PDA

View Full Version : CoA IV: Wonderland Invaded (Recruiting)

Fortuna
2009-12-25, 06:35 PM
CoA IV: Wonderland Invaded recruitment

You, good playgrounders, will be playing Wonderlanders and Mirrorians from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass respectively. The Red Queen of Mirroria has started an invasion of Wonderland, to the anger of the Queen of Hearts. The rules are same as ever, but flavour is different.

Please, try to keep within flavor. I can and will deny places to people who do not follow this rule. Original characters are also preferred.

Name: [e.g. The Mad Hatter, The Red Queen, etc.]

Appearance: [e.g. a red chess queen.]

Contacts and skills: [3-5 relevant contacts and skills; each power/skill must be a separate entry, a simple list won't do. Example below:]

Chess Army: The Red Queen has command of her entire chess side, who will do more or less exactly what she says. They will fight to the death, but will also insist on regular tea breaks.
Running: Due to the Red Queen's childhood training, she is able to maintain a running speed of 15 mph for up to ten minutes without difficulty.
Impossibility: The Red Queen is fully capable of imagining impossible things, and uses these to defend herself from mental attacks. They also confuse the living daylights out of anyone talking to her if she so chooses.

Game rules:

I Character creation

1. Post your character's name and a description in the recruitment thread.
1.1 The name should be appropriate for the theme of the game.
1.2 The description should include at least the character's favored method of killing. Other details on his appearance, personality and modus operandi are also appreciated.
2. Send the GM your character's secret in a PM. What the secret is depends on the theme of the game, but it is usually a secret identity or vulnerability.

Secret: PM this to me: do NOT post it on the game thread. This may be a skeleton in your character's closet or an actual physical weakness.

II The game round

1. The GM posts a list of all remaining characters, and a list of secrets that are connected to those characters.
2. Send the GM a PM with a guess. If you can guess correctly which secret belongs to which character, that character dies at the end of the round. Write your guess in the following format: [character] is [secret]
2.1 Once you've sent your PM, you cannot change your guess. The only exception to this rule is that if your target is invalid, you can change your target.
2.2 You can only target characters and secrets listed by the GM.
2.3 You cannot target your own character, but you can target your character's secret.
2.4 The deaths occur simultaneously, and thus it is possible for two characters to kill each other, or even for all remaining characters to die on the same round.
2.5 If two or more players kill the same target, it counts as an assisted kill for each of the players.
2.6 If you don't send a PM to the GM, or your PM does not have a valid guess in it, you are considered to be absent on that round. Two consecutive absences result in auto-elimination.
2.7 You are allowed to send your guess in advance if you know you'll otherwise be absent on a round. You may include conditions as necessary to avoid choosing an invalid target.
3. You may roleplay your character in the game thread. It is not obligatory, but it is recommended.
4. You may make pacts with other players. A pact may be public (made in the game thread) or secret (made in PMs). In either case, any such pacts are non-binding.
5. When 48 hours (2 days) have passed or everyone has sent in their PMs, the GM narrates the deaths and lists all guesses made that round. The guesses are listed in the following format: [character A]: [character B] is [secret] (miss!/HIT!)
6. The GM checks how many players are left.
6.1 If there are no characters alive, the game is over and there is no winner.
6.2 If there is one character left, that player wins the game. If there are two characters left, the one with more kills wins; if it's still a tie, unassisted kills determine the winner.
6.3 If there are three or more characters left, a new round begins.

The Bookworm
2009-12-29, 12:36 PM
In as The Mad Hatter, profile up in a few hours.

Kensen
2009-12-29, 02:12 PM
Reserving a spot in the game. I hope my bad puns won't get me killed... On the other hand, Lewis Carroll loved puns :smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2009-12-29, 03:30 PM
Name: The Chaotic Cat of Choices

Appearance: The Chaotic Cat of Choices appears much like The Cheshire Cat at first appearence, but after a moment, you notice that he does not smile. And his coat is a silky black, instead of striped. The Chaotic Cat of Choices does not choose sides, indeed he does not care. He's there to maintain the delicate balance between chaos and order. With the war raging on, he'll favor any side. His trademark is to help people and offer them two choices, and only two choices.

Contacts and skills:

Natural Knowledge: The Chaotic Cat of Choices knows every secret corner and nook in Wonderland. If your hiding somewhere in it, he'll be able to find.

