PDA

View Full Version : Ordo Draconorum

Hyragec
2009-12-27, 02:44 AM
The city of Velprintalar, on the shining inland sea of Faerun is the crown jewel of Aglarond. The Simbul, one of the great Chosen of Mystra, has used her great power to keep the Red Wizards of Thay and their evil machinations at bay, and brought Aglarond into an age of prosperity and glory. And today? Is a celebration of that blessed event, the treaty between the nation of Aglarond and the Red Wizards of Thay which assured non-aggression and a ceasefire.

The mercantile and fishing capital of the nation of Aglarond is a haven for trade and economics. The Eastern Amn, is what it is occasionally known as. The City of Coin was none too happy with the comparison. The large city was home to over 60,000 residents and today? The streets were bustling with activity. Merchants hawked their wares, plays in the playhouses depicted the glory of the Simbul's leadership, and Bards sing songs and tell tales of glorious deeds, ensuring that the Thayvian reputation for cruelty and horror is well emphasized whenever it comes up. Despite the relative peace though, the nation of Aglarond is a great escape for mercenaries. Traveling caravans making their way through Rasheman need guards, and the troubles off of the coast with the nearby Pirate Isles bring in plenty of mercenary work. Those who wish for better clientele leave the dregs of Waterdeep behind them and venture East or North.

In this case the people around the table from you have all come to the same tavern. Many of the mercenary employment in Aglarond requires mercenaries to apply in groups so that pay is given to the group and none of the employers end up with a tarnished reputation. The system works well, and instead of individuals being hired and coming into personality conflicts, the groups are formed by the adventurers themselves to ensure the greatest cooperation, and thus the greatest success on business ventures. Each of you applied at some venue or another. Each of you was told that without the proper paperwork, law required you to find and join, or form your own mercenary group, and this tavern was the place. Adventurers from all different races and different skill sets came here for recruitment and to be recruited. Some were guilds seeking members, others were people seeking to form their own guild. The future of many a person would be made right here.

Hyragec
2009-12-27, 02:48 AM
OOC: Ok guys. Go ahead and post up your entrances/descriptions etc. and I'll be linking your character sheets here. This now includes our fifth player!

Claire (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=175559)

Gera (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=175394)

Xialoh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=175318)

Einar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=174767)

Mishtafure (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=174292)

Zackryz
2009-12-27, 03:34 AM
Gera trudges into the tavern laden heavily by his equipment, although for a dwarf such as himself, it is nothing. Gera is wearing a gold plated breastplate, it is worn in a few places but still quite impressive. Along with the finely crafted dwarven waraxe and shield strapped to his back, Gera carries his trusty Great Axe in hand. His eyes are as blue as sapphires and his hair and beard be jet black like caverns of a mine. Slowly he scans those around him in the tavern, looking for potential mercenaries to work with before he lumbers over to the bar and plops down on a stool. Weighing his coin purse momentarily in his hand he sighs at his quickly shrinking wealth. Gera bellows at the barkeep"Gimme a mug o' yer finest ale! An' be quick aboot it!"

lordjim
2009-12-27, 12:53 PM
You see a man with brown hair at the bar telling outrageous storys to others at the bar. He wears halt plate armor with the symbol of the god Sharess know for her great mid season parties. He also has a Great sword of fine craftsmanship. Noting a dwarf sit next to him at the bar with such a fine great axe he sparks up a conversation,"I've always thought your race was grand dear dwarf from being small and still have the power to swing and axe with such... force and skill. I saw a dwarf take out 6 nee caps in one swing. Always taking out the knees your type. How many knees have you taken my friend."

Zackryz
2009-12-27, 01:11 PM
Takes a hearty swig from his mug of ale as he turns to the man beside him "Quite a few, an yerself?" Eyes the man beside him up and down, wondering if he has any potential.

lordjim
2009-12-27, 01:18 PM
"Maybe not the knees but I've taken out many a man in many a way. I once took on a great monk with my bare hands! I'm not one to be messed with dwarf. You don't want this sword pointed your way and id say i wouldn't want your axe mine :)." ends with a laugh and another swig of drink.

Xialoh
2009-12-27, 10:58 PM
A small halfling steps into the tavern, his sea-gray eyes wide and actively glancing throughout the room as he plans for what will bring him his next payment. The halfling makes his way over to a chair up front, the sound of quietly rattling chains coming from under his dark coat. His eyes momentarily set on the bartender tending to another customer at the other end of the counter. He looks away after a moment.

"'Ey, gimme' somethin' strong", whispered an unfamiliar italian accent into the bartender's mind. The man looked back, noting a ghostwise seated not too far away. Xialoh placed a few coins on the counter in front of him, and the bartender nodded quietly.

Xialoh's eyes had wandered to the dwarf and the human chattering away nearby. In a less than obvious manner, he casually inspected them for a moment, having taken some mild interest in the human who'd been telling stories loud enough for everyone nearby to hear.

"Eh, dey' don't look too bad I 'spose", he thought to himself after having taken a look at the human's sword, and the dwarf's gold plated armor. For a lot of his jobs, he needed at least a couple other people to work with. Xialoh hated getting stuck with morons, however, so he'd try to assess who they were beforehand.

The bartender placed his drink on the counter, taking the coins as he walked over to the next person beckoning him over. As Xialoh reached for the glass, he continued his methodical pondering over how he would approach his usual routine today.

Reverent-One
2009-12-28, 02:24 AM
Einar entered the tavern with a wary eye, sizing up potential allies for this mercenary venture. He wore leather armor and carried a mace and shield at his side. Few would know his true strength lay in the arcane, but just as well, surprise was a useful weapon on the battlefield. A small group at the bar stuck out at him so far, a dwarf and a human, both of them looked to be competent fighters, good companions to have. Taking a seat near them, he ordered a drink from the bar, having a bit before interrupting them, "So, you two seem to the be types looking for work of the rougher variety. My name's Einar Kell, and given the laws here, I'm looking for some friends to fight alongside and hopefully make a good profit with. What do you think?"

(I'd suggest everyone pick a text color for their character, helps keep things clearer.)

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 07:08 AM
Looks over Einar for a moment. "Aye, Sounds good to me. Me name be Gera Oathkiller and I be needing some work ta do" Looks back to his new drinking buddy wondering what his reponse will be.

lordjim
2009-12-28, 01:03 PM
"Yes a group of that sort is just what I've been looking for but whats a pretty boy like you going to do to help us?"

Whispers to Gera(aka mike) "Do we want a leader or just do it on the fly?"

