PDA

View Full Version : Two things.

Felixaar
2009-12-26, 04:59 AM
1. It's that time of year again! The time when I make a hundred or more new years resolutions and then only keep ten or so. I'm currently up to fifty two, so I've got a way to go... make suggestions!

2. Should I get an ear pierced? And if so, which? Whatever wins out, I will do (or not do, as the case may be).

So, go ahead! It's your chance to have a controlling influence in my life during 2010. Preeeeety special. Not that you'll get any credit for my zany adventures. Woo! Rock on, etcetera!

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-26, 05:17 AM
1. It's that time of year again! The time when I make a hundred or more new years resolutions and then only keep ten or so. I'm currently up to fifty two, so I've got a way to go... make suggestions!

2. Should I get an ear pierced? And if so, which? Whatever wins out, I will do (or not do, as the case may be).

So, go ahead! It's your chance to have a controlling influence in my life during 2010. Preeeeety special. Not that you'll get any credit for my zany adventures. Woo! Rock on, etcetera!

Ironic that you post this thread twice... :smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-26, 05:18 AM
1. You should resolve to have an ear pierced!
2. You should resolve to have your other ear pierced :tongue:

Anuan
2009-12-26, 06:39 AM
2.[/B] Should I get an ear pierced? And if so, which? Whatever wins out, I will do (or not do, as the case may be).

Blah blah blah I'm Felix and piercings are stupid and Bec you're silly for getting your lip pierced and blahblahblah :smalltongue:

Dispozition
2009-12-26, 06:43 AM
Blah blah blah I'm Felix and piercings are stupid and Bec you're silly for getting your lip pierced and blahblahblah :smalltongue:

This does ring a bell actually...

Anuan
2009-12-26, 07:31 AM
This does ring a bell actually...

Why, yes...giant church-bells, and that clock-tower across the road, and those little jingly ones on the roof...

Wait. Jingly bells on the roof? But Santa's been and gon-...RUN, RUN, WE'RE BEING INVADED BY MORRIS DANCERS.

Oh. Felix. Learn Morris Dancing. Seeing you in a big floofy suit and bells on would be hilarious. Cute girls who're into folk history will be all over you.

Mauve Shirt
2009-12-26, 09:25 AM
1. Resolve to be even more mind-blowingly excellent than you are.
2. Yes. Left ear.

Flickerdart
2009-12-26, 11:41 AM
Pierce one ear, but twice, in a compromise that satisfies no one.

DraPrime
2009-12-26, 11:49 AM
Pick neither ear, and go for what's in the middle.

Your nose.

Player_Zero
2009-12-26, 12:10 PM
Pick neither ear, and go for what's in the middle.

Your brain! Of ccourse! You should have your brain pierced.

With a harpoon. By Ahab. While he's searching the the white whale.

...This ivory leg is what propels me.

Pyrian
2009-12-26, 12:17 PM
Resolve to update your blog. :smallwink:

EDIT: I think Dragonprime told you to pick your nose. :smallamused:

ghost_warlock
2009-12-26, 01:00 PM
Resolve to eat at least 5 foods of a certain color each day, then cycle through the colors on a weekly basis:

Sunday: Red
Monday: Orange
Tuesday: Yellow
Wednesday: Green
Thursday: Blue
Friday: Indigo
Saturday: Violet

arguskos
2009-12-26, 02:01 PM
Resolve to eat at least 5 foods of a certain color each day, then cycle through the colors on a weekly basis:

Sunday: Red
Monday: Orange
Tuesday: Yellow
Wednesday: Green
Thursday: Blue
Friday: Indigo
Saturday: Violet
Can anyone even name 5 Orange, Indigo, or Violet foods? Also, this idea rocks so hard. :smallbiggrin:

Alteran
2009-12-26, 02:11 PM
My two two things:

1. Spend a full week pretending you're Scar, from The Lion King. Breaking out into song is mandatory.

2. Read the entirety of Subnormality (http://www.viruscomix.com/subnormality.html) and/or Nedroid (http://nedroid.com/). (Note: Language on the former is not forum-friendly.)

3. Plan a meal consisting entirely of foods you've never made before, and then make it.

4. Write a short story or play including H.G. Wells, Orson Welles, and George Orwell as characters.

Edit: You know, I think I'm going to do that last one. You can do it too, though! :smallsmile:

xPANCAKEx
2009-12-26, 02:22 PM
1. go on the scariest rollercoaster you can find
2. no - piercings are temporary. Get a tattoo... a DECENT tattoo. Get yourself on a waiting list for someone world class and start saving, and you might be able to start getting it done by this time next year

Bayar
2009-12-26, 02:52 PM
2. no - piercings are temporary. Get a tattoo... a DECENT tattoo. Get yourself on a waiting list for someone world class and start saving, and you might be able to start getting it done by this time next year

3. Get this tattoo on your left hand:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/half-life/en/images/f/f2/Born.png

Working out the courage to do it myself :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2009-12-26, 02:53 PM
Or get my avatar tattooed onto your forehead. :smallsmile:

Solaris
2009-12-26, 03:55 PM
Resolve to be more resolute.

