with his entourage standing silently behind him. When Jornek finishes he walks off with them to a remote corner of the room and they start talking among themselves.

The Blackbird
2010-09-30, 06:43 PM
Some of the people in the room move over to the boards and write their names down on the parchments including Glenbok who signs for defense. Nick walks over to Ilrae and starts talking to him, the gnome joins them as well. Carnik mutters something to Turfin and picks up the large bucket again. Jornek says, "One more thing! It's bath night, anyone who doesn't isn't sleeping here okay? There's a bucket in the room down the hall, us priests will refill it at regular intervals. No more than ten minutes please and don't fight for first...

We also have a bucket upstairs for the two ladies."

Carnik takes his greatsword out of its sheath, and leers at all the men in the room. "And me stand by stairs."
He walks towards the hall with the staircase but also says to Amtla, "You go talk to Trem now." and then to Nick, "You help me watch stairs."

"Huh? Why me?"
"You fly, but now me watch you."
He ushers Nick along down the hall.

NamonakiRei
2010-10-10, 07:24 PM
Amtla nods at Carnik, and looks at Rhyziki.

"I think I should go talk to Trem right now" Amtla says, in a slightly curious voice.

"We'll talk later, I guess" She smiles at him.

The Blackbird
2010-10-10, 07:29 PM
Rhyziki just frowns a bit, but nods and says "Okay."

The Nightwalker
2010-10-10, 10:26 PM
aye then I be goign te sign up for tat investagation then.

Hey rhizzy would ye come here for a little bit.

The Blackbird
2010-10-10, 10:47 PM
As Amtla presumably leaves, Rhyziki turns to Rusty. "What is it Rusty?" He asks sounding a little put off.

NamonakiRei
2010-10-11, 09:15 PM
Amtla goes to where Trem is being held, and knocks on the door before opening it a bit.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

She asks, moving so she can see through the half-open door.

The Blackbird
2010-10-11, 09:23 PM
Tremorse turns to look at her, while still binded in his rope. Amtla now sees the same thing that Dale did, the age of Tremorse Tain that had somehow gone unnoticed before.

"Good, you're here. I was worried you wouldn't come...

I wanted to apologise for yesterday...I know that seems a weak statement from a man who tried to attack you...The stress caused by the threat to the church has greatly unhinged me...I do not expect forgiveness...but I am sorry..."

The Nightwalker
2010-10-11, 10:17 PM
I be wonder if ye would be interested in a old human past time study... *ushers rhizzy closer* and whispers

peeking on te lady's I hear it's a challange among mosy male humans almost like a game.

The Blackbird
2010-10-12, 09:49 PM
Rhyziki glares at Rusty, "I would never invade Amtla's privacy like that."

Turfin meanwhile walks over to Zedd, "Hey man, how good are you with a rope?"

Silverraptor
2010-10-12, 11:41 PM
Zedd raises an eyebrow.
"I don't know too much about them. Why do you ask?"

The Blackbird
2010-10-13, 06:45 PM
"No reason." He says plainly, but with a smirk.

He walks away towards Ilrae, "Hey new guy! You any good with a rope?"

NamonakiRei
2010-10-15, 07:38 PM
Amtla's eyes open a bit in surprise when she first sees Tremorse, and then her face becomes the tiniest bit cold. As he speaks, though, her expression softens, and she gives Tremorse a small smile.

"I can understand that you were under a lot of stress... and, you say you're sorry." She says. "I believe you are... so apology accepted, I guess."

The Blackbird
2010-10-15, 10:39 PM
He sketches a smile too, "You have a good heart Amtla...However, as much as you don't want to hear this."

He switches to a frown and hesitates briefly, "You are in a horribly dangerous situation. Amtla, you cannot trust the goblin...Not even remotely, he is from a kind of liars and killers."
His apologetic tone switches to one almost of desperation, "Please Amtla, I've seen all of this before!"

NamonakiRei
2010-10-16, 06:21 PM
Amtla frowns a bit while she listens to him, and she is silent for a moment.

"What do you mean, you've seen all of this before?"

The Blackbird
2010-10-16, 07:14 PM
Tremorse stands up and turns away from Amtla, muttering to himself.