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 04:15 PM
Whispers back to his friend "Probably be best fer there ta be someone leading us... but fer now we'll play it by ear"

CeltsClaire
2009-12-28, 09:00 PM
~she would appear as if out of no where, behind a group of men lost deep in the frivolity of their own laughter, rounding the group slowly she walked with surety~

~no hint to her appearance of male or female form, Claire was well hidden within the confines of her dark green woolen cloak, hood pulled low, cape pulled close. Her footsteps fell soft upon the floor as if floating. Those she passed may find the subtle scent of lavender lingering in her wake. Her knee high finely made leather boots carried her to the distant side of the room. ~

~turning and laying a shoulder against the wall as she leaned, she faced out towards the tavern...still mostly shrouded in shadow, the odd dust filled beam of light may give way to the sparkling emerald eyes that lay deep within..or a single lock of long auborn curl.~

Xialoh
2009-12-28, 09:13 PM
Xialoh noticed another man enter the bar. His choice of weapons seemed a little strange, but it was best not to underestimate people at a glance. It wasn't long before the man approached the two he himself had been watching a minute ago. He didn't catch much of what was said initially, but it seemed that the man was trying to negotiate a group of sorts. When he saw the dwarf and the human pause to whisper something, he attempted to listen in on their conversation.

Listening[roll0]

"Well ya better have a guy in charge," whispered the ghostwise into the dwarves mind from across the bar, looking directly at him. "Somebody's gotta keep things in order yeah?" he whispered, a bit less tentatively as he noticed a cloaked figure step into the bar.

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 09:35 PM
Grows very still and looks behind him and then slowly around him before noticing the ghostwise halfling at a nearby table. Gera smiles at him and nods lightly in his direction before beckoning him over to have some ale.

Hyragec
2009-12-28, 09:37 PM
The tavern's ordinary hustle and bustle gives it a certain warmth and cameraderie. Everyone is there for the same reason, and each are looking for help. Three different people step into the Tavern. The first man wearing chainmail and a black tabard with a red crescent moon on it, the second wearing a white tabard with a blue chalice on the front, and the third, a hard looking human man wearing rough hide armor all move inside and look around.

Brushing back the chainmail coif that covers his head, the first man lets the long blond hair out from underneath and runs his fingers through it. The large gauntlets that ordinarily covered his hands rested now under his arm, couched there for the time being.

"Good people! The Blood Moon Company is now searching for recruits. Men and women of strong will should speak with me regarding membership!" He announced to the tavern and walked to a corner, sitting down.

"If any are interested in joining the Order of Pelinor, speak with me. We are searching for those of stout heart to join us in working for the greater good of Aglarond." He said, moving to a different table than the first.

The third looked at the two of them that had spoken and grunted, shaking his head almost sadly. He didn't speak and walked instead over to an empty table, quietly sitting there as he watched some of the adventurers gathered here get up and move to either speak with the Order of Pelinor or The Blood Moon company representative.

Xialoh
2009-12-28, 10:02 PM
Xialoh nodded back at the dwarf. Greeting people by telepathically commenting on their quiet conversations didn't always go over well, but the results were usually entertaining at least. In this case, he saw a potential work offer, so he got up from his seat, walking over to the dwarf's table as he listened to the recruiters who just entered.

As he approached the table, he took a seat, keeping his distance still as he waited for a vocal response from the dwarf.

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 10:07 PM
Gera smirks at the halfling who just joined them. "Quite sneaky aint ye? Well tha's necessary sometimes. I'm sure ye all noticed those three who jus walked in... I'm not one to be ah part o some mercenary organization, they normally take chunks out of yer earnings. I am kind of curious about tha third feller though. Anyway whats yer name halfling? I'mma assume you know mine with them ears of yours being so finely tuned"

lordjim
2009-12-28, 10:08 PM
[roll0]What do i know about the to factions that have just asked for mercenaries?

"Who the **** are those guys??? Are they like crazy people or something? Who... what... **** it ill have another drink."

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 10:20 PM
Knowledge check for the two factions [roll0]

Xialoh
2009-12-28, 10:23 PM
Knowledge check for the two factions [roll0]

CeltsClaire
2009-12-28, 10:24 PM
~within the darkness of her hood, her right brow lifts and arches slightly as she takes in all that is going on. Not one to move quickly on anything...she keeps a distant stance for the time being, hoping to learn more of these people and this strange place~

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 10:30 PM
Glances over at the hooded figure in the corner, that he noticed when he was looking for the source of the voice in his head, who has been leaning against the wall and watching them for awhile now. "Any idea who tha might be?" Nods his head in the direction of the figure. "They have been staring at us fer a bit now"

Xialoh
2009-12-28, 10:39 PM
"The names Xialoh Rain.." he replies, looking over to the cloaked figure. "I dunno who da' mooks are that just walked inta' da bar are though. I dunno anything about that guy in the corner either. I think they like keeping to themselves though". Xialoh shrugs after a moment. He would turn his attention to the mystery person again in a moment.

"But as for those recruiters, they look interestin'. Could be worth seeing what they're offerin' before ya try to get work on your own."

lordjim
2009-12-28, 10:44 PM
Whispers to his new dwarf friend, "You know when we do find an employer for jobs if we think hes taking to much of the cut we can always cut it back :)smiles if you know what i mean."

Xialoh
2009-12-28, 10:48 PM
Xialoh takes a drink of his ale as he attempts to listen to the human's conversation with Gera again. Maybe he'd overhear a name this time.

Listening[roll0]

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 10:49 PM
Smirks and whispers back
'I know exactly what ye mean, haha, but ya sounds like a fine idea to meh"

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 10:54 PM
Glances at the halfling as he notices his ears perk up again "No point in whispering around you then is there?"
Smirks at the halfling and slaps him on the back. "Hmmm time ta be overly bold I think. I'll buy ye all the next round of ale..." Looks over at the figure still sitting in the corner "Hey you! Join us fer a drink why don'tcha? Yer looking quite lonely over there."

CeltsClaire
2009-12-28, 11:04 PM
~ she had met Zack's initial gaze dead on... the energies reaching her telling him he is of good will, at least for the moment.~
~ contemplation touched her mind for a moment, she then began steps towards him, keeping her back always to the wall...slowly she stepped up beside him... keeping a distance. It would still be hard for them to see what lay beneath the cloaked figure but a very soft feminine voice would emit.~

" ...tapadh leibh (thank you)...tha' is so verra kind. I dinna drink ale, though"

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 11:12 PM
"Ah what is it ye drink lass?" Pulls a barstool up next to him for her to sit on.