It alsos knows what happens in Wonderland at every moment. It keeps this knowledge in the back of its mind when talking to others and draws upon it at any moments notice.

De-Bodidized: The Chaotic Cat of Choices can split apart his body and reform it at will.

Two Choices: The Chaotic Cat of Choices is made purely out of logic. With the fact that it knows everything that goes on in Wonderland, it can offer it recepient two choices, based on what it knows is going on. It might choose to hide some of the truth, but what it says is almost always true. It can lie, but it strongly prefers not too.

The two choices it offers are not always the best thing to do for the moment. But whatever choice the recepient makes, the chaotic cat does not influenece it, it only states them. Thus no responsibility for its choices can be blamed on it.

Survival Instinct: Just like the Cheshire Cat, The Chaotic Cat of Choices can dissapear and reappear at will in any part of Wonderland, or even do single body parts.

Background: Always the odd ball out, The Chaotic Cat of Choices is not what it seems. It is related to the Cheshire Cat by blood, but hates this fact as everyone seems to love The Cheshire Cat but hate him. It never fights physically, but uses his words as his weapon. Usually by offering his recepient two choices and watch as they torture themselves by their own mistakes.

billtodamax
2009-12-29, 07:49 PM
Name: Gawkins
Appearance: A very tall and lanky man, wearing a blue suit that's far too small for him. He has a very thin and straggly covering of hair on his head, but it's not that way because of age, but because of lack of care.
Contacts/Skills:
Non-threatening: Gawkins is not taken seriously, even by the residents of Wonderland, and as such they don't consider him in their plans.
Poisons expertise: Gawkins, despite his apparent insanity, is incredibly skilled in the use of posions.

He usually uses them to hurt people who don't pay attention to him.
Not... quite... there: Gawkins occasionally seems to... flicker. While it's rare in normal conversation, when he's stressed, he starts flickering more and more, and moving further and further when he reappears. It's deeply confusing, and makes him incredibly hard to hit.

Kensen
2009-12-30, 05:43 AM
Name: Mr. Liddell

Appearance: Mr. Liddell appears to be a man in his mid-twenties. His hair is brown and curly. He is often seen wearing a dark bowler hat (US: derby), a neat brown jacket, and a gray cotton shirt and trousers that don't quite reach his ankles.

Contacts and skills:

Amazing luck: Mr. Liddell is amazingly lucky, in fact so lucky that he makes Irishmen look like Russians. He usually won't resort to violence and he usually doesn't have to because anyone trying to attack him usually dies in a comical and grotesque fashion in a freak accident of some kind.

Bad Puns: Mr. Liddell is infamous for his particularly bad puns. Worse yet, the puns have some reality-altering magic in them.

Forgetful: "How can that be a skill?" you may ask. But being forgetful has saved his life more than once. The skill also has some reality-altering magic to it: if he forgets how something works or what something does, it probably won't work or do what it was supposed to. This may also be the reason why Mr. Liddell doesn't seem to get older, he simply forgot to.

Background: Years ago (or was it decades ago?) Mr. Liddell was returning home from the pub. He decided to take a shortcut across a field but stumbled upon an unusually large rabbit hole and fell. When he came to, he was in a weird-looking place and had no idea what had happened. Mr. Liddell has been living in Wonderland ever since. He knows most denizens of Wonderland, but is largely neutral in the conflict between Wonderland and the Mirrorians.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-12-30, 10:24 AM
I honestly know nothing about this flavor of COA...

Name: Tweedledoo
Appearance: Exactly like Tweedledum and Tweedledee, except Tweedledoo's hat has a baseball bat on it.
Contacts and Skills:
Hat Whack: Tweedledoo can whack people and things with the baseball bat on his hat.
Home Run: Basically a Hat Whack that knocks people out of sight.
Right Field: A less powerful version of the Home Run.
Background: Tweedledoo is the shunned third brother of Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

calar
2010-01-01, 03:23 PM
Im in, give me a sec to post my character.

calar
2010-01-03, 04:08 PM
Name: Nicolai Hythloday

Apperance: A withered old man of around 70 with scraggly white hair and a vacant expression. Wears a bright lime green jacket and orange trousers. He carries an old oak cane and wears big yellow boots.

