PDA

View Full Version : Is 26.50 US a good price for OD&D White box?

Pollip
2009-12-27, 06:41 PM
Some guy is asking $26.50 US for the original, pre-Advanced Dungeons and Dragons First Edition rules, complete in its white box. Can I get a better deal than this elsewhere, or is this the best I can do?

herrhauptmann
2009-12-27, 06:44 PM
It sounds like a good deal. But if it's an online purchase I'd actually say it's too good to be true.
I'd expect things like broken/damaged books, everything has been written on, etc.

Pollip
2009-12-27, 07:57 PM
It is an online deal, but I think damage might actually be kind of endearing. I bought the 1st edition AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide online, and I couldn't help laughing, because the guy's description was 'good condition, though on the inside front cover there is some minor rune damage.' Sure enough, when I got it in the mail, someone had drawn a whole bunch of tolkein-style runes with a magic marker. Anyway, as long as everything is legible, I don't mind the condition, so I think I'll place my bid. My group has never played anything pre-3E, so I really want us to see where it all began, so to speak.

ken-do-nim
2009-12-27, 08:38 PM
Some guy is asking $26.50 US for the original, pre-Advanced Dungeons and Dragons First Edition rules, complete in its white box. Can I get a better deal than this elsewhere, or is this the best I can do?

It's utterly amazing. A white box with all 3 original booklets plus the reference sheets should go for at least $75. Depending on condition and printing it can double that.