PDA

View Full Version : Computer Wizzes ITP: Help!

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-25, 01:06 PM
I received Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac today for Christmas. However, when I tried to install it on my G5 PowerMac, I got the message that "Photoshop Elements 8 no longer supports the PowerPC CPU Architecture" or something similar, and the installation failed.

A quick Google search tells me that the PowerPC CPU Architecture is a CPU design made by IBM-Apple-Motorola, that was discontinued in Apple products in 2005.

I currently have a very expensive paperweight sitting on my computer desk. Can anyone help me find a way to make my computer accept and run this disk, or will I have to beg the CustServ at whatever store it was purchased to take it back and go buy a pre-2005 version?

bluewind95
2009-12-25, 05:16 PM
I'm afraid that, as far as I know, you can't do anything about that kind of error. YOu'll most possibly have to take it back to the store, I'm afraid. Or buy a new computer...

Zeb The Troll
2009-12-29, 02:56 AM
Not to be unhelpful, but, I know this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135059) fell off the first page for lack of usage, but really, it's a good idea so try to post there instead of making four to five threads per day* on this topic.

*There are 7 of these on page one right now. Let's try to consolidate, okay?

Yarram
2009-12-29, 05:04 AM
PowerPc? Woooowww.... Oooollld Architecture! :smallbiggrin:

I'd get a new PC, or at least just leave the disk alone until I need a new PC anyway.