Contacts and Skills:

Insanity: Nicolai is about as insane as they come. It is almost impossible to speak with him for more than a few sentences without completely losing track of the conversation. He speaks in nonsense, talks to the invisible and inanimate, and is known for erupting into fits of incomprehensible babbling.

Friends: While being insane, Nicolai has an uncanny knack for making friends. He is mostly harmless and rather enduring to most kind-hearted people he meets. This also seems to extend to more than just people as even the animals seem to be more friendly to him. More than a few people have speculated this is perhaps even supernatural in nature, but this is unconfirmed. Needless to say, because of this he has many friends far and wide across wonderland.

Mental Breakdown: While being a harmless old man most of the time, Nicolai occasionally has periods of mental breakdowns, usually when attacked or angered. When this happens, reality seems to bend around him. The area around him becomes darkened, the weather will start going crazy, and horrible "accidents" start happening around him. This rarely happens however since Nicolai almost never gets angry and everyone loves Nicolai anyway.

Background: Perhaps the strangest thing about Nicolai is his lack of background. By all accounts he has always been around, always been the same, and never been any younger or older. He is like a permanent fixture in wonderland that no one knows where he came from or how long its been there. He has simply always been there.

Kensen
2010-01-03, 04:57 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the deaths will be narrated, considering that most of the characters don't have directly offensive powers. :smalltongue: Many accidents will happen, I presume.

Robert Blackletter
2010-01-03, 05:36 PM
Dose anyone have a link to a free copy of the text ( asuming there out of copyright if there not please do not shout.) I want to play but not read the books

Fortuna
2010-01-04, 02:47 AM
Project Gutenburg (www.gutenburg.org) is really good for that kind of thing, that being the point of it. Specifically, I think that you want this (http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/11) page.

calar
2010-01-07, 05:56 PM
Come on people, join. We need more than this.

Helgraf
2010-01-07, 09:42 PM
Since I'm utterly confused as to how this game works, it makes getting involved a titch intimidating.

Deathslayer7
2010-01-08, 01:15 AM
it's not as complicated as it seems. Where are you confused?

Nehh
2010-01-08, 02:04 AM
In!

Name: Mirian

Appearance: A simple mirror in a black frame, Mirian is the daughter of the mirror that featured in Alice Through the Looking-Glass. Inside the mirror is a world looking exactly like the world outside except with the contrast inverted. People can travel through the mirror to the inverse world, but Mirian doesn't like this unless they show a valid ticket.

Contacts and Skills:
Inverted: Mirian is a portal through to a world with inverted contrast.

Ticket Please: Mirian can print off a ticket to anyone who pays the proper fee.

Immobile: Mirian absolutely refuses to move in any circumstances.

Background: Mirian is the result of an accident in a film processing studio when editing an interview with her famous mother. She has a dark sense of humour, but only on one side.

rakkoon
2010-01-08, 02:39 AM
I was going to skip a COA game but what the hell

Name: Dodo

Appearance: a human-sized anthromorphic dodo

Contacts and skills:

Lewis Carrol: Being the alter ego of the writer, the Dodo can communicate with him to give comments on the story as it develops. Sometimes the writer adapts the story, sometimes not.

Arbiter: because of his superb (hah) reasoning skills, he is immediately chosen as a wise bird that can referee any game. No one knows why everybody thinks he's wise but they all agree on it.

Political attack: being a mirror image of a politician he can destroy someones personality by inciting the other residents

Kensen
2010-01-08, 03:16 AM
Ah, excellent. Seven characters submitted. :smallsmile: Just a few more...

Helgraf, the game is really very simple. The rules may seem more complex than they really are. First, each player submits a character and sends the GM a secret in a PM. The character description is just flavor, something the GM can make use of in his narrative.

When the game begins, everyone makes guesses round after round. If you can guess to which character a secret belongs, you kill that character. Have a look at the CoA III thread and you'll see how it works. You can roleplay your character, but it won't affect the outcome of the guesses anyhow.

Shameless advertising:

I changed my plans regarding the next game I'll host. There'll be no Mook Wars, at least not anytime soon. Instead I've been designing a game called Goblins: the Exodus where each player controls a family of goblins. Together, the goblin families form a tribe with hundreds of gobbos in it. The goblins were formerly servants of a great evil, but now they're free! It's a game of survival, politics, resource management, cooperation and competition. Recruitment coming up soon!

