PDA

View Full Version : Super Hero

Orzel
2009-12-25, 06:56 AM
In the game of Super Hero, you take the role of a superhuman or someone who has to deal with them. Who will conquer the city or save it?

There are 2 sides in the war for the city. Each side has their own victory condition.

Superhero: Superheroes protect the innocent and fight evil. Each superhero starts with a superpower. The Superheros win if all the villains are Dead, Injured, or Arrested.
Supervillain: Supervillains want to take over the city. Each supervillains starts with a superpower. The first Supervillain with 1 Henchmen and 2 Sacks O' Money with at least one dead superhero wins .

Typical you want more Villains than Heroes.

Issues

Any player may create an issue by posting in the thread. While the issue runs, any player may enter the issue and either fight or aid the creator. An issue lasts for 48 hours. At the end of the issue, any player may display who won the combat if there is one (There's no official narrator.). Players normally can only be in one issue at a time. Once a plyer enters a issue, they cannot leave it until it ends if other players are in the issue.

Issue announcements, team formation, and issue shuold be posted in the same color.

Types of Issues:
Robbery (Villains only): The villain robs a bank, museum, or lab. If the creator's team is victorious, each member of the team gets 2 Sacks O' Money. If the creator's team lose, his entire team is Arrested.
Jailbreak: Someone busts a large hole in the side of the prison. If the creator's team is victorious, every player loses the Arrested penalty if they have it. If the creator's team lose, they are all Injured.
Street Brawl: A big Superhero battle in the middle of the city. All members of the losing team are Injured.
Recruitment: The super being searches for allies. If the creator's team is victorious, he gain a Sidekick (if a hero) or any type of Henchmen (if a villain). The side with the most villains win ties during Recruitment.
Trap: One super calls another out via threats, humiliation, or hostages. The creator must announce who the trap is for (the target cannot be Arrested). If the target of the trap does not enter the issue on the attacking team before it ends, he is Injured. If the trap's target loses the combat, he is Dead.

Combat

When a player enters another's issue and attack them, a combat occurs. Other players not currently in other issues may join the attacker's or creator's team. At the even of the issue, the sums of point values of the attacker's team is compared with the creator's team sum and the higher one is victorious. In case of a tie, the side with more superheros win. The creator and the original attacker may refuse a player's aid.

After a combat, losers often might suffer a penalizing condition. Injured players lose 3 Power in the next issue they are in. Arrested players lose all henchmen and can only participate in Jailbreaks. Dead players lose all sidekicks and henchmen, and cannot participate in any issues for 72 hours.

Henchmen and Sidekicks.

A Sack O' Money can be traded for Henchmen or Sidekicks.. Players currently not in issues can trade Henchmen.
Henchmen come in 4 types (Thugs, Ninja, Monsters, and Robots) and increase their owners power by 2. Sidekicks increase their master's power by 1. Some powers can negate Henchman. Negated Henchman do not grant their power increase to their masters.

Purchases and traded should be Bolded

Powers:

Super Strength: 7 Power
Super Agility/Speed: 5 Power, Negates all Thugs on the opposing side.
Elementalist: 5 Power, Negate all Robots on the opposing side
Martial Arts: 5 Power, Negate all Ninja on the opposing side.
Magician: 5 Power, Negates all Monsters on the opposing side.
Flight: 5 Power, 8 Power in Street Brawl issues
Super Smart: 5 Power normally, 8 Power in Trap issues.
Teleportation: 5 Power normally, 8 Power in Jailbreak issues.
Charisma/Hypnotism: 1 Power, +1 Power for every Henchman in the combat (even negated and opposing ones)
Duplication: 3 Power, May be in multiple issues at once.
Super Tough: 4 Power, Cannot be Injured except by Traps.

Game Starts in the New Year, Jan 1st.

The Confirmed and Current Supers:
{table=head] Name |Artist |Powers |Alignment | Sidekick/Crew
The Trapper| Orzel | Super Smart | Hero| None
Legion | Robert Blackletter | Duplication| Villain |None
The Fullbladder | Lord Fullbladder | Super Smart| Villain| None
Agmund | Hobbitkniver | Super Strong | Villain|None
Sir Raphael Wright | banthesun | Charismatic| Villain| None
TehSheen | TehSheen | Super Strong | Hero | None
[/table]

The Bookworm
2009-12-29, 12:34 PM
I'll play!

TehSheen
2009-12-29, 01:00 PM
I'll play with the Super Strength Power, preferrably. Sign me up as a player of Team Good!

Robert Blackletter
2009-12-29, 02:46 PM
I'll play. Do we choose our powers? If yes, may I have dulication and teleportation.

smuchmuch
2009-12-29, 05:17 PM
I'll give it a try as a super villain.

banthesun
2009-12-29, 09:19 PM
In, possibly as a chaotic magictian. Or a charismatic villian.

Dirk Kris
2009-12-30, 05:31 PM
Sounds fun - I'm in. Do we choose power(s), all that?

