PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Assorted feats & ACFs (PEACH)

Merk
2009-12-27, 11:36 AM
Accursed Invoker
PRQ: Access to Least invocations, Hexblade's Curse
Benefit: Your warlock and hexblade levels stack to determine invocations known, eldritch blast damage, hexblade's curse per day, and strength of the curse. If you use Eldritch Glaive at the same time you use Hexblade's Curse, you may forgo bonus damage die from Eldritch blast and worsen the effect of the curse by -1 and the DC by +4 per damage die sacrificed.

Envenomed Backstab
PRQ: Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike +1d6
Benefit: When you make a sneak attack or sudden strike with a weapon coated in contact or injury poison, you may choose to forgo any number extra damage die and instead increase the DC of the poison by 4 per bonus die sacrificed.

Expanded Mindblade [Psionic]
PRQ: Power point reserve, Mind blade class feature
Benefit: You may shape your mindblade into any weapon you are proficient with.

Inspired Fencer
PRQ: Inspiration, Weapon Finesse
Benefit: Your factotum and swashbuckler levels stack for determining inspiration points per encounter, Grace, and Dodge bonus. You gain a bonus to your melee attack rolls with weapon finesse weapons and your AC equal to your intelligence modifier and limited by your Swashbuckler level.

Lightning Bruiser
PRQ: Rage or frenzy class feature, Skirmish class feature.
Benefit: Your barbarian and scout level stack to determine rages per day, type of rage, and skirmish. While raging, any skirmish bonuses are doubled.

Martial Academic
PRQ: Initiator level 1st
Benefit: You may swap out two disciplines normally known to your class for any one discipline not normally known to your class. You automatically and immediately learn one 1st level maneuver and one 1st level stance from your chosen discipline. Once you take this feat, you may never learn maneuvers or stances from the two disciplines you have shunned.

Heartsong General
PRQ: Bardic Music, Minor Auras
Benefit: Your bard levels and your marshal levels stack for number of minor and major auras known, the bonus of the major aura, uses of bardic uses per day, and different types of bardic music. When performing bardic music and projecting an aura simulateously, you gain a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to your charisma modifier and limited by your Marshal level.

Bard ACF: Military Polonaise

You are a musician of a military order. Rather than having arcane abilities, you have been trained in the arts of war.

Level: 1st
Replaces: Arcane Spellcasting
Benefit: In lieu of arcane spellcasting, you are able to use martial maneuvers. You have full initiator levels for the purpose of learning maneuvers and stances. You recover maneuvers as a Swordsage. You learn and ready maneuvers and stances according to the following table. The disciplines available to you are: Coin's Edge, Falling Anvil, Fool's Grip, Scarlet Bravura, Shadow Hand, and White Raven

At level 5 and every 5th level afterwards (10th, 15th, 20th) you may choose to exchange one maneuver known for another known of the highest level you can initiate. You must meet the prerequisites for any learned maneuvers.

{table]Level | Maneuvers Known | Maneuvers Readied | Stances Known
1 | 3 | 2 | 1
2 | 3 | 2 | 1
3 | 4 | 2 | 1
4 | 4 | 3 | 1
5 | 4 | 3 | 1
6 | 5 | 3 | 2
7 | 5 | 3 | 2
8 | 5 | 4 | 2
9 | 6 | 4 | 2
10 | 6 | 4 | 2
11 | 6 | 4 | 3
12 | 7 | 5 | 3
13 | 7 | 5 | 3
14 | 7 | 5 | 3
15 | 8 | 5 | 3
16 | 8 | 6 | 4
17 | 8 | 6 | 4
18 | 9 | 6 | 4
19 | 9 | 6 | 4
20 | 9 | 7 | 4[/table]

Fighter ACF: Tactical Familiarity

You are an expert at all forms of combat. Even if you're not the brightest lantern in the room, your combat experience allows you to fight with a sort of physical intelligence.

Level: 1st
Replaces: Tower Shield Proficiency
Benefit: For the purposes of qualifying for feats, you have an effective Intelligence or Wisdom score equal to 12 + your fighter level. Thus, a 1st level fighter with 8 intelligence and tactical familiarity may still learn combat expertise. You must still meet all the other prerequisites of any feats you take.

In addition, you get a +1 competence bonus to all combat-related options such as disarm, trip, bull rush, overrun, sunder, grapple, etc. This bonus increases to +2 at 5th level, +3 at 9th level, +4 at 13 level, and +5 at 17th level.

Spiryt
2009-12-27, 11:43 AM
Lightning Bruiser
PRQ: Rage or frenzy class feature, Skirmish class feature.
Benefit: Your barbarian and scout level stack to determine rages per day, type of rage, and skirmish. While raging, any skirmish bonuses are doubled.

I don't have much experience with Scouts, but I find it much too powerful.

With just one level of Barbarian, you gain most powerful Barbarian ability, (Barb. has other quite interesting things, but from the 'hitting' point of view, you really only loose full BaB), while you have others scout abilities.

And double skirmish bonuses would make rather insane damage, especially in some builds.

Temotei
2009-12-27, 02:26 PM
I don't have much experience with Scouts, but I find it much too powerful.

With just one level of Barbarian, you gain most powerful Barbarian ability, (Barb. has other quite interesting things, but from the 'hitting' point of view, you really only loose full BaB), while you have others scout abilities.

And double skirmish bonuses would make rather insane damage, especially in some builds.

Plus it makes no sense that your skirmish AC bonus is doubled as well.

Some of these are just overpowered. The one involving the factotum and swashbuckler is too good, for one. Intelligence to attack rolls and AC (albeit, limited by a crappy class's levels), dodge, grace, and inspiration points...yeah. Anyways, the factotum has some power in getting Intelligence as the one ability score you need, which powers up the attack rolls and AC.

Swashbuckler gets attack bonuses.
Duelist gets AC bonuses.
Swashbuckler gets dodge bonuses.

Get rid of the AC bonus at the very least.

Tactical familiarity is too powerful as well. Get rid of the bonuses to special attacks, or get rid of the feat-prerequisite bonus. Plus, giving up tower shield proficiency isn't much for a lot of fighters. I'd recommend getting rid of a bonus feat, so it's actually a choice for fighters who aren't going to use tower shields.

I haven't looked at them all, so that's why I haven't commented on any others.

Fruchtkracher
2009-12-29, 08:28 AM
I love Accursed Invoker - hexblade and warlock just fit too well not to mix.
But I think that a +4 increase to the save DC per damage dice sacrificed
is waaay too high. Skip half the damage and a now usefull (perhaps too usefull)
curse affects the enemy for I guess 95 % of the time? Yes, please! I guess +1 per two damage dice to the effect and twice that amount to the save DC would be enough.

Same with Envenomed Backstab: While I like that poisons become more usefull
+4 per dice is simply way too high.

Expanded mindblade then again isn't worth a feat in my opinion. Perhaps give the weapon an additional +1 enhancement bonus or something like that.

Lightning Bruiser and Heartsong General just fit and stack nicely.

And the idea of a martial bard is sweet as well. Though I don't seem to recognise some of the disciplines, like Scarlet Bravura. Those aren't in the ToB, are they?

Though I'm just someone new in the forum I say well done, do like and will use :smallsmile:

Dante & Vergil
2009-12-29, 08:05 PM
For Accursed Invoker and Envenomed Backstab you should only increase the DC by 1 for every damage die given up, and keep the penalty increase of 1 per die for Accursed Invoker.