CeltsClaire
2009-12-28, 11:17 PM
~ there was an ackward silence. She took time to take more of him in. She stepped up towards the chair, but still didn't sit... her voice rather hesitant ~

" ...blue elven wine would be ever so nice, sir...thank ye... "

Zackryz
2009-12-28, 11:50 PM
Motions for the barkeep to bring the ladies drink of choice and then beckons for her to sit next to him. "Come have ah seat lass, I won't bite ye, much" Smirks

Hyragec
2009-12-28, 11:56 PM
Several of the mercenaries have formed lines to speak with the various representatives, yet none have bothered with the barbaric looking bald man sitting off on his own. He orders a drink and a meal, paying for it with coin from a rather large satchel at his side, frowning and occasionally glaring at the two mercenary recruitment officers.

lordjim
2009-12-28, 11:58 PM
"Wow a dwarf with a things for elfs id never guess. So miss Elf you found yourself looking for work too? hic* you know I'm know to be quite the strong cleric and people are always loving a good cleric at their side. But what dose a dark character like you do....?"

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 12:03 AM
~nods towards him in thanks~
" ...och, aye?..." she replies in a jestful way
~ ...a small hand extending from the confines of her cloak as the barkeep brings her drink. She had been quite intently studying the bald barbaric man as he had peaked her interest...she sensed something quite different from him than the others~
~her attention then focused on the one who's hic-cups curled her sensitive ears~
"... I am no a ...how shall ye say 'dark' character, sir...I...well, I simply like ta keep much ta m'self at first "

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 12:08 AM
"Tis quite alright lass, have some more of tha there wine, tha should loosen ya up a bit" Looks over the two lines and then towards the man sitting by himself "I was never one ta wait in line, shall we talk ta tha feller over there by his lonesome? Doesn't seem like he has any shortage of money"

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 12:11 AM
"mmm".. Claire nods in agreement, taking her goblet in hand stepping back to allow the dwarf to get up and lead the way.

lordjim
2009-12-29, 12:11 AM
"Very fine you may keep to yourself. I would not want to intured."
mumbles to himself something
speaks in elf,"You be missing out" He said it almost as if he knew the elf would still here in some coy way.

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 12:18 AM
~turned back to look at him...the hood falling back from her face a bit, fine features and brilliant emerald eyes look intently at him... her voice soft and understanding~
" ...twas no interupt at all sir... I appreciate yer interest "

Reverent-One
2009-12-29, 12:22 AM
In answer to the human's question of his skills, Einar answers, "I'm a mage, but not one of the purely academic types you see so often. I've been primarily trained for battle."

Einar looks over the recruiters as they enter, letting others rush to be the first in line for the first two of them. "Might as well see what the bald one is looking for, the others have made their intentions known well enough."

History check on the two stated organizations:
[roll0]

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 12:23 AM
~heard mumbling, her slightly pointed elven ears perk ~1d20+8

Xialoh
2009-12-29, 12:26 AM
Xialoh smirks at the dwarf's comment. He was never happy to have someone notice him being a little overly curious, but it was no serious matter right now - he was much more careful when it made a difference.

For the moment, Xialoh chose not to say much, finding it more informative to simply sit and watch the ongoings as the group met with their new elf friend. When the human started to mumble, he tilted his head up a little to try and make out the words he was saying.

Listening to the human[roll0]

"Hmph, mook-speak..."

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 12:29 AM
Smacks the halfling on the back again "I swear ye defeat the purpose of someone speaking under there breath wit all ye eavesdropping, glad I don't have any secrets ta keep from ye" Hops down off his stool and slowly begins walking towards the old man "Well off we go then"

lordjim
2009-12-29, 12:35 AM
"An arcane man with armor and a sword its good to see a man of wit not to scared to also you muscle." Slaps a hand on his solder in acceptance and ordered a round of beer for yet another new soon to be companion. After they get their drinks they followed the dwarf and halfling to see how things may play out.

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 12:40 AM
~followed with them, but still kept an almost ackward distance...she held great hesitancy in her trust of anyone~

Hyragec
2009-12-29, 12:43 AM
The large man looked up warily. "You... vant sometingk?" He asked in a thick accent, his eyes narrowed as he inspects each of the people approaching his table. He drinks from the mug placed before him, but does nothing to keep any of you from taking a seat. The large man has a faint tattoo on his cheek, the ink almost completely vanished by now, and you get the idea that this man is quite old indeed.

((Knowledge Geography or Knowledge History to guess his accent))

The man eyes each of you.

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 12:48 AM
Plops down in a chair across from the man "Well we assumed that ye were looking ta hire people jus the same as those fellers, so we decided to come chat with ye."

Reverent-One
2009-12-29, 12:48 AM
Einar watches the man as he sits down, "You may not have been as obvious as those two over there," he jerks a finger towards the two recruiters, "But I'd bet your looking for something, or someone's, as well."

Knowledge History on the accent
[roll0]

Xialoh
2009-12-29, 12:49 AM
Xialoh seems a little annoyed by the dwarf's constantly watching his ears so closely, but he calms down a bit when considering that he is eavesdropping after all. Somewhat reluctantly, he follows the dwarf over to see the recruiter. As the man speaks, Xialoh listens closely to his accent.

[roll0]

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 01:03 AM
~Claire's eyes narrowed as she heard the accent this barbaric man spoke in~

~letting the others get closer, she kept her distance but still became very much a part of the group. One hand still hidden inside her cloak, she lifted the goblet with her free hand, fingers gently wrapped around the stem of earthen goblet, and sipped of it slowly as her eyes never left the bald one...waiting for him to tell them more.~

Hyragec
2009-12-29, 01:09 AM
The large man looks to Einar and Gera, nodding a bit. "Aye. I am lookingk for help. I have asked both of those mercenary groups for aid, even offered coin, but neither one vill help me. No mercenary group in the city vill help. I need people villingk to do vhat dey are not villingk to do. But here is not safe to talk of such thingks, and besides. De law demands dat ve sign a contract, and if you are not an adventuring group by law, den I cannot hire you vithout being imprisoned. You could alvays see de Registrant down at de City Council chambers. He could help and den I could hire you if you are villingk." He said with a nod, running his fingers over his bald head as he spoke.

lordjim
2009-12-29, 01:17 AM
The human goes suddenly quiet after his last drunken laugh. The normal drunken humor that the man use to show is gone. He stands up and looks each of you in the eye and says,"So we have all come together under one roof in one day. I have waited many days to find such a group of people as this. Blessed be this day. Maybe my goddess has brought us together or maybe not. Either way we would all be for lost if we did not take arms together and go forth with are goal. I can proudly say i am Mishtafure JOIN ME!!!" Raises his cup in tost and waits for others.

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 01:22 AM
"We will go an' get the paperwork out of ta way, before we go wha is yer name sir?

Hyragec
2009-12-29, 01:25 AM
The man nods a bit. "You may call me Petrov. I vill be here awaiting you vhen you return." He said with a nod as he spoke and turned his attention back to the food and drink before him.