Kensen
2010-01-10, 08:26 AM
Come on people, join, join, JOIN! :smallbiggrin:

Random_person: Just an idea - if we don't get eleven players, you might add a few "dummy" secrets to the list, so the game will be slightly longer.

rakkoon
2010-01-11, 05:40 AM
Ooh ooh, let's start with the dumb puns already.
*clears throat*
"Yes, because we already have enough dummy players"
* looks around expectantly *

The Bookworm
2010-01-12, 07:24 AM
I'll play if I can have another day to make a character.

Kensen
2010-01-15, 03:08 AM
Bumpety bump. Join the game, join the game! Easy to learn, impossible to master! It's like chess with entirely different rules! Make a guess and see the other fellow drop dead!

Also in the news...

Join Goblin: the Exodus, the awesome goblin tribe game! See my sig for the recruitment link! Recruitment still open for a little while!

The Bookworm
2010-01-15, 05:24 PM
Name: Mr. T. H. E. Bellman
Appearance: Mr. T. H. E. Bellman, also known as "The" Bellman, is a skinny, gaunt, seven-foot-tall man, with a long white beard. He holds a bell at all times, that is large and silver.
Skills: Bell-Ringing: He's a master at this, he's THE expert.
Triple Veracity: When he says something three times, it is always true. Even if he doesn't intend it to be true, it ends up true anyway.
Snark Hunting: He's kind of bad at this.
Leadership: He invariably, despite his incompetence, ends up the leader of any group he's in.

smuchmuch
2010-01-15, 06:15 PM
now that I'm done sulking about the fact that someone (Can you feel the icy glare ? Glaaaare) got me lynched in Hunting of the snark, I might as well join that game.
You'll have to excuse me if my character isn't particulary Carrolian as I am not as familiar with the work of the man as I'd like

Name: The savant golem.

Apparence:
His body is an empty metalic barrel with a little door in the middle. Fixed to the body are two articulated arms and two legs mounted on springs. His Head is a melon with a glued mask for the face face and a funnel for a hat.

Skills:

Knowledge: This golem is a great savant indeed. he knows everything and is alway right especialy when he's wrong. The source of his knowledge is an encyclopedia stucked inside his body wich he sometime takies out to read a definition. The page of the encyclopedia are all blank, "For you have really to understand, my lad, those who tell otherwise are hacks, when one has knowledge, and it is pretty sad, he cannot be distracted by facts."

Object: The body of the golem is made of metal and therefore he cannot be armed normaly.

empty: In his empty body, the golem keeps many objects he uses for his logic demonstrations. This has led many denizen of wonderland to savagely pun about him having a nice chest. Such puns he ignores with utermost contempt.

Fortuna
2010-01-15, 07:08 PM
Sorry.

No, really, I am sorry. I should really stop trusting people (it was not my idea).

Player List
Deathslayer7 - The Chaotic Cat of Choices.
billtodamax - Gawkins.
Kensen - Mr. Liddell.
Paul Muad'dib - Tweedledoo.
calar - Nicolai Hythloday.
Nehh - Mirian.
rakkoon - the Dodo.
The Bookworm - Mr. T. H. E. Bellman.
smuchmuch - The savant golem.

Two more players! Is that so hard?

billtodamax
2010-01-15, 08:45 PM
Hey, you.

Doesn't this game look fun? We all had fun in the past with it.

You know what I'd do if I was in your position?

Join it. Look at all these people that already have!

They can't all be wrong, can they?

Come on.

smuchmuch
2010-01-16, 09:53 AM
Glaaaare anyway.

Two more players! Is that so hard?
Well you didn't choose the most obvious theme for a CoA (that said you get lots of points for originality) , I admit I'm really curious to see how you'll manage with the naration given the characters you got.

They can't all be wrong, can they?
Said the sheepherd to the sheep who refused to follow the rest of the herd in the slaughterhouse.

Nehh
2010-01-16, 02:01 PM
I would ask Murska to join in, but that would break the game. Sigh...

rakkoon
2010-01-17, 02:23 AM
I asked a few people but apparantly I lack persuasion skills :smallsmile:

Kensen
2010-01-20, 10:18 AM
Who said we need eleven players anyway? (I did!) It's just a recommendation. It'll be a slightly shorter game with nine players, so what. :smallcool:

rakkoon
2010-01-20, 10:26 AM
Let's get started!