"Some sixty years ago, there was a small city-state called Tinlend. It's where my parents lived, my father was the guard captain, my mother was a former governor and on the town council. They consisted of the current her, the current governor, an uncle of mine, an elf who would become the man that raised me...and...the infamous Rercyrsus, a goblin who had earned the friendship of my family and was well respected as a member of society. "
The last sentence was spoken with the utmost contempt, he turns back to her and scowls, "When the Wasteland War began he showed his true colors, to his home of origin... He betrayed the secrets of Tinlend's escape routes to the enemy, and they used them in reverse to invade it. Once the attack began, he killed the entire council personally, with the exception of the elf, who escaped.

The elf, David, took me away and raised me, and what he told me from that day was: When he attacked them, he killed my mother last, she actually knelt before him and begged him to snap out of it...she had assumed he had been under mental control...He laughed at her, and ran her through...David never went into detail, though I asked..."
He shudders, then looks Amtla in the eyes, a dead seriousness look on his face.
"Amtla, I would normally not attack a terrified goblin on sight. I really wouldn't, but when I first saw Rhyzikiflunak I recognized him. Though I was so young at the time, I know I remember what he looked like, Amtla. He was the spitting image of Rercyrsus Amtla! I had to attack, he has to be the assassin's son! I can feel it in my blood, truely, I can. I felt as though Kord himself was guiding my blade when I attacked.

...But it was Carnik that stopped the attack, he didn't understand, he's...too naive .

Amtla, you must not be so naive, Carnik will listen to you, you must replace me with Rhyzikiflunak. Speak on my behalf, you have to Amtla, for your own safety, for the safety of the group!"

NamonakiRei
2010-10-17, 10:14 PM
Amtla looks at Tremorse while he talks, frowning slighly. When he stops talking, she looks at him, surprised, and she is silent for some seconds, taking in all this information.

"I..." She stutters, and is silent for a moment again.

"I don't... I don't think that..." She shakes her head, and tries to collect her thoughts. When she speaks again, Amtla seems a lot calmer, and more secure of her words.

"Honestly, I don't think Rhyziki is that type of person. I trust him... and I know he wouldn't do that kind of thing."

"Besides, I don't think he remembers his father much." She adds as an afterthoguht.

The Blackbird
2010-10-17, 10:31 PM
Tremorse slumps back down to his sitting position, and remarks sarcasticly "Because you can obviously tell...

Just think of it this way Amtla, if I'm right, people will die. Dale has told me that he is bringing someone here who will be able to discern whether he is Wastelander, or not. In the meantime, you can switch us. I promise he will be taken good care of, unless it is discovered that he is here as an enemy of course. "
He pauses to let the words sink in, then continues before an answer, "Think Amtla! It is for the safety of everyone! Even Rhyziki himself, as it will be dangerous having a goblin travelling around with you. Let me out, let me lead my church, let me redeem myself! And let the truth be discovered without any casualties!"

NamonakiRei
2010-10-18, 09:49 PM
Amtla frowns for a moment, thinking. When she starts to talk, the frown doesn't leave her face.

"I can't do what you've asked of me," She says, somewhat coldly. "What if you're wrong? What if it's not as you believe it is? You'd be harming someone who's done nothing against you. And it happens to be someone I care about and trust. While I am sorry you have to stay here, I don't agree to this."

Amtla opens the door to leave, and before closing it, she looks at Tremorse for a second, and closes the door.

The Blackbird
2010-10-18, 10:05 PM
"Because naturally, the imprisonment of one weighs more to you than the deaths of many." He snarls, and mutters something.

He stands back up and starts pacing, when she leaves, she sees Tremorse furious. Even as she walks down the corridor she hears a loud pounding sound coming from the cell. From the sound of it, Tremorse could have been hitting the solid stone wall...And damaging it.

Silverraptor
2010-10-18, 10:32 PM
Zedd will be walking aimlessly around the halls again.

The Blackbird
2010-10-19, 12:40 PM
Nothing interesting happens to you, because you are uninteresting.:smalltongue:

Go to bed.