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 01:32 AM
*there was a commotion stirring outside, it seemed before it was heard, she was excusing herself by a nod of her head and gone, outside the tavern door*

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 01:36 AM
Downs the rest of his ale and gets out of his chair "Very well then, we shall return shortly." Leaves for the registration office and motions for everyone to follow

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 01:39 AM
Notices the cloaked lass hurrying out the door ahead of him and hurries his space to find out where she is going with such haste without uttering a word to the rest of them.

Hyragec
2009-12-29, 01:41 AM
The City's Council Chambers was a large building dominating the harbor town skyline with a massive dome. Just inside were merchants, politicians, and diplomats coming to speak with the representatives of the Simbul. One off to the side wore green robes and sat at a desk. The guards at the door point to him if asked, as the guild registrar.

The man looks up, thoroughly disinterested and grunts a bit. "Yes? What can I do for you?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow as he looked over the group assembled before him.

"I presume you wish to form a guild. Do you have the necessary coin?" He asked.

CeltsClaire
2009-12-29, 01:47 AM
~dissappears into the crowd outside, a small commotion being seen in the distance. Claire comes up upon a most dark and ominous war horse, the likes rarely seen in its height and breadth of shoulder span. She speaks softly, lifting her hand to pet his neck affectionately.~

"....shhh mo charaid....shhhh...."

~the warhorse's temper begins to calm immediately to her touch. She turns and looks towards the children who had been poking him....her eyes narrowing on them seriously~

"... ye must be careful bairns...tis no horse ta be played with...."

~the children still in a bit of shock~

"... he bites!.."

~as the kinder run away she grins, mounts Donas and makes way towards the registration office~

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 02:05 AM
Drops a bag of gold on the table and addresses the man who spoke to them "Yes sir, we would like to form "Fate's Hand""

Hyragec
2009-12-29, 02:13 AM
"Hmmm." He said, looking at the bag of collected gold. "Very well. Step up and sign your names here on this parchment and I will issue you a license to hire yourself out as a mercenary company." He said with a nod as another man stepped over and took the gold to count it and make a record.

The Registrar wrote on a new piece of parchment and then dripped a bit of wax over a small amount of pre-cut red ribbon, bringing his signet ring up and pressing it into the wax. He held it there for a moment and then pulled it out, cleaning it off a bit. Blowing on the paper, the wax cooled.

"There you are. The founding members of Fate's Hand are listed on the license and any cohorts or recruits you come across will need to be registered with us here and given identification. You are responsible for that. Registration for new members is a one time fee of one hundred silvers." He said with a nod. "If there is nothing further, then our business is done." He said to the five gathered before him.

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 02:19 AM
Signs his name on the list and steps slightly to the side allowing his fellow companions to sign their names.

Xialoh
2009-12-29, 03:29 AM
Xialoh followed the group through the town, keeping to himself as they made their way to the City Council Chambers. He briefly inspected things along the way, expecting to find out a little more about the city.

A 'just because' gather information check on the city[roll0]

Xialoh leaned against the desk while the dwarf handled the details to form the guild. "Fates Hand..That's got a bit of a nice ring 'to it". The name "Fates Hand" actually sounded pretty good, so he had no qualms about signing the charter. He turned slightly, signed his name, and walked towards the door.

Reverent-One
2009-12-29, 10:01 AM
Judging the rest of the group to be reasonable allies, Einar signed the form as well. "Time see what help Petrov needs then," he says as he makes his way back to the tavern with the rest of them.

lordjim
2009-12-29, 12:15 PM
Admiring how well this group has come together Mishtafure gose to sine the paper as well. Mishtafure J. Ward

Hyragec
2009-12-29, 07:08 PM
After all 5 had signed, Petrov was still sitting where he had been before, relaxing in the tavern and drinking a mug of spiced mead that gave off a pleasing aroma. He sniffed it and and breathed deeply as the heated liquor seemed almost therapeutic to him. He took a deep draught from the mug and set it back on the table.

Zackryz
2009-12-29, 11:10 PM
Gera plops down in the chair across from Petrov and motions for the barkeep to bring him a glass of ale before turning back to Petrov. "Alrigh', we be official now" Slides the document confirming that they are a legal group of mercenaries across the table. "Now wha' be this job of yers?"

Hyragec
2009-12-30, 12:07 AM
He waits until all five of you are nearby and looks at the paper.

"Da... Looks good to me. All right. You vant coin? I haff one thousand for you now. One thousand for you vhen de job is complete. I represent Blethran Almada Vrinn of the Hathrans of Rasheman. She is going on a spiritual journey to complete a rite of passage to her ascendancy into the Hathrans of my homeland. She needs guards, however." He said with a glare toward the Blood Moon Company recruitment master.

"The Simbul here has signed a treaty vith de FILTH dat is Thay, but Rasheman vill have none of dis. And so Thay and Rasheman continue to stalk vone another like starving vinter volves. ((Winter Wolves)) And because of dis, none of the mercenary companies in Aglarond are villing to take up arms against ACTUAL Red Vizards, who vill likely try to stop Blethran Vrinn from completing her task. Vill you take on de job?" He asked curiously, looking to each of you.

DC 10 Knowledge History checks. Everyone can make the roll since it's DC 10.

Zackryz
2009-12-30, 12:18 AM
Knowledge History[roll0]

lordjim
2009-12-30, 12:19 AM
Knowledge History
[roll0]

says,"Hmmm, now i know why no one wants to help you. Thank you for not sending us in blind. Thayvian wizards own and RULE Thay. No one wants to help her because that would almost be asking them for a fight. Even if you could take them on you wouldn't want to."
Thinks to himself
"But it could be a good chance to get are name out their, and maybe if were lucky they will be under prepared for a group like ares. O and dwarf the Thay hate hate hate non human like most of us here."

Reverent-One
2009-12-30, 10:56 AM
History check-[roll0]

Zackryz
2009-12-31, 10:08 PM
"Aye, we'll be taking the job. Only thing better than some coin is a challenge." Gera smirks and accepts the initial thousand gold, which he then distributes among his fellow comrades. "Where do we meet with her?"

Hyragec
2009-12-31, 11:05 PM
"Here is a map. It vill show you vhere you are to meet her. She is expectingk help, so I vould make considerable haste. She cannot vait long." He said with a nod. "De longer she vaits, de more exposed she is for sittingk still. She must be on de move quickly." He pressed, making sure that the urge for haste was keenly expressed as he slipped a piece of vellum from under his cloak, handing it across to Gera. The large man nodded after handing over both map and coin. "I vill be here vaitingk for your return vith de other one thousand gold. It is a two day ride, so I suggest you leave immediately." He nodded firmly.

Reverent-One
2010-01-03, 04:12 PM
His trainers at the war college had no love for the Thay, and these feelings had been passed onto Einar. "The wizards of Thay are scum, I'm happy to do any work that hinders them." Einar says as he takes the map.