Fortuna
2010-01-20, 03:44 PM
OK, give me another few hours to post an opening narration.

Deathslayer7
2010-01-20, 09:05 PM
if you want to make it last longer, put up double the normal amount of secrets. :smallsmile:

rakkoon
2010-01-21, 02:54 AM
One extra will do actually :smallsmile:

smuchmuch
2010-01-23, 07:23 PM
So hum wasn't there supposed to be like an opening narration or something ?

rakkoon
2010-01-24, 04:48 AM
We're pm'ing about the amount of dollars I need to send to get your secrets beforehand...

Fortuna
2010-01-24, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I lost the thread for a while there. Now let's see...

The sun was shining on the sea, in his usual rude, boorish manner. The night was getting on, about 3 o'clock, and the fighting was still going strong. Nevertheless, nine trembling sets of appendages opened nine envelopes, all of them anonymous.

"My dear friend

I regret to inform you of a terrible thing that has happened. I am dead. Don't worry, you don't know me, although I know you very well indeed. I have been killed by one of those who received one of these letters: I won't tell you which one, though. Think of it as a sort of game, one last bit of fun. I won't tell you whether Gawkins did it, or Mr. Liddell, or maybe even the dear old Dodo. Nor will I tell you whether Nicolai, or T.H.E Bellman, or lovely Mirian was responsible. It's even possible that the savant golem did it. Tweedledoo is too nice for this sort of thing, or is he? The Chaotic Cat of Choices seldom takes a hand, right? Fortunately for you, I also won't reveal your weakness, although each of you has one.

I ask only this: do not let me lie unavenged! One of you has killed me, and for that you must die. I now reach from the grave to restore my soul to peace through you: do not fail me!

Yours truly

B."

Also in the envelope is a picture of a wig and a large horse. Each picture has a large black spot in it.

Assassins
Gawkins
Mr. Liddell
The Dodo
Nicolai
T.H.E Bellman
Mirian
The savant golem
Tweedledoo

Secrets

Vulnerable to fire
Allergic to clams
Weakened by loud noises
Turns into a clock when locked in a green closet
A ghost
Explodes if forced to wear a ring
Hates oranges
Sees with the help of invisible spectacles
Allergic to mushrooms

ROUND ONE BEGINS

PM me your guesses.

Deathslayer7
2010-01-24, 04:28 PM
you might want to add me to the list of assassins. :smalltongue:

Kensen
2010-01-24, 05:40 PM
"This is odd," said Mr. Liddell, raising a brow as he read the letter he got. "Even if I had wanted to kill B, I have no idea how I would have done that. Odd is even if nine people are named and eight are innocent, and the dead person knew of his death before it occurred. Very odd indeed."

"Oh well, I better sleep on it," he said and laid the letter down on the ground, and lay down on it, falling asleep almost instantly. He dreamt of letters and numbers, numbers typed out in letters, letters in great numbers, and letters and numbers written in letters. The dream hardly made sense, but then again, few things in Mr. Liddell's life did.

Nehh
2010-01-25, 12:30 AM
Mirian looks down at the envelope.

"I wonder, how on earth did I manage to open that letter? I don't have any arms. Maybe it opened itself."

rakkoon
2010-01-25, 03:37 AM
The Dodo reads the letter.
A murder? How interesting, should we hold a poll first or a caucus?
Perhaps a poll about how to organise the causus?
Maybe we should play musical chairs?

Hey, you seagulls, go find me these people for a poll on musical chairs!

Kensen
2010-01-25, 06:28 AM
Mr. Liddell woke up and saw a dodo, an infamously fearless bird. "No," Mr. Liddell thought, "this must be the Dodo." For all other dodos had been dead as a dodo for centuries.