Silverraptor
2010-10-19, 04:42 PM
Nothing interesting happens to you, because you are uninteresting.:smalltongue:

Go to bed.

Fine, he goes to bed.

The Blackbird
2010-10-19, 07:42 PM
Zedd goes to bed. See what I did there?

Amtla goes back upstairs to see Rhyziki waiting for her. Smiling, he takes her hand again, but then frowns and looks concerned when he asks, "What did Tremorse want?"

NamonakiRei
2010-10-19, 08:45 PM
Amtla smiles when she sees Rhyziki, but then her expression becomes more serious as he asks.

"He... wanted to talk." Amtla says, and then shakes her head. "He just said a lot of... rather paranoid stuff."

The Blackbird
2010-10-19, 09:03 PM
Amtla
"Do you want to talk about it?"

Zedd
You dream, Zedd is in the same hell-like land he took Void to last night. Suddenly though, he hears a voice, the voice of said man.
"I thought you'd like the familiar terrain," Void remarks sarcastically, "But we won't have any mind tricks this time, unfortunately for you, that's my specialty."

Zedd freezes up, just like he did in the bar, with the simple intrusion of "hold" in his mind. He topples over and nearly falls into a nearby hole, the fall did leave his face facing down into the hole though.
Zedd hears Void strolling over, and then feels the hard stamp of his foot on his back, then a brief spell. At the spell's end Zedd can see lava erupt from the hole, nearly touching his face. It rises and falls with motions Zedd can only assume The Void is making. Even without it touching, the heat is blistering, and the smell putrid.

"This may be a dream, but don't dare think that you won't be hurt... Now you are going to cooperate, or the punishment will be beyond severe."

NamonakiRei
2010-10-19, 09:30 PM
Amtla shakes her head again.

"No, not right now... it's not really worth talking about." Amtla says, with a small sigh.

The Blackbird
2010-10-19, 09:42 PM
"...Okay." he says, still concerned. "Carnik was going to talk to us about rooming, Tremorse is in the cell now."

He leads Amtla over to the staircase where Carnik and Nick stand, Nick seeming annoyed.

Carnik walks over to them, "Me have it figured. Amtla is gonna room with Emily an' Rhyziki with Dale..."

Rhyziki looks a little alarmed, "Wait what?! The Obsidian guy? Why?"

Carnik shrugs, "It work out that way, me could change it, but not tonight."

Rhyziki looks at Amtla, a little defeated, "I guess I'll go bathe... I'll see you tomarrow Amtla."

Silverraptor
2010-10-19, 11:47 PM
Zedd
You dream, Zedd is in the same hell-like land he took Void to last night. Suddenly though, he hears a voice, the voice of said man.
"I thought you'd like the familiar terrain," Void remarks sarcastically, "But we won't have any mind tricks this time, unfortunately for you, that's my specialty."

Zedd freezes up, just like he did in the bar, with the simple intrusion of "hold" in his mind. He topples over and nearly falls into a nearby hole, the fall did leave his face facing down into the hole though.
Zedd hears Void strolling over, and then feels the hard stamp of his foot on his back, then a brief spell. At the spell's end Zedd can see lava erupt from the hole, nearly touching his face. It rises and falls with motions Zedd can only assume The Void is making. Even without it touching, the heat is blistering, and the smell putrid.

"This may be a dream, but don't dare think that you won't be hurt... Now you are going to cooperate, or the punishment will be beyond severe."

Zedd gives an impatient grunt.
"Familiar terrain, huh? I don't remember this hole here in the countless times I've had this dream."

The Nightwalker
2010-10-20, 05:38 PM
*rusty heads outside with some rope and a drapple hook*

right well time for some human research.

The Blackbird
2010-10-20, 05:51 PM
Zedd gives an impatient grunt.
"Familiar terrain, huh? I don't remember this hole here in the countless times I've had this dream."

...Well actually, it was...But there wasn't magma in it...Anyways,

Void, completely ignoring Zedd, stomps down hard on his back and Zedd could've swore he'd broke something.

