PDA

View Full Version : What games to buy for an Ipod Touch?

Green-Shirt Q
2009-12-27, 04:31 PM
Whenever I used to go on any long train rides, I used to take both my beloved Nintendo DS and my trusty Ipod and alternate between playing Mario games and listening to comedy songs. Both devices, along with my wallet and cell phone, took up a lot of space in my vest pockets, but I didn't mind. That was the whole reason I have a vest, so I could have extra pockets for stuff.

For the longest time, the iPod Ipod Touch has been on my long list along with Myspace and Facebook of technology trends I refuse to be a part of for no reason. However, to force me kicking and screaming into the current day of technology once again (and because she was concerned I was carrying too many stuff) my mother bought me and Ipod Touch, and insists that it replace both my current devices of gaming and music. The music one I'm not too worked up about. They're the same device for goddsake. I don't care about replacing my old Ipod with this.

But my Nintendo DS? NEVAR! :smallmad:

Unfortunetely I don't really have much of a choice in the matter. My mom's forcing me to pick a few games for the Ipod Touch to replace my DS. They all look like complete crap, but I need to pick a couple to shut her up.

Which ones can you guys recommend me? I'm a huge fan of Mario as well as anything that's action-packed and cartoony, preferably also funny. Any Ipod Touch games that can satisfy me in that regard?

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-27, 05:04 PM
Well, I'd start with not buying any.

Get say.... Quest of Knights onrush lite, which is sort of like Castle Crashers, if you like that. Galcon is a decent strategy game, and.. That's sort of what I can think of offhand. I don't really think any of the games are worth paying for, but the free versions are fine.

Trixie
2009-12-27, 05:55 PM
I'd second not buying any.

And seriously, DS (especially new version) is the superior entertainment device here, not iPoo. What does she mean by "current day"? :smallyuk:

Still, I'd love to have parents willing to buy me any electronic device, much less mp3/player/console. Oh no, out of question, unless my father spots something useless/overpriced and thoughtlessly wastes money on new toy despite my warnings.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-12-27, 07:54 PM
Well, I'd start with not buying any.

I'd second not buying any.

I know but I don't have a choice! :smallsigh:

My mother is really enthusiastic about me only carrying one device for both games and music, even though I try to explain that I don't mind it! I'm content with my DS and none of these stupid little games will replace that, but no!

Also, I'm not really a strategy guy. Anything else?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-27, 08:20 PM
Better idea: make your mom get you a DSi instead and get music on that.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-12-27, 08:33 PM
Better idea: make your mom get you a DSi instead and get music on that.

...I already HAVE the Ipod Touch. I think that ship, the ship of getting something else entirely, has sailed.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-27, 08:37 PM
Well, did she keep the receipt? If she really wants you to only have to carry around one device, then just explaining that the DSi would be better (assuming you share this opinion, of course) might be enough.

Plus, isn't the DSi like... $125 US cheaper?

Green-Shirt Q
2009-12-27, 08:40 PM
...Okay, forget it, everybody.

If nobody's going to help me pick out one or two games for this thing, then I guess I'll just pick some at random. Thanks anyway. :smallsigh:

Oregano
2009-12-27, 08:44 PM
I have heard good things about Zenonia... and GTA: Chinatown Wars should be releasing at some point, as should the Ace Attorney games. Check out Gameloft's stuff as well, they're usually ripoffs of other games but they're well made, they have racers, shooters, fighters, RPGs, platformers.

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-27, 08:58 PM
I allready told you.. Free games are fine.

Unless she has some sort of relentless urge to waste money.

Besides, I can't help you find a good game, because, honestly, all the games are crap.

Vitruviansquid
2009-12-27, 09:08 PM
Is there anything that can let you read novels off your iPod touch?

chiasaur11
2009-12-27, 09:33 PM
Well, after the usual caveat vis a vis "Your mom is insane"...

Canabalt. I don't know if its just for the phone, but if it isn't...

One button joy.

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-29, 12:28 AM
Well, after the usual caveat vis a vis "Your mom is insane"...

Canabalt. I don't know if its just for the phone, but if it isn't...

One button joy.

Yeah. I forgot about this.

Canabalt is absolutely amazing.

You can try it here (http://www.adamatomic.com/canabalt/) to see if you like it, too.

chiasaur11
2009-12-29, 12:32 AM
Yeah. I forgot about this.

Canabalt is absolutely amazing.

You can try it here (http://www.adamatomic.com/canabalt/) to see if you like it, too.

If you get into it, as nice as the default,t music is, playing Warm in the Shadows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMMCT9ir7QE) makes the whole thing even better.