"A caucus? Oh my, that's a terribly inefficient way to do things. Or so I've heard. But I can see that you have a letter there, identical to mine in fact. Who could this B be? I think the whole thing is a hoax, and a paradox, and other things that end with an x. Someone's trying to teach us a lesson, if for no better reason than to lessen our number."

rakkoon
2010-01-25, 06:47 AM
The Dodo looks down and sees the man talking to him

http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/alicepic/disney-movie/dodo-2.jpg

My oh my, who do we have here? It's a pleasure to meet you kind Sir. A letter? Why indeed, I have one just like it. Yes, you did just say that now, didn't you. We could look up the others on the list and see what is happening to them. You seem like a nice, don't-stab-me-in-the-back kind of fellow, I'm sure we'll get along.

http://tertiarymatters.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/devil.jpg

smuchmuch
2010-01-25, 08:19 AM
The ma savant golem was as alway teaching to whoever would be listening to him.
"Today my lads we shall study, the principles off criminology. As a certain B (no doubt in a way most bloody) fell without a final eulogy, my friend the dodo (I fancy myself a birder) is on the case of this most foul murder. Let's follow and watch the chasse."

rakkoon
2010-01-25, 08:27 AM
A FOWL MURDER??
Who said that?

Where is this fellow? We must find him and put him on trial! This cannot go unpunished , oh no. Hurry up

Kensen
2010-01-27, 07:28 AM
So, how many deaths this round? :smallbiggrin:

Fortuna
2010-01-27, 03:40 PM
A number. Possibly zero. I'm not telling.

Round 1 ends in about 8 hours!

Nehh
2010-01-28, 12:33 AM
What, so... about now?

Kensen
2010-01-28, 02:45 AM
We'll just wait... :smallsigh:

...patience. :smallcool:

:smalleek:

Now I know how the players felt like when I kept them waiting for hours, days even. :smallwink:

Fortuna
2010-01-28, 02:49 AM
Round 1 Ends!

The savant golem addressed his class. "See how our observations include an old man, a bird, and an orange, causing elements of..." The savant golem's head whipped around. "An orange? An orange? An orange?..."

The wonderfully wise being froze, trapped in a loop for the next minute or so. Then he exploded, leaving a faint odor of shellfish in the air. A grin faded slowly from view where he had looked.

[hr]

Meanwhile, Tweedledoo meandered along, poring over his letter. "Now, I wonder, is it this, or is it that? Hmm...."

A sudden crater appeared before him. Unable to control his curiosity, Tweedledoo examined it closely. Too late was he warned by the faint odor of shellfish...

[hr]

Another set of letters went out, finding their way to much the same set of hands.

"Greetings!

You've done good work, but the murderer is still out there. Enclosed is a list of the remaining possibilities. Thank you for your help.

B."

This set contained photos of a boot-boy, smiling at the camera.

Assassins
Gawkins
Mr. Liddell
The Dodo
Nicolai
T.H.E Bellman
Mirian
The Chaotic Cat of Choices

Secrets

Vulnerable to fire
Weakened by loud noises
Turns into a clock when locked in a green closet
A ghost
Explodes if forced to we a ring
Allergic to mushrooms

Guesses (hits bolded)
smuchmuch said Tweedledoo is allergic to clams.
Deathslayer7 said the savant golem hates oranges.
Paul Muad'dib said the savant golem explodes if forced to wear a ring.
calar said the Chaotic Cat of Choices sees with the help of invisible spectacles.
rakkoon said the Chaotic Cat of Choices is weakened by loud noises.
Kensen said the Chaotic Cat of Choices is a ghost.
Nehh said T.H.E Bellman is weakened by loud noises.
billtodamax said Mirian is a ghost.
The Bookworm was idle.

Round 2 begins!

Deathslayer7
2010-01-28, 10:11 AM
and again add me into the list of assassins :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2010-01-28, 10:14 AM
No wonder nobody ever tries to assasinate you!

Cheater!!

"Well, that Fowl murder case was solved much quicker than anticipated. What's next on our agenda, mr Chairman? "

Deathslayer7
2010-01-28, 10:19 AM
The Chaotic cat appears out of thin air next to Dodo. Do you obviously believe that I cheated? I have no need to cheat. I know everything. And I know that you tried to go after me and you'll be sorely regretful when i'm through with you.

rakkoon
2010-01-28, 10:23 AM
(feel free to do something completely different out-game and ingame btw :smallsmile:)

calar
2010-02-02, 02:08 PM
Um, I don't suppose you could give us an update there random?

rakkoon
2010-02-03, 02:27 AM
I think we're all dead and he's writing the final narration

Fortuna
2010-02-04, 12:08 AM
Kensen taught me bad habits :smalltongue:

Round Two Ends!