"Shut up. I'm not going to be bothering myself with you for a while Zedd, there's work to do. But if you're going to go about and start getting Obsidian on my tail, you're dead, end of story. You're not worth that much."
He stomps again,
"You won't see me again unless I catch you trying to foil my plans. So if I see you again, I'll kill you."
He raises his hand and the lava comes bursting upwards, after the briefest moment of the unendurable burn, Zedd wakes up.

*rusty heads outside with some rope and a drapple hook*

right well time for some human research.

I could say something about the grammar in this statement, but that's not my job now is it?:smalltongue:

Turfin runs out to follow you, "Hey Rusty! Watcha up to?" He grins.

The Nightwalker
2010-10-20, 05:54 PM
*shifty eyes*Some research.....some dwarven research that has te be with dwarfs.

The Blackbird
2010-10-20, 06:24 PM
He winks, Well whatever, I'll just stand here and watch I guess.

NamonakiRei
2010-10-22, 09:14 PM
Amtla doesn't look too happy when she hears the rooming, but she gives Rhyziki a smile.

"See you tomorrow, Rhyziki."
(*grapple hook/grappling hook)
"Um, Carnik? Can I ask you something?"

The Blackbird
2010-10-24, 06:23 PM
Amtla

Carnik nods, "Ya."

Rhyziki walks off, looking a little down.

NamonakiRei
2010-10-29, 08:53 PM
"Why do we have to be with the obsidian people? Why can't we stay together?" Amtla asks Carnik.

The Blackbird
2010-10-29, 10:50 PM
Carnik folds his arms, and thinks for a moment. He considers the question for about a minute before answering, "This is war...Me can't have soldiers getting pregnant."

Nick makes a loud gagging sound.

The Nightwalker
2010-10-31, 09:24 PM
*takes off his armor and puts on a linen shirt**book and pencil in belt*oaky here we go rusty climbs the wall [roll0]

I USE ROPE

The Blackbird
2010-10-31, 09:45 PM
*takes off his armor and puts on a linen shirt**book and pencil in belt*oaky here we go rusty climbs the wall [roll0]

I USE ROPE

Okay, Rusty hooks the grappling hook over the wall of the church, and then climbs quickly up the rope to the flat roof of the church. On there is a door leading back inside, a large bell in a small tower, and one of the large bathing buckets. There's water in it, but not anyone bathing.

The Nightwalker
2010-10-31, 09:47 PM
Okay need a hiding place *hides in the bell*

NamonakiRei
2010-10-31, 10:56 PM
Amtla opens her eyes quite wide and seems to be short of breath for an instant.

"..." Amtla opens her mouth to say something and then closes it again, blushing slightly. "B-but... If... If I say that that won't happen... then would you let us stay together?"

The Blackbird
2010-11-01, 08:10 PM
Carnik bends down to look Amtla straight in the eyes, putting extra emphasis that he's totally serious. "Swear it."

Turfin turns around the corner, with a smirk. "Hey Carnik, I just saw the weirdest thing outside..."

NamonakiRei
2010-11-01, 08:49 PM
Amtla looks back at Carnik, completely serious as well.
"I swear."

The Blackbird
2010-11-01, 08:56 PM
Carnik stares at her for another moment, then nods and actually smiles a bit, "You should go tell him. Me put you in Trem's room..."

He turns to talk to Turifn, "Someones grappled onto the roof Mr. Carnik! No doubt with a less than innocent intention."

He looks over at Amtla, "Perhaps you and Nick should go."

Carnik starts stomping up the stairs with the club in hand, he tells Nick to stay though.

Nick leans against the wall and looks a little put off.

"What's the matter with you? Ooohhh, that's right, you're Amtla's ex or something aren't you?"

Nick growls something to himself, but Turfin keeps talking, "Cheer up, she said she wouldn't get it going with the goblin."

The Nightwalker
2010-11-01, 09:56 PM
Tis doesn't feel right.... *rusty climbs out of the bell and climbs down the roof re entering the church.*

The Blackbird
2010-11-01, 10:17 PM
Rusty
Rusty heads back down into the church, he finds himself in the upper floor of the building, which is like a large dusty attic. Carnik comes up some stairs at the other end with the club in hand, he looks at Rusty and glares at him, "What you doing Rusty?" He asks suspiciously.

