PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Gatekeeper Druid, did I mention he is a little crazy?

Animefunkmaster
2009-12-28, 11:49 AM
Greetings all who dwell in the playground.

I have a quick question regarding a few feat choices to best suit a character I will be starting in a week or so.

I am entering in a preexisting eberron campaign, currently level 13. The party is a ragtag group of adventurers who recently disrupted a manifest zone in Q’barra, but has thus far destroyed everything that has come out of it. The character I would like to join the party is a gatekeeper.

Quick note I would like him to be slightly crazy, like a multiple personality disorder, or emotional dysfunction, see’s auras and what not. I am also having him dance the line between gatekeeper and fallen gatekeeper, so there is a bit of houserules in here. I would like to play a character that is similar to a Sherlock Holmes/Mr. Hyde (can I get any more Mary Sue?).

Tldr: I am looking for 2 feats to represent emotional/mental problems. I am currently thinking about rage, imperious command and intimidating rage, but not convinced.

Current Build+ Houserules:
Desert Half Orc
Druidic Avenger 5/Planar Shepherd (Xoriat) 8
*Contemplating taking the half orc sub levels for the hit dice, but its capstone, the free augment summoning, seems lost on me since I can no longer spontaneously cast sna also I need a 15 cha for imperious command.

Feats:
1) Gatekeeper initiate (DM, allows me to take for planarshepherd)
3)Track (I want to keep this)
6)Natural Spell (obvious is obvious)
9) Free (Intimidating Rage)
12) Free (Imperious Command)

DM rulings
Instead of magical beasts, planar shepherd allows me to turn into aberrations.
I can still qualify for Gatekeeper initiate without spontaneous summon nature’s alley and must take the feat as a prereq.

If I was going for strict numbers, I would not take druidic avenger (animal companion is too good, and frankly rage is meh for a caster), but since I am more concerned with optimizing the character any other ideas on how to make this guy seem like he has mental problems?

Edit: Also DM Ruling Planar Shepherd stacks for rage from druidic avenger.