The Chaotic Cat of Choices continued to grin at the dodo. "Now, I can give you two choices. You can go down this path over here, or the other path over there. Your choice."

The dodo turned and marched self-importantly down the closer path. The Chaotic cat grinned more widely. "Wrong!" The dodo turned and squawked as the doors of the hidden closet slammed shut. "You'll-tick-pay-tock-for-tick-this-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock..."
The chaotic cat grinned further. "Very wrong." It turned around, and almost smacked into old Nicolai. "Hello, Nicolai. How are you?"
"I'm... fine. My... head... hurts... agh!"

The closet picked up a nearby teacup and started drinking the dodo. The jungle started playing a samba. And the Chaotic Cat started wearing a ring.
"What? Noooooo!"

The cat vanished in a rapidly expanding cloud of fur.

"Good work, but one of the five is a liar. I lie unavenged! Do not fail me!

B."

A trick image of a man crying out, depicted entirely through leaves and branches, is enclosed.

Round 3 begins now and ends when I feel like it, OK?

Assassins
Gawkins
Mr. Liddell
Nicolai
T.H.E Bellman
Mirian

Secrets
Vulnerable to fire
Weakened by loud noises
A ghost
Allergic to mushrooms

Guesses (hits bolded)
Deathslayer7 said the Dodo turns into a clock when locked in a green closet.
calar said the Chaotic Cat of choices explodes when forced to wear a ring.
Nehh said the Chaotic Cat sees with invisible spectacles.
Kensen said the Chaotic Cat turns into a clock when locked in a green closet.
rakkoon's opinion was that the Chaotic Cat is Allergic to mushrooms

Well done, deathslayer: a huge alliance after you and you still took two of them down. Well done!

billtodamax
2010-02-04, 12:15 AM
I totally forgot to send my guess in. Oops. Sorry RP.

rakkoon
2010-02-04, 02:41 AM
*applauds D7*

*returns to being a clock*

Fortuna
2010-02-04, 02:59 AM
Oh yeah, and a bonus thingy to whoever guesses who B. is!

Deathslayer7
2010-02-04, 10:19 AM
I told you you would regret it :smallsmile:

*mutters under breath*
cheaters. no good. gang up and kill a cat. I mean it's just a cat. What'd it do to you?

Kensen
2010-02-05, 04:14 AM
Hahah so the delays are my fault now :smalltongue:

I think B is Boots.

rakkoon
2010-02-08, 04:15 AM
From Dora the explorer?

Kensen
2010-02-11, 02:56 AM
Mr. Liddell woke up, yawned and stretched.

"Oh gosh, I must have slept for days. But I cannot remember. Oh well."

He got up and walked for a bit. Seeing that no more people, animals or people-like objects had died recently, he shrugged and went back to his sleeping place. "Jolly good! I suppose this means the menace is over!"

rakkoon
2010-02-11, 06:04 AM
Feel free to roleplay an amazing funeral for that too-soon-departed fabulous bird you know. No need to hold back.

*tick-tock*

Fortuna
2010-02-14, 02:50 AM
And I'm back from my holiday. I'll try to post the next narration in the next few hours. Sorry!

EDIT: or not. The words are dancing across the screen and making even less sense than usual. In the morning, promise!

calar
2010-02-18, 11:05 AM
Is this game even still going?

Kensen
2010-02-18, 12:00 PM
I've been wondering the same thing.

Anyway, let's liven up this thread a bit. After CoA IV is finished, do you think you'd still be interested in playing another game of CoA? Perhaps with slightly modified rules to bring something new to the table. Any ideas for a theme?

Fortuna
2010-02-18, 12:51 PM
Truly is the road to hell paved with good intentions. Also, truly is year eleven miles harder than year 10.

Fortuna
2010-02-19, 02:36 AM
Round Three Ends!

"My dear friends

What an utter failure! The killer struts about in broad daylight, and I lie unavenged! My brethren, my allies, you must not fail me!

Yours sincerely
B."

A picture of a ship, with a large number of smiling people facing the camera, and a beaver, is enclosed.

Round 4 begins now and ends when I feel like it, OK?

