PDA

View Full Version : CD Difficulties

Partof1
2009-12-25, 11:34 AM
I can't copy my copy of Dark Side Of The Moon to mu iTunes.

The cd isn't blank, my computer isn't broken. Do I have a funny setting on, perhaps?

It says the cd is "designed to play on both CD and SACD players as well as SACD compatible dvd players"

What do I need to do to make my computer work with this SACD?

Partof1
2009-12-27, 02:17 AM
Please help. Or direct me to a site or person who may know more about this. :smallsigh:

Swordgleam
2009-12-27, 02:36 AM
I think you need to post more information. What happens when you put the CD in? Can you access the files through another program? Can you see the files on the disk?

Partof1
2009-12-27, 03:20 AM
It works in my dvd player, but my computer just doesn't register the disk. It (iTunes or the computer) will usually prompt me to copy a disk, but it doesn't show anything, even if I try to play it on Windows Media.

Jimorian
2009-12-27, 04:17 AM
It looks like your computer isn't recognizing the CD layer of the disc. Newer DVD players recognize and will play back the SACD layer, so that test doesn't mean much unless you try it in a dedicated CD player.

It might not be a hybrid CD/SACD with the different layers, in which case you're out of luck. From what I'm reading via google, ripping the actual SACD content requires very sophisticated geekery and equipment.

If all else fails, you can get an adaptor and use the DVD player audio output to copy the analog signal.

Partof1
2009-12-27, 03:18 PM
It specifically said hybrid. I tried it on our cd player, a boombox thing, and it worked.

I lent it to my cousin, to see if any of his computers worked, then he can copy it to a normal cd.

Zeb The Troll
2009-12-29, 02:52 AM
Not to be unhelpful, but, I know this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135059) fell off the first page for lack of usage, but really, it's a good idea so try to post there instead of making four to five threads per day* on this topic.

*There are 7 of these on page one right now. Let's try to consolidate, okay?