PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Let's share our past/current/future PCs for each other to use as NPCs.

Pika...
2009-12-28, 01:18 PM
Sigil and Spelljamming are wonderful things. They can take individuals from Faerun, to Greyhawk, to Eberron, back to Faerun, then to Dawn Forge, and then Sardior knows where else. The idea is for our favorite (or not so favorite) PCs from days past, current PCs, or even PCs some of us might have in storage to potentially take side-quests and make cameo appearances on ther DMs' world(s) while we ourselves are not at the gaming table. Who knows, maybe they might even live longer in other people's games/worlds than even we played them if they are just that awesome. :smallbiggrin:

I just finished the basic information, background, and a sketch (poorly done as it is) for a new PC (spoiler boxed below). As someone who saves all his character sheets I will be adding to this thread when I get some spare time, and plan to post new ones as they come into being.

The basics of what would be nice to have when you add an old/current/new PC:

Basic information on the PC. Stats, name, race, class(s), level, etc.
Some background on the PC.
What the PC's alignment and goals were (if any).
If you still have her/his/it's sheet it's stats and equipment list would be helpful.
Optional: An image to use as a character (or NPC in this case) portrait for DMs to use as a visual.
Optional: If you played this PC some information on where he left off, or where/how he retired, or if he died/got killed how (and perhaps an idea for how/why he is back up?).
Optional: If anything related to the PC is homebrewed please list or link to it.
Optional: Whether you want your old PC to be used as goodie or badie or just helpful/unhelpful NPC in other peoples games. Note that you are basically making your PC Open Game License here, so it can not be assured/forced, but I am sure most here would respect your wises. :smallsmile:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/My%20characters/MrImDelicious-1.jpg

Name:
Mr. Delicious, I'm

Alignment:
CN

Race:
Dogbold (A Kobold subrace)

Class:
Psion

Secondary Profession:
Swamp Dragon breeder, rider, and former cavalry man. (aka ranks in Handle Animal, Ride, Profession: (Breeder), and might take the Animal Cohort feat).

Birth Tribe:
The "We are too Damn Tasty :( " tribe of the the Swamp Dragon Swamp boarders.

While most races consider well seasoned Dogbold a delicacy, this tribe has some distinct flavor that has made them especially pleasing to the taste-buds. Perhaps it is something from the nearby swamp, maybe it's something in their mostly scavenger diet they find locally, or possibly it's their habit of regularly getting slightly simmered by their semi-tamed swamp dragons? Who knows, and to be honest who cares; all that matters is that they are darn tasty. Hence why this clan has actually become a bit successful in surviving and pushing back enemies from it's boarders, largely due to it resorting to taming swamp dragons and use them as semi-kamikaze cavalry (a completely insane and stupid idea only a Dogbold could come up with and attempt, and succeed at no less. Truly their lack of fear is the only thing keeping them from fading into extinction.).

The We are too Damn Tasty :( tribe lives anywhere it can find some basic type of shelter as it migrates in a pointless never ending circle around the Swamp Dragon Swamp. If faced with odds they know they can not beat, and which scares them more than Vor: The Big Red Angry God getting mad at them for being cowards, the tribe will usually try to flee into the Swamp Dragon Swamp to scatter and hide until the coast is clear.

While they are a nomadic tribe the We are too Damn Tasty :( tribe does maintain and (attempt to) protect (though evil greedy adventurers occasionally break in, kill everyone, and take Vor's stuff) a place of great importance to the Dogbold race on this world. Near the very center of the Swamp Dragon Swamp, deep beneath the ruins of an ancient Human water park, lies the first temple the Dogbold race has constructed (well, sorta...) to Vor: The Big Red Angry God. It is maintained by Acolytes, Adepts, and Clerics from the various Dogbold Tribes of this magical ley line region (currently the only region Dogbolds are known to inhabit), and is guarded by swamp dragon cavalry from the We are too Damn Tasty :( tribe along with some units of foot "soldiers"/warriors (hahahahahaha) provided by the other Dogbold tribes of the ley line region (OK, OK, they're honestly just there to [hopefully] slow down the invading adventurers long enough to get some of the stuff out through the back door. Just don't tell them that.). Every morning and before beddytime the Clergy of Vor: The Big Red Angry God perform ceremonial beatings on his faithful (this also counts as their daily prayers to regain their spells).