No. I've never liked piercings on guys, and they're awfully inconvenient in a fight.

Jacklu
2009-12-26, 10:31 PM
1. Resolve to do 100 hours of community service in the next year. ((srs much. A good idea though.))

2. Get em both done. ^_^

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-26, 10:56 PM
1) Resolve to meet as many Playgrounders as possible
2) No. Piercings don't make sense. Why would anyone want to poke holes in their body?

Innis Cabal
2009-12-26, 11:12 PM
1. Stop drinking pop

2. Agree with Rabbit. Why bother?

Felixaar
2009-12-27, 04:18 AM
Lip piercings are stupid. They're in an extremely liable place and look good on no one. Ear piercings are far less likely to get torn out and will most certainly not chip your teeth.

Good suggies, though, people!

Keep 'em coming!

(giving up softdrinks/soda/pop would be a fantastic one. I'd probably fail horribly, but I'd love to do it).

Dispozition
2009-12-27, 04:48 AM
(giving up softdrinks/soda/pop would be a fantastic one. I'd probably fail horribly, but I'd love to do it).

If you do, I'm so coming to your place and just drinking like...20 cans of your favourite drink in front of you :P

Felixaar
2009-12-27, 05:05 AM
see? theres a resolution for YOU.

Lioness
2009-12-27, 05:24 AM
I'd like to give up soft drink. I'd be a lot healthier and less extra-fatty

Dispozition
2009-12-27, 05:30 AM
I will never give up my soft-drinks. They're my main source of liquid :D

Seriously, I'm surprised I'm underweight and not suffering from malnutrition...

Lioness
2009-12-27, 05:32 AM
I will never give up my soft-drinks. They're my main source of liquid :D

Seriously, I'm surprised I'm underweight and not suffering from malnutrition...

Swap you some weight for your non-malnutrition?

I'd like to give up lollies as well.

Dispozition
2009-12-27, 05:37 AM
Swap you some weight for your non-malnutrition?

I'd like to give up lollies as well.

Done. Got about 5-10kb spare?

Lioness
2009-12-27, 05:38 AM
Done. Got about 5-10kb spare?

Yup. I got about 8kg for you.

If only it were as easy as that.

Dispozition
2009-12-27, 05:39 AM
Yup. I got about 8kg for you.

If only it were as easy as that.

So true v.v

Lioness
2009-12-27, 05:43 AM
Oh well...going for a bike ride tomorrow. Maybe it will burn up and find its way to you.

Pyrian
2009-12-27, 05:52 AM
Lip piercings are stupid. They're in an extremely liable place and look good on no one.I don't know about that latter...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_WBGF/Cutie.jpg

Coidzor
2009-12-27, 06:03 AM
^: We always worry about chipping a tooth while playing with them though...

pierce both ears and get Caduceus earrings!

Or at least ones with snakes kissing and entwining like that.

Anuan
2009-12-27, 06:05 AM
Dude, giving up soft-drink is a great idea. I really want to as well.

Mutual Vow?

Lioness
2009-12-27, 06:07 AM
Mutual Vow?

I'm all for it.

I have my Iced Coffee as back up...

Now I just need to live in Melbourne. I'm visiting in April next year, does that count?

Dispozition
2009-12-27, 06:14 AM
I'm all for it.

I have my Iced Coffee as back up...

Now I just need to live in Melbourne. I'm visiting in April next year, does that count?

Sure. Visit all of us. Or, visit Felix and Anuan while I also visit them. It'll be an awesome miniature GitP gathering!

Coidzor
2009-12-27, 06:14 AM
Hmm... Learn to dance a new dance style and fall in love would be our advice for actual resolutions.

Innis Cabal
2009-12-27, 06:19 AM

Its hellish. I started three weeks ago. Guess how good its going for me ;D

Lioness
2009-12-27, 06:20 AM
Hmm... Learn to dance a new dance style

Ballroom!

The guys that can dance like gentlemen get the girls.

And (amost) every guy looks hot in a tailsuit.

And it's awesome fun.

Lioness
2009-12-27, 06:21 AM

My boyfriend just decided ages ago that he hated the taste of soft drinks, and hasn't had any since. I'll have to trick myself into thinking that I don't like them too...

