PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE craigslist :D

Kjata
2009-12-27, 02:03 AM
Those of you who play warhammer will appreciate this more than those who don't, but anyway...

On craigslist I just got the following for $200 American.

Lizardmen Army Book
Slann
Oldblood on Carnosaur
Skink Priest with Engine of the Gods
Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon
2x Priest on foot
16 Cold One Cavalry
63 Saurus
50 Skinks
3 Razordons
22 Temple Gaurd
Stegadon with giant crossbow

for those of you not in the know for Lizardmen, with the Slann I already owned I can make this into a 4000 point army. For those of you who have no idea what any of this means, this would retail for about $600.

So, does anybody else have any good stories from steals they got off the internet, or just life in general? Im in such a fantastic mood I want to hear some good stories :smallbiggrin:

rayne_dragon
2009-12-27, 02:53 AM
I went into Best Buy looking for a TV and saw one I kinda liked for about $60. Then a salesaman came up and maked it down to $15. That made up my mind for me really quicky.

I also tend to get discounts from antique dealers for some reason.

Player_Zero
2009-12-27, 03:56 AM
All the cool kids play Skaven anyhow.

xPANCAKEx
2009-12-27, 12:15 PM

skaven have ALWAYS been cool

valadil
2009-12-27, 01:20 PM
Re: I LOVE craigslist :D

Just stay away from casual encounters and you should be all set.

ghost_warlock
2009-12-27, 01:22 PM
I used to have the beginnings of a skaven army...back before I realized just how much it was going to cost me to fully assemble the thing. I had the bell, some weird wheel thing that was supposed to zap anyone who got too close, the Verminlord avatar thingie, a few assorted gutter-runners and assassins, plague-bearers, seers, that kind of thing. Still have them boxed up and semi-painted somewhere...

On topic: I used to get DVDs for pennies apiece off ebay. Been years since I've been on there, though.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-27, 04:28 PM
I got my iPhone 3G for $200 from there.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-12-27, 05:58 PM
The Best of Craigslist is hysterical. If you can find the toilet for two entry, I recommend you read it. You'll be rolling with laughter.

CL can also be a decent place to look for stuff locally. It has pretty much replaced any decent want ads in the newspaper.

Kjata
2009-12-31, 12:49 AM

Hilariously, they are my other army and I was looking for Skaven. But when I saw this deal I couldn't pass it up. Half as much money for twice the points.

Ilena
2009-12-31, 08:50 AM
Well .... i know there were 2 bc ferries on craigslist :P about 10k a piece, if i had the money id have bought one. Aside from that i dont really shop on any online listing.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-31, 02:29 PM
Well .... i know there were 2 bc ferries on craigslist :P about 10k a piece, if i had the money id have bought one. Aside from that i dont really shop on any online listing.
Sooo.... The government still hasn't figured out what to do with Fast Ferries? :smallconfused:

Ilena
2010-01-01, 08:34 AM
No i think those are gone now, sold private a few years ago, these 2 were replaced by a bridge so they lost their job :P So government sold them for cheap. :P If i had the money i would have bought it just to say i have a ferry .... then probably convert it into some kind of paintball area or something and setup a business :P