Assassins
Gawkins
Mr. Liddell
Nicolai
T.H.E Bellman
Mirian

Secrets
Vulnerable to fire
Weakened by loud noises
A ghost
Allergic to mushrooms

Guesses (hits bolded)
Nehh reckoned that T.H.E Bellman is vulnerable to fire.
calar opined that Gawkins was a ghost
Kensen considered Gawkins vulnerable to loud noises

I may have lost some guess somewhere. If I have, just let me know.

rakkoon
2010-02-26, 05:22 AM
So about this B character I've been hearing so much about...

Fortuna
2010-02-26, 05:30 AM
Yeeees....

What of him/her?

rakkoon
2010-02-26, 05:44 AM
Who is she dammit?

Fortuna
2010-02-28, 03:43 AM
:smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2010-03-19, 09:49 AM
Hmmh. Seeing as this game seems pretty dead, would there be interest for new CoA game? I could gladly host one, if there are players...

smuchmuch
2010-03-19, 11:50 AM
I'd be interested.

Kensen
2010-04-06, 02:58 AM
I haven't been checking out the structured games forum in a while since CoA IV died, but now I did, and I might actually be interested in playing another CoA game if Grim is willing to host it.

...provided that there are enough interested players, of course, and that the theme is sufficiently interesting and appropriate for the game.

rakkoon
2010-04-06, 03:58 AM
Depending on the subject, I'm willing to co-narrate to make sure it will end...if he'll have me of course :smallsmile:

Grim ranger
2010-04-07, 05:44 AM
Hmmh...that could work, if the game would get enough players. I will take suggestions for themes for CoA 5 by PM, ladies and gents :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2010-04-07, 05:46 AM
I suggest a back-to-basics assassin theme.

rakkoon
2010-04-07, 06:11 AM
Interesting PM :smallbiggrin:

Kensen
2010-04-07, 06:56 AM
Back to basics sounds good. Maybe Venice during the Renaissance for the setting, with a bit of Da Vinci, conspiracies, monks, mercenaries, secret societies, cults and so on. Each player has an object such as a map, key, statue, clockwork apparatus, religious relict, etc. that is some kind of a clue to solve a mystery. So, naturally, you'll have to kill everyone else so you can solve the mystery (or to prevent others from doing so). :smallbiggrin:

Just an idea. I'm ok with almost any setting as long as it's something that will keep the GM and players alike interested until the end. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Actually, the object you have could also be the secret, for example

Victor di Benici has a golden square and set of compasses.

Grim ranger
2010-04-07, 07:08 AM
As I am new in GM:ing CoA game, I think I will stick to old recipe and try something more exiting next time I run the game...which could be version 6 if things go smoothly. But for this I think I will keep to normal mechanics.

Superheroes was theme that went well in CoA game, but I am reluctant to repeating it so soon... perhaps modern-day "assassination world championship" in some large city? Thoughts?

Edit: Also, does posting thread here need moderator approval?

Kensen
2010-04-07, 07:15 AM
Oh, the idea of having objects was just a flavor thing, no changes needed for the mechanics at all.

Assassination world championships sounds fine to me.

Grim ranger
2010-04-07, 07:24 AM
As you seemed to miss this: does posting a thread require moderator approval? If not, I am pretty much ready to start writing it up right away :smallbiggrin:

Kensen
2010-04-07, 07:28 AM
Yeah, the mods will check the thread before it becomes visible in the forum. It may take a couple of days, but you can speed up the process by sending a PM to one of the mods.

Grim ranger
2010-04-07, 07:37 AM
So the thread simply won't become visible until mods allow it to, or you have to send the thread starting post to mods yourself and wait for answer? :smallconfused:

rakkoon
2010-04-07, 07:47 AM
You open a thread and Allara needs to press a magic button, pm her and if it appears, let people now in Central. Perhaps tell them about it already to get them motivated

Grim ranger
2010-04-07, 07:56 AM
As it seems that I am hopelessly lost on forum protocol when it comes to creating a thread, perhaps you could do so? As you will be co-narrator it would not even be such a problem, as long as you remember to mention in the thread that I run the game as well.

In short, I could write up the page and send it to you, after which you could get it through the gears of the forum. Sounds fair?

rakkoon
2010-04-07, 09:13 AM
Sure, pm me, mail me any way you want me ....