PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Blaster Artificer (3.5 build help)

Rosalinath
2009-12-25, 09:50 PM
I had an idea from yesterday. The idea was making a character based off of the premise of Lash from Advance Wars, a girl who invents weapons of war and uses them to ultimate effect.

My idea came when I reread the Artificer class. What I want to know is anything that could help with my idea. Any feats, items, weapons, or anything else. I would like to keep the costs low, but not be overpowered

Eldariel
2009-12-25, 11:14 PM
Well, you'll want Wands probably. Then you want metamagic to use with Metamagic Spell Trigger, and cheap crafting feats so you can afford to burn through Wands with it.. Then you want to burn charges and go to town. That's...pretty easy to do with an artificer and seems in line with what you want. An array of wands for an array of different weapons.

D Knight
2009-12-26, 12:51 AM
do not forget about the rod of many wands it hold 3 wands. i see the creation of magic nuke(daylight:its for affect:, fireball and some force spell)

Cute_Riolu
2009-12-26, 01:29 AM
do not forget about the rod of many wands it hold 3 wands. i see the creation of magic nuke(daylight:its for affect:, fireball and some force spell)

An Explosive (it's a metamagic) Fireball would work quite nicely there.

quiet1mi
2009-12-26, 01:43 AM
Wand of Magic missile is like a machine gun and Wand of scorching or seeking ray as a rifle...

Check the evocation spells for things that affect objects worn... IIRC fireball and lightning bolt both affect objection worn.

A wand of Shocking grasp (Non-lethal) sounds like a Taser...

Also Earthbound spell turns any spell into a trap...

Rosalinath
2009-12-27, 07:36 PM
I love all of your ideas ^^

I have two questions though:

I. what would be a good idea for a low level artificer?

II. What would be a good Construct style thing that I could make that could be used like a tank? literal or otherwise

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-27, 09:10 PM
I. what would be a good idea for a low level artificer?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/05/19/

Rosalinath
2009-12-28, 12:14 AM
oh, sorry about that >.< I meant what items and feats would be good to start with at lv. 1 with a human artificer?

D Knight
2009-12-28, 12:37 AM
well if you are going to be crafting all this look into the artisan feats. I forget which ebberon book they are in can someone fill that gap.

yes a construct like an iron golem would be a good tank to defend you. but if you want a tank try animating a carriage and arming it.

Rosalinath
2009-12-28, 01:42 AM
I seriously need to find a way to use a golem like armor >.< if I did that then I could focus all my stats in the mental categories.

does anyone have any links or ideas for custom items or creatures I could make? Also what do people think about the effigy master prc?

mabriss lethe
2009-12-28, 02:29 AM
there is always magic trap abuse with craft wonderous item. though your dm may very well huck a stack of dmgs at you.

Rosalinath
2009-12-28, 02:34 PM
I could, but I'm trying not to break a game. At least with my wand machine gun it wont do more damage then either the blaster of fighter.