"Riches and fame await us, let's not leave the lady waiting, fellows."

Xialoh
2010-01-05, 02:53 AM
Knowledge Check[roll0]

Xialoh nodded quietly. The work sounded interesting enough to motivate him, almost as much as the payment did. He kept quiet about whatever information he knew about the man and his task, however. "Let's get goin' then."

Hyragec
2010-01-06, 09:34 AM
As the group leaves the tavern and makes your way to the market district to procure transportation in the form of mounts, you are all made aware of a slightly disturbing feeling. The sense that you are being watched enters your minds, but as you each turn in your own due course to check over your shoulder, there is no one about that strikes you as suspicious.

The livery stables near the gates supply each of you with a proper mount and after purchasing trail rations and any extra supplies, you head out of the gates to make your way along the road out of Velprintalar and toward the wilds of neighboring Rasheman.

The day moves on as hour after hour passes and the sun traces its slow but inevitable path across the sky, setting behind you in the West as the mystic hour of twilight approaches.

Make me listen and spot checks.

lordjim
2010-01-07, 11:08 AM
[roll0] Listen check
[roll1] Spot check
sorry messed up roll code :(

lordjim
2010-01-07, 11:10 AM
[roll0] listen check
[roll1] spot check

Xialoh
2010-01-07, 04:05 PM
Listen Check
[roll0]
Spot Check
[roll1]

Reverent-One
2010-01-08, 07:42 PM
Listen-[roll0]
Spot-[roll1]

Zackryz
2010-01-08, 10:41 PM
[roll0]-(listen)
[roll1]

Hyragec
2010-01-08, 10:44 PM
Before you on the road stands a dark figure, his large musculature is plain as he stands dead center of the road heading into Rasheman and out of Aglarond. His large bulk is considerable and he says not a word nor makes any movement that he recognizes your presence riding toward him.

Reverent-One
2010-01-08, 11:26 PM
Einar cautiously slows his horse as they approach the strange man. "Hello sir." He says out when he is nearer, "How are you this fine day? And what brings you to stand here at this particular spot?"

Zackryz
2010-01-08, 11:54 PM
Gera grips his greataxe in anticipation for a fight, cautiously looking over this strange man.

Hyragec
2010-01-09, 10:15 PM
The large man in the center of the road smirks and chuckles, throwing back the cowl from his traveling cloak that covers him, revealing the scarred face of a large Orc. He snarls at all of you on the road, baring his large teeth.

"You go no further. None a yous is gonna go any furder on dis 'ere road." He grunts. With his words, a howling screech echoes from the sides of the road and half a dozen Orcs erupt near the treeline, whooping and hollering for battle.

Everyone roll initiative. Xialoh since you made the listen check, you are the only one allowed an action this round.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/pcope/Road_Encounter_-_Orcs

Password to edit is Draconorum

Orc Leader [roll0]
Orc Sergeants [roll1]
Orcs [roll2]

Hyragec
2010-01-10, 01:22 PM
I was told it would go faster this way, so here are your characters' initiative rolls. Next post will begin combat.
Gera [roll0]
Xialoh [roll1]
Einar [roll2]
Mishtafure [roll3]

Hyragec
2010-01-10, 01:45 PM
The Orcs, howling and lusting for blood, charge forward. The large one in the center of the road charges forward to Mishtafure, bejewelled greatsword held aloft as he snarls and attacks. From the tree-line, two more Orcs charge into the fray wearing chainmail as they step up to attack.

Orc Leader attacking Mishtafure
Damage [roll1]

Orc Sergeant attacking Mishtafure [roll2]
Damage [roll]1d8+1d6+5

Orc Sergeant attacking Gera
Damage [roll]1d8+1d6+5

lordjim
2010-01-10, 01:53 PM
Concentration check for defensive casting of 3rd level spell.[roll0] DC 18
cast inflict serous wounds with sudden maximize

[roll1] Touch attack on boss orc guy
29 damage on will save 17

The large orc from the center of the road comes forward with another orc scum coming from the side. He doges the smallers orcs first swing but this blood crazed orc from the rode attacks with far to much str. and some how skill. Mistufure takes his hit but quickly comes back with a glowing hand. Now you will know Fate's Hand.

Hyragec
2010-01-10, 02:03 PM
Orc Leader Will Save [roll0]

Your turn Gera!

The Orc leader, howling in triumph as his blade sinks home into the flesh of Mishtafure's thigh, fails to dodge from the counterattack. The red glowing hand, crackling with negative energy grips the large bicep of the Orc leader, sending a shockwave of pain and debilitating energy through his body. Staggering back, he grunts and shifts, still in the fight, but quite wary of this human.

Zackryz
2010-01-13, 12:36 AM
Gera shifts closer to the nearby tree and wields his greataxe eager to fight.

Hyragec
2010-01-13, 12:57 AM
The Orcs, howling as they charge forth from the treeline, snarl at all of you, some throwing javelins, and two other pulling out large falchions as they attack.

Orc 1 vs Einar
Orc 2 vs Einar [roll1]
Orc 3 vs Gera [roll2]
Orc 4 vs Xialoh [roll3]
Orc 5 vs Xialoh [roll4]

I'll check this and then edit and add a second spoiler to see who gets damaged if any of these hit.

Moving toward the Dwarf, one Orc raises his falchion high and arcs his blow in a downward strike, attacking Gera.

Orc 3 damage [roll] 2d4+4

Hyragec
2010-01-13, 01:01 AM
Ok so I learned that you can't go back and hit 'edit' and add a brand new roll. >.> Odd. But oh well!

Orc 3 Damage Roll [roll0]

You're up Xialoh!

Xialoh
2010-01-15, 02:57 PM
Xialoh sighed for a moment as he stepped off of his mount. He'd seen this coming, but neglected to say anything about it in time. It wasn't always best to keep one's observations to himself..

He stopped his train of thought, narrowly dodging an orc's attack as he moved to the side. Not wanting to give the orc a second chance, Xialoh ran a few feet, somewhat distancing himself from the rest of the group, prepared to fire an arrow between the assailants eyes. However, he noticed that there were more dangerous targets not too far away..

His positioning had cleared him for a better shot at the leader, so risking another chance to be hit by the orc focused on him, he fired his one shot towards the orc leader in the distance.

Attack on the Orc Leader[roll0] [roll1]

Hyragec
2010-01-15, 03:00 PM
The Orc leader, struck in the shoulder, reels at the impact and grunts, his eyes rolling about as he deals with the arrow thudding into his shoulder.

The Orc nearest Xialoh roared and brandished his falchion in a hasty attack as his quarry pulled away.