Sure. Visit all of us. Or, visit Felix and Anuan while I also visit them. It'll be an awesome miniature GitP gathering!

You guys are all in Melbourne?

Coidzor
2009-12-27, 06:29 AM

Well, the main challenge is just being in a place where you're not surrounded by people drinking soda and having it freely available to you when you can't partake.

That and just not getting any when going out.

Dispozition
2009-12-27, 06:31 AM
You guys are all in Melbourne?

Anuan and Felix live together (I believe). I live about 10-15 mins by train away.

Lioness
2009-12-27, 06:35 AM
Anuan and Felix live together (I believe). I live about 10-15 mins by train away.

Awesome

I must find you when I come to Melbourne.

Lioness
2009-12-27, 06:39 AM
Well, the main challenge is just being in a place where you're not surrounded by people drinking soda and having it freely available to you when you can't partake.

That and just not getting any when going out.

Oh dear...D&D sessions shall be a nightmare.

Anuan
2009-12-27, 07:31 AM
Dis is correct, Felix and I share a flat. Well, you could call it that. It's more a loungeroom with a kitchen and bathroom attached :smalltongue: We like it though.

Dispozition
2009-12-27, 07:35 AM
Dis is correct, Felix and I share a flat. Well, you could call it that. It's more a loungeroom with a kitchen and bathroom attached :smalltongue: We like it though.

It is quite cozy. I could only live in it if I was alone though...Darn drum kit and computers v.v

Dragonrider
2009-12-27, 11:15 AM
Felix.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

Do not get one ear pierced.

If you must

Do both

But not one.

>.<

Also, my new year's resolution is to write two full pages in Spanish every other day. (this translates to writing in my journal in Spanish every other day, and I've already been doing it for the last two weeks, so I know I can keep this one XD)

Coidzor
2009-12-27, 01:43 PM

Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

Now to just work out what to do if one of you manages to bring someone home. :smallwink:

Player_Zero
2009-12-27, 02:08 PM
Hmm... Learn to dance a new dance style and fall in love would be our advice for actual resolutions.

Falling in love would perhaps be the single worst resolution possible.

Phaedra
2009-12-27, 02:14 PM

Oh Zero, you sad misanthropic soul. Love is the best thing to happen to anyone. 'Tis a good resolution. Even if you don't find love, I'm sure you'd have a good time along the way. :smallwink:

Also, no to the ear piercing. Though I may be biased since the only guys I know with ear piercings are the type to steal my handbag on a night out. I'm sure it is possible to have a non-chavvy ear piercing, but I've yet to see it.

Player_Zero
2009-12-27, 02:19 PM
Oh Zero, you sad misanthropic soul. Love is the best thing to happen to anyone. 'Tis a good resolution. Even if you don't find love, I'm sure you'd have a good time along the way. :smallwink:

Don't play the game of love unless you're prepared to get hurt.

Resolve to accept the decisions you have made, not to make new ones rashly.

Pyrian
2009-12-27, 03:38 PM
Love is the best thing to happen to anyone.Not always, Phaedra. Not always. :smallsigh:

truemane
2009-12-27, 03:48 PM
2. Read the entirety of Subnormality (http://www.viruscomix.com/subnormality.html) and/or Nedroid (http://nedroid.com/). (Note: Language on the former is not forum-friendly.)

Thank you for those links. There's two hours of my life gone. And I had things to do this afternoon and everything. Stupid fascinating web-comic.

Phaedra
2009-12-27, 06:07 PM
Not always, Phaedra. Not always. :smallsigh:

Oh, you and Zero, cynics both of you. Alright, not always. But I think it's worth the risk. I'd rather try to find love and get hurt than hide from it all my life.

Anyhoo, we're sidetracking Felix's thread here a little. My New Year's resolutions are going to be to find a new hobby and exercise more. Maybe together, I'm thinking dance. So, I say learn to dance, dancing's cool.

Flickerdart
2009-12-27, 06:18 PM
Resolve to become a jaded cynic just so some girl is tempted to undo it.

Coidzor
2009-12-27, 06:47 PM

Why do you think we recommended it? :smallwink:

At the very least, we think the lad should undo the "I'm-a be celibate and withdraw from interacting with goils for no apparent reason" thing he did this past year.

Felixaar
2009-12-28, 02:35 AM
Coid
Uno: Why are you referring to yourself in plural, Coid?

Dos: That's not entirely accurate, and it was stated as a one-year thing. However, though it's lifted this year, I doubt anything much will go along with the shortage of girls I'd even consider combined with my inability to so much as stutter a few sentences to pretty waitresses.

Lioness - yes, me, Anuan and Dis all live in Melbourne, along with a number of other playgrounders. If you're going to be visiting in april you should definitely drop by and we can spend the afternoon videogaming, or, something. You could also crash here if you want.