Background:
Mr. Delicious is a true oddity among his kind. For starters he has survived far longer than your average Dogbold usually does, both due to the intervention of the Dogbold deity and his first year of life as a swamp dragon cavalry man (OK, let's be honest. More like suicide bomber...). After hitting age one managing to not explode while aiding his tribe (the "We Too Damn Tasty :( " tribe) in driving away predators and the few invading creatures and races actually wanting to lay claim the their ley line magic intense territory he was allowed the rare honor of retiring. At age 3 he was declared an elder of the tribe. If he hits five and/or is the oldest surviving member of his tribe he will be grandfathered into the role of being spokesman for their tribe when all the Dogbold tribes come together to (try to) figure out something constructive they can do.

Anyway, after surviving his experiences with those little flammable exploding pieces of cuteness you'd think he would learn his lesson, right? Right? Come on, we are talking about a Dogbold here...he started breading the damn things. >_>

But wait, there's more! The second thing that makes this little bugger unique is that he has an insanely high intellect for one of his kind. Actually, any intellect is amazing for a Dogbold, but Mr. Delicious is potentially smarter than your average Human (no bull!). So much so that he has recently developed Psionic potential. However, he is still as WISe as your average Dogbold, so rather this will anger or amuse Vor: The Big Red Angry God is yet to be seen.

What caused this improved intellect (aka INT) is not yet known to even Mr. Delicious himself. Perhaps he is being affected by the dangerous levels of ley line magic in his tribe's territorial area? Perhaps he is just a one in a million freak (by his race's standards I mean)? Who knows, and unless this DOGBOLD actually ACHIEVES something (hahahahahahahaha again) no one is really likely to ever investigate the matter.

Recently he left his heard of swamp dragons at Vor's temple for them to train and use in order to go find his favored friend since puphood: His pet swamp dragon and former stead Keep Burny My Butt.

Goals:
a) Mr. Delicious wishes to investigate and explore his new found "intelogenze" and psionic potential. This could be very disastrous...
b) Finding his best pal Keep Burny My Butt.
c) Learn why his race is on this world that until a few of (his race's) generations ago the other races did not know anything about them.
d) Learn about his race's mythical progenitor's which the elders call KObolds, and figure out where they are.
e) Potentially one day WAY OFF become a great Dogbold who can round up enough of his kind (and perhaps for good measure some powerful magic items, and maybe even other creatures. He is smart enough to be realistic after all.) to try to expand his race's distribution beyond the ley line region they have originated from.
f) Maybe even lead the construction of, or crazy enough even take over a fortress (or something vaguely similar) near the boarders of the Dogbolds' territorial area/land which is unwanted by other creatures. Come on, they want to get out of there too (for good reason), and it must be nice having a roof over one's head and such one could imagine!
g) Don't tell Vor, but he would not mind finding a nicer deity for his people while in the "outside world"...

Notes on this PC/NPC:

This is a new PC for an upcoming game.
Ley lines are a system the new DM will be using.
Dogbolds are a homebrewed race of mine which the new DM has integrated into his own world. They are basically a subrace of Kobolds inspird by Kobolds are my Baby!. They have an additional -2 Wis and +2 Dex, and have the natural weapons from the Races of the Wild Kobold web enhancement.
You can use him as a goodie, badie (which I imagine would be histerical), or simple comic relief the PCs can smack with a stick when they like. Knowck yourselves out. If you can please just drop me a line if you want letting me know how he did. :smallsmile:
I will upload his stats and such when I finish him up.
Swamp Dragons the DM is taking right out of the Discworld novels. give them a quick wiki or The Google for more information.