Orc 4 vs. Xialoh [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Xialoh gets +1 AC for Skirmishing as well

Reverent-One
2010-01-15, 08:01 PM
As Einar ducks under the thrown javelins, he digs around in his pouch for the right materials. Gathering them together, he focuses his arcane energy, speaking the words of power needed to begin the ball of fire that grows in his hand. Throwing it to the ground, the sphere continues to grow and rolls towards the orcs that attacked Einar. "Here, play for this for a while." he says, turning his attention to the more dangerous foes.

Standard: Cast flaming sphere in B7
Move: roll flaming sphere to B6, doing [roll0] damage to the orc, negateable on a DC 16 Reflex Save.

Hyragec
2010-01-15, 08:49 PM
Orc 1 Reflex Save
[roll0]

Orcs turn to come in a later post so I can see if this guy dies :P

Hyragec
2010-01-15, 09:03 PM
The Orcs, rallying now that battle has been joined, give a loud shout. The two Orcish sergeants shift to either side of the human caster that called forth the flaming sphere as their leader steps back a few feet and pulls forth a potion, drinking it.

Orc Leader 5 foot steps, takes out a potion and quaffs it.

Orc Sergeants vs. Einar
[roll1]
[roll]1d8+1d6+5

[roll]1d8+1d6+5

Hyragec
2010-01-15, 09:11 PM
Ok so someone will have to teach me how to roll multiple different kinds of dice when someone is available to do that. >.> But for now? The damage stephen takes is this.

[roll0]
[roll1]

14 damage

lordjim
2010-01-16, 12:45 AM
Mishtafure was glad that the strong orc who had attacked him before retreated if only for the moment. This gave him much needed time to heal from the bad gash on his thigh. looking behind he saw poor Einar being flanked and take a strong hit. Mishtafure wanted to help but he knew he needed to be ready for that orc if he attacked him again.

Getting off his mount and taking a few steps back from the scout orcs that were on Einar, not wanting to give them an open chance to stop his casting, he closed his eyes chanting magic healing words on himself.
[roll0] (that healed me all the way up :) )

Zackryz
2010-01-16, 05:22 PM
"Ye be a dead stinkan orc en ah moment" Gera swings his mighty great axe with all his might.
Power Attack 3 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Hyragec
2010-01-16, 06:43 PM
Deflecting the blow with his falchion, the Orc facing off against Gera counter-attacks with a vicious swing even as the rest of his brethren surround Mishtafure and Einar, threatening to overwhelm the two.

Orc 1 vs Einar [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Orc 2 vs Einar [roll2]

Damage [roll3]

Orc 3 vs Gera [roll4]

Damage [roll5]

Orc 4 vs Mishtafure [roll6]

Damage [roll7]

Orc 5 vs Mishtafure [roll8]

Damage [roll9]

Hyragec
2010-01-16, 06:48 PM
Confirming Crit hits vs. Gera and Mishtafure from Orcs 3 and 4

Orc 3 [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Orc 4 [roll2]

Damage [roll3]

Xialoh. Save your party and kill some of these mofo orcs.

Reverent-One
2010-01-16, 07:15 PM
Roll to stay on the horse: [roll0]

Xialoh
2010-01-16, 07:54 PM
Xialoh seems dissatisfied with his shot against the orc leader, shrugging as he dodges the last swing of the orc's blade as he makes his way farther south. "Eh, I slowed 'em down. Time to deal with this guy over 'ere.."

Attack against Orc 4[roll0][roll1]

Reverent-One
2010-01-16, 08:26 PM
Stabalization roll, [roll0]

Hyragec
2010-01-16, 08:59 PM
Xialoh's arrow thunks into the side of an orc just below his arm, burying its shaft in his chest. He howled in rage and pitched to the side as he bled out and died there on the ground, the deadly halfling scout claiming First Blood.

From along the road a shrill cry of battle echoes and causes the orcs to turn their attention, however brief, to the entrance of another, not of their own kind. Claire, having spent time scouting the road behind for any traces of being followed, finally caught up to the group after hearing sounds of combat. Her trained warhorse charged forward.

Dismount Roll

[roll0]

Attack roll to come in the next post pending the results of this roll.

Hyragec
2010-01-16, 09:04 PM
Leaping gracefully from the saddle, she landed, bow at the ready before nocking an arrow and firing at one of the orcs, whispering a curse at the horrid creature that helped fell her companion Einar. Her horse charged forward to attack with one of its hard iron shod hooves.

Claire vs. Orc Sergeant
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Donas (Hvy. Warhorse Animal Companion) vs. Orc 2
[roll2]

[roll3]

The arrow sped to the nearest of the orc sergeants and slammed into its back, twisting it around as the Orc snarled and spoke in Orcish, calling a blessing from Gruumsh as it turned toward her.

Donas reared and slammed its head against a panicked orc, smashing its iron shod hoof through the Orc's temple, crushing its skull. Viscera and blood splattering across the dark warhorse's coat and avenging Einar.

Zackryz
2010-01-16, 09:33 PM
Gera steps to his left and swings at the orc he narrowly missed before.
[roll0][roll1]

Hyragec
2010-01-16, 11:11 PM
The Orcs, quick to rally after the loss of two of their number and the injuries they've sustained, move to attack the new threats of Claire and her animal companion. The Leader running to attack Xialoh, who's arrow sank into his shoulder.

Orc Leader vs Xialoh [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Orc Sergeant vs Donas [roll2]

Damage[roll3]

Orc Sergeant vs Claire [roll4]

Damage[roll5]

Mishtafure, you're up! :)

lordjim
2010-01-16, 11:20 PM
Just seconds after healing his last wound another orc somehow slips right pass Mishtafure's armor. But behind him he hears a body hit the floor hoping to see a dead orc on the ground he looks only to find poor Einar on the ground.

Taking a few small steps to Einar he cast another healing spell hoping the battle mage will clear out some of the orcs when he awoke.

[roll0]

Zackryz
2010-01-17, 02:31 AM
GERA SCREAMS IN FRUSTRATION AS HE SWINGS HIS AXE AGAIN [roll0][roll1]

Hyragec
2010-01-18, 10:00 PM
The Orcs remaining charge at Mishtafure, seeing him healing his fallen ally Einar and attempt to strike him down even as Gera's axe crashes into the Orc he had been sparring with, splitting his torso in two as the axe bit into the shoulder and cleaved through the chest of the Orc, leaving it to fall away dead.

Orc 1 vs Mishtafure [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Orc 5 vs Mishtafure [roll2]

Damage [roll3]

And Mishta takes damage from Orc 1 but not Orc 2 :) Xialoh, you're up and Einar you're on deck!

