PDA

View Full Version : DnD jedi class?

gallagher
2009-12-25, 03:20 PM
hey all,

i have been on a recent star wars binge, watching all the movies, playing all the games, and stabbing a hayden christensen voodoo doll... i was wondering if there was a class (homebrewed or otherwise) that resembled a jedi?

i assume that it would be a mix between a monk and a paladin. monks for their unarmored abilities, good skill points and alot of options for them, and the speed bonuses definately help with the jumping. paladin for the martial ability (obviously, lightsabers)

and if there isnt, wouldnt it require completely overpowered stats? or would it be a class feature that high wisdom can replace DEX for things thanks to the force? i would assume that wisdom is necessary, and a high constitution is also mandatory. good intelligence makes sense and charisma is somewhat necessary for social behavior

NPCMook
2009-12-25, 03:27 PM
Star Wars RCR, is 3.5 Star Wars, and includes several variants on the Jedi.

Ryuuk
2009-12-25, 03:27 PM
Well, a Warblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2) might be able to emulate some of a Jedi's abilities. Diamond mind maneuvers and points in Concentration for will power, Tiger Claw and Jump ranks for insane acrobatics, Iron Heart maneuvers for simply being a badass with a sword (Parrying anything from sword blows, to arrows, to rays with Wall of Blades, for example). Its just a matter of looking over the maneuvers.

As for the Lightsaber, a +1 Brilliant Energy sword should fit nicely. A Kensai (a Complete Warrior prestige class, they make their own magic weapon) might work too, as might a Soulknife (although, then the lightsaber becomes something innate to the character, not a piece of equipment)

Tanuki Tales
2009-12-25, 03:30 PM
As for the Lightsaber, a +1 Brilliant Energy sword should fit nicely. A Kensai (a Complete Warrior prestige class, they make their own magic weapon) might work too, as might a Soulknife (although, then the lightsaber becomes something innate to the character, not a piece of equipment)

Soulknife as written? It's still just a piece of equipment.

Draz74
2009-12-25, 03:37 PM
Psychic Warrior all the way! (Or Ardent ... more PP, but not enough feats.)

Here's a Jedi PsyWar build I've posted before:

Human
Level 1: Hidden Talent, Speed of Thought, Skill Focus (concentration); Precognition, Inertial Armor
Level 2: Linked Power; Adrenaline Boost
Level 3: Power Attack; Urban Strider
Level 4: Hustle
Level 5: Psionic Meditation; Metaphysical Weapon
Level 6: Martial Study (Action before Thought); Detect Hostile Intent
Level 7: Body Purification
Level 8: Cleave; Defensive Precognition
Level 9: Expanded Knowledge; Telekinetic Boomerang, Psionic Suggestion
Level 10: Psionic Freedom of Movement
Level 11: Martial Study (Insightful Strike); Prowess
Level 12: Expanded Knowledge; Telekinetic Thrust, Psionic Lion's Charge
Level 13: Perfect Riposte
Level 14: Expanded Knowledge; Offensive Precognition, Psychic Reformation
Level 15: Martial Study (Ruby Nightmare Blade); Adapt Body
Level 16: Personal Mind Blank
Level 17: Expanded Knowledge; Dispelling Buffer, Schism
Level 18: Martial Stance (Hearing the Air); Energy Adaptation
Level 19: Inconstant Location
Level 20: Expanded Knowledge; Suspend Life, Power Resistance

HCL
2009-12-25, 04:01 PM
The psychic warrior variant that trades a bonus feat for a mind blade.

Kelb_Panthera
2009-12-25, 05:08 PM
The jedi defender and jedi counselor(I think it was counselor) in the star-wars saga manual aren't hard to adapt.

Jack_Banzai
2009-12-25, 05:52 PM
In 4e, the Ardent is practically a Jedi.

Noodles2375
2009-12-25, 06:13 PM
If you're playing gestalt Warblade//Psion is pretty outstanding.

You have a bit of MAD, (dex or str + int) but at least int synergizes slightly with warblade.

Pluto
2009-12-25, 07:54 PM
See the Bard.

Mind tricks from the enchantment school.
Ghost Sound for Obi-Wan trickery.
Expeditious Dodge for silly jumping.
Mage Hand/Unseen Servant for grabbing your Light Sabre from afar.
A well fitting skill list (Social fluency and sneaky stealthfulness).
3/4 BA and good reflex/will saves seem fitting.
UMD for a Wand of Flame Blade (read: Lightsabre).

...Yup. No tricky builds necessary (though they are possible).

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-25, 09:16 PM
Paladin2/Sorcerer4/Spellsword1/Abjurant Champion5/Sacred Exorcist8

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-26, 12:09 AM
Warlock. You make blades with your mind, can shoot people with raw energy, convince others to do anything, fly, and half of them can burn themselves up for more power.

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-26, 02:13 AM
In 4e, we call it a Swordmage. Or sometimes an Ardent. Or an Avenger. Depends on if you want to defend people or fix them up after the fact, or hunt down enemies of the church jedi order. In any case, you're one brilliant energy weapon away from playing a jedi.

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-26, 06:15 AM
Warlock. You make blades with your mind, can shoot people with raw energy, convince others to do anything, fly, and half of them can burn themselves up for more power.

I like this idea.

Google also found me this homebrew. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Jedi_Knight_(DnD_Class)) Haven't looked at it, just thought I'd post it.

Optimystik
2009-12-26, 06:17 AM

This (using Eldritch Glaive to make the "lightsaber" of course.)

Vorpalbob
2009-12-26, 01:03 PM
Why not just play SW Saga? It is a system designed for Star Wars instead of adapted from an existing system.

Granted, it borrows a lot from other D20 systems, but still a fun system.