Orzel
2009-12-30, 06:39 PM
Yes, you get to choose one power and alignment .

hobbitkniver
2009-12-31, 01:27 PM
I'll play as a super strength villian.

PS: You might consider adding gadgets or weapons as special rewards.

Robert Blackletter
2009-12-31, 01:41 PM
only one power? Well I have diplucation and bad guy. Is there a hard limit to the number of issures I can be in?

Orzel
2009-12-31, 04:03 PM
only one power? Well I have diplucation and bad guy. Is there a hard limit to the number of issures I can be in?

You can be in unlimited issues but only create 1 of your own.
I'm going as a super smart hero myself.

Blue Ghost
2009-12-31, 04:51 PM
In as a magician hero.

hobbitkniver
2009-12-31, 04:57 PM
I think we're going to have too many heroes. Also, I'm a little unclear as to whether the heroes are rivals or allies and same for villians. And 3rd, any avatar artists want to create me a visual aid for my villian?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-12-31, 05:38 PM
I'll play if I'm not too late (timezones, etc.). Villain side.

Now, do I choose Duplication to replicate the classic Fullbladder skill of tending to pop up everywhere, Teleportation to replicate the same thing, or Super Smart to set him down the curve of being a Fullbladderian Mad Engineer?

Super Smart.

banthesun
2009-12-31, 11:34 PM
I'm settling for the charismatic villian. Consider that choice locked in.

EDIT: Perhaps we could let new players join at any time. That ought'a make the game more interesting.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-01, 02:54 PM
I begin to rob a bank as of 3:03 PM, January 1st. I invite any villian who would like to join my assault. I am a superstrength villian with no helpers, so my power is 7.

Edit: Nevermind about 3:03, just use post time. It's easier plus my clock seems to be off

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-01, 03:11 PM
Well I'm willing to help, you rob the bank, I'm a villian with dulilcation so add 3 for an effective score of 10

I'm called legion, original I know, :smile: but if any want to role play I'm providing the man power on a grunt level

2010-01-01, 03:19 PM
The Fullbladder will grace your little robbery, as well. Being a hyper-intellegent villain, I add 5 to the score for an effective whatzit of 15.

My chessboard is at the cleaner's. Look, just follow my plan, okay?

Orzel
2010-01-01, 04:03 PM
The Trapper requires aid of heroes to save the city. My super smarts needs some super brawn.

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-01, 04:43 PM
issue start, I, legion, is recruiting. Join me for the pension plan

Orzel
2010-01-01, 06:08 PM
EDIT: forgot your power.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-01, 06:10 PM
Be afraid Orzel! You cannot stop the fury of Agmund. Fullbladder, your body is small but your help is appreciated. As is yours Legion. We will bleed them dry with minimal resistance!

Agmund is a large man at about 9' tall. He is burly, wearing a sleeveless shirt made of various furs. He wears woad on his face with a short beard. He doesn't seem to be armed prefering a direct fist brawl.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-01, 06:11 PM
You can't be one issue and create one.

He has duplication, from what you said it seems he is fine. He started one and is just helping in another.

Edit: Also, one question. Blackletter started his issue just after mine, from what I understand, I could join his last minute right after mine, but how will I know when it started?

Orzel
2010-01-01, 07:14 PM
His issue starts at post time since he didn't state one .

Gotta make list of supers so everyone post their power and alignment.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-01, 10:37 PM
Super Strength, Evil

2010-01-01, 11:57 PM
What, again?

Super Smart, Villain.

banthesun
2010-01-02, 02:12 AM
A black limousine pulls up outside the bank seemingly oblivious to the chaos. A fat man steps out of the car, dressed in an immaculately tailored suit and smoking a cigar. The door closes behind him as he takes in the scene, blowing a cloud of smoke. Flicking the still smouldering remnants of the cigar into the gutter, Sir Raphael Wright enters the back to withdraw a considerable sum of money.

Join the bank robbery on the side of the villians. H=5 V=16

Sir Raphael Wright - Ex-CEO, Ex-Politician, Philanthropist
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/raphaelwright.png
Charismatic Villain

hobbitkniver
2010-01-02, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure that Orzel officially joined the brawl. He just asked for some help from the other Heroes.

TehSheen
2010-01-02, 01:54 PM
I'm Super Strength, Good, and I'm joining the robbery on the side of good, trying to arrest the villains.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-02, 11:29 PM
During a robbery, if the Heroes lose, does anything happen to them? Your description doesn't mention what happens if this is the case.

Orzel
2010-01-03, 12:24 PM
Attackers don't recieve a punishment except in Street Brawls.
But they gain nothing either.