Amtla
Turfin says all that while she's still in the hallway, then he starts twirling his hand crossbow with one hand. Nick says, "I'm not her ex-boyfriend..."

"Oh, okay, sorry. Thought you were, especially from the way you look at her..."
He winks at Amtla, "Maybe you've just got a crush. Must suck to having been beaten to her by a gob-"

The room's atmosphere changes suddenly, Amtla as a sorceress can sense some oddity, and Turfin as a bard feels it too. It's like an animals instinct, the feeling of sudden danger, and both feel a short shocking sensation as well.

Nick starts to shake slightly, he grabs at his head as well, he makes a sound as though in pain, he staggers and the spell is broken.

"What in the nine hells..."

Nick stands up straight again, his nose is bleeding, "Go away." He says sternly to Turfin. The bard eyes him for a moment before cautiously walking away, Nick meanwhile wipes the blood from his nose and averts his eyes from Amtla.

The Nightwalker
2010-11-01, 10:19 PM
I was stopin anyone from gettin in the bathhouse Turfin was fiddlin around outside and I was gonna stop him if he was on the roof he wasn't so I just going back to me camp.

NamonakiRei
2010-11-02, 08:54 PM
Amtla looks at Nick, with a rather worried expression. She does take the time to glare at Turfin for a second, and then she gets a couple of steps closer.
"You ok, Nick? You're bleeding."

The Blackbird
2010-11-02, 08:59 PM
Amtla

"...I'm fine Amtla...He just...Made me a little mad.

...You should go, I'll see you tomarrow..."

Turfin sneers before turning the corner, "What a tender moment, I'll be sure to tell the goblin."

Rusty

Carnik is suspecious,
"Me just saw Turfin, he said someone on roof..."

NamonakiRei
2010-11-03, 08:12 PM
"Ok... See you tomorrow, then." Amtla says, still looking a bit worried.

Then she goes down the hall to find Rhyziki, remembering that he went to bathe, so she decides to wait for him.

The Blackbird
2010-11-03, 08:22 PM
Amtla

Complications note: This probably happens after Carnik finishes his conversation with Rusty...Just to avoid confusion.

Amtla is lead to Tremorse's room and given the key to it by Carnik, who mutters something about finding another mattress. The room is the largest bedroom Amtla has seen in the church, it is round in shape with a big bed. The quilt on the bed has the symbol of Kord stitched into it. There's also an empty closet and a writing desk in the room.

NamonakiRei
2010-11-03, 09:03 PM
Amtla walks into the room, looking pleasantly surprised by it.
"Wow, this is a really nice room."
She says, to no one in particular. She leaves her things on the floor by one side of the bed, and starts walking around, looking at the things in the room. She decides to wait for Rhyziki outside of it, so she goes to the hall.

The Blackbird
2010-11-03, 09:07 PM
Amtla

The room is rather uninteresting, there are multiple papers out on Tremorse's desk, notes and prayers to Kord by the looks of it, other than that something of note.

After a little while Rhyziki returns, he had cleaned up nicely, it emphasizes that for a goblin, he can still be considered handsome. He gives a small smile to Amtla and says, "Carnik said for me to meet you here before I go to bed..."

NamonakiRei
2010-11-07, 07:37 PM
Amtla smiles at Rhyziki warmly.

"Yeah." Amtla says, happily. "That's because... well, guess what. Carnik is letting us stay together, here." She says, smiling.

The Blackbird
2010-11-07, 07:40 PM
"R-Really?" He smiles too, "Why did he change his mind?"

The Nightwalker
2010-11-07, 07:59 PM
WHAT THAT LITTLE.... that sneaky rat! he was asking people if they could help him with somethin so I did he wanted me to get a rope on the roof and grab somethin on there when I got up there, I noticed nothing else so I look over and that little bug was gone so instead of me risking falling I'm simply heading back done I'm sorry if I broke a rule but I got me a bard to beat up.

The Blackbird
2010-11-07, 08:05 PM
Rusty

Carnik stares at Rusty suspeciously for a moment, looking stern. But then he smirks and says "Okay, you do that."

He walks back downstairs.