Xialoh
2010-01-22, 01:36 AM
Xialoh grimaced in pain after taking the blow from the orc leader. Glaring at it, having been annoying caught off guard by the creature's choosing to sprint so far over to him, he darted a few feet away, heading towards Claire's position, and quickly turned to take another shot at the orc leader. "There's no way this guy can take much more than another two shots".

Xialoh Attacking Orc Leader 1d20+9

Damage vs Orc Leader 1d6+3

OOC: My rolls are broken. Help?

Hyragec
2010-01-22, 01:05 PM
Reposting for Xialoh to see if it's busted all around or if he's just having difficulties

Xialoh Attacking Orc Leader [roll0]

Damage vs Orc Leader [roll1]

Einar you're on deck. Dunno what to tell ya Xialoh. It worked for me.

Reverent-One
2010-01-22, 07:12 PM
Waking up from unconsiousness, Einar sees he's still surrounded. Instead of getting up, Einar concentrates, summoning the sphere to attack one of the orcs beside him while an orb of acid appears in his hand, which he thrusts at another of the attackers.

Move: Flaming sphere rolls over to hit the O1.
Damage-[roll0]
Standard: Cast defensively (Concentration check-[roll1]) Lesser orb of Acid.
Ranged touch attack-[roll2]
Damage-[roll3]

Xialoh
2010-01-22, 09:11 PM
Xialoh grimaced in pain after taking the blow from the orc leader. Glaring at it, having been annoying caught off guard by the creature's choosing to sprint so far over to him, he darted a few feet away, heading towards Claire's position, and quickly turned to take another shot at the orc leader. "There's no way this guy can take much more than another two shots".

Xialoh Attacking Orc Leader [roll0]

Damage vs Orc Leader [roll1]

OOC: got it working. Will delete this if you want. I only end up doing 1 more damage. Amazing.

Hyragec
2010-01-24, 02:43 AM
Xialoh. You didn't get attacked. My previous post was just posting your attack rolls since you couldn't get them to work. I already figured my attack/damage roll in there so we'll ignore your 2nd post and move from Revenant's to Claire's. :) Sorry for any confusion.

Orc 1 Reflex Save vs Flaming Sphere [roll0]

The Orc grunt barely notices as the sphere shifts toward him, so intent on striking the killing blow on the wizard Einar. Only when the sphere slams into his side, breaking bones and incinerating him does he screech in pain and agony. Dropping to his knees flailing about, his breath is extinguished as the Orc is cooked alive. The Sergeant, watching in horror as his companion dies a fiery death feels the sting of acid eating at his armor and the flesh of his chest as the orb slams into him. He reels, deeply wounded, but growls and snarls against the pain.

Hyragec
2010-01-24, 03:01 AM
Shifting back, Claire puts a bit of distance between her and the Orc that charged her, her bow at the ready and an arrow nocked, she takes little time to aim, the practiced archer's movements fluid and graceful as she fires the arrow at her attacker. Donas, her horse, continues the assault on the Orc Sergeant, freshly burned by Einar's magic.

Claire vs. Orc Sergeant 2
[roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Donas vs. Orc Sergeant 1 (2 Hooves, 1 Bite)
[roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

Damage (2 Hooves, 1 Bite) [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

So the Horse potentially critted with the Bite, but that was enough just on regular damage to kill it. Top of the order, so that's Orc Leader and the only remaining Sergeant. Then Mishta, Gera, Orc number 5, Xialoh, Einar, and Claire in that order.

The arrow catches in the chainmail, deflected slightly off by the Orc sergeant's shield as it grins at Claire's missed attack. Donas, however, fared far better. The horse, rearing back, nips at the Orc, catching it in the neck and bringing one of its hooves down onto the back of the Sergeant near to Einar, snapping its spine at the lower neck, killing the creature as it crumpled to the ground

Hyragec
2010-01-24, 03:11 AM
The Orc Leader and his remaining Sergeant charge forward to their respective attackers, intent on ending the skirmishing duo once and for all.

Orc Leader vs. Xialoh [roll0]
[roll1]

Orc Sergeant vs. Claire [roll2]
[roll3]

Here's hoping for whiffs.

HA! Crit miss for the Orc Leader! :D

The Orc, swinging his greatsword in a powerful arc, attempting to cleave Xialoh in two, brings it down and the Halfling easily dodged the blow, sidestepping with enough time to give him a rude gesture.

Claire, was not so fortunate. The arrow being deflected, before she could move away, the Orc Sergeant closed the distance and brought his morningstar to bear. Raising her arm to defend herself, the crushing blow smashed into Claire's forearm, bones cracking under the blow as she howled in pain.

lordjim
2010-01-24, 06:25 PM
Barley able to stand form the last hit he took from one of the orcs, Mistafure takes a few steps back from the last orc standing next to him to cast one last strong healing spell on himself for the day.
"if only i could stop more of these attacks i could do more then heal."
roll to see how much i heal. [roll0]

Magic light can be seen coming from Mistafures wounds they don't seal all the way but improve greatly.

Zackryz
2010-01-24, 07:59 PM
Gera rushes the last remaining Orc and swings his axe
[roll0][roll1]

Zackryz
2010-01-24, 08:13 PM
EDIT For last rolls I didn't add my rage bonus [roll0][roll1]

Hyragec
2010-01-24, 08:19 PM
The Orc raises its falchion, but the curved blade of the Greataxe pushes it away, leaving the Orc's chest and face open as the axe cuts into the Orc raider's jaw and becomes buried in the chest, cleaving it almost in two as the blade sinks into the soft tissue of his stomach.

Orc 5 is dead. It's all you Xialoh! Your turn bud!

Xialoh
2010-01-25, 05:11 AM
Xialoh gives the orc a taunting grin. "Bet'cha pretty pissed off now eh? C'mon, try 'an swing that axe s'more" he said, his intent to get the orc less focused, and a little more angry - possibly a bad idea. He wasn't even sure if the thing understood his language, but taunts were pretty obvious no matter what language barriers were in place. He ran a few feet away again, not going far enough to lose focus on the orc for even a moment as he moved

Attack Roll on Orc Leader
[roll0]

Damage Roll Against Orc Leader
[roll1]

Reverent-One
2010-01-28, 10:59 PM
Not even wasting the time to get up, Einar sends his fireball after the orc leader, following it up with pair of rays of fire, targeting both the remaining orcs.

Move:Flaming sphere to E13, hitting the leader for [roll0] without a DC 16 reflex save.
Standard: If the leader is still alive, use scorching ray, hitting both the leader and the sargent, if the leader dies, target the sargent with both rays.
Ray 1 vs Leader
Attack-[roll1]
Damage-[roll2]
Ray 2 vs Sargent
Attack-[roll3]
Damage-[roll4]

Hyragec
2010-01-28, 11:11 PM
Orc Leader Reflex save [roll0]

Deftly dodging the Flaming Sphere as it hurtles across the ground toward him, the first ray aimed at him flies wide of its mark, but the second, targeting the Orc Sergeant towering over Claire, hits square in the back, injuring the Orc badly.