Villians are potentially stronger because of minions but only one villian can win.
Heroes can't gain minions (unless they help a villain during robbery) but they win as a group.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-03, 02:54 PM
The robbery was a success. The villians Agmund, Fullbladder, Legion and Sir Raphael Wright each receive 2 Sacks O' Money. Final score: Hero:7 Villians:16

hobbitkniver
2010-01-03, 02:56 PM
I join Legion in recruiting adding 7 to his power of 3. Heroes: 0 Villians: 10

2010-01-03, 03:34 PM
The Fullbladder's engineering telents are great.

Henchman purchase: Robot (1)

Power +2. (Bags o' Money -1)
Total: Power: 7 (10 in traps), Bags o' Money 1

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-03, 04:41 PM
issue start, I, legion, is recruiting. Join me for the pension plan
Issue closed

Mine and hobbit kniver have gained a henchman. I'm having a Pet ninja. And with my money I'm buying a pet tigger(monster henchman) and an automatic waiter (robot henchman) for a total power level of 9

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-03, 04:59 PM
new issue I'm setting a trap for tehsheen

V=9 H=0

hobbitkniver
2010-01-03, 05:12 PM
For my Recruitment succes, I chose a ninja. With my 2 sacks O' money, I buy a thug and a monster. Power: 7+2+2+2=13

hobbitkniver
2010-01-03, 05:17 PM
I begin another robbery. I am a superstrength villian so I have 7 power. I have 3 henchman which are all +2, so a combined +6 giving me 13 power.

I used purple as to not confuse it with the trap.

Orzel
2010-01-03, 06:23 PM
I require a partner. I'm of the the local gym to recruit the bext wrestler.

The Trapper: Issue #1
Spring the Beartrap.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-03, 06:26 PM
If the target of a trap is killed when they fail and only injured when they don't participate, then why wouldn't they just ignore the trap?

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-03, 06:49 PM
I begin another robbery. I am a superstrength villian so I have 7 power. I have 3 henchman which are all +2, so a combined +6 giving me 13 power.

I used purple as to not confuse it with the trap.
I'm in on this robbery so it's
V=21 H=0

2010-01-03, 11:45 PM
I'll handle the planning for the robbery again.

V=28

Orzel
2010-01-04, 06:23 AM
You villians do realize that only one of you can win.

It's not the Villains VS the Heroes.
You can fight each other. Actually you'll have to.

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-04, 09:10 AM
I know, hence why i got a trap set up.

2010-01-04, 01:04 PM
Eventually, sure. But first we can work together, learn each other's weaknesses and such.

TehSheen
2010-01-04, 03:50 PM
I'll choose to ENGAGE in the trap. Can any other superheroes go into the issue? If not, then I win the issue, and Legion is Arrested.

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-04, 04:57 PM
I'll choose to ENGAGE in the trap. Can any other superheroes go into the issue? If not, then I win the issue, and Legion is Arrested.
Sorry bud but you lose unless someone supports you I got 3 man that add 6 to my power

Orzel
2010-01-04, 05:09 PM
Actually you lose. Only the creator gains minions during recruitment. Recruitment is safer but only benefits one guy.

TehSheen
2010-01-04, 07:53 PM
I shall aid you, fellow champion of Good! Basically, I help Orzel recruit.

2010-01-04, 08:24 PM
Oh dear. I'd help, but I'm a bit busy over here, going over the bank blueprints. Bad luck, chap.

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-04, 08:25 PM
Actually you lose. Only the creator gains minions during recruitment. Recruitment is safer but only benefits one guy.
I was the Creator of the issue and I paid for two more with my winning from the bank heist s surely I should win the trap as I have three hench man.
@tehseen have you not step into my trap? So therefore unable to help orzel?

hobbitkniver
2010-01-05, 07:47 PM
I'm afraid I'm a bit confused now, does the villian have to have killed the heroe to win? Or can you win with someone else killing them?

Orzel
2010-01-07, 06:22 AM
Any dead hero would work.

By the way...

The Trapper watches a small woman defeat a much larger man in a short martial arts exhibition. Her use of strategy and strong submission skill causes her to be asked to his apprentice. She is now Snare.

Trapper Issue # 1 ends.

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-07, 07:49 AM
Tehsheen walk into my trap and is dead issue close.

If i get the money from the robbery then i win.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-07, 04:23 PM
Tehsheen walk into my trap and is dead issue close.

If i get the money from the robbery then i win.

From what I understand, it'd be a tie between you me and Fullbladder.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-07, 04:27 PM
Orzel, you might improve this game by making it harder to win. Add more powers, issues, ect. and this game could have some true potential.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-08, 06:58 PM
The robbery is done. Me, Robert Blackletter and Fullbladder all recieve 2 sacks O' loot. I think we have a winner(s). I'm just wating for Orzel to clarify.

Orzel
2010-01-08, 08:03 PM
Yeah you two win. The city is now controlled by Legion, the Fullbladder, and Agmund. But how long will this alliance last?

I have ideas for new issues but I'm lost on a new villain victory.

hobbitkniver
2010-01-10, 04:04 PM
Maybe villians are more like antagonists than players and don't win but only try to stop the heroes from winning?