DR - glad to know your opinion. Now the only question is whether to do what you say because I like you and trust your instincts, or not do what you say because I like annoying more.

Lurve - bad thing to have as a resolution, much as dating or getting a girlfriend would be. If you try to force that sort of thing it usually ends in tears and her thowing vases at you. And I own some expensive vases.

Well, that's not true, but I have a lampshade balancing on a stack of DVD's.

Dancing - this was already on my list, Ballroom specifically. It's gunna be hard to fit this in along with Aikido and Fencing and a Second Job, but, hey, I'm multi skilled.

Annie - sure, bring it.

Anuan
2009-12-28, 02:53 AM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

Now to just work out what to do if one of you manages to bring someone home. :smallwink:

I'd go to there place, or a hotel-room :smalltongue: Showing them our appartment would be a late-in-the-relationship style thing :smalltongue:

Felixaar
2009-12-28, 03:03 AM
I generally resent the idea that 'bringing someone home' preceedes 'showing them the apartment' in relationship chronology, but that's not really important, seeing as neither will happen for either of us *thumbs up*.

Hey, I'm just being realisitic.

Lioness
2009-12-28, 03:06 AM
Coid

Lioness - yes, me, Anuan and Dis all live in Melbourne, along with a number of other playgrounders. If you're going to be visiting in april you should definitely drop by and we can spend the afternoon videogaming, or, something. You could also crash here if you want.

Dancing[/B] - this was already on my list, Ballroom specifically. It's gunna be hard to fit this in along with Aikido and Fencing and a Second Job, but, hey, I'm multi skilled.

I think mum would freak if I crashed there...she's likely to freak if I even ask her about meeting you guys, but I'll try.

Ballroom is awesome. You live in the best state in Australia for it. Seriously. It's one of the main reasons I'm considering moving to Melbourne when I finish Uni. It's a good thing you have a second job though, because if you like it and continue, it's sorta expensive.

Lioness
2009-12-28, 03:08 AM
I generally resent the idea that 'bringing someone home' preceedes 'showing them the apartment' in relationship chronology, but that's not really important, seeing as neither will happen for either of us *thumbs up*.

Hey, I'm just being realisitic.

Optimism is good!

And I have to add my opinion to the chorus of people sayinbg "Don't resolve to fall in love!'
It's not really something you can resolve to do.

Felixaar
2009-12-28, 04:38 AM
*nods* well, it's all up to you. We could even meet in a public place if it would make you/r mum feel better.

Although if Annie and I see sunlight, we'll probably hiss and scathe.

Dispozition
2009-12-28, 04:48 AM
*nods* well, it's all up to you. We could even meet in a public place if it would make you/r mum feel better.

Same for me :P

There will possibly be burning involved.

Lioness
2009-12-28, 04:50 AM
Well, it's quite possible that BF and I will head to a D&D shop while we're there, so we could do that.

However, that is subject to mum saying "I don't feel like it now. Go tomorrow"

Edit: Can you tell she's paranoid? I'll find a way around it.

Solaris
2009-12-28, 05:10 AM
I don't know about that latter...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_WBGF/Cutie.jpg

She looked good to begin with.

Resolve to become a jaded cynic just so some girl is tempted to undo it.

Doesn't work nearly so well as you might think...

Anuan
2009-12-28, 06:01 AM

One of my resolutions is to get more sun. Quadruple Asteriks yeah, Vitamin D!

Felixaar
2009-12-30, 03:01 AM
Come on, people! It's almost new years! :smallbiggrin: I need some more resolutions!

Lioness
2009-12-30, 03:03 AM
How many are you planning to make?

Get at least 1 hour of exercise per day

Be happy

Do something interesting - take up something interesting

Help a charity

Write a(nother) novel

Make a significant step towards getting one published

Give up X unhealthy food. Where X is interchangeable

Read some classic literature

Watch some classic movies

Learn not just one, but two new things every day.

Mine are to give up soft drink and to edit my NaNo

Dr. Bath
2009-12-30, 04:42 AM
Resolve to fight crime.

Resolve to fight grime.

Become mop man.

Felixaar
2009-12-30, 04:47 AM
Resolve to fight crime.

Resolve to fight grime.

Become mop man.

...Yes. YES.

I'm going to have a make a costume. Look out halloween, here I come!

Dr. Bath
2009-12-30, 04:49 AM
Usurp the sun god Atepomarus and take his place.

Burn everything.

Quincunx
2009-12-30, 07:43 AM
Compose a Mop Man theme tune.

Dispozition
2009-12-30, 07:52 AM
Compose a Mop Man theme tune.

To the tune of Day Man.

Cookie to those who know the reference.