Hyragec
2010-01-30, 04:30 AM
Ok so apparently Myth Weavers is down. I hope for a very short time because otherwise we're going to have to figure out a new way to store and handle character sheets. I'll be posting Claire's turn as soon as I can.

lordjim
2010-02-02, 03:59 PM
ITS BACK UP!!!!!

Xialoh
2010-02-03, 06:32 PM
I second that it's back up and has been back up for quite a while.

Wake Up roll against Copenhagen
(11d9000+9001)[18001]

Yes this is in character.

lordjim
2010-02-03, 06:40 PM
Wake up roll?? [roll0] HA HA mines higher

Hyragec
2010-02-03, 06:48 PM
Whistling for her mount, Claire drops her bow, cradling her injured arm close to her body and draws her longsword to attack, the large warhorse charging forward to attack the Orc leader.

Claire vs. Orc Sergeant [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Donas vs. Orc Leader [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Hyragec
2010-02-03, 07:01 PM
The Orc Leader turns after dealing with the flaming sphere and Xialoh's attack, but cannot turn quickly enough, the large warhorse rears and his hoof strikes hard at the temple of the Orc, sending him reeling as he can barely stand, bleeding from half a dozen wounds. "YOU WILL NOT WIN!" He snarls in angry defiance as he shifts toward Xialoh once more and away from the warhorse to strike at the small halfling, eager to be away from the horse and the flaming sphere.

The sergeant, to his credit grinned as he deflected Claire's meager blow from his shield and reared back to strike with his morningstar once more.

Orc Leader vs. Xialoh power attacking for 5 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Orc Sergeant vs.Claire [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Mishtafure! You're up! Charge that Orc Leader and beat him down! He just dropped one of your buddies!

lordjim
2010-02-03, 07:24 PM
Done with casting spell and hopeing to finish this battle quickly with his blade Mishtafure moves up on the Orc leader and makes his strike.
attack roll [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Hyragec
2010-02-04, 11:51 AM
With a mighty swing of his greatsword, Misthafure buries his sword in the Orc's shoulder just as the leader had felled his companion, dropping the foul creature to its wounds.

Gera! You're up! Go be a hero and save Claire!

Zackryz
2010-02-09, 10:39 AM
Gera rushes towards the last remaining orc, attempting to cleave it in half. [roll0][roll1]

Hyragec
2010-02-09, 12:33 PM
The Dwarf snarls in rage and charges forward, shoving Einar out of the way and nearly knocking him over as he leaps into the air. The Orc turns to face the new threat, but is far too slow as Gera's axe bites into the neck of the creature and leaves its head rolling on the ground. Blood showers over the Dwarf as the last of your attackers falls away, the ambush thoroughly destroyed as bodies litter the roadway.

Claire stands and nurses her arm, walking over toward Donas.

"I need to have this injury dealt with immediately. I ride for Velprintalar to seek aid. When you return, find me there and I will help you if I can. Farewell brave comrades." She says, spurring her mount back toward the city you'd left after she mounts up.

Searching over the bodies, your group finds a number of interesting items.

Please add any of these items you choose to take along to your character sheets.

2x Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (Orc Boss)
1x +2 Chain Shirt (Orc Boss)
1x +1 Greatsword (Orc Boss)
2x +1 Morningstar (Orc Sergeants)
2x +1 Chainmail (Orc Sergeants)
2x +1 Light Steel Shields (Orc Sergeants)
5x Falchion (one for each normal Orc)
20x Javelins (4 for each normal Orc)
5x Studded Leather Armor (one for each normal Orc)

750 gp total

1 Scroll (DC 20 Spellcraft to determine what it is)
1 Letter written in Draconic

lordjim
2010-02-10, 05:00 PM
Spellcraft for the scroll[roll0]
healing spells
1-2nd level heal to Xialoh [roll1]
1-1st level spell to xialoh [roll2]
1-1st level spell to Me [roll3]
2-1st level heal spells to Einar [roll4] + [roll5] = 18

Calling the powers of his god many times Mishtafure dose his best to heal the party.

Reverent-One
2010-02-10, 09:44 PM
Claiming some of the loot for himself, specifically the chainshirt, a morningstar, and a light steel shield, Einar then examines the scroll, followed by the letter.

Spellcraft check: [roll0]

Hyragec
2010-02-11, 09:27 PM
The letter, translated from Draconic, reads:

Grishnak,
I detest that I must write to you and ask you of a favor, but trust when I say that you shall be well rewarded for your efforts. Our friends in Velprintalar have mentioned that a group of people are coming along the road heading to Rasheman. Their business is none of your concern. What is, is that they be stopped. I do not care how you do it, just ensure that they do not live long enough to interfere with my plans. Trust that you will be rewarded.

S.V.

Reverent-One
2010-02-12, 11:12 PM
Einar relays the contents on the letter to the rest of the group, "Obviously someone doesn't want us to succeed, and is already aware of us. We should tread lightly, but nonetheless," he contines with a wry smile, "I want to find whoever sic'ed these orcs on us and show them what it means to interfere with the hands of fate."

Xialoh
2010-02-15, 02:26 PM
OOC: I'd loot, but I'm not sure what to take >.> heh

Hyragec
2010-02-18, 10:21 AM
The sun sinks lower into the Western sky as the day fades fast. Your journey thus far from Velprintalar cost your group most of the day and night, with all its own dangers, will soon fall.

Whatever loot you guys want you can snag. Just remember that some of you have doubled up on armor (e.g. Einar and Xialoh) since both of you can wear light armor. Mishta? I would suggest you snag that +1 Greatsword if I might be so bold. Gera? You might wanna snag a Morningstar. Xialoh if you wanna snag the other morningstar it's better than your Handaxe.

As for what to do now? Might I suggest a rest? :P Write your group finding a small clearing somewhere off to the side of the road and making camp and then give me a watch order. When the watch order is decided, give me Spot and Listen checks for each person taking a watch.

lordjim
2010-02-18, 07:56 PM
"That was one hell of a fight we should set up camp." Grabs the +1 Great Sword "O and dibs on the sword." cracks a smile and cast another heal on himself then walks off the road setting up camp in a small clearing.

Reverent-One
2010-02-21, 01:43 AM
"I'll take first watch in you want me to, though my eyes aren't the best." Einar volunteers.

Xialoh
2010-02-24, 03:47 AM
Xialoh grabs one of the morningstars left behind by the orcs. It was clearly a nicer weapon than his own. He also grabs some of the studded leather armor, looking it over as he notices camp being set up.